Designers » R S » Aromatic Green « Groups

Polo Sport Ralph Lauren for men
dislike

aldehydic
Polo Sport Ralph Lauren for men Pictures

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren is a Aromatic Green fragrance for men. Polo Sport was launched in 1994. The nose behind this fragrance is Harry Fremont. Top notes are aldehydes, artemisia, lavender, mandarin orange, mint, neroli, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, ginger, seagrass, jasmine, rose, brazilian rosewood and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, guaiac wood and cedar.

Aldehydes Artemisia Lavender Mandarin Orange Mint Neroli Bergamot Lemon

Aqua Quorum

Polo Sport Fragrance Reviews

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

I really shouldn't be saying this but "YUCK" what a synthetic mess!! It starts off so repulsive and dries into a headache inducing, almost pure mint/aldehyde perfume! I couldn't stand it on my hand, went to scrub it after 2 hours cz I wanted to wait for the drydown, but just couldn't take more than 2 hours of this torture.

Synthetic to the point of smelling like plastic!!! Utterly dreadful perfume and utterly boring bottle and a plastic sprayer that may come off any second!

Really disappointed by this... Btw... This was a new bottle filled with the reformulated juice... Did not smell the original so I can't really judge how it was but this is what it became!!!

orlandopiano
orlandopiano

My parents bought this for me on my 10th birthday when it first came out. It was an excellent starter fragrance. It was such a great gift and I have fond memories with this one. I probably didn't finish the full bottle until late high school. I think this is a great fragrance for a young beginner. Not so much for an adult.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Meh! A decent summertime fragrance...nothing more, nothing less.

jiujitsuhero
jiujitsuhero

This is an all time classic for me. This scent summons up my whole 8th and 9th grade year. And that is "Fresh". I had the J's with a fresh pair of Fubu Jeans and Fubu Shirt with this on the skin to compliment it. Loved this scent during summer school of 98 and 99. These Los Angeles Valley temperatures were killing and this cologne kept me cool and fresh. so dope. i miss this scent.

GaryG
GaryG

I have a bottle of the old vintage formulation. Very nice, crisp, versatile. It has a grapefruit scent on my skin. Great on a spring or summer day, or when leaving the gym feeling good after a solid workout. Never had a problem with it changing on me during the day.

I have not tried any new formulations I so cannot comment.

Etheras
Etheras

Not one of the best perfumes out there but decent and nice if you dont want to get bored by your favorite perfumes. I think is better on a young man than a man in his 40s or in his 50s. Good scent, nice projections and has a good longevity. A mediocre to good scent that is good if your were it on summer days.

headofstate
headofstate

Bbjr is right on about the reformulation. The original was a great seaweed and aldehyde scent in the vein of Aqua Motu meets Nautica. This new reformulation is a disaster all the way around, you would be better off buying one of the cheap knockoff versions of it at Big Lots that at least somewhat recaptures the essence of the original with the seaweed front and center and though it may only last a couple fleeting hours, at the end of the day the 3.50 you paid for that was still a better wear than the reformulation, which has a very high and unreasonable MSRP for such an outdated and growingly irrelevant release.

Bbjr
Bbjr

The reformulated version by Luxury Products is not even close to the original version by Cosmair. The original is a perfect spicy summer fragrance than lasts forever. The reform is gone within 2 hours and you have to get past the cloying opening that doesn't smell anything like the original. Some reformulations are just fine, this one is a massive failure at capturing what was a great sport fragrance. If you can find a bottle by Cosmair, buy it, fast!

bonanza1
bonanza1

I wore this one today after a long time out. The memories came back on this one. I just bought two more bottles of this one. This is the kind of scent that is as @BrooklyBigAL says just me.

OCNBreeze7
OCNBreeze7

The Original Polo Sport.. A great fragrance that we will all miss...

One of the classic fragrance designers, Ralph Lauren, has produced a number of scents we have grown to love. It is too bad that some of these fragrances have run their course and "put out to pasture" - so to speak. Polo Sport is one of these fragrances that became a classic, but with time, has become increasingly hard to find. Perhaps it, too, has been discontinued. I recently purchased this fragrance online and could hardly await arrival of the scent that became popular in the mid-90s - as a mid-40s guy (and still roguishly handsome) - I remember this time period fondly...

Out of the bottle Polo Sport presents a complexity of notes, but settles into simplicity of citrus, fruity, and "woodsy" notes. A classic scent that is breathes clean, fresh, and distinguished. Well done, Mr. Lauren..!! While the longevity and projection/sillage of this new bottle is average, it seems that bottles produced in the late 90s or early 00s, the fragrance lasted longer with greater sillage. There have been comparisons to younger siblings, "Red, White, and Blue" and "Polo Blue Sport" - I am not sure I get those same notes. Each are great fragrances, but very much different than this blend.

Polo Sport has plenty of "Wow Factor" (compliments from the opposite sex) potential. The first day I wore this, I did not receive any compliments, but due to it's fresh and clean wake, the potential is there. One of the beauties about Polo Sport is the versatility or flexibility - perhaps tailored more for Spring and Summer, I feel confident the fragrance can be worn any time of year and for any occasion. It also can be a favorite for all ages - those of us who grew up with Polo Sport and the younger audience who want to feel clean and fresh.

The bottle is an exceptional and classic design - typical Ralph Lauren.. As mentioned, I purchased this online. That said, the packaging is average at best. I, generally, am not a "conspiracy theory" type of guy, but I have pondered the thought of authenticity of this purchase. (I will add the purchase was through a very reputable source..) Regardless, the packaging is average or modest.

Speaking of the purchase, Polo Sport can still be found moderately priced. My final tally of Polo Sport is 4.3 stars out of 5. Yes, there may be better fragrances out there - even I have those that rank higher - but Polo Sport is truly a classic fragrance that I enjoy. I highly recommend adding to your collection - or for us 40+ more distinguished gentlemen (and I use that term 'loosely'..), replenishing our cologne cabinet with a new bottle of Polo Sport.

The Daily I.M. - The best thing in the world, is the world itself (from one of my favorite movies). Make your life count...

Osmo
Osmo

it indeed really smells like aqua quorum by antonio puig and the weirdest thing is that they launched the same year according to given info; also, polo sport is much more expensive than quorum.. why? plus the given notes are different.. ?!?!! both kinda discontinued?

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Reader,

I without shame, say I did owned this perfume in my lifetime too.

I know this blue guy (Polo Sport) practically was every guy's friend and why not he made a lot of us smell hot.

This sporty fragrance is very bold and was the trend scent type of its day that a lot of designers wanted that aquatic sport type of scent that still carried a air of style with animal magnetism and Ralph Lauren achieved that.

It has a bold fresh basil/lavender and citrus air with the center of wood musk that is very manly and has good staying power, its not like new scent that vanishes within 10 minutes to half hour, this blue guy kept it strong all night long with a lot of complements left and right by others, it gives that air of Adonis if your chemistry bonds well with this fragrance.

I haven't worn this since I was a teen and it was great gift to be given . RL's Sport for men is still is a good gift to a guy who likes fresh manly sporty fragrances, definitely good for night or day wear.

jochris
jochris

it is soapy it is clean and smooth...teenagers my love this perfume..

Kevin_tuan_91
Kevin_tuan_91

Too strong and overdose for me. Define a manly cologne , but not safe for going to school or college .

BrooklynBigAl
BrooklynBigAl

Well, this is my signature scent (should I be embarrassed to admit that?) so I guess I should review it.

It was actually my older brother's signature scent first. He was the first one to buy it back in the mid 90s. It was all the rage, I suppose, at Club USA and The Limelight and other clubs where he used to hang out on weekend nights. Me, I was more of a stay-close-to-home kinda' guy: my weekends were spent at home or at the gym or at my friends house or drinking in the park or at whichever local bar was letting teens in that week. But one still had to smell good right? And since the fragrance was free (I was stealing his stash one schpritz at a time), why not?

Well, I got hooked. And I didn't have to force myself to like it--this was a great scent; and it still is. I may "evolve" to the very similar Polo Blue Sport when my current bottle of Polo Sport is done but the smell of this will always remind me of...well, ME!

So what is Polo Sport? It's...clean. But more than that, it's the feeling of going from dirty to clean--like a fresh shower on a summer day after a long morning at the gym. You just feel like, "ahhhhh. Now I can interact with other humans." Was that a nebulous enough description?

To be more specific, it opens up with a minty citrus deliciousness mellowed by seaweed (nowadays they call it "sea grass") that dries down to lavender. And don't think "sushi" when you hear seaweed, think "aquatic". Yeah, the aldahydes are there throughout but they don't scream "synthetic" (it's no more synthetic than any other scent out there; i.e., they all are); rather, they scream, "clean". They are what puts a soapy smell in soap and they are what puts the "clean" smell in this scent. The other florals are in the middle with the lavender; the musk is more subliminal.

All in all, it was a masterpiece when it was introduced and IMHO, it's a masterpiece today. Proof of its masterpiece credentials lie in the fact that the nose here is Harry Fremont (CK One, Kenneth Cole Black) so don't think of this as a flanker in today's sense (where houses make ten similarly-named spinoffs if they hit a home run with one scent). This was a flanker, but it was a flanker before flankers were called flankers. In other words, it was not an attempt to capitalize on the name (Encre Noire Sport? Really?), it was a purposeful (and very successful) attempt to capitalize on a scent by making a sportier version.

They don't make fragrances like this anymore--and I mean that seriously. The don't make frangrances like this PURPOSELY because it lasts all day (and then some); longevity is off the chart and one bottle will last you a year. It also projects like crazy and you'll get lots of comments from the ladies for the pleasant scent. You won't hear a lot of, "sexy" but you will get lots of "nice", "delicious", "relaxing", etc.

It might be a bit too loud for today's sensibilities and might come across a little strong at work or other enclosed settings. But there is still a place for it: going out for a picnic at the park, a day at the lake or beach, a boat trip, or any other outdoor activities--physical or not. And there will always be a place for it on my cologne shelf.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

this is alright. a sporty fragrance. fresh and bright. the guy i think of wearing this is wearing khakis and well a polo shirt. hah. a little too sporty for my husband, but nice.

my husband thinks it is kinda soapy and doesnt really like it.

gsevrain
gsevrain

Sin duda no es de mis perfumes favoritos, tiene gran parecido a los desodorantes axe. La durabilidad esta entre las 2 hs de uso. Calificacion General 4/10.

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

Polo sport is one of the fragrance that i had, back in early 2000. I used to like it, so i have decided to give it a second try, about 10 years later. The smell is ok, i would not say great, but not bad either, ok is the right word. When it come to longevity and projection, both are weak, but i still get a few compliment with it...Now, if i compare it to new "sport flanker" ( allure homme sport, dior homme sport, etc) it smell a little bit aged to me and doesn t have as much citrus, if not at all to me. The price is usualy very cheap here, so that can be taken in consideration. The final score:

Smell: 6,5/10. An ok scent, not like in my memories :p
Longevity: 2/5. mayble 1 or 2 hours
Projection: 2/5. Weak, but notice in the first hour by a few
Versatility: 3/5. Can be put at the office, at the gym, summer time or casual. A little bit weak for night out or cold weather ( or anytime if you take on consideration that you might not smell it at all after a couple of hour :p)
Overall: 13,5/25. It is a pass for me.

kitti90
kitti90

i thought this one smelled extremely soapy. i hate it:(

del
del

I'm typing this review based on my nice memories of Polo Sport: it was the bomb during my college years, and everyone seemed to love it back then, as it smelled fresh, clean, and a little fruity-sweet.

The initial alcohol-y blast projects widely, like the fume is morphing to a hand gently guiding your nose to the wearer. I still remember how it used to turn heads minutes after application. Polo Sport quickly becomes a pleasant aquatic after that.

Polo Sport isn’t a bad fragrance, but it is light, so it lacks lasting power. If you really like the scent, make sure to carry a splash mini-bottle and reapply as needed like I did back in college.

Amadeus_k

very fresh and light fragrance that suits almost everyone .. I've had it since 1995 and still I use it when I'm on vacation, and in real heat days ..I love it...reminiscent of USA in some way .. I feel very comfortable with it .7/10

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I hung on to a bottle of Polo Sport for approximately 13 years and it never lost potency. An absolute aquatic with a touch of spice. Classy, Sophisticated, and Clean!!!!

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

I remember Polo Sport coming out in the era of the Aquatics ( atleast from what I saw )

Around this time I saw this, Nautica ( the original ) Horizon, Etc. and they all had that water style to them.

This is a must have if you are into that aquatic style, I personally am. From all the aquatics, this one is probably at the top of my list. ( got one in reserve...)

Amadeus_k

تمیز خوب برای تابستان ...... یکی از بهترین رایحه و عطر من در جهان. طرح به مدت 2 ساعت به اضافه و طول عمر حدود 5 ساعت+. 4 تا 6 ساعت باقی می ماند. 6 اسپری = سحر و جادو . آن را امتحان کنید

rootbeerlord
rootbeerlord

Ehhh It's ok, not worth the price at all.

Alamkyu
Alamkyu

My roommate have this. But every time he use it all I can smell is ginger, hot ginger. I can't stand the hotness it project. Even on winter. This is too much for my nose.

Fimafeng
Fimafeng

A scent that you will never forget, just as Davidoff cool water, but one you will risk to outwear. It is a nosy one. Not sophisticated. Rather one directional.
I had it once but never again. I remember it still but I do not hunger for more.
It was good at the time.
But time moves on.

steve.brule
steve.brule

I smelled a new bottle of this the other day...it made me sad. This must have been reformulated because it does not smell like Polo Sport did back in the day. It resembled Polo Sport, but it was REALLY stale! Honestly, it didnt even smell fresh at all. If this was the original stuff it would still be a favorite sport cologne of mine.

oxm
oxm

Polo Sport is a good fragrance, but for use after sport in my humble opinion it is cool but too flowery and the bottom is redundant wood, the opening is still something fantastic, and the evolution in the leaves a bit perplexed, I think is more suitable at night and maybe a shoulder season, it still deserves more of a chance, I remember that in the time of its launch it in the papers that on TV and even on billboards in the city was a constant hammering, intrigued I tried it but right now I do not think the purchase it again, I consider it a bit boring much better than the Polo with the green bottle.

gianmarco
gianmarco

This was the good old days...my first bottle ive ever purchased, ever since that day, cologne became an art for me. Great scent this was, but nowadays its considered old :(

Nics_00
Nics_00

I remember this was the first to buy. It brings back good memories :D

camposg
camposg

How dare anyone charge more than 30 dollars for blue summer fragrances. They have no staying power. This polo sport is divine smelling but in 5 minutes is completely off your skin. It blows my mind how it still sells???

KeithScar
KeithScar

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren is the ultimate sporty cologne. This is the 90s in a bottle. This aromatic green sold very well and had great advertisment behind it. Polo Sport is a nice fit for those spring/summer days and can be worn casualy. Ladies love this so thats always a plus. I had a baby bottle of this and Tommy Athletic cologne in high school and the Polo Sport got the most playing time. A definate must keep in my collection

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

REVIEW OF DARRSHAN

Out of all sport fragrance this is different and fresh with a certain amt of coolness and even the lasting power is good, i would certainly go for this but only in summers nite.

yella_light
yella_light

Classic fragrance from Ralph Lauren.
Sporty and worn in the summer.
Can be a signature scent.
It reminds me of crayons though.
(3-4 sprays max)

Age group: 13+
Projection: 4 stars
Longevity: 3.5 stars
Versatility: 4 stars
Smell: 3.5 stars
Overall: 3 stars

radhakrishna
radhakrishna

fresh, and promising! rl is one brand that has good products all around! never dissappointed with this brand! this fragrance is everyday summer use with a youthful appeal to it!

Scentrist
Scentrist

Where do I begin with this? "The 90's in a bottle" would about sum it up. Exceptionally sharp, very fresh, heavy citrus vibe going. And that's where it stopped.

I tried to like this, but I kept getting a really pungent, sharp vibe from it that could be very off-putting when applied somewhat liberally. Mostly, if anyone around you in the 90's was wearing it, you could tell instantly because it would smell like they applied a gallon of the stuff.

If you were 20-something then, wanted a very fresh cologne, and simply followed the trend, this was a safe bet. For me, it always seemed overdone.

janzu75
janzu75

I got this cologne as a gift for my birthday. it grew on me after a copule uses. at first I though "damn, another of those fresh colognes!...ugh!" but after wearing it a couple times, after hours and the heart of the cologne appearing, it was surprising to find a very inviting, masculine, summer scent!...don't love it, but I certainly like it for an every-day-hot-summer-days cologne.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

panty dropper for summer
i don't think it's old smelling

themitri
themitri

It smells very strong masculinity of a man who excited, passionate and energetic

karthiktas
karthiktas

Fresh Very Fresh & clean good for summer... It makes me feel very fresh... The smell is something different for me. I love this. It could make girls go crazy. When ever i wear i get complements from all girls. Girls do like it. its one of my Best fragrance in the world. Projection rocks for 2 hours plus & longevity is about 5 hrs plus. for me it Stays for 4 to 6 hrs. Jus 4 to 6 sprays will do the magic. Try It

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Harry Fremont's resume certainly needs no introduction; the man who a year later dropped the tremendously successful CK One on the masses, was already well ahead of the curve on the aquatic revolution when he came up with Polo Sport. The vintage version of Polo Sport is thick with seaweed throughout, with a nice touch of citrus and mint in the opening before completely giving way to the dominant seaweed note for the rest of the dry-down.
The modern release has been touched up a bit and the seaweed elements have been toned down to emphasize more of the musk, lavender and floral middles.
The original certainly shocks and disorients the uninitiated because it is so different from the standard sport fragrance. The opening is very think with seaweed and cloying citrus, but after a few moments the ginger and a range of floral notes creep into the seaweed and create a spicier, less projecting dry-down. Ultimately it is a losing battle as most of the other elements don't seem to be able to assert themselves over the heavy dose of seaweed.
Works well with natural skin chemistry, producing a warm and organic scent that wears close to the skin and maintains an aura of natural freshness without insinuating a very synthetic feel. Given the "sport" monicker more for packaging and marketing than anything else, this is very versatile for any casual or work event and is flexible to any season or circumstance, minus something formal. Captures the essence of a day spent at the beach very well. Resonates strongly with those who have spent an early, misty morning on a Northern Californian or Southern Oregonian pacific shore. This is one of the best souvenirs one can pick up to bring back images of the colder beaches of the northern California coast, wealthy in sea-life and seaweed along its banks.
Projection and silage are fairly average, with longevity a bit of an issue, usually under 4-5 hours and wearing very close to the skin. Still, if you can appreciate more organic scents like seaweed, this is an incredibly original and unique extension of using organic and synthetic notes to create the impression of oceanic bliss.
Polo Sport is very unique for its time, most likely more than a little inspired by the success of Nautica the year before and the influx of newer, trendier Polo inspired fashion houses taking a large portion of the 20 something crowd. The packaging itself reflects a time when the Ralph Lauren name was more vulnerable and less self-assured, trying to modernize with a new logo (containing an American flag, right after the fall of Eastern Europe, ironically) to go with its new jeans line. This was an attempt to break from its illustrious past and more emphatically, the Baby Boomer generation and make Polo more accessible to a new generation who had started to spurn it in favor of more trendy fashion companies. Polo Sport was Ralph Lauren's deliberate attempt to capture Generation X.
Not refined for formal wear, but a fantastic, casual alternative to the plethora of synthetics on the market, Sport is original, organic and oceanic, like driving along Pacific 1 Highway with the top down on a September morning. A best seller largely because of the Polo name, but this will not disappoint.
The Pacific Ocean in a bottle.

danielmventer
danielmventer

I read all the other reviews and agree with all of them.... This is a very nice fragrance that can be applied througout the day or evening as it is not overwhelming. And yes it does not have a longevity of more than 5 hours. However, you have to remind yourself that the price is not over the top either. For me there is also some high school memories connected and I suppose thats one big reason why I have it. Nice cute bottle thou...

geo000
geo000

Long time from when i used it for the first time...good memories!

rizkyduwie
rizkyduwie

masculine and fresh, i stole this from my brother :P

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Fresh, masculine, energizing.
Definitely made for everyday use in spring or autumn

sgplayer
sgplayer

Great smelling and fresh. Brings back great memories
when I wear it.

UrbanEnergy
UrbanEnergy

Rousing and flirty, put it on strong for the clubs, light for the gym or out in public—this scent catches people in the nose and will easily get you noticed. Sure, it was a trend cologne with young men back in the 90's, however a decade has past and I'd be willing to bet you could surprise a new generation with it. I honestly love wearing this cologne STRONG when going out. It'll boost any man's machismo by ten guaranteed.

jcastano
jcastano

I never knew too much about Polo fragrances but when I saw this at Marshalls for $25 for a 4.2 oz bottle, I thought, why not get it, it's a good deal. I was expecting something to blow me out of this world since everyone I've ever known has put this on a pedestal but unfortunatley, that wasn't the case.

At first, I thought it smelled odd? The seaweed note and citrus notes threw me off and there was something about it that smelled dirty, almost like salty, bitter sweat. I know, it sounds weird but I really got that vibe from it! I hated it at first but after wearing it a few more times after that, I must say it grew on me. I actually love the seaweed note in it now and the salty, bitter sweat vibe I used to get from it is no longer there.

The aquatic feel to this fragrance is actually very well done and although very synthetic, the combination of citrus, florals, woods, and musk give it a type of character that truly captures the idea of a fresh water ocean, something that I've yet to smell with any other sport fragrance. It's semi-sweet yet green, but has this animalic aura to it but musk tends to do that, and the aldehydes give it a clean, very fresh touch that might even give of the impression of laundry detergent. This fragrance is excellent if you want something different from all the usual aquatic/sport colognes for men out there. I can't imagine why this wasn't so groundbreaking when it first arrived on the scene back in the early 90's.

I just imagine myself running on a beach on a warm, sunny day, when all the sudden, a light breeze picks up and freshens the air while it wafts the smell of the deep blue sea all throughout . It's a scent that's great for spring/summer. Its sillage and longevity is fantastic, and uniqueness is a most definite A+! The one thing that this fragrance lacks is in its versatility, but not by much. I wouldn't recommend wearing this in a suit and tie or in any formal attire like one can with most other sport frags (Allure Sport, Dior Sport) because it lacks that "sophistication" factor, but if you're the casual type of guy in a t-shirt and jeans or shorts, this is perfect!

2whit2quit
2whit2quit

I remember loving to smell this on the boys that I walked the school hallways with:)

vascobgs
vascobgs

Longevity very bad. Nothing special, orange citrus smells from beginning to end.

cezarmac
cezarmac

Polo Sport was made to day by day,not for a special occasion,simple as that.

scattolini
scattolini

I doñ´t know how to describe it, but I´ll try to:

Very fresh, citric and bright opening, showing little sweetness..... It´s a classic sexy scent..... very very sexy... Just for instance, women around just go crazy and start stripping immediately, taking their blouses out and , you know
...
The middle notes a basenotes are more woody and fresh, indeed, the perfume my friend, smells great.

I´ve been using this perfume on special days, mainly for outdoor events.

I see 20-something year-old men using this. Although I´m 33, I feel like getting 2 years younger after each spray of it.

It´s great and rich fragrance, but for Christ´s sake if you´re 60, show some respect and go get something more adequate and appropriate for you. Forget it!!!

Still, the fragrance has serious issues on lasting power, ít won´t take more than 2 hours to vanishes from your skin.

Bottle: 8/10
Lasting power: 5/10
Sillage: 5/10
Projection: 8/10
Scattolini´s X-factor: 10/10 (believe me) =)

EseveN
EseveN

The best men's cologne of all time!
But, of course, it is not perfect.
It's only weakness: Doesn't last long. 4 to 5 hours and it's gone.

mj9999
mj9999

My technique with this scent is to avoid the sharp top notes...I usually do spray 2 in each underarm (in your shirt). With this, longevity is improved and expect middle notes to dominate...smells good at night, if you do what i said..

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Sweet freshness
Pretty nice. It reminds me Davidoff Cool water. It have a similar vibe to it. I guess it's the sweet blue freshness with the old school feel.
Good 90's scent

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

wow look at all the notes break down here. I don't pick any of these. To my opinion it has a linear scent which makes it very boring. It is a fresh scent, and has a synthetic part to it, but the synthetic part doesn't bother. Overall it is a pleasant scent, but boring. Good for days and summer, but I would use something better in summer days.

zackywacky6
zackywacky6

Really good fragrance, but for $40 you can get much better fragrances. Too expensive for what it is. I recommend Touch by Black Suede as an alternative

FrecklesCaramel
FrecklesCaramel

I remember this perfume and I like it a lot. I don't remember when but I recall that I loved the smell and I going to look it up again and see if I still like it :)

xerces1492
xerces1492

I got this when I was sixteen and it was the bomb then. Now, I'm thinking "Dang, I really wasn't in to subtlety, was I?" I mean I wear strong now but that camphoric character just takes strong to a whole new level. For women, I've noticed it's 50/50: some are put off by the strength and some just love it. I've moved away from it though. Good for when you still have assigned seating, but afterwards it's time to graduate. I will say this though: this is THE original fresh cologne and a great place to start.

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

I use the polo sport fragrance at my 16 years old their style to me is the best. very spicy and fruity perfect for any moment you would not go unnoticed.

This was one of the very first scents I acquired, after I decided I wanted to wear more than just one or two. I was looking for something different than what everyone else was wearing at the time and found it! This is still one of my favorites and utterly Ralph Lauren...

An opening of bright greens and citruses with a slight underlying florals greets you right out of the sprayer. This one mists fine and covers evenly and feels almost water based on the skin. It has a very tonic feel to me. As it dries the ginger's sharpness and seaweed's slightly sour smell mixes with the flowers and top notes to become a warm watery haze of inviting freshness. This finishes strongly woody with a heavy musk and very marine-like ambergris scent and not the golden fossilised resin of most scents.

This is reminiscient of sweat and salty breezes and sunny warmth of a beach volleyball game, intense but not unpleasant. This is the intensity of activity and the beauty in sports without the clean, soapy feel of most 'sport' scents. This is aromatic, manly and elegant all at once. It is the strength, beauty and power of Man, and makes no excuses or tries to be something it is not...It's Polo, it's Sport and it's magnificent!!

Sillage: very good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4.5/5

This fragrance does indeed remind one of outdoor activity and radiates a warmth and freshness not found in many other scents. It is not just for jocks though, it could easily be worn on a casual day trip or even in the spring or fall.

Despite the cobalt colored bottle, this is NOT your typical "blue" fragrance...nor is it your usual sport scent. This has warmth, prescence, greens and yet it has subtle florals and smooth woods along with spices and fruits, yet it is none of these things individually-like a well-rounded man, it is made up of many qualities and attributes and stands out from those around him-iconic yet familiar...

Omega Man
Omega Man

I like Polo Sport very much but I don't think it is any kind of masterpiece. It is a dry, less sweet, less loud Cool Water variation. Smells a little like grape juice.

andrevarx
andrevarx

It is a masterpiece dedicated to young and active men. This EDT has a fresh synthetic aperture and energized. Middle notes that develop in spicy, like a leaf green algae, green wood and green, with base notes highlighting a green-woody character that remains fresh and appealing.

The aroma of this EDT believe surpasses its name, not only because I think is smart for sport, is stylish for almost any occasion. In advance is a fragrance for men only dynamic, which can project leadership and elegance with this fragrance.

The aroma is perfect for office use, mainly because projected leadership and energized by their environment mixed with spicy greens. It is manly in its tones of wood, in this aspect can be used as a fragrance for romantic use, being male, strong and dynamic.

Just almost perfect. It lasts up to 14 hrs on my skin, and age range is universal, requires only one real way to be dynamic.

katmerli
katmerli

that's the legand.... i'd used this fragnance during i was at high school... and i did not forget it. this is the best choice, if you feel yourself already young...

very masculine classic scent, among the three best of ralph lauren. makes you feel mature. Very good job and a must have!!

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Polo sport sets up a clear scenery for the word "aquatic", IMHO. It can be used on an everyday basis and makes you feel so refreshed throughout the day.

Amber in this juice is very minimal and that does not amaze me as I really find it non-sweet. Indeed, it is really masculine.

All in all. 10/10 for me.

Venom
Venom

Nice fresh scent, great classic. Perfect for day time use in summer spring. Still caries a high price for its age but can be worth it. I recommend buying if bored but there is better out there. Spray too much and it gets a soapy smell.

dema2727
dema2727

Polo Sport launched in 1994, Animale for Men launched in 1993!!! For me Polo Sport is very similar to Animale for Men.
Well, I like both :)

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Has some of Polo's piney element, but mixed with that watery "blue" kind of scent that comes with most sport colognes. Better than regular Polo, but why bother with this? Why not just use Gillette deodorant and call it a day?

periquito89
periquito89

Very good reviews here and there, full of stars on "Perfumes - The Guide", and my disappointment was just bigger than all my expectations. I don't know how I would felt about it back on 1993, but today I find it silly; not just cheap, but silly. Something that would fit better on a teenager than on a 30 years old man, for example. Yes, my fault: I was expecting a more austere scent, instead of this happy sweet one. But I recognize that it can be a compliment getter. For a sport scent, I surely prefer the Tommy Hilfiger frag.

andy
andy

the best of the polos it really kicks cool waters ass and has a real edge to it and a great smell that lots of people find sexy and some call a natural aphrodesiac

i gotto say that this is the best of the polos and definately a HOT BUY i got beverly hills polo club (same scent diffrent name) and its a perfect scent to wear anytime

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I used this a lot many years ago. It a great fresh fragrance but it was short lived on me. Perfect for day or evening use.

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

During the beginning it's strong, powerful, & fresh at the same time. I'm not sure how long it lasts. but it's a nice fragrance

Fabricio
Fabricio

Another keeper. Fresh and simple. Smells very young and energizing.

Rockdj
Rockdj

a classic fragrance. like it very much it was my first cologne. great notes and refreshing like no other. polo sport rocks. great long lasting power and 100% american!!

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

Ahh my highschool sweetheart wore this in highschool. Clean, sexy,lots of citrus and cedar. Great first cologne for a young guy.

acc
acc

a little outdated but still a good option if you look for a light and refreshingscent for spring and summer. the opening notes refersh and uplift you. the base notes make you feel charismatic with a quality woody drydown.

sjanira
sjanira

I once bought this for my ex boyfriend and I remember it smelling very good. Very masculine and sexy but powerful at the same time.

ticalau
ticalau

For me it's my default fragrance, this fragrance define me :D Love it! I'm using other fragrances for different occasions... but this one it's my daily fragrance! This one gives u personality!

guest_ulrikm
guest_ulrikm

[*****-] Classic, timeless scent that still has far more personality than most other citrus scents for men. Soapy clean, crisp, sporty. Perfect for everyday or summertime use, not particularly suited for night time. Reasonably long lasting. Also, first-class design in a world of unimaginative fragrances for men packaging.

Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren 3.73 out of 5 based on 545 ratings and 81 user reviews

EDT Mini 0.37oz
POLO SPORT for MEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
Perfume.com
Polo Sport Cologne by Ralph Lauren - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Polo Sport Cologne by Ralph Lauren - 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Polo Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Polo Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.