Designers » R S » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Polo Blue Sport Ralph Lauren for men
dislike

herbal
Polo Blue Sport Ralph Lauren for men Pictures

Polo Blue Sport by Ralph Lauren is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Polo Blue Sport was launched in 2012. Top notes are green apple, mint, mandarin orange and cedar; middle notes are sage, ginger and green notes; base notes are fern, amber, musk, sandalowood, patchouli and oakmoss.

Green Apple Mint Mandarin Orange Cedar

Paul Smith Men

Polo Blue Sport Fragrance Reviews

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

OK at best. Apples and mint with a hint of spice. Nothing new and very typical of RL. A very safe scent for the newbies.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Since the launch of Polo for Men, in 1978, the fragrances division of Ralph Lauren came to be linked, automatically, to the famous green bottle, whose perfume is still the favorite of many men around the world. The Polo line already has more than 10 variations and is seen, generally, as a lifestyle translated into good fragrances.

Launched in 2012, this Blue Sport version maintains the same shape of the classic bottles of the line, but it can lead some inattentive clients to confusion. Why?
I'll explain: there is a version called Polo Red, White & Blue (2009), whose blue bottle has more connection with Polo Blue version than this one, which is its sports version. I still say more: the famous Polo Sport, from 1994, also has blue bottle. So, what was the point of creating a white bottle for a perfume that bears the name BLUE SPORT?

Well, speaking of the fragrance, this is a citrus-aromatic. Its top notes are green Apple, frosted Mint, Cedar leaves and Mandarin orange. In the heart, a touch of fern, ginger and Sage and, in the base, notes of patchouli, sandalwood, Oak Moss, musk and amberwood.

For the Polo Blue lovers, a total disappointment, since it didn't inherit anything from the famous accord of melon and cucumber. For the Polo Sport lovers, full identification. I wonder if Ralph Lauren wouldn't be thinking of discontinue Polo Sport, keeping only this Blue Sport version, since there is a great similarity between them.

It is worth remembering that, even being an EDT, it is a Sport version. However, if applied without parsimony, giving more sprays than you usually do, this cologne can have good projection and lasts in a satisfactory manner.

hello_12
hello_12

First cologne I purchased nothing new smells like every other average sport cologne, horrible longevity 2 hours max. I don't recommend this, I think polo should pay you to buy this, thats how bad it is. Rating: 0.5/10

devynm
devynm

The scent is pleasing and green, some sweetness in it too. Starts sharp, finishes soft.I jumped the gun when I bought this fragrance. It can do really well for me. But it is way too unpredictable, using the bottle up, but I would not buy again.

EspadaLeal
EspadaLeal

It is a perfume for the day is its duration is medium strong and its smell is great, like a breeze green!

dolphyfan
dolphyfan

My first ever cologne purchase. Comes out very strong with the first few sprays but settles quite nicely. Can get the hints of fruit and sage. By hour 3-4, sillage has decreased significantly and is better for a more intimate setting. Longevity is a hit or miss as it's still fragrant at 5 hours but only up close. Would not buy this fragrance again.

dmirror
dmirror

Nice fragrance not amazing I still like it though the green apple stands out the most I tried this one cause I own polo blue which I think is also just OK but if your thinking about buying it its a nice scent for the spring and summer longevity is around 5 to 6hrs. about average it's a non offensive scent most people will think it's decent i'll give it a 6/10 it's different nobody will know what your wearing

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

Its an OK fragrance. Nothing new here. Classy/sporty, fresh and safe scent. If you are into Ralph Lauren fragrance you will like it a lot if not is a definitely pass. The performance is below average.
2 out of 5.

nacho711
nacho711

Longevity and Sillage are bad, at least in my case, I'll never buy this fragrance again

NCL130
NCL130

Yes, this does remind me of Polo Sport. Clean, Fresh Great for everyday use in the spring and summer seasons.(weekends/work).Will not offend anyone with this one.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Smelled on a paper strip: Smells like every other trendy clean/fresh/sporty fragrance. I'm really tired of this genre.

***Mavens of Scent: It's well past time to go elsewhere on the fragrance wheel!***

Just looking at the bottle I wouldn't have bothered but it was one of those situations where the gal behind the counter quickly grabbed it and said "Here, try this!" without ever asking me what I like. Why don't they ever ask first?

Mattybono
Mattybono

Polo Blue Sport is absolutely wonderful!! It smells wonderful and lasts over 6 hours on average which is great for a fresh aquatic!
It is appropriately named for obvious reasons (smells well..a lot like original Polo Sport & Blue combined) but I think it pulls off the best of both worlds a tad bit better and I hope Ralph Lauren will consider bringing this one back on a permanent basis!
A solid purchase for lovers of Polo Blue or fresh aquatic scents 8.5/10

Raychee123
Raychee123

I used to wear Polo sport in high school. for 3 years straight I wore that stuff everyday, spraying waaaaay to much on and going through the 4.3 oz bottles like nothing (as most teens do lol). For nostalgic purposes, I always wanted to get a bottle of it again because so many memories accompanied that fragrance. I was at the mall the other day and I decided to give the polo line-up a visit once more and came across Polo Blue Sport. I am going to be honest - as someone who wore polo sport for many years, I have great difficulty distinguishing the difference between Polo Blue sport and the original polo sport. I immediately bought a bottle of it and I am instantly taken back to my highschool years and those memories. this is IMHO Polo sport in a new snazzy looking bottle. I get a little YSL Homme in the dry down, but over all, this might as well be in the blue cylinder shaped bottle with the american flag on it as the original sport was because it is the same! Oh lord do I love it!!!!

rodolfo
rodolfo

Very similar to polo sport

aeo005
aeo005

Yum yum yum! I'd be happy to use this kind of toothpaste any day, horridfrag ;)

This is a very sexy casual fragrance that I love on a man (we only have a small sample-sized bottle). It smells like what I'd imagine olympic swimmers wear haha. It's aquatic and fresh, citrusy and light. Whoever said the first whiff is like watermelon chewing gum is right on the money. But don't let that scare you! Its drydown is very different, and very masculine and sexy indeed. I will be buying a bottle for my hubby.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

This is my humble opinion, and never would I want to offend anyone who happen to love this fragrance. To me, the mix: minty green + fruity + spicy = smells similar to any toothpaste with either, single, double dose or multiple mints...

Having said that, it doesnt mean that I don't like this super-fresh EDT, I like it, that's all. Cheers!

THEBEAST
THEBEAST

THIS IS SOOOOOOO GOD ... BUT .... MAYBE IT HAVE BEEN CALLED "PURE BLUE"

CocoAy

I don't review men's cologne but I swear if I planned to break it off with a man who wore this, I'd wait till the bottle got finished first. The amber, musk, sandalwood and oakmoss punch leaves me breathless! Sex in a bottle.

periquito89
periquito89

Very mild, very safe, very clean. Some moments reminds me Jacadi Garçon, a boy's fragrance. It's more to the side of a soapy scent, than properly sporty. Well, maybe I´m saying that because Lacoste Booster is one of the most sporty scents I ever came across with. And this is not Polo Sport, which sometimes I find sickly sweet (allthough doesn't smell bad). And not Polo Blue either, which is stronger in all senses, specially in the cucumber.

cdefencer333
cdefencer333

This is a pretty good fragrance. As far as the smell itself goes, I definitely like it. It opens up a hint powdery I think, and that persists throughout the drydown. PBS is a very clean, fresh scent, and I heard its limited edition so that's kind of cool too. Cool bottle as well!

The sillage is okay. Slightly below average I would say. The longevity isn't too impressive either, but acceptable. I do 4 sprays to the chest and that lasts noticeably for about 5 hours in the office.

I would recommend trying it out.

Linden
Linden

At first whiff, I get something almost like watermelon chewing gum - along the lines of CK Escape(M). Then, rather quickly, a bitter green accord appears, with a hint of ginger and moss.
Another minute or so, and it turns into Polo Sport. WOW flashback!

drofwonders
drofwonders

I'm just wondering what the naysayers' problem is. This fragrance is major league class in a bottle. I rate it 4.8 out of 5 (I save "5" for the perfect cologne I've never worn . . . yet!). Great drydown, and as the basenotes clearly reveal, you're in for a treat. sandalwood, patchouli and oakmoss, Oh my! Those are the three BEST basenotes a man's cologne can have, in my own humble opinion. Great stuff. sillage and longavity will be different on everybody, depending on their own body chemistry -- or lack of it. I can smell this stuff all day. This is NOT "more of the same" from Polo. It is really good, appealing, clean and alluring at the same time, and worth having in your collection! Best thing they've done in years! Get it while the getting is good!

Rudy Arnak
Rudy Arnak

This is Polo Sport. The just changed the bottle.
Esto es Polo Sport. Sólo han cambiado el frasco.

lalelu
lalelu

very good fragrance with poor sillage and longavity ..

dozza14
dozza14

This is polo sport, exactly the same!

Manolete
Manolete

Smell this on a Duty Free shop, doesnt smell like the original blue, smells A LOT like Polo Sport, made me doubt about if it was the same old juice in a new bottle...

Endymion
Endymion

I just don't know what to say now...

Ps. A product called Blue yet with white bottle. Sure!

vergil_s
vergil_s

Very funny!
a sport version for a sport fragrance!

svillatoro
svillatoro

The name of the fragrance is what you should never say, so who cares about the name. The bottle is what you never show, so who cares about the bottle. Enjoy the smell, feel confident and receive compliments or MAYBE NOT....

Polo Blue Sport by Ralph Lauren 3.81 out of 5 based on 120 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Polo Blue Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Polo Blue Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Polo Blue Sport by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Polo Blue Sport by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.