Designers » R S » Woody Spicy « Groups

Polo Red Ralph Lauren for men

coffee
Polo Red Ralph Lauren for men Pictures Polo Red Ralph Lauren for men Pictures Polo Red Ralph Lauren for men Pictures

The latest edition by the house of Ralph Lauren belongs to the collection of men's fragrance Polo which finally celebrates the fiery red color this year.

Polo RED is announced as a ferocious and energizing fragrance which includes ingredients fitting the red color. The composition opens with red grapefruit united with cranberry and Italian lemon. The heart of the composition emphasizes accords of red sage, red saffron and lavender, while the "red notes" in the base are described with red wood, hot amber and fragrant coffee beans! The spicy red composition of woody-spicy character is signed by perfumer Olivier Gillotin, carrying the scent of strength, masculinity and character.

Ralph Lauren Polo Red arrives in characteristic flacon colored in red, as 45 ml, 75 ml and 125 ml Eau de Toilette along with aftershave 150 ml, 75 ml deo spray and hair and body bath 200 ml. Polo Red was launched in 2013.

Grapefruit Italian Lemon Cranberry

Gentleman

Polo Red Fragrance Reviews

andywatson90
andywatson90

This is a nice fragrance, not long lasting at all though it could be my skin as certain fragrances do not last long at all, if purchasing try first or buy a 30ML, I still have a big bottle and I just blast it throughout the day in work, I recevied a compliment when I just sprayed it and my colleague came sniff my neck an hour late and it has literally disappeared.

Jarrodrc
Jarrodrc

I am so taken back by this fragrance. I got a sample size bottle in a package deal and decided to spray it on my hand and forgot about it, through out the day i kept smelling Fruit Punch, Cranberry and Grapefruit and was shocked to find out it was the Polo Red.

The smell is spicy at the initial spray but quickly settles into the fruity notes.

The smell it settles on is Fruit Punch but oddly switches back and forth to a spicy note. Eventually the Fruit Punch is what dominates.

I will be purchasing the 3.4 oz bottle very soon!

Major Notes: Fruit Punch/Cranberry

Last about 3-4 hours for me after initial sprays.

Scent: 8.7/10
Projection: 7.8/10

fl1180
fl1180

This fragrance continues to surprise me. Sometimes all I smell is cranberry/fruit punch/lemon...other times all I smell is spice/cedar/wood. It's subtle enough to wear anytime while its longevity is good enough to be applied in the morning and last the day. I really like it...I've been wearing it often.

JustAverage
JustAverage

This is an edit. I have had more nights out with it and my previous review didn't do it justice. This is one of my signature date night scents. Its a nice scent, women love it. Coffee, cranberry, and amber are the main players here. The sillage and longevity are not that good though. Just the cologne alone gets you about 2 hours longevity. You'll also have about a foot of silage for the same time. Layering it with the deodorant and aftershave balm and body spray adds layers that keep it going little bit longer. If you like the scent don't just stop at the spray, try to get an accompanying product to enhance it. The smell beats the edp version but not performance. This is a richer, more complex scent than the edp.

ewueag
ewueag

10 out of 10. Best fragrance on the market. Worth every penny smells amazing.

mkpunk
mkpunk

This is sweet but no where near as soapy as Polo Blue in the best way possible. Polo Red while sweet is dark. It is kind of the red velvet cake of Polo fragrances. I guess that is why I really enjoy wearing it.
I'd rate this as a 8/10 because it lasts and smells good.

Theborr
Theborr

This is one of my absolute favourite fragrances. Unfortunately it is not long lasting. Some times I have to put my nose to the skin to feel the smell after only 15-20 minutes. Thats to weak. But the scent itself is so good that it compensates the weakness. This fits every season of the year in my opinion. Top 3 on my list!

learnincurve
learnincurve

This is absolutely now a unisex fragrance. Top note isn't I'll grant you, but the dry down is very familiar to people who love women's/Unisex gourmand perfume. It's an interesting example, as they usually are when they stop being lazy and defaulting to vanilla bomb but it seems like they forgot to replace the vanilla.

This seems very much to be a unisex fragrance marketed at men who would normally not touch unisex with a 10ft bargepole.

Mikeinmich
Mikeinmich

I just bought this yesterday. Its my newest perfume and one of my very favorites. I sampled most of the other "colors" of Polo, and I didn't think any of them were special, some I really disliked. I just passed by a Macy's counter this month, sampled POLO RED for the first time, and fell in love with the scent. I tried it a few times, since I wanted to be sure. I'm sure! I have a dozen other fragrances, so I didn't really need more, but this scent is special. Its very sweet and reminds me of cotton candy. I haven't seen it on anyone's Top Ten list, but its on mine. I also bought the "intense" perfume version at the same time, and while they are very close, this one has a better scent, IMHO. I am going to try alternating them, and layering them to see how much projection and longevity I can get out of the combination.

bondianflavor
bondianflavor

This could have been called Polo Ralph Lauren Gentlemen Only.

That's how smooth and elegant it is. A masterpiece.

If Invictus was Superman, then this could be Clark Kent. An elegant gentlemanly "strong and quiet type" aroma, peaceful, but equally masculine to it's louder prouder more virile brother.

The coffee and wood notes paired up with the flowery fruity sweetness creates a romantic effect, almost aphrodisiac.

There really is no way to improve this aroma except to make an Eau de Parfum version. Polo Red Intense is not that version because it has extra notes that turn it into a completely different odor. What is needed is the exact same odor, but greater projection and staying power. Ralph Lauren needs to retain Polo Red as a classic and never discontinue it. It's that good.

Dirt Dog
Dirt Dog

Polo Red just travelled over to my offseason shelf. As for a breakfast comparison it is pretty easy to suggest that it is a half cut unpeeled chilled red grapefruit that you eat with a serated spoon.

Polo Red is a fabulous fragrance. It gives you a sweet cranberry, citrus fruity top and moves across its heart quickly to settle into a traditional woody and amber base. The coffee hangs around with a pleasant aroma and the saffron gives it a bit of a kick. It does have a slight generic cologne feel to it but the blend is quality so the complaint is mild.

Performance on this one is disappointing. You want designer to give you 8 hours and even with extra sprays you might find this one gives you 4-5 with enough skin scent to call it 6. It would be difficult to imagine sillage ever being too loud with this fragrance short of going with 20 sprays. Sometimes people get too hung up on performance and sometimes like with Lanier Smith they factor it out completely. If I need performance, I can reach for Angel Men fragrances on my shelf and if I need to be polite then Polo Red will do. But usually going with a few extra sprays gets me to where I want to go and probably 50% of the time, if I wear this going out, I bring a decant of it.

Usage of Polo Red has been relatively heavy though pulls have been moderate. This is a nice choice for me with dinner dates, outings with friends, and casual fun situations. I do find this to be an excellent scent for Thanksgiving and it has been my preferred go to scent when I find cranberries on my plate. When I bought Polo Red it was still "new" and I bought a big huge 6.8 ounce bottle to get my cost down to $15 an ounce and I have used about a third of it. I do not own a backup bottle of this and do not expect that I ever will. Though if I did get this down to 25%, I would probably consider a purchase of Polo Red Intense. Ralph Lauren does not retire or discontinue fragrances quickly or without warning so I have less fear that this one will disappear than with many of my others.

Overall, I am going to grade this one out at 87. It gets a couple ticks of points above a solid B rating and is a half grade better than another color scent, Bleu de Chanel, that lives in the nice smelling all season designer category. I am grading Polo Red excellent on scent and pulling out the red marker to knock it down on performance. And it gets a couple of knocks for price. I had to get a huge bottle to get it down to the $15-$20 per ounce price range where I expect designer to live. It has come down 33% in price over the last few years and today you can get a normal sized bottle at discounters for about the same $15 an ounce price point, or even a big 200 ml in the $10 per ounce range. Its possible to spend $150 for a big 10 ounce bottle if you really love it and can still find the bonus packages. Performance is spotty with this one so even with those big bottles, they might drain faster than you would imagine and they might be resistant to fragrance paperweight disease.

Polo Red is a fragrance that creeps into rarified grade A territory based on its scent and you will find many associates of your life that will love it and few that will gripe. Polo Red is a fragrance that I enjoy but not one that I like so well that I want to wear often.

If you do fancy this guy, as for performance issues you do have options. You can buy a big bottle and use more sprays; or perhaps you can dedicate a decant to sit by it on the shelf. Polo sells bottles in big 7 ish and 10 ounce versions. The 10 ounce bottle that I saw came with a pocket sized travel spray and so if you went that route, you might get 11. And of course you can buy the intense version.

I once went to Dillards smiled at a favorite sales associate and she pulled some testers out of her secret stash and I sprayed the regular on the left hand the the Intense on the right and went to a movie. Overall, they were 95% similar in scent with the intense having a bit darker richer smell; and the intense version lasted maybe 90 minutes to 2 hours longer than my own. Even the Intense version is still short of what I expect from a Designer fragrance performance category that lives 2 full neighborhoods closer to the country club than do budget scents. And mind you, you can find nice smelling budget, that will last 10-12 hours and still sell for under $20 a bottle.

Polo Red is a scent that I like. Its sweet fruity and jolly on top and it has a quite nice woody base that few mention but is actually underrated in this fragrance maybe because that dry down arrives too quickly and leaves too soon.

For the person wanting a lighter scent that is office safe, sociable, and optimistic, this fragrance is fabulous. It can be worn all year round if you want, though I like it best in fall with maybe a use or two in unseasonably balmy winter days. Certainly its light enough to be easily worn in summer, though for me, I prefer others when its hot.

I absolutely love a good Texas red grapefruit. Its honestly not filling as a meal but it doesn't leave you hungry either. It's juicy, tasty, chewy, and sparkles in the mouth.

coasterfan
coasterfan

Of all the fragrances I have, this one and Spicebomb draw the most compliments.

BeOrtega
BeOrtega

love the clothes but not the frags :( i swear i have tried

polo red opens with a pleasant cranberry note and a blast of honey and spic which to most on here seems to be heaven but i cant seem to look past the fact that this scent reminds me of something a older man would wear even tho this doesn't exactly smell old more like a modern twist on a older scent?

polo red seems to have a very heavy cologne vibe one so heavy that im afraid if you over sprayed it maybe possibly clear a room

i can see why so many people seem to love this scent as it does fall into that dark rich and spicy category that most men seem to find appealing but i would think to a trained nose this smells very synthetic and over done

i personally wouldn't hate on someone who loves this but i find it my duty to try and steer them into something with more substance

i wont be adding this to my collection as im to far into my fragrance journey and know that for this price point you can find something better

either way give this a try you may just love it

on to the next

graysbeardcare
graysbeardcare

Ok so all I smell is Red Grapefruit and Red Cedarwood
So if your a Woodsman this is your brand
But the have a sampler brand called
Beverly hills polo blaze if you wanted to try it

greenpepper
greenpepper

Tried this a few times. I like the opening - nice and fresh, a bit different because of the cranberry, and the saffron gives it a bit of zing.

The opening gives it this vibe of an ordinary scent that you have run across many times, but with a little something in the background to give it a narrow escape from generic.

The drydown and base, that is where it got pretty ordinary to me.

So, no groundbreaking stunner. Very Sears.

But: its nice enough though, I guess there is nothing not to like. I wouldn't buy it , but if I got it as a gift or something I would wear it now and then.

arenee92
arenee92

Sexy! Masculine. I definitely pick up the richness that the coffee note gives. Other than that, amber and citrus are the main things I get from this. Pretty inoffensive, I can see this working for a lot of guys in lots of different age ranges.

Casper112
Casper112

It's a masculine strong scent. Some mentioned it could be unisex - I really don't see that at all.

It's not a cologne that you should over apply. Go easy on the trigger! (1-2 sprays works well on me).

It could be worn by all ages - 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s 60s etc.

I don't suggest to blind buy it. Give it a try though.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

No thanks. I was given a good sized sample of this to try out a few weeks ago. It’s a total scrubber on me - I washed off the initial spray on my hand when I received it. This reminds me of Enrique Iglesias’s (?) Adrenaline - cheap, synthetic, etc.

What I will say about the top notes is that they are great. The initial opening of cranberry, lemon and grapefruit is highly pleasant and offers a sweet contrast to the heavy and synthetic saffron which dominates the rest of the scent. It’s too bad it (fruit) don’t last too long. I suppose I’m just not crazy about saffron in some scents, I think it smells rather cheap when mixed in certain ways. The base notes are basically an amber and wood mixture which isn’t bad.

I guess it looks as if I’m going against the grain on this one. Seems like most people enjoy it, but I think I’ll pass on this one.

grumpycloud
grumpycloud

It's intensely citrus and sweet(not the sugary sweet delicious "gourmand" type). It doesn't develop, and i really didn't get the "warm spicy" out of this cologne. It was pretty linear. I didn't get the coffee aspect of it. It just smelled like straight up grapefruit, pepper and wood.

mse-21
mse-21

Excessively sweet fruity scent. Not much development on my skin. It can be easily a unisex scent.

Very strong scent that unfortunately doesn't work for me.

lou6
lou6

''I've already smell it before''....yes it was an axe bottle that I wear when a was a teen...
But its a little bit more mature than AXE but still childish in my opinion.. 16 to 25 years old
Great Cherry, citrus and coffe scent 2-3 sprays last
6-7 hours
not a projector but decent projection
FALL and winter scent in the day but more magic at night
not safe for office but wearable with 2 sprays
after the gym, dates, night out and casual
good complements factor
7.5/10

paul.carpenter
paul.carpenter

Beautiful fragrance.

Could easily be a unisex smell. The berry note upfront is a bit unconventional in a masculine scent, but it works nicely in the mix.

The star of the show is when you reach the ambery, woody, spicy finsih.

Does not have massive projection on me after an hour or so... gets pretty close to the skin, but that's how I like it.

Longevity is standard to slighlty short (just reapply in the afternoon).

Something about this one just kills me...

justin.mullins
justin.mullins

Energtic, fruity, lively, with a hint of spice. This is something that I turn to on special occasions when I want to feel good. I have been very pleased with this colonge and I receive a ton of compliments

Asadullah
Asadullah

I am selling a 200ml bottle of this UK only. Its been used a couple of times but it should still contain around 190-195ml. If youre interested, pm me.

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

This is a great scent and is 1 of my go to fragrances for work in the colder seasons !

This starts off with some awesome light citruses and that very nice cranberry note giving it a nice uplifting smell ! (I love spraying this on in the morning because its actually an uplifting smell to my nose)

In the mid the cranberry and citruses go from being the mainplayers in this fragrance to creeping in the background and the coffee note comes to be the main player but with the citruses and cranberry in the background.

The drydown is pretty much the same except then it becomes an almost gourmandish scent when the amber comes into play mixing with the coffee making this a sweet scent. Also surprisingly enough that cranberry note holds on but is only in the very distant background.

Performance on this above average. It lasts on my skin anywhere from 4-6 hours and for that first hour projects pretty well but quickly dies down to a skin scent. However on my skin it does leave a nice little scent trail so people will smell this and its a compliment getter for sure (Actually this is a scent my girlfriend picked out for me)

Overall id rate this a solid 8 out of 10 ! I personally love this fragrance and its 1 of my go to's for work and for the colder seasons.

Some people may say this is generic and unoriginal and I agree with the fact that its unoriginal but because its so pleasant I cant say its generic

I'm in between liking and loving this frag. It smells great and gets compliments but it's not on the same page as my more elite frags i own

samiur.rahman.773
samiur.rahman.773

Very sweet and unappealing. Longevity is shit as it doesn't stay for more than 2 hours. Projection is next to zero.

TheNewEra
TheNewEra

***I haven't tried intense yet so perhaps that version may have fixed some of small issues***

Pros:
- Prominent Fruity and citrus notes
- Excellent coffee note (from a non-coffee drinker)
- Balanced blend of notes
- Won't overload your senses
- Last fairly long for about 3-6 hours
- Light inoffensive scent great for the office
- All season, any time cologne
- Reminds me of some Cuba collection colognes slightly
- Also is similiar to 1 million Cologne
- Excellent for a signature scent

Cons:
- Sillage is decent but quickly dies to to sit extremely close to skin
- Some people may find this too sweet/citrusy
- Longevity is good but sillage isn't great to complement it

Unknown Aspect:
- Could be a pro or con but this has one of those "Where did I smell this before?" aspects. One could say it imitates/includes elements of some top colognes, or you could say its just a generic scent.

I recieved this cologne as a sample and carried it around completely forgeting it was in my bag. I am glad I eventually found it! This is a great scent for those looking for a truly sweet scent that isn't too feminine. The coffee aspect really adds a nice twist that you wouldnt expect from a citrus/sweet scent. Is a great all season scent and can be used anytime. I feel the best is the morning due to its energizing scent. I feel a lot of effort went in to creating this cologne and it shows.

The longevity is decent but the sillage falls short after an hour or two really countering longevity effect (as many have already complained about). However DO NOT OVERAPPLY to get longer results, this could easily overload others from enjoying it.

Overall its a great scent that really is unique yet could be mistaken for other colognes. It would be great as a signature scent for somebody younger looking for a good all round cologne.

caifan
caifan

Ralph Lauren has also taken its sweet fragrance joining the current trend, although I have not tried the Double Black that came before this one and as I read it more powerful. The most popular Polo fragrances have been its aquatic´s and Green Polo and I think this version have released a more current youthful tastes.

On his way out briefly reminded me of Versace Eros, but only a couple of minutes as their citrus output is very short, which is distinguished after a woody smell with resins and coffee. In this transition from its development, Polo Red reminded me of another sweet fragrance with notes of coffee as Givenchy Play Intense.

Its composition is not very original, but its aroma turned very pleasant for me. I see it nigth potential and best use in cool or cold climates.

It have medium projection and sillage up 10 hrs.

mostpeopleheresmellgood
mostpeopleheresmellgood

Very warm and nice scent that can be worn year-round. Probably best on a younger man.

simon.edwards
simon.edwards

Love it, love it, love it! When I go scent testing, I always get a get this at the end. Its sweet, warm and not really that spicy - more playful and embracing if anything. A lot of comments suggest its fiery / spicy, but not really - its a warm friendly fragrance - perhaps for weekends or nights out - not for work.

In terms of notes, I get the sage / saffron and amber - for me, the citrus element doesn't really stand out. Moderate longevity and sillage - which is fine, because I don't want a stream of people sniffing me all-day, and besides, I'd rather keep it to myself :)

Squizzy99
Squizzy99

rudy tutti fresh and fruity,

THE FOUR 1111
THE FOUR 1111

This is the one that started my journey into fragrance. I fell in love on the first smell. The citrus in the open is fresh but not sharp, the mid is pure joy with the soft woodsy smells the base comes to soon and is a bit too light but still wonderful. Complements every time, the ladies love this stuff! Longevity: the first hour is deceivingly strong, hours 2&3 are magic, then it sits close to the skin for maybe 3 hours more. A small reapplication at the 3rd hour can take you through a night.

Danceswithscent
Danceswithscent

Yuck. Super sweet synthetic mess. Last all of 15 minutes then is a more pleasant skin scent. I can imagine smelling the stench of this in the club or in the halls of schools on every little douche nugget who's doused himself in this. I have a 13 yr old nephew this is perfect for. Haha

thepro25
thepro25

Great scent for a cold night going to a club or something.
Quite sweet but modern i think this suits guys who are more justin bieber looking.

Hazazi91
Hazazi91

With this juice I don't care about longevity even if it would last me 5mins I would buy this again and again I love the scent soon much it's my signature scent and when I wear this I love myself

grug
grug

A combination of MJ Legend, Versace Eros and Varvatos Vintage. Sweet spices, creamy coffee and smooth patchouli (although its not listed - perhaps the sage and woods). Nice, but nothing which sets it apart from other scents. That said, it may be exactly what some people are after. Worth checking out if any of the above three appeal to you.

warrioromar
warrioromar

Polo Red is youthful fragrance by by Ralph Lauren, in first sniff it is quite out of character for RL, but soon it settles with elegant Ralph Lauren woody background, with an young and inviting scent plays on top. It might smell like something you have smelled before, but the beauty of it comes when you find the most perfect balance between freshness and spiciness, this is truly daring, energetic, seductive. It is Fiery RED, it is for someone who plays with danger. I will be straight to point about it's longevity, in my skin it last 4-6 hours mild projection, but after about 4-6 hours, it stays as amazing skin scent. So I will disagree with reviewer who said it lacks performance(at least on my skin). People will close to you will definitely make a comment. I can confidently dare a girl to dislike this cologne.. It can be perfect date fragrance and almost addictive . It may not be the project monster, but do you need a project monster and unwanted attention all the time? Perhaps sometimes you do need to be understated. Having said that, this is not a dull scent at all, rather Polo Red presents it's beauty in subtle and elegant way, and once people come closer to you, they can feel the daring and playful part of it. **Polo Red is better fragrance in every aspect than it's intense version in my opinion, apart from projection** Polo Red is unquestionably masculine and daring.

PS: Is it only me who find something in common about Polo Red with a Red Ferrari? If a Ferrari ever can be a Chic Magnet, so does Polo Red. Until you get a Ferrari, get a Polo Red, and it will not disappoint you, guaranteed! Feel free to get a Ferrari to compliment this wonderful fragrance. BAAAM!!!

norbertholy.com
norbertholy.com

Nice sweet fruity beginning and little coffee at the end what coming up very soon and than end of story. Great soft fragrance for every day, but the weak longevity isn`t good point.

thefragteen
thefragteen

Loooove this one! Longevity is pretty bad but the scent is great! And the gurls love it!!!

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

I do get similarities between this and One Million. The quality of scent alternates among "terrible" to "just ok" to "almost pleasant". Nothing original here, but I can see why some may like it.

[email protected]
qilaparfume@yahoo.co.id

mix BOSS BOTTLE & ONEMILLION PACOROBANNE
opening boss bottle and drydown One million

TheMan McEssien
TheMan McEssien

I recall one of the most interesting comments here by a certain "Pentecostal Smell Good" dated August 26, 2014. He was like (and I quote him verbatim ac literattim): "If they released an intense version, I would be sold. But, that is not the case." Now, Ralph Lauren Polo Red Intense launches March 2015! Will he be sold???
While I'm not a fan of Ralph Lauren Polo colognes, I must confess they have nice stuff! Out of curiosity, I bought Supreme Oud (just to build by Oud 2015 Collection). Now, on hearing about Polo Red Intense, I need to have an olfactive experience of Polo Red before trying the "Intense". I just hope I will love the EDP version... after trying out the EDT (Polo Red)!

khosro.zk
khosro.zk

It is a masculine and nice scent. I have a feeling that citruses are synthetic, but does not really matter, because they vanish soon. Fruity woodsy coffee. Nice smell. The performance is not the best. The scent become soft very soon.

It is not the scent that I like, but you will receive large amount of compliments with it in first 2 hours. After 2 hours, you will not receive any compliment, because nobody detect any smell from you.

jojoh19
jojoh19

Love this stuff! The only polo fragrance I really enjoy. This is my signature scent right now until I find something that beats it. Women are crazy about it and I have no complaints about the performance. This is my secret weapon for date nights ;)

jdfarley
jdfarley

Was given a gift set of a knock-off version of Polo Red, so my first impression might not be completely accurate. But if the knock-off version is even a little bit close to the real thing, then I say: Not too bad. Warm, fruity, a bit chocolatey, but still fresh. Could see this as a casual night time fragrance, definitely not a t-shirt and jeans kind of cologne. May have to get myself a bottle of this stuff, it smells pretty nice!

dmirror
dmirror

Nice fragrance by polo I read some of you guys reviews saying that this fragrance has longevity issues not the case with mine I get around a good 6 hours or a little longer but then again I wear it in the winter cold weather I usually go with 4 to 5 sprays and use the deodorant with it it works out well with me nice sweet fragrance with a little spice all good 7/10 it ain't the best ever but it sure does smell good

Brett.Spriester
Brett.Spriester

Not bad, but a little too spicy for my tastes (although to be fair I'm not a huge spice fan in general). Average longevity and slightly above average sillage.

WayneDN

This was very disappointing. The smell is ok but the longevity is calculated in minutes. RL what are you thinking? Your juices used to be so long lasting and now very poor. Too bad! So many other great choices out there with staying power. Skip this company.

ethanfp582
ethanfp582

Awesome! Smells great. Very addictive, but the longevity is god-awful.
rating: 6.5/10

mystery_grafx
mystery_grafx

If your wearing Le Male, Issey or Versace, this fall and spring use polo red. My 8 year old wore it to school one day and now he asks for it because the girls said he smelled nice. Longevity is not the greatest at all but by the time your ready to go out, spray it again

Plucus21
Plucus21

Don't waste your time. While this does smell good with the cranberry in the top the longevity is GARBAGE! This smells similar to Versace Eros, the main difference being the cranberry in Polo Red versus the mint in Eros. Polo Red is also more synthetic smelling. Eros blows this out of the water though with longevity and natural smell. Polo Red would smell better than Eros if it wasn't so synthetic though. Overall it is a waste of time and money. Eros last 3 to 4 times longer than this garbage. I'm done with Polo and their highly marketed drugstore quality fragrances.

EddyC
EddyC

Just another casual fragrance with average longevity and projection

freddo
freddo

This Juice will have chicks buzzing around you like flies over fresh dog shit. The fresh spicy and citrus notes come out of nowhere like an RKO. Buy this if you have the oppurtunity and you wll not regret it! 8/10 would fap again.

KellyGrant
KellyGrant

This is nice, safe cologne. If you don't want to be the center of attention but still smell nice this will fill the bill. My only negative would be the longivity which for me after four sprays was only an hour. So I guess it is "shortgivity." The coffee is gard to detect though. Its citrus enough but doesn't have much of a base to give it life.

SimonTheBarnett
SimonTheBarnett

As someone who rarely buys Cologne let me tell you this: Trust your nose! After not having any Cologne for quite some time i decided it was time to go out there and pick the right one for me. I pretty much went through the entire selection of testers and nearly walked out at how boring and 'management employee' they were. Then i got to this one, Polo Red, the only Cologne that put a smile on my face. A pleasure to wear and the wife likes it too... a bit too much in fact. Having trouble keeping up with her desires lately if you know what i mean ;) 100/100

periquito89
periquito89

I tried January this year and thought too sweet and uninsteresting. Then I read the more recent reviews and tried it again. It's sweet, but not too much. But remains uninsteresting since recalls me too much of other sweet scents that I already discarded from my list. "Safe, unoriginal and boring", is what I also get.

For me 212 Vip is a far more interesting sweet scent, although based on 1 million and far more common these days, I smell easily around, even during the day.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

My girlfriend bought this for me as a gift. I was skeptical since I had already tested it at Dillards not even a couple of months prior. She likes it and she spent over 80 bucks to get it for me so I was definitely happy to get it. I got home and decided to spray a generous amount on and test its potency. It didn't take long to get my answer. Not even 5 seconds later, my aunt (who was visiting) stepped to my doorway and said, "Wow what did you spray on? It's pretty damn strong!" Here I was thinking it was weak! After wearing it about a week, I'm liking it more and more. That streak hit a brick wall when I picked up another bottle in my collection - Eros. The two scents smell very similar. VERY similar. The only thing Eros has on it is more strength. Eros will kick you in the teeth if you spray on too much. I put on like 4 to 5 sprays of Polo Red and didn't have any issue with it. If you don't have Eros, Polo Red wouldn't be a bad scent to own. If you have Eros, I honestly think you can pass on this one.

Ivano

This is such a great fragrance. It's a very comforting scent, I don't know why, it has even surprised me, I didn't think when I bought it that I was going to wear and enjoy Polo Red this much.

The scent is cozy but at the same time clean because of the mix of fruit with herbs and sexy due to it's sweet touch of amber and coffee, it's one of those fragrances that plays with hot and cold notes, it starts fresh and gradually goes beautifully warming up but without getting too thick, overwhelming or inappropiate. It makes me feel elegant, sexy or energetic depending on my outfit so it's quite versatile. It's just great and lasts a long long time on my skin, even after a shower, with great projection for the first hour and moderate after that.

I highly recommend trying out this scent. I don't care about syntheticness when something smells this good, has this presentation and at such a great price.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Nice, inoffensive and unexceptional. The sort of thing that wives and girlfriends buy for men who aren't really into fragrance.

yarks
yarks

The woman behind the counter gave me a sample. "This is their newest one! Oh, and it's a top seller!"

Oh is it now? Anyways, while I do find the top notes and such pleasant, I don't find the fragrance to be anything above average. It has a serious fruity vibe with some spice. Now what does that remind me of? Oh yeah, 1 Million. Yep, this is Polo Ralph Lauren's infiltration into the hip cologne market yet again, much like Blue's ripoff of Acqua di Gio. But while I think Blue improved upon ADG (removed the horror notes), Red doesn't improve much upon popular fruity fragrances. Its projection and longevity are laughable and the scent isn't worth the premium price tag. I'm sorry to say that Red is the flower you find that might be pleasant to sniff, but you wouldn't want to add to the bouquet. I don't really recommend this.

Toningston
Toningston

My wife bought it for me and i freaking love it :)

Pentecostal Smell Good
Pentecostal Smell Good

bonovox

My friends, I want to love this one so much you have no idea. My first fragrance of Polo Green brings back the fondest memories and some not so fond, but if sense is the closest to memory then there is no doubt about Ralph Lauren and Polo. The notes of this one upon first spray are beautiful and combine so well. It has just a classic combination of all these fruits, amber, and at the very back you get the sage that really makes a a sporty but at the same time mature and professional. We had spent the day smelling all of these fragrances and putting them into their seasons and notes, and my sister was the one to point out as many of us have here, that you can wear this in any season, at any event, at any part of the day. Like I said... I want to love this one so much. I want Ralph Lauren and Polo to have something in common with my 30s and 40s that it did for me in my teens.

Sadly, whatever magic it held on the testing strip were my first spray was gone after literally 15 minutes on my skin. I sprayed it four times on one side, three on the other, once on each wrist and once on each elbow bend only to have my sister who is riding shotgun tell me that she can only smell the air freshener in the car. Come on!! Over the red cranberry, saffron, grapefruit,?? With the drydown of Amber and coffee Bean?? She was right though. When I smell my wrist 20 minutes later... Poof, gone. So synthetic, so weak, it's no wonder they sell it in 4.4 ounce bottles because you will literally have to stay under the shower and use the shaving gel, deodorant, body lotion, just for somebody to notice that you are wearing a pretty decent scent. Alas, Ralph Lauren and Polo we bid each other farewell.

I can't be the only person that this sounds familiar with. If you bury your nose in my neck you could have smelled it yesterday :-) but "today is another day".

Madholm
Madholm

I work with someone who wears this and I find it very offensive, but to each his own. I only asked what he was wearing so I could avoid.

YellowFlash
YellowFlash

Not groundbreaking. But I love it. I get zero coffee out of this, which is great. It's just a nice, casual and fun scent. It has poor longevity for some and even I don't get 10 hours out of it, but for what I get I don't regret the purchase. I think it depends on how well you care for your skin and such as to how long it lasts.

I bought the gift set for $86. That got me a 125ml bottle, 40ml travel size bottle, aftershave balm and body wash. For the price point and just how pleasant the scent is, I had to get it. I had cash to burn and room in my wardrobe for something different. There are better scents to purchase than this if you have to budget or don't have the room, but if you do and you get a good deal like I did then it's worth picking up.

Manny44
Manny44

Agree with the guy below me, more or less. The opening cranberry note is LUSCIOUS. Really amazing but it last 20-25 minutes at most. I was really dissapointed by the dry down. In my opinion, Givenchy Play Intense and Play both blow away the dry down of Polo Red. I wouldn't dare wear this in warm weather, too gourmandish. GPI smartly offsets the sweetness with patchouli, Polo Red misses that trick.

bonovox

So I literally sat there and tried every single Ralph Lauren fragrance of the last 10 years at the outlet mall. It was a beautiful day so I wandered into the fragrance side. After many dizzy spells, nauseating moments, flashbacks to junior high and bathing myself in the green bottle, this was the only one that I would consider buying.

Why? It has that classic scent that we all know from Ralph Lauren but has a more mature vibe to it. I can see it easily fitting into just about occasion, work, play, dress without causing too much of a fuss and without too much fanfare it smells very "American". Sporty yet clean and professional. The only problem is after I got the top notes off which were very cranberry mixed with amber and citrus, it either disappeared on me or turned into something that was a little more heavier.

Not what I wanted for an 85° day. Probably the woodsy notes, coffee and sage. But it was very close to the skin so wasn't offensive to anybody else and really tolerable. It wasn't a fragrance that I would spray on knowing that I would be smelling it on my pillow the next morning were snuggling with that special person. But it is one that you can spray, spray, and spray if you're going to be outside watching the fireworks on the Fourth of July. That's kind of the impression I get from this.

Overall if you can find a good deal on it because it comes in a gigantic bottle it would not be a bad buy.

checky
checky

I find this fragrance quite feminine, especially in the dry down.
Now, I'm not usually a fan of things like this but I got a lot of compliments and it grew on me. The compliments helped.

jdawg
jdawg

I love it! Ideal for both day and night wear. Just doesn't last very long. Worth the buy!

seekritdude
seekritdude

A scent that is pretty skin dependant unfortuantely. On paper this smells great, and at times almost gives me a rochas man kinda vibe. Theres a gourmand and almost delicousness to it. Unfortunately on my skin, this is awful, skin scent from basically the first spray. And longevity is generally bad and at best only ok. The nice tastyness to it on my skin isnt their as well. And only very rarely will I get a warm whisper of this. Which is disapointing as its the best part. On my skin I get more of the juicy sorta freshness to it. But even that can be misleading as again.. Right from first blast its a skin scent on me. That being said again it smells great on paper. And I ended up giving my decant of it to my brother and its defintely has more of a tasty smell to it on him, and smells good. Sadly doesnt work on my skin in any shape way or form. And ultimately is another pretty much awful release in the line.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Very gourmandish..smell like rochas man to my nose..i think it sticks close to skin because I received two compliments the first day i wore it in close quarters..this has the same vibe as new haarlem, rochas man, versace eros and givenchy play intense...so if u like any of those u might enjoy this

alonzo.schönewald
alonzo.schönewald

Well,
to me anything that is a main drugstore player is boring, always smells the same,
i do not like this but it does remind me of those kind of crayons that were sold mid 90's with scent to them ... it smells exactly like those crayons .
and besides that it smells like halloween make up.

roll4fun
roll4fun

Although Fragrantica classifies Polo Red as a Woody Spicy, this seems very much like a Gourmand type of fragrance. This based on a recent test spray at mall department store.

From start to finish, I'm very much getting that the coffee notes are the star of the show. Early to mid life (up to 3 hours) I get a cranberry cocktail competing with, but never really supplanting the coffee show.

"Polo Red" lasted 6 hours on my skin, though it became very close to skin scent after 3 hours. I like this, as it seemed well balanced throughout the entire evolution with amber/woody notes preventing frag from being mistaken for a Starbucks lounge.

My "like" is more in the realm of a feel good about wearing, but not quite a must buy. I'd rate at least a solid "try".

cdresz
cdresz

This one wears my skin with smoothness and a hint of sourness. I get the same vibe or feeling as from Calvin Klein's Euphoria, but Polo Red is much more intense. Between the two Polo Red projects much farther and lasts longer. Very "professional image" scent, would work well for someone in an office.

GodlyGil
GodlyGil

The top smells to me like lemon sherbet, sweet and very fresh. There's an underlying coffee note throughout, but warm and comfortable as opposed to 'wake the hell up'. Very unique, very good.

jochris
jochris

smells like cramel coffee ,berry`s,some where out there a wood being toast by a smoke...delicious..the first time i sniff it reminds me of diesel the brave but the dry down is very different..

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

I don't mind that this fragrance is getting all these BAD REVIEWS. Wanna know why? Body chemistry, dearie...simple as that. Although I will agree that this scent gave me a case of deja-eau (I've experienced this fancy smellin' water before somewhere), I'm enjoying the fact that on me, it transforms itself into something that doesn't smell ANYTHING like all those generic fragrances out there.

Although I am female, I make my own rules when it comes to pleasures, so even though Polo Red was intended for males, I read about this fragrance's ingredients and they seemed to beckon my attention. The color of the bottle pleased me as well so it seemed only natural I give it a try. Now, I wouldn't consider this a very masculine scent but I wouldn't call it feminine either. It reminded me a little of Jil Sander's Feeling Man but not as complex and less sensual and also, of the old Polo Sport but not as vivid or aquatic. Which speaking of aquatic, I don't sense any "heat" coming from this fragrance too, it seems "almost" aquatic. Hm, let me get a few more sniffs from my wrists so I can take a moment to be more clear about my review, k?

-35 min later-

Polo Red...
if there is anything I've enjoyed from Ralph Lauren's fragrance lines is that he has a way of releasing really good fragrances for the athletic, outdoorsy types. I personally wouldn't wear this for a romantic dinner, nor the office. But, I would use to keep me happily burning along at the gym or when I feel particularly more dominant than usual when out and about.

On my body chemistry, there is no coffee bean scent whatsoever and I even noticed some ubiquitous note that reminded me of dragon's blood incense. The fresh and invigorating scent of red grapefruit combined with the warmth of amber, the clean and soothing qualities of lavender, and list of other ingredients I'm sure they kept to themselves highly pleased my senses. So yes, I shall enjoy it while it is on the shelves.

The sillage is excellent but the one major disappointment for me about this fragrance was the longevity, a pitiful 2 hours. So if I can't get my hands on a full size vintage Jil Sander Feeling Man, I'll shoot for this lovely scent instead.

2AngelsDaddy
2AngelsDaddy

Absolutely amazing juice. Never fails to draw a compliment. Wife adores me wearing it. Enough for me! My collection is very broad and extensive, this scent is top 5, period!

WayneDN

Take a pass on this one! Just average!

LaLin64
LaLin64

I was 14 when POLO came out in 1978. I remember Men wearing it then,
& still love it, having the good fortune to have a vintage POLO (Green) .
Fast foward to 2013. POLO RED launched to an underwhelmed public.
Point Blank, this Fragrance stands on it's own- it share's none of Polo's DNA.
It isn't some generic attempt at a 'Fresh' Frangrance.
Instead, I find it a sensual, enticing edt. It opens with a Citrus, Saffron,
& amber notes, so well blended that it's quite Beautiful, yet masculine.
The longevity ( along with the frangrance as a whole), is quite maligned- to the contrary isLong lasting, with good projection. The dry down pays off wonderfully with a distinctive, yet smooth coffee note.
This Fragrance shines in versitility of day/night wear; and can also be worn in any season. Mostly for casual settings, nonetheless because so few people wear this fragrance, one can dress up or down with this wonderful Frag.
One will stand apart from the crowd(in a good way) simply because this beautiful Fragrance is not ubiquitous. I neglected to mention the berry note for which the Flacon color & name of the Frag patently alludes to. The berry note(to me).is in no way off puting. This Wonderful Fragrence has garnered me many compliments. A much maligned Fragrance that deserves better.
Highly recommended.
Semper Fi & Peace, as always.....

houstcs
houstcs

Smells good, but unoriginal and boring. Safe sweet smell people will like, but nothing special here. I do get wafts of something good, sweet and synthetic. After a few hours I wish I would have put something more exciting on.

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Decadence . Paradigmatic example of cheap clon of generic aromas. Polo 1978, rest in peace !!

JamesVT
JamesVT

Bought this a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. Perfect blend between fresh and sweet. The grapefruit scent is really noticeable in my opinion.

Jay T
Jay T

Ma mère acheté cela pour moi pour Noël après je dit que je ne m'identifie pas à la publicité pour ce produit. Ceci est très puissant dans le début et a la grande projection. J'étais inquiet que j'avais appliqué trop, mais personne ne s'est plaint.

CDGfan
CDGfan

Synthetic trash! Basically watered down Eros, which is also trash.

kelvinator
kelvinator

I love this stuff. I blind bought a bottle and do not regret. It has a wonderful drydown that leaves a light coffee bean and vanilla with a Lil woody note. To me its relaxing and energizing at the same time. Ladies seem friendly lately...

It is a bit similar to Eros on drydown but nowhere near as loud. Eros was a scrubber for me. This stuff is just pleasant. I can't get enough!

I will be buying more for sure..

longevity - 8+ hrs
projection - 2 to 4'

Hopefully the price will go down, cause FRANKLY...THIS IS MY NEW SIGNATURE SCENT. LOOOOOOVE IT.

pdubrogers
pdubrogers

This is very close to big pony #2. Swap the musk for the wood. Nice scent but others out there that are similar. It will garner a compliment or two.

Sweetfragrance
Sweetfragrance

I smelled this on a magazine and knew I had to get it for my husband. Sexy meets classy!!!

antonpan
antonpan

Got Polo Red for New Year, and I must confess I like it. Polo Red is an epitome of modernity together with Versace Eros and Givenchy Gentlemen Only. The semi-sweet semi-fresh masculinity replaces the strong sweetness of 1 Million epoch, and that's the trend!

Polo Red starts off similarly to Versace Eros, a synthetic sweet bubble gum accord, though instead of mint there are berries. Berries are prominent in Polo Red and, to tell the truth, this are the most pronounced berries I've ever smelled in the mens perfumery. Soon Polo Red becomes salty, reminding a lot of the Chanel Allure Homme Sport marine base without the sourness of citruses. The longevity and sillage are good.

Cw830
Cw830

My mother and I bought a gift set of this for a male family member. Given that most men in my family wear a combination of old spice, axe, and a variety of other body/shaving scents at once, I don't think they can really tell much difference. But as we have to smell them too, we will pick something that smells good to us. I actually smelled the saffron/sage middle in this and it gave an almost numb-like sensation to the spicy-sweetness that is rather pleasant. It is nicely mild - not punching my sense of smell like most colognes. It doesn't dry down to an odd saltiness either. I didn't get to spray the sample on my skin at the store, so if I see this bottle lying around, I will be tempted to try it on my own skin chemistry.

brandonR
brandonR

Smells like Eros to me but with less diminsion. Look on the bright side...buy it now and you'll have a non reformulated bottle you can overprice on Ebay five years from now.

amir68
amir68

This Red polo something really reminds me of nothing else than a crappy, cheapy and soulless reminiscent that you find at some buy-everything-for-10 bucks store..;)

marioslg3
marioslg3

Common average and cheap...nothing else...

devynm
devynm

tested this out. For me its smells too common and average. Because of this I wont buy it. It did get some compliments though. Longevity and projection are average.

jake.smith84
jake.smith84

Got some sample viles with a shipment of Notting Hill purchased from Nordstrom online. Just started wearing colognes about 2 months ago so I don't completely know the nuances between a "synthetic" vs a natural scent, but yeah, doesn't smell too complex or classy and hence could see how it fits into the "synthetic" category.

However, while wearing the Polo Red sampler, I was stopped by a mid-aged lady on the street who asked me what cologne I was wearing because I smelled so good. I will give Red a little credit here as that is the first time that has ever happened. Sillage can't be too weak (despite the votes here) if she noticed it from a good 10 ft away (was prob in first hour of application though).

Seanery
Seanery

I agree with Cassiano. This is more exciting than any of the other Polo scents that I have smelled. Plus, I used to think of Stuffy, Rich, Money, and Pompous when I thought of Polo but now, with the introduction of Polo Red, it appears that Polo is capable of being "FUN" and not so stiff.

I can really appreciate the fragrance as a whole composition.

I find it suprizing that a citrus-scented fragrance is being introduced right before the Fall and Winter months but I suppose the idea is that it sets one apart from others who might be favoring the woods and ambers during this time of year. If that is the case, kudos for strategizing.

Cassiano
Cassiano

To start a review about a cologne from the Polo line without commenting on the success and the worldwide recognition that these colognes conquered over the years, since the release of the original Polo (in 1978) -synonym of quality and virility until nowadays – it would be a mistake. The house of Ralph Lauren owes its success in the market of perfumery thanks to this icon that comes generating versions and conquering, more and more, new loyal customers of the "Polo" style.

Polo Red brings a new facet to the family, incorporating the gourmand style of nowadays, vibrant as the red of its bottle. In its composition we have, just in the output, notes of grapefruit, cranberries and italian cider, delivering the acidity and the power of red fruits. In the heart, red saffron (also called "red gold" for its cost and mysterious healing properties), red sage and lavandin (hybrid from the lavender family), giving a more floral and spicy aroma; While in its base, we have redwood, amber and coffee, which give the gourmand signature to this fragrance.

The result is a scent of sweet aspect in the first minutes, representing a true bittersweet aspect, which becomes dense and creamy, with a slight hint of coffee in the background. When I say "slight", I am referring to the fact that many people might think will exhale a strong aroma of coffee and that's not what I meant! The tone of the coffee note is present, but what prevails, although present at the beginning of the olfactory pyramid, are the nuances of red fruits.

On my skin, the evolution was small, getting pretty linear and with a barely noticeable transition between the output and the base of the fragrance. Of the central part, I could get almost nothing, except for when I breathed on the scented area for a few times in a row, and the heat of my own breath did exhale the denser scent of the saffron, which leads me to believe that a change of body temperature (internal) or in the environment (external) can change considerably, the way this scent will develop on your skin.

Don't expect to find the dna from the original version in this one, because it is a modern edition to be added to your collection and not a retelling of the classic from 1978.
The projection is very good and the lasting is excellent.
Finally, a nocturnal “one night stand” cologne arises in Polo family!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Launch of Ralph Lauren to enter the trade war night, 212 VIP, Joop Wild, 1Million.
A fruity aroma like the Joop Wild, fruity opening clear, cranberry gives that extra cherry, grape and lasts during all phases of the heart with a slight touch sweetheart, half bittersweet, should be saffron.
Continuing to meet the base, which becomes sweeter and a touch of coffee, which refers to something like tobacco white also, yes so synthetic, similarities are purely coincidental, expect just that, one more to compete in designers, ordinary and dull.

francis1645
francis1645

i bought this a few months ago and i use it a lot. i love it.

hod
hod

boring,very modern, overly sweet , synthetic and chessy.

a definite PASS !

RockFromUpt
RockFromUpt

For me,JUST IN TIME FOR AUTUMN!I'm reviewing for a first,being a new singnee.Happy to head off a good start with such a people-pleaser.I wear RL clothes,sneakers and finally fragrance.I am getting this ( currently wearing a store sample/tester).Will follow-up review....WOW!

carera
carera

I have seen some similarity blue de chanel .

kmita
kmita

Agreed on rochas. This does smell alot like rochas man. Whether or not it's classier I can't really say. I like the scent of both for a little while but quickly get tired of it. I'll save my money and pass on this one.

marycon
marycon

This one reminds me of Rochas Man but with a note that makes it more classy than Rochas. And its that Ralph Lauren note that exists in almost all his men fragrances. A safe scent, nothing groundbrakingbut but still a nice casual scent. Got some compliments too!

bkid142
bkid142

1st time i tried it it was a mixed review but second time now and im slowly falling for it, its a nice touch of casual with a hint of class, more suited as evening / night wear to finish off the final touches of a well dressed man ready to paint the town red.

Very much enjoyed Polo Red its very similar to Versace Eros but a tad more class. (Not taking anything away from Eros)

Try it and see for yourself.

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

My dad tried it a couple of weeks ago and said that I wouldn't like it because it was too fruity and floral.
I tried it today and quite honestly I liked it. I mean it is fruity and quite floral (which is something I don't like) but passing that is an OK fragrance.
I can smell the red fruits and the coffee note, which is similar to Givenchy Play Intense, but the base is really alike something that I smelled before I think it's Eros from Versace)

In a way it's an good fragrance for fall and winter, mostly for night times. This is a 6/10 for me

Ivano

I do get that vibrant feeling that Olivier Guillotin talks about: "We used a unique molecule called Opalal that fuses the key ingredients together to create a pulsing vibration in the fragrance". Fruity notes are sharp and blend wonderfully with the lavender and the amber/coffee base to deliver a clean warming sensation. Very nice and easy to wear.

cologneking
cologneking

On me, I get a lot of heavy woods and spices; but not so much as to smell like a spice rack or a Bazaar. The coffee shines through as well but mixes nicely with the woods and spices.

The more I wear this new scent from Ralph Lauren, the more I am falling in love with it! Polo Red is becoming one of my go to favorites.

The sillage is monsterous so spritz sparingly with a light hand and the longevity lasts 12+ hrs. I sprayed Red on @ 11:30 A.M. this morning and it is still going strong! I purchased the 1.36 oz. bottle so this little bottle will last a good long while.

Polo Red is a cold weather, mostly night fragrance but if spritzed lightly, can be worn in daytime.

Eventhough this fragrance does bloom on the skin slightly, it is mostly a linear fragrance. All the notes, woods, spices and coffee are mixed well and go nicely together, however, they all are noticeable and stay this way through the duration and life of the fragrance.

This new cologne doesn't seem to be getting favorable reviews on the fragrance blogs, but I DO LOVE THIS ONE!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BUYING THIS!

P.S. - Sample first, IT IS MONSTEROUSLY STRONG...

nonsisa
nonsisa

I don't get much out of this fragrance as it is pretty shallow.

A bit of coffee and some flowers and thats it.

You might want to wear it in an office environment to not offend someone.

For me its a bit too boring.

stjoseph777
stjoseph777

I like it.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Unoriginal Santal. While it is a very nice woodsy fragrance with reasonable lasting power, it seems an uncanny homage to an upscale predecessor, Creed Original Santal. Still, this is not a bad thing. It is an affordable, slightly more masculine take on the OS theme, and a very welcome addition.

bonanza1
bonanza1

I sampled this one and it smells like Givenchy Play Intense, maybe thats the coffee in it. It iS something differnt from Ralph Lauren for sure very good. I was trying to notice a hint of double black comming in to this but no none. I like this one..
Had a chance to revisit this today and its smells better each time I smell it. The cranberry stands out and thats what makes the difference between this and double black which has mango in it. The longevity is good around seven hours and counting the dry down has hints of dark vanilla.

Update: Returned it too much of the cranberry..

browne54
browne54

Okay,

I am a huge fan of Ralph Lauren's fragrances, with the exception of the Big Pony series, which are less than dogshit. But I was very excited to try this and at first was severely disappointed. The initial spray reminded me of that cloying, synthetic sweetness of V and R's Spicebomb. However, the woman gave me a sample to take home. I decided to give it a go to work over the next couple of days. This is not a masterpiece but nevertheless I must say it grew on me. I find the opening overtly sweet, however as it matures on skin, this beautiful redwood/amber combo reveals itself. THERE IT IS! that Polo DNA. And I got all positive remarks from females. Although they needed to get within half a foot or so. The projection is nothing to write home about. But i do get some longevity, typical of RL, I would say 6-7 hours but it is mainly a skin scent. I went and bought the 125ml

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

What is the matter with Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, and Gucci these days? They keep releasing these stupid generic fragrances that have been done 5000 times before. I mean, this is not even worth being in the bargain bins because the spots are already taken. RL, CK, and Gucci, you are just insulting yourselves with these sub par releases. Just get out of the fragrance game.

scentualMan
scentualMan

This one is interesting, though very familiar. It smells similar to Mandarina Duck Pure Black but with less powdery tonka bean and more of the sweet middle & base of Ed Hardy for Men. I guess that is why this being compared to Polo Double Black, which has often been associated with those two fragrances.

Ultimately, I like it for evening wear. Its sweet and lightly spicy, with an almost exotic evening vibe. The cranberry and sage combo gives me the feeling of candied fruit plus cinnamon, like the combination in 1 Million. Would I buy this? Probably not, as it smells like a cocktail of many things I've experienced before, but I do find it enjoyable and a step up from Polo Double Black (more robust, I think).

Senzadite
Senzadite

Seriously this is one of the crapiest fragrances ever made...so mediocre, and so cynical that really pissed me off...even an Avon cologne is better; what is wrong with Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein??? do they believe that we are stupid??? please save your money this is a theft.

50/100.

RIYL: To wear Axe/Linx as a fragrance.

Birdman7190
Birdman7190

I really like the way this cologne smells, but it doesn't last very long. Right off the bat you get this fruity, sweet smell. Once it starts to break down its not really noticeable. I might have to carry this around to re-apply every once in a while.

Khaymanbb
Khaymanbb

I love this cologne, so much that I decided to make the change and have a new signature scent; reserve Burberry London for my Fall/Winter nose. Then, my first full day of Red...my skin just eats this up. By the time I put it on after I shower to the time I get into my car to drive to work, I can barely smell it. I got to work and asked my co-worker if he liked my new cologne, said he couldn't smell it. Had to stick his nose right on my wrist to get a whiff, and even then he said it was so faint he couldn't tell. Next day 15 full sprays, all over body, put on clothes then sprayed my clothes, and wham gone by the time I got to work. Went to Macy's and told the lady there, she didn't believe me. So, I had her spray some Polo Double Black, then I wandered off for 5 minutes looking at something to replace Red (decided on Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit), and came back to her. Smelled right on the back of my hand and she was shocked. I've never had this happen before with a cologne. Usually they are like body glue, still smell it after a shower. Anybody want to buy an almost brand new bottle of Polo Red???

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A frag which starts unbalanced but ends more settled in the middle and drydown..

I appled 6 heavy sprays

0 - 5 secs - Initial spray is a warm, cosy, coffee, woodsy sensation

5 secs - 1 hours. 7 inch projection. This frag trys to balance fuit with coffee and it does not work IMHO. The fruit becomes harsh and sour on the skin and is dated. The projecting smell is more coffee-amber and much better imho, so I recommend that you spray on the torso and let the better projecting small waft upwards

1 hours - 2.25 hours - 4.5 inch projection. The fruit starts to leave and the coffee-amber take nearly full control, which is better. This is like a very light gourmand, and although it does not specifically smell like Michael Jordan Legend, I think lovers of that frag may like this

2.25 hours- 4 hours 1.5 inch projection

4 hours - 9 hours. Close to skin. Pleasant drydown, almost moorish.

IMHO this frag would benefit by removing the fruit and replacing with either tobacco or vanilla which would give it more projection, and make this more of a gourmand

Not for me

$$
$$

Im dig'n this Polo(Fire)Red with its sweet,woody masculine scent.Polo Red reminds me of Versace Eros a lil bit which is a good thing.PR is probably the only mens cologne out there rockin cranberry as its main note.Mad props go out to polo cause some how they made "fruity" as manly as its gonna get.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

My husband and I were testing out colognes to give my dad for his birthday. Tried a lot of nice scents, but my husband enjoyed the Polo line. He initially liked Polo Sport, but I thought it had too cottony of a smell and that it would smell stuffy. We also tested the black range and just thought - meh. But this scent was very appealing to both of us. The fruits in the top notes lure you in and create a beautifully fresh-spicy aromatic accord, later bringing together more earthy woodiness in the drydown. I hope my dad likes it. We'll see.

I don't find it spicy nor particularly woody, but it smells good and energetic with sweet fruit, acidic notes, amber, and a hint of coffee. It's fresh and not overly bold. Quite nice overall. It kinda reminds me of Lacoste Red but more interesting. If the fruit punch sweetness were to tone down a notch, I would be very much interested in it.

azlanyong
azlanyong

Anyone here know about,lard use in perfume making..is it true?

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

This is a nice pleasant one from Ralph Lauren. A fruity red berry sweetness can be picked up straight away. After the opening 15-20 mins have gone the Polo Red scent goes from a fruity sweet scent into an uplifting woody and warm, amber spicy scent but the fruitiness can still be detected giving the woodiness a nice young, and bright edge.

Ralph Lauren Polo Red remains the same way for approximately 4 hours before mellowing down but a coffee note in there gradually begins to develop and adds extra depth to this fragrance. It makes it fuller and fatter.

Lasts about 6 hours and projection is moderate but detectable for passers by. Not really a daring fragrance but uplifting and vibrant best suited for a young pro active, competitive guy. A nice all rounder . Indepth reviews at mrproductreview.com

czombie
czombie

Polo Red is sweet and fruity smelling but with amber and coffee undertones to give it a "richer" fruit smell. The sillage is moderate which is good to me since I like my scents to be somewhat subtle but not overly so. This scent lasts about 8 hours on me but sillage is greatly reduced after just 4 hours.

I prefer Double Black when it comes to Polo scents but my wife loves this one so I wear it for her. She enjoys putting a little bit on herself sometimes so I suppose this could be considered a unisex fragrance, although it's definitely still on the masculine side of the gender spectrum. If you like strongly masculine fragrances, I wouldn't recommend this one, and it isn't particularly unique smelling, but it has a pleasant fragrance and definitely won't offend anybody. I recommend this for anybody who enjoys masculine fruit scents, but if you aren't a big fan of this kind of scent, you probably won't like it.

effect18
effect18

My girl bought this for me, probably after being harassed by a Macy's fragrance salesperson. This is definitely a warm weather scent, light and sweet. You wont get any negative feedback with this scent, or much feedback at all for that matter. Unfortunately, this is a very forgettable cologne. Sillage is average to below average, as is longevity. The bottle is the same, save for the fire engine red color. As someone who enjoys sweet and spicy scents, I was a little disappointed that this missed the mark. I'll work it into the rotation, but I wouldn't spend my money on it.

jovejove
jovejove

Smells like whatever. Just another fragrance that's meant to compete with what's already out there and fill the gap that the L'Oréal group missed. I think it will do well unfortunately, considering they bring in groups of people to demonstrate the fragrance and give you their first born so you buy it.

PolloLoco21
PolloLoco21

I smelled this cologne at Macys and tried it on my skin, and it smells good! Only one problem, I don't know if you guys smelled polo double black, it smells good but doesn't last to long or project as much as I would like it too, same for polo red, it smells good but doesn't project well or last too long :/ 7.2/10

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

Having looked forward to this one for months, I am now just borderline happy with it. It had been a much anticipated fragrance for me, as I am a big fan of pretty much all of Polo's fragrances. This new Red, in my humble opinion, sets the bar pretty low for what's labeled Polo these days.

Opening: Sweet, lightly citrusy. The tang of cranberries is certainly nice, but underwhelming. No really inspired feel.

Sillage: On par with other light EDTs, maybe a bit more because of it's bases. 1-3 feet for 2-3 hours.

Longevity: So so. Starts to lose itself pretty quickly on me after about 3 hours.

Gripes: Despite having such tantalizing bases as redwood and coffee, I find the redwood not as spicy as D&G The One Sport, coffee not as, well, playful as Givenchy Play. Saffron despite it's unique presence, is really undercut by the other notes allowing no chance to stand out as it does in Armani Mania.

Best For: Probably the summertime, I wouldn't bother in the winter. Has that aesthetically pleasing sweet, lightly woodsy scent.

Overall: "Meh", That's the best way I can describe first smelling it. Its sweet like Lacoste Red without the Rooibos tea, giving it nothing unique to brag about. None of it's notes are outstanding, so the whole fragrance becomes underwhelming. The playboy friday night frat club boys will like it, but it will always lack that masculinity and intrinsic "wow" factor that I have come to expect from Polo in the past. Its a shame. 5/10

stayclose
stayclose

It has a candied smell like YS Thallium. A bit different from the regular fresh and fruity perfume out right now. I would say this is RL shot at a fruit and coffee fragrance like Givenchy Play. The coffee does set it apart and in my opinion gives this fragrance its personality, but its charms wears thin on me after a while since it has a axe body spray synthetic musk smell to it that kills if for me.

HeavyMental
HeavyMental

This juice is everything one million should have been. It's One Million... With none of the bad. Very grown up. When I wear it I feel like I'm on my grown and sexy. A Good Purchase.

harley200023
harley200023

This is the best Ralph Lauren Cologne I've ever own

Billdabong
Billdabong

Skittles. This smells like opening a fresh bag of the candies. Light and sonewhst bittersweet. Almost edible.

areyouin729
areyouin729

smells like 500 other colognes; about as unoriginal and synethic as it gets

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Does it smell masculine? Because the notes amlost sounds feminine, except the sage note.
Otherwise i want to try this.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Im worried about this smelling like B Men which i have but sort of bothers me. Same with Ultrared. But based on the notes i will take a sniff next time im near the fragrance counter.

michael.j
michael.j

Smelled this tonight at Bloomingdales. Spicy Gatorade + a shot of espresso. Completely within the RL idiom and does not venture from the genre's well established territory for the target demographic. A solid and serviceable, if uninspired, effort. Will be scenting every high school hallway and cubicle farm between the coasts by this fall.

drofwonders
drofwonders

WE HAVE A WINNER! This is the kind of juice Ralph Lauren Polo should hold out for, rather than just releasing whatever, whenever. "Red" should land right along classic green, blue, and black as a timeless yet very popular Polo fragrance. It's distinctiveliy woody, spicy, ambery, and smooth -- with a fresh burst of citrus at the top that sort of lingers and keeps the woodsy notes vibrant. The coffee note is there, but in the background and serving as a complement to the total effect of the composition as a whole. And it easily lasts 6+ hours and mellows out as time passes. Added plus: No musk! (Musk either likes you or not . . . it doesn't jive with my body chemistry at all.) I already like Polo Red better than black or blue. And oh yea, my lady likes it, big time! Take a sniff and you'll be sold. Thank you, Ralph Lauren, for producing this most excellent gentleman's fragrance!

Pudge
Pudge

LIKE THIS FRAGRANCE NICE SCENT !!!

sameh
sameh

I like all the notes ( it seems so red ) & beside I have Ralph Lauren 2 & 4 & im searching for 1 & 3

kenney77
kenney77

Love the bottle the notes sound awesome can't wait to try coffee is one of my favorite notes hope it smells good

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

علاقه من در این خط عطر بسیار قوی خاطره انگیز و قدرت مند است چون همورا مردانه وشیک بودن را چه در تابستان و چه در فصل سرد خود را همیشه استوار و مقاوم همچون مردانی شاد با طراوت گرفروت و ترشی و انرزی بمانند لیمو در تصور مخاطبان نمایان میماند. ولی هیچوقت نمیتوان فراموش نکنید درختان محکمی بمانند قهوه در انتهای راه خود و بجا گذاشتن ترس از عبور خطوط درختان صندل ولی ترسناک وقوی

blacklibran1
blacklibran1

This one is actually at Bloomingdales in LA. Very nice woodsy fragrance.It does smell red. Lush citrus and fiery spice on top and a woodsy masculine dry down. The bottle is gorgeous and really catches your eye. But alas this is not a standout from RL. If you must wear any of the POLO series..Double Black is where its at. This one is good but not epic. try for your self