Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Romance for Men Ralph Lauren for men

Romance for Men Ralph Lauren for men
dislike

Romance for Men Ralph Lauren for men Videos Romance for Men Ralph Lauren for men Videos
Romance for Men Ralph Lauren for men Pictures Romance for Men Ralph Lauren for men Pictures Romance for Men Ralph Lauren for men Pictures

Romance for Men by Ralph Lauren is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. The nose behind this fragrance is Antoine Lie. Top notes are orange, ginseng, ginger, black currant, pistachio leaf, lavender and mandarin orange; middle notes are lily, celery, basil, saffron, rose, geranium and cardamom; base notes are pine tree, patchouli, musk, oakmoss and vetiver.

Orange Ginseng Ginger Black Currant Pistachio Leaf Lavender Mandarin Orange

Lily Celery Basil Saffron Rose Geranium Cardamom

Pine Tree Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Vetiver

Romance for Men Fragrance Reviews

bethqueenofdarkness
bethqueenofdarkness

I brought this over 10 years ago when I worked at sea. It was blind purchase

i like and my boyfriend likes the smell on me. I find it a more feminine smell.

jdawg
jdawg

Had this in high school and everyone absolutely loved it. It's a shame they discontinued it!

briannyc94
briannyc94

believe this one discontinued

I rarely wear scents like this so keep that in mind. It reminds me of New West for Men but with the harshness toned down considerably. I can wear this one, unlike New West, but I don't find it particularly interesting. I'd rather wear Pino Silvestre, vintage Tsar, or Green Jeans, for example. However, this is certainly a good "office scent" for warmer weather, if that's what you're seeking. It's technically competent and reasonably natural smelling, with some obvious "fresh" aroma chemicals that are used in moderation, for example. The notes sound great but I only detect a small number of these clearly. This may not be an aficionado scent but for those seeking one with mild but clear pine, this is worth considering.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I'm getting better at this game: Five minutes after spraying this on myself I guessed that it would be an unmemorable, generic woodsy/spicy scent. And so it is. Reviewer Luca Turin says it best, however: "The fragrance is so unmemorable that the only appropriate review is, 'It has a smell.'"

It doesn't have much longevity or sillage - so after some hours pass by you can spray on something you like a lot better that will dominate. (I find that Yatagan is my go to champion for this.)

I "disliked" it, but that doesn't tell the whole story. I neither liked it nor disliked it. I will simply forget about it. So not only is there no Romance here - there isn't any love, either.

I don't do well with these Ralph Laurens... the only one I like is Polo Green - and I think I'm mildly allergic to it.

WayneDN
WayneDN

Tried it at the store and found it not to be what I thought Romance should be. Not a romantic scent at all. I passed on this one.

oxm
oxm

I wanted to try this fragrance also intrigued by its name, maybe I was expecting something different ... like you could represent romance perhaps more velvety notes of vanilla and musk but Romance is not all that, at first sight seems somewhat grumpy and surly, the opening is rough and pine is already present with massive doses but slowly fades and gives way to hints of aromatic herbs and the bottom is a woody aromatic almost inaudible (at least on my wrist)
that mean? a discreet fragrance that seems made for a company without jerks or extravagance, outdoors seems to take strength and persistence, but it is an honest fragrance without a lot of claims that can brighten our days midseason.

jamas12013
jamas12013

This classic is strong at first, but when it settles it is as satisfying to the nose as comfort food is to the belly. Well worth the price.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Romance is a wonderful mens fragrance that lives up to its name. Polo hit a grandslam with this scent. Perfect combination of citrus and woods that lasts a while. Great for on a date with that lady you wanna impress or when you feel like dressing up.A good pick for day and night time useage. Romance is a must buy and must keep in the collection

aucffan1
aucffan1

I have it, I love it, I use it..

I just bought a new bottle (I feel lucky to have found it)

I will alway have a bottle of this.. This is like Oscar De Larente Pour Lui to me.. Classic, clean, last long time and easy on the nose.. It smells so good that the ladies want to lick me.. :-)

9-10 stars.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

I had been very curious about this for a long time, I think the name, the design, the commercials and last but not least the notes looked fantastic. According to the notes, this could be a unique masterpiece.

I finally tried it, and I would have to give the most reviewers right. The scent is very plain, ordinary, tame and everything but spectacular. And so is the longevity and projection. It's just not good quality. It does not smell bad, just way too ordinary.

gianmarco
gianmarco

Very nice masculine scent, i get hints of tobacco and lemon

Akhan
Akhan

Fresh, calm, serene, comforting, elegant, caring (I know funny to describe a fragrance as carin but that is how it projects you to others and may be that's why the name ! ) I have used 2 x 100 ml of this (2001 and 2004) and would buy it again if I found it ! Wondering if it has been discontiued........)

MustardGas
MustardGas

I Really Like The Smell of This One.
My Uncle Got Me This As A Present And I Loved It
Smells Very Professional My Freinds Mothers Love It

Dad jax

This scent is just for summers(30-35c) it will for sure last 7hrs plus...i'm getting this longevity every single time but strictly summers

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

nice smell so fresh energy in the opening but...
the longevity was terrible

nasir.mu
nasir.mu

first note is like lime/citrus mix with flowery scent. and then lime stays for some time. quite pricey for such type of smell

cezarmac
cezarmac

i dont know how to describe the notes of this cologne,all i can say is that works very well,and to be honest how much more you spray better this can get.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Caliking got my balloon for hitting the nail on the head.
I was so excited about trying Romance.
Look at that fantastic composition! Blackcurrants, yes! Celery, lily, ginseng, rose, PLEASE!
OAKMOSS, PINE, PATCHOULI!

nup...

Citrus >-(

To my nose, you cannot make a good fragrance with 2 citruses and ginger in the top. It just bollocksed it up for me.

Ooh, the drydown, nice but I cant reeally smell it anymore. Its a faint softness on my hand.
So sad

Romance for Men by Ralph Lauren, is not unlike the feminine Romance with its subtle soapiness and understated elegance. However, Luca Turin downs this fragrance, describing it as a 'fresh nothing', rating it with one star. I agree that it's not the most amazing scent out there, there is a lot that could be expected from reading the scent pyramid prior to testing, but in all honesty, it's a very pleasant and wearable fragrance which I happen to like.

The scent is mostly clean and spicy, particularly throughout the opening, where I didn't manage to detect any fruit or citrus accords. There's the tiniest hint of lavender, which is smoothed out with ginger and creamy soap nuances.

The heart is mostly lily and nuts, perhaps a little too floral and feminine at times. It actually reminds me of Emporio Armani White for Men. This fragrance is perhaps more woody though, with a slight hint of greeness.

The base is quite a likable, yet subtle, musky pine and vetiver blend. The drydown was the most masculine aspect of this fragrance in my opinion. I can't say that I find this fragrance unisex, but I will class it as a light masculine floral.

Perhaps for some, Romance for Men is mediocre and bland. I didn't mind the scent, I found it quite comforting and clean, which is something I need to smell on a man sometimes. All in all, it's a fragrance worth trying, even if it's just to see whether you love it or hate it.

caliking
caliking

FIRST SPRAY IS GROSS AND CHEAP
THEN IT DRYS DOWN TO A SUPRISING BEAUTIFUL SCENT
VERY SHARP
VERY VERY VERY 90'S

RhysP
RhysP

Fair play I like this scent. Its very light, a summer fragrance for sure but it lasted on me about 4-5hrs.

One of those scents that are nice but I couldnt use a full 100ml bottle. I bought it in 2002. Sprayed some this year and its gone sour as it were - 9 years and unable to use it all.

10/10 - for shelf life in the bottle; but thats somewhat the point - it will last forever as its one of those smells that are nice but you just always seem to find an excuse to wear something else.

Limelight
Limelight

Can be a little strong at first but evolves into a very pleasant scent and just gets better by the hour. Wont offend anybody. I like to use it more in the summer.

Dad jax

Bought another today ! 18 bottles in 5 yrs!
Todays price 100ml 65 euros!

I guess quality never comes cheap, but this one worth every penny!

SIMPLY THE BEST !

Dad jax

Love off my life ! I loved it since i smelled it 5 yrs ago, since then till now it's with me...i love it and buy it frequently!

andrevarx
andrevarx

This EDT has a very citrus and invigorating entry timber with a touch of orange dominant. His grade point average is passing very slowly and the smell of fresh wood but remain young and subtle citrus notes. Finally its base notes not detected because only the scent faded.

Slightly romantic, if his grades would be based would be more sweet or powerful. Hard on my skin for about five hours. Almost any time of year in preference to formal meetings.

rodmassacre
rodmassacre

My top favourite.
The ginger opening is kinda hidden, blended with the pistacho leaf.
The drydown turns to a very sexy sweet masculine smell.
Great Sillage.

guest_Jax
guest_Jax

One line, Girls love it on me !

guest_Troncosito
guest_Troncosito

Excelente aroma y duradero , es muy dificil que una mujer se resista a tan exquisita fragancia, la recomiendo sobre todo si sales mucho en la noche, aunque de dia tambien viene bien.

dm8m
dm8m

Romance is a scent strictly for night occasion. Using this before in the morning got me all dizzy. Its fragrance is just too heavy for my liking.

guest_deeuno
guest_deeuno

the romance is unbelivable.the fragrance is like nothin i smelt really cul.l always feel like a celebrity when i wear it.....

WoonD
WoonD

1st time i got this as small vail via magazine... i was shock! it really nice scent, very seducing(for me).
i love it immediately, after so long...i still love it.
from i love the bottle, simple,classic and clean...just like the scent, immediately fall in love.
i will going to buy in this time.
must really have the perfume i am falling in love.

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

The more i smeell it the more i like !!!! :)

hernie
hernie

Deliciosa fragancia. Muy masculina, fresca. De larga duración. Realmente la mejor de Ralph Lauren!

ALEXEIFEDOROV
ALEXEIFEDOROV

AWESOME FRAGANCE. MY FIRST IMPRESSION WAS NORMAL BUT AFTER 5 MINUTES I WAS AMAZED BY THIS COMBINATION OF SCENTS.

Romance for Men by Ralph Lauren 4.05 out of 5 based on 232 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Romance for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Romance for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Romance for Men by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Romance for Men by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.