Designers » R S » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Polo Sport Woman Ralph Lauren for women

Polo Sport Woman Ralph Lauren for women
dislike

After great success of the fragrance for men Polo Sport, Ralph Lauren launched thee version for women. Fresh, floral aroma starts with freshness of aldehydes, lemon, mint and aquatic notes of melon. Delicate bouquet of violet rose, freesia and cyclamen is in the heart of the perfume. Woody notes of sandalwood and patchouli are in the base, together with amber and styrax. The perfume was created in 1997. The nose behind this fragrance is James Krivda.

Aldehydes Eucalyptus Orange Blossom Melon Spicy Mint Lemon Water Mint

Reaction for Her

Polo Sport Woman Fragrance Reviews

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Beautiful memories from 1997 holiday when it was released!:) At that time I used to hate melon scents but my mom got it for herself. Now I still have little left as she gave me her bottle and of course it is old and slightly stinky, but I can still feel the breath of that beautiful summer. If I already faced Escape and Eden, this one will surely be my next step, if I manage to find it somewhere.

Bublegum
Bublegum

Such a nice perfume. I initially bought this when I was 14 in a drugstore! I immediately loved it later as a teen, but still love it. Although I have some difficulties to find it. It is very flowery though and the moment I put it I sneeze a little. But still love it. Once I borrowed it to my roomate, she wasn't very excited about it, but everyone in her work was. I suggest this perfume for summer or spring mornings or afternoons. I prefer more sweet scents for nights

jujuba4596
jujuba4596

My aunt wears this since I was a little girl. Everytime I smell this perfume, it reminds me of her.

It's sooooo good. I LOVE IT.
I don't know why, I think it's very sweet, but I can't find anything sweet looking through the notes. It's gotta be my childhood memory.

I can smell the melon anyway. It's fresh and citrus but I really think it's very sweet.

Perfect for every season. Feels like a fancy perfume. It stays all day long.

kattleia
kattleia

I became interested on Polo Sport Women when a close guy friend of mine keeps on telling me how much he loves it and even eager to have one for himself (he's a straight guy by the way). He's travelling different countries but having a hard time to find it. So he asked me a favor to help him on his search then he will just pay me. I immediately searched on different stores locally and even online but sad to find out that it is already discontinued. Was able to find one before on ebay but to my disappointment it was fake! (Scent is gone in 1 minute). There are available stocks online from other countries but quite expensive, and to my fear that it is again, fake.

After 3 yrs of search, luckily I found original one on ebay. The item is partially used but I never hesitated to get it just to fill in my curiousity and to justify why my friend loves it so much. And.. WOW!! the scent is DIVINE! ..Very fresh, clean and what I like about it is that the scent lingers and stays fresh despite the hot weather. Longevity on my skin is like 6-7 hrs. If only Polo Sport Women becomes available at this time, definitely I will haul it! ..And I don't think I will give this purchase to my friend, I'll keep this instead =P

If you like fresh, spicy and aquatic floral (ie Tommy Girl, Kenneth Cole Reaction and Swiss Army from Victorinox), you will love this! Not exactly the same notes but to my nose the scents are pretty close giving me the same positive vibes.. very refreshing, energetic, but girly and elegant at the same time! Polo Sport Women is a winner. I love it!! :)

almarie
almarie

I used to love this scent! I recently came across a bottle of this at a perfume store in the mall, but the color had turned and when the SA sprayed it, it definitely didn't smell like how I remembered it. Then, I was in Rite Aid and I saw a bottle of it there as well. I had the SA take it out of the box just to see if it also had turned color and indeed it did. But she told me I could spray it and it actually smelled somewhat decent like I remembered it. I still didn't buy it though. When I picked up my son from a friend's house he go into the car and said, " What's that awful smell?!" and I had to agree that it smelled like cleaning products,oh well. I can glamorized the scent in my head, even though the reality of the bottles found today are spoiled:(

Susan_b
Susan_b

I just saw the bottle and immediately recall the scent. This was signature scent years ago. It was nice at the time but too green for now. I'm sure if I go searching I can find a bottle somewhere in my house.

MissCupcake1624
MissCupcake1624

Was my first signature scent, back in high school. Who am I kidding, my only signature scent! Haven't found a new sig since then! Lol. Walking through the mall the other day, I ran across a discount perfume kiosk that was somewhat new. I was browsing through the glass, and saw a couple bottles of this. The SA sprayed some on paper for me, but it took a few sniffs for me to remember the fragrance. It brought back so many memories. I still like the scent, enough to go back & buy it. Even if not to wear it, but just to sniff occasionally to bring back carefree days. I still have a bottle of Tommy Girl, they can hang out together & be friends :)

naaym.agecra
naaym.agecra

This was my High School signature scent. The guys love this a lot.

kellyt102
kellyt102

This was the first fragrance I was aware of that had that oceanic, watery, ylang-ylang, ozone association. It seems to me that after this everybody jumped on the bandwagon and I was sniffing that combination everywhere. I still do. I think this was a real game-changer since 1997.

JeanneMM59
JeanneMM59

I absolutely Love this Purfume it is My all time favorite, I guess I'm stuck in
The 80's.(*;*) ! ! Jeanne' Miller

karenprattis
karenprattis

Loved this perfume but sadly I can't seem to able to purchase it any more in Scotland. It's like finding a four leaf clover, lovely fresh perfume that made you want to have fun with your pals. Great summer perfume, easy to wear like your best pair of jeans.

anapardo81
anapardo81

Though citrusy this smells sophisticated in my opinion. It must be the woody note. I love it. It's one I always go back to even after many years.

francess.raymundo
francess.raymundo

A clean fragrance that smells like the purest freesia

missmeaghanrose
missmeaghanrose

I've been wearing this for years. I like it for any kind of business casual kind of occasion. Now that I work in a hospital I don't wear it to work anymore. I used to wear it to work functions at my office job. I like it for day and night.

arzacu
arzacu

fresh, floral, a little soapy but great aldehydes opening, absolutely love it, my first women's fragrance in my wardrobe, purchased recently today.

great for everyday use, lasts forever, spring in a bottle.

mesmerisa
mesmerisa

It is uplifting, perky, fresh and bright scent. Crispy, sharp beginning and beautiful, tender and youth base notes. This perfume stirs me up and makes me more energetic and active.:) Like it!

Inesis
Inesis

Very, very crisp and citrucy! I mostly smell lemon and mint. Not really my kind of fragrance, but I imagine this could really hit the spot on a hot summer day. But the quality! Very minimum sillage and lasts like an hour. Bad! Shame on Ralph Lauren. Lucky I only paid five euros.

Edit: This is great in the heat! Must be over 30 degrees and now this is refreshing and very pleasant. Definitely at it's best.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

It also reminds me of my teenage days - lovely memories are coming back. I got this as a present from my mum -and it was my feeling good fragrance.

tanithh
tanithh

I hate it.. it's an aquatic and it's not a feminine scent .,it smells like a male fragance.

TheBaroness
TheBaroness

This fragrance brings back wonderful memories. I remember having time to kill between the end of the workday and my horseback riding lesson scheduled for that evening. One day, instead of killing time at the bookstore, I hit up the perfume counter and decided to buy Polo Sport Woman on a whim. I drove to the stable and sat in the car until it was time for the lesson and applied a little bit of this, and it was the perfect scent for riding. It's fresh, citrusy, summery and just really clean. It lifts your mood (or maybe it was just because I was riding and smelling the perfume rather than manure!).

Lasting power is not bad at all, at least for me. It stays on for a good 4-5 hours at least, maybe a little more.

I wish it was still in production because it's better than a lot of the Ralph Lauren scents for women that are available now. It's well worth tracking down a bottle.

Kysyona
Kysyona

A diehard fan here. Got to know it while my best friend wore it in high school and I was daydreaming about being able to afford it for something like years! I purchased it with my 1st salary and to date I can't find a single flaw with it even if I try really really really hard. It is not a super-feminine scent, but at the same time i would never mistaken it for a man's cologne, so I do not see this as unisex at all. I praise this perfume for an amazing kick in the butt it gives one to wake up, smell fresh air, get out there and broaden one's horizons, in every sense! If a perfume actually helps you evolve and inspires you to do things, change, try to live off the beaten track - then it is worth to be called great and is allowed to cost as much as this one does. I don't ever feel a pang of regret spending my last cent on it. It lasts, oozes freshness all day long and earns endless compliments. Amazingly, it works for both day and night and sort of blossoms in late evening acquiring a slightly more "green wet" touch. I would simply die of a broken heart if I found it vanishing off the market one day.

alyaa
alyaa

Fresh, young and sporty scent, the kind of perfume I avoided like the plague in the 90's only because it was everywhere. I think this perfume is classified as an aquatic but I dont get a prominent ozonic accord, mainly citrus, orange blossom, woods and musk. Its one of the few well crafted citrus scents and rather than anything, that orange blossom and mint is reminscent of a refreshing cologne we used to have at home when I was growing up. On skin, this scent lasts no more than 4 hours , and a shower removes all traces, but it does have its uses. Like others said, its an energizer so its perfect for the gym or as a morning scent...

ellachamp
ellachamp

first perfume I've ever owned. Used to wear this a lot for special occasions back in college.Fresh and yet warm with beautiful floral notes, at least that's what I get. Great lasting power too. Ahhhh, it brings back so many memories :)

SaleenM98
SaleenM98

I loved this from the first moment I smelled it. It is fresh, clean, very wearable, and every time I wear it I get complements (though discontinued, I keep a bottle in my fridge for special occasions). The smell reminds me of a fit, sharp, professional woman. It can be for work or play, and it smells 'grown-up.' Not Chantilly or Chanel No. 5 'grown-up,' but definitely not the go-to fragrance of a sorority. One spritz is plenty. Initial spritz is spicy any and citrusy, the dry-down is clean and smooth. It's strong, though, so beware if you are fortunate enough to get your hands on a bottle.

Chamomiledaisy
Chamomiledaisy

My first RL back in 1995. Very fresh ,clean smell. But now iam in my mid 30's . So i found romance more Me. Anyway this is very gud smell

beatrix75
beatrix75

i havet before and i reamember toooo its very nice strong fresh smell!!!lot of citrus ginger mint a lot off very iresisteble notes!!i was in my teenage "before 17 years

poivrerose
poivrerose

A fabulous fresh aquatic essence! Very dense and very aquatic. It is strongly watre mint, melon, and lemon. It is sweet but not overly so. Fresh but not naggingly. It's crisp and quite cool somehow. As for florals I smell a hint of rose. I also get a bit of ginger somewhere in there. You should be careful about the amount you apply because, in my experience, this has very powerful sillage and fabulous lasting power. Very suitable to spring and summer. It is a happy scent. Casual, relaxed, cool. Great for outdoors.

Conacha
Conacha

I got this as a gift a few months ago but I decided to wait until summer to wear it. It's one of those fragrances that screams "SUMMER!" from the roof.
Polo Sport starts quite woody and fresh... at first I thought it was pine, but then I saw that those notes are eucalyptus and mint. Immediatly it changes to a citrusy fragrance (mostly grapefruit) with something sharp in it that doesn't make it edible but quite refreshing (somehow I associate this cent with a mojito).
It lasts almost the whole day! (And the person writing here has a skin that eats the fragrances! Imagine my surprise). It's not a complex smell but it's refreshing and warm at the same time. I find that I prefer to wear this that Dolce&Gabbana Light Blue or Moschino Cheap & Chic I Love Love because not so many people wear it (definitely more original) and it's not that expensive. You can wear this in almost every ocassion and while I prefer it for summer, it's actually a noce scent for winter, the kind that lingers on you sweater or scarf for days with a cozy feeling.
Will I repurchase it? I think so! I don't love it with all my heart but it's definitely one of the best citrusy scents I've found.

Fre.peo.jas.fig7
Fre.peo.jas.fig7

One of my favorites. It's such a happy, eye opening fragrance. I'll eventually buy it again...someday.

kortneyerin
kortneyerin

This used to be one of my favorites, back in my late tens, early twenties. I have gotten many of compliments and when my friends tried it, it just didn't smell the same on them.

stereomari
stereomari

My grandma wears it. She is very youthful, but she doesn´t like girly scents (like I do). When I´ve sprayed it in my hand I could smell the citruses, the eucalyptus and the mint. After a while I could smell some flowers (rose, I think), the patchoulli and the woods far away. I like it. I think it´s very fresh and sporty and it´s great for daytime. I´d use it on summer and autumn, but I can´t say why =). It has that fresh feeling like you´ve just came out of the shower after the gym. Very pleasant. It´s very easy to wear.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Fresh water scent was always pleasurable when I used the product. I would layer the fragrance w cooling body gel. Dont think I would purchase again. There are other products I like better.

Aling23
Aling23

Nice daytime scent. Summery and fresh.
Long lasting and a good pick me up.
A great anytime smell.

nanano
nanano

Very fresh, a little bit flowery, more aquatic. Nice breezy scent. Problem is that there is no very hot days in my country.

cisco
cisco

Just found almost half of a large (unsure of size) bottle I must have purchased over ten years ago. I still love this scent. I am not sure I would call this aquatic. Something separates it from the majority of aquatics. It opens with a lot of lemon (great in hot weather). Then the mint really stands out and gives you a herb garden feeling. I am so happy I found it. I tried to replace it with another sport perfume and that did not work nearly as well. This is a tried and true Lauren. The sillage and staying power both are good.

I AM SO HAPPY I FOUND MY BOTTLE!!!!!!!

Norgirl
Norgirl

a fresh ,sporty everyday fragrance. it also have a bit of warmth in it. citrus , white flowers , abitt of white musk maybe. a lovely energiser:)

seatonica
seatonica

Not one I would have sought out, a bottle of this fragrance came my way free. On acquaintance turns out that Polo Sport Woman quite likes me. Really good in Australia's summer heat too. A bit like 'Tommy Girl' -only sharper, more lemony.

andrevarx
andrevarx

Very fresh and youthful, sporty but tender, a very pleasant aroma. Much like Tommy Girl, but with aquatic chords. Really a shame that they discontinued this at least in Mexico. Very nice for a man at least in my opinion.

imoore
imoore

Eucalyptus and nutmeg, smells like pickled cucumber in my country where we use all sorts of spices to flavor cucumber (dill is not listed but I can identify it clearly in the heart).
I bet man does not like it at all.

straydogfreedom
straydogfreedom

I used to wear this a lot in the early high school years [8, 9 years ago?] and I really liked it. I sprayed some on me recently, and boy my tastes have changed. I did not like it at all.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

This perfume is very light, fresh and clean smelling. It smells mainly lemony to me. It's quite long-lasting and doesn't need to be reapplied often, if at all. I think though that it's far more of a summery perfume than for wearing during colder months as it's a bit too light, and maybe slightly astringent smelling, for wearing in cold weather. I like Polo but it's not one of my favorite perfumes, maybe because it lacks warmth and it's perhaps slightly too unisex smelling.

mandashell
mandashell

Used to love this because my mom loved and wore it. Would steal a few spritzes every once in a while. LOL! It is fresh, mildly sweet, sharp but pleasant. Remeber it having a very distinct smell that would really last all day. Very cool and refreshing. This is far superior to L'eau d'Issey which actually made my stomach turn. If you are looking for an old school classic fresh scent then I would give this a try. ;')

sugarplumjabba
sugarplumjabba

Oooooh ... this brings back TONS of memories. I remember getting this for my 16th bday a few months after it came out and I wore this perfume for about 2 years straight through high school. This caught the attention of boys back then, and I have no clue why. It's very fresh and everytime I smell it I get a little nostalgic, it's like high school in a bottle for me.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

I am still beating myself up for buying Burberry Weekend for Men (this fragrance is kind of unisex) instead of this. My mom convinced me to get the Burberry instead of this and im still pissed.

This fragrance is the definition of me cool, calm, sporty with an edge :-)
The smell is divine, the price is right and it appears to be long-lasting.

mwater1
mwater1

I picked up Polo Sport Woman based on many positive reviews. Unfortunately, this fragrance does nothing for me. On the first spritz, all I could think is 'EWWW'. It smells synthetic, bitter, harsh, and cold on me. I kept hoping that Polo Sport would begin to transition and soften but that never happened. I was hugely disappointed in this fragrance. Perhaps it was my skin chemistry with this fragrance but there was nothing remotely pleasant about this for me. The only thing that I can say for it is that the fragrance only lasted for an hour.

The reason makes me so curious to smell this perfume was that one of the members has mentioned that it smelt like Tommy Girl.
I agree!not that these two smell the same,but as it mentioned they both energize me.both are refreshing and perfect for summer.of course Tommy Girl is more floral,while this one is into lemon and aquatic notes.
when I sprayed it on my wrist all I could smell was a kind of modern,young and energizing aroma.when I take a deep breathe I smell lemon over there,not sour lemon,nor lime,but the sweet lemon and it's well mixed with mint.a very fresh smelling without being sour.
but more fun is even on the way...
it doesn't lose it's freshness,but the floral notes makes it more feminine.I can't describe it like the notes shown here in the site,but I can say that I always smell sweet lemon in this perfume and it's really perfect.
the bottle has the simple transparent shape of modern perfumes in 90 decade that always caught my attention.I'm afraid that I've discovered such a good perfume too late.
still I like it very much,but if I had smelt it sooner I would fall in love definitely.

guest_Bipsy
guest_Bipsy

this was an accidental choice, a friend of mine gifted it to me and i have never stopped using it. its fresh and i don't know what the ingredients are but of late, this is the smell that people associate me with. and i think this has become my signature smell. :)

joliefille
joliefille

this was my first RL perfume.

i used to love this when i was in college. a classmate of mine used to wear this in summer and it was so refreshing, like melons! lingering fragrance and last a few hours. perfect for summers. i bought my own bottle several years later and used it thoroughly until only some 15ml was left because then suddenly i got bored of it. now, i think time and heat have taken their toll on the fragrance because it's not so melony now, it smells stale. or maybe i'm more into orientals now.

guest_DEE
guest_DEE

This perfume gives me the same feeling everytime I use Tommy Girl. Not the same smell but both gives me the same positive energy to keep me on the go especially when the day is just too warm
It's just lovely perfume and stays quite long on my skin

Arexyz
Arexyz

very cool.try to imagine unbelievable summer heat, your skin is red because of sun and hot air and then you will jump into the pool which is full of ice cubes...so that is this parfume. It is long-lasting, fresh and clean fragrance, very gentle and pleasant (but my mother had a headache from this-I don´t know why, it is not strong or agressive, maybe she is allergic to some component)I think that melon and water mint are the core of this fragrance and they are also noticable for all time.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I bought this today and it smells good I smell alot of lemon and then it dries down to a light fizzy fruity fresh scent! A good fragrance when you can't figure out which to put on! Also I think my man will like this he likes fresh scents on me he doesn't like the sweet perfumes!

bayviewlib
bayviewlib

I lived in Miami when this came out. It made me feel energetic, happy & very independent. Loved it!

guest_azra
guest_azra

my first perfume using my own salary back of 1997.using my part time salary working as hostess at songket lounge, hotel istana; malaysia.everybody noticed me.love love love this piece

holanda79
holanda79

I wore it in high school and it was like my signature, it was a great aroma which made me capture the attention of sevel boys.

siskakak
siskakak

I used to wear this perfume when i was in high school!!!

Kimmykimberly
Kimmykimberly

I used to wear this perfume when I was in high school about 7-8 years ago. It's a nice one, very fresh. Cheer up your feeling...

klonk
klonk

This is not a simple perfume. Yes, it is absolutely fresh (I get a lot of citrus) at the beginning but it becomes more warm after some time. Quite flowery too. I think it smells 'expensive'. Noticable and lasts long to my opinion. Great for summer use but also great wearing a nice cosy wool sweater during a walk in the snow...

Lolly007
Lolly007

Summer fragrance - fresh, floral and breezy. Long lasting for long hot day.In addition, in the winter it is very beautiful.

Polo Sport Woman by Ralph Lauren 3.70 out of 5 based on 311 ratings and 58 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Polo Sport Woman fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Polo Sport Woman, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Polo Sport Woman by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Polo Sport Woman by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.