Designers » R S » Chypre Floral « Groups

Romance Always Yours Ralph Lauren for women

Romance Always Yours Ralph Lauren for women
dislike

Romance Always Yours Ralph Lauren for women Pictures

Romance Always Yours was presented in 2008, as one of the successors of Romance from 1998. The perfume was created of freesia, ginger, rose, lotus, lily, white violet, musk, patchouli and oak moss. It is available as 50 and 75ml edt. Romance Always Yours, an essence of eternal romance, celebrates infatuation!

Freesia Ginger Rose Lotus Lily Violet Patchouli Oakmoss Musk

Comme une Evidence Eau de Parfum
Cabaret

Romance Always Yours Fragrance Reviews

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

I like it! Not as much as the original - only because it doesn't last as long :(

kakamelia
kakamelia

This is the only fragrance I´ve bought twice in my life and since I´ve finished the last bottle I think about buying it again. I think this could be my signature.
It is rose powdery scent with some crispy glitter - I thing it is very well blended rose with lotus and ginger.
Actually I´ve never smelled it on anybody else, so I think it is quite unique(in our country - Czech Republic), but I also remember my colleague complaining, that it is to heavy for office. The longevity and silage are great on my skin.

kristine oh
kristine oh

Very simple, light and feminine.. I had this once but won't buy another bottle. It's nice for everyday use but not really my type of scent. It's just isn't me when I wore this. I prefer bold, strong and sensual. ;)

nancy920
nancy920

I love the ginger in this fragrance, and I like it more than the original, which smells boring compared to this one. I know a lot of people like this fragrance for the day, but I'm still young (23) and this perfume smells somewhat spicy to me. Very sexy, so I like it for night time.

hollycat
hollycat

Cant figure out why this perfume isnt getting more notice. Its really very beautiful and sophisticated. I consider it a violet chrype, somewhat reminiscent of Balenciaga's Paris in its somewhat thick patchouli drydown.

I never was a fan of the original Romance, I always thought it was generic and mundane. This flanker surprised me. Its like a more complex, assertive and mature version of the original. Its got more going on. I really enjoy the muskyness as well. I see a take charge kind of woman wearing this...totally owning her power and feminity.

Im not a big chype fan because chypes tend to dry down a little aftershavey on me, and this one is no exception. But I still find beauty in that. I always liked Old Spice:)

Sillage is wonderful, longevity great. Hope this one sticks around for a while.

I hope this one doesnt get discontinued. I would say thats a strong possibility since this one's not getting much love.

ellachamp
ellachamp

I am such a huge fan of the original Romance so I have very high hopes for this one...well, I am very disappointed. Maybe it was just me as there are a lot who love it. RL Romance Always Yours is musky, musky and musky for me. No hint of floral at all. It's too strong and the smell is unpleasant. It smells like an old church lady to me lol. No offense meant! I've learned my lesson the hard way, never blind buy a perfume :( it may smell beautiful on others but on me it's horrible!

xmascoral
xmascoral

This gives me confidence in office!

Trvevil
Trvevil

This seems more complex scent than original Romance. It was cute, but this one has more character. At first it's powerfull - strong aquatic white flowers and sweetness underneath. Then it settles into somewhat sweet, powdery detergent smell.

cisco
cisco

I just received mine and like it a great deal, Beware, it takes some time for this one to calm down. The opening is too sharp almost citrus, but after about 20 minutes, it becomes a lovely, not too sweet, floral. Violet takes the center stage. The lasting ability is good as well as the sillage. I cannot place anything else it smells like. I liked it enough I am purchasing more.

I am a fan of Ralph Lauren's scents and put this one in the same category with Love. That category is romantic and intimate.

Manya
Manya

I wanted to love this perfume, because of its floral part, but patchouli sort of ruined it for me...

It's a beautiful, truly romantic scent, but patchouli+my skin = metallic note which won't go away. It's not unpleasant, just constantly noticeable and annoying.

Otherwise, it's a nice, musky rose, rounded and velvety that I would recommend to anyone who likes romantic florals.

upd:
The longer I'm wearing it, the nicer it becomes...after my brain short-circuited on the "yum-rose! / yuck-patchouli!" schism, I think that I actually LIKE it anyways!

kugkng
kugkng

I have it and keep wearing it when I need express more strong personality on special occasion 0r formal event I adore strong fresh floral powerful stuff yet clean smell and a touch of warm spices playing undertone..strong and powerful but very feminine present I feel bold glam sophisticate and estimable ..love it^^.

I am personally fascinated by the flanker phenomenon (folie!), which appears to have arisen only relatively recently in the history of perfume. Ralph Lauren ROMANCE ALWAYS YOURS is a part of this trend: produce a new perfume in the same bottle that may or may not have anything to do with its namesake.

ROMANCE ALWAYS YOURS has a great deal in common with its predecessor: the florals are the same, ginger appears again, along with patchouli, musk, and oakmoss. The flanker, which is linear, also ramps up the patchouli and omits the wood, making this more oriental, to my nose, than chypre, but still much more chypre than fruity, which I found also to be the case with ROMANCE.

I need to confess that I have of late discovered that I have a pretty serious clean patchouli penchant. Here, too, the patchouli is clean, and there is more of it. Therefore, I like this flanker better than the original! For that same reason, those who shun patchouli will want to stay away. This is really much more about patchouli than any of the florals.

I may have to buy a large bottle of ROMANCE ALWAYS YOURS to reward Ralph for producing a flanker that really makes sense. ROMANCE and ROMANCE ALWAYS YOURS are close cousins, offering unique but related takes on a shared set of notes. A take that I'll gladly take!

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

although i totally love the original this one was.. uhm.. let's say disappointing..

rdoonanuk
rdoonanuk

I bought R Always Yours instead of the original Romance as a change. I think I prefer the original but have had compliments on this one. I don't know whether I'll buy it again as there are so many other florals to try! I like the ginger note as I think it makes the floral less overpowering.

sublimedoll
sublimedoll

This smells like "old lady" on me :( It's a shame because I really like the original Romance, but this has something that just doesn't click with my body chemistry. I gave my leftovers to my sister and I happened to smell it on her last night - it smelled absolutely gorgeous!! (so jealous) Ah well, just goes to show how fragrances can smell SO different depending on who's wearing them!!

rachelmaryaddiction
rachelmaryaddiction

It is still to similiar to the original for me to buy it. It doesnt stand out to me. Smelt nice, but not special.

bonastanzi
bonastanzi

Reminds me very much of Chanel's Cristalle. This is a little too floral for my taste, at least when first wearing, then settles mostly into base notes, patchouli, and ginger, which are nice. However, it doesn't stand out for me.

Mals86
Mals86

I found R Always Yours nicer than the original Romance (which I must admit here didn't impress me - not bad, but not something I'd want to wear, either). Always Yours is a slightly spicier floral, with a stronger green chypre base, and seems more sophisticated to me than the original.

I do get a hint of aquatic notes (probably what's listed as lotus), but it doesn't seem overpowering. The heart of this one is all about the florals, and the base is patchouli-oakmoss. I like oakmoss, but patch is usually Not My Friend; however, in this scent it doesn't bother me.

I enjoyed smelling RAY, but won't be buying it since I already own about a gazillion florals. (Okay, not really.) This one won't be joining my collection, as it didn't strike me as being particularly special.

Annie_D
Annie_D

This does have a couple of semi sharp floral tones (maybe this is a mix of ginger and some flower-not bad though), it has nice sillage and it is unique so far I haven't really smelled it on people. I personally love it it is more intense than Romance, I find the original to be soft floral, this is more saturated but not in a bad way. It hits all the right notes especially with freesia, ginger, and lotus. Wonderful!

urobian
urobian

an strong floral base at first, then you find a lovely-charming fragance, nothing new but simply femenine, romantic and versatile.

chance25
chance25

If you get a sense of Romance being a slightly aquatic floral, times that by 10 with Always Yours. This is an ubber floral, but very nice and strong. It's like a floral out with a vengence. I've smelled this before though, it smells like a remake of something made in the eighties. Please comment on what you think this smells like, I'd love to know what people think.

Romance Always Yours by Ralph Lauren 3.71 out of 5 based on 112 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Romance Always Yours fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Romance Always Yours, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Romance Always Yours by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Romance Always Yours by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.