Designers » R S » Woody « Groups

Monogram Ralph Lauren for men

Monogram Ralph Lauren for men
dislike

Ralph Lauren Monogram was introduced in 1985 as an elegant and sophisticated masculine woody fragrance. It was discontinuous in 1987.

Amber Siam Benzoin Bergamot Vanilla Jasmine Green Notes Sandalwood Cedar Woody Notes Leather Lavender Oakmoss Musk Patchouli Spicy Notes

Monogram Fragrance Reviews

pratikt
pratikt

I've been looking for this for so long, and finally found a small bottle. I haven't been disappointed, though I am surprised at what I smell after reading the reviews (it was very different to me!). My skin reacts quite differently to fragrances as does my nose. Most fragrances seem "linear" for a some reason I cannot understand, as did this one.
Coming to the smell, for me it is a fresh (slightly soapy?) powdery musk, patchouli fragrance with a little bit of lavender and pine lurking somewhere below. Lasts 3-4 hours on me, with decent sillage. Has the "80s" vibe which I love in my perfumes, and doesn't smell generic at all. Very tough to get a hold of nowadays, and definitely not worth the 100s of $ being charged on ebay, but a nice blast from the past if you can get your hands on it for a decent price. I like!

robertlee
robertlee

Bought it for my husband 20 yrs. ago loved it. Ralph Lauren please bring it back. It makes me want to go oh yeah, yes, yes, yes, and a few other things. I am very picky about men cologne but this one it was not loud and it stayed with you. the fragrance was unique quite mellow. I haven't found anything close to that fragrance since.

darren1
darren1

I bought a small 1/4 oz bottle back in the late 80s. I wore it sparingly, as I had others that I wore more often. Then I put it away and forgot about it for more than a decade. 10 years ago I found it and wore it on holidays. It was my Christmas day cologne. EBay has supplied me with a few big bottles.I smell pine in this. Defiantly woody, but very classy and not at all aquatic. Strong and long lasting, this is a powerhouse.

krmarich
krmarich

Once upon a time-1985, I had a bottle of Monagram. This was back in the day when Ralph Lauren had clout and was more respected. After Polo and Chaps was everywhere at the time, this was a cleaner alternative. It never caught on, unfortunately. It was better than most things on the market at the time. That makes it lightyears ahead of anything today.

I loved the blue bottle(its fine ribs felt great in my hand) and its contents were exceptional. It was dry, sharp and very tidy with lots of notes playing off each other( I think the tree above is off). I remember it as more a "woody chypre" than anything. Indeed, there were florals and those fantastic chypre accords-vetiver, patcholi and oakmoss. The nose is not listed. A shame.

If it wasnt so pricey now, I would get another bottle. My original was around $15. Paradise lost, indeed!

This is musky, though not super musky. It's certainly got some sweetness but it's not overboard, and it's a little syrupy. It's rather blended, but I'd say there is an animalic/leather aspect, along with patchouli and oakmoss. Florals are also present, and they are heavy/damp, but again, difficult to detect as individual notes (I'd guess powdery iris/orris root, rose, and jasmine,). There seems to be some spice and a touch of herb. It has some elements of vintage Chaps, though this one is not as leathery, dusty, or animalic, and instead is more floral. There is no obvious lavender and it's certainly no fougere. There is a vague note supplying a little "structure" to it, but I can't identify it, probably light wood and/or vetiver. One thing noteworthy about this fragrance is that is possesses a kind of "cool" quality that prevents it from feeling too heavy and dense; I wish I knew what is was! This is as good as any niche, if this is what you're seeking.

Monogram by Ralph Lauren 3.77 out of 5 based on 13 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Monogram fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Monogram, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Monogram by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Monogram by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme Yves Saint Laurent M7 Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Fraicheur Montana Montana Parfum d'Homme Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men Yves Saint Laurent Kouros John Varvatos John Varvatos Hugo Boss Boss Spirit Alain Delon Iquitos Shiseido Basala Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman Salvador Dali Salvador Dali Pour Homme Aramis Havana Oscar de la Renta Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo Dior Eau Sauvage Michael Kors Michael for Men Hermes Bel Ami Chanel Egoiste Houbigant Duc de Vervins