Designers » R S » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Big Pony 2 Ralph Lauren for men
dislike

cacao
Big Pony 2 Ralph Lauren for men Pictures

Collection Big Pony by Ralph Lauren was introduced and it counts 4 new perfumes. Big Pony accompanies popular line of T-shirts and accessories. Big Pony 2 is created of chocolate and musk. It is available in a red flacon, as 75 and 125ml edt, from June 2010.

Musk Mexican chocolate Spicy Notes

Big Pony 2 Fragrance Reviews

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

I smelled and saw this in the locker room. I didnt have the nerve to ask him what it was so all I remembered really was that it was a red can with a green number on it. One day I found it on the internet and nabbed it up. Love it!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Very poor and ordinary fragrance. I don't get the chocolatey scent that some people seem to find, I find a synthetic, grapefruity, plastic fragrance that makes a nasty impact for about 30 minutes then joyfully disappears, yuk...

sugarcane
sugarcane

This surprisingly has become one of my favorite colognes in my collection. The smell is just so nice! It's sweet, fresh with a masculine overtone. I absolutely love this fragrance.

eau de nath
eau de nath

Smelled this earlier but did not buy it. As I read the notes and description here at Fragrantica, it has the cacao notes. I'm expecting this to be a dark smokey sweet scent but its not. I can't notice the chocolate note here! I smell it furthermore but I really can't sense the cacao note. Vanilla was really noticeable here and that was nice. This fragrance was just sweet and vanilla-ish. Although the frag smells great, I'm dismayed because the cacao note doesn't exist.
-Lasts for just 4-5 hours
PS. Maybe the whole frag smells like chocolate milk?

Berner
Berner

Agree with Sameh: love the smell, but probably the shortest lasting fragrance I've run across.

sameh
sameh

Well , 2 be honest about Big Pony 2 by Ralph Lauren , I must declare about the positives & negatives.

1) Positives :

- As a scent 4 me , it's smells GRATE ( the chocolate , musk & Spicy notes ) r really very good blend on my skin , well done as notes.

- Funny thing is I smell it very good when I workout at the gym as it's collaborate with my sweat.

- The bottle design with the falcon , I like.

2) Negatives :

- Longevity very weak as it fades away after 20 to 30 min.

- Sillage / projection no one can smell it unless he / she is very close ( SOFT ).

P.S. ( EDP ) is a must 4 improvement !!!!

lemale129
lemale129

This is just not worth the time or money. It's pretty much just a generic fruity/fresh scent with some watered down musk.

The "chocolate" note is extremely misleading and I am convinced nobody would be able to detect it if they were not primed by being told there is chocolate in this fragrance. That is, unless you consider an overly synthetic syrupy smell "chocolate". The spices are also not very noticeable.

On top of that, it projects at most a few millimeters and has a scent life of 5-10 minutes.

gd15329
gd15329

I’ve checked some of the POLO line today with high expectations, but unfortunately I was let down...
OVERALL: Not a bad teenage scent 9-15 years of age. Nothing more than that.

perfume Big Pony 2: chocolate? Where? No-no-no just a clean linear un-spiced musky scent

perfume Polo Black: fruity? You are joking right? You’ve must be joking... This was the greenest smell (weak though) I’ve ever smelled (and God I hate greens so much – damn you GIT- sorry I just have to say that out loud) Even the seller told me “fruity? On the contrary sir, you’ve must be mistaken. It’s very masculine though, buy it” (I gave her the Sheldon's look of exhaustion and ever so slight amusement for that)

perfume Polo Double Black: Now this was quite interesting (very weak skin scent) but... no coffee not a hint.

perfume Polo Explorer: Now, If had a gun on my head obliging me to buy one polo it would be this one definitely – the best of what I tried from polo line so far. But... you get the picture...

franklyalex
franklyalex

This has been my fragrance of choice for a while, after I stumbled across it in a Duty Free. But, now it's become my work fragrance and not just one I 'treat myself' with for a night out, I'm starting to pick up on its flaws. For me, it was a novelty having a vague chocolate-musk scent, but now it barely clings and doesn't last all that long.

It's not a bad fragrance, per se, but it's lost that je ne sais quoi now I wear it to work.

philatbolthole
philatbolthole

Odd. I'm no perfume connaisseur, but I dont smell any chocolate whatsoever.
I hate almost all cologne, etc. as too fruity, or too strong, or too girly.
For that reason, I pretty much never wear any kind of scent.

But this one, I like.
Funny story: I only came across it because RL sends some of its apparel out with scent on it.
I liked it. But when I tried some samplers in the store to try to find which one it was, I couldnt find a good match, even after using a "tester card", and waving it around a lot.

Finally, though, I got a gift of some #2 bodywash.
*This* gives me that scent that I remember, and like.
Initially a bit soapy, rather than alchohol. But after a min or so, it settles down nicely.

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

Yuck! Kudos to RL for naming this accurately at least. Number 2 indeed..

kenney77
kenney77

Amazing love the idea of this one love chocolate and musk smells awesome love the bottle awesome job Ralph Lauren

Dakkuwan
Dakkuwan

I bought a 125 ml bottle of this while in college. I still really enjoy it although I find my tastes have moved beyond now.

It has no particular progression or distinguishable top, heart, and base notes, but what it lacks in complexity it makes up for with a beautiful simplicity.

The spice note is just a bit creamy and sultry, which works quite well with the smooth chocolate. The musk is definitely noticable but never shows a skanky side, or maybe there is a little bit animal in the musk and it blends with a minute sharpness from the spice-notes. Overall it is a pretty lovely presentation but it's not a revolutionary or groundbreaking scent.

This is a skin scent radiating just slightly beyond the skin for the first hour or two. On my skin it lasts probably around three or four hours before it is pretty faint. There is some remnant up until six or seven hours.

If you love the scent I would give it a shot as its not too expensive. If you're looking for something to push the envelope, attract attention or turn heads I would look elsewhere.

Tigerangel
Tigerangel

Really like this !!! works great on me.

Charlii777
Charlii777

Very nice. My brother tried it today at Sephora and it smells great. Definitely going to pick this up for his birthday gift.

jornandez
jornandez

Hola!, este perfume tiene muy mala p/p. lastima porque huele delicioso pero no deja estela y dura muy poco.

east17
east17

I smelled all 4 of the RL big pony frags in a magazine. This one and #4 (orange) struck me. I am no professional cologne reviewer, I simply like what smells good to me. This one in particular seems to be really polarizing.

The chocolate and warm spicy notes are dead on, but I'll agree that there is no overt complexity. I was drawn to it only because it was so different from the half-dozen or so others I currently have. Soft sillage and moderate longevity. I put a small amount on before work today at 8 and could still smell it into the afternoon.

My girlfriend despises the 4 big ponies, but I wear this one and #4 because I like how they smell by themselves, and I like how they smell on me. Can't say how other women have reacted yet, as I've only had them for a couple of weeks.

My tastes are probably horribly unrefined at this point...but hey...I figure you can't go wrong if you go with what you like and don't over-spray.

JMonroy98
JMonroy98

this makes me sick smelling it.

Smyle12
Smyle12

A buddy of mine doused me with this stuff while we were in his car. OMG! This stuff is tragic!!! My first instinct was to recoil and attempt to try and wipe it off as I had already put on Dior Homme (2005) that morning. This stuff is just horrible. It smells incredibly cheap, musky, raucous, and just like any other horribly generic "cologne". I'd imagine Axe Body Spray smells MUCH better than this, although I've never actually smelled the stuff before.

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

No...Its a no. My brother bought this and smells nasty. Why would anybody want to smell like Musky Chocolate?! Thats the ingredients! Musk and chocolate! Yuck

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

I really liked this one when I was in the store, but didn't like it after I had a chance to wear it - way too much chocolate.

markkkkkkkk4444
markkkkkkkk4444

one word ,,,,,,crap!

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

A musky chocolate scent with very little personality but adequately executed. Not as bad as some would imply, the musk and chocolate do interplay rather well here, but unfortunately there is very little movement nor any character. It sprays on a skin scent and dries down as linear as it came and is gone around the three hour mark.
This works very well as a unisex blend and I imagine it may actually adapt better to certain skin types than the other three in the Big Pony collection. The chocolate is rather light and thus the musk lifts its higher range qualities forward, implying almost some form of white chocolate.
The thing to keep in mind with Big Pony #2 is that it acts as nothing more than a skin scent and if you are looking for projection or a bit more substance you will not find it here.
A rather synthetic chocolate musk affair, certainly not groundbreaking or worth seeking out, but as enjoyable as a cheap bar of chocolate at the candy store.

malecita
malecita

#2 is a nice scent. It's sensual and warm. My boyfriend wears it and it smells very good on him. But it's not an outstanding perfume.

lil_taul
lil_taul

i hate to be kinda judgmental on races but i think there are gonna be alot of Caucasians who don't like this fragrance... i actually don't have it but ive tested it twice and both times i had ppl sniffin my arm, neck at church or at work.

pdubrogers
pdubrogers

Tested one of these each day for 6 days: Prada Amber, Tom Ford Vetiver, John Varvatos, Chanel Egotiste, YSL Pour Homme, and this (#2 Pony) was the only compliment i received over that period of time-all by women...so i bought it.

yilmazg
yilmazg

Sexy member of the Polo team is a light and pleasant fougere oriental. Only two notes are listed but there are other players in this for sure. In the opening I detect light citrus. And there is musk for sure after it settles. The chocolate note is misleading there is no cocoalike chocolate note in this. This is more like vanilla milkshake.

Pony number 2 is a good fragrance but there are many others like this which are better (armand basi silver nature, jacomo rouge, Perry Ellis 360 white etc). So it is not very original. The worst part of this nice cologne is the longevity. 4 hours max. If you like other Ralph Lauren fragrances you will probably like this one as well. It is non offending for sure.

Sillage: 6/10

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I don't get the dark chocolate, and I certainly don't get anything specific out of Big Pony 2. It reads to me like a spicy, cinnamon-type musk. There's a heated amber lurking around in there. $65 for this? Really?

JohnMc
JohnMc

Designated as 'sensual' on the flacon if my memory serves me. A lovely, sweet gourmand type smell to my nose, sweet and somewhat sensual, but also very fleeting - I gave it a couple of strong sprays on the same part of the arm and within an hour it was barely there. If I'd sprayed the original green bottle twice I'd be smelling it into next week!

Mushroomfat

I've decided to try all the ponies again, starting with the more interesting one with chocolate, and it's much better than the gassy slop I was first introduced to.
First spray is of a very fresh chocolate, as if chocolate was infused with a juicy, light citrus, like a splash of lemonjuice?
The chocolate/ musk combo is reminiscent of a combo of my own;
I've been given some Jo Malone Grapefruit sample vials that I wasn't fond of by themselves, but mixed with the ultra-chocolate Axe/Lynx Dark Temptation it's alot better! I've always wanted to mix DT with lemon instead, as grapefruit is quite harsh.
Pony2 is almost what I want, but not quite.
I also have to mark it down on projection.

N33Dcologne
N33Dcologne

I hate how many people are dissing this fragrance, it has to be my most complimented cologne, it will not smell very good to men, but to women it is out of this world.

Ouch!
Ouch!

An oriental vanilla? This is not! I was expecting something completley different.

This smells like alot of Ralph Lauren for men scents do. Masculine, kinda sporty and fresh. Smells like a classic aftershave splash from the early 90's.

Where the hell is the vanilla/sweet note? Very strange. I can't believe this has chocolate listed as a note.

On the whole it's kind of generic, not something I would usually wear as it wouldn't really suit me.

Not really much else to say really apart from a big thank you to Gyspyparfumista who sent me this in my goodie paackage! :)

duskangel101
duskangel101

All four of the Big Pony colognes are horrible. Very strange and artificial smells.

antonpan
antonpan

This is not a copy of Axe Dark Temptation, that seems to be the best smelling mass market deodorant. Axe is a cheap and modernized copy of Thierry Mugler A*Men, this one is... some masculine spicy notes on a soft vanilla base. Where is the chocolate? The scent is soft and powdery and on the skin it sounds worse than on the paper.

Papi
Papi

Red one and blue one are pretty good.

rehabnursevanessa
rehabnursevanessa

I got this for my boyfriend for Christmas just by reading the fragrance description and I love it. I wish it lasted longer though...but it is very nice.

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

The fact that they came out with 4 fragrances can be a turn off. It could mean that they did it simply because they had to.

#2 attracted me the most since it was marketed to be the sensual one. I was a bit disappointed though. I didn't last on my skin and it wasn't sexy enough despite that the aphrodisiacs are there: vanilla and chocolate. This is a case of less is more. Maybe use one main aphrodisiac then add more ingredients to compliment and enhance it. SAFE, NOT A HEAD TURNER.

floof
floof

cheap smelling, axe clone!

Mushroomfat

Tried all four, was very dissapointed. To me they were all vert similar, not the actual smell, but very boring. They would be loved by some, just not me. #1 actually smelt to me like lemon dish washing liquid.
I looked at the notes of each on this site and thought of mixing them, but I don't think it would make a difference.

kylexora
kylexora

Love it or hate it. The first smell i can detect is chocolate... then so kinda sweet stuff. Not a masculine smell, more girly. I won't let my man wear this, i might think he's wearing my perfume. The drydown similar to Carolina Herrera Sexy 212 women. Sillage is good, but not long lasting. Disappointed.

guest_Novel
guest_Novel

Very cheap chocolate smelling; 1:1 exactly like Axe Dark Temptation deobrant. I like RL fragrances, but this one is just low cost stuff.

Gelladon
Gelladon

I was really excited about the release of this fragrance but after smelling it at Dillards I found it to be a waste of time. I expected so much more from Polo this is truly a disappointment.

nanoct
nanoct

i have this one and i love it, doesnt last long though, but its very wearable, BUT i got tired of it already lol
and i didnt got any compliments with this one

Lotofire
Lotofire

I really agree in some of the reviews of my friend Gypsy Perfumista...not on this one...i was so dissapointed, if i want a chocolate fragrance ill rater go for Black Orchid or A Men...even Animale Animale is waaaaaay better.

Brenster
Brenster

This actually reminded me a bit of Amen on paper. On my skin however I found no similarities. I didn't get the chocolate note that people have been talking about at all. For the first few hours I kept getting sweet and ambery with cucumber.... then after three hours it just vanished into nothing. I'm glad I only have a sample, because I wont be wearing it again. maybe the other three Big Pony's will be better.

urobian
urobian

In my opinion this is the last Pony but with an open mind i like the others.In this one the chocolate tune smell very cheap and synthetic, very powdery in a wrong way. With no more multidimensional phases the fragance changes to a caramel-cocoa and ordinary sweet smell. Not my kind of smell.

A chocolate scent for men, kudos RL!! As I smelled this today at my favorite fragrance counter it was the most sensual and gourmand sweet of the four in this line...

I detect some spicy accord and other intangible nuances in this but within 15 minutes the chocolate makes its entrance and lasts all the way to the drydown. The musk is slightly animalic but not too dirty, there is a hint of vanilla to my nose and though a woman could wear this it is manly to me, without the usual suspects. If you've ever smelled mark.'s chocolate orchid imagine you sprayed it on in the morning and after working went out and put on Ultrared by PR, before you were halfway through your 1st drink, this is what you would smell like. Even now in the late drydown I get a hint (only a hint, mind you)of something akin to liquorice or fennel, so there are other things in these frags, they only list the two strongest notes...

Sillage: decent
Longevity: good
Overall: 3.5/5

This is something unusual for RL-a male gourmand oriental, I like how they are thinking outside of the box and I was expecting all of these to be really weak (2 notes in a 4.2 ounce bottle) but they are in fact quite well done and eventually I will collect them all.I have very few "tasty" fragrances like this one, so it goes without saying not everyone will like this but I think it is unique and delicious...

andrevarx
andrevarx

This is an EDT with a simple and straightforward aroma with notes of chocolate very confusing and base notes of amber of good quality. Only smells good, is very subtle and can easily eclipsare aroma. Only worth a base of amber.

The EDT should better be called an EDC.

Big Pony 2 by Ralph Lauren 3.17 out of 5 based on 201 ratings and 48 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Big Pony 2 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Big Pony 2, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Big Pony 2 by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Big Pony 2 by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.