Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Ralph Lauren Blue Ralph Lauren for women

Ralph Lauren Blue Ralph Lauren for women
dislike

I have it: 576 I had it: 393 I want it: 210 My signature: 30

Ralph Lauren Blue Ralph Lauren for women Pictures Ralph Lauren Blue Ralph Lauren for women Pictures

Blue is a floral fragrance for women, presented in 2005. The noses behind it are David Apel and Pierre Negrin. Relaxing notes of this perfume are filled with glaringly color of the sky, freedom and release. It opens with notes of lotus, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, pink peony and gardenia. The middle notes wrap with accords of rose de Mai, tuberose and orange blossom, and the base adds a sensuous warm trail of sandalwood, musk, ambrette seed vetiver and oakmoss. This marine fragrance, wrapped up in blue bottle with silver stopper and monogram, is available as 40, 50 and 75 ml edt.

Gardenia Jasmine Grapefruit Pink Peony Lily-of-the-Valley Lotus Melon

Tuberose Orange Blossom Rose Basil Verbena

Amber Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Suede

Curious Britney Spears

Ralph Lauren Blue Fragrance Reviews

PerfumeGodess
PerfumeGodess

Light, Sexy, Seductive, Blue.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

@to the new_esta... I am the opposite sex, well, not a conventional one perhaps, but I do wear Blue and a Scent by IM just to make my Cristalle last longer for it seems out of productio nowadays. Very good alternatives, but they are not a Chanel, I am afraid to say ...

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Really light and citrus-floral with a hint of spice. I find it comforting although I'm not sure whether the opposite sex would like or even be able to smell it. Skinscent that gives a lovely twist.

MarianSoBlessed
MarianSoBlessed

"Lottis" is so accurate in describing this perfume as 'metallic'. It is very metallic, which gives it a masculine feel, but the flowers help keep it sexy and still feminine. To my nose, this is a very complex scent. Watery, metallic, floral, rich, and extremely unique. This fragrance is NOT for the inexperienced. This smell carries a message of boldness, confidence, female masculinity, and respect. This is my signature scent. I'm a somewhat tomboy... sports here and there, slightly masculine swag, bossy, a little demanding, successful, but still beautiful and feminine. Spray with caution!

rose7
rose7

This isn't an actual review. I contacted the Ralph Lauren website to see if they were going to offer body lotion and shower gel for the holidays. They said that it was no longer being produced. They said I might like to try Big Pony. No, thanks! I really like this fragrance. I guess I'll move on. :(

natluvly
natluvly

Received this in a swap unsniffed and I honestly did not know what to expect from the reviews here. When I received it I sniffed from the bottle and sprayed some on my wrist (which I dont usually do with new scents), I really wasn't sure how I felt about it. Later that night I kept getting whiffs of something and I realized it was this so I decided I'd test it further since it sparked good emotions in me.

I then kept sniffing the bottle because there was something good in there I kept thinking about. So , I wore this to a beauty convention that weekend and loved that this lasted on my clothes all day and I was there from 10AM to 6PM. Also, the scent didn't turn funky it was still as cool and crisp as when I put it on.

As far as scent goes, this is definitively floral but when I smell it I don't know why but it reminds me of ice or the way the freezer smells when you open it and that chilly air hits your face. I love scents that spark some sort of emotion in me. Like nothing I've ever smelled. If you love cool type forals this could be for you.

I think this could be my next signature which I haven't had in some years now. I think this is the closest thing to what I need in a signature. It's light but present, distinctive, lasts well, and I identify with it (it seems like me). A bonus is it seems a bit more grown up than my previous signatures which is a natural progression I would hope for.

I love this and will update the more I test it.

Andi Rrr
Andi Rrr

Very clean and preppy. I initially smell cotton, like sheets hanging to dry in the warm sun, but almost immediately a loud, undeniable musk develops. Someone mentioned mothballs, and I have to agree, but that is what I love about it! It is like what Jennifer Lawrence says in American Hustle- a whiff of rottenness buried deep in a scent makes it intoxicating. I also pick up on jasmine and maybe even honeysuckle? The combination of notes makes this fragrance richer and more special than the typical clean, fresh fragrances. Perfect for a sunny, breezy spring or summer day.

Glynis49
Glynis49

One of my favorites - clean and sparkling fragrance

kj
kj

I have a 125 ml edt bottle for swap. Just bought it this week, but realized that it's not for me after all.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I had this one and wore it a lot, my husband loved it on me as well. Then I strayed to Chanel Coco M, and JS-Fancy Love and that was it, all over for Blue. It sat on my dresser for years until I finally got sick of looking at it and gave the bottle to my sister who has barely any perfume since she likes the more clean scents.

polly golightly
polly golightly

non tutti i floreali vengono per nuocere. eccone uno che si sopporta. note iniziali floreali molto intense di gelsomino e mughetto, estremamente volatili, per fortuna. il gelsomino rimane, a ricordare le sere estive, e va assestandosi verso un mix di vetiver e muschio, lievemente aspro. rinfrescante e per nulla dolce, rimane leggero e vicino alla pelle per ore.

Dior_Addict
Dior_Addict

One of my all time favourites !

pinktoe
pinktoe

Finally!! It's here!! I've been wanting to own this beauty for a long time. A very dear friend of mine used to wear Blue when it was first launched and I loooved the way she smelled. At that time I couldn't quite wrap my head around buying it, though I've always loved it. Time passed and once at the mall I gave it a try and bummer... I hated it..... no, it was not right, so I tried it again, I let it evolve and dry down, and there... the clean beauty, the flowery notes, where jasmine stands out, the melon. I started to really crave it. I asked at Lauren's counter a few weeks after trying it again and they crashed me with the news... it had been discontinued..... I didn't give up, I asked at a small perfumes-only-store and the lady told me that no, it wasn't discontinued, it was just that the big department stores would regularly favor the "trendier" fragrances. (Note, I live in Chile, Southamerica, far away from perfume houses and stores, I have to settle for what they have in stores or buy on the internet). I was resigned... and then... one of the department stores at my local Mall had a Ralph Lauren's Blue sale!!! So my sweet loving mom bought a bottle for me and one for her!!! (It was her turn, a month ago I bought us a 1 fl.oz bottle of Ralph Lauren's Romance each).

Rosey8821
Rosey8821

Has this fragrance been relaunched? I couldn't find this anywhere (within Australia and US) for the last 2 years without insane prices. But now its seems it is being sold at Ulta and in chemist in Australia for resasonable prices.

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

This perfume smells very delicious. I used this perfume for my wedding. I had a late miami summer wedding @ 3:00pm. This scent is clean and fresh. Very nice. The scent of Britney Spears, Curious, is reminiscent of this scent.

Dionne1024
Dionne1024

Great winter scent.

sharyssa

And the curious comparison?? No I think curious is very nice but also sweet and more for teens not because of the bottle or brand name but its just no comparison I like both but ill stick to RL

sharyssa

Sprayed two sprays today one on my chest one on my wrist I wasnt too crazy about this before but I am really enjoying this now it reminds me of spring like when the trees are blossoming and it has a pinch of something peppery I really like this and may become my signature. The bottle looks expensive I jist wish it looked more feminine because for those that dont know just looking at the bottle would assume its a mens cologne I know I would

IndigoBaby
IndigoBaby

Love the dry down

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

When I smelled this, I was instantly transported to heaven. Why? Because This smells like a more floral and less salty version of Eau des Merveilles, my all time fave. There's just something about vetiver, citrus and amber together than make my heels click together in utter olfactory bliss! Maybe this can be my cheaper alternative.

glassjules
glassjules

I am in love with this scent, got this for Christmas,. I have curious because so many people here thought curious smelled like this, and I couldn't find blue, but I have to say I think blue smells more mature, in a good way, more elegant maybe? I love it. Can't stop smelling my wrist!

blueviolet
blueviolet

Wow cannot believe how much this is just BS curious, I like curious and since this one is difficult to find and can be a bit pricey. Britney's is cheaper for the same smell.

truffles
truffles

Ahaha - glad I'm not the only one who thinks this smells just like Britney Spears Curious! After you've worn it for maybe half an hour it turns into Curious, which I personally don't dislike.

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

I tried this perfume for the first time today. WOW!!!!! It smells so great! I can't stop smelling my wrist!

My initial thought was a grown up version of BS Curious. The tuberose and gardenia really open up on me. People are right...a little goes a LONG way! 2 spritz was all it took for me today. But it's not over powering for me. It's a soft, sweet floral. My husband described this perfume as very flowery.

It reminds me of a toned down version of something my grandma used to wear (and that's not a bad thing!)

Overall, I LOVE this! I'd reccommend it to anyone who loved BS Curious growing up. It's very classy.

SolangeN
SolangeN

Smells like flowery shampoo with a harsh chemical musk drydown. The same unfortunate drydown chemical that ruins the Safari reformulation. Shame about the Lauren fragrances - their ready-to-wear quality is not great anymore either.

The price is ludicrous for the low quality drydown.

clancyann
clancyann

RL Blue really does not smell like BS Curious to me. It's a lovely floral fragrance that is mature but modern. I say it's modern, and it is; it's not out of place in 2013 by any means, but it still seems to invoke the past -- 1980s in particular. Lauren by Ralph Lauren is an iconic late 1970s/1980s fragrance, green and zingy. Blue is clean and patrician the way Lauren is, but cooler and calmer.

leavesofgrass

Almarie try not to let it change the way you feel about the fragrance, this isn't a complicated scent. It's clean, watery, with a melon floral base, bathroom it is not. Your friend may need to get her nose checked, or simply be associating the clean notes with baby wipes/baby wash.

almarie
almarie

Honestly, I really liked this fragrance, but one of my friends said it smelled like her son's "poop", so I kind of am a little crestfallen with this fragrance since that comment. At any rate, I still went to Ulta and purchased the 1.0 oz bottle for old times sake.

leavesofgrass

After reading the many positive reviews on this fragrance (particularly those that read like "Not a day goes by when I don't get a compliment..."), I had to have it. I searched high and low, and couldn't find an agreeable price until Ulta, which has the 1 oz. bottle in a coffret called Ralph Lauren Romance along with 2 other RL fragrances. I digress, so I tried this and wasn't super impressed, it smells good, like freshly shampooed hair, an aquatic flowery scent with melon. It reminds me of one of my favorite scents Britney Spears Curious (shampooed hair scent) mixed with Bath & Body Works wild Honeysuckle (floral with prominent watery notes and melon) if they had a rambunctious child, it would be Ralph Lauren Blue. lol

I find it a pleasing scent, but I am not sure it's a keeper for me, ironically even though I'm a fan of BS Curious, this isn't as impressive to me, and no real "you smell good" compliments have come my way *deal breaker*.

Caprice
Caprice

For those who love cold scents. I had a headache from it.

greenteacherie
greenteacherie

I received this as a present a few years ago and while I can appreciate its freshness, I cannot wear this without getting a huge headache. The florals are definitely too intense for me.

kerry_rahma
kerry_rahma

Gosh i love this one... The jasmine is stronger on my skin, so i smell romatic all day long.. Love Love Love...

teresa.a.moore.31

Just wrote to Ralph Lauren website, as they were advertising Blue, and I was not sure whether I was picking up an old page or whether, like Crabtree & Evelyn Wisteria, they were using the same name but changing the scent ( and not for the better). I got the reply that it is definitely still available and the formula unchanged....YIPPEE,

"We are pleased to inform you that Ralph Lauren Blue Eau de Toilette Spray has not been discontinued. The fragrance has not been altered in any way. The key notes of Polo Ralph Lauren Blue are Lotus Flower, Tuberose and Musk. Although this fragrance may be unavailable in department stores, it is available for purchase on RalphLauren.com.

Ali565
Ali565

Ahh the incredible power of the sense of smell.

I actually remember what I did the very day I tried this on all those years ago. It was a crisp fall day and I was out shopping with my mom. We then went to see the movie Underworld (the first/best one haha) and I kept smelling my wrist the whole time lol.

My mom figured out pretty quickly that I liked it so she bought me some as a gift.

From there on out, I always saw this is a fall fragrance. I am not sure if it is just because of the memory, or because it actually smells of fall to me. I think it is the former because I tend to like woody smoky smells for fall. Well, I love woody smells most of the time anyway.

Of course, this does have some woody notes that are cleverly hiding beneath the floral notes... so they tend to wait until the dry down to appear, the mischievous little buggers.

As for the floral notes, they are pretty strong for me, henceforth, I only bought the lotion so I can apply it as lightly as I want. I can also balance it out with other lotions and perfumes if the floral gets overwhelming for me.

I am not usually a huge fan of floral anything so I am surprised that I even like this. I also have no idea what flowers I'm smelling. All I know is that this is really kind of an out of character scent for me.

But it is clean and inoffensive smelling to other people. I've gotten a few compliments on it. I have a VERY sharp sense of smell so like I said, this can get overwhelming for me so sometimes I have to tone it down.

This perfume has monster sillage in my opinion, which is normally a bad thing for me. But it goes pretty nicely with my chemistry so I don't mind as much. I don't like it as much as some mens' colognes but it is one of the better womens' fragrances.

Plus, sentimental value doesn't hurt either. ;)

Garden.Wren
Garden.Wren

This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE perfume. I have a vast collection of fragrances, from niche and high end, down to celebrity and BBW types, and this stands out from everything. This is honestly the lovliest perfume I've ever smelled, hands down. It's light and airy, aquatic and floral, true perfection. I know it's not mentioned in the note, but I swear I can smell honeysuckle. Not the synthetic, make you cringe type, but true to life, sweet and airy honeysuckle.
Blue, to me, smells like spring. Sitting on the front steps at dawn, watching the sun rise over the neighboring meadow that's finally sprung to life with wildflowers drenched in morning's dew. Breathing in the fresh, sweet scent of morning, occasionally catching a brief whiff of my newly sprouting herb garden.
Ralph Lauren has created Happiness in a bottle.
Over the past 4 years, I've finished 3 large bottles, and am half way through my 4th 4.2oz bottle now.
Longevity and sillage are both great with Blue as well.
Overall, I give this a 5/5.

heartofdixie
heartofdixie

I was given a bottle of this years ago, it sat on the shelf, and then I finally decided to wear it. Boy was I glad! I love it, it is my signature scent, and I ALWAYS get comments on it. Women particularly love it, and I love smelling it on my clothes and in my hair after I've had it on all day. It is so fresh, clean, and just a lovely smell. I have every Chanel fragrance and several other designer fragrances, and none of them come close to the amount of comments I get on Blue. I am disappointed however, on how hard it is to obtain and how expensive it has become. I'm going to try Curious to see if this is a close enough 2nd to my favorite!

khymley
khymley

SUPER LOVE this perfume. Although Macy's have discontinued selling them, but they say they can order them, don't know how long they'll be able to get it but I bought a new one from fragrance dot net in 12/2012 and they have about 3 different sizes. I also checked couple of Ralph Lauren outlet stores in our area and they both have them.

I bought the gift set and I cannot simply just throw away my empty body lotion tube LoL! I hardly can find one as far as body lotion is concerned. :(

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

Ahhh Blue, my first perfume love affair. I was at a party in 2006 and a girl walked by me and the moment I caught a wiff of her, it was like those cartoons of cupid shooting an arrow right to my nose. I asked her what she was wearing and subsequently followed her around the whole night just to smell her (it's ok, we were friends lol) Anyway I went right out and bought my own bottle of Blue the next day. I knew nothing about perfume so it didn't even dawn on me I was wearing a floral, I just knew it was pretty yet strong (in a tough chick kinda way, but it's also very strong as a squirt will do ya!) This has been my signature ever since and it lasts a LOOOONG time on me. If I go to bed with it on,it is still on in the morning and transforms into a warmer,spicier version of itself. My husband loves it and men usually give me complements on it. When I first spray it on it has an almost sharp smell but then dries down to something amazing. But in the last few months something has changed and that sharp smell doesn't go away. My 3.4oz bottle that is almost gone has turned yellow and I'm afraid it's gone bad because it smells almost dusty and sour. So I tested a fresh bottle at the store and , yup it still smells kinda funky on me. I hope this is just a phase as I LOVE this perfume. But I have noticed gardenia has been going rancid on me and I think that's the culprit. And as a side note, I have been hearing how BS Curious smells just like this and when I tested it I didn't see the resemblance at all. But I recently acquired a BS gift pack with 3 viles of Radiance,Fantasy and Curious. Now that I have had a chance to get to know Curious I can totally see the similarity. Curious is like Blue's sweet little sister. She's softer and doesn't have that "pretty but tuff girl" vibe blue has but it does smell very similar. And Curious doesn't last very long on me and also doesn't have that sharpness to it.

bren400
bren400

OMG-This stuff really DOES smell EXACTLY like Curious by Britney Spears! I NEVER thought I could BARE the smell of gardenias, but Ralph's Blue changed my mind forever-the gardenias in this lovely composition are perfect! When I initially got a whiff of this ('04) I HAD to ask the lady wearing it, what it was. The only thing about this frag is that it can be heavy if you spray more than is necessary (2-3 sprays) Thank you to those that have mentioned the comparison to Curious, now I know who's opinion to trust when it comes to sampling new fragrances:-D

EDIT: Ok, so maybe Curious doesn't smell EXACTLY like Blue, but her perfume is the closest replica next to it:-) Oh, and I can tell the difference between Curius and Blue. Blue's MUCH better! :-)

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

love it..yes, it seems to have been discontinued too..such a shame..

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Yuck, this smells like laundry detergent or shampoo. Not a fan at all.

EDIT 2/5/2013: Try Ulta if anyone is looking for this scent, that's where I was able to smell this.

silverain82
silverain82

This was my signature scent for several years... the scent reminds me a bit of Finesse shampoo. I mean that in a good way..haha! Anyways, I somehow lost the bottle during a move. I'd LOVE to smell it again, just for the memories.

White
White

If you leave in USA, you can order it from the web-site of Ralph Lauren. I leave in Italy and Ia don't know how to have it.

Marianne, DK
Marianne, DK

This scent immediately took me back to my younger days, and trips to an island in the North Sea, at the south-west coast of Denmark. On warm days the fir trees on the island gave of the same scent, which I can only describe as sunny and oceanic. It seems to be discontinued, can anyone confirm this?

chillalot
chillalot

This is my all time favorite scent...one of only 2 fragrances I have ever used the entire bottle of. I recieved so many compliments. This smells a little masculine at first spritz..but the drydown is feminine and powdery/floral. I wish they still made the shower gel and lotion.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

OMG what a beautifull scent this is !! Soft, alluring, sweet and elegant, actually somehow aristocratic. I love it. I think it's wonderful everyday wear ... fantastic signature-tipe fragrance that is not too aggressive but although a detectable and really long lasting. Softly sweet and very seductive with a drop of grapefruit note which gives it some hidden freshness. GORGEOUS !!!

teresa.a.moore.31

I love it for summer..... I notice it's a smell women like and ask me about, whereas Guerlain's Chamade has men asking me what I 'm wearing. I find it hard to believe that Anais Anais is put out as a comparable scent....I loathe it and it gives me a helluva headache.

firstinthedance
firstinthedance

This is my sister's favorite fragrance, but something in this scent literally gives me a migraine. Several of the "blue" perfumes and Juicy Couture (the original) have this effect on me - but Ralph Lauren Blue is the worst of the bunch. It is unfortunate, because I would otherwise like these smells.

geo79
geo79

Does anyone knows, if one of the big pony fragances for woman smell the same as this one?? I'm just hoping that they just change the name....in Europe is discontinue...

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

Cigar smoke? No. I say moth balls. Discontinued? Good riddance.

top note(s) moth balls, aquatic notes
heart note(s) moth balls, floral notes
base notes(s) moth balls

claudja smeller
claudja smeller

(PORTUGUESE)
Dei de presente pro meu irmão, já que eu detestei essa fragrância, lembra um pós barba, por causa da nota mentolada. Fora isso é muito parecido com o Curious da BS, mas este da Britney tem uma saída bem mais feminina, porém, com o tempo os dois ficam idênticos....sei disso porque borrifei um em cada braço e após 20 minutos os dois ficam iguais, se não tivesse marcado qual estava em tal braço eu teria trocado tranquilamente...é uma pena, pois foram dois perfumes que eu comprei no escuro e me dei mal.

(ENGLISH)
Gave as a gift for my brother, since I hated this fragrance, reminiscent of a post-shave, because of the minty note. Other than that is very similar to the Curious BS, but this has an output of Britney and more feminine, but with time the two are identical .... I know this because a sprayed on each arm and after 20 minutes the two are equal, if I had not checked what was in that arm I would have traded quietly ... is a shame because there were two perfumes that I bought in the dark and got burned.

DocTales
DocTales

Considering the notes that are in this frag, I should have loved it. However, every time I gave it a new go, I ended up either hating it for smelling like an old man's cologne (almost like 4711) and other times I did not hate it, but still couldn't like it. In the end I gave it to charity...I hope someone else could give it a better home than I could!

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

I personally like this perfume a lot! However, when I took it out a couple of months ago after quite a while to wear it on a cold Sunday evening at home my husband said I smelled like a cigar smoking aged man! :/ (clearly didn't like it). Sigh! Haven't worn it since then but still like it nonetheless and think its a great fragrance.

gemgirl26
gemgirl26

This is my friend's signature scent - it smells great on her. I'm not sure if it's a really strong scent or if she just sprays a lot of it on, because I can always smell her from across the room! However, since I like how it smells (on her), I don't mind that it's strong. As a side note, she had also thought it was discontinued - said someone at a perfume counter a few years ago told her it had been - and was delighted to find it at severals stores again last fall.

I tried this one on myself a few months ago, thinking maybe I'd buy a little bottle. However, it didn't really work on me. Turned into kind of a D&G Light Blue/Amber-ish mess. And my husband hated it. The search continues...

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

I may be mistaken but I heard this one has deff. been discontinued??!!...IDK why?!...it's one of his most popular scents! && popular scents don't usually get discontinued I mean a lot of people seem to really love this. I work at a fragrance store && we get asked for it all the time...&& it's been so hard for us to get lately we were starting to wonder why, then we got the news it's been discontinued && all of the fragrance stores around us don't even carry it anymore...So I'm pretty sure this is true && it has been or is in the process...all I can say is there's something wrong with Ralph's little head && he ended the life of a truly wonderful/popular scent for no reason. :(

mrsmcfall
mrsmcfall

Wow. The most under-rated perfume ever. Seriously. Anyone who tells me they like floral scents, I automatically point out this one. Very soft, subtle floral. I recommend this 10/10 to anyone who says they love floral...I hope Ralph Lauren makes this one forever & ever. One of the most "perfect" scents hit...

jenny2301
jenny2301

OMG OMG...I LOVE THIS SCENT!.This just put a smile on my face.Its a wonderful scent.I bought this back in 2000.I am a fan!

sharyssa

i still have a full 2.5oz on my dresser i have had it for 2 or 3 years i liked it but now i dont its too fresh and there isnt an ounce of sweetness to it and i need some sugar or some caramel in my perfumes lol!

A great every-day-scent. Opens up with white flowers and this can be a heavy parfum if u spray on to much. Less is more with RL - Blue. Great stayinpower for an EdT, I think. Basenote gives wonderful woodsy/amber-notes.

En härlig varje-dag-doft. Öppnar upp med vita blommor och detta kan bli en rumsdödare om man sprejar på för mycket. Lite är lagom när det gäller RL - Blue. Stannar länge på huden, bra för att vara en EdT.Basnoten ger härlig trätoner/amber.

smellME
smellME

Gardenia and Jasmin shrieks loudly - Here we are ! right after the soft initial note from the spray dispenser has settled. The top note with wonderful white fairytaile flowers enter the stage, and won´t let any other note near, for a long ´time....
asking me - We are the topnote you sensed the longest time - eh ? I think ok, please stay but settle down a bit will you ....?
The heart note hasn´t said anything yet for about 30 minutes or so.
Ok ,I sense the wonderful Gardenia and Jasmin hanging around, but rose and tuberose is showing slightly more and finally - sing along....
The perfume goes smother right after the heartnote has fully revealed itself. It goes softer and more cosy, no more tralala or blasting here, I can only hear the basenotes whisper and softly giggle with one another, but they are comfy and stays all night... They can - cause they linger around me, making me feel fresh, secure and wonderful smelling at the same time.
Blue your´e so full of contradictions ...

Aubynik
Aubynik

I'm from the south and this smells like a warm spring day!

Gardenia, Jasmine, and Lily of the Valley make this a beautiful floral! And it has a nice aquatic quality to it as well!
This is quite strong for a Ralph Lauren fragrance, so if over sprayed it can be very overwhelming.
However, this is not cloying if used sparingly. It whispers of sophistication, but is not "stuck up". It truly smells like a fresh bouquet adorning a table, sitting on the porch, where friends are chatting away, sipping on sweet tea.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

ekatt, you put it so nice when you call this a "hidden gem".
a heady white floral aquatic...a tremendous yet sensuous understated little arrow that has pierced my heart.
interestingly enough, i get a meditative, tranquil "indian" vibe to this...
it must be the gardenia, lotus & jasmine flowers sacred in the eastern religions.
though i am not a white floral lover in particular (exception: muglers alien), as i often fond them overwhelming and wafting around me in hazy thick wafts,
the aquatic note in this (i perceive this as coming from a citrus gardenia)
balances what might have been a sillage bomb.
incidentley, my beloved grandfather, may he rip, favorite flower was pure white gardenia and he was also a sea captain.
i will treasure the memory of him smelling this on me as his eyes would mist over recalling the glory of his younger days sailing toward greek islands... : ' )

sofababe
sofababe

Perfect scent for daytime use on sunny spring and summer days.
Floral but not overpoweringly so, due I suspect to the sharp grapefruit keeping those big white flowers in check.
Lovely soft sweet drydown too.

You can't go wrong with this one. I blind bought just a small bottle due to the reviews here but I don't think its going to last all summer.

jrova
jrova

This is a very clean aquatic dewy perfume. Love i!! Brings back so many memories of my best spent summers. It's very sexy, very fresh. It makes me feel like im on a cloud. If a cloud has a certain smell, this would be it!

smritivsingh
smritivsingh

It is quite strong. It's a pretty sexy night scent for summers. It's just not for me though!

takeasniff
takeasniff

Sometimes this smells like Laundry powder but not in a bad way. It dries down almost like beckham intimate. It smells like those little white flowers which bloom on the trees in the hot weather. I am not sure if they are jasmine or lilly of the valley. It is very noticeable and reminds me of when I used to walk home or to school in the summer as a kid. My husband's parents have a tree like this in their front yard. In the hot weather all the little white flowers come out with such a strong smell. Some people can't stand the smell and others love it but everyone knows it when they smell it. The perfume is expensive but it lasts. It changes from when first sprayed and becomes muskier but still not a dirty heavy musk. It could be a little boring but it suits most occassions without offending anyone and smells classy and grown up. I would buy it again but I think it may be discontinued.

kinsy
kinsy

This is an ok smell for me. I get a hint of citrus there, it's good on beach day I would say.

madhatter1
madhatter1

I would buy this, works for me, it lasts. I found over 1oz bottle for around $36, looking for it cheaper or close to a $40 value on the 2.5 oz before I buy. Anywayz, this dried nice, deep and fresh on my skin. I agree with other reviewers to only apply sparingly or it will be overpowering. Good as a daily year round any occasion type of scent.

miss hiss
miss hiss

Blue & I have been in love for years. The scent emanates
a sexy innocence.

AnyaV
AnyaV

It's a light and cool floral scent. Perfect for everyday use!

Insolent
Insolent

Only a tiny drop is needed and it smells better as the days goes on. Lovely cool, crisp fragrance without sickly sweetness or over zingly, cold tones, and a kind of warm subtle smokiness. Wasn't sure it first but for a spring, summer daytime fragrance it has really grown on me for work and casual wear.

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

I usually love musky scents but this is too musky, too marine. Turns quite masculine on me in the drydown. I think it may be the oakmoss. I have another fragrance with oakmoss in the basenotes and that scent performs the same was as Blue does on my skin. It's a shame because I have smelled this on others and it smells fantastic. Not a good fit for me.

Edit-An evil perfume imp dared me to test this again today. Honestly, I can sniff this all day from the bottle but it definitely does not work with my skin chemistry.

nerisha86
nerisha86

is no good for me., i prefer this for men.. ^_^

lilipop
lilipop

Another great fragrance that has been discontinued. Why?

Vixie
Vixie

An unexpectedly delicate, delicious fragrance reminiscent of a spring morning in the garden. The lily of the valley comes through beautifully and is not overpowered by the other florals. It is a long-lasting fragrance and perfect for daytime wear, anywhere.

lgorz
lgorz

It's one of the best fragrances for end spring begin summer !!!WOW!!

When I first saw this fragrance (on another site), it was listed as unisex...and I tend to agree. This scent is as comforting and fresh (NOT aquatic) and makes one think of clear blue skies, warm carefree days and the energy of youth...

This opens brightly with just a hint of sharpness as the grapefruit (imagine a fractured peel) lightens the peppery peony. Lotus and muguet blend seemlessly and exude a soft almost transparent floral green feel. I was a bit worried when I saw gardenia listed here, but it is only there to add a creamy consistency to the mix. The other flowers come together in a sort of "spring wind" accord, as none of the usually strong scents of the tuberose, rose or jasmine are all that detectable to me. There is a Stevie Nicks song (Bombay Sapphires) that says: "It is Green. No, it's aquamarine...it is BLUE; well, it is not about you!". This sums up RL Blue quite well. Not your typical aquatic, green but has a very "airy and bright" blue aura. This is easily one of the most wearable fragrances I have smelled. Good anytime, anywhere, by ANYONE. The drydown is smooth and green in a very pleasing combination of vetiver's dryness and slight amount of powdery oakmoss. Subtle musk rises from smooth woods. On first spray, this had just a hint of a vintage feel, until the flowers opened and embraced me. It is actually modern, yet has a timeless feel to it. What a pleasure BLUE is...

Sillage: very good
Longevity: quite good
Overall: 4.25/5

I was quite sad when I read this had been discontinued. Every now and again, you catch a scent that reminds you of a simpler time, a happier time...for me RL Blue is one of those. Like dancing in the rain, or walking in the garden...

I just noticed when looking at the back of my hand, where I sprayed it that it dried "shiny"; indicative of the presence of essential oils in the formulation, hence the very "natural" feel.

Adrien02
Adrien02

I tried this one at the mall at the same time as "Queen of Hearts", a new fragrance by Queen Latifah. Contains gardenia, one of my favorite floral notes. There is a familiar symmetry to both of them, like they're running neck and neck. Could almost be an Aquatic Floral but I think the floral notes tip the scale. A classy spring/summer fragrance as only Ralph Lauren can do.

wndrlnd
wndrlnd

I actually sampled this from a magazine and loved it, tried it at the store, still loved it, wore it for several days, along with the body lotion, I smelled so good! Problem, I was pregnant, and had just begun feeling nauseous 24/7. I ended up giving the rest of it to a co-worker, unfortunately, every time she wore it to the office I wanted to gag. It didn't smell bad to me, it smelled like nausea (weird, huh?). Anyhow, a cautionary note, perfume and pregnancy don't always mix.

romrom
romrom

it's such a great scent for the office, not to strong or sweet, just a nice clean scent that ( for me ) lasts all day.

Ralph Lauren Blue is a very appealing fragrance, such a shame it is now discontinued.

It's a cross between a floral aquatic and a floral woody musk. Ralph Lauren Blue tends to be fresh yet smooth and feminine. It's subtle, but the subtlety works.

I particularly like its creamy warmth, somewhat like a mug of warm milk. It has a certain cuddly quality that adds a spin to it's fresh sporty-ness. While it definitely suits hot weather, I think it could wear well in Winter too.

The lightness of this fragrance is possibly the reason for its downfall. The floral aspect probably didn't help either. It's not tangy or fruity like most Summer scents, instead it goes for a light, transparent floral combination.

Unfortunately the lasting power isn't all that great, and as I mentioned before, the sillage is incredibly soft. To be honest, I'm a little underwhelmed after trying Ralph Lauren Blue because I really built it up to be something wonderful after reading so many rave reviews.

Ralph Lauren Blue is nice, polite even, and in some ways quite comforting.

Lottis
Lottis

'Ralph Lauren Blue'is the most floral-aquati I encountered, but... hm... I'm far from expert in the field.
There is no sweetnes at all here for me... more of a lovely metallic feeling, hard to describe - As dazzling aluminumfoil that lifts up the entire flowery scent in a fantastic way. The flowers are so sophisticated soft and really refreshing!
I actually prefer to use 'Blue' in fall and winter when 'RL Blue' get really crisp and high.
It sparkels beautiful as snowflakes in the winter sun.
Nice to vary wiht, contrast all other warm and cozy scents that I like to wear in winter.
Longlasting too!

pia6
pia6

I know this sounds rediculous, it smells on me like Britney Spears Curious and like Intimately Beckham. I have all 3 of these perfumes and they all smell similar to me. Having said that, I think it is a very nice classy perfume. It will bore some people but I think it is non offensive and well made for what it is. Slightly musky, white fresh flowers with a hint of soap. Mild and pleasant but certainly not a marine scent but it is a clean smell not heavy.

guest_spritzer

For those who can't find this perfume, I discovered it yesterday at a Ralph Lauren factory outlet store. Buy it there while you can.

anaaranha
anaaranha

Very nice, light, romantic, soft white flower fragrance! It's young, tender e very easy to fall in love with. I can't really smell it on my skin, but I find it very pleasent to smell it in others, makes me feel in a garden!

cahernandez
cahernandez

this is my first love. idk, there is something so special with this floral-aquatic scent. so invigorating, so surprising, unpredictable. but so easily to fall in love with.

guest_debob

What I forgot to mention is that if you are looking for a salty aquatic scent, this is not for you. I am still looking for one that is salty, oceany, but somewhat sweet. Have not found it yet. Closest I've come is Escada Into the Blue.

guest_debob

It's funny how a color and a name can cause one to have preconceived notions.
I liked to think this was a aquatic floral, but in reality it's white floral. Lot's of white flowers. Sweet yes, but not sugary sweet. What saves it and keeps me from running from this perfume is the moss, musk and sandalwood notes at the end. Twists it up a bit and gives it a different spin.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

This one is nothing unusual, but nevertheless it's a classic strong flowery scent. It reminds me of lilac.

vetiver
vetiver

I wear it for work only, it is light , bright gardenia, tons of white flowers...but it lacks of sexyness and mistery. I like it for daytime.

Leony
Leony

This one was love from the first sniff. Lasts forever. And it is so much feminine, so much appealing and sexy, so much special and so much me...

guest_caro
guest_caro

I dislike this gragance because i am not a fan of white flowers!! it makes me feel like i am under ton of cloying white flowers ...like a grandma!

Rachel4576
Rachel4576

I ADORE this perfume....it is one of my all time favorites...fresh, clean, not too floral, and definitely aquatic....

Valt
Valt

This is a extremly floral and yet kinda refreshing scent.

It starts sharp, even overpowering but give it time to warm up and develope, then you'll be able to smell the orange blossom, jazmin and gardenia like if they were part of a green grass garden in the middle of spring, so beautiful and natural.

Great for everyday wearing, especially in spring and summer, it lasts a lot on me, but has very little proyection.

The bottle is something I really can't understand, so masculine. You could easily think Blue is a man's perfume by only looking at it, but... is the complete opposite!!! femenine, soft and floral.

jalong09
jalong09

I wish the body lotion would come back. I keep coming back to the Ralph Lauren Blue when ever I am trying to decide what to wear. I simply love the scent.

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is a floral all the way. The top is gardenia with a whisper of citrus, lasting only a minute or so. It then turns into a linear magnolia scent on me and that's where it stays.
It's pretty enough and very long lasting (could still smell edt after 8 hrs) but I could see that it would get boring after awhile. I like a little more spice with my florals.
Will have to see if get any compliments, that will be the decision maker.

Update: Yes, compliments. And, this EDT is longer lasting than many EDP's out there!

But, I have just realized the drydown is very much like So Pretty, just much more potent.

rosered
rosered

I love Ralph Lauren Blue
it has a white floral scent at first than tames to a wonderful musky end and It does work well with my own body chemistry for hours without being ''stale '' , I think it is a divine perfume if not worn to heavy
I just love it.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

This was my scent for the longest time. I have the big 4.2 oz bottle. It's no longer made by Ralph Lauren... and I don't know why. Probably couldn't sell because of all the Pink Sugar and pop fruity florals being sold. This smells like a cool Spring air with flowers that are soft. It's not too clean nor aquatic. Just because the ad and bottle are blue doesn't mean it's an ocean themed fragrance. I don't smell anything close to mothballs. Fragrance really does change depending on the person's chemistry, hormones, and diet.

I drained my 2.5oz edt of Ralph Lauren BLUE quite some time ago, and now, as I revisit this fragrance through a mini, I remember why.

BLUE, contrary to its name and appearance, is not aquatic in the least. Instead BLUE is a unique floral fragrance which features lily of the valley framed by several other flowers, all held together in a refreshing bouquet by a melange of vetiver, amber, sandalwood, musk, and a touch of moss. It all feels very fresh to me, like a field of lush grass peppered with tiny white blossoms.

BLUE is an easy to wear fragrance for me, despite its somewhat loud floral opening, because as it fades it becomes better and better. The drydown is soft and the sillage fragrantly floral without being too pushy. Although I sometimes find über florals overwhelming, BLUE is an exception to the rule.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

I bought this because it smelled great on a girlfriend of mine. On me....whole different story! It totally clashes with my chemistry. I wanted to love it on me so badly. This is the 1st time a perfume that I bought has not worked out. It is currently tucked away in a drawer and is full. I do better with woodsy/sweet/oriental/spicy type fragrances.

guest_missing the blue
guest_missing the blue

why did tehy stop producing this perfume?
Here in Switzerland you can't get it anymore...
and it was MY perfume for the last couple of years....it's liek I found my perfume, the perfect one...and now I can't get it anymore.
Can anybody help? Looking for a new one that's similar to Ralph Lauren Blue.
Thanks.

I can't express enough how much I love this perfume. I get compliments on it every time I wear it, no kidding. Every skin type is different and perfumes do not smell the same on everyone but this is my number 1 fav! Although I'm partial to Ralph Lauren (most all is perfume's smell wonderful on me), I must say Blue for women is by far my 1st pick.

edlina
edlina

I'm Always In Love With This Perfume.. Simple yet remakable.. Perfect for all season !!!

guest_lleyn
guest_lleyn

Its funny how we generally associate blue bottles to aquatic fragrances. This proved me wrong.

dina
dina

It's a floral aquatic composition. It's true that lily of the valley notes are dominant at the beginning but soon fades into clean fresh scent. Very suitable for summer or office wear.

kylexora
kylexora

Blue... and i got it blue. and blue and blue and blur...it such a weird smells.. and nice too. floral, and maybe woody. i mean i dont know what kinda ingredient in it. i just smell floral and the other smell, i dont know.. but i like it though.. it remind me of beach and bikini.. trust me, i doesnt smell aquatic.

Kaialexa
Kaialexa

Hm. I have to say I'm puzzled by the description of this perfume as overpoweringly floral; I bought it because of the single distinguishable (rather strange) note that came blasting out with the first spray and never left, and it isn't the least bit floral. I had tentatively identified it as the ambrette, as that's the listed element I'm most unfamiliar with. Maybe it's just my skin chemistry. Maybe not. In any case, I LOVE the scent. Easily one of my most wearable, go-to summer/spring/early fall fragrances.

As Joy
As Joy

The beginning is indeed VERY floral and it hits you - don't wear if you suffer from migrane! However, the drydown is rather lovely, though quite pallid. I think this perfume is much better as a showergel, which I used until the very last drop. The cap and bottle are very stylish.

mwater1
mwater1

Ralph Lauren Blue is an odd fragrance. I have a bottle of it because it smells wonderful on a co-worker, but on me-welllll...

The opening is rather overpowering and floral, and I mean FLORAL! Too much jasmine and gardenia. It's blaringly heavy in the beginning. I miss everything good in this fragrance until it starts to dry down.

As it wears, the florals become more delicate and soft. It develops into a really nice scent. It changes into something sweet and delicate, but only if you can get past the initial fusty old lady flowers. I'm up in the air on this one.

guest_mellie
guest_mellie

it smells way too flowery.likethe blossoms that bloom on a tree in the spring not my type of scent.

Annie_D
Annie_D

This is a very very floral scent. It is overwhelming to me. I feel like it takes over everything and results in a migraine for me. The florals are mostly white and special in themselves but when combined it is overload, too much. I could never find myself to wear this without offending others around me, I get an intense floral air freshener chemical like scent during the dry down. Just completely doen not work with me at all.

Yana
Yana

Blue is more floral than aquatic but there is a real freshness and purity in it. For me it's a scent of jasmine, so natural and tender. At the begining I feel Jasmin+lilyofthevalley+grapefruit, then lily ant grapefruit vanish and a very interesting note appears(orange blossom? tuberosa?)that makes jasmine so elegant and soft. Then the aroma gets warmer and much nicer. The lasting power is OK, the trail is very sexy:)

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

I love this scent. It's a soft jasmine note. I do think this fragrance changes with body chemisty. When I smell it from the led of the bottle, it's so soft floral, but when I apply it on myself, it turned into soft musky note which it's quite different from my first impression of the scnet. Anyway,it's a clean and welcoming scent. It's quite special and I can't think of any other perfume simular to this. I thinkit's good for fall or winter instead of summer as our sweat may affact the base note of this perfume a lot.

golden.one
golden.one

This is pure heaven. Blue gets better and softer the longer it's been on your skin. And you will want to bury your face in your clothes after this has been there for 8 hours. This is the only fragrance I've finished a bottle of and bought another. My husband craves it!

VioletLily
VioletLily

A crisp, clean, fresh aquatic with a green touch. Reminds me of places by the sea and light, cool breezes... I smell honeysuckle, the lightest of light jasmine, gardenia, what I'm guessing is peony, and the barest of reedy woods. Drydown is about the same, with a pale, pale white muskiness. Like many of the reviews have said, it does remind me of certain shampoos too – not necessarily a bad thing. A lovely scent, especially for summer, but unfortunately, the lasting power is just about zip and it just doesn't have that certain something for me. Although, I should say, this is very popular with the man... I came home after testing it and he ooohed and ahhhed.

sjanira
sjanira

I really don't like this one, I purchased a miniature fragrance set and it came with it. I gave it away to someone that can appreciate it. To me it smells like a dead animal surrounded by rotten flowers.

maschin
maschin

it is a very nice scent, floral and musky, perfect for summertimes..it is fresh at the begining but,unfortunatelly, on my skin looses its freshness after a couple of hours..

Millieqm
Millieqm

My favorite fragrance.It is fresh,clean, long lasting and sexy. It's smells so nice, and I always receives compliments about it.

For the one wrote that it smells like a dead animal and rotten flowers, and think this person was high on something.

Come on!! Please.

coco76
coco76

i got this sample from a friend, and it was as i suspected; i CANNOT wear a lot of florals.....on my chemistry all i can smell is lily of the valley...glaringly so. while i enjoy lily of the valley when they are growing in my backyard, in a fragrance they combine with my chemistry to drill a hole in my head! the lotus flower on me turns into an almost melon smell, very watery, green, and melon...i don't know if i have weird chemistry, but any perfume that has lotus flower in it smells like melon on my skin. (I DETEST the smell and taste of melon) such a shame, as i have smelled this on others and it is balanced and gentle...

vestigial
vestigial

Have been enjoying it for almost a year, and now going to get the next bottle. I wear it almost every day (when it's not winter which is good for Chanel Allure, my second most favorite). Lily-of-the-valley agrees perfectly with me, helps to relax after a difficult day at work (and helps to tire less - especially with the use of gardenia and something citrus). Almost ideal combination of floral+marine, which is extremely hard to find (or am I just not that lucky)?

Giorgio
Giorgio

One of the best floral scents. A lovely well blended flower bouquet, delicate, fresh, classy and feminine. Good sillage and longevity, a masterwork

Aysu
Aysu

One of the best in Ralph Lauren collection in my opinion.. Very nice floral, very good use of gardenia, then turns into a soapy scent, with incredible sillage, good staying power.. Before smelling it, blue bottle gave me a feeling of light, unisex type marine scent, but when I smelled the fragrance I discovered it has nothing to do with cheap marine scents.. This is a very nice floral with a little dark feeling and not overly feminine..

guest_mseidoom

Thanks, Anne. I also liked the scent, but the mothballs ruined the fragrance for me.

rieuse
rieuse

This is a good-quality floral perfume. I feel a resemblance with soap but it goes away with top notes. It doesn't last for a long time (maybe couple hours) but it's very appropriate for office wear or some casual meetings. I wouldn't recommend it for a special occasion because it's a little bit light for evening wear.

kiselina
kiselina

Tender and transparent scent. Suitable for work and for warm seasons. Contrary to what the others have written, it has a very weak lasting power on me.

coco_mademoiselle
coco_mademoiselle

a light fragrance that is sweet and delicate but not long lasting. well it wasnt very long lasting for me cus i bought the au de toilette but its a nice smell. i suggest if you want to get it get the au de parfum

guest_Marie J
guest_Marie J

I like this bottle alot looks so pretty. I can't say I sampled this fragrance or I'd be lying! But I want to.

F_A
F_A

This smell brings me to painter's atelier. I can clearly smell gouache that painter just used for painting the field of blue flowers...Exceptional fragrance.

Halvah
Halvah

Recently I bought a new bottle of RL Blue. I really think it's just refreshing and is like an energy-bomb: it makes me smile and active. It's a beautiful floral bouquet indeed, and even if the perfume is "blue" by means of being a little aquatic, it's a nice choise for those who want a fresh, clean but very feminine scent instead of those beeing almost unisex and too marine-like. On my skin it's rather longlasting, too.

amanda
amanda

the lily-of-the-valley note is too strong for me. i think it makes it simple.

guest_New
guest_New

I love the smell exceptionally. Its awesome and stays longer. Its fresh and gives me a feeling of being charged everyday.

guest_mseidoom

I brought this online once, it smelled a little like "mothballs" faintly. Does anyone agree with me? Could it be I had an old bottle?

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I love the way this smells and I can occasionally wear it.. but it is a very loud, strong fragrance. I only put on a spritz and I'm surrounded by a cloud of this scent all day long which tends to get annoying after a while. I have had many compliments but this one I can't wear as much as I would like.

2007

Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren 3.88 out of 5 based on 654 ratings and 134 user reviews

RALPH LAUREN BLUE for WOMEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 1.3 OZ
RALPH LAUREN BLUE for WOMEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 1.3 OZ
Ralph Lauren Blue Perfume by Ralph Lauren, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
RALPH LAUREN BLUE for WOMEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
RALPH LAUREN BLUE for WOMEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Ralph Lauren Blue Perfume by Ralph Lauren, 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
RALPH LAUREN BLUE for WOMEN by Ralph Lauren EDT SPRAY 4.2 OZ
Ralph Lauren Blue 'Escape into the Blue' Holiday Set 112 Value
Ralph Lauren Blue 'Escape into the Blue' Holiday Set 112 Value
Ralph Lauren Blue 'Escape into the Blue' Holiday Set 112 Value One Size
Ralph Lauren Blue 'Escape into the Blue' Holiday Set 112 Value One Size

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Ralph Lauren Blue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Ralph Lauren Blue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ralph Lauren Blue by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.