Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Midnight Romance Ralph Lauren for women

Midnight Romance Ralph Lauren for women
dislike

Midnight Romance Ralph Lauren for women Pictures Midnight Romance Ralph Lauren for women Pictures Midnight Romance Ralph Lauren for women Pictures Midnight Romance Ralph Lauren for women Pictures

Ralph Lauren is launching new fragrance Midnight Romance, a successor to the famous fragrance Romance from 1998, which has offered several versions so far (Romance Always Yours, Romance Be Mine, Romance Eau Fraiche, Romance Summer Blossom, Romance Tender Notes and Summer Romance). The new editions provides a sexy contrast to the original fragrance and its romantic versions and the fragrance announced as an 'older sister' will replace the innocence of a girl with passion and mature love described by the new composition.

Even the name of Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance speaks about challenge and the seduction of the night which significantly differs from innocent daydreaming and gentle feelings. Passions are awoken by raspberry, Italian bergamot and juicy litchi in top of the composition; the heart encompasses seductive peony, sambac jasmine and freesia warmed with a sexy blend of black vanilla, ambroxan and iris absolute. The fragrance is signed by perfumers Honorine Blanc and Alberto Morillas of Firmenich.

Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance will be available in a bottle of characteristic form, made f transparent glass with a black-silver stopper and a tag with the name of the fragrance. Starting from April 2014, according to wwd, it will be available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum, accompanied by a body care collection - 200 ml perfumed bath and 10 ml rollerball bottle. The face of the fragrance will be Anna Selezneva, while Bruce Weber is working on the photo and TV campaign.

Raspberry Bergamot Litchi

Andy Warhol

Midnight Romance Fragrance Reviews

Eyviab
Eyviab

This seriously smells Devine! Very well made! It's sweet but not cloying it's a little bit floral smooth lime the jimmy choo exotic flankers without a drop of patchouli for those of you that don't agree with that note! Lovely!

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

I really like this! I've loved every Ralph Lauren scent I've tried actually (except maybe the original Romance). Of all of the raspberry scents I've smelled, this one smells the most like raspberries. Like raspberries sprinkled with sugar. It's fruity and tart with a little bit of sweetness. It could be a Herbal Essences shampoo scent. There's nothing too "midnight" about it though...it's more of a zingy early morning treat.

Afterthought: The drydown is a bit sweeter and slightly chocolaty to my nose.

annaa16
annaa16

I blind bought a bottle cause I really liked the sound of this. Unfortunately, I can't stand it. It is straight up sour licorice on me - I don't know how or why, must be the iris? I've tried to put it on and wait for it to develop on the skin but I can't stand it and have to wash it off within 5 minutes. I can't smell anything past the licorice. Such a shame. I love the bottle!

Madrona
Madrona

There is something very becoming about the combination of raspberry and litchi. This is also the case in this composition. I am however surprised that the iris hasn't been voted higher, to me it is easily in the top five most prominent notes. For this reason it also reminds me slightly of certain aspects of Parisienne.

Nikinoo
Nikinoo

At first blast the Iris comes thru loud and clear and its almost hard to get past it because that is a scent can do without honestly I'm not a fan of that licorice type scent and it smells almost identical to Lolita Lempicka but then it dries down to something completely different. It has a warm sugary raspberry scent and then finally finishes as a soft rosy like powdery scent that is really quite pleasant. I did not buy this retail I got my bottle for a very good price from someone. But idk if I would pay retail for it nor do I think it's such an impressive scent that I would go back for more. I think that the original is the best and out of all the RL Perfume I would still say Lauren is my favorite.

equilateral
equilateral

I only smell raspberry in this, not really any flower or vanilla. It smells sweet too, not in a gourmand way just in a fruity way like how raspberries are naturally sweet. Very fresh, pleasantly fruity. Longevity is poor, 2-3 hours, so that's probably why I don't get any other notes. If it were cheaper I would buy a full sized bottle because I do still like it.

3.5/5

Megpeg
Megpeg

Not offensive but also fairly forgettable. The packaging is sleek and appealing. The name YES!!!! But for some reason the perfume itself seems weak, synthetic, and overly accessible. Another sweet fruity floral, that's heavy on the generic berry scent (which btw I rather adore that genre myself.) I've wanted this perfume for years bc of the name and styling, I never really took time to learn it and now that I have... Kind of glad I didn't buy it. Maybe it's also the price point for what it is you can find cheaper and for what it cost you can find better imo.

Recs for sweet & accessible (that I think are more complex and have a more
Midnight quality) : Stella, Armani code, jimmy choo, la patite rob noire, midnight rose, and tainted love

JetsBabe
JetsBabe

This isn't as good as original romance, but it'll do. I would say this is lighter than the original Romance, too.

I smell something sour in this. It doesn't smell like original romance or anything else I have so I guess that's a good thing.

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

It is a very sweeet, cosy, juicy fragrance. On me it smells mostly vanilla and raspberry with a hint of peony. It smells lovely but I would not call it sexy but rather cosy, warm and sweet.

ECfromDC
ECfromDC

It's more like sweet, floral, fresh, fruity in that order.
I love it....definitely a repurchase.

Kiku

Love at first sniff! The opening is a blast of licorice that almost overwhelms. Not since the original formulation of Mitsouko has any perfume used this note so well. Things get even better in the heart: a warm, sugary vanilla chimes in and transforms Midnight into a gourmand lover's delight. But, for me, it all falls apart in the drydown: peonies. This is one of my most difficult notes. It gives me headaches, it is at odds with my body chemistry. I just don't like it. But if you like peonies, if it does not bother you, give Midnight a try. It is a wonderful fragrance. Note: sillage and longevity are slight.

OrientalFruityGourmand
OrientalFruityGourmand

Thanks to @verdigris for providing me with Midnight Romance by Ralph Lauren.

Midnight Romance opens in a lovely fresh way with juicy rosy fruit and a slight citrus sweetness. If you enjoy the Rose-like scent of litchi fruit, you will appreciate its appears here. On my skin, the bergamont is not easily identifiable beyond 'citrus' accords. But I don't mind because the citrus gives the litchi a juicy feeling.

Within 5 min, Midnight Romance begins to bloom into Peony and slightly soap-ish Freesia. The fruits from the top provide sweetness to the flowers. I don't mean to be rude, but I question the authenticity of the peony and freesia notes. Not cheap but not as realistic as I have experienced elsewhere. Still, lovely flowers, just not as genuine as from other perfumes. The floral bouquet of the middle phase remains for many hours, even as the dry down arrives. The base is announced first by Amber then vanilla, but with Peony still evident through out. On my body, the Amber appears within 4 hours. The powdery vanilla shows itself around the 5th hour. Within 6 hours, I can still detect the Peony, though more faintly,, obviously. The powdery quality provided by Iris is subtle by my standards. (I refer to powder as in Guerlain's Insolence). The powdery accord con notate 'sophisticated' and 'formal'. I'm guessing that's what makes reviewers see this as a Wedding scent. I also get that Wedding vibe from Midnight Romance. Although...I don't understand the 'Midnight' reference. I can see this as a day time wedding on a sunny day.

It is my opinion that Midnight Romance has admirable longevity.

My personal tastes are not a match for Midnight Romance. While I did not mind the scent, I cannot say I have an interest in owning it. I get this feeling that I've experienced something like this before. It's nice, safe, office appropriate and pleasant. It can also be used for dressier occasions.

xaml
xaml

Although I somewhat prefer the integrity of Hope Logan, I could imagine Steffy Forrester pulling this one off. Underneath the leather jacket. When she feels playful.

desdekid
desdekid

It's like Givenchy Hot Couture and Britney Spears Fantasy had a baby, and I love both those fragrances, but this is too sweet and smells a little cheap.

NancyD76
NancyD76

I'm normally not really a Romance lover, that perfume is too simple and clean for me. Also not really into rose scents. My expectations were not high when I received a sample.of Midnight Romance in the shop today...
But what a scent!! So classy, warm, sophisticated. It's really a more grown up.version of the plain girly rose scent of Romance.
Midnight romance is so much more. I think it's suitable for wearing in daytime, but also stand out enough to wear when going out. This scent is for all the classy women out there, wanting to stand out but not too much. It's defenitely on my wish list from now!

ADDED: I'm a quick decider, I already bought a very cute little bottle of 30ml and I love it :-)

juliaten
juliaten

I definitely don't like this one. To me it smells like medicine and dentist office.

andabri
andabri

Not much to say, for me personally. Generic, slightly synthetic raspberry with powdery floral. Reminds me of body sprays along the lines of Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret.

grumpycloud
grumpycloud

oh god. i don't really like this perfume...... I received a sample from Macy's while making a cologne purchase for my brother's birthday, and i have to say, this is the type of perfume that belongs on an old lady. not a young, sexy woman. Maybe just strong floral aspects in some perfumes bother the hell out of me. My sister rather likes this perfume, but i just don't like it. It kind of reminds me a bit of a Kenzo perfume, but i can't recall which one....

Dort0625
Dort0625

I got a sample of this the other day, and I have to say....out of the ten different scents your given in these sampler packages, this was by far the worst. I don't know what it is about this but it's a total NO for me

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

I think it is the raspberry I don't like. It smells very like every other fruity-floral on the market. The longevity is quite poor, and I find the top fruity notes cloying. This certainly isn't special. It's a very average, pretty sort of fragrance that I imagine some would really enjoy. But not for me. Sorry all. It also doesn't seem very 'midnight romance' to me either, it seems more of a day time summer vacation sort of thing. This reminds me of a very long list of fragrances readily available everywhere... like, perhaps the Jimmy Choo floral, or a dozen others which I have sniffed and forgotten. I don't really get freesia, I would say the peony is the most dominant flower here.

MinnaMo
MinnaMo

I tried this one on today and I was surpriced I liked it. I do not normally like sweet scents. I was even more surprised when I saw that there is no violet in this formula. For me this is totally violet! I like it. Feminine and a bit bohemian.

lemonjasmine
lemonjasmine

Ooh boy, I love this one. Yeah, it's almost sickeningly sweet. Yeah, there are a lot of similar scents out there. But I always come back to this one.

Flowers, fruits, a little bit of amber... Sillage is pretty strong, and longevity is decent, too. It's like being in a sugary cloud. And for as sweet as it is, it's still a little sexy. It works pretty well transitioning between day and night.

This is one of the few scents that, every time I wear it, someone compliments me on it. Go for it, give this one a shot.

Scentasticme
Scentasticme

Generic spicey rose. Nothing special and a scrubber for me.

celebrity89

This has been done too many times, probably starting with Parissiene and very much like my Incanto Flower and Givency Bloom, which have prettier bottles.

chio17
chio17

Very warm and syrupy sweet! Maybe a good perfume during winter but for summer, I don't think so coz it will make you feel uncomfy!

But it smells good tho!

EvilEva
EvilEva

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and wanted to love it. I have a love/hate relationship with strong raspberry notes; real raspberries are so gloriously perfumed that I would die to smell like them, they have a sophisticated fruity but somehow dry scent. Unfortunately raspberry notes in perfume are always fruity in such a linear way, soft and generically pleasant. Midnight Romance is no exception. The raspberry top note hits me right away and is combined with the alcohol content of the juice in a way not unlike raspberry flavored vodka. I was hoping the iris base note would distinguish itself and give the sweet raspberry note a more realistic dry-down but it just doesn't wow me. This fragrance really reminds me of Hot Couture, not an exact match but they are definitely sisters. Like Givenchy fragrances, It also has a strong "perfume" smell, especially in the dry-down, in other words a sort of artificial generic smell that I tend to avoid. This quality is not inherently bad just simply not transformative, transportive or unique. I plan to keep my bottle for layering, as the sillage is fairly soft and I think it could give a boost to something like a rose fragrance.

pculliton
pculliton

Cloyingly sweet -- a sugar bomb, on me at least.

TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch
TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch

Sweet, likable, and quite a surprise. I got a mini of Midnight Romance as a Sephora Beauty Insider reward, ordering it on a whim. I'd never smelled it, and had written off the original Romance as a nice floral, but nothing exciting. Midnight Romance conjured the idea of a stronger, deeper version of the original.

I put this on and was floored, simply because it was about as far from my expectations as could be, and it happened to have quite a few notes that I enjoy and seek out in scents. It is NOTHING like the original Romance, in my mind. It's a sweet berry-vanilla cloud. Romantic, maybe, but nothing about it speaks to the "Midnight" part of its name. I get the juicy-sweet litchi and raspberry, a bit of spicy warm floral, cool powdery iris, and inviting vanilla; I really like the way these notes come together, and while the perfume is sweet, it isn't as sugary as I would expect just from glancing at the notes. It's feminine and utterly appealing. It may not be a masterpiece or my next favorite fragrance, but it's an easy and fun scent to wear.

Fragrance Lover 30
Fragrance Lover 30

Arguably the best women's perfume Ralph Lauren has put out! Gorgeous peony petals, and a sensual, seamless blending of raspberry and vanilla in the background. Slightest kiss of gentle powdery sweetness, (Love), and and a hint of mystery to pull you in, but not choke you with heavy over done sex appeal. Modern, chic, feminine, beautiful.

I think mabye people are expecting a deep, perhaps heavier fragrance because of the name. I would argue that in order for a fragrance to be romantic, it can do so in a double-take, "wow, what is SHE wearing??", flirty kind of way like is done here. In that regard, this perfume would transition easily from day wear to night. I could absolutely see this being a great choice for a date night perfume, but it could just as easily be worn to work.

I tested this a few months back and kept coming back to it, and finally bought myself a bottle this week, and I just love deeply inhaling this....it is just so good. My only critism would be that I wish it projected more. I'm wearing it b/c I WANT to smell it! I would love to keep smelling a little Midnight Romance cloud around me instead of smelling my wrists. :) I really like the bottle too. The black label and black/silver lid look very classy.

Sillage:5/10 (weak)

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

I like this fragrance so very much. It is not what I consider a 'midnight fragrance'. My idea of a midnight fragrance is more of DKNY Night and Gucci by Gucci. However, this is a beautiful fragrance that I consider appropriate for anytime during the day and season. It is a lovely, sparkling fragrance. I would go so far as to say that you could wear it at the office if you use a light hand in applying it. Another winner from Ralph Lauren.

BeguilingBeauty
BeguilingBeauty

I really liked this initially, but after a bit it got too musky on my skin for my taste, but I didn't see musk in the notes so I was perplexed until I looked up ambroxan and saw it's a synthetic version of ambergris which smells musky. Mystery solved (sorry if this is common knowledge, I love perfumes but I'm no expert :) lol). I do like it and now the musky tones have mellowed and it smells like a fresh clean berry and vanilla on me, nothing standing out on it's own. I only got a rollerball but I think I'll just stick with that. I don't love this enough to buy the full size. I can't wear the original Romance. It's very sharp and heavy on me and doesn't meld with my chemistry. This is nice, but nothing terribly special. Perhaps a little pricey for what it is.

june7rose
june7rose

Pure Bath and Body Works fruity at five times the price, no thanks.

kristyc
kristyc

Was offered a sample of this today.. started out pretty enough but the dry down is not to my taste - ended up washing it off.. it smelt a little old fashioned to me.. might have just been my skin chemistry though

GeorgiaMoxie
GeorgiaMoxie

It's baffling to me when perfumes come out claiming to be "midnight", "Daring", "Rock Star", "sexy" etc when they are composed with BBW type fruit vanillas or straight up cotton candy. It's even MORE baffling that this would be described as Romance's "older sister". So at what point am I supposed to trade in a lovely classic for fruit vanilla so I smell like an "older sister"? Why didn't I know that I could seduce just by spraying on some peony? If the peony doesn't seduce me should I tell someone?

My somewhat educated guess is that perfume industries market similar smelling fragrances targeted toward the younger age group so in order to attract the tween to teen girls they use bottles made of dark colors to make them feel like they are all grown up.

lkha37
lkha37

Lovely sweet juicy raspberries and litchi. I like this better than Romance. Unfortunately after 4 hrs, it has been eaten away by my scent eating skin unlike the original Romance which is still going on strong. Nothing dark or seductive here. I find it a good simple and safe daytime scent.

lavantgarde
lavantgarde

Love it. Blends perfectly with my skin and body odor.

Raspberry, litchi, bergamot. Nicely mixed.

anetta22
anetta22

ive always been a fan of ralph laurens Romance since it came out. I was about 10 years old at the time an my sister always wore it. It smelled great and it really lasts along time. When i heard they came out with new fragrances (summer romance and midnight romance) i just had to go try them out. Didnt like the summer one very much but i LOVED the midnight romance!! it smells like regular romance expect a lil more vanilla in it and other scent i cant really describe. This deff does NOT seem like this is something a teenager would wear. It smells tasty and delicious but very classy and a bit sensual ;) deff a perfume id say for the night time. A lil strong for during the day... Id say the age for this perfume should be (21-45)... One of my favs!! lasts a long time.

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

Just tried this after eyeing for a while and I'm pleasantly surprised! This is definitely a 'perfumey' perfume, if that makes sense and does not invoke anything natural smelling on me at all. I get a sense of some muddled, but quite lovely, floral/fruit notes in the initial spray and then it quickly turns into a mature (but not the dreaded 'old lady') slightly powdery musk. There is good silage as I can sense a gentle scent trail being left behind and a few sprays are lasting nicely on me. I smell the sambac jasmine and iris as definite individual notes--the other notes are just whispers and I don't get a sense of vanilla, unless it is balancing out the jasmine in some way, which it could be since I don't usually care for jasmine in fragrances. I will be definitely be buying a roller ball of this!

gabri
gabri

It doesn't smell passionate or romantic to me.It's very light and pleasant , something to wear during the day rather than midnight :o)

bekah.logsdon
bekah.logsdon

meh... I tried it on in the store today, and it didn't last very long. It reminded me of a grown up version of B&BW twilight woods... not my favorite: way sweet mixed with woodsy. I like the original Romance better, but I'm a floral n' musk kinda girl.

VieuxCarre
VieuxCarre

If you can't wait to smell like a fruity berry for a few hours, this is your pick

KarlekLila
KarlekLila

I ADORE this perfume far more than its predecessor. It's sweeter, lighter, rosier on my skin with more vanilla and a heavy dose of delicious raspberry. However, it does not last long at all. I sprayed both wrists in the morning only to find that the smell had evaporated, save for the faintest whisper of floral vanilla on my skin 2 hours later. Another 30 mutes later... absolutely. nothing! :(

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

I like this so much more than regular Romance, which smells pretty plasticky to me. This one has a musky sent which smells much more organic and complex. Still a little sweet, like musk lollies, however. Not really my taste.

Dara813
Dara813

I received a sample of this from Sephora and at first I really liked it; almost like Petit Robe Noir...which I enjoy. However, after a few hours, there was this weird synthetic note that was giving off a plastic vibe on my skin. Of course, this could be my body chemistry. I like the original Romance, so if you're thinking this is similar...think again. It is very different from the original. It just smells like so many scents out there (one of which I mentioned above) that I wouldn't buy it considering that it didn't smell as good on me as the similar frags.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

I first smelled it in a magazine strip and loved it. Though, when I tried it at Sephora, it was disappointing. Tried on test strip as well and wasn't what I was expected. This is sweet but soapy. IMO It smells very similar to Tresor Midnight Rose. Lol. Both also have the " Midnight" title. Just my opinion, that they smell similar. However I do recommend it to somebody that likes clean scents with a hint of sweetness.

lma817
lma817

I like the first hour but i don't like the drydown of this on me. It losses something I can't pinpoint, it just becomes plain floral. I like linear scents that stay the same on me the whole time.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I suspect that fans of the original Romance may be disappointed by this flanker and those disappointed in the original may be pleasantly surprised by this one. I'm in the latter camp.

This is a safe, modern, fruity floral, neither groundbreaking nor distasteful. Something about this reminds me of Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noir EDT, but it could just be me, or it could just be that after a while these types of scents run together, full of berries and sugar as they are.

beatrix75
beatrix75

Sensuell sexy feminin lovely exotisc varm sweet soft beauthiful

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

SO DISAPPOINTING!!!! Love Romance, and love all the flankers that I've had over the years of it... except this sweet, light, barely there cheap smelling teenager's first berry scent. I waited excitedly for months for this to come out in Australia - as soon as I saw it I ran over to the sales assistant and said 'spray me!'. At first my fiance and I were both like '...um, can't smell anything! Not even the usual initial alcohol scent that disappears.' And then it dried into a barely-there berry scent that you could get from a celebrity scent mixed with water.

seaside

Just an update: I'm surprised that some have complained about lack of longevity. While this perfume has moderate sillage (which is always my preference), longevity is incredible. I also don't see this as a particularly fruity fragrance.

I applied more than 18 hours ago, and it is still very present -- and very lovely. It's the kind of scent where even after you might not easily detect it on your pulse points or wherever you sprayed it, it still seems to be enveloping you in a somewhat sweet, rich vanilla-ish, subtly powdery way.

saintfaith
saintfaith

I don't usually like Ralph Lauren's perfumes, but this one was the best perfume I am proud to own. My husband pointed it out and I was amazed on how much I enjoyed it. He loves it too.
It's a little strong, but I don't mind. It lasts for at least 3 hours, on myself.
I did not like the original at all. I thought it was too light and flowery for me. I thought the original catered more towards the younger crowd whereas this one is more mature.
It has a very noticeable powder scent. Which I like. But a little strong on the floral. I still like it very much though. And so does my b husband

seaside

I got a sample of this at Sephora after sniffing it and loving it. I used the sample, and it didn't disappoint.

So I just received my FB from a wonderful eBay seller, and I am so pleased.

There is something so seductively addictive about this scent for me, and I don't know which notes or whether it's the combination thereof. Excellent longevity.

A truly wonderful perfume. It is definitely signature-worthy.

ellementira
ellementira

I bought this fragrance after testing it a few times in store, and wearing it home. The paper tester is what really sold me this fragrance, and I have to say it is somewhat disappointing on the skin in comparison. I bought this fragrance over a month ago but never reviewed it, so and am writing my review having sprayed both my skin and the paper to remind myself why the paper version was so enchanting. I think the paper brings out the litchi a lot more than skin. The litchi appears higher, brighter, and so lovely on paper that really takes a backseat when worn, unfortunately. Whereas my skin brings out the raspberry and vanilla a lot more. Peony is also fairly obvious, bringing that youthfulness to it with which I always associate peony. I don't regret the purchase- I think this is a beautiful light, happy scent that smells rather gourmand and delicious. A fruity cocktail that is youthful yet not cloying. Suitable for women who like the scents of "fruity-florals" but don't want to smell like they're 16. I do wish the litchi note was more prominent on my skin however, it really added that "something special" on paper. The drydown smells very nice as well, a clean-sweetness, though not pure vanilla. There is absolutely no musk to be found, unlike the drydowns of a lot of fragrances in this genre. I think the sillage is soft to moderate with average staying power.

edit: I also tried layering it with the original Romance, and I quite like the result. I think I will be using up the rest of my sample of Romance in this manner, as the original had this "Men's Irish Spring" vibe to it that I didn't enjoy. Layering the two definitely adds to both.

@blueviolet. I would test in store to compare- It sounds like yours might be watered down, this isn't a sillage beast but it certainly isn't non-existent either.

blueviolet

Just bought this online....blind buy, sooooooo nervous and excited!Some blind buys turn out great, some not so much. Will update as soon as I sniffed it to see if its a keeper or going on Ebay!

First Edit. It is nice...but Im not sure as it is so light. No sillage at all! More info to follow.

More Edit. Nope, it wont last on me. Bummer, its nice. Anyone else have this problem with this one? Im worried I got a bad one?

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This one is truly pretty. The iris and the darker vanilla makes this different from the other thousand berry scents out there. This one is masterfully blended and the iris really shines beautifully, softly and subtly powdery. It smells like a very pretty romantic woman. Someone with natural beauty inside . Even though it is marketed to young women as an evening perfume I see this as a beautiful, fresh day scent for middle aged women. In fact, I'm definately buying this one for work as I love.berries.and iris and vanilla and this is very soft and lovely. I smell it and I see dusk in my mind, a purple sunset, the woods at night under The.moonlight. so it does.conjure up romance for me. I also get some of that old fashioned bubble bath, lipstick, and powder scent in this but it's been modernized. This is pretty and on my buy list . I could also see myself wearing this on casual outings in the summer with my man like BBQs and movies. Very pretty......As an older woman I don't see this as strong enough to be a seductive scent. This is more.sensual. Love it....It does kind remind me of hot culture just much less worldly.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

i love the dry down..its mildly sweet , fruity and somehow powdery...smells like a pretty girl!..(this reminds me of Lanvin Me)

Kiku

As usual, Lauren plays it safe: a blend of nice floral notes, citrus, and vanilla. Not exciting but not offensive. Feminine and fresh as spring. I found this very charming until the peonies came forth. By the drydown they are the dominant note. I don't like peonies and I will never wear this. But if YOU like peonies you will probably love it. A good addition to your summer perfumes wardrobe.

lvcougar702
lvcougar702

Nice, safe scent, not really intense as I thought it would be and this scent has no staying power. I received two samples...won't be buying it unless it's at an ultra-low price.

lepalm
lepalm

I really love this scent. As others have noted, the name is misleading. No passion, no sexiness, nothing about it screams "Midnight" to me. But it's nice. I get mostly vanilla floral with just the right amount of berries. I wear it during the daytime and to the office. It has moderate sillage but is very longlasting.

Geeving202122
Geeving202122

Delicious. Compliments like crazy everytime i wear this perfume. its sweet but not too sweet and very sexy and feminine.

alilbitofcute
alilbitofcute

I love it! It smells really sweet and fruity and a little powdery, kind of like candy, but not overly sweet. Very soft and feminine and young. :)

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I must admit that I'm quite underwhelmed by this. The build up was much more exciting than the frag itself, which is pleasant, but nothing new and not at all worth the expenditure for what it is. I would expect this kind of generic, youthful fruity floral release from Bath & Body Works, but not from Ralph Lauren. Pass.

celebrity89

The label is misleading. It should have been called "Teenage Hookup". This is such a young, innocent fragrance like Ungaro Kiss.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

A huge problem I'm having with Midnight Romance is...I almost feel betrayed, or tricked, in a way. The name alone brings forth images of a midnight romance (as is its name), of a sensual, seducing encounter with a man you just met, one you plan to make swoon just by catching a hint of your irresistible scent.
At least, that's what I imagined. But, sadly, that's not the case at all.

It's raspberry and peony. That's it. To me, this should have been named Popsicle Romance or Raspberry Romance.

It's sweet, cloyingly so, as well as verging on soapy. I could have sworn I sniffed a woodsy or patchouli note in there from the testers, but no such thing here. It smells much different when sprayed on paper than on skin.

There's no depth to it, no sexiness, no take charge, no edginess, no seduction, nothing that stands out at all. Nothing but fruit. I'd normally suggest/wear sweeter or more vanilla-y perfumes during the winter, but there is a note in this perfume that is bothering me - the stomach ache kind of bother. It's also not strong enough for a fall/winter fragrance.

There's little to no sillage, and I have no doubt that it will be gone from my skin in another hour or so.

If you were expecting a slightly sweeter version of the original Romance in any way, shape or form, you'll be disappointed.

Dee5
Dee5

The original ROMANCE is already a favorite of mine (used to be my sig) but this one may just replace it altogether. I really love it! This is an OMG! of the OMGs on MY SKIN. Projection and sillage is a beast! I think this is the best scent I have ever come across! There is definitely something mysterious, sexy and extremely feminine about the scent which I love and is pretty much what I have been looking for. Well blended and put together. I have been sampling and it is a must have! I need this in my collection asap (my next purchase). I hope I don't start smelling this every where because it might just spoil it for me.

EBaby
EBaby

***Update*** Did this formula change??? I was ready to purchase a new fragrance and tried this on the other evening. BLUUUUIAACCKKK! What happened??? All the sweetness that was before turned into a sharp, horrible bug-spray smell on me. Please, tell me I just got ahold of a bad rollerball in the sample station...

Just tried this on; I really like it. I keep coming back to fragrances that have the peony/dark vanilla combination. They just work well with my chemistry. I like the freshness of the raspberry and litchi--it's fruity but not candy store fruity. There is a sexiness to it because of the warmth of the vanilla too. It's a great all-occasion fragrance that is subtle enough for every day but special enough for evening too. Very wearable...I would like to buy this one.

MyFaveIsGlobal
MyFaveIsGlobal

Walking into Macy's I saw the huge sign for it and thought "Oh God, if I actually like this, the way they're pushing it everyone in town will have it!" So I finally find the bottle and give myself a spritz on the hand instantly I get chilled fruit (litchi and raspberry the most) with the bubbly effect of freesia and a hint of vanilla but she's really far in the background.
This mixes to become a raspberry gummy bear on me, but not sticky or overly sweet at all! Like a sexy raspberry gummy bear that's mature (I know it's hard to think of a gummy bear as sexy). Lasting power on me is 13 hours with one spritz and it's really good sillage! I was getting compliments all day! Also, because of the chilled effect I get, I can see this working for all seasons, so I had to go get a bottle!

blueviolet

Question rather than review (sorry). I'm dying to try this one, but no one in the shops here in England seem to know when it will be released here? Does anyone know?

craftyminx
craftyminx

One of these days I'm going to have the good sense to know that if Alberto Morillas formulated it, I'm probably going to like/love it and end up buying it. This is a very Morillas scent, a lovely light vanilla floral with some fruit to it, very wearable. This works a lot better on my skin than the original, and I'm at 5 hours from initial spray with it still going strong. With my body temperature running slightly higher than average, I don't get a lot of staying power out of scents, so that's saying something.

emmikolajczyk
emmikolajczyk

I just got my bottle today fron EBay on a blind buy. Right out of the gate you get hit with a lot of fruitiness which doesn't last long, then it begins to turn where it becomes very different from other fragrances, the dry down leaves a powdery fresh , sexy aura about it. I adore this beautiful fragrance one of my best blind buys of my life!!!

rjpabalate
rjpabalate

smells really good! tested it out for a minute and it was good!

prettyswag
prettyswag

I gave this a sniff...and its sexy, fresh and lil sweet..great year round scent and def. had to buy. Its drydown is very lasting and its a very good balance of sweet and fresh...berry vanilla spring fresh blend..lovely!!..very romantic but diffrent than the wonderful original but still sexy.love it!

Definitely a gourmand version of Romance, I like it, it smells sweet and fresh at the same time..now I wish it would be more complex, looking at all the notes...it is indeed a soft oriental , feminine. Interesting, I wouldn't compare it to a BBW product at all..!the litchi and black vanilla dominate ,a bit of peony, I dont really detect red fruits...nice perfume, but maybe not outstanding..If you don't like sweet scents, you might want to stay away!!
A cheap alternative is the Zara Black peony!!!

izzie07
izzie07

Kinda sad about this one. Was so excited went to Dillards to smell it. Way to sweet reminds of a B&B Works body lotion. I wanted to love it I did.

dmaw
dmaw

I agree with iowagirl's description. The previous versions of Romance were too light for me. This one has a "romantic" scent with some staying power.

almarie

I went on the Dillards website but I didn't see this yet. I will call to find out cuz I really want this!

iowagirl301
iowagirl301

I smelled this last night in Dillards. Wow this stuff is awesome, deep smoky berries. It's got the perfect touch of sweetness. If you love deeper scents than you have to try this. I'm definitely going to be adding a bottle of this to my collection.

almarie

This is exciting! I cannot wait til April! It's about time that the Romance line had some flankers, so this looks promising!

misstierra05
misstierra05

I definitely look forward to sampling this when it hits the stores in the US.

Edit: Tested this and it was a total no-go just like the original on me.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Midnight Romance by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Midnight Romance by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.