Designers » R S » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Ralph Hot Ralph Lauren for women

Ralph Hot Ralph Lauren for women
dislike

I have it: 467 I had it: 366 I want it: 369 My signature: 12

Ralph Hot Ralph Lauren for women Pictures Ralph Hot Ralph Lauren for women Pictures

Ralph Hot by Ralph Lauren is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Ralph Hot was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Negrin. The fragrance features spices, lime, amber, fig leaf, mandarin orange, musk, orchid, almond blossom, vanilla, jasmine, lemon, sandalwood and geranium.

Spices Lime Amber Fig Leaf Mandarin Orange Musk Orchid Almond Blossom Vanilla Jasmine Lemon Sandalwood Geranium

Brown Sugar & Fig
Dangerous
For Ever

Ralph Hot Fragrance Reviews

sammyjo
sammyjo

I received a bottle of HOT in a blind swap some time ago and immediately loved it. If you enjoy vanilla scents but find many a bit boring, try this if you can find it. The fig and spice (clove and nutmeg to my nose) set it apart, I also detect coconut though it's not listed. Cozy and warm, this is best suited for fall and winter. I think it would smell pretty HOT on a guy too :)

seachase
seachase

Had this fragrance for ladies been marketed as a man's cologne, or even uni-sex, I think it would have been a huge seller.
As other reviewers have noted, it is more of a masculine scent, but, not your typical masculine scent.
It is a very unique fragrance, and it puts the X in seXy.
My wife says that it's too manly for her, but she loves when I wear it, and I get random compliments every single time that I do ...even from my mature co-workers.
I really enjoy this cologne, and I'm glad I have a nice stock of it since it has been discontinued.
If the Ralph Lauren Co. has any smarts, they would re-name this, put it in a different bottle and sell it as a male scent .....and then reap the rewards.

Scent - 9
Longevity - 8
Sillage - 8

Ashlynnalicious
Ashlynnalicious

Definetely one of my all time favorites! I used to wear this all the time and people would always compliment it and say the scent reminded them of me- loved it! stil love it to this day. Its like nothing ive ever smelt! Its smooth and sweet, but not surgary sweet, it has a sophistication and a sexyness too. Love love love it. Give a sniff!

klmckendry
klmckendry

Well I had high hopes of this. I have & love the original Ralph & expected this to resemble it in some way.

I do feel blessed though because I got samples not knowing this one is discontinued. Don't enjoy tracking down discontinued fragrances or paying the high price tag, which this one surely has.

To me it smells masculine. On first spray I thought lovely. Soon after it turns into a flat manly smell. Wore it to the movies with my boyfriend & his family & all I could think was I hope they can't smell me!

Worst of all for me, it smelt very strong. Fine when it's a pretty smell. But when it's not, it's a very awkward time!

Not the worst I've ever smelt. But I would give it 3/10. Sorry to the lovers. Maybe it's my skin :(

Alley - D
Alley - D

HOT - you had me at smell........

Gee I just love this. On my skin I smell a lovely warmth of caramel and vanilla. Whenever I wear this, I smell it every time I move. It's just intoxicating!!

It must be my makeup but whenever I wear this, I feel really calm and comforted. It was a sad day when it became discontinued. I've recently tracked down a bottle. I'm not sure how old it is - but it's a little dull and smells like its gone off a tad - but I can still get away with it.

HOT I kiss the ground you walk on :o)

ameliunim
ameliunim

It's a hot, intriguing nightmare. Smells like fake tan with vanilla and cacao. Notes are really beautiful - only as written on paper, but on the other hand I'm glad I could try it but I'm not surprised it's discontinued :D

lilacteeth
lilacteeth

This was and always will be an addictive scent to me. I absolutely adore this fragrance. This perfume holds so many memories for me. I remember being a teen - still unsure of myself but blossoming into a woman, as women do. I knew that worldly, confident women wore perfumes but I was not quite ready or sure of myself to buy a perfume. My sister, who had a boyfriend before me and seemed to be developing at a more rapid pace despite being younger, had perfumes though. I secretly co-opted her perfume, this fragrance with the silly name "Hot," which was collecting dust in her cabinet. I took it to college with me - my first year living away from home. I fell in love with my first boyfriend and this scent was there with me along the way. I used to douse myself in this! I found myself and this perfume was there beside me, a lovely reminder of the confident woman I was becoming. I have a practically empty bottle of it in my dresser cabinet with a few precious drops left which I go back to smell from time to time. It is a spicy, almond blossom, vanillic dream with a perfect touch of mandarin and some maple sweetness...bordering on gourmand. Any time I smell this, warm feelings blossom instantly. It is engrained in my memory and will never leave me. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous scent...so rich, inviting and unbelievably sexy. I wonder if I will ever find a fragrance that tops this in terms of sheer sexiness. Even though I think the bottle is SO UGLY (I would have never gravitated toward the bottle but I'm glad my sister did), I would pay top price if I found this gem again. I am so sad to see it is being discontinued. Please come back, please ! (and with a nicer bottle!)

deda147
deda147

This fragrance is pure love for me. My sister apparently bought this one in 2007, but left it at our house at 2009, and I discovered it in 2013 haha. It's quite old and hasn't been stored properly, but it hasn't lost it strength or any notes at all (yay for me!).
On to the scent itself. I seem to agree with the notes list on the basenotes entry a bit more than the one here though. It opens quite fresh and smooth with a light spicy undertone. The mandarin, almond blossom and cinnamon blend really well, and slowy transition into the middle notes. From here on it gets a bit harder for me to pick apart the different notes. It becomes really creamy, so the mocha cream and milk note are quite noticeable, but it also has this fresh aroma, which keeps it from becoming too cloying. I guess those are the fig notes that I pick up. The middle notes don't last really long though. The basenotes of sandalwood, vanilla and maple amp up the creaminess, whilst retaining a light floral and fresh undertone.
Longevity is average and so is sillage. I also think it is more of an unisex creation: it is the more lighthearted sister of Black Orchid, as someone else previously mentioned here. I would recommend this one to everyone, but it's quite a shame it has been discontinued.

Edit: Since it's discontinued, another scent that's almost a clone, albeit a simpler one, is Diesel Loverdose Tattoo. The opening is a bit juicier and sweeter, but still fresh, but the drydown is almost identical.

rennaissance
rennaissance

unfortunately i cant smell this at all on me!!.....
anyone intrested in a 100 ml bottle of this stuff (minus 10 mls) message me.....its up for grabs.

Mdox407
Mdox407

So...im EXTREMELY passionate when it comes to this fragrance. I have over 100 fragrances in my collection ranging from celebrity scents, to moderately priced fragranced, even up to expensive designer fragrances that cost upward of $100.

THISSSS....Ralph Lauren Hot, is literally with no exaggeration...my ABSOLUTE #1 favorite fragrance of all time.

The first time I smelled it was years ago (probably 2008 or so) on a female friend of mine. I took her out on a friend date for her birthday and Ralph Lauren Hot, she had JUST gotten that day as one of her bday gifts. First of all, let me tell you...I could NOT stop smelling her neck. And second of all...it lasted ALL night. Was still going strong 4 hours later after we went to dinner and saw a movie. Everytime she moved I could smell it.

As for the fragrance itself...It deff has the vanilla factor, but in my opinion, the spice/oriental/cinnamon factor in this is MUCH more dominant and prominent when wearing this on your skin.
Its SOOO incredibly warm, but the odd thing is...its actually perfect for winter OR summer use.

I cant even put it into words. I'm still in disbelief that a fragrance as amazing as this has been discontinued and I continue to buy bottle after bottle wherever and whenever I find one. This fragrance is AMAZING!!

So comforting, sexy, amazing, and with the oriental/spice factor kept into mind, I personally think this smells amazing on either gender.

BUY THIS IF YOU SEE IT SOMEWHERE!! DONT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY!! ITS INCREDIBLE!!

almarie
almarie

Another one of my all time favorites from the house of Ralph Lauren. I still have a 3.4 oz bottle of this in my collection plus I was able to snag another 3.4 oz bottle for a decent price on eBay,too. This is so unique because it's sweet and spicy and not over the top.

fergotnfire
fergotnfire

This has been my signature frag for YEARS, I am down to my last bottle and I would kill for the opportunity to buy another. My boyfriend LOVES this scent too. I have never found an occasion to turn this down as an option, but I have found myself wearing it less and less often because of it's limited nature.

zucchera
zucchera

I have the same problem with Ralph Lauren perfumes as I have with Calvin Klein, they are usually to light for me. And so is this one, even if I use booth the perfume and body lotion.

The smell is ok, a little youthful for me, sweet vanilla with a hint of spice. I cant say I find the coconut so overwhelming it is there but in the background.

edviga.rama
edviga.rama

Perfect summer nights perfume.I feel so sexy when I put this baby on,it's a shame they discontinued such a great fragrance,I'm holding on to my last bottle,hoping they will bring it back

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

Ralph Hot is a yummy, gourmand, cosy and comforting scent without being sickeningly sweet. Vanilla, fig and coconut notes stand out predominantly. At times it smells like Crystal Noir on steroids to me, but overall Ralph Hot is a very unique perfume. This is an absolute winner in the "gourmand" category. It's a shame it has been discontinued. There's nothing like Ralph Hot out there.

foxy_princess

This doesn't smell creamy. It's green and spicy and to be honest I got bored of it pretty quickly :/ way too leafy for me!

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

The main accord in this kind of surprised me. All though theirs obviously vanilla notes upon first inhale, what I get from her is a warm bouquet of decadent spices. Cinnamon, clove,like a Moroccon bazaar. This is so different from the other RL's. I cant even fathom why its being discontinued.
Warm and spicy yet somehow amazingly fresh at the same time? This is the perfect scent for breezy fall nights. If you can afford the splurge, get it while you can girls.

catsngunsnyarn
catsngunsnyarn

I bought this years ago at Kohl's after it was recommended to me because I like warm sweet vanillas/coconuts. I think the bottle I got had already turned. All I got were bitter green powdery florals. I was bummed.

fobia
fobia

I found the last two bottles of this at Kohl's a few weeks back. I snatched them up immediately since I knew it was discontinued and have always been curious about the fragrance.
Although it is a nice fragrance and I enjoyed it, I don't think I will keep both of the bottles especially since there are those that are more crazy about it than me.
So I have put up my very first ever ebay listing. It's a 1.7 oz bottle, brand new with the plastic and tags/everything still on it. Message me on here for the link if interested, the listing closes on the 15th I believe.

olivia.r.beck
olivia.r.beck

I miss this fragrance so much!

sana_me
sana_me

like like!

Kysyona
Kysyona

This is better than Raph, but still too synthetic. I wore it in summer to salsa parties and walks on the beach, and it served me well for those occasions. But sophistication is not part of its recipe, and therefore, being 31 and feeling more womanly than ever, I have evolved past this kind of frags and would probably purchase it for a teenage daughter if I had one.

purpleladyfa
purpleladyfa

I was interested to buy this frag because of the bottle :p

I accidentally saw it in the mall, and decided to buy it without sniffed it first Just because Purple and turquoise are my fav colors! LOL

And i've never regretted buying it..
It's vanilla and it suits my body chemistry..
My family and friends always said that i smell lovely..

Too bad it will be discontinued, so i have to wear it rarely.. :(

b@by
b@by

Dead ringer for Diezel Zero Plus.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

Oh how I wish I would have stocked up on this when I could get it for a decent price. I've seen bottles for up to $200 on my search to get more of this stuff. Ralph Hot is a truly versatile fragrance. I can wear this in hot or cold weather, dressed up or down, at home, school or out on date night. It reminds me of maple syrup a little bit and when I wear it I can't stop sniffing my arm. I will be hoarding the little bit I have left.

inchukalns
inchukalns

I absolutely love this perfume. or should I say loved? it is such a shame it is not available any more.
several years ago a lady in a shop recommended it to me when i said i love vanilla flavoured fragrances and.. I lost my head and got carried away. it was adoration at first sight. sweet, but not plastic, it is fresh at the same time, you can't stop smelling your wrist and the men can't stop smelling you.. sexy, exotic, flowery, fresh.. it is amazing how all these patterns are combined together without being synthetic. and it lasts ages. I sprayed it on my dress once for my birthday and when I wore it again a couple of month later I could still smell the perfume.. and when I spent a night at my boyfriend's he said the smell of a pillow gave him the sweetest memories of me )) ahh.. so sad it is no longer produced..
I found a bottle in a shop as a clearance product and I was over the moon! this bottle is still half full and is used only in very special occasions ))

Di_berry
Di_berry

Another blind buy!I bought it on line,the small flacon, I´m making and habit in blind buying fragances!!! And this surprise factor is great... Thank you fragrantica community for helping in my choices! This one makes me feel ok, very coconutty, warm fragance, but not thick, I mean it´s sweet but not too much, and warm without being intoxicating. Goes well in spring, and summer.

Marilulu
Marilulu

Yo también siento olor a coco y vainilla, pero es más fresco que dulce. Mi favorito :)

MamiYankee
MamiYankee

only idiots would discontinue such a nice smell :'(

ldenico
ldenico

I Miss this stuff SOOOO much! Smells so sexy and summery!! I wish they hadn't discontinued it!!!

jadebella11
jadebella11

I love this perfume! I wish it wasnt discontinued, cant find this perfume anywhere! Wish I would have bought it when i saw it at ross :(

lbean
lbean

Very gourmand, woody coconut scent. I think the name suits the fragrance perfectly. It's a sexy warm scent. The most grown up of the Ralph line.

It is a wintertime perfume in my opinion, and too strong and headache inducing for the hot all-year-round-summer weather I live in.

foxy_princess

UPDATE*! I really like this! Yummy and vanillary cosy juice! It's quite rare to find a spicy summer perfume, I find that the fig leaf really shows itself on me which gives it a sort of 'green and fresh' smell as well as being spicy. Usually spicy scents would suffocate in hot weather! 8/10

Does last a while :) You'll only need about 3 or 4 sprays

foxy_princess

Grabbed myself a bottle online before this baby completely disappeared forever! I'll only probably have one bottle but at least I can say I owned a rare perfume. I will update this review later once I've worn it :)

sofababe
sofababe

Firstly...@hilldancer8, Cheapsmells has both available at a good price.

Secondly...my review.

I find this a strange one. It's called Hot but the hotter the weather is the less I get of Hot. I applied after my shower last night, smelled lovely all evening and I was delighted to find I still smelled lovely this morning. After my shower this morning I reapplied, went off to work in the 28c/82f, 60% humidity and...nothing. Not a whiff of Hot all day. If I sniffed my shirt hard I could just about smell it but I have to conclude that is better when its Cool.
The scent is really lovely though. Sweet, creamy and sexy.

molliedollie
molliedollie

Okay, is it bad that I really love this?

Because I do.

It's extremely sweet, extremely creamy, and extremely loud. I wish I could be more eloquent, but frankly I enjoy wearing Hot... and that's all I know. I'm not under any delusions that this is a balanced or artistic scent. People mention coconut when they talk about this; what I get is coffee, orchids, and maple syrup.

More New Orleans than an island paradise.

Baby Dior
Baby Dior

Esto es muy diferente a la cool lo cual es logico jajajajaja me encanta su calidez en xierta parte del perfume encuentro cierto parecido con unos de mis favoritos Fleur de Corail fue en o primero en que pense la primera vez que la use es buena no me dura mucho en mi piel.

This is very different from that which is cool I love his logic jajajajaja warmth of the fragrance xierta find a certain resemblance to one of my favorite Fleur de Corail was on or first I thought the first time I use a good hard much on my skin.

baileyg09
baileyg09

i smell alot of vanilla!! it fades fast but i like to call it my "grown and sexy" perfume. its very sophisticated, its a nice change to get away from the sweet, super girlie scents! its a true bummer this was discontinued!

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Yes, this does in the opening stages smell like BBW Brown Sugar and Fig. On my skin Hot, opens up with really nice spices, fig and vanilla. As it lingers on the skin for about 5 minutes the cocoa note comes to the forefront and mixes with the spices. It starts beautifully for the first 10 minutes, a nice oriental gourmand. Though, the lasting power of the middle and top notes of this EDT is VERY FLEETING. It has hardly any sillage after 15 minutes. The only note that lasts is the spice after 15 minutes and it has no sillage. Overall, a nice perfume, but, for the fleeting time it lasts on the skin I wouldn't repurchase it.

kgloverii
kgloverii

i received a bottle of this when it was first released, and I was so excited. I anticipated a cutting edge scent that would have an air of classic Ralph Lauren woven in. I wore it time and time again, trying to wrap my nose around it. Even in my youth, when this fragrance was released, I just didn't "get" this scent. It smells hot, but on me, it was a hot mess of oddly disjointed notes. Lime and sandalwood and coconut and geranium. It was syrupy, and smelled artificial and nauseating. RL has a lot of amazing scents, this just wasn't the one for me.

Maslina
Maslina

I bought this online from a seller from Australia and found it was FAKE! Still if the smell is similar to the original, I'll love it! The woody and floral combines perfectly to give a fresh scent. I cant describe the word HOT in this frag, it is just fresh scent

hilldancer8
hilldancer8

Has anyone found something similar to this since they discontinued it?? Or know where I can buy this & Ralph Lauren-Rocks?? (REAL ONES!:)
Thankssss!

tangerine-tane
tangerine-tane

I don't like this fragrance, it's too strong for me. Makes me feel sick when I put it on.

ivanda
ivanda

FNTASTIC perfume. So oriental, so beautiful. A lot of sandal, sweetness and uniqueness. Wearing this you will feel dark, sexy, special... It is mistique, seductive... Althouht the bottle isnt very gorgeaous, but the perfume inside definately is!

Booogie
Booogie

I wish I could drink this gorgeous, gorgeous concoction. It was love at first sniff! Despite being warm, thick and sweet, it's perfect not only during winter but summer too! I wonder how that works... It's undeniably sexy and edible. It's nearly identical to B&BW Brown Sugar and Fig but richer, creamier and all-around sexier. I never want to be without this stuff.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

It certainly does smell hot or warm, like warm sand or warm skin or even warm drinks. I can't quite describe what makes it this way, but you can smell the heat that's for sure. Beautifully and cleveryl crafted, if this were packaged and marketed differently or even produced by a different house, this could have been a classic... but sadly not to be.
Although part of the RALPH series, which seems to be aimed at teens and twenties, this particular addition stands out as being far more interesting and sophisticated and could easily be worn by women of all ages. In fact I would even go so far as to say it may be a little too old feeling for those under 20-25 and perhaps this is why it has become discounted and potentially discontinued. Definitely worth hunting down if you like a sophisticated and mature gourmand.

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

I was so happy to get it (blindly ordered) and sooooo disppointed after spritzing it :((
I expecxted a savoury fig scent and all I could get were musks, musks, and again musks with some hint of coconut. And the bottle is definitely new and original..

I'm still looking for a fig that might beat TM's Womanity, up to now this is the best, though a bit too bold. Todate I've already tried: Calypso Figue, Micallef Sous le figuier, L#Artisan premier Figuier,Nez a Nez Figues et garcons and I have Aqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi, which I share with my boyfriend.

Any other suggestions?
Or a nice swap offer? (Doesn't have to be fig, if it's something from my want list or just surprise me-except jasmin and strong musks)

BANGOTIGO
BANGOTIGO

BOTTLE LOOKS SO HOT NOW I ONLY HAVE TO FIND THIS ONE NOT AVAILABLE IN MY PLACE REVIEWS WERE PROMISING

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Ralph Hot is definitely long lasting. I think most gourmand notes act as bases for perfumes to give them that warmth and staying power.
On humid summer days,Ralph Hot explodes in the heat and can cause migraines. It can even even smell like bug spray. In cooler temperatures, Ralph Hot is thick, sensual and delicious. I was surprised when I learned that it was released in the summer. I am on my 2nd bottle of Ralph. Went crazy over it 5 years ago, outgrew it, didn't use it for a year, gave it away. Now I decided to try it on again when I visited the perfume counter. I fell in love again and now it's back in my fragrance collection. I really really love gourmand fragrances!

carpedentum
carpedentum

I bought this while on holiday after smelling it in store and thinking it was perfect for summer. I was sixteen at the time and at nearly 22, I still love it. It's not for everyone as it's very sweet, gourmand, probably best suited to teens/younger women or women young at heart.

I was really surprised coconut is not a listed note in this perfume as this is the first thing I thought upon sampling this perfume. I also think the name Hot's very fitting, it feels very warm and would be perfect worn after a day at the beach on a cooler evening.

...This is my first review. I hope it meets up to the standards for this site :)

cerebellum
cerebellum

I tend to like sweet smells, so this one appealed to me. I still have half a bottle, but I don't really wear it too much these days, the smell is getting a little boring to me. But maybe two or three years ago, I would say this was one of my go-to signature scents. I get a figgy top note, with a sweet, vanilla-ish dry down. Now that I am in my mid-twenties, I feel it is getting a little teeny-bopperish for me. But a good scent for young women who like a sweet scent.

Edit: right after writing this review, I went to my stash and sprayed it on...guess what, I still have the love for hot, even if I am a little bit tired of it

Penny_Lane
Penny_Lane

In my opinion this perfume is way too strong. A friend of my had it and it gave her headaches. When it dries out what you only get is an "artificial coconut scent" which is curious since there's no coconut in its formula.

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

This was my summer love. It smells like figs and brown sugar with a hint of vanilla. The combination suited me and my skin well. I would definitely buy it again.

jade11
jade11

very gourmand, does smell very syrupy and vanillary (if their words).
although i was hoping for something a tad different. i paid 130 australian dollars for my 100ml bottle and i hardly use it. my boyfriend doesnt like it at all much either.

stereomari
stereomari

I don't know if I like it yet. It's indeed very sexy and HOT. It smells very foody on my skin. I can smell a lot of spices and fig. Maybe that's why I haven't made up my mind. I don't know if smelling like fig suits my personality. Please, don't get me wrong. The scent is very well made, well blended and it's very hot indeed, like it's supposed to be. I just don't know if it suits me. It's a mix of spices and sweetness. Maybe a nice and modern oriental vanilla alternative for those who think that Dior's Hypnotic Poison is too much for them, but looove orientals (which is just not my case).

SheShe
SheShe

It's a great coffee scent, a gourmand one. I can sniff something like coffee with maple syrup, lots of maple syrup. And the coffee is something like Kopiko or 3 in 1. Very sweet but, not being a fan of hardcore sweetness, I wear it easily, I don't know why :) And a very long lasting one. Great for cold days but I wore it during spring and summer and it also worked well. A happy and well done scent. I'm an owner of a 100 ml bottle.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have a vegan imitation of this,and gosh do I adore it!

This perfume has such beautiful layers. It smells very
unique,warm,creamy,and different temperatures of the body and the air around me bring out different notes.

At times,I really smell the creamy,warm vanilla. Then sometimes,a lovely breeze scent wafts around me,and I feel this is from the buttery figs,tangy/sweet oranges,limes,and lemons in this delightful treat!

There are soft,exotic spice tinges too,blending with the creamy, sweet vanilla and this beautiful baby will warm and shine from winter or summer skin.

When I put my roller perfume oil on of this,I have left the room,then come back to breezes sweet of soft citrus filling up my happy bedroom! :0)

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

Finally got it today! Allready in love with it! Wearing it right now and I like the way it makes me chase the smell when it hits my nose. Not heavy,warm and cozy!

Haylzsels
Haylzsels

Like everyone is saying, this is a VERY sexy 'hot' scent. Great for 'hot' (pun intended) summery nights. I really love how it smells the same on my skin as it smells from the bottle!

tenshilove
tenshilove

love it, so sweet, warm , delicious, so sexy the coconut scent PERFECT and it last forever.....

HuggytheHusky
HuggytheHusky

Sweet & Sexy, I love vanilla! I love purple bottle.

This almost perfect for me, but there is one problem, It doesn't last at all :(

isi
isi

Es hot y con mucha personalidad… fragancia cálida, envolvente y dulce como golosina. Es realmente fuerte y deja su estela cuando caminas, así que hay que usar con cuidado para no empalagar. Es tan llamativa como su envase.

It is hot and full of personality ... fragrance warm, enveloping and sweet as candy. It is really hard and leaves in its wake when you walk, so you must use care not to cloy. It is as striking as its packaging.

This smells sweet, warm and edible. It's like a boozy dark rum cake, drenched in melted icing. The scent is interesting, but I doubt I'd ever want to smell that similar to an actual dessert.

pickledprose
pickledprose

Smells like an exact replica of bath and body works brown sugar and fig.

Ana Pavao
Ana Pavao

A great gourmand Ralph Hot is. Strong coconut, almond, vanilla, amber and musk notes, all my faves in just one bottle! Fresh fig leaves, lime and mandarin compose a harmonic exotic combination. Two bottles already!

Cmanier
Cmanier

One of my all time favorites. can be worn all year.. receive many compliments during hot summer months when worn out.. i love the semll there is nothing like it and i can't desribe it at all. Just unique, rich and smooth...

MsRachael
MsRachael

Tropical holiday in a bottle, without the sickeningly sweet tahitian punch vibe. Wears beautifully, drying down to a delicious, subtle vanilla-coconut. A nice first date fragrance, in my opinion, as it is sexy but also oddly innocent. The warm summer goodnight kiss, as opposed to the lace teddy and stilettos.

Demure
Demure

Absolutely love this scent! It's so nice a cozy and creamy and sweet! I would defiantly say it's HOT and inviting! I always get compliments when I wear it! I would love to try all of the Ralph Lauren perfumes!

lizaan
lizaan

I won this during a vacation a few years ago and I don't complain at all. Although I haven't really been giving this frag enough attention all these years! It's actually a really nice summery fragrance I think. Maybe not for the sweatiest hours of the day, haha but perfect for those hot summer nights when you go out for dinner with your new tan after a whole day at the beach.

mlxo7
mlxo7

I think this is a great one for younger women, as its not really a sophisticated scent, but its lovely for just lounging about on a hot summers day as it brings to mind coconut (even though there's none in it - hard to believe!), sun tan lotion and holidays. I really enjoy it, it also leans towards being a bit sexy as well.

If anyone is interested, the body lotion is absolutely gorgeous and well worth getting if you like to layer - the body lotion scent is very true to the fragrance.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

Yeah I got a coconut vibe from this too, great scent! awsome for the summertime!

purplegothicbarbie
purplegothicbarbie

Summertime yumminess! Instant beach babe with a drop or two of this stuff! I can't believe that coconut isn't mentioned in the above notes, b/c it's definetly in there. Buy this if you want to be a Sun-n-Sand Sex Kitten!!!

Java Sparrow
Java Sparrow

I absolutely agree with Vamy69 that this fragrance is "a delicious tropical island in a bottle". And like the others, I can smell mostly coconut and fig. I love this scent, I find it unusual. This is really an edible, foody one for me but at the same time not very sweet. The notes are blended so good together that I have an impression of smelling one single note vibrant with multiple undertones. It is also warm, sexy, relaxing, gourmand,like a beautiful hot and happy day in the tropics.I prefere it in warm seasons than in winter (when it seems to smell diffrent and is for me a little nauseating).

Ecmaddox
Ecmaddox

Warm, delicious, sweet, a bit masculine at times and I absolutely love it. Stayong power is ok but its only an edt after all. Great buy!! I love everything vanilla!

ageletou
ageletou

After reading so many reviews I decided to give it a try. First of all, I have to say that I had to order it on-line (over the internet) because I could not find it in my country (Greece). I can not say that I am thrilled about it. The first notes are very dominant and spicy indeed. After half an hour, it becomes milder. The duration on me, is not so good. It lasts for about 2-3 hours. (To be honest with you, judging from the duration I really wonder if this perfume is an original one or an imitation-knockoff).
Overall, I am a little bit disappointed.

xcherylberylx
xcherylberylx

So I read all those reviews raving this fragrance and I thought it's gonna be good right? well I was definitely disappointed.
This smelt like a bad concoction of chemicals. I didn't enjoy one bit of the top or heart notes but when it got down to the base notes, I began to find it a bit better.

It might be because of my body or it might not but all I know is, I won't be getting this anytime soon.

LookinFineSunshine03
LookinFineSunshine03

I'm picking up a 100ml bottle of this next Sunday cause it's my perfume for April 2011.
I've previously owned it's sister Ralph Wild and I loooovedd the scent that one gave off.
Since this bottle has both coconut and honeysuckle notes in it, I think I'm going to enjoy it.
Keep your noses turned up ;)

fanirachmita
fanirachmita

just saw on the old "teen vouge" that this one was one of the stuff in miss blake lively's bag....

makes me wondering to try it on *lol*

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

This one screams fig leaf! It is very warm and powerful. I used to love this and would get lots of compliments but it can be a little overbearing at times. Just a couple sprays will do! I am on the fence about it now I think I actually prefer Bath and Body Works Brown Sugar and Fig which smells like a lighter version of this.

alexanna7
alexanna7

ralph hot smells like fig! I get on my skin,fig leef,mandarine orange,amber,orchid! Smells like summer nights! But,could be worn in winter because of it sweetness! The fig leef is predominant throught out the time you wear it.that note make that perfume so yummy!love it!

Vamy69
Vamy69

I can't say enough about how much I love this perfume. This smells like a delicious tropical island in a bottle. I just can't get enough of this yummy purple bottle. A word of caution though if you do not like coconut then stay away from it.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I like it but returned it to the store because the husband didn't, also I seened to give me the slightest headache the whole time I was wearing it.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Very yummy fragrance but on me, it stays pretty linear and doesn't change during the drydown. :-/
Aw well, still a sweet vanilla fragrance.

saramariah
saramariah

I will never understand why they discontinued this one????
It is sooooooo good! Warm and spicy and sweet without being too sweet or too much. It´s just perfect! I adore this perfume!

I noticed the ingredients listed here though are a bit different from the ones i´ve seen before, i dont know wich one is correct but here´s the other list;

Mandarin, Almond Blossom, Cinnamon

Mocha Cream, Orchid, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Fresh Milk, Fig Notes

Maple, Vanilla, Amber, Musk , Sandalwood

misswithoutlogic
misswithoutlogic

it's really HOT! And sexy, and indescribably attractive and inviting. Smelling ralph lauren hot it's like swimming in coconut milk or lie down on vanilla cloud.
So warm, long lasting and purfectly fitting on your own ( om mine definitely)skin. And sometimes it's all you have to wear.

lauraa
lauraa

My friend wore this one night and a guy asked if someone was wearing Ralph Lauren Hot because his ex used to wear it and he loved it. The next day I wore it and my boyfriend smelled it and was like oh my god you smell so good and kept smelling me all day. i wear perfume every day (like princess or coach poppy) and this is the first time he has ever been like OH MY GOD you smell so good.

jujy54

To Guest-me: a similar fragrance is Queen by Queen Latifah. Queen is a more classic spicy scent, where as Ralph Hot is youthful and quirky. I have 4 oriental frags and here's how I wear them:
•Carlos Santana for Women when I'm dancing
•Queen with my mink
•Ralph Hot with my Converse All-Stars—and—
•Shalimar to bed!

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

A chameleon of a perfume! I have yet to see a perfume change its scent from summers to winters as this one. I recieved this as a gift this summer, and hated it. Like citronella bug spray mixed in with plasticky vanilla.Very artificial and repulsive. Now that the weather is cold, I find myself reaching out for this beauty, almost every day. Ahh! The sweetness and the warmth! Its very cozy and delicious.A Very nice gourmand. Dont let the juvenile packaging fool you. Its actually a very complex scent. Perfect for colder months.

jadelove

This is my absolute favourite of the Ralph line. It's sweet, but not in a really over-the-top way, and for some reason it smells like coconut, although I can see from the notes that it doesn't have coconut in it. This is one of the few fragrances I own where someone commented on how nice it was. The staying power on me is phenomenal. It lasts to the next day, and I can still smell it on my clothes for days afterwards.

jadelove

This is my favourite of the Ralph's, sweet and sexy, but not sickly. It has amazing lasting power, I can still smell it the next day. It smells like vanilla and coconut, but as most people have said, there doesn't seem to be any coconut amongst the notes. It's one of the few fragrances I have that someone has commented on how nice I smell. Am annoyed it's discontinued.

t_russell335
t_russell335

Nice warm, spicy creamy scent. I believe there's maple, mocha and fig in this one. More balanced and mature than the sugary BS Fantasy I find.

guest_me

@glad_sandwich, Thanks I will go smell that one :-) I also read somewhere that it´s a more carefree version of Black Orchid by Tom Ford..?

glad_sandwich
glad_sandwich

this one smell like vera wang princess. i have both and they have something similar specially the opening notes only that vera wang princess is much lighter and without the dark chocolate spice and coconut base notes.

guest_me

Im trying to find a perfume that is as close to this one as possible in fragrance since they discontinued it and I´d be really greatful for suggestions..?

guest_Sara
guest_Sara

I totally adore this perfume!! I could smell it all day and all night and never get tired of it! Such a shame they cancelled it :(((

la_beba
la_beba

this perfume smell like sweet coconut with some spices...definitely coconut dominate from beginning to the end..maybe a bit of vanilla & maple syrup..thats it..i like it!

guest_beach girl
guest_beach girl

I don't know why but I smell a lot of coconut in this one. Perhaps it is the fig and vanilla that smell like it.
Whatever it is, it smells wonderful to me. It's quite exotic. It has lime,orchid and almond blossoms in it.
Also listed is geranium. I don't think I know what geranium smells like and I have never seen it in a perfume before. The combination of all these notes creates a stunning beachy tropical, my favorite.
I would use this in the winter and the summer. In my opinion, any person of any age can wear floral fruity gourmand perfumes. Why can't someone older love this scent? Why would it not be fitting? And why would not a young person love a classic scent? I think it is just crazy to put people in boxes and tell them that this is what they should like or wear.

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

I get coconut, maple syrup and a light floral scent. I love this! Don't get me wrong, but I will not be repurchasing. The scent is entirely too light and I damn near have to douse myself in it to get any type of sillage. It's a shame, because I really, really adore this sweet, coconutty gem!

Vanilla violin
Vanilla violin

It starts like a gourmand scent, but quickly leaves me with the impression it is not dense enough to fit the category.
I could feel the coconut and the maple syrup when it took a sharp turn and started smelling like party balloons.

StephD
StephD

I recently got rid of this one. I had it for a while and used it alot last year. It's a very spicy scent, with notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, maple and fig. I used to spray it in my hair and it would settle down into a nice scent, however this winter I tried using it again, and my dad would always tell me that it drove him sick, and now I see his point of view. It's very rich and I can't say that it develops into something beautiful on the skin. I ends up smelling like muddled, old spices and can even be mistaken for old men's cologne.

vertigo
vertigo

To me, Ralph Hot is a totally gourmand fragrance.
I don't get any fruits, flowers or spices from it.
And nothing oriental.
What I get is fig in maple syrup.
And what a delicious combination!
Even for those who, like me, are not much into gourmand scents.
This is the only one I love.

It's modern, fun, playful, happy and a bit cheeky. A proud fragrance, well aware of what it's worth.

I just can't help smiling when I smell it. I'm so happy I asked for it as a Christmas gift. It gave me warmth on those cold winter days. I was pampering myself with its sweetness and gourmandness. I bet it would be perfect also on hot summer nights.

The scent doesn't change in time on my skin. As for an eau de toilette, lasting power and sillage are impressive. And the price is good, so if you can't (yet!) afford a Dior or a Thierry Mugler - try this one.

Some people buy themselves big icecreams or chocolate for a reward.

My reward is Ralph Hot.

Marki san
Marki san

My absolute favorite color is purple so I had to test Ralph HOT.
I tested it on my skin at the store and from the first sniff I was in love. HOT smells like summer in a bottle! It gave me that feeling when you went swimming or played with water on a hot summer day and then sat in the sun to get dry, all refreshed. Its a really comforting and cosy scent. I ordered a 50ml bottle and I cant wait to receive it...its going to be my summer signature scent.

Allinug

Now I have tried this perfume again and I like it more and more, smells good and soft.

Allinug

I can´t make up my mind, I don´t know if I like this perfume or not. In the beginning it smells something that I don´t like but after a while it smells better. I guess that I have to try it more.

Never was a bottle less appropriate for its contents than is the one in which RALPH HOT is found. But, as a linear vanilla, this is certainly wearable enough--for those who like gourmand scents.

Although I question the coherence of calling RALPH HOT a RALPH flanker, and view the decision to use the same bottle mold as a diaphanous cost-cutting measure, I am nonetheless happy to be able to report that RALPH HOT bears zero resemblance to its namesake.

RALPH HOT is a linear vanilla fragrance that to my nose is vaguely redolent of Chico Sticks, a junior high school candy which is covered with sugary toasted coconut and has a crumbly Butterfinger-like substance inside. Coconut is not listed among the notes, so this must be some sort of olfactory illusion, an emergent "note" of sorts... Or perhaps the designers consider coconut a "spice"?

RALPH HOT also seems to my nose to contain patchouli, which is not listed as a note. I am wondering whether fig leaf may be combining with some of the other many ingredients to produce this illusion as well. (Though, again, I suppose that patchouli could be a spice!)

As with the other RALPHS, I would put RALPH HOT at the quality level of Victoria's Secret SEXY LITTLE THINGS or VERY SEXY fragrances--clearly a lower tier than some of Ralph Lauren's offerings, such as PURE TURQUOISE or SAFARI... But it's quite clear from the packaging and price that the entire RALPH line is intended for a less sophisticated market (say, eaters of Chico Sticks...). This is a gourmand scent for them. The staying power and sillage are pretty good for an edt.

ajbww
ajbww

i really like this perfume great for a summers day, although it did take a while to get used to though, i really like the ralph perfumes but rocks ive only smelt once, this does smell like coconuts and almosts reminds me of pina colada yummm

helos3
helos3

i absolutely love this!but i can't find it anywhere!!

NatWeb
NatWeb

Ooh fig... if you love fig scents then you'll love Ralph Hot. I bought this essentially untested, all I had was a magazine strip and I loved it from that watered down version alone. It's a great sweet/fruity fragrance perfect for warmer weather and it works for both day and night. It's lasting power is average but one of the best warm creamy fruit fragrances.

guest_wynstelle
guest_wynstelle

Simply amazingy. Intoxicanting and addicitive. I love it!!!

jujy54

I got this to replace Carlos Santana for Women which I prefer but has no staying power on me (EDP please???), since both have the coconut thing going on. It is spicier and more gourmand than CS, and I do enjoy it as an everyday fragrance. Prefer it in cold weather.

Update 11/15/2101 - I'm on my 3rd bottle!
I love Vertigo's description - "cheeky" - this is the first fragrance that has ever made me laugh, not at it but with it. It is one of three "toasty" fragrances - the other two the Carlos Santana for Women and Queen by Queen Latifah. They each have a gourmand spicy thing going on, with a touch of alcohol, but they each have a differnt accent. CS for summertime, RH when I'm wearing my converse All-Stars, and QbQL when I'm wearing my mom's mink.

clairdelune
clairdelune

A co-worker of mine wears this. I liked how it smelled coco-nutty on her so tried it myself. On me, however, what comes out more is a strong maple syrup accord that I find a little overwhelming. The scent doesn't change much throughout the day but does last quite well. Hot may be one of those that is better or not as good depending on chemistry. For me, Hot was only luke warm.

So sugary, so sweet, yet surprisingly lovely, and dare I say addictive.

It smells a lot like an icecream called 'Splice', which is basically vanilla icecream covered in an icy layer of sugary lime. Just like the icecream, this fragrance would be best enjoyed on a hot Summer's day.

The opening is mostly sugared fruits, however the drydown becomes rather warm and I can detect a subtle note that smells somewhat like maple syrup hidden in there somewhere. Ralph Hot turns out to be a very gourmand experience.

The sillage and the lasting strength of this fragrance is simply amazing. I certainly recommend Ralph Hot to lovers of vanilla based scents like Dior's Hypnotic Poison and Thierry Mugler's Innocent.

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

I sampled this today on my lunch break and while I do like it I won't be buying it. It smells spicy and musky rather than sweet and fruity. To me it's not gourmand at all. I was really expecting something sweeter but was disapointed there. Something about this smells very familiar but in a good way. If someone were to buy this for me I'd wear it, otherwise I wont be.

andy
andy

sexy i love the fruity floral smell its got and it really turns heads

Argirl
Argirl

I like this scent but I cant wear it everyday it gives me a headache if I wear it everyday!

Soul_eater
Soul_eater

I haven't wear it for a while and I suddenly I'm craving it! It's ideal for summer because it's fresh and sweet ( not the nauseating sweet). The vanilla really sticks out on my skin. I love it!

kutyafina
kutyafina

I feel coconut!!!!But there isn't!Interesting...

Poisonivyprince
Poisonivyprince

i dont smell anything sweet. just several spices that i cant identify. it smells and feels like its name hot. with its suffocatingly stong, and overwhelming power.

luz
luz

Too much of everything... smells like pastry store... or a breakfast with caramel pancakes, hot chocolate, coconut cake, sweet, sweet, sweet...

falovalo
falovalo

I too smell coconut. It gives this a tanning salon - like scent. Very tropical and a little exotic. I can picture slathering tanning lotion on my skin and letting the warmth of the tanning bulbs infuse the room with the coconut/vanilla scent.

susieqrj
susieqrj

Smells like With Love, from Hilary Duff. The difference is that With Love is way better.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Smells like cinnamon,maple and fig.Vey warm and very nice one of my absolute favorites!during the drydown it keeps smelling even better.

kimberly
kimberly

Great at first, but dies quickly. Sad, I don't know why the Ralph Fragrances aren't as good as they used to be. No staying power.

essija

This is very gourmand, very vanilla cake like, I love it I think it smells so yummy and I think it's pretty sexy for gourmand scent. I love the purple bottle. This is a casual jeans and tee-shirt scent.

hena a
hena a

i think it is quite a gourmand scent. i smell lots of vanilla. not my type of perfume but is still ok.

oh, i did get a hint of coconut :)

mamamia
mamamia

i don't get any coconut notes in it but its just perfect for vanilla lovers.it has wearable tone of vanilla without being too gourmand or sickening sweet.

essija

This smell is sexy. It's a good sweet and people do comment that it smells coconutty on. I really like this one, I have a huge bottle and wear it from time to time all seasons...
Good for everyday you want to smell sexy.. It must be the fig that makes it smell like coconuts.. Pretty bottle too..

Aysu
Aysu

Feels like you smell vanilla & coconut ice cream. Lovely at the beginning, but boring after a while.. Reminds me of new version of Lumiere after the drydown..

sjanira
sjanira

I like this one but it's a little too sweet. None of the less I still wear it. I have a miniature of it but after that's done I wouldn't purchase another. It's not great is just good. Sometimes when you have a sweet scent that has just one dominant note it doesn't work. To me It's just to much of a fake coconut smell which is funny cause I don't see a coconut note there.

Erika_K
Erika_K

I felt the coconut too, but I came to realize that it was just the fig leaf and the vanilla with sandalwood together.

flugeltje013
flugeltje013

When I first smelled this it was all coconut... I'd use it for summer but I guess it works for all seasons. I love sweet perfumes like this

Luciana
Luciana

Cuando me compre este perfume estaba encantada, a la semana ya lo odiaba. no me gusto

amanda
amanda

:) i know its not listed, but thats the thing, anytime, and anywhere i smelled this, i smell coconuts in it, and im not the only one, but i dont mind if its coconut or sg else, because i like the perfume itself

guest_darkhaven
guest_darkhaven

To guest_Tigre

I agree with the other two reviewers, I liked it at first- but then the overwhelming smell of coconuts scent set in and that confused me since i know that coconut wasn't one of its listed ingredients. Maybe we just got the wrong batch perhaps? It happens sometimes. Im a huge fan of ralph lauren perfume's but this one just didn't cut it for me.

guest_Tigre
guest_Tigre

Em89 & guest_amanda:
How can you smell "coconut" in this? There is none in the fragrance notes. And the only "exotic" flower note is the orchid.
Are you sure you have the right "RALPH" fragrance?

guest_Natalia
guest_Natalia

LA primera vez que probe este perfume me recordoel aroma al coco pero despues de echarm muchas veces en las perfumerias y comprarme un set de ete perfume con la rema y el gel,empece a notar su verdadero aroma que no es igual a cuando lo pruebas la primera vez.
Lo que mas se nota es el oor del caramelo quemado y el higo,no noto ninguna otra cosa,adems de ser un perfum demasiado calido y fuerte,muy empalagoso.La crema corporal me gusta mucho porque es ma suave pero el perfume a veces me da dolor de cabeza y en mi piel huele masculino,que por cierto,para las que no lo span,es unisex

Em89
Em89

i don't like it- i got the set as a gift and re-gifted it to my sister. i'm just not a fan of smelling like sunscreen (it doesn't really smell like sunscreen, i just automaticly think of it when i smell coconut- and coconut is strong in this one)

guest_amanda
guest_amanda

the coconut dominates, which i like so i like it a lot, but its a very sexy and interesting scent with its composition of coco, exotic notes and flowers

olialiareda
olialiareda

sweet, sexy, modern smell:)

Ralph Hot by Ralph Lauren 3.84 out of 5 based on 681 ratings and 139 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Ralph Hot fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Ralph Hot, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ralph Hot by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ralph Hot by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.