Designers » R S » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Polo Blue Ralph Lauren for men

ozonic
Polo Blue Ralph Lauren for men Videos

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Polo Blue was launched in 2003. Polo Blue was created by Carlos Benaim and Christophe Laudamiel. Top notes are melon, mandarin orange and cucumber; middle notes are basil, sage and geranium; base notes are musk, woodsy notes and suede.

Melon Mandarin Orange Cucumber

Polo Crest

Polo Blue Fragrance Reviews

Jay T
Jay T

J'ai été très déçu par cet. Aucun de la puissance de celui du père. Très sûr très ennuyeux. Je suppose qu'il n'y a rien comme la Polo originale. Il n'ya pas de substitut à mon avis. Les ingrédients ressemblent ils pourraient être intéressant, peut-être comme un nouveau "Escape", mais ils ne sont pas près.

blake123
blake123

Such a good, clean, refreshing scent that will always be one of my favorites. Yes we all know this is among one of the most popular frags on the market, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a great classic scent. Iv'e been wearing this since my early teen years back when this was considered one of the high end colognes in my days. Other kids were wearing Abercrombie, Axe, and Hollister, while i stood out because my stepdad gave me his bottle of Polo Blue. I remember i just felt ahead of the game with this scent. It reminded me of what a man smells like, and not a teenage kid. I had girls telling me i smelled amazing, and asking what i was wearing almost everyday and i was loving it! Iv'e had friends, past girlfriends, and others tell me PB reminds them of me, so i guess you can say it's been my signature scent. Up until my senior year of high school i finally decided to look for a change it up to Polo Black. Iv'e had the same bottle ever since and finally gave it to my best friend because i liked it so much. I'll probably buy it in the future just for old times sake.
Anyways, longevity was great on my skin, as well as the projection. An all around great fresh frag that anyone can wear.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

Gentlemen if you're in doubt about this one from a female perspective don't be, it's real good from where I'm sniffing!

It smells very expensive and like the fresh clean cologne smell you get from well dressed continental men, and it lasts really well on my husband.

Every female I know loves this smell on a man it's manly but clean, safe but edgy, trustworthy but sexy as!!

This has been worn in all seasons around me and I think it adapts to each climate really well, I get more warmth and spice in winter and fresh minty powders in summer.

JoeOM
JoeOM

Love this little beauty. Great for summer if like myself, you hate hot weather and struggle to find a fragrance bearable to wear.

Opens with a fresh cucumber/melon combo which soon evolves into a herbal musk, whilst still remaining fresh! The woody notes are great also.

Only downside as many have said is that the longevity is only around average but projection on myself is actually quite good. Worth a buy for summer!

iziqism
iziqism

I wore this back in 2007 and the only time that I ever wore this elegant fragrance.
This is by far the best compliment getter by the ladies as far as I remember. They love it for some reason. Will definitely wear this beauty once again.

burgundyaltima

UPDATE: OMG every time i wear this i receive a compliment!.. very safe scent..ladies love this..just be careful with trigger can be overwhelming in the opening

lollsazz
lollsazz

My father used to wear this. I absolutely loved this smell on him! It is musky and clean in a manly way, and quite complicated - I could never make out the notes. Smells like real man :) The staying power wasn't great - only a few hours.

burgundyaltima

first time really getting my nose this and my first thought was i smelled this before!!!...Bath and body work's C.O bigelow Exlir Green smells eerie similar and also Bod has a spray that smells just like it.....nice smell.. barbershop clean vibe .. just too popular

Randallovesfragrance
Randallovesfragrance

Polo Blue is what a cologne should smell like.
The suede and musk combo give off an aquatic accord throughout the whole life of the cologne.
I like the way how it tingles your nose & it is just so amazing.
Oh, and it lasts a decent amount of time, too!
Highly recommend this as a definite buy!!
This makes all those overhyped & overpriced niche perfumes look like shit!!!
So do yourself a favor, skip the niche garbage, and buy yourself a bottle of Polo Blue!

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

I like and hate this fragrance at the same time. I like the cucumber and melon note in this but I hate the spicy notes in this which in my opinion makes this a dated fragrance. The last time I wore this fragrance my girlfriend said it reminded her of Old Spice and I can deffinitly see why she would say that.

All in all I would say I hate this but a little less than neutral on it which is why I said I disliked it.

Longevity is ok as it lasts 4-6 hours

Projection is above average as its quite strong for 2 hours but then quickly dies down from there

I can see how people like this but this scent just isnt for me :(

Id rate this a 6.5 out of 10

trevorstilerocks
trevorstilerocks

Cool and refreshing scent. Great for summer use. The cucumber and basil makes a great combination! Minty cool and fresh! That's how I liked it!

toneinatx
toneinatx

Back in college this was what the coeds in my classes would ask me about. This was in 2003, so a lot has changed in my life. But the smell was good, and lord knows I wore Polo clothes as well. But my tastes have become more refined (I think!) and this one is for the younger guys who like a bit of the old school.

Bogarde
Bogarde

Polo blue smells really great, it's fresh, pleasant and you can use it everyday, more casual than formal and it's suitable for warm weather.I adore the top and base notes. Crappy box and bottle and overpriced as every ralph lauren product.

Overall: 7/10.

jochris
jochris

the scent is refreshing and clean..for me it is a classic but still it doesn`t age...young people of this days still loves this scent...

azizhejji
azizhejji

Polo blue is fresh clean cool fragrance , nice and light to my nose and makes feel happy all day .

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

Very original for me back then. It´s, generally speaking, very nice and likable. I bought it, but never wear it but sometimes on summer. To impress people I wear other fragrances.

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

Polo is a nice cologne for summer. I moved from California to Manila and I am now restricted to summer colognes. If you live in a tropical country like I do, then Polo Blue is a "buy" in my opinion and should be part of your collection.
For people that has been in a tropical country like the Philippines during summer time.
You guys should know how a very hot and humid weather affects your mood. You just want to stay in your hotel room with that AC on high.
Aquatic colognes like Polo Blue can help you enjoy that very hot summer weather.
Just imagine dousing yourself with icy cold water that has cucumber and sweet melon on a real hot summer day.
You can just feel that the summer gods turned down the heater. It just feels so refreshing.
Aaaahhhh!!!!!

sugarcane
sugarcane

This cologne is a great mens cologne.

The fragrance is very aromatic with undertones of masculine. Definitly a staple fragrance.

This fragrance is a little more complex than usual Polo fragrances. It seems that Polo is starting to be a little more bold with their newer fragrances (blue, red). I like it. I think they should be even more complex.

I do not like the cheap bottles they use. For an expensive brand like Ralph Lauren I would expect a better bottle. It's just ugly and boring. But the fragrance really is what matters at the end of the day right?

crunker
crunker

This is one of my all-time favorites. It takes everything we know and love about Polo Green--the rich masculinity, the spice, the rich and powerful potency, and turns it into a fresh, new-school twist on a timeless classic. It has a synthetic, ozonic structure and there are blasts of synthetic melon and just a tad bit of citrus. Be careful when wearing this on a first date though, as the chances are likely she's had an ex that wore it(happened to me). Great for any time of the year, but it shines at night time in the summer. Great fragrance and a timeless second to Polo Green.

frenchwhore237
frenchwhore237

this is what a cologne should be. I don't get this generation of mens scents that are sweeter than womens perfume. what happened to brut and old spice back then? This is what you want to get if you want to impress an older woman. Not so much for the younger fellas in high school though.

K1
K1

Polo Blue is the forefather of a great number of perfumes that today occupy the markets with the names Sport, Fresh, l'Eau, Blue, Aqua, etc and the focal point of all these silly flankers designer brands release.
A perfume that sold massively and never became a top seller. You're playing a light sport and after a shower you need a casual perfume to chill out. The citrus pattern in this fragrance is totally for that, grown up and sweet, velvety and masculine.

Serafit
Serafit

I love this aromat on my boy's skin :))

Francodiaz
Francodiaz

Very fresh. You can feel the cool scent of the mandarin and the cucumber.

It leaves a clean after shower scent.

Sutil and honest.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

Let me start off by saying I have had a long relationship with this fragrance. I've worn it since its release when I was a 10th grader in high school.

Polo Blue was the FIRST scent I have ever owned. I bought it just because I smelled it in a magazine and thought I could get girls with it.

Smell: This stuff is great. It begins with that initial blast of cucumber and melon. The scent progression on me isn't that noticeable. I would honestly say it is very linear, meaning it stays the same pretty much the entire duration. The only change I noticed was the entrance from the musk at about the 4 hour mark and it stays until the end. If you are a fan of summer time scents or just love cucumbers & melon, then I think this may be the one for you. Rating: 10/10

Performance:

Longevity: This has solid performance for a designer scent. I get about 6 - 8 hours, but I would say it lasts a good 7 hours. The performance I get may not be what you guys may get. Different for everybody. Rating: 8/10

Projection: The projection is moderate to good. Some days I've had it to where I swear I was the only one who knew it was on me and then other days, I would go in thinking it was weak and had 3 people say my cologne was stout. So this stuff can be very misleading. Rating: 8/10

Price: I got mine for about 40 bucks for a 2.5 oz. It's relatively affordable so that is a definite plus if you're on a budget but still want to smell good. Rating: 10/10

Overall rating: 9/10.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I'm testing some male fragrance samples I got just out of curiosity. This is very soft and the fruity notes are discreet, just enough to give it some freshness. Then it dries down to something pleasant and hard to define, a pleasant manly skin but better scent. Probably won't make any heads turn, but it's nice. Could be a good choice for the office.

WolverineWarrior
WolverineWarrior

I got this stuff right after I graduated U.S. Navy, bootcamp. It has a clean water smell along with a bunch of fruit smells. I like it. The water smell is probably the cucumber and melon.

eau de nath
eau de nath

I have a 30ml of this frag. I really love this fragrance. The top note resembles a citrus scent, you can really smell it for almost 5 mins. The dry down was so great! It's a little bit powdery, it smells like Davidoff Cool Water Men when it comes to the base. Really great frag.

RF73
RF73

I love this fragrance, I don't like fragrances that smell all over and 'shout', most often as they make me sneeze a whole day long...
Ralph Lauren polo blue is a fragrance that is soft and sensual. Whenever you take a girl close to you, THAT is only when she smells it and I always get a compliment.. and this smell will forever be in her head/nose as 'a good smell'.
It does, however, linger. People at work (women, mostly, I agree) tell me they 'smelled me', even in the afternoon..
A good perfume that gets lots of compliments. My favorite.

DemitriKalashnikov
DemitriKalashnikov

smells so fresh like the dawn in the morning...it make you pass without unnoticed and when someone use it, it easily to notice that its the smell of Polo Blue. I mean the smells has it own trademark. Longevity is moderate.

benjamin.soltani.1
benjamin.soltani.1

نه پخش بو نه موندگاری نه باز خورد نه قیمت مناسب نه بوی خاص و تازه بیش تر از دو پاف من سردردم می گرفتم
Nothing special about this frag!

BenjaminDallas
BenjaminDallas

A very safe choice. Can be worn in any situation. This is best suited to be worn when the sun is out as it is a very aquatic day time scent. I receive many compliments on this scent. It's not in your face or obnoxious but is well suited for any occasion.

brandongearheart
brandongearheart

Good stuff I think its one of Ralph Laurens best

roll4fun
roll4fun

Another tester that shouted "buy me." (But not at mall store prices- got it online.) Initial impression was "gotta have in rotation, even if not on top of my list."
The top notes of cucumber and melon were evident, but the woodier notes were strong in the begining, and continued throughout the dry down.

Polo Blue is a smooth, pleasant aroma with moderately strong initial projection, lasting 6-8 hours on my skin. I would feel comfortable wearing this in any situation, except if the first hour involves being in close enclosed quarters with others.(i.e.,driving a client around, or an airline flight shortly after spritzes). I would not hesitate to buy another bottle when this one (1.3 oz.) runs out.

Aroma d'Latino
Aroma d'Latino

I first heard of Polo Blue in marketing t.v. campaigns and magazine ads but I never paid attention to them. To me it was just another Polo fragrance, I didn't even bother to try it.

Then a few years later I was again introduced to Polo Blue this time by mere curiosity due to the raving comments from my mother and sister. My mom was in the hospital for several days due to a hip replacement surgery. She loved her surgeon's fragrance so did my sister. Every day I heard them talking about how great the Dr smell until they finally, after many days of wondering decided to ask him what was he wearing and he responded "Polo Blue"

I've never seen my mom and sis so intrigued and crazy about a cologne! When they finally got the name they told me to get it. That's when I went to the department store to finally give it a try.

That was 2007. Today I decided to put my 2 cents in a review for those of you wondering.

Polo Blue is fresh and crisp, pleasant, aromatic, enjoyable and easy to wear (you wont offend anybody in a room by wearing this fragrance, this is more of a close to the skin scent). The fragrance is light and smooth. This is not an "in your face" fragrance. Is not strong, it does not project or leave a trail but rather "invites" you to come closer.

The scent is fresh but it should not be confused with "aquatic". Anybody can easily wear Polo Blue imo. There is no age limit. Because the fragrance is fresh, it is more suitable for spring and summer but I don't see why this cant be used all year round.

This is definitely a day scent, perfect for the office or a clean job interacting with people. Its good for a date, a meeting or anything that comes to your mind. In my opinion, this cologne is highly versatile.

Guys! women love this juice!! I always had the "you smell good" from female associates in my job. Its a safe buy and you and your woman wont be disappointed.

Brenao
Brenao

Not great, a scent for who doesn't like scents. It doesn't mean that is a bad fragrance, it smells good, but too much innofensive. For me, only wear at office currently.

6.5/10.

trittoly
trittoly

I love this fragrance because it reminds me of how I met my girlfriend. She passed by me and said nice cologne and I went after her and asked her out.....Now we are happy ever after because of Polo blue. Nice Nice NIce.

sangxuine
sangxuine

It will last for about 2 minutes. Not worth buying.

Alex Souza
Alex Souza

Perfume bastante refrescante,na saída é extremamente perceptível as notas super frescas e aquosas do pepino com a docilidade fresca do melão,depois se nota a entrada de uma nota mais amadeirada e camurça.É possível usar ele em dia quentes,fica muito bom!

tbook15
tbook15

This was the fragrance that started it all for me. My older brother owned a bottle of this and i always used it. Eventually i bought my own bottle and have worn it consistently for the past 5-6 years. This is the scent my friends, parents, and two of my ex girlfriends remember me by. This is the scent i have received the most compliments from, this is my go to fragrance, and i will always have a bottle of this. Yes its kind of a generic aquatic, but its somewhat unique and not as popular as ADG, plus it just smells damn good. Its mostly a spring and summer frag but can be worn year around and in any setting because it doesn't over project and wont offend anyone. I haven't come across a girl who didn't love this scent. Two thumbs up.

An inoffensive woody herbal aquatic. Nice but nothing special

denncita
denncita

so sexy. i love it on my hubby this reminds me of before we got married he would always wear this when we went out.

shwankawa85
shwankawa85

very very nice perfume

zouz123
zouz123

One of my best perfumes

juan carlos.henriquez

otra gran creación de ralph lauren, tube un polo bleu de 75 ml, me acuerdo q me hacia sentir frescxo limpio y sexy, huele mucho un jugo de pepinos melon verde y unas gotas de mandarina, con almiscle blanco y maderas sutiles, lo veo para hombres maduros distingidos y para adolecentes q quieran romper corazones.

Idlehands
Idlehands

If you want a nice clean aquatic day time scent, you COULD wear ADG and smell like every 16 year old male out there...or you could go with the classic Polo Blue and smell like a man. I love this stuff. Clean and fresh!

stacia79
stacia79

A woman's review of Polo Blue:

I grew up smelling adult men wearing the original Polo...it was everywhere when I was a kid. It was a bit overwhelming in my opinion and so I didn't give Polo a second thought when I became interested in perfumery. It took awhile for me to realize that Ralph Lauren had been making flankers and slapping the Polo moniker onto practically every new cologne he created. I ended up smelling Polo Blue just by chance and I'm glad I did. It's nothing like your father's Polo. This is fresh, modern, sexy without being in-your-face. Polo Blue doesn't ask if he can buy you a drink. He just smiles and runs his hand through his hair and you find yourself buying him a drink. It's another aquatic but much simpler and subtle than blaster bombs like Cool Water. Cucumber and summer melon, mixed with some fresh herbs. Starts off like a cold drink on a hot day and then it dries down to a musky suede that is irresistible. Perfect for summer but could easily be worn year round.

dmirror
dmirror

Polo blue great fragrance nice clean smell lasts about 7 to 8 hours on me i use the after shave balm, body wash & body spray along with the cologne i got the set 20% off at perfumania RMN20 i wouldn't trust ee-bay heard too many bad stories but anyways polo blue nice fragrance check it out get it from a legit store its worth adding to your lineup or collection

Manolete
Manolete

This is my "victorinox knife" of fragrances. Whenever i don´t know what to wear, i always end up grabbing my bottle of polo blue.

kazewayz
kazewayz

My favorite from Polo. Nice summer scent. Aquatic, fresh, breezy, clean. It's a nice day time fragrance. Smells good. Try it.

jawsh3539
jawsh3539

Solid scent, not my favorite but not bad. I had a bottle but won't buy another one as I have found scents I like more.

browne54
browne54

A wonderful aquatic aromatic. I find this fragrance ideal for an older and mature gentleman for the spring/summer seasons. It is fantastic; very classy, crisp and unpretentious. The aquatic and fresh cucumber notes in contrast with the basil and woodsy notes creates a beautiful mental landscape. For some reason Nautica Voyage reminds me of a cheaper, and lighter version of this. But all in all another fantastic and exquisitely simple fragrance from the Ralph Lauren house. A fan 8/10

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Lavian, I have had a similar experience.. I had a bottle of Polo blue I had bought years ago and it smelled amazing.. It was a very fresh aquatic blue type of scent that had a lot of depth.. I finished it and bought a bottle of it on ebay for a friend.. The bottle did not look fake but it did not last at all on my friend nor did it smell the same.. It smelled like a rancid form of the scent I remember! Today I was at Ulta and I sprayed the tester on the paper strip and when I sniffed it at first I thought I had sprayed the wrong fragrance on the strip.. It smelled more like Romance than Blue.. I don't know if my nose is playing tricks on me or what is going on! I just want to know where that sexy fresh blue scent has gone?

Lavian
Lavian

I don't understand what's happening here. I bought Polo Blue in 2003, after smelling something incredible on a friend of a friend. It had just come out and was immediately something I went out to buy, and it didn't disappoint. It had an amazing basil scent that came out right from the beginning, and stayed to the end--the end, by the way, not coming into play for hours and hours after spraying it on. I received compliments abound for this one, and what I noticed about it is that it required very little to be sprayed on, lasted forever (like I said), and smelled amazing the entire time it was on. Nine years later, and I finally finished the bottle. I bought a bottle on the street which was fake, so I returned it and got one from Ebay. Something didn't smell right with it; it was citrusy (which the first bottle had none of) and synthetic, hardly lasted (no matter how much I sprayed), and the basil base note didn't come into play for a couple of hours, only to completely lose its scent altogether not long after that. I returned it and got one from Macy's. This is Macy's, not some shady dealer on the street or online. Same problem. I returned it, and bought it from another Macy's in a different state. Same problem. Not understand what's going on here. I thought maybe they changed the "recipe" for this, but what's weird is that the testers and travel bottles I got, when I bought from Macy's, smelled exactly like my original bottle. Something has changed with Polo Blue, and it's a damn shame, because this was one of the best colognes (it's hands down my favorite of all time) that I have ever experienced.

isaacgames
isaacgames

Boring one note fragrance.

melissa1619
melissa1619

oh it smells very good. im pretty sure its my father's signature cologne cuz he never leaves the house without spraying it on. i like it so much that i would used to sneak to find it and sprit some on my wrists hehe..

the ocean comes to mind whenever i smell it it always does!
i imagine floating in the middle of the pacific ocean with the breezy air.
ralph lauren has a good selection of fragrances :)

crazykoffee
crazykoffee

Here's a review by a more discriminating nose. Whomever considers this fragrance to be a "classic" (it was released in 2003, after all) or that it is (sic) "...worth every penny, as are all Ralph Lauren fragrances.." is clearly suffering from tunnel vision and lack of perspectivity. There are countless other versions of this fragrance and it was released in a time when major perfume houses were trying to capture a larger market and demographic. In the late 90s and early 2000s, aquatics seemed all the rage. Its as simple as that. There is nothing extraordinary about this fragrance at all. I DO get the fruity, cucumber and melon tones of this fragrance, but I find it also to be overly synthetic and having a nasal bite to it...much like saccharine tastes going down. Indeed, it is youthful, crisp and clean and does garner attention from adolescents and the 20-somethings in North America, but there is nothing sophisticated, refined or "different" about this fragrance that sets it apart from the others. I lived in Europe for about 10 years and men and women alike recoiled at the smell of this version of Polo. Its all about perspective, right? The retail prices for this are a joke. If you really like it, look for it online. I could probably replicate it by rubbing rotten canteloupe all over my body. On a side note, Calvin Klein has really sunk to an all-time low by churning out so many permutations of the original Polo (and CK) line. The more they do this, the further they seem to deviate from their original core values of what a man's fragrance should embody. Perhaps its the sign of changing times. The only analogy I can think of now is eating at a fine dining establishment and ordering ONE good dish versus eating at an all-you-can eat buffet. Choose this if you DON'T want to set yourself apart. Its for the masses and probably a decent "introduction" for teenage boys to the world of men's fragrances. I don't recommend this one. At all.

wipemedown
wipemedown

Great, classic scent. I wore it throughout high school. I would still wear it today, and I think any age group can wear it. It makes me feel verry preppy haha. Very clean, but not soapy.

Mattybono
Mattybono

Polo Blue is a wonderful, clean, crisp scent that is worth every penny! However....(and this is true for nearly all Ralph Lauren frags) the atomizers that come on these bottles are very sub-par sprayer's (wide, puffy, weak spray pattern) and therefore you're probably getting a lot less juice than you might think you are applying! This fact could lead one to assume that the product is weak or not performing well which may not be the case.

For a clean aquatic, I find this to last a good 6-7 hours on average which is very acceptable!

Can't go wrong with Blue, just make sure you apply it correctly and it just might be great for everyday use or even signature scent! (8/10)

lateeeno
lateeeno

Well this is some extra refreshing cologne that will for sure get u compliments . Ladies will love being around u . U get the soapy notes that smell icy and clean on ur skin .It dries down in no time and leaves u with tender powdery notes that are still attractive and adored . My skin is way to dry and i get poor longevity of most colognes , maybe other people with wetter skin might give a better longevity level for this one .

wutanga13x
wutanga13x

This is a classic! Its a good cologne that will never get old. It has that scent that doesnt make you seem like your making an overstatement but yet classy. fresh, clean, and manly. Lasts thoughout the day and you'll know you smell good no matter what. 8/10 on practicality but 6/10 on "wow" factor. if polo blue isnt for you im sure there is a polo that is.

steve0580
steve0580

I love this stuff.

Maybe I have an odd nose but I don't smell much in the way of aquatic. To me, it's a nice, fresh citrus.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

This is a typical fresh, aquatic, musky scent. It's very pleasant to smell and wear as it will grab compliments. Starts off with a loud opening with the mandarin and melon being dominant. The opeing lasts about 30 minutes on me and then it settles down quickly to an almost skin scent for the remainder of the next hour or so. The cucumber-aquatic sneaks in nicely throughout the mid way portion, leading to the infamous polo basil note which sticks throughout the entire wearing. It remains fresh through the dry-down phase and the woodiness and musk come into play. After 2 hours, it is strictly a skin scent. This fragrance is what I expected it to be... a subtle, fresh, completely innoffensive scent. I wish the projection was slightly stronger and longevit as well. I also ordered the red white and blue, which I hear is just like blue, only a bit more intense. We will see.
8.5/10 for me. Can't go wrong with this one.

fonso92
fonso92

As a young man growing up, Polo Blue became my favorite fragrance. Some critize saying its too synthetic or just better stuff out there but to me, this is my signature scent. Can't go wrong with this stuff, women like it and the smell is great. I find it wearable anytime during the year, though I'd say hotter weather the better. Polo Blue is the best Ralph Lauren fragrance in my opinion, the dry down is great and it lasts too, I usually smell this on my clothes for days after wearing. Non-Offensive, I would not do more than 4-5 sprays though. Its not just the great memories that make me say this is a great scent, it really is and Id say its a very good blind buy, you will not be dissapointed.

shayeri
shayeri

smells very fresh and clean on my husband i like it.

Ragzin
Ragzin

it smells good from the sprayer but on my skin it smells like cheap after shave balm with an extra gallon of alcohol, plus i sprayed 5 times and barely could feel it after some minutes

Vincheng
Vincheng

E' davvero simile a Ferrè - Acqua Azzurra ...

minhvy.nguyen.54
minhvy.nguyen.54

I'm such a girl but still love this perfume, it's fresh like sea breathe!

DemetriaNatasya
DemetriaNatasya

One of the best. However, longevity wasn't so good. It can barely last for 2-3 or maybe 4 hours. I shared this with my dad.

sunnysniffs
sunnysniffs

just finished with the test run of polo blue..
opening is fresh citrus and aquatic. Cucumber and melon play their part pretty well. After an hour or two, the smell settles to suede and more woody with hints of basil. I sprayed it on my wrist before going to bed, i woke up and smelled my wrist, it smelled like the fragrance of hot desert sand after mild downpour. I was not expecting such a beautiful dry down of a aquatic opener perfume. This fragrance has nothing to do with synthetic notes or people. Its very natural. I enjoyed it naturally !!! :)

RobbieX
RobbieX

Just tried this. I love Polo Blue. A fruity fresh, soapy and patchouli blend that smells gorgeous. A little like Cool Water Game but less fruity. Lasting power and sillage is good. A really pleasant EDT from Lauren.

bronstein
bronstein

I was curious about this one because of the noses behind it, and it's a disappointment. Really, if a label releases a new version of a classic fragrance, you should expect something special. But this one smells just like a basis for some proper fragrance. In fact, it is to a proper fragrance what juice is to a cocktail: not even half finished, just an ingredient!

abdul hammad

I think this one has also been reformulated!!!

DOES ANYBODY AGREE WITH ME?!

RayFlash
RayFlash

Model aquatic. Smells like tap water.

Fimafeng
Fimafeng

Basically I really like this fragrance. It is fresh and melonlike and has a sincere air of summer smell on the seas to come with it.

There is however a questionmark for this perfume since it could be considered a little chemical and synthetic.

This is really a personal opinion so don´t buy it unsmelled. You have to try it before buying.

RES2525
RES2525

This is one of the better fresh and clean colognes out there. So much around today smells nice, but doesn't evoke a man's cologne. This does, and does it well.

As fresh fragrances go this is hard to beat. The water cucumber/melon accords sail over a base of sheer musk holding hands with some pretty nice citrus spiked with basil.

One of the most refreshing colognes I've used at the start. However, it does get a bit linear and boring once the top and heart notes die down. After a couple hours its mostly a nice musk that is still very enjoyable.

Would be great for a younger guy up into his thirties. Thumbs up!

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I like this cologne. It's nothing groundbreaking but it does have a nice, clean, fresh out of the shower smell to it. Its downfall is that it doesn't last long enough on the skin. The scent is light so it's good for summer but unfortunately it's just too weak. Luckily I bought mine cheap. I will use up the bottle but will likely not repurchase.

kirasiena
kirasiena

I'm a girl. I don't know if this will be useful to any guys but Polo (in all its variations)makes me nauseous. Always has. Since I was a teenager (I'm 28). My brother used to wear it so I thought maybe it was a personal bias. But I've been around other men who've worn it and I've even smelled it on paper. Even the tiniest spritz makes me gag, it has that strong an effect. And I have girlfriends who just LOVE it and buy it all the time for the men in their lives. Just thought you might like to know that it doesn't have the desired effect on some girls. And I LOVE men's perfumes. So if you see a girl grimacing and politely turning away, don't take it personally. Cheers.

srininet1
srininet1

My friend wears this on almost a daily basis and everytime he comes close, the fragrance really radiates around and feels great!! One of my wish-list fragrances

Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Sweet and clean, but very weak and watery as well which is a shame as I really wanted to like this one. It's interesting that this was created by the same person who created the original Polo too as Polo Blue seems to be the exact polar opposite of the powerhouse original. Unfortunately though despite the interesting fragrance notes this really is nothing special.

Aspendina
Aspendina

A girls review: just sprayed is on myself and WOW I LOOOOVE IT!!!! I mostly get the suede. Smells like a fancy department store around xmas. I willing be buying this for myself for use around fall & winter. A must have!

UPDATE: dang it does not last long at all and after a few hours smells like a wet dog, very sad it soooo lovely in the beginning. oh well off the wish list it goes :-(

Jimmy Raynor
Jimmy Raynor

The cucumber is interesting but unfortunately fades quickly where the scent stays quite linear and synthetic. This stuff is really strong, projects very well and longevity is better when sprayed on clothes. Can be a little cloying with high temperatures. Women like it more than me, gets the most compliments.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Melon aquatic opening with undercurrents of Polo original. Try this one.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Polo Blue is the perfect light college kid cologne this take me back to my undergrad days. Perfect everyday casual fragrance that ladies absolutely go crazy over

mse-21
mse-21

It dries down to a fresh aquatic herbal scent on my skin pretty quickly.

I get a pleasant combination of cucumber-melon contrasted against a base of woods and suede; and aromatic herbs play perfectly to fill the gaps and provide a nice fresh scent.

This is not something that I like myself and I stayed away from it partially due to the fact that it is really over worn! But if it's not a big deal for you, then give it a try!

It has good longevity and projection. Overall: 6 out of 10.

wchickillo
wchickillo

a timeless classic. This fragrance never seems to get old. Its a very fresh, aquatic fragrance thats very hard not to like. Not offensive or overpowering at all, yet it has longevity on your skin. This is a great everyday fragrance your the younger male. masculine, yet fresh.

alfreal
alfreal

Cool & Classic scent at the same time. For me, longevity is not a problem 6 to 8 hrs on me and still it projects well.

jimhartranft
jimhartranft

This is a great frag! It reminds me of a stronger version of D&G Light Blue, but thats just me. This is a great summer cologne and has OK projection. Longevity is iffy too.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A wonderful casual scent which is laid back and fresh and has a great first hour..

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0- 1 hour - 1.25 foot projection. This is strong and potent, yet a fresh and casual scent, for a care free modern youngish man. Brilliant

1 hour - 3.5 hours. 8 inch projection, still the same scent which projects is great but not so nice damp, fag ash on the skin is now coming through

3.5 hours - 4 hours - 3 inch projection

4 hours -7 hours. Close to skin

Stunning first hour, when IMHO it is the King of modern day fresh scents

bobmarley2
bobmarley2

What new information can I add about Polo Blue? So many reviews and opinions have been written about this EDT that I don't know whether putting my take on Polo Blue will entice or detract people but here it is anyway.

First of all...

You don't want to spend more than $28 on 50ml bottle.

Believe me, I have done my research on this EDT and best price I found was $25+ tax.

As for the scent...
It has all the scents noted above so why waste my time and yours about regurgitating what others have said.

I will say that I have had my doubts about longevity about Polo Blue so I have done my own "sleep on it" test.

What I do is I take a shower, spray on my body twice, put on a clean shirt without any detergent scent and go to sleep.

Next morning when I awake, if I can smell a hint of the the EDT, then I figure longevity is about avg.

With Polo Blue, not only I get a hint, I smell on myself as if I have poured a quart of fresh brewed coffee on myself.

After close examination, I found that Polo Blue has EXTREME longevity when sprayed on clothes but it falters to 4 hours of longevity when sprayed on skin.

Overall, spending $25+tax on 50ml of this fresh smelling EDT is well worth it.

Don't expect any compliments from ladies who are just walking by. However, you will find yourself satisfied with the way you smell and that in it self will give a boost of self confidence that is much more effective in attracting ladies than any EDT can do.

gianmarco

People are saying longetivity is an issue. I find that my bottle last as if it were a eau de parfum... My longetivity is 15 hours

dylan505
dylan505

smells light and fresh..but longevity is really bad..classic

waine
waine

Personally it seems pointless to buy an amazing smelling fragrance for half the price when you know it has half the longevity. Thanks for filling me in Fragrantica reviewers. I will give this a skip.

youngkeyze
youngkeyze

smell really good but the sillage is poor

nazari753
nazari753

The most potent and long lasting ( on my skin it lasts one day) summer fragrance I have in my collection.Better to be worn at night. You can wear it with suit or your polo shirt. Very versatile.
I have a 125 ml bottle just in case I always have a quality fragrance I can always pick out when I don't know what to choose.

TESTimonial:

He has had a choice of three scents in his collection to wear:

1.) Polo Blue
2.) Polo Double Black
3.) Burberry Touch

and the winner is.........POLO BLUE! It's the only one he wears now.

So fresh, clean and uplifting......he loves all things BLUE, btw, interesting. I can tell he loves that little blue bottle too! He just left on a business trip, the other two are home sitting on the shelf.....?

jMacSA
jMacSA

Great scent but very poor longevity.
Scent 9/10
Longevity 3/10 (one of the poorest I have purchased)

Real pity. I thought I had a winner.

stayclose
stayclose

To me this frag is ok. I would wear it when I get the urge which I do sometimes. But after I put it on I end up regreting it. Its a unique sc
ent but there is a note in there that ruins it for me could be the geranium mixing with the cucumber. Although this is a good one I am going to have to give it thumbs down.
3.23.12

ostpizzan
ostpizzan

Longelivity is the dissapointment, you wouldnt smell a hint of this after ~ 2-3 hours.
Unless you can get this on a discount or very cheap price i wouldnt NOT recommend it.

Smell 8/10
Projection 5/10
Longelivity 2/10

thapoy
thapoy

Polo Blue like a signature for me. I used more than 3 bottle at 125ml size. Can use it every day and easy to wear.

raihanasalways
raihanasalways

this is the best perfume for man from the house of Palph Lauren. best use for summer day time. superb sillage and long lasting. my one of the top fav. ill buy this again and again.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Polo Blue is a light, aquatic, fresh scent that goes on beautifully, with a nice combination of melon, mandarin, tangerine and cucumber that invokes tranquility and lightness in its well measured and blended makeup.
The essence of this fragrance is Carlos Benaim's adaptation of Southeastern Asian traditions in using the cucumber in water to lend a light, cool and refreshing feel without overwhelming the essence of the light, aquatic concept. He certainly executes the opening with class and precision. Polo Blue is invigoratingly fresh and though somewhat tried in its formulaic pretensions, serves the wearer looking for something subtle very well indeed. The opening is one of the best in the business, a true magical moment.
It is only after 10-15 minutes, when the basil begins to push forward and overwhelm the angelic, light-weight opening that things seem a bit off kilter. The basil leans a bit harshly towards the synthetic against the melon and brings out the more sour qualities of the cucumber and leaves the geranium silent and somewhat wasted, bringing some discord.
Things start equilibrating themselves once the base notes come forth. The base is for many a bit too musky when blended with the suede and woodsy notes, but is quite pleasing regardless, sticking to its watery and light identity.
Polo Blue is a nice everyday option for those in moderately warm to mild climates and could serve well as a signature scent for the office or in places that require a certain level of subtlety. Its flaws are its lack of projection and longevity, which do tend to rely a great deal on the wearer and the circumstances. One can expect as little as two and as much as six hours but projection beyond the first 15 minutes quickly fades into a skin scent, suitable enough for professional and casual occasions but with no real assertiveness.
Still, Polo Blue has one of the great aquatic openings in the business and for that certainly deserves our respect and gratitude. But for those looking for a bit more staying power and value, Lacoste Pour Homme does much of the same things Polo Blue intends to, but with far more success and for better value. A nice aquatic nevertheless, but nothing essential beyond the classy packaging, the Ralph Lauren name and the beautiful opening.

gianmarco

I wear this cologne a lot, and realized that it goes best in cold weather for me. Now I read a lot of the comments below and people say longetivity is an issue, for some reason this scent lasts me more than 15 hours, I get compliments still after a whole day of work. It's just an amazing scent, can't go wrong

mszigetihu
mszigetihu

Polo Blue and I are good friends for ~2 years. This one was (and is) my first real favorite and very likely the reason i fell in love with this whole fragrance business.

It starts with strong cucumber and melon. Then after 5-10 minutes, it nicely calms down and now you can smell the mandarin (orange?), but the cucumber is still the dominant with melon in the background. Such a nice watery smell. The middle notes are very hard to recognize and you can only detect basil & sage, the geranium is not there at all (not like in Terre'd Hermes!). Probably the only bad thing about the scent is that overwhelmingly strong musk which completely destroys everything around after a while (except the woodsy notes), and turns into a little boring fragrance. I wish the whole drydown would like the beginning.

The box and the bottle is very simple, but nice. Average longevity, 4-5 hours on me - great for spring & summer.

Undisputedly, this is the best in it's own category. Since i use Polo Blue, i haven't smelled anything which has this amazing clean ocean feeling. Such a timeless masterpiece and also a very underrated creation in my opinion. I'll always have a bottle of this in my collection.

evrenzos
evrenzos

it smells like a cross between Tommy Man and CK free, but with a little stronger note. i like it. its not an exceptional smell, but its very fresh and fruity. i like how they have a 75ml bottle!

narigudo
narigudo

great daily scent.soft , fresh , with a typical elegance from ralph lauren fragrances. very versatile , polo blue starts with a cold brezze, very fruit and jucy. after the openning, the fragrance turns into the softness: subtle ,comfortable and elegant. perfect as summer signature scent. suitable for those who don't like strong scents.

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

Smells great on the top. When it gets to drydown it smells like old people. I guess its the musk but it smells like a 80 year old for some reason

Heverton
Heverton

Polo Blue starts with a very bright and evident cucumber note associated with a fresh melon leaving a semi-sweet fruity aroma that basically means summer time! Lovely aroma if I may say. I must say that I do get a slight salty vibe with this particular fragrance but nothing annoying like in Sean John Unforgivable. Here things are in the right dose leaving as with a very good background.

Anyway, a very good summer signature scent which smells great but lacks a little bit of longevity.

sniff-sniff
sniff-sniff

Great if you want to smell like a cucumber. OK if you like CK One, and want to smell like your girlfriend. Lousy if you want to smell like a MAN.

Doesn't last long enough to even make it to the base - lasts like a knock-off from the local dollar store. Wasn't worth the money my wife paid to buy it.

bodiboy
bodiboy

I smell like Christian Bale

juan carlos.henriquez

fantastico, limpio y elegante,huele a azul, huele el pepipo el melon y la gamuza.

tyealia
tyealia

I had this throughout my early 20's for 3 years I rebought it and got alot of compliments...Its really good I think the longevity is good I never had to spray alot and projection is fantastic, I wish I could enjoy it unfortunately after 3 years of it being my signature scent im color blind to it, but definitely worth a buy

syafiqqa
syafiqqa

smells great,fresh and clean on my boy friend..but,not lasting enough can stand only 2hours..

Ralphfaeill
Ralphfaeill

The smell is good. suitable for all occasional. For those who like less strong eau de toilette, i would recommend this. But different people has different taste... I used to have this, but so many people wearing it, so i stop using it. I just like something different and let people wondering what kind of smell on my body..then conversation/Q&A will get started..(*_^)..

Kharnak
Kharnak

i... don't like it. sorry. But it's very fresh, Marine, Ozonic & VERY green leafy. it's like i went outside to some bushes, grabbed a handful of leaves off a bush, rubbed my hands and sniffed.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

My signature scent, in Rio - Brazil, it´s perfect! Aromatic fougere, a real one, opens with a aquatic-fruity vibe with a great combination of melon mixed with fresh cucumber, delicious! The heart comes with the fougere transition, turn it into to a classy scent, at least on my skin. The basil with sage enriches this scent and the aurea floral of geranium complementing. Finishing this one with a musk and suede, that make a velvety base. The best Ralph Lauren in my taste.

abdul hammad

This is a summer fragrance for the mature,most of the summer fragrances are strictly for young men who are 25 or below,while this can easily be worn by grandpas and dads...i don't mean that teenagers or young guys can't wear it but for that i would have to agree with 'aray's' review that young boys should only wear it if they behave in a mature way or if they just want to seem more mature than they really are..

a very good signature,work,casual and a summer scent...

this will be definitely a classic forever..

the two problems with this are that it doesn't project well and a that lot of people know and use this fragrance...so what it's projection isn't that bad either.

ANYWAY ITS A MUST TRY AND AN UNDERRATED ONE

8.5/10

RobAtSGH
RobAtSGH

Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

Boring citrus-green-woody-sporty thing. What Axe wants to be when it grows up and finally settles down in the 'burbs with the washed-up head cheerleader. A great EdC for a pack of assistant junior account managers out for some Heineken Lights.

andrea.parada ortega
andrea.parada ortega

delisious and manly

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Really intense, "aquatic orange" entrance, little bitter and sharp. Gets more fresh after a while, adorned by smooth herbs and wood nuances. Natural basil (smells like ones in my garden) with just a pinch of powderiness. Great aromatic and harmonius composition, with a delicate touch which I don't know exactly it is, possibly suede. On me, the sillage is bellow average and longevity is ok.

Edit:
Using this one again I think the sillage is nice and longevity is quite impressive. After a shower it stills here, light but present. Stay around 5h.

kazulet
kazulet

it smells ocean...

bp
bp

Simply excellent.
The longevity and projection are wonderful.
The wearer feels sexy.
I miss the days when wearing this perfume.
It is unforgettable.
Perfect.

tutu1234
tutu1234

Polo Blue is versatile, long lasting and have good silage. I would suggest everyone to use it conservatively. It's pretty linear fragrance wise not too many changes in notes even at the dry down phase. All in all its a strong fresh fragrance for everyday use. It's sophisticated in it own way and projects really well on my skin! 8/10.

samihardanian
samihardanian

یک عطر مردانه تابستانه بسیار دوست داشتنی

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

This smells absolutely manly and last the longest on my hubby. I just love it on him ! wow..!!

aray
aray

This is what I would have liked for my dad to smell like when I was growing up (my dad used Fahrenheit instead /sigh). It's a very manly, yet fresh and clean scent, very unpretentious and straight forward.

I have to say I find the commercial for it ridiculous, the guy in the spot is, what, 18? This is NOT for guys under 30, in my opinion, unless they want to seem older and wiser than what they really are ;)

GMH
GMH

Love this one, I was apprehensive before testing this one as a lot of online reviews of this fragrance had put this as a mild to moderate projecting fragrance. Alot of fragrances of this strength do not normally project for me at all but with Polo blue the projection was at least moderate & often good. It is a definate compliment getter & by far the best of the Ralph Lauren line. The cucumber & watermelon accords give this a coolness that appeals to a lot of people & the tangerine gives it a slight fruitiness, definately a BLUE/AQUATIC fresh fragrance as opposed to a citrus fresh fragrance. But a blue aquatic with a difference, certainly not generic or dull. The mossy drydown in this does not appeal to everyone but to me it seems to add a certain marine vibe to it.It gives you an impression of being by the sea but in a warm to tropical location. I Would recomend this.

melbritt24
melbritt24

Great scent for men...unfortunately my Ex bf wore it so now I don't like to smell it. Sadly, it is so popular that too many men wear it...much like D&G light blue!

fisken23
fisken23

Pure & fresh!

aniston
aniston

Bought this for my husband and we like it! Very manly and fresh. Last long too, I can still smell it on him after a day's work.

scattolini
scattolini

Polo Blue is intended for 20's and 30's something male, who has been developing great at business world or in life. It's not a mature fragrance, at all.
The perfume still has serious lasting issues, eventhough I love to wear it during the day. It's necessary to make some additional sprays, in order to maintain the scent noticeable.
Very well balanced perfume, not too sweet, not woody, not too fresh, citric, important cucumber and melon basenotes, it smells better right after its drydown. A little bit harsh at the beggining, but I use to receive a lot of female complement.
It offers great cost-benefit ratio, and I recommend for everybody's wardrobe or at least to be tested.

Final Score: 8,0

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

I think they change formula or sumthing? I just bought a new bottle today...it doesn't last at all :(

Antigone
Antigone

Loved it on my EX!

aeonthailand
aeonthailand

My wife said Polo has fascinating smell.Though I think they should improve duration of wearing.It is not kicking on me long enough.

iTone
iTone

Like the smell but I can only wear it every now and then. Gets kind of annoying if I wear it too much.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

The initial spray, i find, is a bit harsh, but that could just be the bottle my brother owns. He may have had it for quite a while.
This harshness only lasts a few seconds and makes way for a slightly citrusy, aquatic, fresh masculinity of maturity and poise, standing strong and proud.

For the right price, I would rightly consider picking one up, for a think the brand new bottle will have a better reaction to my skin.

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

Smells great! You can't go wrong with this aquatic. The only problem is that followers of Cool Water and Polo Sport have shifted to this one for a more modern smell so everyone's wearing it now. (or at least where I am from)

gianmarco

Polo blue is clean, fresh, original, masculine. POINT FINAL. So all these charaters are inoffensive and amazing. So dont ever hesitate to purchase this cologne.

Limelight
Limelight

Polo Blue has been one of my favorites for a long time. Can be strong at first, but levels off to an incredibly soft smell. Many, many compliments over the years. This was my go to scent when i was single.

jr

Fresh, Clean, CRISP! is what Polo Blue brings to mind. Yachts, Equestrian Polo, Olympics and the "New World" is what Ralph Lauren ads represent. All right, along those lines here are the fresh, clean white linen sheets, towels and omg how do they keep those Football jersey pants so white before each game? After much research, this was my Christmas gift to him and am excited to watch his reaction. Especially in the coming hot, humid summer months along the U.S. Gulf Coast! BTW: Blue IS his favorite color. The bottle already looks so inviting on the counter. He is very particular about the look and feel of bottles and will accept nothing unisex or controversial. Hopefully, another scent to lift his spirits in this economy as well. For my "National Velvet Olympic Champion" or better yet "Sail Us Away, on the Ocean Blue", it's Polo Blue this year for the "Captain of my Ship"!

Raihalica
Raihalica

in a word "outstanding". Fresh. one of my most fav prefume.

Bapi
Bapi

There are scents that though smells great but you don't buy another bottle again. And then there are some which are not that great and it's a sacred duty of yours to always have it in your wardrobe. because they are different, they are unique, and they are equally loved by people around you who really have a nose to smell.

Polo blue is that type of scent which you have to have it in your wardrobe. Because you never won't get enough of it. I've used many better scents, and still use but I've never been without it.

The scent opens with the aroma sweet melon and strong cucumber along with the hint of some citrus which is very very discreet. I bet this is one of the strongest, sweetest and longest melon-cucumber combo you'll ever find in a fragrance. The smell is so sharp, fresh and clean.
Melon-cucumber love is carried forward here to the heart which is enhanced by the geranium's richness and sage & basil's cleanliness. May be that's the reason this is a clean perfume through and through.
All the past freshness and cleanliness are brought forward to the base where the cucumber is still talking and the melon is hiding somewhere, in their act join a hint of woody-musky maturity and their total value is enriched by the suede.
It may not be the best scent in the world but it's a really really unique scent. It's uniqueness will always force you to buy another one when you finish a bottle.

It's uniqueness is also aided by it's great silage and unbelievable longevity. I'd give it a 8/10 score for it's longevity, uniqueness of the smell and originality.

Cologne Junkie72
Cologne Junkie72

A fresh,clean scent to wear to work,or for a casual outing.The scent is not annoying,and has moderate projection.It lasted about 5 hours on me.I picked up on the melon,and Mandarin orange in the initial.Dries down to a pleasantly light,and woody scent.Not a bad fragrance,but I wish it could last longer on my skin.

baronbvp
baronbvp

A great spring and summer scent with instantly recognizable melon and cucumber. The scent changes over time to a warm geranium and then a rich mossy patchouli and gently enticing musk. Ladies love it, men aren't afraid of it.
This and Polo Black are my warm weather scents for a reason.

There was once a man that I was very keen on. For years I lusted after him, until one drunken night, I let my feelings show and ended up going home with him. Polo Blue was the fragrance he wore that particular night.

I remember feeling intoxicated by its aroma, (in a good way). It was fresh, watery, a little citrusy and a touch herbaceous. Despite the fact that he was already a sexy looking guy, this fragrance made him all the more appealing.

This scent is youthful, yet masculine. It has a somewhat soapy edge that tends to become powdery as the fragrance develops.

While some dislike the dominant cucumber note, I rather enjoyed it. I used to have a sample of Polo Red, White and Blue, and in some ways, these two fragrances are similar.

This fragrance seems really suited to the young, sporty types. Unfortunately after my night with the man in question, we never saw each other again, so in some ways this fragrance has become less attractive in my eyes, just like CK's Eternity did after a two year relationship ended.

Polo Blue, although very pleasant, has shocking lasting power. I was a little disappointed to find it lasting no more than four hours. Every now and then I'll spritz this fragrance on to a piece of card to remember him, and everytime I do, I keep thinking how fresh, comforting, Summery and sporty this fragrance is.

saja5063
saja5063

I bought this when I was in my late teens and its a good scent for winter nights. It's a bit mature and felt it more suited to older gentlemen but on formal occasions and winter nights it's very good. Both sillage and longevity is very good. I tend to enjoy fresh scents more so I tend to go for other scents but lately this has become my older brothers signature scent and it suits him.

dunkan592002
dunkan592002

As rightly said by many others, this one is a good day use casual wear fragrance. Ordered a 75 ml few days back. After the first sniff, I can say that it's unique. You can't really compare it to any other perfume or say that it smells similar to any.Top notes disappeared almost in 30 min & I could smell the suede notes. Perfect for office use where you don't want an overpowering fragrance which lingers all around in the office. People have to come close to smell this one..
Minimum Sillage - 5/10.Stays close to the body
Longitivity - 7/10
Overall - 7/10

EverythingPat
EverythingPat

This is a Fresh Melon type Fragrance It works well in hot weather it would be great for the office or college. It lasts about 5-7 hours and your have to be fairly close to ones person to smell it so its not overbearing. This fragrance has a business type attitude kinda like when you walk into a clean office on the top floor overlooking the busy city below. Its not a great fragrance but its good enough for work or school. If this fragrance had a motto it would be keep it fresh. 7/10

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Ok I tried this on at a friends home. This smells promising coming out of the bottle. So I spray some on my wrist, goes on pleasant, not great. As it begins to dry all I smell is this cucumber note lingering thru the whole frag. It is very off putting. I cant get into that as I find cucumber notes to be not so good. I will say for a polo scent this is better than alot of there offerings, but it is nothing spectacular. It gets a neutral rating from me, more so on the negative side but still inbetween. There are MUCH better aquatics out there than this.

meinhoyin
meinhoyin

As times goes on Polo Blue only gets better, it starts off fresh but then quickly goes into the middle notes. The longevity is hit or miss for me. Some days it will last all day into tomorrow morning. Other days, it only last a few hours if that. Almost anyone can wear it and pull it off well, but it seems like everyone and their mom has it though.

من اجمل العطور التي اشتريتها ولا زلت احافظ على اقتنائها باستمرار
لطيف على الانف ليس ثقيلا او صلفا بل كالنسمة اللطيفة لا تمل من رائحتع ابدا

The original Polo (Green) is very classic and very manly-man smelling since it was released in the 70s, this flanker , however was released in 2003. A time when men were expected to be sensitive and PC. This fragrance echoes these expectations perfectly while hinting at the aquatics that were so popular at the time and still remaining true to the name RL Polo...

The opening contains a blend of two melons (honeydew and melon de cavallion) along with cucumber and mandarin-these blend into a sweet, succulent almost juicy opening that is truly a breath of fresh air. The heart as it develops brings the spicy floralcy of geranium with the dry greeness of clary sage and basil, this smooths the somewhat fruity opening and gives it a refined masculine air. The base combines the woodiness of moss with a soft suede accord alongside a very clean musk and the heart of patchouli(I am assuming this is a concentrate of the stalks of the plant, thus a lighter scent). PB is not the original, obviously, but it is a lighter more modern incarnation that is just as beautifully blended and I cannot think of a better Nose than the man who created the original. He did not just take Polo and water it down or douse it in calone...he made something fresh and modern that remembers its roots but goes its own way. This fragrance does not sceam "Look at ME" it catches your attention, holds you gently and lovingly lets you go until you meet again...

Sillage: close
Longevity: decent (for a mod frag)
Overall:4.5/5

Remember folks, this is not the polo player on the field or in his leather chair in the study having a cigar, this is the polo player after the match, frehly showered, looking to relax and spend some quality time with those he loves, maybe walking the beach at the Hamptons or just sitting by the pool having drinks and watching the sunset...

andrevarx
andrevarx

This EDT is very nice and fresh. This entry has its very citrus notes and refreshing, slightly fruity. The middle notes are fresh, too fresh, a little skis and a little fruity, with a sophisticated touch, is actually his middle notes outstanding. The notes are a slightly woody base, but fresh, and may even be perceived as a cool spring breeze, really enjoyable.

This fragrance combines lot personally with tropical paradises, often traveled to Acapulco, I think is a fragrance that can be described as pleasant, sophisticated, fun and youthful, almost like the spirit of this tropical beach in Mexico. I consider for appointments elegant beaches, weddings or formal events suitable for all age ranges. For an urban environment I just set it in young men and morning events, despite its elegance is too "happy" for events at night. Not suitable for romantic fragrance, but it really attracts women.

It lasts on my skin as 12 hours. It really smells like being in a beautiful beach like Acapulco, Cancun or Puerto Vallarta. One of my favorite EDT.

Manya
Manya

Had I not known what it was, I would say it's something by Davidoff! Must be the melon in the top notes.

It's so fruity and light that I had to test this on my skin. Nice and juicy, but the suede gives off a faint smell of burnt rubber :/ yuk.
Yet, I have noticed this perfume on young men before, and this unpleasant note wasn't there, so I guess it's just me.
upd: the yucky burnt note evaporated, now it just smells of clean laundry!

It's a very safe choice for summer; a sporty, light scent that girls *always* notice ;)

katmerli
katmerli

i have used several fragnance hitherto... but this is my favorite scent ever. very special and legendary fragnance... i suggest you to try...

Lance
Lance

This is amazing! So soft, one the best from group Aromatic Fougere. I like it a lot.
Longevity and sillage are both great as well!

fayez188

oh i cant stop to sniff it every day

nice nice and light >>>
He lives on my soul .. Do not leave

rdx
rdx

nice perfume with a noticeable citrus scent..but I think it doesn't fit all occasions.
u can wear it just during the day not the night.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Polo Blue holds its depth and breadth to be blue well. Conceptually, this fragrance is in citrus or even aquatic category. I really love a refreshing start thanks to cucumber, mandarin oragne and melon.

But sadly, sillage is only average. Longevity is really short. This means you only enjoy your own smell for the matter of only half an hour or an hour.

All in all. 7/10 for me. Pricey and subtle. Thank you for reading :)

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Does capture a "blue" essence in a bottle. Very light scent, though, maybe too light. I get the melon, but I also still get a little bit of a dated green piney element lurking in there, but maybe I'm just imagining original Polo. Once again I'm underwhelmed, this time by Polo Blue. Why is this so expensive? Should be like $25 for a 2.5 oz. For double you can do better.

VanAllan
VanAllan

Tried it today...very good resemblance with Bvlgari Aqua and Herrera Chic, but far less complexity and long lasting...not bad for summer, sadly it's too expensive for it's quality and originality. Try Polo Double Black, it's far better ! ☣☣

sawyer82
sawyer82

Great daytime & summer frag. I like the top & base notes. Middle notes are a little green. Decent longevity, but the sillage is weak.

andy

love the smell its a great aroma and very popular scent but it simply does not last

if u like this ur better off buying the scented roll ons they are cheaper versions of the same scent and last forever

periquito89
periquito89

I have been looking for a "blue" (yes, just blue, so not necessarily an "aquatic") scent during the last year, and have visited several times this one. At least for three purchases I received a 1,5ml sample, but I never bought even a 30ml bottle. Knowing and liking the tradicional Polo, I was expecting something more, actually, much more ... But after several mistakes (including the "four stars" Nautica Voyage - from "Perfumes - The Guide", by Luca Turin e Tania Sanchez), this miserable and lonely star ("one star", from the same book) just grew on me and overcame many others I tried thus far. This could be blame of its simplicity, and because there's nothing floral to my sense here. I got a good compliment today, from a too sensitive and seletive nose. Sillage is not good (in fact it practically doesn't exist), but the scent lasts more than I expected. Well, now it deserves a full bottle.

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance

Hmmm, this was one of my very first fragrances; I have very special memories linked to Polo Blue. Consequently my review is going to be very biased and completely subjective. (But one could argue all reviews are like that).
Polo Blue is fresh. It is a casual, calm and it goes on the skin very nicely, very comfortable to wear (I think it has something to do with the cucumber note). For me this is one of a very few male fragrances that I would actually call beautiful, yet it still manages to maintain a masculine edge.
Polo Blue can’t stand side by side with the gladiators of the fresh aquatic type scents, the Acqua di Gio, L’Eua d’Issey and Bvlgari Aqva. It doesn’t command attention as soon as you walk in a room. It’s a more subtle fragrance, which in certain situations may be just what you want.

Lastly, many men wear fragrances to attract the ladies. With Polo Blue I can say, without a doubt, I have received more compliments than any other scent.

maa82
maa82

best aquatic daytime cologne. fresh, masculine, subtle, long lasting, not overpowering , simply perfect.

alice arg
alice arg

"Polo Blue de Ralph Lauren es una fragancia aromática FOUGERE para los hombres. Polo Azul fue lanzado en 2003. La nariz detrás de esta fragancia son Carlos Benaim y Christophe Laudamiel. Notas altas: melón, mandarina y pepino; notas medias son la albahaca, salvia y geranio; notas de fondo son almizcle, notas de boscosa y gamuza."

guest_CampyCamp
guest_CampyCamp

I'm sorry but this is even worse than Explorer which can't be offensive as it doesn't hold on at all.

Blue smells on you for hours. And god, does it smell bad!

andy

its the best daytime scent anyone can wear, and its extremely sexy and unique. one thing with this brand is that they stand out over ALL other american brands and actually make colognes that dont smell like body sprays

its got a GREAT twist that makes it inviting like a bath n body works store and then it gets very sexy on the drydown without having to have musk, amber, tonka bean and other weird notes

this is the most wearable scent and a flawless cologne

enigmatict
enigmatict

On my skin this is very similar to Comme une Evidence by Yves Rocher. Sharp lily of the valley.

Goofy
Goofy

very refreshing, makes you feely lively .Wear it for work , although prefer while socialising.

guest_Papillon
guest_Papillon

Almost I wearing it for work.Very clean and not too much strong scent.This is not a type that "Hey! look at me".When I don't know that which one I'm gonna wearing this morning, this one is a good choices.

SaintLue
SaintLue

does have a good scent.Not too powerful or overwhelming but does weakin after on skin and fades fairly quick. i usually use it before i work. just too have somthing on.not too use my better perfumes

dancam86
dancam86

Very nice scent. The freshness of the cucumber and the melon makes it a perfect choice as an everyday fragrance for those who have to deal with warm, humid weather.
It´s balance an subtleness makes it equally appropriate for morning, afternoon and night use. Although I would recommend it more for informal occasions, not so much for the office wear.
This being an eminently fresh scent, I appreciate it´s lightness, but still longevity it´s definitely an issue, anyway, I recommend this one, it´s just beautiful, just be sure of getting the big bottle, It´s worth it´s value and you´re going to appreciate it.

Rockdj
Rockdj

excellent choice 4 everyday fragrance, it's one that goes on with me very crisp, clean and fruity. not overpowering at all. one of my favorites on polo line.

knightz
knightz

The scent is nice, but overall it's a big disappointment because of Polo Blue's extreme weakness. To me it smells like fruity melon with a slightly spicy Geranium on a weak Musky base, but I can only determine that if I sniff it up close. Everyone is right on when they talk of Blue's lack of projection and longevity.

Polo Blue's pleasantly spicy-sweet and non-offensive aroma lasts 2 hours maximum on me. I don't usually wear this when going out because it would be gone by the time I got to where I was going.

ticalau
ticalau

this fragrance smell great! Fresh and modern... but it's not powerful at all! On my skin dind't stay 2h :( to bad... because the notes are good! And i like the bottle 2 ;)

dandy721
dandy721

Very good fragrance but on me nobody noticed :-)

kugkng
kugkng

very light'n youthful fruity scent especially for young man suitable for summer and every lightday....girls love it,too wow! delicious*

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren 4.03 out of 5 based on 1115 ratings and 178 user reviews

Boots.com
Sephora.com, Inc.
Ralph Lauren Polo Blue 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Ralph Lauren Polo Blue 4.2 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 4.2oz
Polo Blue Gift Set by Ralph Lauren Gift Set for Men Includes 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.6 oz Deodorant Stick
Gift Set 4.2oz
Polo Blue Cologne by Ralph Lauren - -- Gift Set - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.6 oz Deodorant Stick
Polo Blue Cologne by Ralph Lauren, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Ralph Lauren Polo Blue Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Ralph Lauren Polo Blue Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Ralph Lauren Polo Blue Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Ralph Lauren Polo Blue Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Polo Blue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Polo Blue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.