Designers » R S » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Big Pony 3 Ralph Lauren for men

Big Pony 3 Ralph Lauren for men
dislike

Big Pony 3 Ralph Lauren for men Pictures

Collection Big Pony by Ralph Lauren was introduced and it counts 4 new perfumes. Big Pony accompanies popular line of T-shirts and accessories. Big Pony 3 is created of mint and ginger. It is available in a green flacon, as 75 and 125ml edt, from June 2010.

Ginger Mint

Exceptional Because You Are For Men

Big Pony 3 Fragrance Reviews

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This one is the worse smelling one of the 4 perfumes. It's not that bad however! It smells exactly what it says here: Ginger and mint.

Yeah... Not that groundbreaking, but these were made to be easy to wear and accessible for a large range of customers and probably focused towards teens primarily.

All I am saying that all of the other colognes in the big pony collection are better than this one.

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

To me this smelled like a mix between Live Jazz and Ecko by Marc Ecko but they took the best things about both fragrances and combined it into 1.

It has that minty vibe from Live Jazz and that really bright,soapy vibe I get from Ecko. To me this scent smells like a soapy,mint fragrance mixed with the ginger that gives it just a little bit of character and spice. This is a simple fragrance really but it SIMPLY smells great.lol

People that want a lot of depth out of there scents wont like this but if you simply want a cologne that has that fresh out of the shower smell you cant go wrong with this. I actually get a lot of compliments with this and would say its cracked my top 5.

Performance on this is actually really good. It lasts on me about 8 hrs consecutively and projects about average the whole time.

Overall rating. I love this smell and really want to rate it higher but because of originality it loses a lot of points in my book. But it still smells great and performs great as well. So for that Ill rate this a 7.5 out of 10 1

quite soft and really pleasant, nice stuff.

Atbinj
Atbinj

mint and ginger, really thats all you get not worth the money in my opinion an ok summer fragence lasts 2 hours on my skin
scent: 6/10
sillage:2/10 sits close to the skin
longevity: 2/10 2-4 hours max
versitility: 7/10
meh...

JoeOM
JoeOM

Pleasant. Very linear though, but isn't that the point.

Spicy and green, and quite long lasting. Loved this one!

cmbathyal
cmbathyal

My first ever purchase and honelsty not a terrible choice.. i belive its the best from the big pony line, very linear but likable.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

Good for summer, good also is you are under 18 years old…

Ryan1159
Ryan1159

More of a sporty fragrance. Not a fan. Great projection, decent longevity, I do get compliments, but I personally do not like the scents.

Blutengel
Blutengel

Not much happening, it's an ok smell but boring. Longevity is not to great either. Very close to Yves Rocher Altika.

devynm
devynm

Smells pleasing to me, not my favorite, but good. It last a long time too, the best of the big pony series if you ask me. Casual and safe, no real complaints.

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

*yawn*. Too "Polo". Nothing exciting going on here. Smells fresh, clean, gingery & preppy, but relatively undistinguished from the other Polo fragrances. A soon to be re-gift for my brother-in-law.

dmirror
dmirror

Like everybody posted on here it is a plain scent but it smells great especially early in the morning nice clean shower fresh smell gives you a little energy and most people will like it cause it's a non offensive scent any age group could wear this one it's just a clean smelling scent I think of zest soap the commercial from the 90's "your not fully clean unless your zest fully clean" it goes something like that but anyways i'll give it a 7/10 plain basic but non the less it smells great I've gotten a few "oh that smells good" from co workers it's one of those scents like mugler cologne

Idlehands
Idlehands

Simple, clean and fresh. Probably for a younger crowd but I like it a lot. Crowd pleaser for sure.

LuxWaltz
LuxWaltz

It's an alright cologne, but it (personally) gives me a headache. My bottle of this is just sitting on my computer desk, collecting dust.

memocl
memocl

Siento que es muy similar a big pony 1, más fresco pero en general lo percibo como big pony 1.

Que lástima que no mantenga la calidad de Polo tradicional, un perfume que usé por años y con una excelente calidad.

spartan
spartan

Yes its Linear and simple, but that is what makes this one so good. Number 3 has Very good silage, it smells natural after A very short time on the skin. The dry down is like your natural body oder, that what makes this so special! To me this is A great Day scent or could be A signature for others. It's like this is the modern up to date Polo. Very green, Fresh and Masculine, the more I wear this the more I love it.
Just because this is not A complex scent, don't sell it short. Many of the best Fragrance's are linear, and to some that is what makes them so special.

8/10 Good Stuff, Best of the Pony line.

10/10 Sillage

8/10 Longevity

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Unfortunately a very boring light citrus ginger thing. I have never been a big fan of any of Ralph's citrus entries tho...

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

I am onto my second 75ml bottle of this and it's got a quarter left. It is so fresh and light. I love it. I can only describe it as very fresh citrusy with a little spicy ginger. It doesn't have much depth as far as the notes go but it is perfect for everyday use and sporting. It is a very universal scent, by that I mean almost everyone likes it. If you like fresh citrus smells, this is for you!

juiceboxking
juiceboxking

Amazing longevity. so simple and smells so good. unique enough and not super common. resonably priced. all around awesome. my "signature" scent...

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Love this colonge yet to own it maybe one day I will

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

Ginger bomb! I got this the other day and was very impressed with the smell but had me worried on the longevity. I wore it yesterday afternoon and I have to say that the projection and longevity arent an issue. It's very minty and fresh on opening but only for about 30 minutes then the ginger just pops. It's all ginger and spices for about 6-8 hours until the projection is gone. It stays on the skin for maybe 3 hours and will stay on clothes for 8. Great casual summer scent.

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

yuM. sMELLS GREAT. But honesly, The entire big pony line smells a whole lot better on paper than it does on people. It loses its shine on skin and just runs flat like manly deodorant that wore off.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Big Pony 3 is as simple as fragrances come; two notes and a very linear life that for some particular reason seems to be the longest lasting and most durable of the four in the Big Pony cannon. From the opening spray the mint asserts itself over the rather organic ginger note but after 5-10 minutes both begin a bit of a struggle for supremacy, with the ginger becoming more prominent and ultimately coalescing into a rather finely blended mix that is well balanced and spicy and projects exceedingly well compared to the first two in the series.
Definitely recommendable to anyone who enjoys ginger but wants something simple and fresh without frills. Shocking longevity, 6-8 hours is quite common and 10 hours is not out of the question on some. Certainly given the simplicity this will be criticized for its sheer banality and imperative cloying qualities, and while this is certainly true, this is a very decent simple spicy that works well in the context of providing four different mood fragrances for the casual wearer not yet ready to stop and smell the roses.

khoivu
khoivu

I do not like the smell at all. It's fresh, but plain, and smells just like body wash. It's only good for casual appearance.

maltatude
maltatude

I'm just going to put it out there at to what I can smell, mint ginger vetyver pepper bergamot
Lime

candys
candys

My fiance owns this, i want to be close to him all the time when he wears this because it's sooo sexy! Yum!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I probably shouldn't be doing this, but I'm giving Big Pony 3 a neutral rating because it's the most likable of the BP lineup. Some mint and an incredibly synthetic greeny heart, over a faceless and clean ginger and musk. I'm a sucker for green, even when it's as soulless as this. I suppose if I were 17 and sexually frustrated, this would be my spring spritz. Anyone even a smidgen further along in life should just man up and wear the original Polo.

Vierhuizen
Vierhuizen

I was surprised by Polo Big Pony #3. It's so simple, and also smells really good!

Mint and ginger cool you off, and stay the whole way through. But a couple hours in, some green notes come in (like conifer trees and moss).

They made this for "The Adventureous Guy" and I think they did a great job for that.

Longevity and projection are good too!

ccw888
ccw888

i detect the minty but more towards freshness than mintness. there is also a herbal/ozone green note

bulgarualin
bulgarualin

Smells good :) a bit like Stradivarius store-parfume but really ok on some skins :D

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Ginger and mint.
I'm sure theres a suede note for the base there, something has to be holding this together.
Well it's nice than my first try. Very fresh.

JackOatmon
JackOatmon

Sometimes you gotta keep it simple.

Keep a bottle around for super hot days and after-sex showers.

mj9999
mj9999

Smelled this in malls, and got a small 1oz spray bottle of this after buying the #4...For me, this smells like detergent, as in laundry detergent...not too harsh tho...

beatrix75
beatrix75

the best big pony i vant to smell on my husbend in the sommer i vill buy for him!!!

antonpan
antonpan

Simple, but tasty. The perfume is green indeed and it resembles a field full of fresh green grass. The mint is here, maybe a bit of ginger too, and of course lots of citruses. The scent starts bright and invigorating, but than becomes powdery and less minty. Yes, the ingridients are cheap, but the smell is not bad.

sunodennis
sunodennis

Definitely like it, only thing I do mind is its longevity - maybe the others do smell it, but me not. I can feel a fresh scent for 10 minutes, maybe a lil more, but then, it all dissappears. I can recommend, although.

mszigetihu
mszigetihu

A true love/hate relationship with the third player of the Big Pony Collection. Very simple and linear scent with only two notes: ginger, and mint - yes, that's all what you get.

The beginning is very fresh and green; well balanced combination of the two notes, but more minty for me, also sweet, very pleasant. After 10-20 minutes, the sweetness goes away, and the scent becomes sour and maybe a little powdery. Now you can easily detect the ginger but still the mint is the dominant. And that's it so far. The initial smell won't change from this point.

I like these two notes, but maybe it's not the best idea to incorporate them; they're better alone, or with other notes. As i mentioned, this combination gives a fragrance a sour and powdery feeling which isn't pleasant at all. I wish the whole drydown could be like the beginning - well balanced and a little sweet. Not bad, but could be better.

The longevity is brutal on me. I mean, literally. One day i sprayed two early in the morning, and it lasted all day, easily recognized it on the evening. I'm sure no one has ever said anything like that before: i want worse longevity! Seriously. It's not easy to smell this all day, kind of tiring. The sillage is average by the way. For everyday use only on spring and summer. Not for a formal dinner or a date, believe me.

The price is in the average category. Also, nothing special about the package. The bottle is green and clear, very nice stuff. Like the other 3 bottles from The Collection (with capital letter, of course) it has the number 3 on one side, and the familiar Big (not that big) Pony logo on the other side which i think is one of best logos on the market, if i can say something like that. Overall, it's not a bad scent, but try it carefully before buy, and make sure you know it, becouse it can surprise you. Yeah, that's it for today.

kylexora
kylexora

I have to agree with other people here. Yes, #3 is good, it really something. The combination of mint and ginger really works. The best among the 4 big pony. Just after you sprayed it, the burst of minty fresh and ginger smell lead the perfume. However, drydown is not so good for me. The mint loose it freshness, but the ginger remain.Not bad, but I wish I could smell the mint on my man for longer. But #3 fails to maintain the minty fresh smell. The minty turns to aquatic-green smell which not so impressive.
Sillage is good, quite long lasting. Suit men below 30...

guest_Martin
guest_Martin

The best from the new collection. Mixture of lime and mint, very fresh and pleasant. Perfect for daily use when you go to high school, college or something. Recommended age i think under 23.

Almost as good as Polo Blue.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

Pure herbal mint! I like this note. The best of the big pony collection in my opinion, without doubt...sillage is average on my skin. 8-10 hours with nice longevity.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Of all the new RL line this one was my top choice (none of them were really impressive).

Don't look for complexity here. What you get is: light, fresh (nice mint) and simple. Certainly will not offend the working environment but would not recommend this as a date scent.

The sillage is just so so and I did not find the longevity I desire.

Overall, fairly generic in a nice way.

Having tried all these today I must say #3 is quite good. Having the same number as the Captain of a polo team, this one is very verdant and natural fresh and though I would have chosen a different scent for the captain this one I am sure will be very popular with the nature lover...

The listed notes of mint and ginger are definitely there and right off the sprayer it is VERY green, though not like original Polo was(Herbal and sharp), this one has an outdoorsy lush type of green that gets sweeter before the main duo of notes kick in. In the drydown (what I'm smelling now 6-7 hours later) is a hint of wood with vetivery type of manly green thats clean but sheer and ever so slightly warm-sweet...ala Eau de Vetiver

Sillage: decent
Longevity: quite good
Overall :3.75/5 (my #3 of the 4)

Every RL fragrance cannot be Polo or Safari, times change and so do designer scents. If you want to go green, this is the Pony for you. Remember rolling down a hill as a child in warm fresh summer grass? That's how this one makes me feel...

andrevarx
andrevarx

This is a smell EDT almost mint, appears not seen many other aroma, is too simple, a minty smell fine but that is only perceived. Should be called EDC.

Big Pony 3 by Ralph Lauren 3.51 out of 5 based on 224 ratings and 43 user reviews

POLO BIG PONY 3 for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT .5 OZ
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 3 - Green' Eau de Toilette Green 3 2.5 oz
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 3 - Green' Eau de Toilette Green 3 2.5 oz
POLO BIG PONY 3 for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
POLO BIG PONY 3 for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
POLO BIG PONY 3 for MEN by Ralph Lauren SET-EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ EDT SPRAY .33 OZ MINI TRAVEL OFFER
Eau De Toilette
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 3 - Green' Eau de Toilette
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 3 - Green' Eau de Toilette
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 3 - Green' Eau de Toilette Green 3 4.2 oz
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 3 - Green' Eau de Toilette Green 3 4.2 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Big Pony 3 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Big Pony 3, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Big Pony 3 by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Big Pony 3 by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.