Designers » R S » Floral Fruity « Groups

Romance Ralph Lauren for women

Romance Ralph Lauren for women Videos Romance Ralph Lauren for women Videos Romance Ralph Lauren for women Videos

Romance is a scent of romantic love and intimate moments full of joy and happiness, with an endlessly positive aura. At the beginning of the composition the notes of rose blend with citrusy oils and receive an unusual, unique melody. The pellucid flower of water lily, lily and romantic white violet give this perfume its silent grace and the spicy notes of carnation and ginger refresh. Patchouli, oakmoss and white musk finish the composition gently. The perfume was created by Harry Fremont in 1998.

Ginger Chamomile Lemon Yellow Freesia Rose

Feminin Pluriel

Romance Fragrance Reviews

Chole0605
Chole0605

Romance is such a nice perfume! Fell in love with it as soon as I smelled it! I'm a big fan of floral perfumes that doesn't smell quit sweet, and this is the exact thing! To me this perfume is on the clean, oceanic, and rosy side. It's light enough to use on a daily basis, and not too light for a night out. Though not a unique scent, but still perfect!!

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

When I first smelled it in 1998 I was a bit disappointed - not that it was bad, but I had simply expected something richer, fresher and more surprising. Romance was just an elegant floral and nothing more. Now, as trends have changed so much, I'm beginning to fully appreciate - if not adore - Romance. To me, this is the essence of floral elegance and feminity, I wouldn't hesitate to wear this on a most official occasion as well as on a romantic evening or a day out in the wild. I'll surely get it one day and this day will be a very special one for me.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I really enjoy the ginger top note in this. It carries with it an innocent sense of optimism, a vibrant freshness. Ah, I can get with that interpretation of first love. But it becomes a very clean floral very quickly and I'm not sure that hotel bathroom soap is my idea of romance... though I can see the potential connection.

Once it enters this stage I can't pick out rose, or any other distinct note for that matter. It's just a heavy bouquet of indistinct florals that gets louder on me as it sits. Or maybe like having to sit through the torture of a continual dripping, I get progressively more sensitive to its noise. I don't know if I have the grace to give it a third chance.

I'm sorry, Ralph Lauren. I did try.

celcia.snow
celcia.snow

I heard about this from a co-worker from my first summer job in the 2000's. She smelt so good that I just had to know what it was! She got sweet notes while I surprisingly got rosey citrus notes which was great! Every time I sniff this fragrance, it makes me feel so happy, like the feeling of falling in love with someone for the first time or being with that special someone that gives you butterflies each time you see them. This stuff really is like a love potion in a bottle. It lasts a moderate amount of time on me. The opening is a strong rose, citrus, and ginger and the dry down is sweet... can't exactly point my finger on what it is but it's so beautiful! Sadly, I heard that this perfume has been reformulated and smells completely different (why!?) so I panicked and bought an extra 3.4oz. bottle on eBay from 2007. I can live without all my other perfumes (as it doesn't bother me that so many have been reformulated recently) but I simply cannot live without Romance.

Prue.sarah
Prue.sarah

This is one of my all time favourite scents. So fresh and long lasting. Always get compliments when I wear it.

LucreziaNKA
LucreziaNKA

Very generic, nothing special...it's your --- average or below I should say, because there some really amazing florals out there--- fragrance.

anilongoria
anilongoria

This frag is my all time favorite,not for every day,but for special romantic moments.Very classy,feminine and long-lasting on me.

fiouu
fiouu

Wore only one time. Massive headache, gave it to my mom. Same on her. Straight to charity. So many cheaper perfumes out there smell like this.

SIM2014
SIM2014

This is a nice one it's very light but stands out at the same time.

lepalm
lepalm

Very light, barely there. If you like that in a fragrance, this one is perfect. This one and all of the other Romance flankers managed to stay completely off of my radar until the release of Midnight Romance (which I purchased and absolutely love) earlier this year. I thought Midnight Romance was light daytime scent so the even lighter original is definitely a no go for me.

antihero
antihero

A pretty, very feminine fragrance.

I found this in my mother's closet, almost full, forsaken for the sexy Gucci Rush I gave her years ago.

Romance still smells good. I will happily wear it.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

RL Romance holds a lot of memories for me. I was actually working the cosmetics counter in Palais Royal (Stage Stores) during my senior year of high school when this was released. I loved it but never actually owned it.

It was so dang popular, bought by tons of men for every holiday, birthday or special occasion for their mom or significant other. It was hard to keep in stock. This turned me off to actually purchasing it for myself even though I loved it.

Now that it's far less popular, I decided to pick up a rollerball from Sephora for a trip down memory lane.

And I'm so glad I did because it smells EXACTLY like I remember. Granted, I see some people talking about reformulation, which is probably true, but it still smells the same as I remember; very fresh and clean, with a pinch of spice that hints at masculinity, though it remains very feminine.

I love to dab this behind my ears and on my wrists after a shower. I adore Romance.

sandraperdigao89
sandraperdigao89

This is a very pleasant, non offensive fragrance. Not a head turner, but you will also not offend anyone. Great for every day use, and more appropriate for Spring/Summer. Very nice, it's a good buy if your looking for something more casual.

teadrinker
teadrinker

This is a fresh, crisp floral with distinct perfumey notes underneath. This is a nice enough scent, but it really isn't anything special to me. It's one feminie floral perfume out of many. I don't mind wearing it, but it doesn't really do anything for me either. Pleasant, but not special.

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

This is a beautiful clean floral. I think the base notes are the unsung heroes of this scent, as they prevent the florals from becoming too cloying. I love this as my wear-to-work perfume.

beatrix75
beatrix75

what a love what a lovely beautiful frag perfect on my skin working with my chemistry really flowerbommb fresia its what i detect more its clean but varm its soft but strong its just perfekt signature frag

Magdalena23
Magdalena23

Not a positive review,I am sorry... Nothing romantic about it,ginger really ruined it for me! Sharp,loud,metallic opening,acidic and androgynous,boring messy middle notes,masculine dry down.I am trying hard to find a positive thing to say,but I really can't.Huge disappointment...Romance and my chemistry is a match made in hell!
P.S I hate posting negative reviews,but I honestly believe they are just as helpful for the readers as the positive ones. They help avoid expensive mistakes and major let-downs,especially if your chemistry is as tricky as mine...

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

What a disappointment...it's so light that I can just barely smell it an hour after spraying. Was a pretty rosy floral that had some promise in the beginning, and then it settled into something slightly similar to Givenchy Very Irresistible but softer, without the "somewhat metallic" quality. It's that quality that makes Very Irresistible stand out and ultimately got me to buy it, but this might be a better alternative if you don't care for that sharpness and want something more floral, but it's too light for me personally. I was expecting more from a '90s perfume :(

Maine_girl
Maine_girl

I want to like this perfume...I keep reading the notes and the reviews, and thinking it's one I want. Then I try it, and remember why I don't! I think I've been through this cycle three times so far...I think I like it, I test it out and have to scrub it off, then in a couple of weeks I start thinking that maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. This is the last time! I definitely do not care for this scent! To me, the opening is not fresh or clean. I don't pick up any individual notes, just floral. The dry down, however, is the worst for me. It is very masculine on my skin, and actually reminds me of a spicy men's cologne, like one that my father used to wear. I just don't get the hype over this fragrance...this one is not for me.

becuille
becuille

About 10 years ago, I could not be parted from this fragrance, but these days, it's very, very occasionally that it even occurs to me to wear it. I don't think I can fully blame the perfume for that - I think we just grew apart (it's not you, it's me).

Rose is the most prominent note here, tempered nicely by hints of ginger while the lemony offers a soapy quality in the opening, easing off in the dry down.

A little goes a long way here. 2 spritzes is more than enough or I find the scent ends up wearing me.

This fragrance has some other elements, but it remain an unashamed floral. It doesn't try to be subtle about it. Everything here is designed to allow the florals to take front and centre stage.

These days, I just find it a little in-your-face for my personal taste. I'd rather wear a more nuanced floral. Is this perhaps a slightly dated scent? Is there such a thing? Maybe it's just me.

Longevity is excellent and the sillage here is strong - I once wore this to an old boyfriend's house and he smelled it as he was opening the door to me.

Overall, it's pretty, floral and clean, just not for me any more.

Daphne du Maurier
Daphne du Maurier

Romance, unlike Safari, has survived reformulation, though it has lost its bittersweet poignant quality, which was really beautiful and unique.

It still has an airy, "windy" feeling to it, which I really like, and a subtle masculinity to balance all those florals - subtler than before, actually. It is still my signature after all these years. A go anywhere, any time, any season floral, feminine but not girly. It's gentle, but has backbone.

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

Used this years ago, a gift from my husband. at the time I loved that pure clean sharp and rose fragrance. However, the dry down became sharp on me and that was a pity. Also would have wished for greater longevity. Having said this I received compliments when wearing it. So I think certainly a great fragrance on the right lady.

scentsory
scentsory

I wore Lauren in the 80's and loved it and thought this was worth a try. I have to say the floral notes are very strong to me and so intense that "romance" is lost. Too overpowering with the floral for me but if you like these floral notes it may become your favorite. Use it sparingly, 3 spritzes.

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

Romance y yo nos habíamos topado muchas veces y nunca habíamos hecho clic; hasta que un día, lo probé en mi piel y nos hicimos amigos; Romance para mí es como una versión rebajada de Pleasures de EL, no son iguales, pero transmiten lo mismo: alegría, limpieza, feminidad. A diferencia de Pleasures, este no genera en mi un toque metálico y eso es lo genial de él.

Dura TODO el día, y algo tiene que llama mucho la atención cuando lo uso; para mí, Romance es un perfume acuático, floral, alegre, fresco, chispeante, se los recomiendo!

Edito, no se que paso, pero me da dolores de cabeza :(, termino intercambiado.

lizzie81
lizzie81

This one is a very generic, light, fresh floral. Top notes are very clean florals, freesia and a Lily of the valley type thing. I do not get any of the other lovely florals mentioned in the description. I'm not a huge fan of freesia or fresh florals therefore am destined to be unimpressed by this offering. For me I get a distinct pepperish note, I am assuming it is the ginger, I normally love ginger but here it gives the impression of that pepper smell when a perfume has turned (perhaps it had?)

All in all it's just something I feel I've smelled countless times before, quite boring and uninspiring. I was a little more impressed with the dry down, which does as another reviewer has mentioned give off a mens cologne type smell, that for me is the nicest part of this frag, as I'm rather partial to mens cologne. I certainly would not buy it personally as it does nothing for me, it leaves me competely cold. That being said this is a very safe type of fragrance, someone may like to wear to work or etc. I can't imagine this offending anyone, it is a pleasent smell albeit rather generic.

Patchouli?? Oakmoss? Woods?? not on me, would NEVER have thought there was a hint of my beloved patchouli in the mix. Perhaps I never get that far as it disppears very quickly on me.

Chiquis
Chiquis

I just received a sample of Romance and I think this is a very nice, light, fresh and clean floral fragrance. The name Romance is perfect for it. It is very “girl next door”… Very innocent. I could see someone wearing this to meet her boyfriend’s mother. It gives that good girl image.

SandiBeech
SandiBeech

This is a weird one on me. It starts of as a nice and inoffensive floral, but the drydown smells like men's cologne.

sjam3295
sjam3295

This starts off as a lovely rose floral scent. The problem for me is the chamomile note that appears about half an hour in. This is a note I really do not like; it smells mouldy and bitter to me, and unfortunately spoils what is otherwise a very beautiful perfume.

rockegg
rockegg

Soft, and girly, with a fresh start. I'd like this a lot better if it lasted longer. I would recommend this for wearing to an office. I can't imagine anybody being offended by this.

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

I have been in love with this fragrance for a few years. It is the only rebuy perfume that I cannot seem to move from. It is feminine without being too, too flower bed girl scent. The combination of the musk, spice and wood balance the floral notes exceptionally well. Longevity and sillage is moderate but can be enhanced and prolonged if combined with the body lotion.

Krishna Kiani
Krishna Kiani

Romance is in the air. This fragrance is clean fresh, flowery & a bit spicy. Soapy clean fresh. Suitable for everyday wear. Feminine, romantic, confident, simple & happy. Good longevity too.

mluckyg
mluckyg

Romantic, clean and quite refreshing fragrance. Blend of light rose, lily, lotus, spicy ginger and chamomile.
The drydown is a bit musky, white musk musky. I think this is quite safe and likeable fragrance, could be worn on a date and in the office.
The best I like from Ralph Lauren House.

redrapturelove
redrapturelove

This is a very beautiful and elegant fragrance. All of the floral notes combine in the most unforgettable bouquet that seems to create an instant romantic aura around those that wear it. It reminds me of weddings, garden parties,soft summer nights and beach breezes. I love the commercials that endorse it, they are an amazing depiction of what it can feel like to wear and enjoy this fragrance. Love and romance are special parts of life and so is this scent.

wendyangeln
wendyangeln

This is such an unexpected treasure! This is the 2nd bottle I've owned of Romance, and it's really never been a 'wow' for me. My first bottle was a blind buy and was nice enough (but I found it so sharp), I had to make myself finish it, then this Christmas somebody bought me a bottle and I groaned inwardly like "what am I going to do with this?"

GIRRRRLLLLLLL! LATELYYY... what has happened?! This is so beautiful! Last week I picked this up, I said "Ok 2014, let's shake it up a bit" and good Lord, this juice has me all discombobulated and upset like "where have you been, boo?"

It is a beautiful, clean, delicate floral. I cannot detect that sharpness any longer. I thiiiiink, that it was sharp to me in the beginning because at the time I was 17 and a stickler for sweet, sugary, vanillary fragrances, so any floral might have been a tad too stark for me. My taste has evolved a lot and I am now a devoted Floral Femme. Whatever the case may be, this stuff is making me feel a lady in EVERY SENSE of the word. It is beautiful, delicate, recognizable and VERY WEARABLE. Gorgeous at every stage, it is very fresh-floral at the top, rosey floral at the heart and the drydown is a SENSATIONAL powdery rose. OH YESSSS. This may be chucking Chloe as my grab-any-time-and-it'll-do-me-good fragrance.

Love.

Dee5
Dee5

My signature fragrance! I absolutely love this perfume. I fell in love when I smelled it in a Macy's catalouge. I had to have it in my life! I prefer ambery, musky scents so I am still surprised I like it this much because it smells floral. It is a little strong for those of you who do not like strong scents but it lasts all day. I need to shower to get it off. This will forever be on my vanity. Well done, RL!

Aeris
Aeris

Sometimes simple is better. I expected this to be a generic scent, but it's more so of a simplistic beauty. I mainly detect rose and chamomile with a hint of ginger. It's so soft, romantic, innocent, and pure.. with a ever so slight edge from the ginger. It's innocent, first love in a bottle. I found myself using the sample vial several days in a row. That never happens since I'm usually ADD with having to try something new everyday. I think I need to buy a bottle ;). The Romance Always Yours was beautiful as well. It has more edge, powdery musk, and sillage. I'll get whichever one is easier to find because I love them both. I feel inclined to try more from the Ralph Lauren line now. Even if I don't have a lover at the moment, I can feel an aura of romance when I spray this on and fall in love with love itself. Yes, this perfume is for you cheesy romantics out there. The ones who long for candlelight dinners, walks on the beach, hand holding, soft kisses, romantic comedies, fresh picked flowers, daydreaming, caresses, love letters, moonlight serenades, and all that jazz. :)

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

This used to be my go to fragrance for years and one day I just got sick of it. I have no idea why. It's very feminine and pretty. Roses and lily with the ginger is what comes out to me most.

It's been a long time since I could wear this again. It just does not appeal to me anymore. It's very clean and pretty. Slightly musky with some exotic woods in it as well. There is a hint of moss and citrus. I think when this came out it was very unique but now it seems like most fragrances are this way. Very sad :(

pipergirl
pipergirl

Romance is such a pretty, fresh, gentle floral-rose scent. Very simple, non-fussy, clean and even a bit romantic. I can't imagine this being offensive to anyone.

glassjules
glassjules

Weirdly this smelled good on paper and much more floral. Spraying it on however, I feel like I'm overwhelmed by men's body wash smell. Nothing feminine at all until about an hour in. Definitely a unisex scent which surprises me by the notes listed as predominant, and the name and branding. Oh well. Maybe i will give it to my hubby! Ha, but it's too pretty a bottle for him to believe he could wear it.

ekrapf
ekrapf

Lol this was quite a shock because the other Ralph Lauren fragrances smell good on me, but this one smells like BO / sweat / hormones smell....not feminine smelling on me at all. I tried it out on multiple days without anything else interfering with the smell, and still no better than before :(

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

This, most definitely, has been reformulated. I'm guessing because of the oakmoss. To balance this composition out while lowering the amount of oakmoss, they had to bump up the ratio of the other notes.

I don't get the rose at all like I did when I wore this back in 2003. Instead, I get a chamomile overload for a good while before it finally settles. What a nasty surprise. It drowns out all the other notes in the top and heart of this composition. By the time the base notes come in, the chamomile is better, but still quite present. A half an hour to an hour later, this is wearable for me, but I have to get through the pollen duststorm of chamomile first to get there. Perhaps my body chemistry changed so that may be contributing to this outcome. Still, it's quite disappointing.

Hope at some point this can be restored to its former glory. So many beautiful fragrances ruined because of these reformulations imposed by the IFRA. If allergens are present, why not put warning labels? Why kill a fragrance with reformulation making it unwearable for others only to satisfy a small 3%? This just replaced one supposed allergen with another. Those with hayfever stay clear of this. The chamomile in this will send you running for your medications. It would have been better to discontinue it rather than trying to fool the public.

Edit: Staying power is really good! Spraying while the lotion is damp on your skin and spraying away from your face helps to keep the chamomile down.

UPDATE: OK. Applying this while lotion is still damp on the skin definitely keeps the chamomile down. An unscented lotion will work. I use Vaseline Intensive Rescue for extra dry skin. Sells for about $5 at Target. Also doing that makes the longevity of this extra long. I applied it at 5:30 this morning and now it's 7:45 in the evening and I can still smell it on me without topping up during the day. Also, it was in the 30's here this morning with highs in the 50's this afternoon. This scent didn't run from the cold and stayed with me all day.

MsDana
MsDana

I got as sample of this, and I am really loving it. A fresh floral rose scent with a spicy undertone is right up my alley! A wonderfully balanced fragrance IMO. A beautiful floral scent without being overly "girly".

Sayyy
Sayyy

I usually like super sweet, Fantasy like fragrances. But this one is just so beautiful. So fresh and clean.
After a couple of hours, it does smell a little unisex, but I still like it. I'd say it's perfect for an office or a casual lunch.

sharmaae
sharmaae

Oh dear...I'm really sorry I can't distinguish what I dislike thouroughly about this...again it is probably to do with how badly it sits on my skin and would smell lovely on somebody else...but it is way too sweet and annoying to be enjoyable for me. Spicy, maybe, but too overpoweringly sweet. I'm saying sweet...but now that I look at the notes they are all floral...too many flowers all together that don't compliment or agree with my nose...it's not a linear scent but it doesn't have any depth...if that makes any sense..

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

I had a sample of this that I used up during the Summer and at first I wasn't a big fan, but it definitely grew on me. It comes out as a crisp, light floral with a bit of spiciness to it. It's soft and clean, edging on what could possibly be a men's cologne, but somehow retaining femininity. I think this is nice if you like to smell just-showered or if you need a little refresher on a hot summery day. A good casual daytime scent!

Fridaime
Fridaime

Me encanta esta fragancia, en mi piel queda muy limpia dura horas, es femenina algunas veces la siento como muy floral, otras veces un poco cítrica para terminar con un toque amaderado. Me gusta en esos días que no hace frío y tampoco tanto calor, yo diría mañanas de primavera u otoño. No es pesada, pero muy sexy. No molesta a las personas a tu alrededor, he recibido buenos elogios con ella. Pero aún no encuentro otra como el Calandre de Paco Rabanne. Esa tenía todo lo que yo necesitaba en un perfume. Es cuestión de piel (pH de la piel como dicen algunos) me quedaba increíble, mientras que a otras personas no.

nora.abbas1
nora.abbas1

i bought it yesterday its strong long lasting a bit spicy and fresh but am 24 years old and i think its for middel age women

zaynaz
zaynaz

Where the heck is the rose in this? It goes on smelling like fresh mint, then the chamomile comes through loud and clear (I had to make myself some chamomile tea to remind myself what it smells like, which was a good reminder of why I don't drink it). There's a little bit of ginger, dried rather than fresh. I smells clean and kind of bland. I doesn't have the strength of a lot of 'clean' fragrances, it just disappears on my skin after smelling of musty chamomile for a while.

I just don't see the point to this. If you want to smell inoffensively floral there are many scents that accomplish that, So de la Renta springs to mind because I wore that yesterday. If you want to smell clean there are scents that do that better, CK One is the gold standard, or Estee Lauder Pleasures, both leave a bit more of an impression than this. It's not bad, it's just 'meh', I'll admit fragrances like this aren't my cup of tea (especially chamomile...) but even so the sillage and longevity on my skin make this pretty disappointing.

Layzie
Layzie

Romance starts off with a fresh burst of florals. My initial response is, "Oh, that's nice." It isn't interesting, but it's so pleasant that you come back for more. Once it settles, you realize that it's well worth it. The lemon note enters with a hint of ginger to amalgamate with the floral notes. The way it blends with a woman's skin...there's such a grace about it. Romance is a beauty.

Sweetfragrance
Sweetfragrance

I hate the initial scent when I spray it on, but in about an hour the dry down kicks on and it smells amazing.

jake.shouse

I just got Romance again and It is strong and clean rose scent I like it! This does hold has great staying power!

Centsless
Centsless

This is such a pretty fragrance. I wore it very often in college and would still wear it today at 30. It's lovely but like others have said, nothing outstanding.

mell
mell

This is my go to fragrance for seriously hot weather, even on 100+ days it never gets cloying or overwhelming.It is fresh and clean an elegant, graceful perfume. I could imagine wearing this to afternoon tea with your great aunts, with lace and pearls and white wicker chairs with roses growing over trellises. When ever I wear this I always feel beautiful and feminine. It brings to me a sense of peaceful calmness. It has excellent longevity, good sillage and makes a good office scent.

andabri
andabri

On me this just smells incredibly musky and floral and clean. I smell the carnation and lily most. I wish I got rose and ginger, that sounds like an interesting combination. It's a clean scent in the sense this smells like someone's freshly shampooed hair. This is super feminine to my nose; the type of scent a woman wears with long flowing dresses and long flowing hair.

It's a little bit of a conundrum to my nose. I would classify it as a light fragrance, but at the same time it can almost be too overwhelming for me.

jake.shouse

I'm wearing this as we speak and it is sharp and spicy rose scent I kinda like it but don't love it and once gone will never rebuy! But it is clean and fresh that's the only thing I like about it..... Not a bad perfume just too spicy I think for me!

joliecat
joliecat

I received Romance in a swap - Thank You SO MUCH, exciter76 !
Romance is clean, refreshing, different from the other fragrances I own. Romance is Perfect for anyone who wants a not-too-sweet Rose scent with bright crispy very green, fresh notes.
Ginger gives Romance a bright kick, enhancing the green notes. Romance is sparkling, classy, fresh, and inviting. I don't find it fruity at all. Romance is more green, crispy, like a bunch of lush red, freshly cut roses. Oak moss helps the fragrance last all day. Musk softens all the sharp edges.
After about 3 hours, Romance becomes a skin scent on me, and lasts forever until I wash it off.
I am loving Romance ! It's perfect for the office, or for daytime use anywhere. I don't find it sultry or sexy, just bright, refreshing, clean , classy, and beautiful !

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

On top of the pretty floral notes there is a sharp and spicy smell from the ginger, carnations and zesty lemon that I don't find romantic at all to be honest.

love45
love45

Romance is in the air! I smelled this from a fashion magazine I was reading. It is just beautiful and soft, fresh, sweet and just amazing! This is a perfume I can see myself wearing for sure! I find it to be very easy to wear because it is so soft, elegant and beautiful! ;)

jake.shouse

I like Romance sometimes! Very strong but very Uni-Sex too me I love heavy scents. My Ex boyfriend Matty bought me a bottle 2 yrs ago I loved it at first but that was a bad break up and when I wear Romance all I think of is my Ex Matty and it makes me hate it I don't hate the smell at all I like the smell abit spicy at first but it is a pretty scent This is my 3rd bottle of Romance since 2011 and I mean the full 3.4 ounce which is costly 80 for a bottle that size i sold one bottle than my aunt gave me her bottle of Romance which was half full and i am trying too enjoy it like i did the first time i smelled it my world stopped it was unlike anything i had ever smelled and i fell in love with it... Now i wear it sometimes but i may not rebuy it once gone or i may it depends if i can wear it and not think about my piece of shit Ex... LOL!

Member007
Member007

I always passed it by until this spring. Usually i thought Romance is quite boring and plain. But i was wrong. Because of it i am falling in love with all Ralph Lauren perfumes.
Most of all i feel roses and green notes. There are days when it smells more of flowers, the next one gets more spicy as man cologne or musky. Sometimes i find it so classy and sexy as Chane/Dior range perfumes. Lately i tested Lola by Marc Jacobs and also noted something in common.
Men tend to love it. Especially sprayed in clean hair Romance smells really sexy :)

pansylady
pansylady

On me, Romance is all about woods and spices, with only a hint of rose. Linear, good potency and longevity-

Reminds me of Avon Crystal Aura and Herve Leger Femme-

I think I would like this much better in the fall and winter months- we cracked 103 Fahrenheit today, and Romance was a touch too much in this heat.

Ttirem3
Ttirem3

It's too heavy for me; too spicy--it smells like a man's fragrance--it's over the top and harsh. It never settles except to provide me with a long lasting headache!

Latindancer
Latindancer

Sampled a spritz of this on my wrist from a bottle of it in my friend's bathroom, and i have to say this is 'love at first spritz' for me! What a pleasant surprise from a boring looking bottle! It is a light, fresh floral scent, not at all sharp or cloying. It smells so clean and embraces you with this wonderful pink and white aura of love and simple happiness, i love it! Reminds me of all the carefree and happy moments, times when you can just be yourself and enjoy the beautiful moments in life. Watched the promotional videos and they are amazing! Totally depicts the essence of this perfume. I am in love! Will certainly get a bottle of this in near future, just wished it wasnt this pricey!

One slight drawback, the sillage is pretty minimal and it isnt really long-lasting at all. What a pity, i wish to swim in a ocean of this!

timida88
timida88

Romance has so much faces! One day it was classic and almost Chanel kind of perfume. After some time i tested and it bloomed as juicy bunch of roses. The last time it was green and unisex. Loving that chameleon character and gonna add it to my wish list :)

SandraV
SandraV

I hadn't smelled this in a long time and just sampled it again today.It still is as wonderful as I remember but it seemed like another scent I had and I realized(probably due to the prominent oakmoss note)that it has some similarities as VS Bombshell.The VS scent also borders on unisex but this one has more floral notes that edge it a bit closer to the 'feminine side'.I think I will be enjoying this one a lot in the summer months-very crisp and fresh.:)

FreshAir
FreshAir

This one starts off quite strong and almost spicy. There is a definite masculinity to it but at the same time dries down to be clean and a bit soapy. It is a nice everyday scent.

Atreyu_Crimmins
Atreyu_Crimmins

I’m a fan of Ralph Lauren perfumes; Safari is one of my all-time favourites. While Romance is clean and beautiful, there is nothing particularly interesting about it nor is it sensual enough to be one of my favourites (I’ve a penchant for heady, vintage offerings). But sometimes, Romance strikes a quiet and calming tone of contentedness and this is why I like it. I would certainly recommend this for daily use and it's perfect for the office; I enjoy applying a spritz to my bed linen too. Light and charming.

Pooja37
Pooja37

I wanted a clean, feminine rose scent for summer to add to my perfume collection which mainly comprises of balmy, strong orientals bordering on exotic like Dior addict, Rochas Femme, RL's Safari & Guerlain's entire range from Mitsouko to Samsara. After reading the reviews here, I decided to spring for a bottle of 'Romance'. What's life without a little variety, eh?

Now, blind buys usually give me palpitation because in most cases the real thing turns out to be very different from general perceptions and I end up gifting them away but hats off to fragrantica members here - first sniff, and I am in love.

This is just what I wanted, a clean and beautiful summery rose, that is not cloying at all but soothing and oh, so beautiful!

Aptly named romance, the perfume itself is colorless, clear and comes in a no frills but elegant glass bottle. While the fragrance opens light, delicate and feminine, it is not weak and watery like the usual run-of-the-mill florals one comes across. Besides, so far, it smells wonderful on my skin's chemistry.

Have decided to wear this to bed tonight and I'm pretty sure I will get restful sleep and who knows, perhaps some pleasant dreams as well!

Safira
Safira

A truly feminine and very girly smell. I had a male colleague compliment me on this - so it definitely has some appeal on the opposite sex. ;)

It's an everyday kind of non intrusive smell. Flowery and fresh. Perfect for the office.

missmeaghanrose
missmeaghanrose

I love this! So pretty and feminine. I wear it on nice occasions, especially dates. :)

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

Rose and waterlily, oakmoss and white woods. You really can't go wrong. It's a perfect balance of very feminine top notes with well-placed masculine base notes. It is modern without insisting on itself, or on minimalism. Reminds me of a rich, cool woodline that gives way to a field where wild roses thrive.

Aly135
Aly135

For me this scent is a mix of Emporio Armani She (in a very light way) and some floral greenish scent with green apple and very soft flowers..just lovely, cant go wrong.

amaliamarinescu
amaliamarinescu

is timelles
i remember that once i received a magazine, i think VOGUE and it had a scented page with this parfume, i felt in love immediatelly
moskand yet clean smell but alo that kind of smell that you feel when you go to your godparents house
i dont know how to say it better but i remember that i wanted to have that parfume so badly
and after years i had it..i really like it
but after a while a felt change in the smell, it didnt not smell it like before when apllied
and with regrets i had to sell it

every perfume is full of memories and i consider that having more perfumes and change them according to moods is normal not something luxurious
i would rather buy perfume than an expensive cream

Jenniferr
Jenniferr

For about 10 years i wore only this one. It is a very pleasent, girly, light smell. Everyone encountered with it liked it. You can't go wrong with this one.

blacklibran1
blacklibran1

This one actually smells kinda unisex on me. Very clean fresh and fun a man that is very secure could wear this and no one one would think twice of it being a feminine scent. I feel scent is androgynous anyway

celebrity89
celebrity89

The magazines are advertising this again, and after smelling the strip I realized for the first time how much it has in common with Curve. If you're financially strapped you can pick up Curve for cheap in the smaller bottle almost everywhere(in the US).

cassiopeia09
cassiopeia09

This scent is very close to me as it reminds me of those intimate moments with a loved one. It has that romantic appeal that's very soft and unoffensive if not sprayed on too heavily.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

so special..clean, fresh, powdery..lasts on my skin a long time..and love all the notes

alkabad
alkabad

Floral and light. Lingering rose is pleasant and feminine. Not for me though, as I like something adventurous different and deep.

Insolent

I don't like strong, bitter,overpowering perfumes. I do like fresh, clean florals. This is 'nice' but dull as dishwater. It won't offend anyone and is pleasant but I wouldn't wear it again. Would make a nice first fragrance for an older teen girl.If you want to smell like everyone else
by all means buy it.

Kiku
Kiku

I'm not a big fan of modern scents(Yes, 1998 is modern to me. I love the classics), but this one is not too bad. The rose and citrus(grapefruit?) opening effortlessly becomes a lily/peony drydown with a bit of spice. "Effortless" is a good description for Romance: it is an "easy" perfume. Soft and smooth and silky it would not offend in any situation. A good all around fragrance.

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

When I was in my 20ies I loved wearing it. Just enough light rose for daily wear.

After having a baby something in my chemistry changed and it now comes out close to windex on my skin... which is too bad.

I have a 3/4 full bottle (3.4 oz) that I bought at Macy's - I'd love to trade it for something else, shoot me a message!

aveilhe
aveilhe

Romance is an intensely clean, fresh floral, with sharp notes of zingy ginger and lemon. This isn't romantic in a sexy way. It makes me think of an innocent, youthful romance -- swinging from tree swings on a balmy summer day, giggling as the sun warms your face, and a cute boy looks on admiringly.

There is a green quality that runs throughout the dry-down, which comes, in part, from the choice of fresh, watery floral notes: freesia, lotus, and lily (nothing heady or indolic here).

This is definitely not my type of scent (I like more warmth and richness in my perfumes), but it would be very appealing to those who dislike heavy musks or rich oriental base notes.

I can see why this is such a popular perfume for brides, as well -- it is like a traditional white wedding dress in a bottle: all innocence and expectation.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

This fragrance I really like - it is quite a neutral scent; always fits and it underlines nicely your personality.

babylima
babylima

smells clean and floral, i like how it isn't too sweet. however this is way too light and subtle. i don't know if it's me or what, but no matter how many sprays i used, the smell is still very weak to me.

cr9578
cr9578

This was my signature scent for a year or two in my early twenties. A few years later I have revisited it and unfortunately find it too sweet and lacking in depth. However it is a fun, feminine scent for a younger woman.

fb.candice
fb.candice

A little strong at first. The dry down is not a seductive or sweet kind of fragrance but classy and kind of aloof.

edeangelis
edeangelis

Smells completely of flowers, which is perfect for some people, but not me. For me, it never really made me jump with joy. Just okay.

Mons
Mons

I really wanted to love this fragrance; everything about it was appealing to me. I loved the advertising - so quintessentially American, two well dressed, beautiful people in the great wide open!! Sexy without being overtly sexual , no nudity, no thongs or wet bodies just coming out of the ocean. I thought it was so elegant, I bought the 3.7 - I always go for the big bottle, I will never learn.
There was something very sharp about this scent, it was like the top note that never went away. This sharpness seemed very masculine for a fragrance called Romance and marketed to women. Scrolling through these reviews, so many people wrote about the masculinity of this, they are correct. if you are looking for soft and overtly feminine, don't look here, this isn't it. I really did try to like it, I feel lucky in that my chemistry will allow me to wear a very wide spectrum of scents........ I just couldn't get over the sharpness here and I got tired of this after just a few uses, it isn't me and I couldn't pull this one off.
I found myself spraying it on everything just to use up the bottle and be rid of it. I struggle with Ralph Lauren's women's fragrances. I'm not sure if it is the base they all share or something else, but I just can't get into them. Sad because I really wanted to like this one.

rmadarang29
rmadarang29

I had this one as a gift . I'm not sure if the romance suit the name fir this. unisex scent I gave it to my husband. it's ok but not very appealing

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

Rose and me do not get along often, but I love the rose in this. It`s spicy, almost masculine. The ginger make the rose sharp.
It`s very well blended, I don`t pick up on the individual notes too much. I would never describe this as fruity as listed here. It`s strong but clean and fresh. I am surprised I like it this much, going by the ads alone (I know, I know, silly way to judge) I never thought this would appeal to me, but it`s very nice . A keeper for sure, I would even buy another bottle and I rarely say that. I don`t see this as being a romantic scent though, I would wear this with a black blazer, maybe for work or for a business party.

Edit: This does become more romantic as it dries down, a bit sweeter, fresher and muskier.

luna1234567
luna1234567

This is a perfect fragrance for daily wear...there's nothing too much or too little about it. It can be worn all year round and any occasion. It's simple, not wild but very beautiful and elegant. This is the perfect fragrance for a first date, it gives the vibe of a simple, down to earth girl. The name suits the fragrance quite well. I would also like to point out that this smells innocent. ...I'm not sure if that makes much sense. It's casual but not boring. If this fragrance had a face it would be the face of a beautiful girl who is well groomed but not high maintenance. ...not too much makeup...a girl who's a natural beauty. The kinda girl who is not materialistic. The kind of girl who can be a guys best friend and lover at the same time.

quiggle
quiggle

use this perfume sparingly as it can be very powerful and in turn, give people a major headache. two or three sprays would be more than enough to last a whole day (hot & humid environment for me here). the smell is a little too mature and could pass off as classy. best for working ladies in their mid 30s and above.

RighteousStarByDannyMotta
RighteousStarByDannyMotta

this perfume smells very good on my mom! XD this is her signature perfume.

lukkyme
lukkyme

I think Romance was & IS an instant classic . . .Im AMAZED at all the negative review's i really like this one it feel's 2 me like old faithfull/reliable when your not wanting something to sweet or out there THIS is the one i will grab it's comforting to me it's ethereal & girly with out being ''fantasy like or 'frilly'' this to me is how a person who just NATURALLY smell's good would smell clean & fresh & feminine 7 ROMANTIC . . . I do have MANY other's that i love & some that are sweet & some that are very heavy & it seem's like i have 2 be in a certain ''mood' for them :) this one is one i could wear everyday

knomrlse
knomrlse

Everlasting! feminine, delicious. Makes you charming !

IndigoBaby
IndigoBaby

Gives me a headache

satinandlace
satinandlace

To me it actually doesn't seem very feminine. Very fresh, almost too fresh, like soapy. I usually wear it for something professional. Others seem to like it on me, so I'll wear it during a daytime casual date. Not sexy, not mysterious, not complex. Straightforward.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

This is a nice romantic once a year in the evening kind of scent, but would I regularly wear it, nope.

yidansheng
yidansheng

The back note is musk, rosy, and still some hints of vanilla and patchouli left. CUTE!

rosembloom

I agree, it does resemble Godess by Avon but in a soapier way, with less sparkling notes but more warm and sensual ones. Indeed , if you dislike soapy scents, I would not recommend. It is a lovely scent for cozy days at home though. It calms me, puts a serene smile on my face. I also own Reserve and indeed it is reminiscent of it though it smells less like lily which turns on me. All in all, a very light, zesty , clean and uplifting fragrance that I do like very much but would not necessarily purchase dut to the fact I have so many similar scents.

shuchii
shuchii

Received a sample at the parfumerie. This smells very soapy on me. Like the romantic, nice smelling kind of soap your grandmother would use. Not bad, but not exactly what I was going for, or would be looking for in a perfume. Not a bad scent though, dries down well, has quite some silage on me, not sure about the longevity, still sitting this one out.

polkadot27
polkadot27

I ordered this online without testing it. It is a rather expensive scent costing £54 i was very dissapointed that i couldnt smell it in the slightest. Extremely soft barely there perfume, not worth the money in my opinion.

tareana
tareana

I got a sample of this (I can't bear to buy perfume before I try it) and I like it. It won't be a daily wear, but its a nice change from the sweeter scents I prefer.

mhubbard

Edit: just to add, this one seems to speak of class and education.

mhubbard

Definitely clean-floral-spice as others have noted, smelling like an expensive shampoo. Very pleasant, perfect for the office and fairly potent, so one or at most two sprays would be plenty and will last a good 6-8 hours, without offending others. I found a 100 ml bottle, a tester, for around 40 bucks, and I was pleased, but I probably would not be interested at some of the prices listed here. Its one of the few perfumes I own that I would wear year-round. The fragrance evokes old-fashioned, clean romance as opposed to sex-just to be clear, but my husband likes it. This is not a statement perfume, nor is it extremely unique, just very pleasant.

kristine oh
kristine oh

Somehow Ralph Lauren Perfumes got similar scent at the end notes.. Although this scent is floral on its top notes eventually it is overpowered by the white musk. Longevity is just ok. Sillage is quite poor. Not very cost effective with the type of scent and its expensive price.

julieanneh
julieanneh

I looked at this on special for $109 for 30ml, so hugely expensive. At this price I expected more. I agree that it is just an ordinary floral that didn't have a good longevity or sillage. It is nice though. If it was say a quarter of the price I wouldn't mind buying it for an inoffensive pretty floral.

stacey.donovan
stacey.donovan

I really wanted to like this, but I found it to be thin and ordinary. Wearing it made me feel boring, and it didn't seem to change much in the drydown. Despite the name, it smells much more appropriate for an office than a date.

vanilla1975
vanilla1975

Very fresh, flowery, spicy and long lasting. I just spray on neck or hair after shower and whole day I feel it lingering around. Good choice to young girl loving light perfumes.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I bought this some years ago looking for a "romantic" or "girly" floral because all of my fragrances tend to be mildly spicy and unisex in nature. In the store it smelled really nice but once I got it home This turn into a sour babypee-like monstrosity on me. I gave it to my teen niece and when I saw her again I asked what she was wearing . . . it was RL Romance!!! She smelled exactly what drew me to buy it in the first place. Really pretty, romantic and feminine. I gave her my DG The One Rose also . . . I realized that I have a hard time with roses.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I have a thing with RL perfumes---my skin loves them and I do admire the execution, plus the fact that they never give me a very bad headache.

For me, Romance is the perfect green fragrance. It is fresh yet has enough depth to prevent it from being too sharp. I regretted not getting it earlier as I do love green fragrances. To me it is slightly floral, slightly green and woodsy, but perfectly balanced---at least on me. I smelled this a few times on others but they over sprayed so they killed the supposedly intriguing part.

Overall, I really like it and use it often.

Update: I apply a tiny drop of the Nathalie Lorson's version of Zen before I spray Romance and the effect is very good. The windex greens are toned down and what you have is a woodsier Romance. This combo works very well for me.

melissakuhn
melissakuhn

my all-time favorite! I've been wearing this for over 10 years and can never find a scent that I like better. It is the perfect mix of floral, light, clean, fresh andd still unique and sexy while modest. I love this stuff.

sydneythekidd
sydneythekidd

Not a huge fan of this perfume, although I feel it could be very flattering on other women, I'm sure. It's very powerful so it should be applied with a light hand. Kudos to Lauren though for creating something that smells like a perfume, just that, and ideal perfume for a classic woman. Honestly, it's one of those fragrances that doesn't stand out from the pack in terms of interest BUT does because it is very different from the vomit-inducing fruity perfumes that dominate the market today, in a classy way. It certainly is mature-smelling...

milena
milena

I love this scent very fresh. a little musky and very soft floral. Beautiful ladylike fragrance you can wear everyday any time no matter what ocassion. The chemistry has to be right.

samira.arimas
samira.arimas

Um perfume simples e elegante. Fica no ar um aroma leve e delicado. Usei até o fim.

yanina.gelso
yanina.gelso

This scent might be boring for a lot of people but I think it depends on the body chemistry. On me it's unique, I've never tried a perfume similar to this floral. It's my signature scent :)
Everytime I wear it I get compliments, specially from men.
It's really femenine, sexy but at the same time elegant, definitely for a date in a beautiful night of summer! I also love to wear it in the morning if I want to feel fresh, feminine and confident.
It can be used every day of the year and in spring/summer nights if it works with your body chemestry.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Romance is a blah fragrance. It's clean and floral but boring. It isn't a fragrance I'd wear.

stylisheuropean
stylisheuropean

Ralph Lauren Romance is truely a bottle of "romance". Its scent has became one of my favorites.I love this Perfume!! It takes me back to the night I fell in love & shared a special moment with my boyfriend that i will never forget. :) my boyfriend also really loved it on me, & asked a few times what the fragrance was. I personally dont like mature floral scents but this perfume hit the spot with a perfect combination of floral, clean, fruity & elegance. Amazing!

gofruityourself
gofruityourself

this is a good one especially for gift giving.

Molliepops
Molliepops

Romance is my signature scent, without question. I have been wearing this frangrance for 12 years. I absolutely adore it. I guess the chemistry is just right for my skin, because it suits me so well. My friends and family always know to buy me this for my birthday and at Christmas.

My boyfriend loves it, he actually inhales me!! My friends tell me I always "smell so lovely" this scent doesn't offend anyone.

I never seem to find this fragrance discounted, I usually pay around £70 for 100mls. Because its quite expensive, I do try and wear something cheaper during the week to work. I have found "Just Pink" from the UK store "Next" smells very similar, but doesn't last as long. Nothing else really compares to my beloved Romance.

I love smelling it on my clothes and skin, like a comfort. I do try other scents from time to time, just because I think I should, but I always come back to Romance, no matter what. I never tire of wearing it.

To me, Romance is class in a bottle. Its elegant, not overstated, it doesn't try too hard, it just is.

Oh the smell of it!!!

dagnytaggart
dagnytaggart

I've been wearing this since shortly after it's debut in 1999. i get compliments on it from men & women, but mostly men. I love the scent. It's perfect for year-round fragrance. It has a clean powdery & floral quality to me. This will always be my main fragrance. I also use Citron de Vigne by Fresh & a Marc Jacobs limited edition Ginger scent. I am kind of glad this doesn't have a huge following because people never know what I'm talking about when I tell them the name of my fragrance. It's very memorable & sometimes when I haven't worn it in awhile & I pull it out to put on, the first whiff takes me back through a collection of memories of my past. All of my boyfriends have loved it.

stardust808
stardust808

beautiful and ethereal. this was my signature scent and still one i turn to often

mz.honey
mz.honey

When spraying it on, it can come off bit strong and my nose would get irritated, but it's a sensible perfume I would recommend to anyone. It actually lasts longer and it doesn't smell so cheap either. It smells really pleasant and refreshing. It definitely lives up to its name..."Romance".

adegetau
adegetau

It's the perfect scent, not to strong and stays all day long without you even noticing. And others like it.

tluneau
tluneau

This is such a nice, floral perfume--I get compliments every time I wear it. One of my favorites.

rosembloom

I am liking : Romance Always YOURS: Elexir de Parfum... fresh, feminine as can be, somewhat sharp and peppery. I did not find the Elexir so I wrote my mini's review here. So far, liking it. Love may follow in fall , who knows? Not so smitten with the sharp top notes but ever so fond of the creamy drydown that lasts till the next shower: great longevity.

powdepuff
powdepuff

i brought this unsniffed, next in the uk have an etxact copy of this called just pink. very nice and refreshing scent, really strong at the beginning, smell hits the back of your nose but after 15 minutes dries down to a lovely powdery sort of scent. very strong one spray is more than enough!

Light fruity floral fragrance!

Most of all I feel the lemon and freesia notes in it.

It smells nice, tender and romantic enough. I like this fragrance.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

Meh. This one is just too boring for me. The only note I can really pick out is rose but it's not even very prominent. It smells just like a mish mash of flowers, floral without anything to really give it personality. The drydown in soapy and just barely there. The longevity is really poor for an EDP I don't even get 4 hours out of it. If light florals are your thing you might enjoy this one.

rosembloom

I got a sample today and liked it as a fresh, clean, natural and feminine scent but it reminds me so of my Clean line! Florals turn that way on me : soapy and powdery. Very light and refreshing for summer and those who like a more suble scent.

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

I love this perfume alot, but i couldn't wear it again. It reminds me too much of a person i don't really want to remember. :(

gparedes143
gparedes143

i get a lot of compliments when i wear this, BUT i think its a lil to strong for me i sneeze non stop for the first 2 hrs, after the smell dies down i love it <3 sexy smell :)

marysiac
marysiac

A bit too strong for my taste but a nice floral scent none the less

Akasha66
Akasha66

My fav perfume for all Time ! Love is the right word for this smell, i'm always in love when I wear this one ! I like it in the winter Time ,like it in the spring ... Good for every season. I think that other luxury perfume brands - designers - should learn from RL ,this fragrance is PERFECT , stays very long, stays strong on the skin and people can notice that You smell beautiful. What more to want? Well this one is me,fits me perfect!
After many years with this fragrance I know there's no perfume that smells like this one
I always got to have it, and get so scared if someday RL will stop making it :(((((
My fav scents ar: Chanel Chance (both my fav with Romance),Allure,D&G Light Blue- fav summer fragrance , Dior Addict 2 ,DKNY be delicious
Marc Jacobs Lola is something smell a like

PeppermintCrush
PeppermintCrush

I love this perfume. It smells clean and fresh and feels very light/airy on the skin. I think this would be perfect for everyday use. A spritz or two in the morning will last most of the day.

Jan246
Jan246

a little overpowering, a heavy floral that doesn;t seem to evolve. didn't finish the bottle.

Carlee77
Carlee77

I've worn Romance for years, and still really like it. I'm not a huge fan of florals, but they're so perfectly infused with the soft woodsiness of this fragrance that they work. Romance is soft, feminine, and pretty. It can be worn in the daytime or for evening events. What I find interesting too, is that it smells good on everyone I've ever encountered who was wearing it. Very dependable fragrance.

Lune d'Ete
Lune d'Ete

no, this is nothing to write home about, it does not pack a punch like fracas does or, poison,or angel, or even j'adore, coco, etc. - and may be it does not belong in the museum of the all-time state of the art compositions, BUT - one does not always need it, or want it! It plays a nice accompaniment on the background to the woman that wears it. It does not wear the woman, and runs ahead announcing her presense. It just lingers lightly, sweetly and shyly, close to skin. It does not radiate miles ahead like nuclear waste, (borrowing this expression from Tania Sanchez, - I really like it, I always think of it every time I walk by an Abercrombie store - god i hate that smell). I think men who do not wear cologne would like this one on a girl they are out with, it is not offensive at all, like some of the famous heavy hitters can be to a virgin nose. It also slightly reminds me of Miracle once the top notes calm down, must the freesia and the ginger, but to start with, at the very beginning it does bring to mind Pleasures: same clean soapy lily-of-the-valley smell. The lotion makes you smell like you just had a shower. Makes the fragrance last longer too.

400blows
400blows

I like this one for its perversity. For me it starts off super-floral, clean and pure, seems to pass through something citrusy and later takes on resiny and sour notes. A bit like the progress of a romance :) The presence of that bracing non-niceness is the perfect foil to the initial prettiness. It's true that it's subtle, but there is definitely something to be said for the power of understatment in life. Something tactful to mitigate the boldness of some of the others I love.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I finally Got this and I've wanted it for so long.
I love the Layers of this Perfume..Its lovely!
At first I think it smells very much like J'adore but slowly warms down into a floral gingery musk.
I think this would be a great scent for a bride to wear on her special day.
Its funny because I'm picking up a slight scent of Scotch tape...The Real scotch tape,,Not the noname stuff. I love the smell of scotch tape actually and my Man used to own a bottle of Cologne that had a slight scent of Scotch tape in it as well and I loved it too :)
Maybe I'm just a weirdo LOL
I would recommend this one for sure :)

lettyb76
lettyb76

This reminds me of an older woman who used to be beautiful in her youth.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This used to be one of my favorites years ago. Clean floral that has amazing lasting power. There is also a slight hint of some spice in the background that keeps it from being too over the top green/floral. A classic!

Aspendina
Aspendina

Loved this scent, used almost a whole bottle before getting tired of it.

Betweenshades
Betweenshades

This was gifted to me. I see why it's popular; it's a clean, bright floral that would work for a lot of situations. However, it turned metallic and cloying on my skin and I ended up giving it away.

It's been a while, but I think I had the EDT vs the EDP.

amber.magee
amber.magee

I've been wearing it for 7 years and it never ages.I'm under 30, career minded lady &I love it! It goes on evenly and lingers far- lasting power is exceptional. I am a collector and usually only like to wear italian or french-made perfume( in my opinion, American made is always cheap smelling) but this is an exception. This is a sexy, crisp, sophisticated scent that can be worn any time of day, any time of year.It's my GO-TO when I can't decide which other scent to induldge in. I can't smell the rose in it ( and I would't of bought it if I could) The design of the bottle is not off-putting for me- as it's depicting how the fragrance smells- clean, sophisticated & simple
This is a staple in my perfume tray.
Other scents I adore: Miss Dior Cherie, Chanel Chance, Paco Rabanne-xs pour elle & lady million, La Perla-J'aime, Dolce and Gabanna- L'impertance (3), Angel-Thierry Mulger, Oxygen- Lanvin..and many others

ellachamp
ellachamp

love this one! the name says it all---ROMANCE. smell is noticeable without being too strong or overwhelming. it's perfect for date nights or for those days that you want to feel extra sophisticated and lovely. i gotta get me a bottle soon :)

Josefyn
Josefyn

Excellent perfume, tremendous power of duration. I wear it for 9 hours and continuous sniffing, much milder course, but there is ... and that it applied only once. is slightly more male than thought, but still feminine. I love its durability. Too bad that Ralph not last as long as this.

Exelente perfume, tremendo poder de duracion. Lo llevo puesto desde hace 9 horas y continua oliendo, mucho mas suave claro, pero alli esta... y eso que solo lo aplique una vez. es un poco mas masculino de lo que creia, pero sigue siendo femenino. Me encanta su durabilidad. Lastima que el Ralph no dure tanto como este.

twilight1234
twilight1234

this is a good perfume you can really smell the floral and woody smell- well, i can anyway. i would only change 1 thing- the bottle. COME ON!! i mean, who wants perfume with a dull bottle?!? i ceartantly do NOT!! but the scent takes me tothe sky. even if it gives me a tiny headache. nice one!!

9/10 :):):)

fleurdelis44
fleurdelis44

This to me is a well arranged citrus-meets-floral scent. While conventional, what charms me is its sure-handedness--no coquettish, little-girlish quivers here. The woodsy notes anchor the easy, crowd-pleasing sweet notes. This smells like a woman who acknowledges her taste for the picturesque, noncerebral pleasures in life and makes no apologies for it.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

A staple in my floral stash! Love!

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Ralph Lauren Romance is a very beautiful rose. It is very balanced and very romantic.

vuvubaribe
vuvubaribe

i really like romance but i dont love it. i like to wearing it when i want a basic clean and sorta mascaline smell.talking about mascaline i feel like this is one of those perfumes that some guys can pull of wearing at first(thats why so many guys like it).i aslso think its long lasting. why? well i wear it to school witch is like 8 hours long and still i smell it the next day on my sweateror tishrt. though i think the perfume is a bit storng at first. after awhile it melows down to like a medium strong.i think its a good perfume for thos people that like to have the clean sorta ton boyish look. like when i wear this perfume i usaully wear it when i have my heair up and in some kinda boyish but not to boyish look.different perfume go with differnet styles of clothing thats what i think.to me it starts off with that rose but not quite rose only smell. then after awhile it setlles into a more mascaline smell. now that im home and sniffing my sweater it smells more powdery and woodsy.

jventura489
jventura489

Like running through a grassy flower daisy field, with a white gauze dress on...so lovely. I really want this perfume, it's perfect for summer!

Taylortac
Taylortac

Overall, it's a pretty simple scent. Sweet, lovely, nothing particularly memorable about it . . . However, when I wore it, the number of compliments I received were mainly from men.

honolulumoon
honolulumoon

makes you think of a spring wedding. light and lovely

leaudecoco
leaudecoco

Its's a clean everyday perfume. At first it feels too strong but later it's something nice with a bit of spice. Nevertheless, I got tired of it and didn't enjoy the first sharp notes after applying.
Still, I enjoy it when I smell it on someone else.

shazhasacat
shazhasacat

Romance is a bit of a nothing perfume to me.

Nothing memorable at all just a dull, clean scent.

However, my boyfriend really likes it.

I wouldn't buy again.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

This is a soapy, clean, light floral. It's slightly spicy, slightly sharp. A bit citrussy as well.
I thought that the combination ginger-rose would be nice, but unfortunately not in this perfume. At least not on my skin.
It's just too clean. It reminds me of hospitals. Not that it smells like a hospital, but the smell reminds me of bright white walls and clean clean clean environments.
In the drydown it becomes a bit more spicy, but just not enough to give it some depth.
It might be shy, sweet and romantic to some people, but not to me, sadly.

Fre.peo.jas.fig7
Fre.peo.jas.fig7

Too sweet and not unique enough. Avon had a similar fragrance but it's not different enough and quite girly.

thinknice
thinknice

I was given this as a gift by my husband when we first started dated. I Loved it at first but now its just ok. I still wear it, just to wear something different than my usual Chanel fragrance. This is something I would recommend to a 16 to mid 20 year old who is going to school or "in love". There are very high floral notes which can easily give you a headache if you wear too much. It
does last all day.

catfactory
catfactory

I couldn't put my finger on exactly what this perfume reminded me of. But I have to agree with a previous reviewer who said Romance smells like roses mixed with Windex. That's a VERY accurate description as well as really a unpleasant scent on me. I'm glad I only have a sample vial. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Gosha
Gosha

I have received this from my boyfriend as an early Christmas present and I found it Oh, So Easily Likeable! :-)

Then I came here and found a list of suprisingly controversial reviews. So this fragrance has been described here as very sweet, lemony, sharp floral, with too much/too little pachouli, sultry, too light, too strong, girly, masculine, sexy, spicy, too powdery, elegant, warm, musky, boring, natural, chemical...
How can something this innocent be so controversial? :-)It must, indeed, react very differently with each skin.

I find myself in the same group with those who think that Romance is pretty, fresh, delicate, feminine, clean, little soapy, little flowery, little woody, little sour (just what I like), and yes, romantic. In about an hour into wearing it, the oakmoss, citrus and chamomile become more prominent on me and it is so cosy, almost herby and enchanting at the same time that I am bewildered by such a profound change from the rosy girliness.
It is, perhaps, romantic in a simple, jolly, easy way, perfect for being with your partner...cooking dinner together, laughing and lazying in the bed the morning after. Comfortable, but with a few surprises thrown in, little flirty and fun.

Tulip211
Tulip211

Not my favorite. But I get soooo many compliments when I wear it, that I just can't dislike it.

Very Floral and Feminine. Sharp at first, but settles in nicely.

Sarcenet
Sarcenet

At one time I used to love this and it was my daytime signature scent, but of late I like it slightly less. It's suddenly become too sharp and harsh for me at the outset, although I still enjoy the softer, woody floral dry down, and it's pleasant if I happen to sniff it on a scarf I've been wearing and accidentally sprayed. I guess it's rather generic too. There are a lot of sharp florals around like this. I am strongly reminded of L'eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraiche by Issey Miyake.

joey.tan
joey.tan

A bit strong for me....floral, woody, warm.

Ditto25
Ditto25

I like this scent. It is a fresh floral scent and really nothing special. I like it because while it is floral it still smells clean. I wear it on occasion and I would purchase this again. Overall I am not a fan of Ralph Lauren an tommy hilfiger fragrance because they all smell too masculine. This is one of the few that I find pretty and feminine.

karaaslang
karaaslang

my ex used to love this, god knows I have tried to like it but it is a big no for me..way too floral. yes I like florals but when they end up soapy, powdery and creamy after the musky last notes but this becomes floral stays floral...floral and floral... these kind of fragrances are bland, no uniqueness, no zest, no aura...if you want to smell nice, yes it is ok but if you want to make an impression with your scent, no.

crysna
crysna

Romance! smells like blossoming burst of flowers with a light clean toch, pretty nice romantic and feminine, with good sillage and average longevity. my bottle is alimited edition that comes with a silver ring on cap with a simply design for use it that simbolizes a true romance! so now i'm married to ralph lauren romance. love it!;)

cerebellum
cerebellum

I like this one, but I don't love it. I find it is a little strong and overwhelming, and if I use more than one or two light spritzes, I find myself worrying that I reek all day. I just bought a really small bottle of it, and I'm thinking that it is going to take forever to use it all up.

jinjun
jinjun

At first it only smelled of pears, then it became something really soapy and strong. yuck. now I saw gucci envy in the 'reminds me of' list and I think it really has something very similar.

scentedrat
scentedrat

Hate it! Very sharp and high-pitched on me. Super clean, soapy scent, which can often smell too screechy on me. But I really don't like this on anyone else, either. Very strong and very hard to scrub off! After about 30 minutes I was desperate to get rid of it, and I couldn't scrub it off.

sweetness10
sweetness10

This is one of my absolute favorite floral scents! It really suits my body chemistry and I'd describe it as an elegant, classic, expensive-smelling floral (NOT a young-woman or old-lady floral). It's definitely more of a medium intensity rather than light and a little goes a long way. I only spray it once on a pulse point and it lasts all day/evening. The only time I don't wear it is for daytime in Summer when I just use the body lotion because the body lotion smells lighter. It smells slightly harsh when it's first sprayed on but after a few minutes it mellows into a gorgeous, feminine, sophisticated and romantic scent. The bottle's plain and simple so I wouldn't be buying it to display the bottle but who cares when it smells this amazing?

rawan.natsheh
rawan.natsheh

I dont know how to get rid of this perfum, I got it but totally unable to recognize any note. to me it smells like air refresher. it doest last either!

Mad-Lainey

Romance is so chypre fruity to my nose.
I love the fragrance but it reminds me of some other fragrances too much; it is remarkably similar to John Varvatos, Badgley Mischka and Girordani White Gold.
Since I have the above three in my wardrobe, I will give Romance a pass.
It is lovely nevertheless I have far too many duplicates to add it to my collection.
Worth having if you love fruity fragrances with a distinct chypre undertone.

cekinney
cekinney

When I sampled this perfume, the first thing I thought of was old celery. When combined with the Patchouli, the fragrance is more of an unpleasant odor. I had three of my coworkers smell it (2 males, 1 female), and the consensus was that it deserved a wrinkled nose and disgusted face. This is the worst perfume I have smelled in a long time.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I like florals and I like this perfume on other people. I even bought is for myself at one stage but simply couldn't wear it. I can't even explain why but there is something about this perfume that disturbs me when I put on it myself. But it is not at all bad per se. You will just need to try wearing it to see make sure it is for you (as with any other perfume).

Snookums
Snookums

Romance smells like a garden filled with sweet peas.

Mad-Lainey

Romance is a lovely fragrance which yells with chypre fruity notes.
To me, it is a light version of Badgley Mischka EDP.
It is quite sweet and I cannot put my finger on where the sweetness is coming from as neither of the notes above suggest the vanillic/caramel sweetness.
Oakmoss is quite nicely pronounced in the drydown.
Overall, I will never purchase a full bottle as I prefer the much stronger identical version of Romance in Badgley Mischka flacon.

lieya von jay
lieya von jay

cant believe someone really notice this one on me of cos the compliment was something good to hear,,, :)i will describe this one as soft floral..

bettybooplennon
bettybooplennon

Este es de los tipos de perfumes que decepcionan, sin nada memorable mas que el precio, y no lo vale...
Huele a limpiador Fabuloso si existiera el aroma a rosas, que en todo caso si buscara un aroma barato pero agradable a rosas buscaria el TEA ROSE, no funciona en absoluto en la acidez de mi piel ni es agradable a mi nariz.
Lima con rosas es todo lo que puedo decir, rosa es mi flor favorita pero simplemente en esta fragancia no es de mi agrado.
Me parece que puede oler hermoso en una mujer vegetariana de mas de 50 anios que guste de las carreras de caballos.

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

Don't get me wrong but this scent reminds me cascade dish detergent. I tried this so many times but I gave up, always sneezing.

maraika
maraika

Romance is classy, elegant floral. I find it better in the springtime. On a cold day it doesnt't show all the notes, it's sharper and miss a little sweetness. But in spring and summer Romance is developing very beautiful - a bit of rose sweetness and spices. It's perfect for people who like clean, fresh and not so sweet fragrances. As it dries down it turns into a very cosy, pleasant aroma.

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

Very light floral that lasts next to nothing. Despite it being from a powerhouse of fragrance this is NOT worth it. Overpriced to have such poor sillage and lasting power. Not worth the money. Once more, I say look elsewhere for this type of scent. I would suggest, instead, trying Estee Lauder's Pleasures, SJP Lovely or Kenneth Cole Reaction for Her. Similar in scents but better lasting power and better priced.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I had this when I was 15. I loved it so much. I think I will buy it again. It's a safe scent. One for everyday wear.

aniston
aniston

Another "just an okay" scent for me. Poor lasting power too. Had to spray a lot to be able to smell it on you. Fortunately, was only given to me as a gift. Quite expensive too.

cisco
cisco

On me, this is a very nice floral. I do not smell any fruit and the base notes do not come through. I dislike the initial spray. It reminds me of Pleasures by Estee Lauder which I really dislike. Romance takes very little time to dry down to a very tradional floral. I do not find it too sweet. Unfortunately this acts like a skin scent on me. It has zero sillage and lasts four to five hours. If I had paid the full amount, I would be upset. I got a good deal and think I have a good summer fragrance.

A likeable, romantic, clean and very sweet floral. This might work for young girls but then again there are so many scents like this one out on the market.

Insolent

This is OK. The copy by Next 'Just Pink' sets off my allergies but this orginal doesn't. However, at first it smells a little soapy and cheap. It fades after say 30 mins into something more sophisticated but I see this as an everyday kind of perfume rather than something special for romantic nights.

perlaj
perlaj

quiet, innocent, pleasant and enjoyable

Louw
Louw

A pretty and long-lasting mixture of rose and lily with a slight muskiness to it, but there's nothing distinctive about it. It's a good, safe, inoffensive daytime scent.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

Gives me a headache a heavy floral, The bees will get you! You smell like big bunch of flowers!

THE Strong version of this perfume is Carolina Herrera Flore.
If you think this one being to expensive go for Flore. You might even get more value for your money !

sabina
sabina

Nice on my skin!

Martyna
Martyna

It's fresh, light and clean but unfotunately on my skin it reminds me of some sort of an air freshener. I was really looking forward to the drydown because woodsy notes and oakmoss looked so promising but sadly I never got to that phase because it was completely gone after 3 hours.

I can see how this can be great on the right person, but unfortunately it doesn't work with my skin.

Worth trying if you're looking for something light and refreshing in the floral category. I can smell lemon only right at the beginning and then it is just a nice floral with a slightly 'wet' feeling to it..

krissycat
krissycat

This is the first fragrance I ever received as a gift that I actually really enjoyed. The first 2 I received as gifts as a teenager were Poison and Vanilla Fields, both of which I didn't really like either scent too much. But Romance... that one to me was a breath of fresh air. To this day I smell the same bottle I received many years ago and it still smells good to me. It's not my favorite scent now that I've formed my own collection of my own picks but I will always keep my bottle of romance with me as it evokes memories of still being a teenager. Maybe some day I'll buy myself a fresh bottle because after so much time of sitting around I'm sure I'm not getting the best that this fragrance has to offer at this point.

olga1780
olga1780

Pleasant, but too boring and nondescript to my nose. I feel like it's a waste of skin and time to wear something like this.

Mr. Nose
Mr. Nose

Agréable. Romance by Ralph Lauren is delicate like a woman reading a good book. It's quiet there, but you do feel the feminine unique presence silently pulsing someway - naturally beautiful.

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

Nice smell...nothing I would write home to Mom about. Too bad it gives me a headache. Yeah its floral...and????

Fragrance
Fragrance

Really nice perfume.. I'm wearing it right now & I can't stop sniffing:) can't say it is a sexy scent, but it's very clean, feminine and soft as a baby. Suits well for a romantic evening..

glamrose
glamrose

This is a very romantic smell for evenings, some dinner dates, with your special someone of course. It's very magical because as time goes, it unwraps a scent that is worth remembering.

NNN
NNN

Am I in Heaven?
I must be! That's the only reasonable explanation!
Romance is such an angelic fragrance... Considering the pink bottle, you might think that you gonna smell something very floral, sweet and girly.
That's not the case... Romance is not that sweet, is actually more fresh than sweet, also very clean and delicate. It's not an obvious romantic fragrance, is more... ethereal...
If you like something a little bit more showy, with a greater sillage, don't try this one.
But if you wanna smell really good and don't disturb people around you, you'll probably like it!
I love it! Definitely on my wishlist.

pearlqueen
pearlqueen

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. It smells musky and masculine while at the same time, feminine.

I guess it's only right that its colors are pink and gray, because that's exactly the colors that come into my mind whenever I smell this.

On me, the smell doesn't change, even when it's hot. It's complex and boring at the same time.

etoile
etoile

Soapy, tangy, GREEN and a bit sour on my skin...though, I think it smells pretty green on just about anyone. Its nothing you can't get in any drugstore body spray, really.

mimosabee
mimosabee

I don't know how to describe my love and passion for this perfume. The moment it blends into my skin it gives me a warm, burning sensation and then it transforms into this charming, floral bouquet,soft but distinguished -guess its the ginger-
Everybody recognizes me with Romance. I don't know why but I feel butterflies in my stomach and my heartbeat fastens each time I smell it so I guess "Romance" deserves its name. <3

judies6
judies6

This was my scent for years. Even had two love affairs in the process. But now that I smell it again, though it starts out so rosy, it becomes quite unisex. A real fresh, masculine base that is quite wearable, but now I am wondering if those love affairs were because of Romance, or despite Romance.

mightymarshal
mightymarshal

Absolutely love this. I work at Polo, and smell this bottle all the time. Fresh, floral, clean, bright. I tend to go either spicy or floral in my taste of women's fragrance, and this is tied with Lauren Ralph Lauren for my favorite RL fragrance. It's my mom's signature scent.

klmines
klmines

"Romance is a scent of romantic love and intimate moments full of joy and happiness, with an endlessly positive aura."
This scent (the women's and men's versions) is what my husband & I wore on our Wedding day June 26, 2004. Every time I smell it; I am reminded of that glorious day when we started our lives together. This scent is very soft, but long lasting.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

This reminds me of Tommy Girl (I guess it's the lilies, violets, rose and citrus that they share.) The big difference for me is that Romance comes out of the bottle with more femininity, and less sport. The combination of florals are unique, and I appreciate that, but...I (personally) could have done without the freesia. The chamomile, ginger, and oakmoss give it a soothing quality, while the woods give it a spark of sensuality that would otherwise be missing. Without the wood (and dare I say, the patchouli) it'd be less of a romance, and more of a one-sided crush. Those are my two cents.
Overall, though, I don't wear this. It has a phase in the middle where the flowers have all but left and it smells completely masculine. Then it gets sweet and lady-like again, but I find it boring.

(I must have edited this post 5 times. The scent keeps evolving, but none of it's "final" forms make me want to wear it more often. They're just interesting to take note of.)

PinkyStuff
PinkyStuff

Imagine those fragrances that are in a simple, transparent bottle, with a fresh-and-clean scent. It's not difficult to imagine one. Romance is exactly one of those.

Romance is fresh-and-clean, but it has an unusual opening with ginger and chamomile, which are quite detectable. I personally found the top notes a little bit spicy, but you really don't have to worry about them because they fade after few minutes.

The middle is my favorite part of Romance. I get a quite strong soapy feeling there, which I love, but it's not a warm and sickening kind of soapy. It's so refresing, and there is a discreet aquatic feeling (I think it's because of lotus and lily) mixed to that soap. In my opinion, it's definitely not masculine, but it's not girly too. It's just feminine and very casual, without being sweet.

Patchouli in the base notes? Really? It's almost undetectable, so if you don't like patchouli, it would be a good thing.

Sillage and lasting power are average, just OK. But considering that fresh-and-clean scents usually are EDT and don't last so long, I would say Romance is quite lasting.

It's another fragrance that is a good option to those days when you just want to smell nice and stay far from strong and complex perfumes in your wardrobe.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Romance is a pretty fragrance but only after a while. When first sprayed, the ginger note drowns all others and for about 20 minutes it feels quite cloying. Then the rose comes up and since I don't like rose, I don't like this phase either. But after half an hour, it turns into a clean, nice floral scent. It's wearable at all occasions, light, floral... It is lasting too, more than 6 hours on my skin.

scarletprince
scarletprince

RL Romance is sultry, feminine, dream-like romantic like from a classic english romance novel (defying yet captivating). Like a feminine captivating woman in control of her man. Smells rosy, musky, woody, spicy. People who find it a tad too strong can spray from lower body onwaards. Not suitable for more sprays during the day as it might be a nuisance to some people who dislike fragrance. Very lasting.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Apperently musk on me smells like soap, cause its all i get from this perfume. It is the same as with agent provocauture the first one, it has musk in it and that one also smells like soap on me. And i dont like smelling like soap, it want to smell sweet and pretty like i am.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I agree with Sherapop that the reviews on here for Romance appear to be all over the place! There are so many contradictions ... sharp, masculine, floral, soft, light, sweet, very spicy, etc, etc. VERY confusing if someone has never smelled it and wants to know what it's like!!

Clearly, this is one of those perfumes that smells totally different depending on someone's own chemistry!

On me, it's a lovely, fresh floral with an edge over many other florals. Usually I'm not a big fan of floral perfumes but I do really like Romance and want to get my own bottle soon! I think it's a very girly (NOT masculine!), light, delicate perfume but it has good staying power on me. Also, on me it's totally NOT spicy so I have no clue why on some people it would appear to smell that way!

I think Falovalo's comparison to Estee Lauder's Pleasures is way off track with this perfume. Romance is much, much nicer than Pleasures and worth spending money on whereas, to me, Pleasures is a dull, overrated perfume I would never waste a penny on!

la_beba
la_beba

tested this yesterday..wow i like this..will buy my own bottle soon :)

it smell like lemony, fresh, nice...oh floral too..nice..:)

Shelleydar
Shelleydar

This is one of my favorites. The scent strongly leads toward the floral side with just enough spice / musk to make it sexy. I ALWAYS receive compliments when I wear it.

Rouu
Rouu

to be honest i've expected somthing softer yet sweeter !

blind hunt , i got that fragrance without tasting it but i was almost sure i'll like it ,1st time it caught my eyes was early 2003 when i 1st saw the advertisement and wanted this fragrance ... its RL plus the hint of positive reviews , the relaxing bottle and name .. i was boobed !!

Romance is a citrus fragrance in the first place , lemons and citrus ,its sharp at 1st then turns to fresh lemony scent in a few seconds ,rosy and flowery heart and fresh base that i cant define any single note but citrus still, its wearable , clean ,versatile and moderate fragrance , a fragrance to say um smelling good but nothing special .. like a summery cotton simple dress with flowery printings .. very simple and nice but it really have nothing recognizable in my opinion !!

used to wear it for hot days this summer and i just feel like um get out of a shower not been scented !!
cant say um disappointed but um not happy too !

Naro
Naro

This is a nice fragrance but it doesn't suit me at all. Gives me a headache. But my husband loves this on me so I really don't know what to do with it.

falovalo
falovalo

Romance smells like... soap? Detergent? Estee Lauder's Pleasures?! Yes to all three. This is just an okay, boring, run-of-the-mill fragrance. There's nothing particularly romantic about it, at least not for me.

I can't exactly say what notes I smell, but it's a super floral fragrance for sure. While I don't want to own this and it does nothing for me, it's not repulsive and I wouldn't mind smelling it on others.

janudy
janudy

There is something about RL fragrances that don't like my skin. I have tried 3 separate ones and they all end up smelling the same one me. Romance starts out very strong and tart--very nose tickling and with needle-like sharpness. Then--the whole things starts to sour on my skin! Literally like milk going bad. Same thing happened with RL Blue and RL Lauren. However, I know of others who wear this beautifully--I, however, am not one of them.

cahernandez
cahernandez

the ever classic floral scent. this is actually nice and i enjoyed it for months. but i notice recently, it is quite hot (hot effect) on the body. idk why. others' thoughts welcome =D

Vânia
Vânia

I am waiting for more than a year, to buy this perfume....unfortunatly, its to expensive...but finaly, this month i will get it! :) One of the best perfumes ever made

Lottis
Lottis

On my skin it smells deightful, fresh, flowery and very feminine. Rose and citrus balanced in a wonderful mix. A favorite!

På min hud doftar den härligt fräsch, blommig och väldigt kvinligt. Ros och citrus i en avvägd balancerad blandning. En favorit!

rockabette
rockabette

I totally agree with Mr Parfum's review below.

I fell in love with this fragrance initially but I went off it as fast as I fell in love with it.

andrevarx
andrevarx

This EDP very fresh and spring, slightly subtle, I think is like the female version of Polo Blue.

vetiver
vetiver

Clean, fresh, elegant...soapy flowers...without any amber or vanille...just freshness. I don`t find it romantic. It has great staying power, and smells expensive. Daytime perfume IMO.

mrparfum
mrparfum

ok so about the fragrance, its good, u will like the smell in the 1st shot but after wearing it a few times the craze of this fragrance would no longer exist, i liked the floral fruity note of the perfume but that little spicy or gingery note is spoiling the great fragrance in my opinion, the fragrance does have an aura and a sense of happiness which is rare to see in perfumes so overall i would say its ok!

Memi_La
Memi_La

I usually go for fruity florals but this was , cologne-ish and headache inducing on me . There must be some note in there (that I can't distinguish) that is just WAY too strong for me . However if you tend to like stronger slightly masculine scents you may like this one . Not for me though .

xs
xs

i tried this perfume more than once and i seem to get to the same conclusion:
when i just spritzed it the scent was HEAVENLY. i'd thought i'v just found my true love. so delicate, clean and fresh, just amazing.
but after 15-30 minutes the smell turns "dirty" untill it gets really masculine. Very dissapointing.

aseedat
aseedat

i wore this fragrance on my wedding day - so perhaps that would sum up my opinion on what has to be the most eternally feminine and beautiful fragrances available, a timeless classic it mixes softness, serenity and passion without being too intrusive in one bottle, a keeper for me, try it and you may fall in love

ravenheir89
ravenheir89

This is the 1st ever designer perfume that i owned, after adoring it so greatly on a colleague of mine. Price is pretty expensive, but well its typical for a luxury brand as this. It smells heavenly- very feminine, romantic, with a touch of floral notes and fresh airy scents. It doesnt give me the headaches; unless i wore too much of it. 2-3 sprays will do for this perfume. Its most suitable for the evenings/formal occasions and dates, bascially some important events/functions. Great for office wear too. A little too upscale for casual wear. Overall i'd say i give it around 4/5 stars.

katefielder
katefielder

Don't like this. To start with I thought I did as it has a lovely opening with the citrus and ginger, but sadly this faded fast. I was left with a very standard musky floral scent which did nothing for me. I can see why it's so popular but I just think it's a bit boring. On the plus side, it lasted for hours, but it's definitely nothing special.

ajbww
ajbww

iused to really like this but it gave me migranes and id feel sick band headacy all day wich is a shame cause it does smell lovelt very long lasting fresh and romantic

Well, the opinions are certainly all over the map as regards Ralph Lauren ROMANCE, so clearly skin chemistry plays a crucial role in how this fragrance is perceived.

On me, ROMANCE opens in a slightly boring, standard fruity-floral way. In fact, when I first spritzed it on, I expelled a brief sigh of disappointment, because it seemed that this was going to be just another déjà senti floral-fruity shampoo-flavored frag.

To my great surprise and delight, ROMANCE evolved within minutes to a completely different scent, much closer to what I have come to expect from a floral woody musk. But ROMANCE has enough patchouli to defy that category as well. I myself don't find the oakmoss here at all, but I'm used to oakmoss monsters such as EAU DU SOIR, so it may be that it would be detectable by someone whose alveoli were not already clogged with gobs of evernia prunastri!

ROMANCE has a sultry yet subtle quality which I find very appealing: not too flowery, not too oriental, ROMANCE actually is more musky than anything else. But the musk is clean and mixes beautifully with a moderate amount of equally clean patchouli into almost a skin scent. Yet it's yummier than that--neither sweet nor gourmand, but sumptuous in an elusive sort of way.

ROMANCE is a very nice fragrance, with good staying power and medium sillage. I'll have no difficulty draining my 1oz edp!

secretcrush
secretcrush

Clean and fresh but somehow borderline masculine, could easily be unisex...

Marisa36
Marisa36

Would love to own a bottle but don't think I can get over the animal testing thing. What a shame.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Exact rehash of lauders true love which was out about 10 years earlier and for half the price. Not my bag, anyway but nice for a teen. Buy the Lauder one if you like this, they are identical

yvashche
yvashche

This is the first bottle of perfume I ever bought. It is fresh and sweet, but SO unoriginal. I was happy to give it away.

krishka
krishka

Nothing special.....like most of the RL perfumes it is made to cater to as much pple as it can so it lacks personality..smells as numerous florals out there...

sugarplumjabba
sugarplumjabba

I remember when this came out being, IN LOVE with it. I would smell it in magazine strips and just AAAAAH love the smell. Finally at the beginning of 2002 I bought some for myself, it was expensive (well for me a college student at the time), so I coveted my bottle and made it last, when really I wanted to use up EVERY LAST DROP of the stuff, and eventually I did. That Christmas I was lucky to receive full-size bottles of the lotion, shower gel, and 100 ml perfume. I was in HEAVEN !!! This was the first perfume that I had out of high school that I just LOVED, it was MY scent. All of this of course coincided with my being in love for the very first time, to me this soft rose scent spiced with what seems like a splash of citrus and ginger, represents first love at its' best. Like so many others though, once that love faded, so did my love for this perfume, every once in a while, I'll sniff this to see if I still love it, and I definitely do. THIS perfume was my first BIG LOVE perfume, meaning the first perfume I fell in love with wearing all the time !!!! As well, I think this is one of THE MOST romantic perfumes out there ! LOVE IT STILL !!!

defne
defne

A clean, fresh scent that is suitable for everyday use. It's definetely a floral fruity, the name suggests a floral but the fruity notes are much stronger.The edp is longlasting which makes it perfect for summer

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

This is a timeless classic, suited for any situation and is kind of a pick-me-upper in my opinion. It has be re-purchased several times by me :-)

tulip09
tulip09

I got this perfume about 4 years ago. I liked it at first. It smelled fresh and flowery. But after wearing it for some time, the chemistry changed. It smelled too citrussy on me. I did not wear it for some time. Just recently, I started wearing it again. It smells more flowery, sweet, less citrussy on me. One thing that doesn't change is the scent doesn't last long enough.

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

Gorgeous! Lovely! Love it!

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I liked it when I first bought it...but after a while it became very boring.

Ivy
Ivy

I love this fragrance. Very feminine and romantic.

Sugar419
Sugar419

I like this perfume and think it is pleasant, but something in it triggers my allergies, so not only can I not wear it, but if anyone around me wears it I collapse into sneezing fits. I don't know why as it's not really strong or over-whelming, but something in there doesn't agree with me.
Other than my own personal problem with it, I think it is a nice, delicate, pleasant-smelling perfume. Nothing to rave about, but nice nonetheless.

sofiii
sofiii

Romance is a nice perfume, somehow it's so nice and shy, and it has lost some essence as a perfume.

The ginger + chamomile combination is quite interesting and nice. The ginger here isn't too spicy, but refreshing. When I applied the perfume on, I felt as if I was having a shower in a sunny summer morning. :-)

However, it is quite linear after about 5 minutes. Somehow it's really boring to wear, especially the lasting power is quite good on me. ( I guess I should say it has a 10h+).

Since the perfume appears to be really similar to some fruity shampoos, so... basically it's like having some sort of shampoo on you the whole day. Well, it's refreshing tho, but I wouldn't wear this perfume too often, as I said, it's quite safe + boring. Why wear a perfume as if you are not wearing one?

However, I do recommend Romance to teenagers as it's not too strong but really long lasting. So it will be great for high school.
Also, for office, if one day you want to play reeeeeealy safe, or can't figer out which perfume to wear, you can always use Romance. :-P

kylexora
kylexora

i love this perfume... the name really describe the smells.. the photograph display the same feelings. i love it and i wear it for year until now. it not overpowering. it's classic, but yet modern. it simple elegance, but still maintain the warmness and fresh. i'll definitely buy another bottle when i finish my first 100ml bottle.. this is the best fragrance by ralph lauren.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

like how clean it smells. I would describe it as a watered-down softened chypre with a hint of flowers and enough citrus to keep it from being too sharp. There is enough patchouli to make sure I would never buy it, but the scent could be a nice clean change time to time, from my favorite sweetly feminine fragrances, and my "fresh" green fragrances.

Romance is a pleasant, clean-smelling fruity floral, yet it is a little too soapy for my liking.

It tends to have that generic shampoo type scent, which although refreshing and no doubt attractive to the opposite sex, I feel that it has been done and re-done in fragrances way too many times.

Do I feel that Romance is a romantic fragrance? No, not really. A romantic scent in my opinion is something that smells intense, passionate and warm. Romance is more likely to make one feel conservative and reserved.

While Ralph Lauren does tend to produce some lovely and incredibly popular fruity floral scents, I feel that they've played it safe with this one.

However, I must add that Romance has great sillage and lasting power. Had it been given another name and been promoted as a bright, refreshing and Spring-like scent, I may have liked this fragrance a little better. Unfortunately, Romance has left me disappointed and underwhelmed.

MoietToi
MoietToi

It's a very feminime and light fragrance. Which is abit of a let down for me. Beacuse I love feminime perfumes but it's so light I can barley smell it. But anyways it's very clean,floral and a little fruity. The type of woman I could picture wearing this would be a 20 something woman who is elegant but still very shy.

talat
talat

Very modern and romantic.Clean and fresh. I really am in love with this perfume.

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

This is a very romantic scent indeed! To me it's young and sweet romance, nothing heavy about it. I fully agree with the reviewer who compared this scent to Perry Ellis, it has some similar qualities. I do feel that this scent has much more depth than Perry Ellis though. I smell the rose and lemon together in the top note which reminds me a bit of a lighter and more grown up version of Gucci Envy Me. This scent seems like it would be perfect for either day or night, and I really love the classic bottle. The only fault in this is that it doesn't last more than an hour on the skin. Maybe longer in the hair, you'll have to give it a try :)

Abbas
Abbas

Simply the best for evening wear, its light and airy but dont lasts long, bottle is simple and look nice.

it's very odd,both in the notes and smelling.to me this one smells very similar to Ines de la Fressange at the first sniff,both are a bit sour and I smell something like plum here,with a little hint of spiciness.
it's cool,because it's not like a typical floral fruity scent.ginger comes to my nose just after 5 minutes of spraying it.it's not very spicy,but more likely aromatic.
it's not very feminine and personally I didn't find the name "romance" suitable for this one,but it's naughty.it means it doesn't insist in being innocent,it's just about a girl who wants to live her life.instead it's very energetic.
I can smell this kind of sourness even in the base notes,but in fact I like this kind of smelling very much.

Annie_D
Annie_D

I wore this perfume throughout high school after stealing it from my mother, I don't find this masculine on me, it is floral with rose and lily so sweet and feminine. I love to wear this during summer at night.

gucci
gucci

this fragrance smells a lot like Perry Ellis reserve if you like romance and you want to smell like it just buy Perry Ellis it's more cheaper

moonoi
moonoi

Really classic one,
take me back to my high school.
all time favorite.

romance,feminine but quite masculine.

recommended for unisex.

michellehii
michellehii

This is my all time favourite perfume.I always get back to this perfume :D Very classic perfume, but smells fashionable.

If I have to use two words to describe it, it will be "ROMANTIC" and "LOVELY".Feeling loved whenever I use this perfume and I get all the compliments.It has become a signature of mine among my friends.Very long lasting as well, ard 8+ hours.

BlackIvory
BlackIvory

very pleasant, feminine, light and wearable for work.I like it alot

marie08
marie08

For an eau de parfum this doesn't last that long on me. It's a very light unoffensive floral. Not bad but nothing special either.

Amanda79
Amanda79

I grew tired of this one fast. I still have a full bottle after 5yrs of owning it. Its feminine, soft and romantic but the musky soapy smell got on my nerves. It smells like Oil of Olay bar soap.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

romance is a perfect name for this perfume!
It was love at first sniff
when i first came across this beautiful fragrance.It has great lasting power!

ac_scent86
ac_scent86

very light and floral. draws me in from 50 feet away although that could be purely psychological association.

darren
darren

first of all it's all spicy,even so masculine,then it softens and the flower scents come(particulary lily and rose).at this time it reminds me of floral woody musk scents and then there are citruses fresh notes.it's not very feminine,although I can't call it unisex neither.as I said it's more likely like woody musk perfumes,not floral fruity.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

Fresh and clean! Reminds me of high-school :)

azuriiita
azuriiita

Its a very overwhelming scent. Like a citrus-spicy cup of infusion of something not very clear, very charged. Disappointing. Sour. Nothing else special to comment about it.

Taliera
Taliera

Nice, but not my taste. Too powdery, or floral, or light, or something...

perryforever
perryforever

My favorite perfume. I have a few but I always come back to this one. It makes me feel sexy and fantastic. It's not an overly sexy fragrance. I found it in a magazine and liked it straight away. I have been told I smell divine when wearing it (good enough for me)

sjanira
sjanira

It's a punch of florals and citrus which I love. It also lasts a long time. I have a mini bottle of it but I don't think I'll purchase a bigger one, it's just a little to strong for me almost a little masculine. Of course I'll give it a warm welcome if I get this as a gift:)

amanda
amanda

light and nice, but ife is too short to waste time for usual perfumes:)

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

I find this perfume to be clean and fresh...it doesn't have any discernable bass notes on my skin, however. It really doesn't last long either; I just sprayed this perfume on no more than two hours ago and I can no longer smell it.

I am always reluctant to say that I don't like a fragrance because I can appreciate the smell of nearly every perfume even if I don't enjoy it on my skin. I like the smell of Romance on a paper strip. It has a fruity clean opening with something that is reminiscent of a masculine cologne. But for me, wearing it just doesn't work. It is underwhelming and with so many great perfumes out there, there isn't enough going on with Romance to keep it interesting.

golden
golden

LOVELY PERFUME.SMELLS JUST LIKE THE BODY SHOP PERFUME, BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME? IT HAD A PETAL THING ON IT, PINK AND WHITE BOTTLE. I DO THINK IT CAN GO OFF THOUGH. I AGREE WITH ALTHEA I WAS GIVEN A BOTTLE THAT WAS LEFT OVER, IT SMELT BAD.
BUT IT IS LOVELY WHEN NEW. VERY FEMIMINE.

mia
mia

too floral for my taste but yet a fresh feminine fragrance..

Althea
Althea

I remember smelling this a couple of years ago and really liked it, but there are so many fragrances that I completely forgot about it. The other day in Sephora I came across it and the memory of light and warm scent came up to my head.. but.. I dont know whether the tester was "old" or what, it smelled different, definitely masculine and very spicy.. well maybe my chemistry changed, but I was very dissapointed. I need to give it another try one day.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Classic, fresh, delicate, floral smell. I don't rage behind it, but men yes.Perhaps, such easy, simple, feminine, usual perfume communicate man: "see, I'am fragile, I'am usual, so, you don't must afraid of me" ;)

coco_mademoiselle
coco_mademoiselle

it wasnt really anything special for me. didnt last long and i really only got it cus the collectors bottle came with a charm

Luciana
Luciana

Qué buen perfume, es una gran fragancia invernal.

PELA
PELA

IT'S A VERY SWEET FRAGRANCE WITH LIGHT NOTES.I LIKE IT WEARING IT USUALLY IN THE MORNING.

knics33
knics33

Romance is a classic for me. It is so pretty and clean. Whenever I want to smell clean, but also very warm I reach for Romance.

bartamy
bartamy

I received this as a gift from my husband. I find it to be a middle-note fragrance; nothing particularly outstanding about it. However, my son impliments me each time I wear it. It is a light, non-pervasive perfume that is perfect for office or day wear.

Romance by Ralph Lauren 3.75 out of 5 based on 1873 ratings and 282 user reviews

Deodorant
ROMANCE for WOMEN by Ralph Lauren EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
ROMANCE for WOMEN by Ralph Lauren EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Romance Perfume by Ralph Lauren - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Romance Perfume by Ralph Lauren - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Romance Summer Blossom Perfume by Ralph Lauren, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Romance Perfume by Ralph Lauren, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Romance Perfume by Ralph Lauren, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Ralph Lauren 'Romance' Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Ralph Lauren 'Romance' Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Ralph Lauren Romance 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Ralph Lauren Romance 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Perfume.com
Romance Summer Blossom Perfume by Ralph Lauren - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester
Romance Perfume by Ralph Lauren - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester
Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Romance Summer Perfume by Ralph Lauren, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Romance Summer Perfume by Ralph Lauren, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Romance Summer Blossom Perfume by Ralph Lauren, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Ralph Lauren Romance Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Romance Perfume by Ralph Lauren - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Romance Perfume by Ralph Lauren - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Ralph Lauren Romance Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Ralph Lauren Romance Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Romance fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Romance, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Romance by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Romance by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.