Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Polo Black Ralph Lauren for men

tropical
Polo Black Ralph Lauren for men Videos

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Polo Black was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Negrin. The fragrance features sandalwood, tonka bean, patchouli, mango, sage, tangerine, lemon and wormwood.

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Patchouli Mango Sage Tangerine Lemon Wormwood

Polo Double Black

Polo Black Fragrance Reviews

blake123
blake123

By far my favorite cologne from the Ralph Lauren House. It's really masculine with a tropical/ fruity side which makes it awesome. It's a pretty safe, sexy scent the ladies will love. This used to be my only frag last summer until i used it dry. Great for daytime, nighttime, summertime, wintertime or really anytime. Really, its a very versatile scent so if you want a signature scent this definitely can work. I'll probably end up buying again in the future i just don't need anymore frags right now.
I'd say the only downfall to this one is; the popularity. It's literally in every high school/college kids possession lol. I've smelled this scent on many people i know and thats kind of why i ended up with others out there, as there are plenty others to chose from. To the guy that just wants a good smelling cologne, who doesn't care about the popularity, this works. For someone who want's a unique, different scent, this might not be the best choice. Besides that, it works great, lasts long, and garners compliments from lots of women. Can't complain there!

vitor rd
vitor rd

One of my firsts fragrances, and still with me. Get compliments many times, for me, its the smell of modern man. Ice mango with wood and tonka base, very sexy and a little misterious, girls love it.

MSL
MSL

1 | The best perfume of 'Ralph Lauren', no doubt. A delicious aroma. Striking, elegant, pleasant; cold, sensual, ripe mango. 2 | Moderate range. Suitable longevity. 3 | Can be used during the day, evening and night: it is versatile.

OCNBreeze7
OCNBreeze7

It is all about body chemistry..!!

Holy Buckets..!! Polo Black is a classic fragrance that easily fits into my Top 5 cologne collection. The blend of citrus, fruity, and woodsy notes works well with my body chemistry that projects well and lasts a solid eight (8) hours, even longer on clothing. While there are "nay-sayers" out there, Black works for me, A+ in the "Wow Factor" with frequent compliments. Given the strong woodsy notes at dry down, Black is geared more for fall and/or winter, but with fairly noticeable citrus/fruity notes, it offers the versatility to be worn for any occasion or time of year. First class fragrance, Mr. Lauren..!! Thank you...

Solid recommendation to add in your fragrance collection - Polo Black 4.8 stars out of 5... It rocks..!!

Daily I.M. - "Shoot for the stars. If you don't reach the stars, you may grab hold of the moon... Enjoy life... "

theXRC
theXRC

Blimey! Polo Black is awesome. I'm not going into notes and all that but it is one of the best things I have ever had the pleasure of smelling. I instantly smile when I spray it on. I will however, address the potency.

I'm always amused when someone claims it only lasts 30 minutes, or a couple hours. Those are the people, who when casually met at a bar, or the workplace, or at the grocery who choke you with their over-sprayed colognes when passing by at a few feet.

Longevity is fine. But only for those with taste I assume. If you happen to get into my personal space, even after 5 or 6 hours after application, funny! I get compliments. Just because you can't smell it does not mean everyone around you can't. Wake up and stop overspraying. Your nose can't smell it anymore because it has been de-sensitized. Aside from my regular job, I work one day a week at an organic farm. After an hour I can't smell cattle and hog crap, but I sure as hell can smell coffee brewing from the farmhouse 100 yards away! Can't think of a better example to prove my point.

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

This is probably the weakest fragrance I have ever tried, and I have tried many.
So I sprayed this on while I was out shopping today, seemed like a decent fragrance at first, but unfortunately it had vanished within 30 minutes.
Bearing in mind I have good skin when it comes to fragrances, most frags in my collection even the ones that are considered weak by many people last at least 6 hours on me. The poor longevity of Polo Black is really disappointing because to be honest while it lasted it was a really great smell.

mjunio14
mjunio14

Comprei no escuro em uma promoção e fiquei com uma expectativa bem grande com relação a esse menino. Não sei porque criei tanta expectativa, não gosto de manga HAHAHA!

Usei por 4 vezes e não me adaptei.
Irritou minha garganta todas as 4 vezes, o aroma é bem diferente, talvez seja até unico (não posso afirmar porque não conheço muitos perfumes).

A nota de manga toma conta do perfume, não consegui identificar outras notas.

Fixação para uma saídinha a noite é até aceitavel (no meu ponto de vista). Fixou 5~6 horas na minha pele e projetou super bem.

Testei nas noites de verão, talvez seja por isso que não me adaptei a fragrancia, acabei passando para o meu pai. Nem sei se ele está usando o Polo Black.

Talvez o Polo Black se saia melhor em noites mais amenas, com temperatura na casa dos 25 graus, talvez, não tenho certeza.

EDIT: Testei ele a noite com temperatura de 20 graus e continuou não me agradando.

EDIT 2: Meu irmão usou e ficou com garganta inflamada e nariz entupido no outro dia, então o problema não foi so comigo, será que pode ser um lote ruim? Antes que venham falar que é falsificado, comprei na sephora rs

Guinea54

This is a big compliment getter for me. A lot of girls have complimented me when wearing this fragrance.. that is its biggest selling point. As far as the smell.. its extremely fresh to me. It makes me feel EXTREMELY fresh and clean. i know it is supposed to be a dark fragrance, but it doesn't work that way for me. Its like a green/floral semi sweet smell mixed in with almost a fresh out of the laundry cotton t shirt.. If you ever took out cotton t shirts out of the laundry and got that refreshing very clean kind of smell.. That is like the base that carries all the other notes. the mango isn't really obvious for me. mine almost smells more like blueberries than mango.

smell- 9 out of 10..
compliments 10 out of 10
longevity- 7 /10
projection- 7 /10

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

Nice safe Cologne . Does not last very long. I find that it does have a moderate amount of sillage in the first hour if f you bathe in it. Nothing really special about nothing really bad about it. I find it mild and fruity.

Ranger0987
Ranger0987

Awesome for about 15 min...then, gone.

MrStinky
MrStinky

Smells really nice but the sillage & longevity are non existant. The only thing offensive is the price. Save your money, by a sample on eBay to see for yourself.

I won't be buying any unless they improve it.

usas
usas

Wow, what an opening! Everytime it's a pleasant surprise to me. Natural, fresh, spicy, masculin original. I want to smell like this! After a while the scent dries down and a more sweet, warm smell gets through. Still good, but compared to the topnotes a little boring.
Recommended and far better than Polo Blue (a totally different fragrance but it shares the Polo-name).

lbullard
lbullard

I have used my brother in laws and I cant get any lasting power out of it at all. I think for what the Ralph Lauren costs many better choices and this is just my opinion. It is nice when first applied and if it last on your body great. I found this longevity problem with Azzaro sport but not with the original which I quite like. LB

Ali76
Ali76

Could not resist to buy this again for various reasons. Fragrance itself is deep, dark, rich one that gives the feelings of sophistication and elegance, which makes it a formal evening wear or go to meeting EDT. At the same time, it is exotic and sexy and warm, which gets tons of compliments, especially from ladies. Lasting and sillage is above average for me if I use it in cooler weather or environment.

One winter evening a biker stopped by my car at the traffic signal. He literally followed me just to ask what I am wearing. He said that I was mesmerized by the smell at the signal :) It can project this well.

A must have for those who like deep dark yet modern smells. What else can I ask for from an EDT?

roll4fun
roll4fun

Polo Black starts out with a pleasantly solid tropical fruit note with just a slight hint of woods. On several 65-72 degree early evenings, got 4 hours longevity from this- not bad considering that my skin eats up several frags within 2 hours.

Throughout the evolution, the fruity notes start to fade, but never completely disappear after 1-2 hours.
I agree with some prior posters about older brother Polo Blue having better longevity/projection.

Still, I'd happily reach for Polo Black as a changeup scent.

Ayl
Ayl

بوی خاصی داره . بیشتر میوه ای و گرمسیریه . مردونه است . ماندگاریش بد نیست و پخش بوی متوسطی داره . خیلی خوشبو و خواستنیه . یه بوی سبک و بهاری که یه خرده گرفته و خفه است و همین جذاب و مرموزش میکنه . بوی تکی داره . های کلاس و گرون جلوه میکنه . ء

Berner
Berner

Agree with others--POOR longevity.
I like Polo blue much better, and it lasts longer.

Not great this one....but not bad. Pierre Negrin pops up again the same day I re trial encounter and then this straight after...I had no idea he was responsible for both?
Anyway...this to me has the mango of eau de Lacoste Red and is very reminiscent of Bvlgari Aqva Toniq just not as salty.
That's my review a mix of two scents I own but don't really even like that much...the Lacoste is lovely but has no depth and dies on its arse after 1/2 hour on my skin and the Toniq is a disappointment because it's too salty and doesn't retain enough characteristics of the Aqva original.
The verdict is...unfortunately I don't like it!

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

received compliments on this..but too many people wear this so ill pass

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

Poor sillage, and the longevity is only ok... The scent is a masterpiece though. No doubt.

I love wearing this over-priced beauty.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: poor
LONGEVITY: average
SCENT: fruity/dark
VALUE FOR MONEY: poor

OVERALL: 7.5/10
---------------------------------------------

alexander.cobabe
alexander.cobabe

This is a smooth man smell. It has an inoffensive richness to it. I really want to get this one but its a bit too high in price.

Pattyg
Pattyg

For those who like dark perfumes, this is a nice perfume but I would recommend "Seduction in black" to this cause the longevity on this one sucks compared to "Seduction in Black". At this is twice as expensive.

tomerits
tomerits

i love this scent,i know that longevity is not great but i recommend to use it in fall/winter time,the longevity & silage are much better in cold weather.(i get a good 5-7hrs) , the more i wear it the more i love it.
my rank 4/5.

gd15329
gd15329

I’ve checked some of the POLO line today with high expectations, but unfortunately I was let down...
OVERALL: Not a bad teenage scent 9-15 years of age. Nothing more than that.

perfume Big Pony 2: chocolate? Where? No-no-no just a clean linear un-spiced musky scent

perfume Polo Black: fruity? You are joking right? You’ve must be joking... This was the greenest smell (weak though) I’ve ever smelled (and God I hate greens so much – damn you GIT- sorry I just have to say that out loud) Even the seller told me “fruity? On the contrary sir, you’ve must be mistaken. It’s very masculine though, buy it” (I gave her the Sheldon's look of exhaustion and ever so slight amusement for that)

perfume Polo Double Black: Now this was quite interesting (very weak skin scent) but... no coffee not a hint.

perfume Polo Explorer: Now, If had a gun on my head obliging me to buy one polo it would be this one definitely – the best of what I tried from polo line so far. But... you get the picture...

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

Polo Black opens with a sweet, fruity mango note and settles down into a fresh, clean, muddled woodsy/faintly spicy aroma. Polo Black smells very pleasant to me and is a welcome departure from Polo's blue and green fragrances.

Polo Black is refreshing, clean, inoffensive and, like all Ralph Lauren's Polo fragrances, "preppy".

Projection is moderately close and longevity is average. This is a good fall/winter scent that can be worn in all age groups. This is a very nice, casual fragrance. I give Polo Black 7/10.

601red
601red

Nice, but not at all exciting.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that although the scent is fine, it doesn't stir up any emotions or mood for me.
I just don't know when I would wear this... it doesn't have character, although it smells nice....

eliweisz
eliweisz

My second 4oz bottle of Polo Black is nearly empty, and I know there will be a third, maybe a fourth, too.
Nice well-balanced composition, rich and fruity. Fresh opening. Right amount of sweetness. Lovely sandalwood. Longevity is below average (it can be improved in fall/winter, just spray a little bit on your sweatshirt/pullover). Great drydown, woody-powdery, very pleasant. I wish it had better projection - otherwise, no complaints. Quiet masculine scent, recommended.

jbmcunanan
jbmcunanan

Didn't like the first spray (as i thought it was too strong) but soon as it settled on to my skin, it smelled sooo good! Smells tropical fruity on me. This is going to replace my lacoste white as my sig scent, the better longevity wins.

4.9 out of 5 (0.1 to give way for a better scent i haven't smelled yet)

A Fairly typical aquatic men's fragrance with an added spike of woody notes. Rather nice

asheble93
asheble93

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren:

Scent: Opens with a sweet fruit accord, where mango is the dominant note. Right under that is tonka, which always seems to give scents a certain thick/rich feel. This helps PB by making it more versatile for cooler weather. Finally there is sage which gives it that balmy feel in the drydown; and patchouli, which in my opinion makes this smell somewhat similar to Fahrenheit. Overall development is: Mango...less mango more balmy.
6.0

Sillage/Longevity:
Pretty average (a couple of hours and a foot or so)
5.0

Overall:
A nice scent that ventures a little outside of the mold, but still retains that mainstream feel (which is good). A people pleasing fragrance for casual wear, day or night. I would recommend this to individuals who aren't quite totally new, but instead are looking for something adventurous, but not too bold.
5.5

dmirror

Nice manly scent by polo its a smooth fragrance this is my rainy day gloomy day scent its a clean year round scent but i like to wear it on those gloomy days I've gotten plenty of compliments with it its a different kind of smell its nice try it out on your skin its a good one longevity is good too around 7 to 8hrs.

ariel_219
ariel_219

Esta no es la clásica fresca común, abre totalmente diferente con una explosión de bergamota y hierbas que automáticamente se ven opacadas por un halo frutal que sigue a la fragancia hasta que toca su fondo en un acto de acentuación cálida, pero fresca.

apierce1991
apierce1991

I definitely don't like the initial smell... For some reason, it smells heavily of pepper on my skin. But after a few minutes, the frag settles and becomes very warm and tropical. I like it, but I don't plan on spending money on it again any time soon.

I'd like to add that the deodorant spray is really nice as well, and it's great to keep in the gym bag.

vitilsky
vitilsky

To those who are saying it's "sweet". NO. 212 by CH is sweet, or CH for Men. Boss Bottled is sweet. Body Kouros is sweet. This, my dear, is dark and fresh with a hint of natural mango "that was smashed into juice by wooden sticks" tangy sweetness, very different, sort of how the good quality vanilla hits you, sweet but suble. The mix of mango, patchouli and sandalwood works, don't ask me why. I would have put some musk in it, but nevermind.

Already a classic, but surpassed by others.

juan carlos.henriquez

este esta entrando rapidamente en mi top 6, tuve 30 ml de este y ahora deceo fuertemente mis 125, huele tan fresco y varonil, el mango helado con sandalo y otras especias, realmente es una bomba de cumplidos y un aroma muy distintivo, perfecto para una noche y un dia, fabuloso. en mi top 6 defenitivamente.

smellnips
smellnips

i love this scent, perfect for everyday use, i prefer it at night but thats just me, perfect mix of sweet and masculine, the women around me also love it, makes me feel the sexy

Ups925
Ups925

Perfect everyday scent. Thrives in summer heat, has a great icy tinge in winter, all around fresh and is a complete compliment getter.

Iced mango, a great and distinct breakaway from the aqua di gio clones. No orange, lime, lemon or citric notes here despite the fact that I lump it into that category. Ive gone through numerous bottles of this stuff.

Very inoffensive and safe, hard to overdo on this one too. Perfect for teens, but works for everyone else too. Such a wonderful fresh clean scent.

LuxWaltz
LuxWaltz

This cologne did not appeal to me, when I first smelled it. But after smelling it on a dear friend of mine, I started to like it. After he moved away, I bought one for myself haha.. This cologne is now one of my favorites!

It's a really nice and casual fragrance. Longevity is pretty ambiguous (on my skin, anyway).
The first time I wore it, I couldn't smell it after three hours or so. But the second time I wore it, I went out, came back home around midnight, fell asleep and I could still smell it all night long. It's only gone after I took my morning shower!!

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

Es elegante, pero hay una nota (no se cual) que hace que no me termine de gustar. Es muy usado, pero discreto, no es tan famoso como el Aqua di Gio, 212 o el One million, pero es bien reconocible!!
No es de mi gusto, pero no es malo, es mas, es buen perfume. Pero yo no lo usaría.

ldanjr@yahoo.com
ldanjr@yahoo.com

Manly. Not too expensive. I dig it.

browne54
browne54

Me like. Ralph Lauren has yet to steer me wrong. This one is interesting. It opens fruity almost in a tropical sense, hence the iced mango note, but is simultaneously contrasted with dark and rather seductive notes. I can really pick out the sandalwood and patchouli notes. Its composition kind of reminds me of Lush's "Breath of God". Not in the nature of their smell but in their logic: fruity with dark smoky-esque wood notes. Overall I am pleased with Black. I find it works better in the cooler months but can definitely be pulled off in summer so long as you keep a trigger happy finger at bay. It is elegant and classy and delivers, as Mr. Lauren's fragrances always do.

chaitea03
chaitea03

INSTANT THUMBS UP.

So many compliments on this one! I've wasted no time making this my new signature scent. It's a fresh and playful scent, perfectly balanced out with undertones of mystery and allure. A well-balanced fragrance. Very distinctly masculine, yet without coming off as too overpowering for the womenfolk. You will be lusted after. It's quite comforting scent, as my girlfriend described it. A warm scent for the ladies, with just enough of a sultry edge that gives off the signal that you aren't one to mess around with. Quite seductive. The notes of mango add an extra exotic twist to this amazing fragrance, without over-feminizing. For the modern man.

"Double Black" disappoints. It's more generic, flat, and not as energetic.

WayneDN
WayneDN

I found this to be a bit weak and not long lasting. Also, a nice cologne for someone under 30.

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

This smells almost identical to Paco Rabanne Black XS. It's a bit spicier/woodier though. I personally don't like Black XS but this one is a bit better. It is a pretty versatile and a youthful fragrance.

mersilover84
mersilover84

i dont know. i've tried this on my skin a few times over the past several months, and i have to say...i like it. i dont LOVE it, but i'll be wearing it casually in the summer for sure. If you dont want to waste your edition blanche and dior homme sport, terre d'hermes, etc, you can definitely rock this. it smells like a really nice body wash. dont be so snooty, and just appreciate it for what it is.

trickykid300
trickykid300

This is an amazing fragarance. Its surprizingly complex. I thought I would get sick of smelling mango all day. But the mango is only sharp for about an hour and really enjoyable...i wish it lasted longer sometimes...but it mellows down to very pleasing masculine scent that sits on top of the mango. It could be a summer signature for someone for sure. You will stand out among the millions of aquatics out there.

I want to wear fruit frags for the summer and I'm stuck between this, Dior higher black, and Chanel blue. I own all three and just alternate. Although Chanel Blue is becomeing really popular real fast.

Definitely worth a try, its ambitious and very well done.

snypa32
snypa32

one of my most complimented ...i love it

Caffeinya
Caffeinya

This is the sweetest scent of a manly, attractive and classy guy. It's simply perfect in each way; it's not overpowering, it's impossible that it will make you dizzy because it has a really strong smell, that will simply not happen.

It's also the fragrance of a really confident man who knows who he is and what he wants, and doesn't need a really woody or leathery aroma to stand out by himself, instead; a man like this will use this cologne to accentuate his presence.

It's classy and subtle, for men who are really self-confident and know themselves well; because with this, you for sure will have a lot of people complimenting you on how good you smell.

I, as a woman, find this smell addictive, entrancing and pretty sensual. SEDUCTIVE would be the word, it's simply amazing.

Mattybono
Mattybono

I have nothing but love for Polo Black. It is a very handsome, masculine fragrance that is perfect for the office or nights out. The mango opening is fresh and sweet and stays on throughout as the deeper spicy notes come in, meshed with a dash "Polo" signature muskiness.
This is a solid choice and a definite "buy" because it is very dependable and non-offensive. I get great longevity 7-9 hours on average with 4 sprays. (8.5 out of 10)

Diogo maggini
Diogo maggini

This is a compliment getter!!! Actually, its not my favorite frag, but i got more compliments with this scent that using beasts like Armani Code or 1 million. I really dont no why!!! Its also a very versatile perfume, that can be worn in all the seasons.

Smell - 7/10 - I like it.

Sillage - 7/10 - Average frag.

Longevity - 7/10 - Its not week on my skin, but many guys complain of that.

Versatility - 9/10.

Compliments - 10/10 - My mom, my girlfriend, my sister and even the doorman really enjoy this scent... The compliment factor with this one is through the roof.

Vincheng
Vincheng

Questo profumo è un capolavoro! Diverse donne, quando lo porto, mi chiedono che fragranza sia ...
lo consiglio a tutti...forse il migliore di Ralph Lauren

BennyVega
BennyVega

I love this stuff, it's my signature frag. There's nothing "black" about it...it should be Polo Orange or Yellow. It's a very bright, fresh, sporty scent with some woody undertones.

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

i really wanted to like this scent..but sadly it's not working on me. I gave it a try on the paper and it was ok. Tried on the skin and it was like mango balm. Yuk!! Gave me a headhache. But still i wanted to bear with it and see how it progresses. But even then, it didnt change in to what i expected. It was boring and made me sick to my stomache.

Will never buy it.

kristine oh
kristine oh

Seduce me with this scent! Musky, masculine and mysterious. My kind of thing! :P

Zenith
Zenith

Black in name only. Not one of the notes in it is remotely dark. Maybe it should be polo yellow or orange to represent a lighter and fruity fragrance than the original behemoth of the original Polo.

It is very nice and clean but quite non-descript for me. Not something that is likely to impress a lot of people or get you noticed, but for a lazy casual day you could do a lot worse. If I had not got my bottle for free I don't think I would get this. Double Black is better, Original is better.

Wear with shorts and a t-shirt

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

Clean. Sharp. Bold. Masculine. Great.

It's a classic scent and probably works for any guy.

Its definitely a dark scent, but to my surprise...its zesty...orangey...and I guess what others are calling "tropical"

Its interesting.

The small sample I have of it I use it on my black pillows before I get into bed, and its very masculine and comforting.

However today I wore a nice sexy black sweater and decided I would spritz a little of this cologne on as well to match my outfit.

I recommend this as a signature scent for a dark haired guy: confident, masculine, and clean.

James Lewis
James Lewis

I like the way this cologne smells but not to wear it on myself when I go out.It reminds me of a fruit basket that I like to smell but I dont want to smell like a basket of fruit!

Markx
Markx

I don't know why some perfumes go bad next to the smell of cigarettes or other strong smells, it could be that their ingredients are less stable and tend to mix easily with other smells or I might have a bad bottles of those perfumes which I doubt it. When I got Polo Black, I didn't think highly of it, I felt it was another generic perfumes with a new name and a nice packaging but the perfume had a nice smell plus it was very stable and didn't lose itself easily like many other perfumes no matter how expensive they are, I wish all the perfumes in the world are like Polo Black in it's amazing stability.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Polo Black is very sharp and sexy fragrace to wear on a date or out clubbing with the fellas. Nightlife fragrace at its best

Bassplant
Bassplant

So many people have said so many things about Polo Black that it's hard to know what can still be helpfully added...

My thoughts: first, I was so excited to see that Polo was putting out a scent that supposedly uses the mango note. I LOVE mango, and I had yet to smell a good cologne or EDT utilizing this wonderful fruit. So I was excited to smell Polo Black, expecting a very sweet, delicious mango scent.

Well, that's not exactly what I got. Can I smell the mango? After the initial top blast of complexities settles down, yes! You can definitely smell the mango. In fact, it's the most important note I smell during dry down. But is it sweet? Not at all, not to my nose. It has a stinging smokey quality (very masculine) which takes away the sweetness for me.

This is not a bad thing. Very unexpected to be able to smell a strong mango scent without it being sweet. But I like it! It's very nice, in fact. Suprising to me! Think of a smokey mango, not 'grilled' smokey - but rather tabacco-esque smokey (which I assume is the combo of sandalwood and patchouli). Thank goodness the tonka bean is practically nonexistent to my nose, because I feel that would have ruined it. It's a sophisticated scent that is strong and long-lasting with mango (not sweet!) and smoke as the primary scents during dry-down, on my skin. It's very nice!

cdefencer333
cdefencer333

I sampled this fragrance for awhile and liked it so much I went for the 6.7floz bottle.

Some people have commented that this frag is a bit generic, and I can't really argue that. If you're looking for something special from polo, I would say check double black out. That being said, PB is still a great fragrance with moderate longevity and a sillage that I think is modest yet clearly present.

The very top notes are harsh and somewhat synthetic, but it all gets better from there. The mango is present in just the right amount. 4 sprays to the chest holds a noticeable sillage on me for an average of 6 hours, not bad.

This is an expensive EDT, but I really enjoy it and would definitely recommend it.

erik.siqueira
erik.siqueira

For me Polo Black is "comfortably numb". A top fresh (numb) note quickly disapear in my skin and a sweet mango note rise and persist for 2 hours of projection, taking warn and "comfortably" in the drydown when the sandalwood and fava tonka predominate. It's a classy and versatility fragance, not complex.

The longevity in my skin is so great, about 7hours, better than AHS.

Dougczar
Dougczar

This is a nice multi-purpose scent. It is clean and refreshing, but it is not a bright citrus ("sport") scent. It is classy and refined, but it is not thick and heavy. The mango takes the lead, and it does it quite well. I wish more men's fragrances would incorporate mango.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to last all that long. If you need something for a few hours (tops), this is a nice choice...

vicente.zacatenco
vicente.zacatenco

Es un perfume muy agradable. Predomina la esencia de mango y maderas con un toque cítrico de fondo. Además tiene una muy buena duración en la piel y la ropa, es de los perfumes que al otro día todavía se puede oler la esencia en la ropa.

fisken23
fisken23

Two girls sniffed my neck at work this morning... =)

rhydian
rhydian

Well in my quest for a new day to day scent I got some of this in a gift set, I like it however it really doesn't fit my personality, which is that of one of Captain Morgans deck hands, so I am looking for something a bit spicier but not warm and a little bit less metrosexual. It also dies after 3 hours in a moderate work environment. It does indeed smell yummy Like a fragrant Mango flavored Sandalwood, it is very aromatic when its still working. Basically everyone likes the stuff but they like it in the way a woman likes a scented candle, and gay men love this stuff. For every woman that compliments you a gay man will do the same thing, I think they need to just put this stuff in a candle and call it a day. Has a good neutral effect on people but doesn't last long and is very neutral in its smell and who it effects. Probably a GREAT choice for job interviews.

FORCED_TO_REGISTER
FORCED_TO_REGISTER

I received a Polo Black as Christmas gift years ago..

At first..I found it so weird..I couldn't even distinguish any note in it!!!

And I remember..I said I don't like it!

Well..I guess it's time to apologize for saying so.
Now I really do like it & it is one of my favourites.

At first, I caught the tangarine! Not after drying down!!!
Then I noticed the mangoooooooo..

I can't deny..it's so unique..nothing else like Polo Black.

It's modern, deep, classy..& UNIQUE!
That's the label for this one..UNIQUE!

Oh..and Nacho did well in that commercial..! ;)

I would buy another one for sure.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

A very fresh, tropical, enjoyable, unique and pleasant opening that makes good use of citric fruit over spice and greens to capture a wide range of moods, making it rather universal and best suited for a mass audience. A Ralph Lauren mantra since the manufacturing of Polo Blue that has suited them financially quite well, to say the least. Imbues a bit of Caribbean flair with a rather synthetic but fairly well blended mango and tangerine accords that press nicely against the sage and greener qualities. These elements are then layered over a prominently spicy patchouli presence that within 10-15 minutes starts to get creamier as the tonka bean becomes more prominent.
The first 20-30 minutes are when Polo Black really shines, with the citrus taking full control and not allowing the patchouli and rather stale sandalwood note to reach center stage. A great seller in this respect, as the top and middle are very nicely done and find just the right balance between citric, herbal, and spicy, the perfect amount of time to sample, purchase and exit before realizing that Polo Black may not be all its cracked up to be.
The problem unfortunately lies with the rather uninspired and bland basenote formulation, which lacks a dark and brooding presence to give it depth and muscle. The patchouli is far too prominent and cloying during the drydown and the tonka bean just doesn´t seem to hold as well as it should, struggling to emancipate itself from the restraint of the overemphasized patchouli and highly synthetic sandalwood. One can only imagine what a little tobacco or leather accord or a more prominent and improved organic tonka bean accord could have done for Polo Black to make it truly exceptional.
This is nice, department store fodder but doesn´t have the same elegance and charm of Armani Code, which does a far finer job of finding a balance between cream, spice and citrus. Leans more in the direction of a skin scent and does seem to imbue the wearer with a sweet and creamy synthetic charm that does give this a certain versatility perfect for fall, spring or winter; day or night; casual or formal.
Projection may be a bit below average on most skin but longevity seems to tremendously vary based on individual chemistry and environmental circumstances. I have gotten as little as 3-5 hours and as much as 10-12 hours, with colder weather climates generally inducing a longer stay of the patchouli and sandalwood residue.
Certainly nothing to turn away from initially, Polo Black is very enchanting in its initial applications but after a few wearings quickly becomes tiresome to even the most loyal Ralph Lauren patrons. Blame it on the patchouli and sandalwood?

pomdgf
pomdgf

This is very sexy men fragrance when I first sniff. I decided to purchase suddenly and I agree that this one is belong to working man or woman. Personally, I like to wear Black with black shirt and denim and hang out with my friends and dancing. The base note is incredibly sexy. I adore tonka bean in this bottle. Got many compliments even a guy.

Shahf
Shahf

Nothing beats this i can say simply awesome, sophisticated & soo pleasent it has everything to be not anything ordinary & also in this modern world from my view & girls love it;), so far the best i have smelled from RL fragrance besides Polo classic with the golden cap. Highly recommended for a ( MAN ) in there collection! Thumbs UP!

vascobgs
vascobgs

The tone of the manga is the best mark already entered on a scent. Versatile and can be used in the heat here in Brazil, day or night, work and romantic encounters. One of my favorite fragrances, always praised by smell feminine.

haasemanzi
haasemanzi

Ralph Lauren is the best mansion represents the modern men!!!!!

sniff-sniff
sniff-sniff

Smells like most-other recently introduced men's fragrances - like a generic walking fruit salad. A Slight improvement over Polo Blue, which was a huge disappointment for my wife, as she paid big bucks for something I'd never laid a nostril on. The wife likes Black a bit more, so it will get worn, but I save the better scents for those BIG occasions...

juan carlos.henriquez

atrae tanto perotanto a las mujeres q es increible, chicas preguntar y preguntar q usas, muchas veces se turnaban para oler mi cuello, huele muy impresionante, si quieren narises femeninas a tu lado, usenloooo

cbehr64
cbehr64

Polo Black has been my signature scent since i was 18. Its a mature scent yet at the same time youthful. Its easy to wear a very masculine scent, but doesnt give me any headachy feeling that a lot of strong masculine scents give me. There is nothing else that smells quite like polo black... its classic. The iced mango and tonka bean give it a sweetness that is nicely balanced by the dryness of the sandlewood. Longevity is moderate about 5 hours, its definitely suitable for night time or a date. My girlfriend loves it... she finds it to be an incredibly sexy smell and she doesn't like a lot of guys cologne, so for her to love it then it must be appealing lol. Just a great mens cologne for anyone!

enriquesolisjimenez
enriquesolisjimenez

I bought it yesterday, wearing it today, i am really happy with RLPB, I was a little aware of this fragrance, my first polo, but it is really nice, clean and sexy,you can wear it every season, actually i am from a warm country and PB is perfect smells very good on me

happychub
happychub

This is cool, deep,and gorgeous men's fragrance. This one stay on me more than 8 hours. Thumbs up

rafiqi
rafiqi

just bought it from the mall.. this is brilliant. the smell of mango is so aromatic and i find it sexy. the longevity is just moderate and i can wear polo black in any occasion. the best path is my wife love it. enough said!

costaleo
costaleo

This is a scent that I bought because I thought I'd liked it. Kind of a blind buy. The fact is that when I got it I regreted and almost swapped it, but I decided to give it another chance.

Meanwhile, the term in the school where I teach starts and I notice that one of my students wears it, and it smells amazing on him. Like magic, I start to enjoy it too. The mango that bothered me does not anymore. Actually, I find it very unique. It lasts hours and hours on my skin, I get a lot of compliments and best of all, it goes so well with my chemistry that I don't even recognize when other people wear it; at least for my perception, the smell on my skin makes it very special and unique for me.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

Am not a RL fan, I actually never have ever liked any, well... not not liked, rather none has ever "caught my nose" This is however the ONLY RL fragrance I have EVER contemplated buyin, after experiencin what one can do with the mango note, I tried this one and found it very appealing, its sillage is not the best cause it tends to stay put but its nice, preferable for colder days and maybe spray alittle more to extend its longevity... it kinda doesnt stay that long on me. All in all 3.5/5

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

There are not so many fragrances in the market which leave an impact on the user but this one does so, it is one of the best among the woody/aromatic genre, though not unique but at the same time not so common also. It is a nice and inoffensive masculine fragrance gives a fresh feelings and bold attitude to the wearer. It stays quite linear and transition of notes is least noticeable. Projection is above average with fair longevity.
I give it 7.8 out of 10.

greystone

This fragrance does smell good,but I feel it is more suitable as an air freshner then as a mans cologne.Its just to fruity smelling,I use my bottle as an air freshner in my car.To expensive for an air freshner,next time Ill just buy some tropical Glade.

yilmazg
yilmazg

I have no idea why RL named this one Polo Black as there is nothing dark about this fragrance. Still it is a good woody, fruity aromatic type fragrance. The fruity opening is warm, after 1 hour or so it starts to become musky-woody. The sillage is average and longevity is so so about 4-5 hours. The cologne is very suitable to be worn to work. It is pleasant, warm and youthful. But dark? No. This one should have been named Polo Orange.

greystone

This is an overrated fragrance by R.L.It has a good scent for about ten minutes but doesnt last long and if youre looking for that fruity mens scent then Id suggest buying Stetson Black and save yourself about 40.00.I cant belive men want to smell like fruit baskets,I know this is a liberated age we are living in but why would a man want to smell like he just went produce shopping,because thats what this fragrance will make you smell like.Really,whatever happend to men smelling like men and not like a travelling group of French Can Can dancers.A woman wants a man to smell like a man,not like her older sister who just got off work from the farmers market.

hichristiangoodbye
hichristiangoodbye

This was one of the perfumes I used in high school really it is manly and people would say you smell and more compliments. My favorite up until in Polo's line of frags. i'd recommend this to anyone and can be used all year round.

aizat26
aizat26

this smell really good an manly. Suitable for working man rather than teenager.

I just want to say, all Polo fragrance are suittable for working man. The smell of the fragrances are very manly and masculin.

CHEERS to Polo for keeping up a good job on creating a manly fragrance!!

Anup
Anup

This is an EXCELLENT fragrance for someone first getting into the reviewing shin-dig. The notes are EASILY recognizable and bold. I first received this fragrance about 5 years ago for christmas (set of RL minis) and this one was my FAVORITES(By the way this is GREAT for the fall/winter)!
I found myself often abusing the poor mini, shaking it and pounding on it until i was thoroughly drenched in the juice.
No one seemed to mind though (may have something to do with the projection), and i always got compliments from men and women alike!
MANGO LOVERS REJOICE, the first 1 to 3 hours of this are VERY heavy on mango, it's spot on too, simply astounding. After it's had time to settle, the sage beings to mingle with the woods and patchouli, creating a very sophisticated sweetness with plenty of body to support it properly.

The top:

Sunny, syrupy and sticky mango oozes on your skin, exactly like the way ones fingers would smell right after digging into one and devouring it swiftly.
I've always loved mangos, and when i'm at the super market i always make sure to go and smell them (one can smell them through their tough skin quite easily). Meanwhile, sage and lemon dance methodically to the background music, waiting for mango to tucker itself out so it can move in and jazz things up a bit.

The heart:

A warm vanilla-chocolate type coffee swirls it's lush creamy and warm foam around freshly smushed tonka beans, consuming it into itself.
The coffee in this one is very similar to the coffee found in DKNY be delicious men, save much more bold and realistic. I get the chocolate in the coffee from it's bold sweetness, and the vanilla from it's realistic smoothness (remember coffee always SMELLS smooth, but it doesn't always TASTE smooth ;). )

The base:

(I know it's not listed, but i smell it)Cardamom is so sneaky to my nose, like oak moss it sometimes assists in the cleaning up of a fragrance, or lends a hand in making it dirtier.
Regardless of that, it ALWAYS makes a fragrance have more of a "natural, this is my real body odor" type of accord. Not like armpits, but in a way similar to the smell of washed warm skin.
sage is the accord offering up it's rich refined musk-esque, greenish harsh sweetness, with a touch of "dustiness", and as always brings this fragrance to a very satisfying dry-down. Sandalwood and musk lend the overall life of the scent "a foot to stand on" so to speak along with a pinch of sea-salt in the "aftersmell".

I approve

Smell: 9
Longevity: 8
Sillage: (First application) 8 (Drydown) 6.5

bonovox
bonovox

As this is my first review I will keep it short and with a fragrance I'm very familiar with. I picked up Polo Black about a year ago and it has been a staple in my collection. I started wearing cologne at the age of 14 with the original Polo (green bottle) that everybody bathed themselves in, and have been hesitant to try a Polo fragrance for a while. While it is not the most elegant, sporty, sexy, professional, fragrance in my arsenal, it always does the job on any day of the year for any occasion. The notes are very balanced leaving a clean, fresh scent of sandalwood and a light citrus note. It does not project offensively, but it does have a good staying power of at least six hours. Recommended for anybody over the age of 25 that may shy away from Polo.

one thing I've noticed after wearing this for a few months is that I don't necessarily "love" it's fragrance on my skin, but I definitely get a lot of compliments from men and women after about two hours into it. I definitely think it is a nice change from the original green Polo, with a more mature scent.

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

My fiance wore it on our first date and still does, so there's the good memory association : ). It's masculine but isn't on a power trip, nor does it take itself too seriously. I love the citrus.

GiorgioArmaniLover!
GiorgioArmaniLover!

I love this perfume. And I would totally fall head over heels for any guy who wore this.

GrassHopper
GrassHopper

I'm a woman at twenty and something about this cologne makes me weak in the knees. It's very similar to Drakkar Noir to me, but much less gourmand. I love it and my ideal man would wear this or something like it.

mbmbmb
mbmbmb

I find this cologne very odd. When i smell this on the tester at stores it smells very good, so i bought it. Right when i spray it on my skin it smells delicious, but the dry down smell is extremely weird in my opinion, i do not really like it. It is not very long lasting. smell=8.5
smell on skin=6.5
longevity=6

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I dont know why i love this fragrance but i do. I find the balance between the mango and (even though its not in the list of notes)lavender very smooth.
I find it a very easy to wear anytime/anywhere and it always get a lot of comliments whilst wearing it.
Recently, i have been wearing a lot of fragrances that i probably would have dismissed during my initial fragrance quest (yes,basenotes.net can turn the most innocent of fragrance wearer into an absolute snob)and the simple reason is that at the end of the day i simply want to smell nice. So what if a fragrance is ubiquitous? I dont care if the droves wear,say, Boss in motion...it smells great!!!

I know there is a lot of negative comments regarding the longevity yet i have never had a problem.

omega_69
omega_69

My fiance got Polo Black as an unexpected Christmas gift for me. I didn't expect to like it, but since she always has, I figured I'd give it a fair shake. And what a pleasant surprise it was!

The opening isn't too strong, sharp, or heavy, even when applied with a little too much tenacity. The dry down, however, is absolutely fantastic on my skin and the longevity seems to last forever! I was totally blown away, especially since I didn't want to like it. I mean, it has the RL and Polo tags, and it's way too common. And this scent has gotten more praise from women around me than absolutely any other fragrance I wear. I figured it would be passe by now, but I guess not!

I realize that scents are different based on individual chemistry, but I'm honestly floored at how many women I know love this aroma, even though they probably smell it more consistently than most other colognes around. All of their husbands, boyfriends, uncles, sons, brothers, exes, etc. seem to wear it, but they still don't recognize it immediately.

Good job, RL! This one is definitely a keeper for me!

mjkded
mjkded

Reviews from me are now going to be on a pro/con type deal with number ratings. alright polo, your first test, Black

Pros: scent is very nice. completely inoffensive. the ladies dig it

Cons: skin scent (projection is lacking), same with longevity (it's lacking)

Numbers: 9/10 for smell. 3/10 for projection. 4/10 for longevity.

safetyjon
safetyjon

So much has already been said about Polo Black. It is not my favorite scent, but I don't understand all the negative comments. I certainly didn't have any type of negative reaction. I find the opening fresh, the middle green and enjoy the patchouli & woody (sometimes leathery) dry-down. Polo Black is not sweet, which is good because I dislike most sweet scents. Longevity is very good at +12 hours.

PB has a place in my rotation. I find it to be a very "professional" scent. The scent is not overbearing or loud. The sillage is not huge. It does not scream "cologne guy". The person wearing it can be taken seriously. I feel very comfortable wearing PB when meeting with senior leadership or high-level executives. I want to smell good, but I want to be sure to choose a "safe" fragrance that should not offend anyone. Overall a "Thumbs-up".

kkmathews
kkmathews

siliage is good but very close to the skin.... opening notes goes in a whif which is strong... Tangarine base does linger on.... fresh and sunny.. though Polo Green wins hands down in comparison.

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

Is it just me or do you guys also get that dirty, oily vibe from this? I got hints of native mangoes and A STRONG note of dirty oil hair from this. Try before you buy and consider the climate of your location.

Bapi
Bapi

I was presented a 100ml bottle of this EDT back in 2005 when I was touring Malaysia. And, that was it; I finished it and never bought another bottle.

I don't know why the notes are shown in stages, it really evolves in stages. But again, it's also true that the transformations between the opening, heart and drydown are not sharp. The first spray gives you an impression of concentrated ink for 4-5 seconds which, for the love of Ralph's name, goes away swiftly. Then the hint of lemon or lemon peel or some citrus are felt which is refreshing; this opening is pretty short lived.
Then the heart is clearly a peculiar thing, the listed notes don't show any berries or violet but my nose detects them along with sweet iced mango which stays around some time, may be 20 minutes.
The sandalwood (which is too mild to me), earthy patchouly and clean sage is detected after the heart fades. I don't know if I'm the first one but my nose really failed to detect tonka in the base note. Tonka isn't even discreet, it's just not there.

Having said that I feel the silage is unbelievably poor, it stays close to the skin basically. The longevity is high average. The smell is clean but it's nothing remarkable. And, that's the reason I never bought another bottle of it, and I know I won't ever buy another one.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I like double black alot more. I detect celery in this. It is nice but I expected more. I smelt in on a colleague years ago, liked it alot more back then.
I think this is good for the office, can be casual, maybe not romantic, definitely not for teens.

baronbvp
baronbvp

Hands down one of my go-to scents. Usable year round, day or night, though I wear it mostly in spring and summer. Cold, bright mango and cucumber lead to warm sandalwood and patchouli. Sillage is good but personal and not obtrusive. Professional, elegant office scent that transitions easily to an evening out, yet it's the one I also keep in my gym bag. This complex, delightful scent gets compliments from men and women alike, but they have to get close enough to smell it. A complete win by Ralph Lauren.

Guinea54

I really enjoy this fragrance a lot. It is actually one of my favorites. It is one of the freshest scents on my skin. It really is a super fresh smell on me for some reason. I really like it, and I get good longevity and projection from it too, which is rare i guess? Most colognes dont last on my dry skin, this one does. weird. thumbs up for me.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I don't detect "Black" when I absorb this, although very crisp and clean smelling. For the stern man, but not the jerk. It can be kind to the nose, or overbearing to your senses. Careful not to over apply. Due to the concentration, its ridiculous to own a 4.2 oz bottle of this... unless its the only fragrance you wear.

andrevarx
andrevarx

Not a bad EDT, but despite their very crisp notes of wood and the freshness of citrus notes of tangerine, the middle phase and base notes are too soft and dry, so it loses all the power of the opening notes.

The longlasting of this EDT is too low in my skin, no more than two hours drive. I recommend testing the longevity of the fragrance before buying. Preferential use night out.

Venom
Venom

Great everyday use during the day. better in winter or fall. I recommend it but its not a stand out type of scent.

Damani Code
Damani Code

It is masculine and versitle. I consider it a solid office scent with low to middle projection depending on application. It is a sweet mango mixing with a a mossy texture and perfect for spring/summer.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Another wonderful piece from Ralph Lauren Polo.

The scent reveals itself as dark, dry herbs, a hint of fruit and a respectable amount of sweetness.

This perfume is elegant, classy. Perhaps best suited for the office, evening occasions and special occasions.

periquito89
periquito89

When I finally tried it I thought "better than Double Black". But this scent doesn't smell good on hot weather, which just accentuate the mango note which is a rotten one here, completely different from the mango note present in Paco Black XS. So I must admit that Double Black smells better, even not liking it.

gundisalvus
gundisalvus

Este perfume me lo regaló mi viejo, por ende, es un perfume muy pero muy masculino. De todos los perfumes que tengo este es el más chongo.
Es muy amplio, a pesar de que tiene un olor intenso, es fresco y muy aromático, logrando una armonía espectacular. Es atemporal, se lo puede usar tanto en invierno o en verano. Particularmente lo uso para ir al trabajo. Sin embargo, te pide un porte, que aunque pueda ser un poco informal, siempre debe ser elegante onda de traje o de vestir, no me imagino alguien de sport o de jean por la calle oliendo a Polo Black. No pega ni ahí.
Ahora si te gustó este perfume y lo queres más fuerte, más intenso recomiendo el DOUBLE POLO BLACK.

dm8m
dm8m

one of my most favorite scents. it's very versatile.

i love it so much that i've already consumed 3 full bottles & always carry along a 30ml bottle in my bag.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Polo black is a nice fragrance but poor longevity can lead to a decision not to buy it.

I bought a vial the other day and tried it on. I found out that it is quite powdery as pointed out but still far less than Burberry Brit for men. I think its brother "Double black" is more fascinating to me. IMHO, sillage is average on me but longevity is short.

All in all. 7/10 for me due to a lack of projection and longevity. Thank you for reading :)

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Maybe I'm off on this one, but isn't this the Polo with the "iced" fruit note? To me it's fruitier than Blue, powderier (new word) than original Polo, and very safe to wear.

sawyer82
sawyer82

Average scent. I like very much the top notes, but after that, it becomes sweeter & sweeter & sweeter. Not for me, but not bad at all.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

YUUUUK!

Why I bought this? It's unusual and...BAD!

1/5 (this is the lowest note I gave on reviews)

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

I love it! My husband wears it! I love it so much that I find myself wishing I could wear it. Does anyone know of a womans perfume that smells similar to this?

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

great for summer. This cologne is like ice tea sweet and tasteful. It has many textures to it from earthy terrians,icy waters,and juicy fruits. It goes on as earthy and grassy then transforms into a juicy mango iced tea. the dry-down is floral/woodsy. So it is an all around fragrance that can be worn any time.

andy
andy

one of the only failures of the RL line! its very generic and offputting! its a nondescript forgettable scent lacking any kick to make it intresting! its kinda sweet and cheap smelling! polo double black is better, armani code, vs black jeans and burberry brit really are better than this and probably are what RL was thinking when they made this, but they got lost inbetween and came up with a body spray instead

taydev
taydev

i think i understand why some men do not like this fragrance, the sweetness perhaps? well i love it, as do many other women. this is definetly a scent that says "take me!" polo black is such a turn on!

cassio
cassio

It should be stronger.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

aint nuthin black about it.its a fresh cologne, not dark and sultry like. smells just like Subtil from Ferragamo. its straight tho

Darkfairy
Darkfairy

I love this one... It's so sexy!!

Jeff
Jeff

I got a sample of Polo Black

from a closing store a while back.

Though not super exotic

it was rather romantic.

Starting on notes rather high and sharp,

it continued to soften like notes on a harp.

On my skin it ends so soft

not quite powdery, but still so soft

Ti's very utopian

yet neither feminine nor masculine.

Smells nice in winter,

yet does not whither,

as does all

that dies in the fall.

guest_Papillon
guest_Papillon

555 Yes,from my experiences most of people love this scent.I don't know how to explain about it but I can say women like this scent and lots of men are crazy when I wearing it.I just feel HOT and Sexier!!! with my slim black shirt,jean and my Polo Black.

sky76sky
sky76sky

This is a soft, lightly citrussy, warm scent. It is not sharp or overwhelming, nor is it overly sweet or intruisive.

At first the scent is light, green, with a touch of lemon peel. There is a strange slick of oil in there somewhere (like mineral oil or diesel without the power) but just a tiny trace, an impression. Within a couple of minutes I begin to get the creaminess of sandalwood mixed with mango & the savoury cleanliness of sage. There is no real depth to this fragrance - it is quite 'airy' without being fresh or zingy - but it hints at it in a subtle way.

It very much reminds me of saddle soap on a warm, freshly used saddle. Clean, hints of hay, herbs & warmth & the lightest impression of leather.

Not outstanding, but a really lovely, simple & restrained scent.

Fabricio
Fabricio

Much better than the original POLO Green in my opinion, which is to overwheling. This one is, although not being citrusy or fresh, still is not sweet and has a nice and invigorating smell. I wear it once a week and I like it, specially in milder days. I will not buy another bottle after this one ends though.

Lander
Lander

ang bango bango ng POLO BLACK lalo na pag libre. salamat po sa nagbigay sa akin. ang mahal pa naman dito sa pilipinas.

valdano
valdano

Great...
Polo Black too sweet, another sweet man's perfume on my collection!

This is also adorable, and my girlfriend just love the scent!

So, I would definitely wore this based on a special occasion.

Because I rather chose the fresher one, and the perfume that Polo Black doesn't have...Spicy Masculinity!

Now I'm thinking about Double Black?
Curious to try that.

asfa
asfa

what a perfume omg so unige so good so deferent smell for all out ther perfume

Master Scents
Master Scents

Agree with ozfest22... Not the best when it is first applied, but after a while it settles down and smells pretty good. I recommend Double Black over this one though.

ozfest22
ozfest22

It is kind of powerful when you first put it on and for 30 minutes to an hour it stays that way. However, I really like this cologne and once it settles in it is a very nice 'out on the town for the night' cologne.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A fragrance designed for a modern, daring and sophisticatged man. Polo black is a bold fusion of iced mango, silver armoise and patchouli noir.

Emeraude
Emeraude

I bought this one for my husband and I like it a lot...

dancam86
dancam86

This one is kind of a controversial scent, some people love it, some can´t stand it. Personally, being a fan of citrus fragrances, I must say that I like it very much, especially after drying down with the tangerine and lemon. I recommend it for nighttime wear, especially if you like to go clubbing, just be careful spraying it because it´s a little strong and invasive. go for it if you like scents with character, elegance and projection.

acc
acc

citrusy and woody. a good choice for everyday use. you could use this for any occasion. work, weekend, summer, winter, night out... just ideal for anytime and anywhere.

fqjcior
fqjcior

I am surprised that there is no notes pyramid mention here because this one evolves in time. The start is citrusy - you can really smell lemon and tangerine notes. Then the iced mango comes in. It's unique. The problem for me starts after 30 minutes. I can clearly smell the note which reminds me how my jacket smells after a visit in a fast food with air filled with fried oil. Very strange note. But fortunately after some time it dissaperas and the last and the longest one appears: it is the hedione, smell of fresh ozonic air. The sillage of this scent is good and it lasts long, very long. Polo Black is a modern and fresh scent with some surprising notes in it. It is worth giving a try but it is entirely differnet scent than its older brother Polo.

Abbas
Abbas

A rich purfume that remain with you long time, pure masculin sent, I like it

amanda
amanda

its just WOW:)i like it a lot, its so...fashionable, and sexy, and modern and elegant:)

Vader_GR
Vader_GR

I personally love this one...the mango note is dominating...

ticalau
ticalau

It's ok, masculin and powerful but not the best from RL !

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren 3.96 out of 5 based on 844 ratings and 140 user reviews

Deodorant 2.6oz
POLO BLACK for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ UNBOXED
Ralph Lauren 'Polo Black' Eau de Toilette Spray 1.4 oz. 1.4 oz
Ralph Lauren 'Polo Black' Eau de Toilette Spray 1.4 oz. 1.4 oz
NORDSTROM.com
Ralph Lauren 'Polo Black' Eau de Toilette Spray 1.4 oz.
Ralph Lauren 'Polo Black' Eau de Toilette Spray 1.4 oz.
Boots.com
Ralph Lauren 'Polo Black' Eau de Toilette Spray
Ralph Lauren Polo Black 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Ralph Lauren Polo Black 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 4.2oz
Polo Black Gift Set by Ralph Lauren Gift Set for Men Includes 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.6 oz Deodorant Stick
Polo Black Cologne by Ralph Lauren, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Polo Black Cologne by Ralph Lauren, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Gift Set 4.2oz
Polo Black Cologne by Ralph Lauren - -- Gift Set - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.6 oz Deodorant Stick
Ralph Lauren Polo Black Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Ralph Lauren Polo Black Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
POLO BLACK for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
POLO BLACK for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
Ralph Lauren Polo Black 6.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Ralph Lauren Polo Black 6.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Ralph Lauren Polo Black Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Ralph Lauren Polo Black Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Polo Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Polo Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Polo Black by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Polo Black by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.