Designers » N-Q » Oriental « Groups

Queen by Queen Latifah Queen Latifah for women

Queen by Queen Latifah Queen Latifah for women
dislike

Queen by Queen Latifah Queen Latifah for women Pictures Queen by Queen Latifah Queen Latifah for women Pictures

The first fragrance from Queen Latifah, the charismatic and curvaceous award-winning rapper, actress and singer will debut Fall 2009, in the US, with an international roll-out shortly thereafter. According to Queen Latifah, “Beauty really does start on the inside. It's like a state of mind, a state of love if you will. So I see fragrance as just a natural expression of this state of love: scent expresses a woman’s confidence and sensuality, it’s how she embraces her body, her mind and her strength.”

“Queen Latifah exudes a radiant confidence and inimitable style,” Neil Katz, Chairman and CEO of Parlux Fragrances, Inc. observes. “Individuals of all ages connect with her compelling charisma and her compassion. Every woman is a Queen in Latifah’s world. With that sense of empowerment in mind, this first fragrance, Queen, naturally, expresses not simply beauty and sensuality but inner strength and an exuberant sense of confidence.”

THE FRAGRANCE

The glimmer of warmth illuminates the opening notes of QUEEN by Queen Latifah. A sparkling, sumptuous golden accord, reminiscent of aged Tequila, shines the light on citrus notes of Italian Bergamot and Mediterranean Mandarin. Sultry, sensual, remarkably rare Baie Rose harmonizes with Jasmine Noir, while Cognac, authoritative and intriguing, meets aromatic Moroccan Coriander as the heart of the fragrance comes to life. The base notes create a powerful, mysterious accord for this deep, rich Oriental fragrance: Indonesian Patchouli and precious Sandalwood enhance the soft allure of Vanilla and Tonka Absolute. The fragrance finishes with a graceful sojourn, made memorable with passionate Egyptian Incense and sexy Musk.

THE BOTTLE

Ruby red, delicately faceted and edged with gold borders, the bold, sexy square bottle is as dynamic as Queen Latifah herself. A dimensional heart emerges on the façade, reinforcing Queen’s message of beauty from within.

THE QUEEN by Queen Latifah COLLECTION

The bold, sexy fragrance collection includes:

Eau de Parfum Spray - 3.4 oz.,

Eau de Parfum Spray - 1.7 oz.,

Body Lotion - 6.0 oz.,

Body Butter - 5.0 oz.

The nose behind this fragrance is Steve Demercado.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange

Rose Jasmine Cognac Coriander

Patchouli Sandalwood Vanilla Tonka Bean Musk Incense

Evening Rose
Angel Aqua Chic

Queen by Queen Latifah Fragrance Reviews

This is a boozy, warm, spicy vanilla. A true oriental, there are no flowers coming through for me. There is a touch of patchouli to this, but nothing too obvious. I love the drydown. The sandalwood really comes out for me, and it turns into a very warm, cozy spicy skin scent. This lasts quite a long time on me, a good 6 hour or more. The longer I wear this, the better I think it smells. It’s spicy and warm, and mildly sweet, just the way I like. Such a treat for such an affordable scent.

kismetdaisy

I have a 3.4oz of this up for swaps if anyone's interested;)

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

This is so delicious.

Oily patchouli opening that mellows to a cinnamon cognac on top of smooth tonka bean and sandalwood. Another reviewer made an allusion to amaretto, which I definitely agree with. This definitely rivals some of the far more expensive fragrances I have in my collection and I ain't even mad--it's spicy, warm, creamy, and wonderful.

Don't pass this up if you're a gourmand lover. It's a real treat.

I sense no similarity to Angel.

peachypixie
peachypixie

It might smell a bit like Angel for the first 30 seconds, but after that it gratefully moves into a warm, sophisticated, and confident scent. I do not like Angel, mostly not a fan of honey and it's too much going on at once, y'know?
As many others have said, the price is such a steal, even with shipping. I can reasonably say that this little $6 bottle of Queen outshines many expensive scents in terms of sillage and longevity.

Overall: Queen is a POWERHOUSE perfume with a price that is irresistable.

Best for Fall/Winter

madgefan
madgefan

Starts off smelling exactly like Angel. Unfortunately, it has the grossest smelling dry down I've ever experienced. Smells like sweet rubber that makes me gag.

Mirabele
Mirabele

Oh it does remind me of Angel, that I am not a fan of. Very interesting fragrance, I can see why so many like it, especially taking into account the price. I really like the opening, but then comes patchouli and makes the party over for me. It is too sharp and scratchy and just does not blend well with vanilla, to my nose. Patchouli is generally a “be careful” note for my nose, so it could have been worse. I’d say longevity was pretty good on my skin, I took a quick shower about an hour after application, and I could slightly smell it even after. The bottle is lovely, and I am able appreciate the overall composition. But it is just so not my taste. Too sweet, too gourmand and patchouli doesn’t blend well with other notes. I wish I would love it, for that price I would love to own a bottle.

kismetdaisy

Hmmm. Just finally took the plunge and bought that big 10$ bottle from Ross. I am officially perplexed by this perfume. It wasn't at all what I was expecting, and oh boy did I want to gag at first spray. But I refuse to give on perfumes so easy, and the more I keep spraying and allowing it to develop, there's times where I really love this fragrance.... Sometimes z It is 100% accurate to call this an oriental frag. Very deep, rich and bold. Most definitely a scent I would associate with Queen Latifah. I'm not too familiar with plain oriental perfume, and the ones I've tried I haven't liked-I'm more so into the oriental vanillas. But this has a slight gourmand twist, as other reviewers have said, a mature gourmand.

As for the Angel comparisons... I do get some similarities here and there in the dry down. Let me just clarify that I absolutely hate Angel, despite my many efforts to force it upon myself. But I kind of like Queen, so they're really not alike--just perhaps in the same category I. was scared to buy this because of the Angel comparisons, so I want to specifically let it be known to all the angel haters that this is not an Angel dupe, and a lot of angel haters love this. The patchouli in Queen is sweet and creamy, where Angel is earthy and as I say "5 day festival dirty." Lol. I'm usually against patchouli in my perfumes, but patchouli is the very note I'm loving the most in Queen. It's soo sexy and exotic! Queen is very boozy from start to finish with that cognac note, and like others have said, I'm getting more tonka and amber than vanilla. Perhaps it is, in fact, the vanilla note-/but it smells more tonka mixed with the boozy patchouli. It's also slightly woody, which is just the icing on the cake in my book. This is sweet, but not a typical tooth achin' sugary sweet. It's more so sweet like syrup. Yes, it's exactly that-/the perfume all the way through is very syrupy --I was having trouble putting I my finger on that.

I still can't think of an appropriate adjective for Queen, but it's provocative and womanly for sure. t's nice. I'm only just now getting used to it, so maybe it'll continue to grow on me--who knows. But I did wear this out last night and got a lot of compliments. Maybe because it's unlike any other celeb fragrance. Longevity and sillage are decent. I'm not sure yet if I would buy another bottle .. But the patchouli in this is slightly addictive to the point I keep spraying it on myself. I also want to warn that Queen is straight nasty at first spray. Don't judge it too early. Give it some time. This seems like a like or dislike perfume to me.. Don't think I'll ever love it , but don't think anyone could really hate it. I could imagine this being a train wreck in the hot summer months lol, so it'll have to wait for next winter mostly. I don't regret buying Queen, ultimately. For the 10$, it's worth it if you're curious;)

rainingroses
rainingroses

I guess skin chemistry really is everything -

Queen doesn't remind me of Angel at all. The only similarities to my nose are that they both are rather heavy on patchouli and they are both bold scents, especially suitable for colder weather. Angel is fruitier and candy sweet, I do not enjoy Angel but I love Queen!

I would describe this as an elegant oriental fragrance, which indeed has a strong patchouli note. It's boozy and woodsy (the sandalwood is very strong on me, not that I complain) as well as incense-y.

According to the votes, vanilla is one of the main notes, but it's hardly there at all on my skin, nor are the fruits. I do get a lot of tonka, though. It's sweet (but not sugar sweet) and very warm.

This, to me, is a fragrance for a bold and sensual woman. I have a full-size bottle but I'm thinking about buying a back up. Staying power is pretty good.

loada82
loada82

Doesnt like it.
Maybe because the fragrance does not suit my personality.
Nor my life.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

I bought a small 15ml bottle of this for the lowest price of 5GBP. It was a blind buy and reminded me that sometimes blind buys go horribly, horribly wrong.
I cannot stand this I'm sorry to say. It's an instant scrubber it smells really, really bad to my nose, the same patchouli is in this as in Angel and it does not agree with my olfactory senses.
It smells like stale vomit, I kid you not.
So sad, I really wanted the boozy experience and being able to wear something reminiscent of Angel. Ah well.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This scent was a very pleasant surprise. I thought I would find it too sweet, but instead it reminded me of a cross between Le Baiser du Dragon and Must de Cartier. Bravo to Queen Latifah to put her name on a fragrance that reminds me of 2 classics and reminds others of Muigler's Angel. Clearly this is a well done perfume.

I can tell that this is made with a more synthetic vibe but that sensation leaves quickly leaving one with the impression of a warm glass of cognac and some sort of lovely cinnamon pastries or a spicy amber candle in the background. Very warm and comforting and super long lasting. This lasts on my skin for 12 hours and very good sillage for the first 6 or 7.

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

I'm wearing it today and the only thing my brain will allow me to smell is delicious cherry cola. Not the kind you get in a can or bottle, but a fountain soda with grenadine. And a spicy artisan soda pop. Fizzy and sweet and dark. Love it!

agentj
agentj

I got this in a recent swap, and really, really like it. I wore it to work today and I work around a bunch of guys, who typically don't comment on my perfumes. One of the younger guys, probably in his early twenties said he liked it, so I asked if it was too much. He said, "well, it's a little loud...but in a good way". So I told him what it was, and he said that's what he would expect Queen Latifah to smell like. I agree! I think it's classy, beautiful, and extremely well done for such an inexpensive perfume. Definitely for colder weather, and it will be in my fall/winter wardrobe.

Princess Brittany
Princess Brittany

Ok. Great lasting power. Sexy. Boozy. Spicy. Sweet. I Am In Love!
I didn't expect to fall in love with this scent as I have. It is exceptional. Considering the price and being a celebrity scent... that to my knowledge didn't make that big of a splash, this is out of this world. It is reminiscent of Angel by Mugler and believe it or not has a comparable lasting power and just as complex. The cognac, the tonka bean, the vanilla, the mandarin orange... wow! It is wonderful from beginning to end. I got the 50mil I will definitely be getting more! Highly recommended.

Mercedesxoxo
Mercedesxoxo

I think it bears repeating that, though the comparisons with Angel may be plentiful, the perfumes smell nothing alike. To me the comparisons are plentiful because both perfumes are deeply complex and boozy. Dare I say, Queen is the more sophisticated of the two- and I adore Angel!

Never in a million years would I have imagined a celebrity perfume (a "cheap" celebrity perfume at that) could be so delicious yet complex and of such good quality. The cognac in this perfume is so rich I'm surprised I have not gotten tipsy after a spray. The patchouli takes a backseat to the rich tonka and sweet incense. This is how a vanilla oriental should be done.

I have read many reviews stating utter surprise at this sleeper of a gem. I have heard perfume snobs say its in their secret top 5 scents. I wholeheartedly agree. The longevity and quality of this fragrance amaze me. I sprayed it in my hair and three days later I could still smell that heady, potent mix of booze and sweetness. For a perfume of this quality I would have paid triple what I did, but fortunately this scent is found in discount stores everywhere for under $10. I find the bottle sturdy and nice, the full size fits easily in my glovebox. I have designated this perfume as my BMW's signature scent not because I don't love it, but because I do! Every time I slide behind the wheel I am able to enjoy that relaxing feeling that only comes with being enveloped in a comforting, rich scent.

Mammajamma
Mammajamma

I saw this and for $10 I had to try it as I am exploring vanilla orientals a bit more. I see a lot of comparison to TM Angel but couldn't see that coming from Queen Latifah, was so curious! I have tested it twice (my bottle may be slightly turned not sure) and to me I get no Angel. To me this is bold cognac all throughout , I don't get much citrus or floral. I get a seriously kick-butt ladies poker night, all snifters of cognac and the sweet tobacco of great but unlit cigars! It is deep, warm, strong and bold, just what I expect from Queen Latifah herself! Also a bit unusual, I like that. To me, Angel is on the surface dressed up in a glittery ball gown, and Queen is a bold tomboy who will dress up for girls night out with a jaunty fedora. Sorry for my rambling, I really like this frag but overall I think it is a bigger presence than I am, but it's really growing on me.

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

This is the fragrant equivalent of a warm bath after a frigid day and cozying up with a great book and a cognac,liqueur and spice enhanced hot chocolate under a cashmere throw. To my nose, the vanilla, spice and cacao gives it an Angel vibe (but not a dupe). However, in Queen the patchouli is present but much more subdued. I can appreciate how patchouli enhances many fragrances, but in Queen, it's not a skanky, hideous assault on my senses the way Angel is once I spray it on my skin. Very sexy but warm and comforting scent; not too sweet,not too spicy. Sillage is moderate; eventually fades and wears close to the skin but sticks onto clothing. Not your typical sugary celebrity fragrance (though I like sweet scents as evidenced by my wardrobe)and pretty bottle; smells more expensive that the $10(!) I paid for a 3.4 oz bottle at Marshall's. This is a keeper. Very underrated and worth a buy,blind or otherwise.

Scentasticme
Scentasticme

I adore this fragrance. It's very sexy ! This smells so much better than Angel. I can wear this one all year round where Angel is too heavy and deep for warm weather. Queen has a fruitiness and playfulness Angel doesn't have. This fragrance is very understated. If it was made by a top perfume house , it would be a best seller.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

Well if you want to know if Queen draws any similarities to Angel, just scroll down to all the reviews... yup there's a few ... so I won't make more comparisons.
This starts out sweet with vanilla and caramel, with a light incense and patchouli base that nicely balances the sweetness without making the scent heavy. The cognac adds a small twist to keep it interesting. Overall a nice well-made perfume suitable for any age :)

YogaRose
YogaRose

If she were a woman she'd be naturally beautiful, with a sweet yet sophisticated allure, she's fine like strawberry and dark wine....ah and Patchouli... you can't get enough of her. "Angel with a twist of Rock" were my thoughts exactly, Sensuous...and I personally like this one better.
I want this one again; especially for winter.

sensuous@midnight
sensuous@midnight

I would say Angel with a twist of rock. Angel makes me sick, but Queen makes me feel happy & sexy. first sniff is heavily boozy, it reminds of Bailey's liqueur. creamy vanilla, sharp patchouli, sexy gourmand notes, Queen is the perfect scent to make a woman feel irresistible. Angel is an exceptionnal perfume, even though I don't like to wear it. Queen is Angel's naughty & flirty youger cousin, an accessible diva, and she is the one I have chosen to make out with ;-)

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

A nice but strong fragrance best used in the cold winter months. It has similarities to Angel Mugler. If your a fan of Angel you might enjoy Queen. It's sweet, musky with vanilla and patchouli notes. The first spray is incredibly overpowering but the fragrance does settle down nicely on the skin. My initial impression when spraying it besides the similarities to Angel were thank goodness this one is wearable. I can't tell you how many blind purchases have ended up in the trash can or goodwill bin. Queen is nice but not super unique, however for what I paid for it I am glad to add it to my growing collection and would wear it comfortably. The funny part is I cannot wear Angel yet I can enjoy Queen. So in closing if you enjoy warm sweet scents and are an Angel fan give Queen a go. TJ's has it for $9.99 so don't run out and pay full price.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

vanilla Coca-Cola... until 2hours later when the stank patchouli kick in! [don't get me wrong, I really like patchouli, but in this perfume it's stank and ruins the sweet/warm beauty]

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

this fragrance reminded me of angel with the chocolate and the patchouli at first...then you smell a delicious rum note but unfortunately this fragrance turns later into a dirty patchouli that turned me off..i got it for 9.99 at Tjmaxx and now i see why

Jillita
Jillita

All the reviewers raving about this fragrance as seeming more expensive and beautiful than its budget sticker would imply are spot on. Queen is a gorgeous scent for the winter holiday season, opulent, including dark berries (think: strawberry, raspberry), and plum at the top, chocolate and caramel at heart, with warm amber, vanilla, cognac to finish out the bottom. An elegant gourmand. The only downside is Queen remains close to the skin and doesn't last long, but for those who don't like the power frag bombs of the 80s, such as Poison or Opium, this could be a major plus. Unfortunately, I find its disappearing act on me renders it to the point of frustratingly fugacious. Others may not have the same issue. The nose behind this one also created Jessica Simpson's Fancy Nights, so you can expect the unexpected with this 'yet another' celebrity scent. At $10 US, a steal. Perhaps I got what I paid for, but I happily indulge in its sweet warmth before it disappears on my skin and rate it at the top of the heap of the ever-growing number of celebrity perfumes.

sultaria
sultaria

I got a great deal on this fragrance at TJMAXX ($9.99 for 3.4 oz, so if you're interested you may want to look for it there). I am still waiting on my Queen of Hearts to come in the mail so I cannot make a comparison. This is a really warm, delicious, spicy scent. It is not along the same lines as opium or classical oriental spicy scents. It's a much more subtle spice, and I believe that the patchouli really helps bring out the other notes. There is a definite cognac note in there, which blends incredibly well into the composition of the fragrance. This is a really quite good perfume. I used to buy higher end perfumes (i.e. Dior, Estee Lauder, etc.) until moving on to cheaper treasures like this. In this case, certainly price has no impact whatsoever on the quality of this perfume. It is rich, of decent strength, and a scent that lasts longer than some of its pricier counterparts. I would highly recommend this to people who enjoy spicy scents.

VJ2
VJ2

I love this fragrance! I have both Queen and Queen of hearts. This one is spicy and sweet. I love the lingering waft of incense and liquer on my skin during the day. Well done.

Ps. not a summer frag..does well in cooler months, IMO.

faubel
faubel

This was a blind buy that jumped straight into my top 5 favorite perfumes. I can't believe how great this is. I have lovely members here to thank for helping me ascertain that I would probably love it and take the plunge.

Yeah, it's crazy sweet and strong at first, but it quickly calms down. I find it very rich and warm, almost creamy. I get booze and vanilla and spice. The citrus is distinctively present at first but doesn't last long. I can't pick out a lot of the flowers but I think they add depth and interest, keeping it from being cloyingly sweet. Jasmine can kill a perfume for me but here it doesn't take over.

I'm a person for whom the patchouli in Angel is just too much...too dirty, too strong, too something. I hate it. There is nothing of that pungent smell in this perfume. Queen is very smooth and easy. It's a gorgeous gourmand in a beautiful bottle at an unbelievable price. The longevity on me is about a 4 out of 5. It does benefit from a light touch--I did more than two sprays once, and will not do that again.

Edit: I love Angel now. But I still love this scent. And they occupy totally different worlds.

blueviolet
blueviolet

Bam! old perfume scent, then aromatic notes, then very quickly fades into faint vanilla. Blind buy as Im trying on more oriental scents for winter. But no this is not for me sadly, I think on someone else but its just not me. Poor sillage and staying power.

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

A cousin twice removed of TM Angel. I think because it's deep? On first spray Queen does not smell like it. Queen is fresher than Angel. On the way to down you can smell patchouli. At the base, there's incense but that is with your nose right into it. I don't smell vanilla
it's not offensive as patchouli can be!
if you don't like angel or any copy thereof, probably you will not like this.
I have read and seen that several people do not like the bottle. I think it's great and different. When you turn it on the side, you can see a heart "pushed" through the red glass, from back to front. I like the heavy glass with the chechers design on it
Not bad for a reasonable price

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I read that Queen reminds people of Angel. Well, after I have been wearing TM Angel for about 12 hrs, it then has certain similarities to Queen. So if you are looking for a cheaper Angel, this one will disapoint you.
The opening of this frag isn't my favourite, but luckily it settles quick. Then it's just nice, cosy and warm. It's not the most amazing perfume in the world, but it is pleasant enough. I wear it at home, or as an everyday perfume. I bought it dead cheap, and I don't regret. I decanted some for my mum, because she really liked it on me.

leizl
leizl

Definitely an autumn/winter scent - and definitely worth the blind buy. From the negative reviews, I was timid to spray it directly on myself, so an unscented tissue came in handy. On further sniff (and not at all offended), I decided to try it on my skin. Yes, the initial spray will cause one to pause - but the dry down is quite pleasant. Dose sparingly; the strong initial perplexing scent will morph into a scent that is warm and sensual.

mhubbard
mhubbard

I didn't read any of the "rude" reviews but I will say this is nothing in the least like Angel. Upon further inspection, it appears the really rude reviews were removed. I might be inspired to write such a review, as I really don't like this perfume, but I wish I knew why. The boozy note shouldn't offend me. Its somewhat sweet, which I usually go for....I've nothing against inexpensive scents, I wear many. I gravitate towards heavier scents as well. Alas, its a mystery. I would love to hear any suggestions as to why I would love Obsession, Poison, Opium but not this......coming to a Salvation Army box near you.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I agree with the other reviewers - the opening blast is a shocker: super sweet, loud, in your face, bordering on vulgar (Ew, get it off!). But almost immediately, Queen starts to mellow out and the warm, enveloping dry down is oh so lovely. A rich, cozy, sexy vanilla cognac scent - what I would call a mature gourmand. This will be a beautiful one to have on hand for the fall/winter. Love it!

IsabelAlice
IsabelAlice

First spray: OH DEAR THIS IS SICKLY SICKLY SWEET! Gaaaah!
2 minutes later: Hey, wait! It's getting good! Hmmm! Really good!
30 minutes later: Still super sweet, but now in a nice kinda boozy way.

Has lots of vanilla and tonka and lacks the class of houses such as Guerlain, whose work is focused towards these elements. But hey, for the price it's such a bargain, since it's incredibly cheap for what it's delivered.

You just have to let the fragrance take its time to setlle onskin. Do not decide based on first minutes spray. Better yet: apply and wait for at least 10 minutes to smell.

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

At first spray, I thought I had made a terrible mistake. It was sharp and stinging to the nostrils, with a spicy note that wasn't friendly. I'm glad I stuck with it, though. At the drydown, there's still more patchouli than I care for, but I keep getting whiffs of a rich, smooth scent. 7/10

I'd say it's like being slapped in the face with a satin glove.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

testing this for the first time and WOW. i love this even more than i expected i would. i love angel and vanilla-y floral orientals in general, so this is right up my alley. it's a beautiful warm, spicy vanilla cognac scent. it's like a boozier less patchouli-berry angel, and i think it's perfect for the colder months.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I love the scent spicy vanilla cognac almost a chocolately note in there also.. Sillage is arms length but I hate that I have to reapply it every 2 hrs else it's just a sweet vanilla skin scent..

I have the body butter and it doesnt seem to have the cognac, more sandlewood instead.. which I also love but really wanted the cognac as it is so rich smelling in the perfume

Agatha-Christie
Agatha-Christie

it smells very similar to Angel, but for me even better than Angel, love the cognac note

Biggsra
Biggsra

Somehow this ends up a very brown sugar and vanilla scent on me. After the initial blast of booziness I get a cozy sweet vanilla with a hint of patchouli. I love it, and so do my male friends.

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Warm, woody, vanilla all fit but I swear I smell chocolate and caramel, too. Funny that I smell these notes here where they aren't and don't smell them in Angel which does have them!
This is really a nice sweet fragrance and something I would wear daily. BTW, I don't like Angel, so while this may be in the same family as Angel and very similar in ways, it is definitely not the same!
Great fun scent for such a low price!

Azanon100
Azanon100

I bought this for $9.99 after I checked this site for reviews. So many people wrote favorable reviews. I'm not blaming anyone. I just regret that I didn't scroll down far enough to read Sherapop's review.

Queen is exactly what Sherapop says. It's nothing like Angel and more like BS's Fantasy series of perfumes.

It's cheap smelling and extraordinally sweet in a agressive way. It will not let you go easily.

I don't recommend this frag. Sorry, Qeen. This frag is too hefty.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I bought Queen because I'd read so many great things about it. I was a little reluctant at first as I hadn't even heard of it in Australia, which made me cynical as I thought I'd have to pay a fair bit of $$$ for it. As it turns out, Fragrance X had a gift pack of body cream, body lotion and a 100ml EDP bottle for $20! A fabulous price!

Vanilla is a stand out, veiled by a gorgeous incense aroma and if you hold your nose closely to your skin, the patchouli materialises. I'm a huge lover of patchouli, so I loved the hidden surprise of having the patchouli sticking so closely to my skin. The cognac is also a lovely touch (just caught a whiff of it then).

I find that it's bordering on being an oriental vanilla or even a gourmand fragrance. It's delicate, sweet, rich and long lasting. It's also interesting reading people's comparisons to Mugler's Angel. I don't get it at all. Mugler's Eau De Star is a little more on par with it as there's a teeny hint of an aquatic quality about it. All in all, I'm greatly impressed with Queen and am looking forward to trying Queen of Hearts.

love45
love45

This perfume is the most mature perfume I have so far! It first smells like boozy and I can also smell the vanilla in it as well. The drydown is fabulous! I'm in love again lol

freddinos
freddinos

This review is coming from someone who admits to have worn a lot of Angel back in the 90s and now cannot stand it anymore.
Queen opens very similar to Angel. And that annoys me. After 5-10 min, the 'Angelesque' qualities are mostly gone,and I'm left with a sweet-heavyish-slightly sour perfume, that doesn't smell like celebrity but isn't as 'saturated' as a quality perfume (as another reviewer pointed out very precisely!) I don't hate it but I don't love it either. Will give it a bit of time to grow on me, but I doubt I'll love it as much as some of you guys! My love and admiration for Queen Latifah is still huge though, as I adore her bubbly personality and effortless style:)

Edit: I love it now, even thinking of getting a backup bottle!

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

this bottle reminds me of one of those LUV rooms you would get at a motel ! lol the fragrance is ok, it isnt bad but isnt great, not really my style its kinda spicy, maybe that is what she was going for a sweet spicy dessert to spice up the luv room? lol I liked the body butter it smelt great!

urbanexotic
urbanexotic

I, too, am amazed that there is no chocolate in this. It smells like Angel "light" to me. It gives the same overall impression that Angel does, and to me smells like Angel after it's been worn all day and is fading off. Yet it never has quite the same sharpness that Angel has. On me it lasts for about 4 hours, with the edginess of the spice wearing evenly away until all that is left is a delicate "you are wearing perfume and it's unidentifiable but pleasant" scent.

b.a.denney

This does NOT smell like Angel. It lacks all that icky strong spice I hate in Angel(not a fan of Thierry Mulger's Angel). Queen's scent is very vanilla based and with some nicely done spice very toned down and just enough to be warm. I have this and so does my Mom. The bottle is pretty too. My bottle had something happen I've never had happen with all the many, many bottles of perfumes I've had over the years: The tubing that runs from the spray head to the bottom of the bottle disconnected somehow and is now floating!!! I thought it was ruined but if I spray it with the bottle turned upside down so the fluid reaches the nozzle it sprays. Thank goodness..I had a full bottle.

mzfiguer
mzfiguer

I tried it last Sunday and found it faded on me much too quickly to enjoy it at all. It was very soft. Would use if given as a gift in the daytime but as a purchase, I would pass.

Maslina
Maslina

This is my blind buy and its the cheapest. What a bargain! Bought from FragranceX with free shipping to my country! Love!! What surprise me here is the beautiful, wearable and long lasting scent! It really works on my skin. I think I am suitable for spicy notes. This will be my perfume of the week.

Ouch!
Ouch!

So this perfume is all about the warm cognac and base notes.

The fact that this is a very sweet patchouli fragrance makes it feel like TM Angel when it first opens but this isn't how it ends.

It smells like a very cozy, fuzzy boozy version of angel at first. Like if Angel had a few too many drinks. I can smell no citrus or floral elements really and as I said it's more about the base notes. Exotic sandlawood, patchouli LOTS of vanilla and cognac give it a gourmand feel.

It does lose alot of it's exoticness as it dries but stays very sweet and has a lovely closeness that makes me feel like I'm being hugged holding a hot toddy.

The lasting power is quite good. Id’ say five hours on me sometimes longer. I think it deserves a round of applause for being so scrummy and not a generic fruity floral.

Well done! I’m gonna use this more in winter or for bedtime.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

For the price that it sells for 12 dollars at Ross, this is a complete bargain. Beautiful creation and it doesn't smell cheap at all. I still cannot wear it on my body though, so I spray my bedroom with it. I did notice that it kind of reminds me of TM Angel, but only if I spray it in the room, on the skin it doesn't smell anything like Angel. It smells of very boozy, vanilla, definitely a good buy.

Good job Queen Latifah!

psloves
psloves

I bought this based on peoples reviews that said it smelt like Noir de Noir from TF which I received as a Christmas present.

This was a blind purchase online and as its so cheap I thought why not esp if it passes for TF.

Well I can say they do smell slightly similar and I do like this perfume, its long wearing and was worth taking a chance on... however to me its missing the Xfactor of Noir de Noir which is currently my favourite but at £200 for 100ml, gift or not I will be using it sparingly.

kismetdaisy

Soo, why is this so cheap? The notes sound lovely, and votes say it has good sillage and staying power.. Both are very important to me in perfumes. So, is this very vanilly? If its the spicy vanilla it's described to be, I want! But ppl keep saying it smells like TM's Angel., which I hate! If its that similar to angel, I must steer clear! But the price is so tempting! But perhaps it's cheap for a reason..? Hmmm

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Another bargain blind buy; It's okay to me; yet another fragrance that I'd keep around for casual use. Maybe I'll give it more time to see if it grows on to me.

Update: I had to give it away; way too sweet for me. It did nothing for me. My coworker took one whiff of it and fell in love with the fragrance, so now it has a new home. :)

byerscashmere

I bought this a few months ago, and I have to say this is a very pretty & sexy alluring scent, very yummy you can smell the richness to this perfume, and the creamy vanilla and the wonderful spices. last for hours....This is my winter fragrance, it is a warm cozy sweet scent.... When I was wearing this everyone ask me what the beautiful & alluring scent is that I'm wearing they said it is so pretty sweet& spicy ....I told them what I was wearing & now they all want to buy bottle of this beautiful perfume. They all said they have to have this for the Holidays..... BEAUTIFUL Fragrance!

truffles

Thanks to dear patxaran for the sample - been dying to smell this!
To my not-keen-on-Angel nose, this smells like a straight-up Angel copy although I see more experienced Angel noses have zeroed in on an Angel extrait above.
Queen is perhaps a little sweeter and more bearable than Angel but both are not really for me.
2nd try - I'm wearing it on the neck too now and this stuff is growing on me. Why do I get CHOCOLATE all the way through?
Someone below said it's produced by the combination of vanilla and tonka? Hmm..
Anyway, I'm not really a gourmand lover in perfume terms, and I do find Queen (and Angel) very masculine tbh - so I don't really want to project this smell beyond my own olfactory system - but I could get into wearing this for an at-home non-calorific chocolate hit!
Plus, from the pics I really like the bottle! I know no-one else does haha!
I think I'm talking myself into buying this.. it's so £cheap too.

jessbug
jessbug

I had to put off reviewing this scent, because I wasn't sure how I felt about it. At first I didn't love it; I was testing several other fragrances at the same time, and this felt somewhat flat, like a color that isn't very saturated. Also, I understand why some reviewers describe the patchouli as somewhat 'screechy'; I felt that way too that first time.

However, after having given it a bit more of a fair try, I have to say this is really nice. It's a warm, somewhat boozy, chocolate-y scent, that does remind me slightly of Angel; except where Angel smells edible but dangerous and poisonous, Queen seems safe and nice to eat.

The longevity could be better, I get around 2-4 hours, but when I wear this to bed the sheets smell lovely the next day and there is a faint trace of something that reminds me of the gorgeous vanilla drydown of Queen of Hearts on my skin.

I still love Queen of Hearts a little more than Queen, but this is most certainly a very nice frag that I've liked more and more since purchasing. Love it for nighttime and will definitely buy the 100 ml when I run out! Especially since it's so incredibly reasonably priced :)

mpbrown
mpbrown

Oh Yum!...... my gosh this is just gorgeous from beginning to end. It is right up my Oriental Spicy Vanilla alley. I can say no more except that I am definitely going to be purchasing a larger bottle! :))

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I received a decant of this from a very kind member here, thank-you! This fragrance really exceeded my expectations! From first spray, I loved it! It doesn't really seem like a celebrity fragrance to me. It is much better than the average celebrity fragrance. Something about this perfume seems familiar to me. When I applied it I felt like I was having a deja vu! Wearing it is just like wearing your favorite warm, cozy sweater. It just feels good! I love scents with a vanilla note in them and this is no exception. The vanilla here is delicious. Not too sweet, not suffocating or cloying and entirely pleasurable to have on. This fragrance certainly earns its place along side my other bottles. A mature scent that's suitable for all ages and all occasions.

tstarshine
tstarshine

This is spicy and warm yet strong and soft at the same time. Boozy oriental (vanilla?) and sexy, I love it!!!!

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

I just found Queen at a discounted price last weekend and I'm liking it a lot. The boozy Cognac works really well and I also pick up some sweet pipe tobacco. If you remember Escada's Collection, this is quite similar.

Queen's quality is good and the lasting power and sillage is above average. I have found myself spraying it on every evening this week. And bonus, my husband loves it.

patxaran
patxaran

This is my guilty pleasure in a bottle. I finally managed to get the sprayer on my brand new bottle to work (it was obstructed - anyone else having problem with their Queen Latifah sprayers?)
Wow this is an example of a succesful blind buy for me, one that seriously outperforms expectations indeed. One of the reviewers mentioned that this reminds of Angel... well I am not sure. For me this is much more wearable. There is no awkward screechy scratchiness here nor the despicable same-ish accord I have lately sniffed in many budget gourmand or floral fruity scents. (I am talking about that kind of artificial sweet combination that you can often notice right at the beginning.. not sure what it is could be certain type of amber combined with Jasmine or so) Granted, there may be a shipload of Vanilla diluted in this glass of brandy here but I am a vanilla person and I love it ! Curious to see how this will develop over the next few hours....
Update: have worn this extensively over the last few days and I love it from a to z. It's one of those scents that perfectly works on my skin and even the last remaining traces are so delicious that I can't stop pressing my nose against my skin... Can't believe this is so cheap. What's not to like.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I would like to let people know of my experience with Queen.

Warning: this is a comparison, not a true review, I guess.

I bought this once for $12, because of its alleged ressemblance to TF noir de noir (one can always dream). I was quite disappointed because I don't find these 2 fragrances to be having anything in common. Queen strikes me as a boozy chocolate dessert scent that is somewhat oriental (westernized) with a common sort of patchouli.

Noir de noir is a true modern chypre rose with a strong vanilla, a sassy saffron/patchouli combo, a discreet oakmoss... a earthy tuber and a westernized, highly wearable synthetic (?) oud.

how are these 2 fragrances anything similar? I don't see it...

Annica

@Truffles: To my nose they are totally different fragrances. Queen is sweeter and more youthful whereas Strip is a mature and fullbodied amber fragrance with less sweetness.It´also more powdery and more sensual in my opinion. Others may have a different opinion. It´s always about the bodychemistry in the end.

truffles

I'm going to not resist temptation (again) and get this and will come back to review.
In the meantime, are there any similarities between this and Agent Provocateur's Strip, can anybody say??
^^ Thank you Annica :)

Greicealix
Greicealix

I just received my Queen and I have to say it's one of the best parfums I ever tried. I'm very surprised with the unusual (in a classy sense) fragrance, can't believe the price of this treasure! It's warm, just a little bit sweet, and I definetelly can feel the amazing combination of cognac, vanilla and tonka bean. It has something of cacao, although it's not listed, but yes, I can feel a bit of dark chocolade... Anyway, I can't stop smelling my wrist, I'm already addicted on! Now, my holy trinity is complete: Angel, Love Never Dies Gold and Queen by Queen Latifah. =)

sugarshield
sugarshield

Queen by Queen Latifah is one of the latest batch of fragrances I've ordered samples of and have been dotting all up and down my arms this week! And because of its price point, I was very very excited and was hoping I would like it, but there is one note that keeps this from working on me: Cognac.

I've long since known that boozy notes don't sit well on my skin, and generally make me sick, but I was pretty much praying that the cognac note would be conveniently absent. But it came out swinging from the very beginning! If you like boozy notes, and cozy warm perfumes, this is definitely going to be right up your alley. If your skin transforms boozy notes into something sour and horrible, though, you will want to stay away from this.

Queen definitely smells like something easily five times its price (or more!) - don't let the affordability turn you away from it. It is, at the very least, worth trying a sample.

Prettysweetz

Excuse the typos...I'm on my phone and is 2am so I can't think nor type..that's why my review is a disaster...but and way...I just wanted to add that sometimes I like to later this with bath and body works aromatherapy black currant vanilla lotion. To my nose and on my skin, the citrus notes in both of them are almost identical...so, it is lovely when I pair this two! I also forgot to say that to me, is not a sexy perfume, just sophisticated and confident.

Prettysweetz

Read all th great reviews so when I saw a huge bottle on eBay for less than 10 bucks I couldn't pass it up. I love the bottle it's Girly but I don't love the perfume; i like it and my boyfriend hates it.
When I first spray this I get strong citrus which smell a bit masculine but with seconds the citrus is not as strong. Then I get incense/smokey notes with creamy notes. It stays like that for a while and as it fades it gets cremier.
Sorry, I am horrible at describing scents and I can't really detect notes so this is the best I can do to describe the perfume.
Like I said I like it, however, I don't find this complex nor do I find it Diffrent but it is very Diffrent and better than most celebrity perfumes. It is strong and Longetivity is great and I'm happy for that as nothing is strong or stays on my skin and Queen does. This is perfect for the office, think business woman. It is also good for girls dinner dates. This is not a Girly girl perfume, this is a woman's perfume; mature but not old. I believe this can be worn all year around, depending how much you apply and depending on your chemistry.
This does remind me a tiny bit of Angel but it does remind me a lot of a body splash my great grandma, grandma, aunts, and my mom had and used when I was very young, I'd say in the 80s. I think I like it because it brings me back memories.
I don't think I would buy this again unless it was cheap. I wouldn't buy it in a perfume shopping as there are better perfumes out there. I don't need to have this perfume.
To tell you the truth not many perfumes wowed me so try it, it may wow you.

Sirenn
Sirenn

Queen is a femme fatale perfume, but not in an overtly sexy way. Rather, she's the Marlene Dietrich of fragrances, with evocative masculine undertones combined with a distinctly feminine strength. This isn't a "pretty" perfume, but it's a sumptuously compelling one.

The tequila and cognac accords are boozy magic, lending their heady warmth to the blend without making it ever smell overtly alcoholic. The patchouli and sandalwood know their place, staying quietly in the background while spicy vanilla owns the stage. There are traces of jasmine, a hint of bergamot, but they never steal focus. Rather, the sum of Queen's parts are a lush, warm hug that you never want to be freed from.

Silage could be improved, longevity could be prolonged, but Queen is so incredibly affordable (under $12 for a 3.4 oz EDP) that you can spray and spray with complete abandon. A wildly under-appreciated perfume, and one I'd not want to be without!

nightcat23
nightcat23

I just bought this after wanting it for so long. When you smell it from the bottle, it smells a little peppery. When it is first sprayed on the skin the patchouli is quite strong and screechy and a little 'dirty' smelling. That could be the incense, tequila accord and patchouli working against each other. But once it dries down on the skin though, the cognac and the vanilla comes out and that's when the warming boozy quality begins.

It's definitely balmy and comforting once it's had some time to settle on your skin and everything has blended quite nicely. A great Fall and Winter scent. It smells very sophisticated and smooth.

It's such a cozy scent and would make you appealing for someone to cuddle. It's cozy and warm but not overtly heavy, which is a good thing as it won't make you feel suffocated or weighed down. It's just perfect.

Because I like this one so much, I really want to try Queen Latifa's other perfume, "Queen of Hearts."

Clyn11
Clyn11

This was a blind buy for me based on the reviews on here. I was looking for a boozy scent, something rich and dark but affordable. The first half hour was fab! Just what I've been looking for in a boozy scent but after that, it's downhill unfortunately....so very very vanilla. The cloying kind. Maybe I'll have to get an atomizer for this so I can re-apply before it reaches that point.

sistertricked
sistertricked

I get dark flowers/chouli swirls with vanilla and tonka creating a chocolatey lingering drydown. The boozy feeling elevates the scent from the heaviness of patchouli and, together with vanilla and caramel, creates the gourmand lust. Cozy, snuggle-upish and sexy.

fpih
fpih

A dead-ringer for Noir de Noir, this isn't; a sweet, sensual oriental that smells much more expensive than it actually is, yes. The drydown does remind me a little of Angel, but Queen is softer on the patchouli and sweetness, so I have to say I like it better than Angel.

Queen is very loud and sweet in the beginning, in a way that I thought I couldn't stand, but after a little while it becomes softer and the sugary note is toned down. The booze and patchouli show their face in the drydown, cutting through the vanilla's sweetness and there are more than a couple of spicy notes as well which I can't exactly pinpoint, but overall suit this scent and make it smell more like a mysterious and intriguing oriental than a fruity oriental mess.

However, after an hour or two, this is very faint on me, which might make it all nice and well for the office, but personally, as I'm fond of stronger perfumes even in the daytime, I do wish it had a stronger presence. As it is, the lasting power is mediocre (3-4 hours), but if you have an hour to put it on before you get to work, it's very office friendly, in an elegant, womanly and not teen-striving-to-look-sexy way. All in all, I find this a very easy to wear fragrance for every hour of the day during cold weather, that's more likely to please than offend anyone (except those sitting next to you on the bus, in the first 15'-30' after putting it on). Large size is recommended, since you'll need to reapply more than once during working hours, but with such price, who cares?

damewolf13
damewolf13

A rich dark womanly fragrance that says "I have arrived"! This scent is a very full bodied mix of spices, fruits, and incense, that blend to become a very sensual, aromatic, aphrodisiac that the men seem to love. I say wear this one when you are in a playful seductive mood. ;-)
Not a scent for little girls!

jeffthebarbarian
jeffthebarbarian

I purchased this last week for $6, and I can't say I'm disappointed.
It lasts about 6 hours max on my skin.
The top notes are a kind of boozy patchouli incense, which are very interesting. It's one of those smells that I can't stop sniffing because it confuses my nose. I really like the top notes, and I wished they lasted longer, but very quickly (15 minutes at the max) it dries down to what it smells like for the remaining time it is on my skin. It becomes a boozy, kinda musky vanilla incense stick.
It reminds me of one of walking down the street in Gatlinburg, TN...where you have candied nuts, incense shops, and all sorts of smells mingling in the air.

I wish the longevity was a little longer, and that the top notes where the patchouli is lasted a bit longer as well. I also feel that the fragrance isn't as deep as it should be (like stick incense that has been in the box too long will smell a little hollow when burned)...but I still really like this smell.

Note that in warmer weather, this fragrance can be cloying. It causes me to sneeze if it's warm outside (or inside).

gpluciano
gpluciano

I saw the notes (Vanilla, Cognac, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Incense, Sandalwood)...saw the price ($8.99 for 1.7oz)...had to get it for my Lady...Love the lingering Vanilla on her...Perfect!

JadedMuse
JadedMuse

I LOVE this perfume...it's everything I want in terms of fragrance. I was very surprised to see people say this is long lasting...I'm lucky to get an hour from this one. Back to looking for something similar with longevity to it...I wish that Tom Ford Back To Black (that everyone says is a ringer for this one) wasn't in the Private Blend price range...ouch!

shariahshea
shariahshea

I really wanted to like this based on people saying it smelled similar to Angel by Theirry Mugler but the cognac scent in this was just off putting to me. Up for swap if anyone is interested.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Yum!! This is absolutely amazing! A great blind buy. I saw it at Ross for a good price so I thought, why not? I am not disappointed! It's sweet, boozy, and just overall scrumptious! I absolutely LOVE every single one of the base notes as well as cognac, so I had a feeling I would like it. But I don't just like it... I absolutely LOVE it!! What a great buy, seriously. Get your hands on a bottle. You will not be disappointed if you love those notes like I do. Longevity is not that great, but not horrible. Sillage is just right for me. This is a great way to ease into patchouli too!

Pinknika
Pinknika

Yes another blind buy. The worst kind of purchases. Well, I'm not sure if I got a bad bottle, that doesn't surprise me because I bought it from fragrancex. Anyway, this starts out very sweet, bright and fruity, citrusy but in a very sugary sweet and syrupy way. It's supposedly supposed to develop a very warm embrace with the sandalwood and patchouli, vanilla and Tonka bean but I don't get anything like that. And the cognac and tequila?? No where, although I don't want to specifically smell like those things, that would have been an interesting addition. To be honest, I have a bottle of sensual amber, the old version from bath and body works and it smells very similar, at least the opening. I don't get the creaminess or the cozy notes anyone is talking about, and I wore it for a good 8 hours, the dry down was pretty bad, very dryer sheet like, which was funny because I was trying to put my finger on "I smelled this before" scent, and as soon as I popped a dryer sheet when I put the clothes in the dryer, it clicked. Oh well. Too bad, it sounded like such an amazing fragrance.

Tracyarts
Tracyarts

I was wary of this fragrance, because of the patchouli note and comparisons to Angel. I wanted to like Angel, but it was a disaster with my body chemistry. The combination of patchouli and sweetness just did not play nicely on my skin.

However, I was able to find Queen at a price I couldn't pass up and decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did because while there are distinct similarities to Angel, they seem to be very superficial on me. Once I'm past the initial burst of patchouli mixed with sweetness, the other notes start to move to the forefront, and work quite well with my body chemistry. On me, the fragrance mellows down to something sweet, but not syrupy, with spice, wood, and incense notes as well as just a hint of patchouli remaining in the background. Once that fades, I'm left with a rich boozy vanilla note that lasts for hours.

b@by
b@by

This is simply epic. I haven't smelled Noir de Noir, but for me this quite similar to Black Orchid, minus the really weird undertones that make Tom Ford kinda complex and frightening. Coupled with the price and the sexy bottle, I am just really really happy with it. This has defo made it to my favs in just a few hours. It is also reminiscent of Angel.

This is BEAUTIFUL and I am so glad I bought it blindly. 10/10!!

CheyenneaRae
CheyenneaRae

This smell is wonderful it is warm/cozy spicy with a hint/touch of warm sweet vanilla. Very relaxing smell. You can smell the incense and Tonka bean and sandalwood in it. It is very warm smell. And last a long time on me around 3/5 hrs which is really good. It doesn't go on overpowering like most perfumes but it is noticeable, it goes on real warm sweet spicy, and the after smell is breath taking...I probably could say this is my favorite perfume right now :) It makes you feel confident...It is a relaxing, romantic scent...Very lovely.

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

Thank you Lookin4Happy for the generous sample :) I love this! On me its very sweet & balmy. Its a strong scent. I do see the comparisons between TM Angel though they're not identical. Its a very yummy scent! Vanilla is the strongest note I smell. I will definitely purchase this!

efmac
efmac

This is so beautiful, warm, cozy....a real 'feel good' fragrance for me. It is indeed quite sweet but in a more grownup way, beautiful caramel vanilla, not at all overpowering or sickly.This was a complete blind buy, and I have no regrets whatsoever. I love it, I really do.

It turned out to be too much for me, maybe because I am blond and blue eyes, I see brunettes with tan skins liking this. It is rich, deep, warm and sexy, lots of warm notes. I like the flanker better, it is smoother, and easier for me to wear. That one is heady, although well done, but it felt like it was wearing me more than me enjoying wearing it.
But for lovers of nice orientals, this is a great celebrity scent, if not a top 5.

1nov
1nov

It's a nice fragrance for home .. mmm .. I think you have to be older than 25 to like it .. I don't know why this perfume is soo cheap. it's a long lasting beautiful perfume.. better than some more expensive celebrity perfumes in my opinion .. I like it in cold weather.

ingalee
ingalee

This are a surprise, first I did not know how it smelled so i gamble! but I bought it anyway! first impression huh that it smelled of soap, but then put it on, and vanilla fragrance arrived, sweet but not too sweet, fits most nights,the bottle is so pretty and elegant, think how lucky you can be!

angeldoll
angeldoll

Amazing ! Hands down, Queen :) This is really exciting fragrance. It's very sexy and warm. It is also elegant. Vanilla-cognac aroma is simply divine ! Its sweet but not sticky sweet.. Very long lasting, which is very important to me. Guys will definitely enjoy it. And the red bottle is very chic ! :)

angeldust44
angeldust44

hi there does anyone have any samples of this perfume and her queen of hearts on also... i have blind bought in the past and wasted so much money.... i am eager to try but petrified to buy.... mixed reviews i love angel but hate britney spears perfumes...love coco... spicy sweet orientals i love...

KaelanLovesPerfume

I HAVE ONE FOR SWAP IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.

99% Full/Almost New 50 ML/1.7 OZ.

If you are interested, Personal Message me on here, with what you have.

Thanks!

Mooncatt

I agree that this is a very sugary, vanilla oriental. It's just scrumptious on me, giving the impression of cognac-soaked, warm, vanilla spice cake on me. It dries down to a very incense-like finish, and I couldn't be happier with it. Great sillage and longevity, due to the patchouli. I'm close enough to being an 'old lady' to see it from here, but I also intend never to smell like one.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I just got my bottle today and I AM IN LOVE!! Its longevity is amazing and it is a fantastic winter perfume as well. The drydown is fantastic too!!

b.a.denney

This is a wonderful fragrance. Perfect for fall and winter. I can really detect the vanilla in this one which I love. It is a sexy, enticing scent. The bottle too is heavy and lovely. No notes that I don't like or that stand out too much on their own. To me it does not smell like Angel. I'm not much of an Angel fan....to heavy and spicy for me. This doesn't seem to have lots of spice. Just a pretty, warm, mellow scent. Any age could probably wear this but might smell a bit mature for teens. It definitely is not "old lady" smell. I NEVER intend to smell like an old lady...even when I am one someday! Longevity is GOOD with this.

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is not a straight oriental, it's a definate vanilla oriental with a triple dose of sugar.
The bottom (after 6 hrs) is actually really good...slightly sweet with a boozy incense and every now and then a waft of clean patchouli catches your attention.

But the top?? Waaaaayyy too much sugar/cotton candy/corn syryp.
It needs less sweet and more liquor/citrus. I can't really detect either one of them at all...they are trampled to death by the stampede of sweetness.
I decided to brave through it today and was rewarded but I'm afraid my brain will turn to mush if I tried wearing this all the time.

The longevity and sillage are impressive so I think my small mini bottle will last a lifetime.

Cameopetals
Cameopetals

Queen by Queen Latifah was a tremendous suprise. It is strong, spicy and sweet. It was a great deal at $19...especially when the bottle was $40 by itself. I plan to wear it when the Fall/Winter season begins.

KaelanLovesPerfume

I remembered this fragrance from its 2009 release, and hadn't came across it since, not even at holiday sales. When it was first launched, i tested it, and i liked it. I remembered a Play-Doh/Oriental Vanilla type of scent, that i really enjoyed. Since i couldn't find it anywhere near me, i made it a point to be on lookout for it on my next online shopping exapade. Found it, bought it, re-tested it, and was stunned. The fragrance isn't anything like i remembered it to be; not even close. It is amazing what 3 years can do to your sense of smell, but i now get an annoying, old lady-like, drunken mistake type of scent. Youth Dew by Estee Lauder, is the worst fragrance i have ever expirienced, and this one os VERy reminiscent in the initial spritz. It's like a little sister to Youth Dew in the first 20 minutes of the scent. When it gets past headache inducing mode, it turns into a boozy, black Pepper and Pencil Shavings type of scent.After about an hour, the scent becomes bearable for me, when it transforms into a vanilla/woody scent. I am quite surprised at how badly the scent smells on me, but i am trying my best to bear with it, and see if it can grow on me. VERY mature, grown-up fragrance, that is a deffinate miss for the younger crowd. Lasting power is about 4 hours on me, with a decent amount of sillage. Of the notes listed, i get the Cognac(Tequila), Patchouli, Incense, Musk, and finnaly the Vanilla. I am quite surprised Black Pepper isn't listed as a note, because that is what screams at my nose the most. Not a terrible scent, but not a favorite either.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

I´m happy that I got my 100ml of this lovely scent. It´s warm, some sweet but not in candy-sticky way at all what is good. Perfect for autumn and winter. It became my favourite scent for those seasons and I will definetly buy it as long as it will be avaiable ( I hope it will never be disconitinued!!).In the beginning I smell something dry and a lilbit sweet so I suppose it´s tonka bean and vanilla, then vanilla is some stronger and comes a hint of cognac and those three aromats are ruling all the time and I love it!. Great perfume in a really nice bottle, perfect quality for a low price. Lasts all day on my skin. My #1!!

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

This is a very rich perfume. not for the rich but the scent carries a lot of stuff. I've only sprayed it twice at night at home but I will definitely use it to go out once the weather turns a little bit cooler. This opens up a like a sweet vanilla liquor, somewhat like a rum cake. But the vanilla is so heady (maybe i oversprayed) that its has to be applied with a light hand otherwise you might get dizzy/nauseated. Creamy not so smoky and i think it definitely stands out as a sophisticated sweet scent in my celebrity wardrobe. The silage is wonderful, I was going back to the bathroom but the hallway smells of it. Longevity outstanding for the entire week, my pyjamas in the bin still making the bathroom smell good.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I blind bought Queen from all the great reviews on here. I'm very glad I did. It smells very unique in the world of celebrity scents.

The first spray I was a bit overwhelmed, it is very strong and had a slight sharp note to it. This initial scent reminded a little on a milder Angel and I dislike Angel. It quickly softened to a very interesting incense/vanilla/patchouli/tonka bean and spicy scent. Queen is a beautiful winter perfume. It is very warm, comforting and slightly sweet. I don't think this is as sweet as some reviews have said, the spiciness balances it out. I find this definitely feminine, I cannot imagine a man wearing this. The lasting power is good, about 7-8 hours and I could still smell it!

Overall, the initial spray was strong and overwhelming but once it settled, it turned into a beautiful, sensual and feminine fragrance perfect for cold weather. I think all ages could wear this.You could wear this to a restaurant, to work, on a date etc and no one could find this offensive. Highly recommended!

UPDATE: I wore this into work and a male colleague said "Wow....what is that beautiful smell? It smells sweet and exotic!"
Queen is definitely one of my favourites.

Mooncatt

Vanilla, brandy and tonka very prominent , sweet and warm, like brandy-soaked cake, but not cloying. Orientals work very well with my skin.

LaPetite
LaPetite

First thanks to Scorpiosheep for the sample swapp .

This scent is such a surprise for me !!!! Before trying it, i couldn't resist looking at the notes , i thought i might like it , but i was sceptic . I'm always sceptic towards celebs scent , because they're rarely daring , most of the time boring and just " OK ", to please the most poeple as possible . Moreover i really don't know about Queen Latifah , i only discovered her at Michael Jackson's funerals ( you can booo me -_____-) .

BUT this scent is just a wow maker . It is sweet ( Vanilla + Tonka bean ), but not girly at all ! I guess because of the brandy note , which is weird at the begining , but once you get used to it is really not so bad .

It is a comforting scent , very warm ( patchouli , incense , sandalwood )like a hug ,it's a smile maker , the kind of scent you want to wear when it's cold outside and don't want to leave your bed .

Really impressed !

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

To me this is a mix between Angel and Womanity by Thierry Mugler. I absolutely love it.

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

On my skin the only thing that Angel and Queen have in common is patchouli. It then dries down to a vanilla cognac scent with no patchouli scent detectable. I enjoy this scent though and enjoyed the money I spent for it. It doesn't have lasting power however. :(

Rice-Kitten
Rice-Kitten

I really REALLY wanted to love this perfume but there's 1 note that's just spoiling it for me entirely and that's either the patchouli or the cognac. On me, this actually smells like URINE! It's not fair as the other notes smell absolutely beautiful. I guess if your chemistry gets past that rancid note then this is a wonderful, sweet and elegant perfume that would suit a confident and sassy woman.

I can definitely see where everyone is getting the Angel similarities from though - as this drys down more, the urine note seems to gradually fade (still there though... urgh) and something that can only be described as Diet Angel and Britney Spears Fantasy comes into light.

Sigh. DAMN YOU BODY CHEMISTRY! I will probably regrettably end up selling this on Ebay :(

EDIT: Now that I think of it, it could be the patchouli that's giving off the urine? I'm not sure. Any feedback would be helpful.

lila_says
lila_says

Purchased as a blind buy thanks to the reviews on this site. What a fantastic perfume for such a low price! The bottle however is even MORE hideous in person. Oh well, it's what's inside that counts.

byerscashmere

I just received samples of this perfume today and I have to say it is a Sensual smelling perfume. I smell the notes of Cognac & Incense and vanilla very sweet alluring scent and it stays on all day. beautiful fragrance!
update......have this fragrance now and love it.

Bettany87
Bettany87

The scent that lingers on the skin with this fragrance is just fabulous! Longevity is impressive.

First spray was strong and I get the patchouli and the very warm cognac right away. I can already sense something sweet but as it dried down, the scent became softer and the creamy vanilla shows itself more. I like that the vanilla's sweetness has been toned down by the sensuous musk and hints of incense ... making this fragrance oozing with warmth and sensuality.

Passionate and regal ... QUEEN successfully embodies these qualities of a woman.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

This is an ok scent. For a vanilla, I think it falls a bit flat. There are so many vanillas on the market that are better, of all price ranges.

I will say I do like the fact that it has a boozy quality, it's more like a cheap booze, than a scrumptous yummy, theirry mugler or serge lutens kind of boozy. I also like that it's not super sweet (still sweet though)

But I am far from impressed with this, and could easily name ten vanillas that are much better.

Double Vanille, Compitor Sud (many vanills), Dior Addict, Angelique Noir, Pink Sugar, Poison Hypnotic. Armani Senses,Hell even Queen Latifa's 'Queen of Hearts', Molinard, Hanae Mori.. Bois Vanil., yves Vanilla Noir, Angel, Lolita Lempicka, New Haarlem and the list goes on. So yes, Sorry to those whom love this fragrance, it's a definent pass for me.

windhill
windhill

After read some reviews here i bought it blind and really glad i did it. This is not a typical celebrity fragrances. Queen is sensual and strong fragrance. It smell rich,sweet,creamy and very seductive. Unisex, men can easily wear it. Sillage and lasting power quite strong. Most suitable for night time and special occasion. But can pull off on day time too. Use with a light hand.

I think Queen should be in oriental vanilla group due to it's very sweet, creamy oriental fragrance(and some bitter undertone). I really love it but this can be too sweet for some people. Try before you buy.

PlunketNurse

Long review short, Pure Malt for women.

SandraV
SandraV

I'll have to write a longer review later but I agree with what has already been said about this scent:warm,yummy(but not super sweet)and addictive.LOVE!

aqua76239
aqua76239

I spotted this at TJ Maxx recently for less than $17(3.3 oz) and couldn’t resist and I am officially in love. I am not a huge fan of scents with patchouli but here is not overwhelming and just gives it nice “deep” feeling. It has all my favorite notes-jasmine, tonka bean, vanilla with a boozy note. Essentially, you get very rich boozy gourmand vanilla scent with patchouli. This is what I wish Angel smelled like. And yes, I do get that resemblance-I actually have a sample of Angel body cream which middle and bottom notes smell very similar to Queen, it can easily be layered together if you wish. Queen is easier to wear and less unique that Angel. While back I also owned a small bottle of Pleasures Delight-Queen is Pleasures Delight older, richer sister. If you have one, you probably don’t need the other. I love Queen though-it smells amazing-rich, sophisticated(but not “old”)and sexy. It lasts on my perfume eating skin for at least half a day(1-2 sprays) which is no small feat and siliage on this is great. If you like orientals and gourmands, you won’t be disappointed with Queen

cinsot
cinsot

I have accrued approximately one dozen "Gosh/gee-whiz/wow you smell nice/lovely/good" compliments since acquiring Queen only recently. People really respond to this aroma with an amusing enthusiasm!

It does smell enticing: sweet golden liqueur with a beautifully balanced rosy-patchouli-tonka-vanilla-woody-incense theme my skin chemistry seems to adore.

Applied liberally works best as the formulation is rather meek. Self basting required for longevity unfortunately.

I love how Queen makes me feel when I wear it: debonair and revered!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is a great perfume for a young girl starting out experimenting with the orientals. It isn't my kind of perfume, at age 58, but IMO it's several steps up from the usual junky celebrity perfumes. Extremely sweet and candy-like though, with only a touch of the notes which classify it is an "oriental". Worth a try if you are under 18.

Can't see any resemblance to Angel except that it may appeal to this age group.

Thanks to Yamba1 for the sample.

Dollycat
Dollycat

I love this! It´s indeed very, very, very sweet but it´s warm and cosy at the same time. If you love sweet fragrances than you must purchase this for your collection. It stays on my skin for about 8-9 hours and i feel very happy when i wear it can´t stop sniffing my clothes and hair.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Booze, creamy vanilla and candy, or creamy sweet alcoholic beverage. I wonder which one cause I'm craving it now. Yummy alchie gourmand. I smell chocolate soon after too, yup there's Angel resemblance I must agree. However I like QL's version better. More caramels and candy in this one. This perfume has enough strength and at the same time it's feminine too. It perfectly describes Queen Latifa's style and personality:) Fun choice for night out.

I spent most of the day pondering over how I was going to approach this review. Oddly enough I find myself liking Queen and then feeling compelled to scrub it off. I think it's possibly the rather confusing composition that has me reacting this way.

Queen by Queen Latifah starts off wonderfully, with a rich, syrupy cognac and vanilla blend and the subtlest hint of citrus. The initial blast is very gourmand in nature and indeed very strong. It's got quite a bite to it, like an aggressive gourmand, borderline unisex.

However once this fragrance settles it begins to soften rapidly, fading very quickly into a rather nonchalant powdery vanilla, not unlike Britney Spears Fantasy's drydown.

I'm left feeling a little dismayed at having said goodbye prematurely to all that booziness and wild, uninhibited fun. Gone are the bold qualities, leaving behind a soft, vanilla oriental blend, seriously lacking in depth and complexity.

I know that Queen is rather popular, and I can see why, however I can't say that I find it particularly striking. Wearable yes, but nothing I would buy a full bottle of. I was actually quite shocked by how intimate the sillage becomes in the heart and drydown. I guess I expected something much richer and fuller than this.

The drydown was pleasant I must admit, with soft vanilla, tonka bean, inoffensive patchouli and exotic incense. It smelt glorious on my skin despite the poor longevity.

Queen hasn't been released in Australia as of yet, and I often wonder why. I bought a sample out of curiosity, but now, as much as I hate to say it, I wish I saved my money.

Mizz-Coco
Mizz-Coco

OMG, I LOVE THIS!!! I was somewhat skeptical because of it being a celebrity perfume and the tacky bottle design also gave me a bad impression but boy oh boy was I wrong about the juice. This is a well composed oriental/Gourmand scent. Everything about this was creamy, delicious, and sensual from opening to drydown. On my skin it has a wonderful amber/vanilla quality with the cognac helping to make it richer in the background. I gotta say citrus isn't a big player in this because on my skin, I don't really detect much of it. I also get some patchouli with the incense and a faint coconut note which is odd because coconut isn't listed to be in this fragrance. The longevity is great, I get about 8 hrs from this and I would say the sillage is above average. Beware it's very easy for this one to get cloying so use sparingly. Overall, I think it's a gorgeous, sexy scent not for the weak at heart.

nikitajade
nikitajade

First, let me say that I love this scent. Warm, well-developed, cozy. It's like my favorite blanket. But the bottle is hideous.

taboo2287
taboo2287

after i've read the reviews on this fragrance i decided to give it a try, it smells sweet yet sour and it smells expensive unlike those celebrity perfumes.. it has allot of similarity to Thierry mugler Angel but less sweet and less of a headache giver! good job queen Latifah but the bottle looks nicer in the pic, in reality it looks really cheap :(

I.I
I.I

I so much agree with the previous review. It's VERY sweet but, for me at least, tonka bean saves it all.
It gives the whole composition a 'dusty' and 'smokey' twist that reminds me of a retro/ cabaret atmosphere.
Yes, it's sexy and alluring and suitable for all ages (not very mature women). :)
Cognac? Hmmm...this is why I bought it but it isn't distinguishable.
This fragrance is mostly vanilla, tonka bean and a little patchouli, IMHO. Nice (and sexy) but may be suffocating for some people.

honeyspice
honeyspice

Against my better judgement I blindly purchased this fragrance because I loved Latifah's 'Queen of Hearts' flanker so much. Queen was just too sweet-almost sickly sweet.I should have known better because with the exception of the original Lolita Lempicka perfume, gourmands don't do it for me. Queen of Hearts was so beautiful to my nose but with Queen, all I got was sickly sweet vanilla. If you're into Flowerbomb, Paco Rabanne Black XS or Angel perfumes you'll probably like this, otherwise I suggest you stay clear of this one. Hopefully my little sister will appreciate it as the thought of having to use it up is actually quite daunting.

lara804
lara804

Besides Shalimar, this is the best fragrance I have ever worn. It is way to good to be this inexpensive.

Jomoves
Jomoves

If you are like me, then you are partial to all those super strong oriental fragrances like Opium, Shalimar, Knowing, Aromatics Elixir and practically anything by Tom Ford. And if you are also like me, you find them difficult to wear to work on a daily basis. It can get very hot here in Australia in summer and I find the heat can transform these type of fragrances into the worst version of themselves.

But don't despair - Queen Latifah to the rescue! This fragrance has all those strong elements blended down into a very wearable scent that stays close to the skin. It's like everyone else has said, a mix of patchouli, creamy liquor and a little bit of incense. On me it fades after about 4 hours but that's fine, because by that time the summer heat is revving up and I can only just smell it. This could easily be worn by a man. As for the bottle, people have bashed it for looking a bit valentine-ish, but I particularly like how the heart is embossed at the front and debossed at the back. It's also slightly masculine but in a sexy/saucy way - a bit like Queen Latifah herself!

EDIT- I think I must love this perfume more than I thought! This morning I was running late for work, and as I was fumbling out the door I caught a wiff of this fragrance. I liked it so much I quickly ran back upstairs and gave myself another spray! I missed the bus but hey, sometimes a gals gotta do what a gals gotta do!

perfumaholic22
perfumaholic22

Wow! What a great blind buy!

I got an INSANELY good deal at Ross on Queen! I have to say, Queen is probably one of my favorite night time/special occasion scents.

Queen opens up with a strong spicy scent, bringing to mind sandalwood and incense, or maybe it is just the cognac. Queen gradually fades into a vanilla and amber scent that still retains the strong opening note in the background.

Queen has pretty good lasting power, especially for a celeb scent. I really don't get any of the floral or fruity notes except for a bit of orange in the opening.

Overall, Queen is a great, sophisticated scent that is great for fall and winter or special occasions. The bottle is unique and very beautiful, and the scent is just heavenly. I would definitely recommend this scent to women in their late teens and up.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Oh how i love this wonderful perfume
Like a warm blanket infront off the Fire whit your beloved . Relaxed and just enjoying the moment..
This is how this perfume makes me feal like .
I love the bozzy cognac mixing so well whit vanilla, patcholie and tonka been . I love it The flower lingers just to make the whole perfume goes so well on the skin , Not to sweet , not to much , just delicios ..This does not remind me off Angel at all . this has a much more creamy feal to it ,cleaner
this makes me feal like a queen ..
This last a very long time on the skin aswell .. And the bottle itself is also very cute

Oh and i must say this has nothing to do whit the other Queen Latifah.This is all about the vanilla boozy part , the other one is about cinnamon and incense.

Nanc
Nanc

I hesitated to purchase this for so long, but after reading the reviews I went ahead and got it. And let me tell you I could kick myself for not getting it sooner. The vanilla, Cognac mixed with the tonka bean and incense is quite intoxicating, Love it!

micklynl
micklynl

This reminds me a lot of Britney Spear's Fantasy (which I love.) Queen is a little deeper and slightly spicier, I really think it is fantastic. In the dry down I get glimpses of Pink Sugar now and then (which I don't really like but it seems to work here.) When my bottle of Fantasy is finished, this is what I'll be getting. Delicious.

SS79
SS79

WOW! I just recieved my bottle in the mail, and what can I say?! I'm LOVIN' IT !!!!! omg I can't stop sniffing my wrist!.. warm, cozy, spiciness..
On the dry down.. and on me it turns into a mellow version of TM Angel! which is my sig frag which I am actually out of..
I can't get over HOW MUCH I love this scent!!! Deffinatly gonna check out her other frag now!..
Great Job QL !!!!!

halloween27
halloween27

For me this is like a boozier, creamier Prada by Prada. This is VERY long lasting and only goes away on my skin when I shower. It clings to clothes well too. It's cheap, smells expensive, and lasts forever.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

BAM!-Patchouli. Its strong in this mix, and I love it!
BAM!-Booze. Some liquors dont smell. Some liquors smell bad. This liquor smells divine!
Patchouli, liquor, and vanilla, and KNOCK ME OUT delicious sexiness!
Yep, that pretty much sums it up!

Senzadite

Closer to Wish than it is to Angel,great fragrance i like it but the projection and longevity are not like those on Angel; patchouli is very smooth on this one, what i get most is a vanilla/caramel note and some cinammon honestly i don´t find any cognac note and i think they only mention that for the sake of it...unisex it is as i expected but strong it isnt. i found out that Avon has a sugar plum & vanilla combo in their Naturals line that makes this last longer.

skitten
skitten

All Hail Queen Latifah...
Strong woman of conviction and perfume to boot. A lovely scent , so much so I have bought an extra bottle to make sure sure I not run out, now that I can afford it, the price has dropped markedly.
Oriental love potion, not too strong not too weak, but just right, boil an trouble, an bubble delight....
I work with people with disabilities, varied too extremes, and still within their capabilities I get positive feedback, communication and compliments by wearing this fume. I know for a fact they tell me if I smell not to their liking .....lol....So I choose carefully what I wear (scent) within my working environment..
QL..you rock...x

Queen Latifah is certainly not helping the nation's diabetes epidemic with the launch of QUEEN. After a briefly enticing opening featuring a variety of alleged notes, including tequila, none of which seems clearly identifiable to me--I mean, aside from vanilla and patchouli, of course--QUEEN draws the wearer into a vortex similar to the one which I imagine is produced by an industrial-sized mixer in which vanilla cream frosting is churning at the Duncan Hines factory. The promising opening is thus abruptly terminated as none of the potentially interesting notes unfurl or develop in any way, suffocated as they are in the thick vanilla-sugar-Crisco paste. The sole survivor from the opening, perhaps predictably, is patchouli.

It's probably not a coincidence that I recalled two movie scenes while wearing this perfume yesterday. First was the scene from Hitchcock's Vertigo (1958) where the Kim Novak character plummets to her death after climbing to the top of the stairs in the bell tower. Second was the scene from Luis Buñuel's Las Hurdes: Tierra Sin Pan (1933), where the goat hurtles down the craggy mountainside, also to its death.

The veritable wall of voluminous frosting lasts for quite some time, making QUEEN a dubious choice for public settings. On the other hand, it's also a dubious choice at home, devoid as it is of either complexity or depth. This fragrance might work as is for full-fledged vanilla fanatics, but it seems rather flat and blunt to me. Since the occasions on which I wish to smell literally like Duncan Hines vanilla cream frosting are few and far between, I might try to mix this perfume with a dry incense or perhaps a rose soliflore composition to cut the sweetness somewhat. When all is said and sniffed, I regard QUEEN more as a super-sweet oriental vanilla base than as a complete perfume.

SensualistGeek
SensualistGeek

Big tears. A blind-buy I've wanted to make for months and when I finally did... it turned out to be a completely nauseating affair on my skin.

Now, Queen is VERY well done. It would do so well for any number of big houses out there. After the initial medicinal/hazelnut blast, Queen bears a striking resemblance to Tom Ford's Black Orchid - that same 'cucumber' note is present. This lasts for about an hour before turning sweeter than I ever thought possible. Vanilla tooth-ache. Patchouli syrup. With a very annoying and synthetic base.

A definite 'try before you buy', but not bad at all.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

That little musk photo makes me sad.

I have an imitation oil of this most lovely Queen perfume. I have never smelled the original perfume,but the one I have is truly gorgeous.

It is warm,sweet,soft,and I wish it did not float away so fast. The patchouli is present right away,very oily green and intriguing. My nose senses perfume harmony between the patchouli, creamy vanilla,and the spicy treasure tonka bean. I smell rum or brandy too,makes my mouth water.

Every now and then,I get sweet whispers of inky roses,and rich jasmine,and I love it.

The musk in mine is vegan (not real animal musk) and I am willing to bet that Parlux puts vegan musk in theirs as well.

When we are laying our noses upon a new perfume with powerful patchouli and strong sweetness,we might feel echoes of Angel. it is human nature to want a connection between what we are learning new,and our history we once had. I feel tinges of Angel here too,but I do think this perfume is very unique. It does not have the pound of patchouli thunder that Angel delivers. At least not to me.

It is more gentle than Angel,and more intimate. It makes me remember gingerbread cookies for some reason,an association I never had with Angel.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I'm definently a fan of this perfume, I do pick up the cinnamon and cognac, vanilla, incence, musk, amber, but on my skin it's a little too soft, well, it's perfect for the office, it's a sensual perfume that is not loud or persumptive, for night though I'd need something a bit more intense. But again, i do still really enjoy this perfume, it's yummy but in a classy way and very well blended, if I had three hands, I'd give it three thumbs up, lol

oh wow I just layered this with Bath and Body Works (limited edition) Cinnamon Vanilla lotion! and wooooah, this is now dangerously yummy, it just prety much adds (to the perfume) more cinnamon and makues the vanilla even more decdant! fabulous, which reminds me of another selling point for queen, instead of her gift packs including shower gel and lotion, her's include a body butter and a lotion, which i love, b'cuz I'm not sure about everyone else but I rarely ever use the shower gels but always the lotion! Thank you Queen...for that :D

And the bottle at first, I thought it looked cheap and relaly didn't like it, but in person the bottle is actually prety cute, it has a sort of nostalgic feeling and the textured red glass with the heart, is uplifting to the soul, and kind of fun, I now like the bottle alot! The clear is also quite charming

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I'm disappointed. This has hardly any scent. I can smell it at first and I love it. But within minutes, its gone!?! Makes me wonder if someone dumped out half the bottle and replaced it with water.

If this smelled all day like what I get in the first moments of spraying, I'd love it!

I am a big Tauer 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain fan, as well as a Kalimantan fan. SO maybe I'm used to the more bold and in your face orientals. But the notes were so promising, and the comments so endearing (mostly) of the frag, that I blind bought a bottle and two lotion set.

Even laying the lotion on thick does little to amp it up.

I'll wear it cuz I like it and will assume others can detect it on me. But I won't buy it again because I buy perfume for ME, not YOU all!

Edit: Sprayed it ALL over me before crawling into bed... in that warm cocoon I was able to enjoy it. And was actually able to smell it on myself the next morning before showering...

PlunketNurse

No i did not get the amazing sillage or longevity as raved on by reviews, sillage though was perfect for me, decently close and longevity was average on my chemistry.

The scent started with the burst of fresh patchouli, not musty, but fresh. As with most patchoulis there is a touch of citrus not for it s acidic attributes but for the juiciness to round it off.
Then comes the delightful blend of incense and vanilla somewhat reminding of tom ford's tobacco vanille.

The fragrance sweetens considerably over the next hour bringing in a delightful boozy sweet dark natural vanilla bean accord that excels over its other celeb predecessor.The drydown reminded me of that vanilla ice-cream accord in iceberg the fragrance, which had a certain spiciness created by the peppercorn and cedar. There is a hint of cacao powder ever so lightly drifting around the whole composition, making it so addictive.

I do love this scent, so much so i might actually try to wear it for summer nights as well!it has a certain comfy character yet it could easily be a lbd dress fragrance as well. Actually i would probably rate this a tad wee higher than Dior Addict.

Edit.. longevity is great ! 12hrs or so with 4 spritzes.

Annica

At first my nose experienced the smell as a mixture of
Rihanna Reb´l Fleur and one of Britney's Fantasies and I thought "what is so special about Queen"? It was just to sit down and wait. Honestly, I felt disappointed. I expected so much more. BUT ... oh, now things started happening. The sticky and gourmand sweet toned down, and after about 45 minutes I felt that now the real queen showed her face. My olfactory trip with this fragrance can be summarized as follows: At first: "Pleasant" , then "Oh- Not- Another-Celeb-frag-I-want-something-different", and finally: "Fantastic"!. Now I know what some people has been talking about here. Very oriental, delicious. Certainly not an ordinary celeb-frag. Beautiful. And longlasting...

Update 29.03.2012
To my sadness I am a bit tired of Queen and think it´s almost cloying. Maybe it´s the season. Or am I gravitating towards less sweet fragrances? That is something to think about.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

sultry, boozy. masculine,
woman in drag a la greta garbo!
patchouli, booze, and tonka...
a night time, winter perfume

anneymn
anneymn

Sweet, creamy-spiciness, boozy, unique, and bold. I like the vanilla and incense, but I can't stand patchouli.. and the patchouli is VERY present in this perfume.

A sweet, patchouli, incense, vanilla, perfume. I must say that patchouli usually smells masculine to me but this perfume is not masculine at all.

Not for me, no way(bought it blind, so I do own it reguardless). I love gourmand, and fruity the most.. but it becomes unedible smelling to me if it has patchouli.

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

Just bought the bottle blind and its amazing, no regrets! Its a deep gourmand, reminds me a LOT of angel by thierry mugler, but a little more towards the vanilla end of the spectrum and a bit warmer. I would recommend to anyone, but especially to those who are fans of angel

@ Men In Love

Thank you very much...i was hesitating because i have Black Orchid and Black Orchid voile de fleur and the second one is not as masculine as the first. thank you again for answering.

darcy2
darcy2

Ooh, I have got to test this on myself! I work in a doctor's office, (no perfumes allowed) and a patient came in today and she smelled divine. I hesitated to ask her what she was wearing, 'cause I knew her first reaction would be "oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to wear fragrance-" but I really had to know what that lovely, yummy fragrance was and asked her. She said it was this fragrance, Queen. I don't know how long she had been wearing it, but I could literally smell it wafting out of the door when someone went in to the room she was waiting in. But it was an aroma I would follow, not be repelled by. This is one I would have chased her down the street to get the name of. I hope it smells half as good on me as it did on her!

Senzadite

Do you think a man can use this?

diddyscafe
diddyscafe

I love Queen Latifah so I had to buy this perfume. Oh wow...!!! Queen got taste! Most celebrity fragrances smell so synthetic and dare I say... cheap! But hers smells so classy... I love vanilla notes and this one got the right blend. Great fragrance, great personality.

bbdgirl
bbdgirl

Queen is definitely the right name. This opened with spicy oriental notes. It immediately reminded me of Opium, Shalimar and Chanel No 5. It is elelgant, smooth warm and deeply sensual. This is a mature scent, not for teenyboppers. I can't wait for the cooler months to break this out. This is exactly not the scent that I was looking for today, but I love this. I agree that the drydown is sweet caramelly but there is definitely vanilla and musk which I do love. Did I mention how long this scent lasts. This is not your average celebrity scent. This is not a new scent but it is quite lovely. Score for one for the Queen.

Whit
Whit

I really dig this scent. I have the lotion which is true to the actual fragrance. I can smell the cognac in the notes, but the dry down is a sexy vanilla. Definitely a winter time frag; it's too heavy for the warm months. The lasting power for the lotion is pretty impressive too. I wore it to work one day and had patients and staff alike compliment me. No one said it was strong or overpowering; just that it smelled nice and everyone wanted to know what it was and where they could get it. Lol It's different from other frags I have and that's what I like about it. :)

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

sweet scent with Patchouli ,Nice for who like sweet scents but not a Candy style ,it is Oriental floral type ,i think it is for bold women .

jae21583
jae21583

Celebrity fragrances are usually a huge dissapointment.I had an interest in this one because of the liquor notes in it.I bought it and tried it and have to say its great.I recommend this if you tend to like heavier evening fragrances or classics.It starts as a fairly strong,tart odor where you can smell the cognac but not offensive,then it gradually becomes this sensual,soft lasting smell.Its such a unique and alluring fragrance to me and is soo diffrent from what is out there.Give it a try and see how it sits with your skin.The bottle is also great!Very feminine and makes me think it would be the perfume the queen of hearts would wear.

isabella211
isabella211

here's the truth about this fragrance. i FOUGHT buying this with every being in my body. it was like a dirty affair. i knew it was good, but i knew it was wrong. i finally caved and purchased. i really hate when i like a celeb fragrance, but at the end of the day, if its good, well, it's good and my perfume etiquette gives in to my ever demanding senses.

this perfume is actually done exceptionally well. it is sexy and complex. the silage and staying power is insane for a commercial brand. quite honestly, it smells expensive...like private Chanel collection expensive. there. i said it. so, after all this praise, here's the consensus...this is rich and very ambery, very beautiful and mysterious...and after about an hour, makes me nauseous :(

i would absolutely love and adore this fragrance if it didn't make me sick.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Received this as a birthday gift and was skeptical at first.. Because it came on supper strong and peppery.. I then thought I'd give it to my mother. But I went back one day and sprayed it. Let it dry down and it was pure heaven. It's a spicy, oriental with warm vanilla, sandalwood notes. I can not stop getting compliments. This is my new siganture scent, The staying power is amazing well over 10 hours. So this is hands down my favorite celebrity scent. It's sexy, sophisticated and mysterious. I am in love with this fragrance.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I like this fragrance. I think is sexy and alluring. Lots of vanilla and spices but not overpowering. It's a comfort scent that can be worn day or night. I will not be adding this to my collection since I have warm vanilla sugar from BBW and they smell similar to me.

olga1780

Thank you APassionateJourney for letting me try it!

I would say if you like gourmand sweet scents, go for it, but keep in mind it is VERY SWEET.
To me it is a definitely VERY COLD weather perfume.
Very sweet but the cognac note saves it from being one of those generic cotton candy scents. To be honest I like it more than some of the sweet orientals in my collection. It doesn't reach the height of a special occasion perfume (I don't find it sophisticated at all), but it's a delicious casual winter perfume. Plus you can't beat the price.
The longevity is very good, but I don't see any complexity or change from beginning to end.
I will definitely consider getting a bottle for the next winter to wear every now and then.
I do believe if worn in proper time and place and in reasonable amout, it can get you quite a few compliments.

I tried to like this but I couldn't. The toffee is a strong note in this one and gourmand lovers will like this scent. For me it wasn't the right thing. After a while it simply got on my nerves.

treenhe
treenhe

thanks to adrienn for a great swap experience. sadly not a successful one as queen and i are not friends! my word this is heavy; syrupy even. i am no fan of patchouli and this tests that to the limit. it is so full of thick muskiness that it made my head swim. all i got from the very first was patchouli and sandalwood. and when i read the notes saying there was incense and musk in there i was not surprised. i sprayed the smallest amount i could and even after washing it off 3 times and spraying something else over it, i can still smell it! to my inexperienced nose, it needs something sharp or citrusy or even sweet to balance it out. it is so full of muddy base notes that it has no lightness at all. to my mind, you need one to appreciate the other. it's great that as a celeb fragrance it's different but to me, that's it's only plus point.

olga1780

Judging by the reviews this might be the first celebrity perfume in my collection. I am especially intrigued by the liquor note and it's longevity. My hand is just itching to hit the BUY button on Ebay. LOL

I was just rescued by one of the wonderful members offering me a sample!

New@thisperfumething
New@thisperfumething

I absolutely love this!!! I didn't think orgasms were possible through the olfactory senses. I am getting a bigger bottle of this asap! The incense, sandalwood patchouli, musk, cognac- everything is perfect. If you are a fan of deep sultry fragrances you will love this stuff. This maybe my signature scent.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

It's bold and brassy - like Queen Latifah herself.

Anup
Anup

This Parfum is simply delightful.
I can't help but smile when i smell it. I'll agree with some other users on here, it can be a bit overwhelming at first. But you must keep in mind this is a PARFUM, and is much more concentrated than the average everyday run of the mill eau de toilette. Two sprays of this baby, and you'll smell as if you've bathed in it.

Other than the initial overpowering blast of fragrance this dries down to be a very sweet, woody patchouli based vanilla scent.

Also note how the cognac note puts a very unexpected spin on the whole thing!

I Approve

Smell: 9
Longevity: 8 (fades somewhat with wear)
Sillage: 10

adrienn99
adrienn99

Really ridiculous price for such a perfume.

First of all, i am a big hater of Angel. It makes me gag and throw up... I am not a great fan of patchouli either.

Wondering about the comparisons made below. Patchouli is the only thing I found in common for these two. However, this one is still tolerable to me.

I did not get much of the boozy, only a whiff of flowers, on me it was merely little sweetened, powdered patchouli with a little plummy upbeat. Could have been what others characterise as cognac?

Overall, this is a rich scent, will last 12 hours+, has got sillage and the price is ridiculous. What else would a girl want?

krissycat
krissycat

Wow... longevity of a perfume weighs a lot with me when reviewing a perfume. I sprayed one spritz on my hand over 12 hours ago... my hand still smells just as strong... what is this perfume made out of? LOL. In addition to this the perfume smells awesome. Started out at first blast a teensy bit too strong like Angel smells like upon first spray, where you are overwhelmed and not sure if you hate the smell or not. But with Angel at least for me I never start to like the scent. With QUeen, almost 15 minutes after I spray it I begun to really fall in love with the scent. And the drydown literally is lasting forever so this scent gets an A Plus from me. Very sexy, and highly recommended

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

This scent is so interesting to me! It really transforms on the skin. It's a bit boozy in the beginning but after a couple minutes EACH NOTE starts to unravel. After a few hours I'm left with mostly a rich/woody/sweet vanilla! I love it! It's long lasting and good for the fall/winter.

My boyfriend TOO said this one was "very vanilla".

goingblonde
goingblonde

This is very boozy indeed , in a good way.

I agree it is a bit heavy for daytime but still a wonderful scent ,
and some may like it for daytime it just depends on personal preference.

To me the Patchouli stands out the most .

I like it but have to wear it very sparingly as it will give me a headache if not careful.

I think the bottle is sooooo pretty :)

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Oh my, this is a beauty! It opens up very sweet and boozy (love that cognac note!). It later develops into something deep and sultry while still maintaining that sweetness. This may be a bit heavy during the daytime or summer but it's a perfect sexy perfume for winter nights. Love this. :D

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

Most celebs end up with perfume that does not last, and smell horrible.... not the Queen. This is a sweet scent that fades to a spicy vanilla on me. I wear this one quite often. Way to go Queen!

Malibu
Malibu

The first question people may have is what is sparking golden accords and what does it smell like? The perfumers explain it as aged tequila, whilst my nose tell it it's thick,warm and syrupy - like burnt sugar. There's nothing alcoholic here and the note is light enough to separate the softly fresher and sharp bergamot and mandarin. I'm not an expert on alcoholic beverages but I'm going to guess that the perfumers actually used the agave plant as a scent note as opposed to it's fermented result of tequila and I'm going to put the citrussy undertone solely down to the bergamot and mandarin.

Whilst the top note isn't alcoholic, the cognac [brandy] develops with five minutes on me and that does supply a boozey hit. Like the tequila it's also sweet, warm and fruity, but there is a noticeable difference; It just seems 'warmer' and the fruity undertone isn't fresh like the topnotes, it instead reminds me of some form of berry - or maybe plum - with just a hint of nut. Sorry I can't explain it very well, I'm rubbish when it comes to drinks. The cognac covers the other fruit notes and overwhelms the jasmine too; I can pick it out, but it's faint and doesn't last long.

My favourite phase to QUEEN has to be the base - the incense seems to be cinnamon and cedar. This combines in a cocooning warmth with the vanilla, tonka and the remaining cognac. The result is very comforting and relaxing. In fact I like to wear this perfume to bed, with gorgeous polar bear (or penguin. Or scotty dog) pj's...

The staying power is really good, I was honestly surprised since QUEEN is a Parlux release; I can still smell it after a working day, so you get around eight hours wear [no 'touch ups' needed].

I wouldn't wear QUEEN in warm weather as the creamy, alcoholic sweetness can be cloying; I've made the mistake of wearing it on sunny days, and have been left with banging migraines as a result. I'd say this is definitely a fragrance for autumn/winter.

QUEEN is a nice, playful casual wear fragrance and is also strong enough to wear as an evening fragrance. I'd also wear it to work in an office as it's not loud enough to bother my colleagues, but depending on your profession it may not be suitable; If you're working in very close contact with others then I'd suggest wearing something else.

gazelle
gazelle

Just brought home my bottle of Queen after I read "man magnet" to my husband. The first spray was the ONLY spray. I was met with an explosion of aged tequila, all right. My husband smelled dark chocolate. I'm starting to recognize a few notes here and there. It has settled into softness and is becoming subdued but nevertheless, delicious to sniff. I've purchased this fragrance after having read your most enthusiastic reviews. Husband says," Wear PLENTY of it." Here goes...

Sillykelly
Sillykelly

I was on the fence on this one, but tried it a few nights I went out and all I have to say is two words: MAN MAGNET. :)

arg1971
arg1971

This perfume smells sooooooo good. I have the perfume oil and it smells just like the perfume and paid a lot less

frankie22
frankie22

Queen is my comfort scent when this world just seems cold and rough.I have a stressful job and I really feel this perfume calms me down!It is more of a fall/winter scent I think.

guest_NEWWAVE
guest_NEWWAVE

It's like a perfumer takes the juices of Beyonce Heat, Kim K, and Halle. Then stir them up together and repackage it in this cute heart bottle. Smell good. And if it's cheap. Why not.

Adrien02
Adrien02

Received as a gift from my daughter and fell into like with it. It is very wearable and has good staying power without being overbearing or obnoxious, qualities I like about EDPs. I must admit it snuck up on me because at first sniff I thought Oh oh, fruity musk...grab the aspirin...headache on the horizon. But it mellowed out so softly and permeated my senses so subtly it made me want to get my fluffiest blankie, a snifter of Cognac and curl up somewhere comfy and read.

arb368
arb368

Sprayed this at the mall today and I really enjoyed it. It is mildly spicy and sweet. The incense and musk take forefront on my skin, the vanilla and patchouli hide in the back but still offer their oriental goodness. This is most definitely a fall/winter scent. You could wear this while baking holiday cookies and blend into the scent of the ingredients!

guest_MalaikaAngela
guest_MalaikaAngela

This new fragrance "Queen" by Queen Latifah is delicious and exquisite! It's soft sexy rose + vanilla notes really cause the opposite sex to take notice. Each and every time I wear this fragrance I have men stop and stare...they will invariably make eye contact and compliment me on how "good" I smell! The notes of incense and patchouli gives an element of mystery, an sense of "what if". Queen Latifah has another #1 hit on her hands with this fragrance! My congratulations to Ms. Dana Owens and my thanks to her for blessing us with such an enjoyable and luxurious body lotion and perfume.

Yamba1
Yamba1

Yep, I agree ith others here. On me, I instantly recognised TM Angel upon application. I get oriental with strong vanilla, yet the balance is more refined than Angel, and most definitely easier to live with. Drydown is soft and sweet but the basenotes also give an earthy, spicy balance. I was given this as a tester and was very impressed. May even buy a full bottle...

nyoka

Innocent,guilty,come here,go away!!!!I could list all the notes but it would b an insult to such a unique fume.It deserves to b described and written from the heart.It is a Romantic scent.A woman in a long velvet gown swirlling arround the ball room floor,mesmerizing everyone in the room.No single scent stands out.Its a mixture of everything that compliments each other.Comforting like seeing a baby at their mothers breast.refreshing like coming outside in the cool sunshine after a pearly white snow.So beautiful u cant believe that a group of humans made it.It smells like nothing else but itself.Differently on everyone but,always heavenly/Good for any time of year,anywhere because it can invoke any emotion.The QUEEN has done herself proud!Doesnt smell like a celbrity scent AT ALL.Smells Much more expensive than it is.Do urself a favor and get some.I even wear it when im alone.Its soo good Im stingy who I allow to smell it.It is extreme enjoyment and estacy!

Casi
Casi

Queen is an enticing Oriental! The Cognac note in this juice is nearly as satisfying as the real thing served straight up. Closing my eyes, I can see myself inhaling some Courvoisier, as I swirl it around in a gorgeous crystal Snifter. That first sip, much like Queen, is rich, full bodied and warm. After some time, all of the base notes join the cognac. Musk, tonka bean, vanilla and sandlewood fold together perfectly with a dash of incense to add a light touch of spice. The patchouli is just right and lends the needed earthiness for this otherwise intoxicating, boozy blend.

Queen is a very wearable, long-lasting, quality Oriental that could be worn day or night, in any time of year.

Queen isn't all that extraordinary and she is not a "must have" in my collection. Yet, she is a lovely perfume that I do find enjoyable and impressive.

Solvita
Solvita

At first is very similar to Angel,then changes,becomes sweeter,warmer.Very spicy perfume.Strong,but not heavy.I like it very much.I think this perfume is very good for cold winter.

Princess
Princess

In the beginning it smells very very spicy. Maby a little overwhelming. I can not smell any of the floral notes. Just strong spicyness. As it dry's down it still smells spicy, but with vanilla. I didnt like it in the beginning, but now im wearing it. It does not smell like Thierry Mugler's Angel

bamboowu
bamboowu

I am enjoying this one IMMENSELY. It is very beautiful, and to me, though women love this one, I think this one could also be genderless.

What I can detect in this perfume is a wonderful blend of incense, vanilla, patchouli, rose and amber. It is the rose/patchouli blend that makes me love it so much. Add to that delicious mixture, the boozy feel of the cognac and you have a ultra sexy potion.

It reminds me of perfumes I have... though this one is unique, I do find similarities with...

Thierry Mugler's Angel - only this one is sweeter, smoother, happier, somewhat softer, and less intense. I like Queen much much more.

Midnight Poison by Dior - (Midnight Poison and Queen could be siblings in my opinion).

I think this is a wonderful oriental gourmand. Powerful, intense, confident, and sexy, just like the Queen herself. It is a wonderful fragrance that will get you noticed, in a good way. It has excellent sillage and is ultra long lasting. It is a winner in my book, and one of my new favorites. I would absolutely love this one on any man as well...in fact, I think I will spray some on my husband right now :)

Suitable for a Queen!....Loving it forever!

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

This one is so great, the strength is more than good, can smell it over the night.
Delicious warm, creamy and strong, bute not overdone.
give it 9 points.

Thanks to lovely NathalieZ from now on proud owner of this gorgeous perfume!! It is a vampy sexy one!! I love it!!
Thank YOU Nathalie for giving this one up!!

nyoka

thi9s is one beautiful fragrance.i do not think it in any way is like angel,which i hate.the scent of this wonder reminds me of sitting out at night ,wind slowly puffing by as i sip a mixed drink,relaxing.i love it so much more than all of those other celebrity fumes.this one smells like a lot of time and care went into it.

karlee79
karlee79

you're right the patchoulli does rule this frag but over all it is the incense and cognac that you smell, BUT...... the fruit notes in the beginning are exquisite, and then the sandalwood and tonka mixed with vanilla are the middle notes that give it a sweet candy or booze smell, you can still smell this sweetness even in the end, and mixed with the incense makes it sexy smokey sweet. Love it!!! i tried this on today , it was marked down on a sale shelf, there were 3 bottles and they were only $19.99, im going to buy all three.

lkell
lkell

I agree with the people who compare Queen to Angel. I found it very similar, but I like it much more. I'm one who actually likes Angel on others, but not on me, because I smell a plastic/chemical note right off the bat and I can't leave it on long enough to get to the good part.

Queen is softer, I think it has less patchouli. I can smell incense and spices and a lot of sweet something (which is probably the cognac) It has good sillage, and a little goes a long way, and lasts a good while. It's also a good price.

Just remember, when testing this only use a tiny bit. That's the best way to appreciate it. I would definately recommend this to people who like oriental perfumes.

Sissi
Sissi

I'm Picturing sweet Stickybuns in the oven toppled with warm Vanilla. Sprinkled with Spices and distant scent of rum and Incense. just love it
I love the cute Heart Shaped design
Etched into the Bottle very Classy
My favorite Perfumes.

guest_Oranda
guest_Oranda

It is very sweet, a bit nutty and deep and warm. It reminded me, not as much of Angel as of Mariah Carey's M without the sparkling beachy notes.

jonr951

Ive had mine for almost a month now and I really love it!! I found it for 35 bucks at JCPennys!! A brand new gift set w/ the 3.4oz bottle and full size body butter! What a deal right!! Its so sweet, warm and comforting! Its definitely one of the best celeb scents ever made. She did an amazing job! Cant wait to see what she releases next!!

sharyssa

Oh and I would like to add that I do like the bottle its very pretty and doesn't look cheap in person.I think it would make a nice Valentines day gift.

sharyssa

I broke down and bought this at retail price today I couldn't help it I actually wanted Hearts and Daggers but I ended up buying Queen intsead it was more for my money I got the 3.4 oz set that comes with the 3 oz lotion and 3 oz body butter for $65.00 well $68 and some change with tax but it is worth it I ususally never pay full price for a celebrity fragrance but I like this one I do smell tequila and I definently smell a coconut macaroon type of smell in it. It's lovely and I dont regret my purchase I just wish it was stronger to me it's a light scent but it lasts and the lotion and body butter are very creamy and smell just like the fragrance overall nice set!

Michele716
Michele716

I love Queen Latifah (the person) and after I read so many wonderful reviews I couldn't wait to test it. Unfortunately, I found it way too strong and smelled nothing boozy, which I like, just vanilla and patchouli. I can't compare it to Angel because I bought Angel when it was very popular and didn't like it at all and ended up selling it on ebay. Now I don't even remember what it smelled like except it was very sweet. If you do like Queen, a plus is that a small amount goes a long way and it lasts for hours.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I have this its warm spicy sweet its kind of romantic evening fragrance.I wasn't too impressed with it when I first got it but now that I am half way finished with this bottle its growing on me.Its warm sensual yet its not a cloying fragrance.I am not sure I will get more of this unless it was on sale.

suez333
suez333

After reading the reviews I just knew I would love this perfume. But after wearing it for a hour what kept coming to mind was the song "I smell sex and candy in here." It is sweet smelling with just a hint of day at the gym. I am glad I tried the sampler and wore it around for a while before buying.

augustana_evangeline
augustana_evangeline

PINK SUGAR take 2!! i totally got a licorice note, and it was so similar to PS that I swear i got a fake. but nope, it was at Macys.

rithacha
rithacha

Oh. My. Goodness. Strong. Strong. Sweet. Cavity.

For me, this one screams and screams from the millisecond of its application until it's dying strains. It's just . . . the booze and incense and patchoulli and VANILLA stab at my eardums with pitchforks. Think angry baby noise, for hours and hours.

Well I've never been a fan of gourmand scents and my arch-nemisis is patchoulli, so it's easy to see why I can't appreciate this fragrance. I'm sure besides shrieky and head-achingly sweet other adjectives include vivacious, decadent, and spicy. But if you apply this one please please show some mercy to the peaceful souls sharing oxygen with you.

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

When this perfume was released, I was so curious about it.I couldn't figure out how it's gonna be like just looking at the notes. However, I expected it to be sexy for having Cognac & Insence ( very interesting! )
I'm so happy this perfume arrived where I live few month later, I fell in love with it as soon as I tested it on my skin. To me, it smells like a heavier version of flowerbomb (which I like a lot )
Some people say it is similar to Angel (!) I dunno, It didn't smell any close to Angel on my skin... It just smells delicious, the way I'd imagine Queen Latifah to smell like.
This is by far my favourite celebrity perfume.. Luv it :)

sammysword
sammysword

I tried this originally at Macys (in late summer) with a tester and also received a sample. I smelled my arm right after I sprayed it and almost gave the tester back! I’m SO glad I didn’t. Once the weather turned colder, I started to use my tester and fell in love. I have used up my tester and have now purchased a full bottle! Now, I even love the smell when it is first sprayed! Maybe it was too much for summer, but this perfect for winter! It is cozy and warm and has all the notes that I love: incense, patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla. I like that it has cognac in it. I’ve always liked a slight boozy smell. My husband has Amen Pure Malt which I LOVE– and this (Queen) feels like the female version of it. I like the translucent bottle and the heart – all of my favorite things. I like the name Queen, too! I feel like a Queen using and wearing it! Well done, Queen Latifah!! I’m so glad I gave it another try!

c3c
c3c

I decided I had to try this after reading the reviews. I'm really confused how anyone could compare this to Angel. For one brief moment after spraying it on I smelled a hint of Angel behind Queen, as if a co-worker walked by and waved while you were talking to someone. The interlude was brief. My experience with Queen is as follows:
The first few minutes, Queens base seemed promising with a brief reminder of Angel behind a much sweeter berry note, quickly fading to something more reminiscent of Innocent which was even more fleeting. For a second I thought I may smell coconut but it was all behind a dark berry scent. It began to make me think of L by Lolita Lempicka with a mixed berry base rather than orange but there was something I couldn't put my finger on that was unpleasant. Finally I decided it reminded me of Vicks Cherry lozenges before they added so much menthol. Remember when you could eat them like candy? That was the overtone unless I held my wrist to my nose, that was the final scent when everything else faded. There was no Angel, there was no sweet ending. It makes me think of an older woman sitting in a room with a man in a smoking jacket surrounded by deer, elk, and other hunting prizes mounted on the wall. Very disappointing for something that held so much promise.

ticalica
ticalica

Did not like that as the opening was too sharp and a bit of a headache-maker

the dry-down was a bit more acceptable but still not so fine :S

Expected much more from the QUEEN :(

guest_Laura
guest_Laura

I went into Macy's on sun & was just browsing. I had seen the commercial for Queen Latifah's Perfume. So I smelt it & fell in love with it at the first smell. I've been wearing it ever since & everyone loves it. This is one of the best perfumes I have ever smelt. Thank you for making this. I LOVE IT!!

memechose
memechose

i predict this will be the best selling celebrity scent of the year. i love it... for what it is a well constructed , lovely orienatll with a boozy note at a reasonable price point

PS EEVRY YEAR QUEEN LATIFAH TOASTS HER BIRTHDAY WITH JAY LENO WITH A SHOT OF PATRON... SHE LOVES HER TEQUILA...

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I'm not one to love a celeb fragrance, but she went a whole other direction with this one. It's not the average boring fruity floral juice. I've had enough of those... It's a spicy vanilla with some sensual florals. An incredible Winter perfume. Strong at first, but spray only a little and the drydown is amazing. The top notes may throw some people off. It doesn't smell a thing like Angel. That gives people the impression of "too much/too fast" kind of EVERYTHING. Angel is a kitchen sink perfume, they put everything in there and alot of patchouli to smack you around just for fun. I was really surprised by this perfume, it's worth a try if you can get past the top notes and give it a chance to develop. Not all perfumes are linear, and frankly I prefer some mystery. I give most of the credit to the fact that you get your money's worth in lasting power. I can still smell it hours later. Not overwhelming, just enduring. Update: I held up a card of this under my guy's nose, and he loved it more than another choice. (The other choice was the Helena Rubinstein All You've Ever Wanted).

jujy54
jujy54

Dried down so much like Ralph Hot (minus the maple!) that I'm wondering why I bought it. Lesson learned - walk around with a fragrance for at least an hour! Still very nice with staying power. I'm sorry to say the bottle looks cheap and kitschy, IMO.

jonr951

APJ!! I got a sample 2day and while still the same to me as spraying it, Queen is really growing on me! Its not as horrifying to me as Angel at all. Its much lighter and tolerable. Im really starting to love it!! I want a 1oz bottle. I know it may not be what ure into but u have 2 try Viktor&Rolfs Eau Mega!! To die for!!!

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Yumm, smells rich and heavy. Strong oriental fragrance. Reminds me of amaretto. I like it. Good fragrance for winter. I think this is a good first fragrance for Queen Latifah.

knics33
knics33

I was able to get a sniff of Queen on a magazine tester strip and I definitely agree- Angel impersonator alert. Queen is VERY sweet... too sweet for me. I would skip over this and stick with Angel.

andy
andy

its a bit spicy and sharp for a womans scent im not a fan of this one

BronxBeauty
BronxBeauty

I concur with Blondeangel. Queen by Latifah is a gourmand oriental vanilla that lasts a long time. It's nicely done.

That said, I can't get as excited about it as she did, because I'm not a huge fan of foodie fragrances. An old broad, I'd rather smell like a flower shop or a spice market than a bakery confection.

But I'd add this: I own some of a pricey oriental vanilla, Love by Killian, and I think Latifah's much less expensive perfume is much more interesting and wearable than Love.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I received a sample of this the other day after a saleslady sprayed a scent card for me. I really liked the gourmand fragrance. It reminded me of "Candy Corn" that you can buy this time of year! Come to think of it, that's exactly what it smells like! Yummy!!!! I tried my sample this morning. Initially I smell the Vanilla and I get Coconut although it isn't listed in the notes. To me the Coconut is strong...which I like! After 30 minutes it's settled a tiny bit and I can't stop sniffing my arm. I still smell the Coconut though not as strong. I get a true Vanilla (not a fake synthetic one) which to me is heavenly! Next, I smell a light floral in the background although Jasmine does not really come to mind. It's ever so slight. Five hours into wearing, it's still going strong but now the drydown. I can smell Sandelwood and Amber on a Bed of Musk. Ever so slightly powdery now. Very sensual and delightful to my senses. In my mind, I see myself or any woman drenched in this scent and rolling around in Copper colored satin sheets with a fire roaring and a snifter of Brandy sitting on the nightstand. The man of your dreams standing in the doorway gazing at you. As I said....Sensual, Sultry and HOT! It is very close to Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber just stronger. It would definitely make a great "fall" fragrance as well.

APassionateJourney

You know, Jon, Queen is actually better in the sample form. Have you tried a sample of it? It's very different from spraying it on you. I like it in the sample form better, but I still love it! I grew up listening to and watching Queen Latifah and I'm so happy to own her first scent :).

Oh, and Happy Birthday, JonR!

jonr951

APassionateJourney, Queen is the only scent in your collection I dont really care for! Its just too strong for me! Im sure if they make a lighter summer version I would love it! And the bottle design is a little off putting 2.

taydev
taydev

I love dana owens so much so im disappointed to say her fragrance was to heavily sweet and i can definetly smell the cognac in it which turns my stomach. not for me

iMaverick
iMaverick

This is a very sensual floral gourmand fragrance, similar to Mariah Carey's "M" and Halle by Halle Berry. I am reminded a bit of Angel in the fragrance, but I find Baby Phat Sensual Goddess and Dior's Midnight Poison more similar to Angel.

The booze notes are subdued in the background, but lends its rich and lush foody texture to the whole composition. You can catch the woody incense in the background, but it's not meant to create a "headshop-nouveau" impression. Everything is basically a smooth concoction without any one note trying to assert itself.

As the scent progresses to the drydown, I'm reminded of a similarity to Fresh's Cannabis Santal, though just for a moment, sans the "cannabis" note and easygoing on the patchouli. As it progresses further, the musk notes take over, making it deep and sensual.

I like this scent a lot. Wish they went just a tad further and made the base notes a little more different and edge away from its deeper gourmand notes, like Halle's scent. Pretty nice job!

jonr951

I finally got to try this today at Macys! Yes it is extremely similar to ANGEL but i can actually stand smelling this one. Its strong but not quite as strong as the deadly ANGEL! I like it. Its warm and sweet and mature! Its what ive been looking for for my mom and aunt. A sweet mature scent. Queen did a really nice job w/ her first perfume! Thumbs up!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I would have loved this one 8 or 10 years ago when I was in my heavy-duty gourmand phase. Queen is definitely a gourmand oriental. I detected very few top notes (certainly didn't notice the "golden accord" that was supposed to smell like tequila). This one turned almost immediately to the flowery heart notes, and by the time I sniffed my test strip an hour later, it was all about the voluptous foody base notes. Very sweet. My hubby even commented on how strongly it smelled of vanilla.

My sample was sprayed seven hours ago and is still going strong, so it has good persistence.

Sfsassy's description of "a mix of Angel and Britney" is spot-on. I couldn't have said it better myself, so I won't. That description tells you all you need to know about this scent. If you like gourmands, it's a nice one and worth a try. If you think Britney smells cheap, and/or Angel gives you the heebie-jeebies, Queen will not be for you.

sfsassy
sfsassy

I tried this one today at Macy's.

The bottle is cute, not super heavy high quality or anything, but I do love the red color.

The scent is a mix of Angel and Britney. It's really nice overall. Nothing groundbreaking, but I but this sells very well.

kay_li13
kay_li13

I WANT THIS PERFUME AFTER ONE WHIFF! everything about it is great! first, i was drawn by the bottle, then the strong smell, definitely a powerful fragrance and with Queen Latifah on the label, I have no qualms about purchasing it. ;)

jonr951

Now that sounds much better! I ADORE Fantasy! A "darker more grown up version" sounds even better! Thanks APJ!

APassionateJourney

JonR, when I had the sample Queen smelled like a sweeter Angel. Not that I have my bottle and lotion, Queen kiiiiinda resembles Fantasy by Britney Spears. It just smells like a darker more grown up version. I just hate the cheap bottle! It feels so light

jonr951

OMG! Everyones saying it smells like Angel! I dispise Angel w/ a passion! O it smells so horrible! Queen cant smell like it! I refuse to believe it! Ive been dieing to try it! I need to head over to Macys 2day! I think its really cool beauty companies are embracing black women! First Beyonce then Halle and now Queen! Heres hoping Queens and Rihannas(no idea when its coming out) are winners like Beyonces(true star, gold, diamonds, and intense) and Halles!

tigrrrlily
tigrrrlily

This is so much like Angel I almost cant tell the difference. Im amazed there is no chocolate in it.. it does last a while. I dont get any booze just the sweet tonka/vanilla notes. Its lovely, but Im a foodie.

APassionateJourney

Such a beautiful scent. The lotion is beautiful and smells JUST LIKE THE SCENT. Lotions sometimes smell different, but this one doesn't. The lotion is thick and creamy. Not watery like most lotions. That's also a plus. Great Job Parlux/Queen Latifah

The ONLY problem I have with this is the cheap bottle! It doesn't even feel like real glass and it's very light. Not heavy at all

Wow, people sure are being rude about this and it's really not that bad. It goes onto the skin pretty loud, but starts to mellow instantly into a rather lovely gourmand oriental. There is a bit of oversharp patchouli in the mid-dry, but that goes away too, into a velvety, rich deep vanilla skin scent. If you like heavy vanilla/patchouli scents, this is definitely a must try. I got no boozy or overly citrus notes. It is smooth from onset to dry down.

APassionateJourney

Wow! I only put a dab of this on and it's STILL on me! Parlux always does a great job with the lasting power of all of their scents, except for Paris Hilton's fragrances.

Now, it's gone back to sweet but not a candyish sweet. It smells wonderful.

APassionateJourney

This reminds me sooooo much of Angel. It starts off sweet, but it has that dark dry-down Angel has where you can't quite place what stage it's in. I got a sample in the mail today! I can't wait to own it! Great job, Queen!

Queen by Queen Latifah by Queen Latifah 3.95 out of 5 based on 581 ratings and 230 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Queen Latifah Queen by Queen Latifah fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Queen Latifah Queen by Queen Latifah, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Queen by Queen Latifah by Queen Latifah. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Queen by Queen Latifah by Queen Latifah represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.