Designers » R S » Chypre Floral « Groups

Pure Turquoise Ralph Lauren for women

Pure Turquoise Ralph Lauren for women
dislike

leather
Pure Turquoise Ralph Lauren for women Pictures Pure Turquoise Ralph Lauren for women Pictures Pure Turquoise Ralph Lauren for women Pictures Pure Turquoise Ralph Lauren for women Pictures

A perfume from Ralph Lauren crowned with the precious stone turquoise is named after it - Turquoise. The fragrance is rich and opulent. It opens with black current blossom, soft powdery – velvety violet leaf, lily-of-the-valley and cactus flower Cereus that flourishes at night. The heart is floral and composed of orange blossom, Bulgarian rose and desert lily. The base brings patchouli, birch, amber, powdery – soft vanilla Bourbon and narcotic rum. There are two bottle editions: luxurious, with the unique precious stone turquoise on the stopper; and the common bottle with a stopper that is more decent. It is available as 75 and 125 ml EDP. You can read more about the precious stone Turquoise. Pure Turquoise was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Annie Buzantian.

Violet Cassia Cactus Flower Lily-of-the-Valley

Orange Blossom Lily Bulgarian Rose

Birch Amber Patchouli Bourbon Vanilla Rum

Aquazur

Pure Turquoise Fragrance Reviews

Tine1world
Tine1world

I'm hoarding my bottle, for this gem and quite possibly one of the best fragrances EDP ever produced and is sadly discontinued. Had I known that when I made my purchase I would have purchased more. My pocket then was not deep, it's not deep now but has more room. I ceased tobacco as a habit.

Still spending as if I need too? ironic.

I received a lot of compliments when I wore this. I do not live near a desert, but Australia is like a desert sometimes. I am near and live with humid conditions by the beach,unfortunately not for long either.. I shall be moving closer to my states desert.

This is like a breath of fresh air with promise of good things. I was once belittled when wearing this, sadly tarnishing my affair with with Pure Turquoise.

Overall a wonderful and unique fragrance, typically as these types of unique fragrances are discontinued as it does not sell like hot cakes.Somewhat lacking in mass appeal. That's why. This obviously is not for the average Joe and the above average Josephina now has to go without, typically profits before people phenomena.

BOO HOO> I am hoarding what's left in my flacon for when I want to make a statement. But I can still smell this when I close my eye's. This is in my summer wardrobe too.

Cheers T.

AngelEuphoria
AngelEuphoria

If you love this one you can still find it at Scentsational Shoppe.com. They sell uncut perfume oils that are identical to all of the fragrances, (I used to work at the fragrance counter of a major dept. store). I love this one! I agree with others that if turquoise had a scent, this is how you'd expect it to smell. Pure T. is fresh, clean, inviting and a bit sexy, but manages to avoid the overly musky, floral or sweet notes used today. It's not at all powdery. Enjoy this one year round, for days or summer evenings.

Lizardbreath
Lizardbreath

I've waited some time to share my opinion of Pure Turquoise with the world, mostly for selfish reasons. If everyone finds out about this scent, then it will be gobbled up and disappear...

But wearing it makes me want to speak to the world of folks out there just like me...those always in search of fragrances that evoke some feeling...help us make some connection with the world of the senses. So, I will confess:

PT is the best fragrance I've ever smelled. There have been others that are awesome: comforting, exhilarating, all the things that perfumes are supposed to be. But, PT MOVES me. I am in the desert of my imagination. Never having been there in real life, though always longing to know the solitude, the desperation, the satisfaction-- PT literally TAKES me there.

There is a brightness & sharpness to the top notes, in the lily (which is my favorite flower), yet a softness, when the LOTV becomes succulent and stormy, and this all plays out around me like the rushing front of a raincloud. The dry down of this fragrance is the best yet of any perfume I've encountered: intoxicating vanilla and rum.

anilongoria
anilongoria

Such an adorable scent!Somehow remindes me of Lancaster's Aquazur,another favorite of mine.Not exactly the same smell,but the same hot summer day feeling,sea breeze,sun and golden sands.Just can'get enought!

kasienka
kasienka

Turquoise. Yes. This color perfectly reflects the character of the fragrance.
It is wet, cold and salty. I smell the sea, but it also smells clean air, and the wind?
It is very natural and breezy.
It's a natural smell of fresh air.
Only for a moment feel a slight white flowers, which for the moment remains,
and in their place appears green, fresh cactus.
That's it smell all the plants in my garden after the rain and so it smells like grass after rain.
I imagine that I am standing with open arms somewhere in the middle of my garden, I breathe this air crisp and neat, and I look at this stunning turquoise sky.
What do I feel?
I only feel blissful peace. Or maybe turquoise peace?

Limpylou
Limpylou

I have had this since it was introduced. It is unusual and the scent seems to change with the time of year! Living in Central Florida, summers are very humid and hot. The long-lasting scent seems a bit heavier then...

I am a fan, but have to be in the mood. I do get compliments... As a perfume addict... Changing from day to day what I wear, it has lasted me a long time and retains it's just off the shelf fragrance.

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

Stark, windswept beauty. There's the sweet, straw-like smell of desert floral essences (think about something, like, "Australian Bush Essennces") and white sage, solar musk and cool, dustiness of skin warmed in the sun and dry earth. A subtle, citrus liquor smell emerges that makes me think of "Chartreuse"; an herbal, smooth tonic.

"Pure Turquoise" truly makes me think of The Southwest and its streamlined, aesthetic and vast, panoramic sunsets. It makes me think of beautiful isolation, even the desolation of abandoned places in unforgiving regions; dried wood with a little oil left over in its planks, random, miraculous cactus flowers under even more miraculous rainfall, the dry crumbliness of the desert, sweet drinks at isolated gas stations and stops along Rte. 66 and the elegant simplicity of Native culturally influenced, Southwest garb and arts. It's primal, structural, even spiritual, in nature, clean in a windswept way and utterly unique.

I just love it, love how weird it is, while also being elegant and pleasant, at the same time. Although discontinued, I'll continue wearing it, as long as I can, before it fades into the vast ether of transient things.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

Pure Turquoise is my one of my favourite summer scents. It is crisp and refreshing and works so well in hot weather.

For me it's about the cooling astringency of soft greens. The slightly powdery florals are well balanced with the green notes so that neither dominates.

A unique and beautiful fragrance.

dkny27
dkny27

Definitely not a scent you would find in today's new releases. A fresh green cactus, cassia and birch with floral compliments that I could never predict evolving as they do. It's green and pale pink; if I had to apply colors, not necessarily turquoise.
Crisp and buttery at the same time. So feminine and interesting.
Today's fragrance makers would be wise to take a look at this gem......

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

I have had this for some time, 125ml, I thought I'd never use it all. Not that I don't like it, its just that I have so many (greedy perfume addict) and I found I needed to be in the mood for this one.
Lately however, I find myself reaching for it again and again., as its unique, in a world of similar scents, this stands alone. It has a dryness, for want of a better description, and though it turns sweetly comforting, after quite a few hours, its first hours do invoke thoughts of deserts, cacti, and stark beauty.
This fragrance works well for casual and more dressy times, but changes with temperature/season, as well as changing body chemistry. It projects well, but not overpoweringly, and is beautifully long lasting. I still smell it after showering. I can smell it the next day, after application in the morning. In a time of fruity and candy scents,( and yes, I've got some of those, which I wear regularly), this is womanly and individual.
A worthwhile investment, imho, for a different experience to the everyday scents, and worthy addition to my scent wardrobe

chillalot
chillalot

beautiful bottle a real throw back to Ralph's grown up days..now his female fragrances are very youth oriented.
I would never call this heavy or even sweet as I remember it to be quite clean...even a little to green..kind of screaching..perhaps it the lily of the valley or the violet. I agree with the other reviewers pleas use a light hand when applying..great projection

Wearing PT I'm reminded of my first day in Phoenix. There are flowers, and greenery,and clayey dust, and amazing warmth in mid-December. I don't live there anymore, and I don't wear PT all that often but in the depth of cold and wet Boise weather it is a delicious reminder of a warmer clime and time.

malawakim
malawakim

What an odd and original scent.

The first time I tried it I only felt rain, rocks and minerals. Salt, yes. It was a harsh and quite unpleasant unisex scent. Still, I got intrigued and kept it.

Now, when I have gotten to know Pure Turquoise, I feel crisp green and flowers. Rain and salt still, which makes it outstanding and makes me want to sniff my arm constantly on those occasions when I dare wearing it.

Definitely unisex still.

Jillita
Jillita

Gin, aldehyde, citrus, mowed grass. A sprightly bug juice. Too green. Headache inducing.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I do not perceive this as a "heavy" scent, as some of the reviewers did. Perhaps this is because my friend Mel, who wears it often, sprays the air and then she walks through the mist.
I think she smells like a fresh bouquet which is equal parts greens and flowers. There is also a unisex feel because of the bourbon vanilla and rum in the drydown.
If she sprayed her pulse points, as I do when I apply scent, rather than do the "walk-through", I think this would be heavier and sweeter, which is not her usual taste. It is the sweetest scent she owns by far.

Wonderful - perfect for spring/summertime. Cool, fresh and airy clean scent. RL has made som gems - this is one of them. Hard to find, but if you do - try it. The Lily-of-the-valley is not dominant and thats good, I think. A timeless scent - made for every woman.

Underbar - perfekt för vår/sommartid. Kylig, fräsch och en luftigt ren doft. RL har några riktigta juveler - detta är en av dem. Svår att finna - men om du hittar den - prova den. Liljekonvaljen är inte dominant som tur är. En tidlös doft - gjord för alla kvinnor.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

LOVE!!! sophisticated, warm, and clean scent..had a huge bottle and treasured it..gifted to my sisters and mom and they loved it too..am not sure if this is still around either..what's wrong with MR. Lauren! Please sir, just don't stop making more of these monumental scents!!!

nomi77
nomi77

refreshing stylish but weak

Forbiddenjade
Forbiddenjade

At times I get the feeling that loads of people forget of how many factors contributes to the reaction a perfume has on each of us.
A slightly different PH, or body temperature (that swings of even half a Celsius from person to person), even the fat stored in our body and vascular problems can make a difference affecting the final result, since they make one's skin more/less warm or moist/dehydrated.
In my opinion to understand a fragrance we should always smell it on a paper, given what mentioned above. I firmly believe that our noses are instinctively driven to those that will work on us - neuro-receptors are for that! - at first smell.
That's why we like/dislike some scents.
So no purpose in 'forcing' up our nostrils something we don't feel as compatible with us.
Said this, Pure Turquoise delivers all one would expect from it.
The first whiff is a gentle, white floral embrace, crisp and clean as one would expect and then along comes an elegant dryness that I can only link to wood and the mineral saltiness of sand.
The dry down is a subtle but persistent mix of these two main streams of scents in perfect balance and the sillage is discreet yet very gripping.
It lays on the skin for many hours, in the cycling unleash of elements that makes me compare this fragrance to an ancient mystery.
It is one of a kind and every time I wore it both men and women approached me saying I smelled fantastic.
I would highly recommend this to people whom skin is always a bit cold (like mine) since it appears to work best on it, releasing all its powerful spell.

jerimoceri
jerimoceri

First, the scent of Pure Turquoise was as I had anticipated, sweet/heavy, then a familiar disapointment, now its a revelation. Living in the Southwest I wanted to smell a desert-y perfume & learn how to capture that fresh air/ sagey-sweet flower, slighty woody scent w/essential & fragrance oils. After reading reviews of PT I ordered the EDP 2.75oz. asap, ripped open the package & sprayed myself.
Many reviews describe it as a heavy frag w/lots of lily-of-the valley and, yes the lily was strong, yet not too sweet & not unpleasant (am not a floral lover) but still kinda heavy. After 15 min, I was disapointed when the dry down smelled so familiar; like a popular sweet 80's frag I've smelled many times before. My friend tried it too & said the same thing; smelled heavy & familiar. Since I bought a bottle I wasnt ready to give up on it.
Next time I sprayed, went outside for awhile & forgot about it...thats when I fell in love. When it really drys down its incredible; fresh air,sweet desert flowers, slighty woody. Layering it w/sage essential oil cuts thru some of the sweetness but doesnt really need it. I'm kinda obsessed ;0 & spray myself several times a day. I'll never be able to make such a delicious, complex scent but who cares? Am just happy someone did ;)

feathers
feathers

If you want to understand how "salty" figures into a perfume, then you should try Ralph Lauren's Pure Turquoise. It is the smell of the taste of the salt on the rim of a very cool, smooth tequila margarita sipped by a woman wearing a very large white lily behind her ear. She is accompanied by the masculine cedar note. This produces a very clean and crisp effect, which is perfectly reflected in the cactus flower note. Seek out the smell of cactus flower if you can, and you will see what I mean! The composition seems to vascillate between sweet and cool, piquant and tart. That's chypre to me! It is not a dry scent, but like a memory of the oceanic origin of the salt on the rim of a refreshing cocktail shared by Lily and Cedar...

Trinidella
Trinidella

I have this and hardly wear it because I always have to spray a little first to be reminded of the scent. It is not considered an "in your face" scent. It wears well though.

papergurl
papergurl

This is one of those fragrances that has edges...planes,peaks,valleys..."terrain". When I wear this I am back in Santa Fe where the light is unique, clear, piercing as is the air...especially in autumn. The temperature starts dropping at night, the cactus blossoms fade and then, suddenly it seems,autumn. The aspens are a gold patchwork across the landscape. The bark reminds me so much of the birch trees of my youth. With the rum note,I think of the effervescent quality of birch beer. White floral lace, definitely get the lily and then a snap of leather. It mellows, almost melts into the patchouli. For me this is an end of summer fragrance for burning Zozobra (old man gloom)and camping under a hyper-clear starry sky. Ms. Buzantian got it right. Bravo. If you enjoy Idole, Ange ou Demon, Midnight Poison, D&G Rue de Fortune, then dance. This fragrance is "elemental" and I use with a light hand.

mahadewi
mahadewi

This is a fragrance that let's you know you are alive, it is very unique, crisp and refreshing. I wouldn't call it a provocative perfume but it definitely exudes a cool confidence that could be sexy. It's a perfume for hot summer days and very different to anything I have ever smelled before. I really like it's uniqueness, but it is not a perfume I would wear everyday, it's one you have to be in the mood for! :)

Have just found since writing my review that this perfume is my top choice for fragrance when studying. I have exams at the moment, and this scent gives me the feeling of clarity and concentration, it does not distract me from my work, but I feel helps me sharpen my senses and focus. And I have to add, that it is winter where I am, but I am working inside in a warmish environment! :)

yettb
yettb

This is very fresh, clean, woodsy, and smooth I love that it is not fruity and it has no pepper! makes it stand out to me I enjoy the cactus note and the rum/vanilla mellow warmer drydown I think the birchbark is noticeable too - very lovely and also soft and smooth I don't think I would part with this one willingly It seems like it would be appealing in any season and could be easily worn every day

rdickey
rdickey

This is the first chypre I have found that I like and boy, am I in love with it! Now I want to explore other chypres that are not obscured by aldehydes. Love it!

weegee
weegee

Pure Turquoise captures the sparkling clarity of bright, sunny days in the southwestern U.S. when the clouds are all fluffy/poofy as they drift slowly across a sky that is truly turquoise blue. The cactus note adds a bit of an airy crisp bite and lily of the valley sprinkles the mix with springtime freshness while birch contributes a light woody feeling. The leather and rum notes are faint but noticeable earthy undercurrents that anchor this marvelous elixir firmly in the unisex category.

Quiet but persistant, PT will waft around you like a light breeze that's here and gone and here again just when you think it's passed you by.

PT is an energizing "scent of nature" that's not floral in the usual sense of the word. I'll go with "floral chypre" because that description better reflects PT's lightness than would "woody chypre", which I actually think would be more accurate.

When I wear this I feel as if I'm standing in a wide, open space even when I'm in a crowded room. Truly a superb elixir!

Moderate sillage with 8-10 hour longevity.

mahanta
mahanta

Well, now that I've tested it at last, I'm stunned...because either I'm having a midlife crisis or I've found my signature scent for the rest of my life. What bewilders me most is that the fragrance itself doesn't have any "wow factor" being an olfactory masterpiece or stunningly beautiful, nevertheless it has jaw dropping effect on me. It blends with my chemistry and lasts good 6 hrs. Although it is extremely well balanced, I can detect all the notes mentioned in its description. Besides, its essence fits the gemstone turquoise (which btw is my zodiac stone) to a T.

ashyashy
ashyashy

Honestly, nth really special, just the ingrediants SOUND and LOOk interesting but when all combined together, it is surprisingly plain and so nothing-special.

aquatic yet earthy. does that make sense? very unusual and i love it. crisp and sweet, yet watery and fallish. strange indeed. there are so many different facets to this perfume and i'm quite happy with this purchase. the rum and cactus are unique and interesting. this is lasting a good 4 hrs on me and i can still smell it very faintly. i would buy it again.

kris919
kris919

cactus and rum, a little sweet. Interesting and different. Normally, I don't like any sweetness in perfumes at all, but I do like this. It gets a tad soapy on me too after a couple of hours but I dont mind that too much. This is the only Ralph Lauren perfume I ever liked. That being said..my experience with Ralph Lauren perfumes has one unifying factor. They all linger with you the first day you wear it...you walk around enjoying the smell following you, then it never happens again. I dont care if you put it away and pull it out 6 months later, you'll never get that same first day experience again. Strange.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I got an assignment to look for birthday present, as birthday present for one of the office's secretary. When I saw the beautiful package of this fragrance, I was instantly interested. So I spray it on paper, it smells really good...cool, firm and feminin. No need to think twice, I bought it before someone else grab it :)

nancinha
nancinha

One of my favourites! I love this scent for Spring/Summer... I usually go for warmer type fragrances, but this is one of the few "cool" scents that I absolutely adore. I think it would be very difficult for anyone to hate this fragrance or to get a headache from it. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's definitely not an offensive fragrance. Alas, you just had to be discontinued didn't you? :( Such a pity. However, I stocked up... should last me for years!

LittleRed
LittleRed

A singular, intensely fragrant flower, emerging from the cracked earth in the dry desert heat. It reaches for the scorching sun in the turquoise sky.
That is what I visualize when I wear this.

It is a dry, hot, poignant floral, parched but thriving. The notes come together beautifully to create a unique, resonating scent that is much more than the sum of its parts.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I know this sounds a little dramatic and mind you I am an Aussie girl I have never been to the desert except Arizona on holiday in the States. This smells to me like the desert after a hot day and the rain just starts spitting and wets the rocks and the sand and the succulants, cactus etc. It smells like stones and rocks that are hot with water sprayed gently over them. It is in the line of Vera Wang's Look and Britney's Believe. There is something clinical, cold and fresh but a warming sensation as the perfume settles on your skin. It is irresistable to me I love it. I got it on special and just thought I would give it a try and I have never looked back. Once I did get a headache so if you are sensitive to perfume or suffer migrains be careful with this. It is sweet but more if you imagine the sweetness of Midnight Poison, or Velvet hour by Kate Moss or Sensuous by Estee Lauder not a girly sweetness. It think that is where people find it more masculine. It is a great earthy smell for those who love the outdoors and want perfumes to smell more like earth rather than flowers. It is not a safe one to get someone as a present because there is a huge chance they won't like it. this one has it's audience and it has no intention of diverting to any other direction. It makes no apologies for what it is and I like that Ralph Lauren have designed this compared to a lot of the other fluff that is floating around the market at the moment.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Glad others can enjoy it. Unfortunately, this didnt last on me at all. Based upon the posts about unisex, Ill give my tester vial to my husband for him to try. Other RL fragrances last on me longer...

sofiii
sofiii

Pure Turquoise is one of the Ralph Lauren perfumes which I wanted to try badly and also found out, it is wearable and less bored (in comparison with those more bored RL perfumes, Romance, I’m particular thinking about you).

Pure Turquoise starts really sharp in a weird (but really nice) green, crisp way. It somewhat reminiscent Romance, they are both quite light and zest and doesn’t seem to belong to their assigned olfactory group that well. If you grown up in China during the early 90s or before, you might’ve used a particular brand of Toilet Water/insect repellent made by a Shanghai cosmetic company, which contains flower and plants essential oil, and is designed to ease the itchiness of mosquito bites, as well as giving you a cooling sensation; and Pure Turquoise smells just like it, but less potent in the cooling/awakening part. It is quite nostalgic to me because nowadays the insect repellents do not contain much fragrance any more.
I guess Pure Turquoise did a rather good job in combining the notes listed, because it doesn’t really smell like those individually, and doesn’t give me any association with those flowers or plants, but as a whole, it is well balanced, it is a something, and definitely a different olfactory experience.

Then Turquoise goes on in a quasi-linear, I cannot really smell the base notes listed here, it’s the same sharp zest notes, but with more and more powdery feel to it (the powdery here is not the soap or baby powder powdery smell, it’s more like a certain powdery note originated from the Pure Turquoise top notes and itself can be a new type of self-amplified/powderified powdery smell).

The final stage of Pure Turquoise is barely there, just a hint of the rounded, tamed version of what it was.

Pure Turquoise is quite a nice and sheer perfume to wear when applied with a light hand or moderately. It is just there and doesn’t bother you (both good and bad ways), it is cold, like the Turquoise stone, but not cold emotionally as a stone would just be neutral emotionally, it is not self-centred like nearly all the other perfumes I’ve tried so far, however it doesn’t lack a personality so much that goes to the RL Romance level (sorry, hope I don’t offend anyone who likes Romance). Wear Pure Turquoise when you literally feel like to wear perfume like an accessory item which doesn’t amplify any wild imaginations (may it be sexy, independent, naughty etc, sometimes stereotypically a certain type of perfumes usually evoke).

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I am not sure why it's considered a chypre floral...for me it's more of an aquatic/green/fresh type scent. Not a frilly flowery scent anyways...

I think it's a lovely spring fragrance that I can wear to work and not be overpowering.

marinadina
marinadina

very unusual i have to say but really reminds me of the smell of the desert as i dream of it, never been there, but this one makes me smell the sun and the cactus is lovely, wish it was staying a little more on my skin..

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Very green to start, but as it dries down, I find it becomes much too floral for my tastes, and always ends up giving me a raging headache. (Granted, I am overly sensitive to certain floral notes.) But, from an objective standpoint, and forgetting about my headache for the moment, the lily in this is pretty.

I can never make it to the base notes though, which I imagine would be the best part of this fragrance for me, because I always have to scrub it off to make my headache subside. :(

parfumeguru
parfumeguru

After getting Romance this summer, I must be getting used to Ralph Lauren's perfumes. I found this baby at Marshalls for $19.99 today. It is a very interesting one I have to say. It does remind you of the Romance just a little but at a deeper from the ocean's rock bottom way.. I suck at describing I know.
Like I said, it is a little unusual fragrance for me, could be a little overwhelming and I think it might be even causing me headache to be perfectly honest. But, I like the scent.

deeannek
deeannek

I just got a huge 4.2 oz bottle of this. I tested some on my arm around noon and its past midnight now and I can still smell it. Thats pretty amazing for me. Most perfumes only last a couple of hours on me at most.
I like this but am not in love with Pure Turquoise...yet. I have spent some time trying to figure out what it was about Turquoise that seems so familiar. I checked the notes and I am pretty sure none of my other perfumes have what is listed but finally I figured it out. It smells a little like Joop Femme to me and it seems to have something in common with ( don't flame me please) White Diamonds-which I love. Both of these have lovely earthy bases and so does Turquoise. While I don't get the top notes or heart notes much I definitley get the base. It also reminds me of my hubby's Lagerfield when Turquiose goes powdery. I could see this as a unisex scent. In fact I spritzed my hubby and Turquoise smells amazing on him .

Lottis
Lottis

Aquantic flowery.
Not at all powdery, sweet or creamy to me.
Fresh and really high at first, but calms down in the drydown to a crispy scent of flowers and sea.
Unisex!
like it!

read 'awesomeness' review. Describes PT very well.

Doodles
Doodles

interestingly, you can really smell the turquoise. it's a fragrance for winter. the relationship that you'll have with it is probably love or hate. really strong and characteristic.. nice bottle, too..

nyoka

THE fume begins with a creamy,milky berry scent.it has a powdery sweet smell that is inhanced with vanilla and rum.I could drink it.Its ever changing on me and follows me thru the whole day.To me,its a good ,go to fume.One u put on and forget.U know ur gonna smell great all day.It has a smoky newaunce that does remind u of tourquoise.cool and warm at the same time.Good for all seasons and ages.Its well blended to not not change much thru the stages.THe rum brings out the warmth.A good late summer,early fall scent.Just a good,beautiful all round scent.Enjoy1

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Pure Turquoise smells different from all the other fragrance being produced now. I tested a small amount while shopping a Kohls. It's not all sweet fruity/floral and I liked the birch and more sophisticated smell. At the end of my shopping I decided to check it out some more and went back to the perfume and sprayed it good this time.
The funny thing was that the people on the other side of the perfume aisle started complaining and saying "what is that" . Then they started making a big deal of coughing and acting like it was bothering them. It seems that it is stronger than you would think. If you can't take perfume then stay out of the perfume aisle ! Pure Turquoise is a nice change but use a light hand.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

The opening of Pure Turquoise is very sweet and leafy which I was not expecting at all.

And then comes a scent reminiscent of chopped vegetables, particularly celery. Is this cactus??? From here on in, I just find PT to be a strange, cool, pared back fragrance which puzzles me. No one note stands out to be noticed yet PT has a strong presence nonetheless.

It is definately unique and I can see it working as a meditative fragrance, where you wish to totally alone and safe to see beyond the everyday.

jasmine51
jasmine51

I would have to agree with one of the posters in that this smells unisex to me. Its a very nice, unique, clean scent. In my opinion it should be labeled an aquatic floral. Definately a summer fragrance for warm humid nights. On me the birch and lilly dominate. But in a nice way.

jazzgirl
jazzgirl

It has been a long time since I wore this perfume. I am a fan of layering and I used to layer this with a vanilla body splash to sweeten it up a bit. I recall really liking it on me and I used to get a lot of compliments. However, I recently found some at Kohls and found it to be a whole lot more woody/earthy than I had remembered. Maybe it was because I always layered it and I smelled it alone this time, but I didn't get any of the sweetness of vanilla on me.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a really interesting fragrance which is arid, strange and unisex without a doubt. I've never been to the American desert but something in this makes me recall holidays in Greek islands where the scent of herbs drifts through the salty air. It has something of the 'headshop' about it, which is a good thing for me as I love incense and resinous smells. Very evocative and makes me feel like going on an adventure!!
I've worn this most days now since I bought it and find it to be a great summer frag especially as it has a warmth to it which is lovely in this English weather(rain!). It's a really intimate and friendly scent which is like an extension of your bath products/skin scent. My husband hasn't commented but then he only notices stuff that's really strong!!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I sampled this over the weekend and after reading some of the reviews I couldn't agree more. This fragrance captures the essence of the west and the notes that provides this olfactory imagery are the cactus flower along with the birch. It reminded me of the smell inside some of the Native American shops. It smelled earthy and flowery. I did not particularly like the smell but I admire RL for taking a risk and making something truly unique.

Yamba1
Yamba1

I first tested this when visiting a seaside suburb of my city. I'm not talking palm trees and resorts here- more like "urban chic-by-sea". Later, as I sniffed my wrist and walked along the pier looking back at the high rises and restaurants, I thought this image captured what this perfume is all about. Yes it's easy to understand the references to water and the ocean. But Pure Turquoise likes to live in both worlds. It will equally speak to you about life in the city- the rum notes represent the restaurants and bars while chypre notes remind you that you are on land. This would be a perfect fragrance to wear for casual or office wear during the day when you want to feel contemporary and cool.

cisco
cisco

I used to have a difficult time finding something that is not floral that smells good on me. The few I have found have been very pricey. Pure Turquoise fills the bill. It is not sexy or romantic. It it a great all around fragrance that would work well in any season. It is reasonable and holds extremely well. The sillage is acceptable. After trying many other non-florals and failing to find what I need, this one goes up a notch from liking to loving. I cannot imagine why they took it out of their line.

This makes a perfect "go to" fragrance. I am making it my signature scent.

Addition: I tried this again yesterday at around 4:00 pm and it still has a faint fragrance today at 9:12 am. To me, this is extremely long lasting. The only other Ralph I own that lasts this long is Safari.The sillage, unlike Safari, is average.

njdeb...love your review! You took me to the desert.

My Ironic Twist: Ironically, I now find it difficult to find a floral that agrees with my chemistry. The table has turned. So many of them are extreme citrus and melon compositions. Neither of these really agree with me as they go sour. Viva Pure Turquoise!!!!

njdeb
njdeb

Pure Turquoise is atmospheric in that it reminds me of the air surrounding a place. As others have mentioned, this scent is so evocative of the clear morning air of the desert southwest. It seems to surround you as if not emanating from a single source, but rather as if it were a part of the air itself. Rarely has a perfume so transported me. I find this perfume nostalgic in that so many of my family have moved to Arizona, and this scent makes me feel more connected to them.

This is a truly unusual, special scent that I hope to always have in my collection.

nyoka

This is smooth,a long cold glass of water on a hot humid day!The notes overlap and blend together so well,its like a single element on its own.Cooling in the summer,warming in the winter Changes to fit ur mood while staying true to its beasutiful heart.would recommend

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Only tested this one briefly. It is soapy on me but not in a bad way. You can still get the florals and the wood - cactus flower and birch, namely. A very crisp and clean scent. Good staying power, too.

exciter76
exciter76

I agree with so many of the previous posts; this scent embodies the cool earthiness that is turquoise. I was most determined to figure out how the “scent” of turquoise was encapsulated. After a few days of wear it became apparent that it is not so much “turquoise” I smelled but the elements we associate with turquoise: the desert (the cactus flower), a smooth, cool surface (lily-of-the-valley and lily), vibrancy of color (pungent Bulgarian rose), weight of the stone (velvety bourbon vanilla and a rich dark rum) and the desert outposts of the American Southwest where turquoise is so often sold (anyone who has ever had the experience of being in one of these shops is familiar with the mix of incense, wood, and a dense earthy aroma, here represented as amber, birch, and patchouli, respectively). There are so few fragrances that have the genuine capability to transport the wearer to another place. Pure Turquoise is unique in its ability to transport its wearer to the American Southwest.

Oh Annie, you genius, you have done it again! It is fragrances such as Pure Turquoise which confirm Ms. Buzantian a legend. This is a signature Buzantian creation—the fragrance teeters between bizarre and beautiful, while causing the wearer to obsessively sniff his/her wrist. The scent is bold but not overpowering, sweet but not saccharine, desertic but not dry or dusty. The sillage is perfect as it does not overwhelm but it does leave a subtle impression. Pure Turquoise is satisfyingly long lasting and the drydown process is a slow, lingering delight, giving its wearer a chance to enjoy its every note and transformation. It is typical Buzantian genius.

I expected Pure Turquoise to be rather aquatic and crisp for some reason, however I'd describe this fragrance as being more of a delicate and fresh bouquet of flowers.

Pure Turquoise is surprisingly pretty and feminine. The lily is the obvious dominant floral in the composition, however unique additives of cactus, birch, rum and cassia, keep this fragrance from becoming too predictable.

This fragrance has a delightful softness which makes it ideal for wear in the warmer months. In a way, Pure Turquoise is a softer and fresher version of Donna Karan's Gold.

It's a pity that Ralph Lauren has decided to discontinue this fragrance. At the moment I'm finding this fragrance being sold rather cheaply, sometimes unboxed. I actually prefer this fragrance over many of Ralph Lauren's other offerings.

I particularly enjoyed the muskiness and the earthiness from the patchouli in the drydown. I can't understand why some people are questioning whether or not Pure Turquoise is a floral chypre. To my nose it certainly is.

The lasting strength is rather good, however the sillage, particularly after a few hours is very weak, intimate in some ways. I may consider purchasing this fragrance just before Summer starts this year, however I still haven't made up my mind.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I think this is an everyday scent sort of plain and fresh smelling I can't smell any particular notes really.I do like the bottle and top very elegant looking but I would have mistaken it for a men's cologne bottle if I wasn't aware that it is a woman's fragrance.But overall no I wouldn't repurchase this one I do love alot of scents from RL but I prefer Notorius and Romance to this they have much more distinctive notes and much more character.

c3c
c3c

Pure Turquoise reminds me of a road trip my family took when I was a kid. Stopping at a small roadside store in the desert in New Mexico. Clean but dirty, rustic and charming. Standing out front of the store the air had a wonderful scent to it like no other place I'd been.

Amazingly if I were to pick a scent that fit turquoise I would agree this is it. Beautiful, smooth, soothing, and unique. They say turquoise changes color with it's wearer as the oils in your skin effect it. Pure Turquoise is no different, and is truly like it's name sake. It is old and wise yet beautiful. It's not a style I would normally reach for yet there's something about it that I can't resist.

The notes are well blended. I don't smell current, vanilla, or any specific notes really. I suppose cactus flower, desert lily and amber, soft, a tiny bit sweet, with a tartness to it, would be the best way to describe it.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I got this one as a gift. The scent was warm, fresh and dry. I can't say much since the scent was citrusy and mildly floral. It also didn't stay on my skin for too long.

jazz444
jazz444

I found Tania Sanchez's review of PT (how it can be worn as a strange masculine) interesting, so I bought it.

Is it possible for a scent to be roaringly quiet? It was all I could smell--in fact every move I made, literally, even just a slight move of my head or arms, sent waves of PT into the air. It was so intense on me, yet no one else commented on it. I truly felt like I was a foghorn while wearing it.

The lily of the valley and lily are the main notes which cling to my skin. And it is very green and occasionally powdery--perhaps that's the cactus flower and violet leaf working well together. Unfortunately, I don't smell any patchouli or vanilla or rum, which is a shame, because these basenotes would be a welcome relief to the floral greenness.

I will wear PT again because it certainly is interesting, but in smaller doses.

kylexora
kylexora

I hate this perfume. i bought a bottle from eBay without sniff it. Why? Because this perfume are not available in my country. Base from review here, i thought it smell wonderful. i expect something aquatic and lovely, but i get a very dry smokey smell. It give me headache. The woodsy notes are too heavy for me, i feel like i was in Chinese medical store. Please...!! it smell suck.. my collague ask me to never ever wear it again. It stinky. i have to sell it back in eBay. Hate it so much...

Sissi
Sissi

I Love the sweet scent of cactus bathing in the southwestern sun
the pure blue skies it's like your going on a journey though the caves
from the lost tribes of the southwest
you discoved different colored mineals on the caves and your watching the Navajo women weaving there famous quilts and you ride your horse though the desert that leads you to no where i just love this frangrance.

moonwalker
moonwalker

Pure Turquoise - probably one of the most fitting perfume name... imagine it´s a very very hot day and you´re in a forest...forest itself is a great remedy for the hot day and then you find a little brook with a fresh water... that´s what I imagine when I sniff this perfume... and I am sure I can´t even appreciate this perfume fully beacause in this time of the year it´s literally freezing outside and this is the perfume for hot summer...

secretcrush
secretcrush

THERES SOMETHING VERY GREEN IN THIS THAT I DONT PARTICULARLY CARE FOR MAYBE ITS THE CACTUS FLOWER...

NatWeb
NatWeb

Light, breezy fragrance, very lemony and oceanic. I don't get strong flowers in this, it's more like a breath of fresh air and lasts about as long. However it is quite overpowering in the first couple of minutes, almost to the point of headache. I bought this after it got quite high reviews in a fragrance guide and it was on sale exceptionally cheap - just AUD$20 for 75ml. It is nice and I don't regret it, but I think I'll struggle to get through the whole bottle. I like sharper, spicier, more powdery scents so this is a little out of my comfort zone and it shows.

guest_Brindy
guest_Brindy

Due to the reviews I had to run out and try this today. I can't really fault it however its not for me. This scent is a bit too unisex for me.

Its lovely and fresh and a great scent for every day. It would be fantastic for someone who doesn't like heavy perfumes or likes to wear light perfumes. Its a very easy to wear perfume and would suit just about anyone.

Ralph Lauren's PURE TURQUOISE is a subtly alluring, unique, long-lasting unisex chypre. I obviously love this fragrance, judging by the less than .5oz remaining in my 2.5oz edp. (In fact, I'm shopping for a 4.2oz replacement...)

Who knew that cactus and birch could find a place in perfume? Well they do here, and I love this combination: everything is perfectly measured so that nothing really stands out. Vanilla and rum might have been disastrous for me (I actually suffer a gag reflex at the very thought of rum and coke!) Instead, PURE TURQUOISE somehow combines a variety of unlikely elements--including the sometimes domineering patchouli and intense neroli--into a symphonic poem, evoking a beautiful, endless desert of shimmering white sand in which tumbleweeds blow by as the warm wind caresses the wearer's soul.

PURE TURQUOISE is a dry, nonflowery chypre which should appeal to anyone who likes Boucheron's JAIPUR SAPHIR (another great unisex fragrance, à mon avis)...

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Hands down the best offering by the House of Ralph Lauren. A crisp, rich chypre-floral, lightly tinged by berries with strong earthy undertones. It possesses great sillage and lasting power, and it could easily become overpowering if applied with a heavy hand. A natural beauty that's undeniably chic and sophisticated, and probably one of the most underrated fragrances in the market.

guest_DivaMS
guest_DivaMS

I bought this perfume in the dark, with only the opinions described here...and I am in love with him !!!! Thanks!

vioversilver
vioversilver

Very attractive, fresh floral scent , clean without being soapy , earthy in a very feminine way . I easily can see this as being a perfect beach scent or to even bring to mind the same carefree vibe , for myself this would go perfectly with a simple white ribbed tank top , faded blue jeans , and sandals , topped off with that turqouise necklace , but this is so inoffensive , I'd wear it anywhere , anytime of the year.

LAMANDA255
LAMANDA255

If turquoise had a smell it would be Pure Turquoise...it the most complex fragrance i have ever owned! At first i was on the fence bout it but then after a second use it smells like walking on a deserted island by the beach...just different! Try it!

siskakak
siskakak

the scent are really strong at the begining...are very long lasting perfume..I never smell cactus cereus flower,the smell more soapy detergent but when top notes disseapear make it the scent more classy and beautiful thanks to designer RLPT...

guest_cat lover
guest_cat lover

I love almost any fragrance but this is not pure turquoise... it's pure cat piss in a bottle. On the other hand smelled very lovely on my friend. Very interesting.

Shalimar
Shalimar

You're in the middle of the desert. Your gown of the sheerest, gossamer silk fabric is flowing around you in the breeze. The morning air is brisk and cool. You look down and see a pool of crystal clear water lined with beautiful deep blue turquoise stones. You slide one bare foot tentatively into the pool and stir the water with your toes. Up drifts the most beautiful, clear fragrance you have ever known.

You have just experienced Pure Turquoise. The fragrance is slightly sweet but mostly sensual, a little earthy but completely pure and beautiful. The dry down lets the rum and bourbon come through but the heart of the fragrance stays true and the lasting power is phenomenal. This is my new favorite perfume.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

One of the few fragrances that actually smells like its name--if turquoise had a scent, this might be it. Classic and clean without smelling soapy or marine, this is fresh and feminine. Go easy on the application, however, as this is not a light fragrance and can easily become overpowering. Just the lotion might be enough on hot days. Wear it in the summer with a crisp white linen shirt, a sleek ponytail, and of course, turquoise jewelry.

barbiot35
barbiot35

There's a huge difference between TRYİNG and USİNG this perfume!...I've changed my mind after trying once(and I deleted my first review in that I was talking about its aristocracy bla bla...)
Trial could be interesting but was terrible for me! I couldn't wait it to fade and I toke shower in 30 minutes...Iuww!!!
My advice is: if you like it by testing, find a tester and USE min. two days before buying it!...

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

This is one of the few fragrances that reminds me of being by a body of water without smelling aquatic. It's just green enough to make me think of an open field full of reeds, wild flowers, and a little pond. Maybe some Indians hunting buffalo nearby! :)

Very well-balanced fragrance between the florals and greens and the rum in the dry-down was a delightful ending. Excellent staying power - put it on around 4 this afternoon and I'm STILL sniffing my arm!

This is the only RL scent I've found that I really enjoy. If you haven't found one either, give this one a try...

darlingbuds
darlingbuds

Chypre-floral? Nope. Not in my nose it ain't. Got this as a sample in a swap.
It's definitely, as another reviewer described 'unusual' and not overtly feminine. It warms up cozily on the skin and is never loud, but very clearly present. You will smell it on yourself all day long -- but closely. You won't project a wave of scent, but for that split second after you're gone, there will be the slight residue of slightly sweet warm bread. And I do mean slight; the vanilla though always present,even upfront, is never an urgent note.

I wondered for a little while why RL called this fragrance 'Pure Turquoise' since it's not a strictly 'fresh' or marine-like scent at all. Then it struck me: it smells like someone who likes to wear turquoise. At least in my own life, I find there is a certain type of woman who does. Not your average Jane, this turquoise. Nice!

mirror
mirror

The best way to describe this fragrance is "turquoise"! I have rarely seen a fragrance that fits its promotion as well as this one: the packaging, the ad, the name!
fresh, crisp, blue and bright greens.
Not sweet, not girly yet not masculine nor soapy ...perfect!

F_A
F_A

This fragrance reminds me of a beautiful summer afternoon at the lake shore. The sun is getting red, the reflects of trees and sun beams are playing on the water. The weather is warm, there's a light summer breeze...

Pure Turquoise has this smell of a lake water and all the greenery that grows around it. I can clearly smell water with herbs in it. Pure Turquoise is light, airy and fresh green scent.

essija
essija

I just purchased this and I think it is amazing. I think I will be wearing this a lot this fall and winter. It's crip and very expensive smelling. It has a lot of flower power oh I just can't stop smelling my wrist... Love this... always am pleased with Ralph...

tangledvines
tangledvines

I smelled this today at the store and wasn't that thrilled with the scent. It's not bad, it's just fairly ordinary.

persefonex
persefonex

I love the vanilla in perfume and when i read about this, i wished try it. I bought it and i think is delicious. Its floral notes are amazing. Is inusual and very feminine. Is for a woman like a fairy :)

dolita
dolita

that one is very fresh and nice

jmp
jmp

I have just purchased a HUGE bottle of this perfume, and today it is making me ill. I wish I could return it. :( It is making me want to shower and change clothes.

kiselina
kiselina

It's amazing, I love it. Very interesting and unusual fragrance, crisp and cool.

guest_May
guest_May

I fell in love with this fragrance when I first tested it. Immediately I bought it without hesitation and regret.Into my second bottle now. It last all day smelling fresh and good!!!

2007
Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I love Pure Turquoise... it is one of his best fragrances. It is a very interesting blend that I wear day and evening. It is crisp and soothing at the same time. I have to be in a Mood to wear this, it has a personality with it that I find in few fragrances... in my mind one of RL's most original fragrances.

2007

Pure Turquoise by Ralph Lauren 3.85 out of 5 based on 318 ratings and 90 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pure Turquoise by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pure Turquoise by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.