Designers » R S » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Romance Silver Ralph Lauren for men

Romance Silver Ralph Lauren for men
dislike

vodka

Romance Silver by Ralph Lauren is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Romance Silver was launched in 2005. Top notes are cypress, vodka, bergamot and tangerine; middle notes are nutmeg, violet and tobacco blossom; base notes are musk and guaiac wood.

Cypress Vodka Bergamot Tangerine

Nutmeg Violet Tobacco Blossom

Musk Guaiac Wood

Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme

Romance Silver Fragrance Reviews

tabularasaus
tabularasaus

This was definitely a lovely fragrance. Although, for my money, I would just stick with the original Romance.

season: Colder weather would benefit more
occasion:casual,business,night out etc.
sprays:2-4
scent:8/10
longevity:7/10
projection:7/10
sillage:6/10
versatility:8/10
overall:38/50

JohnMc
JohnMc

Never bought anything by Ralph Lauren before - not because of snobbery (I tried many of their other offerings and apart from Safari, didn't rate any of the other very-general offerings), Romance Silver however, is the exception that proves the rule. Slightly reminiscent of Terre D'Hermes, but maybe an octave or two higher in places. I had a tester some years ago and loved it, but like many things, never got around to purchasing a bottle before it seemed to dissappear as fast as it came on sale. I found a 100ml aftershave bottle today for £35 and bought it and haven't stopped sniffing my wrist since. Bravo Mr. Lauren.

bilal25
bilal25

i like this scent very much not a classic but none the less a class act from ralph lauren i actually got it as a gift from a relative but i liked it very much and will definitely buy again

90hou

10/10, I will get another one for sure!

yoda2088
yoda2088

I have owned this fragrance for a few years, and unfortunately you do get what you pay for. This is one of the fragrances which got me interested in discovering others. I believe that this fragrance is predictable. Albeit it is a nice citrus blend that goes a bit into a tea and further a darker woodier scent, this is run-of the mill, and un-eventful. I however, would have never said this two years back.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Very sophisticated, smells like there is quite a bit going on. I usually wear at night time. Compliment getter, both sexes. Found my 1.7 at a TJ Maxx, which I guess they were at about a year ago or so. Not a everyday type, at least for myself. Does resemble Ungaro Man...

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Very nice aromatic vibe, becomes cold by the touch of vodka beside the opening with tangerine, and after some minutes awarded by density cypress present.
The heart with the presence of violet leaves a slightly floral aroma, but very enjoyable. Later comes the tobacco but nothing too closed, only gives the balance with a light woody background. A nice perfume, a version more aromatic of Gucci by Gucci case anyone wants a reference. Well done!

magnusmagnus
magnusmagnus

To mirror what others have been saying about this, it is underrated. It was the first ever proper fragrance I ever bought and I have very fond memories of it. I think I was naive after getting this that if you spent a little money on a smell they would all be rather decent like this. I bought it because I went into a shop asked the girl what her favourite EDT was at the moment and she really liked it and I tried it. There are very fragrances I've had since where I've had a girlfriend who just wanted to constantly snuggle their nose into my neck when we were out and about just so they could smell it. I would recommend this for anyone to at least try and see if they like it.

djinndc
djinndc

I agree with reviewers below about Ralph Lauren's Romance Silver, it definitely is underrated.

The opening notes give a mild sweet key citrus scent, but I got plenty of the cypress, tobacco and vodka notes though.

Through the drydown, I find the tobacco and vodka stays with it. The wood scent's have a really dry feel, but strong with it's presence. No balmy or creamy scents here at all. I do get some slight Gucci by Gucci hints from this scent. I'm extremely enamoured with this unique fragrance!

I got great sillage and longevity 6+ hrs from Romance
Silver. Definitely try this out of you see it around. This stands out majestically from all the bubblegum or gourmand frags lately. I'm ecstatic I found this one locally.

Unique fragrance!
Rating: 10/10 ♥♥♥♥♥

ElleNell
ElleNell

This is definitely an underrated scent.
This is what a man should smell like!!
Sophisticated, classy and manly.

It reminds me of a handsome man strolling on the beach at night. It is not overpowering its just perfect. sensual, warm and inviting-beautiful.

It reminds me of a lovely date or a romantic night in!!
For the elegant, deep man.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Romance Silver is a very underrated fragrance from the Ralph Lauren house. I got a 1.7 oz as a blind buy a few yrs from Walgreens and i got my 40 bucks worth. Very sophisticated and elegant yet modern at the same time. Perfect for when u wanna impress that lady you wanna get it on with

90hou

It smells great,kindda like Gucci Gucci,the smell of violet is nice,very gentle,attractive,soft,love it so much! I'm pretty sure that I will buy this one again.
but it seems that it doesnt last long on my skin,however it lasts very long on test paper.pity.

jaxxsun
jaxxsun

I was never complemented more than when I wore this for a couple of years.

Akhan
Akhan

cedar???

melbritt24
melbritt24

I LOVE cedar and this just drives me crazy...in a good way!!! :P

keiko22nis
keiko22nis

i smelled this and loving it. If my guy wear this...I would hug him all day.

Papi
Papi

An awesome smell, although I never smelt "original" yet cannot believe it could have been any better.

A nice blend, with an almost tea-like quality. However, when the wood note becomes obvious it takes over the scent for me and beccomes quite irritating quickly. I wish there was a way to remove such notes! Don't expect a big tobacco note either. This might be a good transition scent, from "mainstream" into aficionado territory, but at this point I don't find anthing about it that is compelling.

Dad jax
Dad jax

The other virson(orignal) is Far to better and my choice,this one very poor sillage and almost zero longevity with ordinary smell,it is a complete blunder by Ralph Lauren after the great succcess of THE ORIGINAL Virson ...This one fr me is 3 outta 10.

BEAUTIFUL! manly, sophisticated, classy!

It is the most romantic, sensual, manly sophisticated scent I ever smelt for men. I LOVE IT!!!! it's a bit mysterious too and warming. Its sexy and very very very classy!
Perfect for a romantic date.
It is the classy element i love about it most.

Dose it come in a spray by the way?? xoxoxoxoxxo elle x

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

This fragrance make me think of a peaceful
walk on silver sands along the quiet ocean under the midnight moon. It's soft tones are sensuous and mysterious almost teasing. It's doesn't crave attention it draws others in. The violent is the star of the fragrance, along with the musk it really sets the romantic mood. What more can I say the entire scent says,"Love me and I will love you back."

WoonD
WoonD

for my skin it smell very bitter.
not suitable for my age, i prefer something more fresh

guest_rviacava
guest_rviacava

One of my favorites for those peaceful summer nights. It smells great on me. The nutmeg and violet are the first to appear supported on a light and soft citruses and woody notes. Nice and easy fragance.

manutdforever
manutdforever

From start to finish, there is an almost feminine background to this scent -- sweet smelling and very floral. Starts off with a citrusy whiff, and then the floral notes start to come in and then stay on for the duration of the scent. It eventually dries down to something moderately light. Lasts for about 4 hours on me. Not too sure about the "romantic" tag though. In my opinion this one smells too floral and feminine for a romantic occasion, unlike something like Armani Code.

Jasper
Jasper

This should be unisex. I love the fresh opening. It mellow down on me wonderfully. Sweet base but never overwheming. I like it.
No, I actually love it. Imagine catch a whiff of this from a cool-well dress CN guy! So clean but there is something about it make you want to run after the source of origin!!! ;)

Romance Silver by Ralph Lauren 4.26 out of 5 based on 169 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Romance Silver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Romance Silver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Romance Silver by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Romance Silver by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.