Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Big Pony 4 Ralph Lauren for men

Big Pony 4 Ralph Lauren for men
dislike

Big Pony 4 Ralph Lauren for men Pictures

Collection Big Pony by Ralph Lauren was introduced and it counts 4 new perfumes. Big Pony accompanies popular line of T-shirts and accessories. Big Pony 4 is created of pink grapefruit and kyara wood. It is available in an orange flacon, as 75 and 125ml edt, from June 2010.

Grapefruit Woodsy Notes Mandarin Orange

The One Sport

Big Pony 4 Fragrance Reviews

Abdulla Talib
Abdulla Talib

The notes are good but, longevity and sillage are almost non-existing.

andres.guzmanbarron
andres.guzmanbarron

For me it is like a little brother of la nuit by YSL but more fresh. A version for a younger crowd, it has almost the same sillage, proyection and it lasts. Very nice scent, recomended.

Not a lot to say about this one other than its okay and that it appeals to me more than the other Big Pony's in the range.. Huge burst of fruit to begin with woody note behind it not very complex but as such not very memorable either.

devynm
devynm

The first time I experienced this I enjoyed it, but after smelling it the second time it just began to smell like bug spray.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Not bad, but not great either. I gotta say the opening is different from other stuff out there, but the woody dry down is so damn generic! Overall, this deserves a 7.5/10.

herreroph
herreroph

Smells warm and nice but only for 2 or 3 hous and close to the skin, after that, it disappears completely.oud wood, it really feels after 10 minutes and does not smell synthetic, but is too weak to be real

adyl
adyl

To be worn for two purposes. First, if you want to feel fresh and energetic, second, if you want to keep it simple and straight. Well this perfume has so many negative reviews, come on people, its not that bad, infact in my opinion its one of the best if you have those two factors which i mentioned above on your mind before wearing it.

Lola Montes18
Lola Montes18

The heaviest of the four. More classical. Reminds me of Gucci Rush. Spicy

Freemason
Freemason

Simple. Everyday mild and clean.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

A modern Brut.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

reminds me a little of Chanel Allure homme sport OR edition blanche with more wood...smells pretty good..nothing breathtaking...nice citrus/woody masculine scent..will not be purchasing it again

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

I wish it had more ingredients. Wood and grapefruit isn't nough. It doesn't take you on a trip or nothing. Its just woodsy grapefruit. This crap makes me yawn. On to the next one

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

The most classically inspired and executed of the four fragrances in the Big Pony series, #4 is a simple lemon and kyara wood fragrance affair that attempts to add a more gentlemanly respectability to the lineup and succeeds to a limited degree in doing so. The lemon/woods combination was the foundation of men's fragrances in the 19th century and is so common that Big Pony 4 treads no new ground nor offers a more natural or different interpretation beyond bare bones simplicity to the wearer.
Still, given the lack of florals or spice, this may be quite appealing to allergy sufferers or newcomers trying to feel out the basic notes and is a good springboard from which to dive deeper into the genre. The whole four scent collection is a very fine introduction for beginners, if not also a fairly well conceived marketing ploy targeting the 16-25 market. For more experienced adventurers, Big Pony 4 hits the higher notes early and comes off a bit too synthetic, but after the ten minute mark settles into a rather pleasant if stale citrus woodsy that can certainly be labeled inoffensive. Lacks a solid, deeper base note to give it weight and character but works fine enough for a range of events and affairs. Longevity is around 4-5 hours but can be quite spotty, projection is more towards a skin scent but has its moments in the initial application. For what it is, woods and lemon, it is fairly well blended and appealing enough for the casual wearer.

kenzo
kenzo

Best one Big Pony 4 soft and fresh.

Tarlabgab
Tarlabgab

It's like a dry bale fruit under A/C (for coolness and dry).
Like it! But may be too ordinary here.

Gotta love if I got it for a gift!!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Big Pony 4 is, amazingly, the most faceless scent in the series. It has an orangey, ambery, raspy wood & musk essence, if only an essence. It's strange because the scent is akin to a popular Chanel in its abstractedness and affability, yet lacks even the slightest hint of distinction, or anything to set it apart from the mindless league of colored Polos. If this sort of fragrance is your thing, you're better off with Polo Blue, Black, or Double Black. Me? I'll steer clear of Ralph Lauren's fragrances altogether, with more emphatic route diversions, thanks to Big Pony 4.

CastoR&Pollux
CastoR&Pollux

this big pony gets smaller every time i smell it - just gives me headaches - evry tie i think of it - timberol timberide ambrocenide!?!? do i get this right peopple.

ijust wrapp it again and have a birthday gift for a friend who consumes it like coffee or tea.

cordially

s

surkhail
surkhail

a friend had it i got a wiff and fell in love definitely one of my top favs i love the fresh sent i want to get it

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Number 4 is a mandarin/wood blast that settles a lil softer and more musky and fresh, but dies quickly on my skin.
Each Pony I've retried has turned out much better than the first try, but none are really ideal for me to wear.

mj9999

Another review after researching about ouds and kyara wood...God, this perfume is good, knowing that ouds are highly valued by some collectors. Well, according to them, oud stays longer on fabrics, which is what ive discovered long time ago when I apply in in my underarms area of the shirt...others say to spray it in shoulder areas (of the shirt)..

whew, I made the right choice of buying this perfume. good thing that many hated it (so that it will not be famous and it be my signature scent)...

anyway, sprayed this on the underarms part of my shirt and still remained there for about a week....very good job RL!

For a man and daytime wear I like this one. It's on the orange-note side and can be worn for business.

diablochancho
diablochancho

el mejor de la coleccion pues deja una capa abrigadora en la piel creo que es un aroma invernal.

mj9999

RL Big Pony 4 starts out as a familiar modern masculine scent. Its like an amplified Clinique happy with slightly sweeter, more defined notes. I think this scent is perfect for clubbing... Though it may smell familiar, it's still sweet and good smelling, so i dont care...I wanna smell fresh and good...

Among the Big Pony collections, I guess this one is the best...I dont agree with the ratings that this perfume got...Maybe, its a love or hate after all...

EDIT:
The reviews here say that the scent is common and smells like other fragrances..I guess I have to disagree with that, because rather, this Big Pony 4 smells like Clear Men shampoo...both the notes, but this perfume is way way way more refined...

EDIT2:
The scent's ratings is saddening, but hey, the majority who disliked this scent are 25+ males...I hate it coz this will be famous among young men...so sad coz i really wanna make this my signature frag.

antonpan
antonpan

Strangely, but this one clearly reminds me of RL Romance Silver and Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme with their tobacco notes. I'm sure that tobacco leaves are added to this composition (but maybe kyara wood smells like that?), but at the same time they are surrounded buy the bright grapefruit (or even orange) notes. Out of the Big Pony Collection not so bad.

kylexora
kylexora

Well, how should I start?! Good, but not impressive enough to make me think about how my man smell all night. Forgettable perfume. Why?? There is some other perfume smell like this too, especially after drydown. I dont know if my nose fail to make a good job or else, but I remember I smell some other men perfume that exactly like #4. Not for my man, not classy enough. Perhaps for teenage, look at the price!! I've tried all of Big Pony, but only one get my attention :#3. Overall, Ralph Lauren need to try harder..be out of the box..

emachadorj
emachadorj

Best of the Big Pony collection. Good job RL! Very simple but still got style.

ambra
ambra

Ma non farmi ridere te Il NUMERO 4! Il 4 e Casa della ANCHE Il numero, della Stabilità e della Ricerca Interiore ! E POI é buono! Molto buono! Ma TIE '!!!!! Ma qunti the grudge e the ring hai visto?!!

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

I'm glad I checked this out at Boots today and ended up buying one :) Now I have a (originally planned to be short) review and impression on this fragrance to share with you guys ☺☺☺

☼ Regarding the Big Pony collection, I have to admit that Ralph Lauren makes a nice comeback with a pack of high-quality fragrances to revive its brand liveliness after quite a while.

Big Pony No.4 is simply awesome, luxurious and quite citrusy especially at the opening. When you smell it carefully at its dry-down, you can sense something woody going on in the background and this is what makes this fragrance long-lasting and appealing to my nose. IMHO, this is quite unique and I have not smelt anything like this before and I just found out from fragrantica that it is "Kyara wood". I consider No.4 the best of the Big pony collection (I could not agree more with @gypsy_parfumista and @andrevarx). It really suites the word "Energizing" perfectly, which is officially dubbed by Ralph Lauren.

All in all, MAJOR upgrade of the original Polo Blue to the power of FOUR is a BIG surprise to cologne lovers (like me) and Ralph Lauren fanboys.

P.S. FYI, The Big Pony No.1 does not smell like Polo Blue at all and that contradicts my expectation in a good way. I think the resemblance are merely the bottle + cap. lol However, I will definitely go for the Big Pony No.4 to enjoy the latest creativity of the house.

Cheers,

I smelled all of these today and though I agree with andrevarx that this is the best of the Big Pony line I disagee with the statement that they are not as well-made as other RL scents. All of these scents are very well blended and I can still smell the wood and a hint of sweetness 6-7 hours later...

The pink grapefruit note is just great, it is fresh and fruity but not too sweet. The display at the scent counter called this one "energetic" and it is rather uplifting. Kyara wood is the most precious aromatic in the world and is Sanskrit for "black", it is regarded as the highest quality of jinkoh (or aloeswood AKA oudh) in the world and it lasts forever on my skin. This is a definite rich smelling concoction and besides smelling very smooth it is also sexy...

Sillage: average then close to skin
Longevity: super
Overall 4/5

When I first read the PR on this new line I thought: "What?! Only 2 notes in each one, preposterous!" but, I believe there are other accords in there that add to the composition. The two listed are the ones you can really sense. Also the names of the fragrances are synonomous with the #s polo players have on their shirts. Four scents numbered 1-4;4 players on a Polo Team...

andrevarx
andrevarx

Best of the Big Pony collection. Smell is very simple, but refined. We distinguish citrus and wood notes blended in their composition. This seems to have only medium and base notes. Its base notes are closer to wood. Nearby lasts five hours on my skin. It is considered good fragrance if used as EDC rather than EDT. Personally I like the smell it has, I think is simple but elegant.

Unfortunately I fear that the collection is generally inferior in quality to almost the whole line of fragrances from Ralph Lauren.

getcarter
getcarter

G'day All - so,"Big Pony"? As with the RL shirts of the same type IMO it's very crass - just one big ad for RL - shouldn't they pay the consumer to act as de-facto billboard. I'm sure their marketing dept has tested this to the nth degree on the target demographic: lads 14~29 y/o?? But I wonder whether they have tested the name "4" in Asian markets - I predict that "4" may not be so popular as the others. In Japan, at least, the term "shi" can mean "4" but also sounds like the term for "death". And many don't wish to buy or give "death". I'm sure RL are paying their people a lot of money to research naming details - much like Mistubuishi and it's Pajero (which apparently is Spanish slang for "wanker"). As for the scents themselves - I doubt they'll be bad - just predictable. And I am sure they'll sell like hotcakes....

Big Pony 4 by Ralph Lauren 3.48 out of 5 based on 183 ratings and 31 user reviews

POLO BIG PONY 4 for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT .5 OZ
POLO BIG PONY 4 for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT .5 OZ
POLO BIG PONY 4 for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
POLO BIG PONY 4 for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Gift Set 0.5oz
POLO BIG PONY VARIETY for MEN by Ralph Lauren SET-4 PIECE MINI VARIETY WITH BIG PONY 1 BIG PONY 2 BIG PONY 3 BIG PONY 4 ALL ARE EDT .5 OZ MINIS
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 4 - Orange' Eau de Toilette Orange 4 2.5 oz
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 4 - Orange' Eau de Toilette
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 4 - Orange' Eau de Toilette
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 4 - Orange' Eau de Toilette Orange 4 4.2 oz
Ralph Lauren 'Big Pony 4 - Orange' Eau de Toilette Orange 4 4.2 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Big Pony 4 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Big Pony 4, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Big Pony 4 by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Big Pony 4 by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.