Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Safari for Men Ralph Lauren for men

Safari for Men Ralph Lauren for men
dislike

I have it: 369 I had it: 320 I want it: 181 My signature: 10

Safari for Men Ralph Lauren for men Videos Safari for Men Ralph Lauren for men Videos
Safari for Men Ralph Lauren for men Pictures Safari for Men Ralph Lauren for men Pictures Safari for Men Ralph Lauren for men Pictures Safari for Men Ralph Lauren for men Pictures Safari for Men Ralph Lauren for men Pictures

Safari for Men by Ralph Lauren is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Safari for Men was launched in 1992. Top notes are aldehydes, artemisia, coriander, lavender, green notes, neroli, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, carnation, cinnamon, tarragon, jasmine and rose; base notes are leather, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss and cedar.

Aldehydes Artemisia Coriander Lavender Green Notes Neroli Bergamot Lemon

Cyclamen Carnation Cinnamon Tarragon Jasmine Rose

Leather Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Cedar

Jazz
Pasha de Cartier

Safari for Men Fragrance Reviews

pedrozanforlin
pedrozanforlin

I really like this scent! Perfect for use at night, but also serves for the day! Classic, but not dated, easily pleases women and at least for me, conveys confidence.

warlockss
warlockss

Amazing juice and blind buy for me smells fruity sweet and spicy manly clean and fresh classy 10/10

JohnMc
JohnMc

Manly. Strong, but not overpowering. Clean. For the days when the plethora of metrosexual scents in my collection just won't do and I desire something dry, green and uncomplicated. The bottle screams unreconstructed male. Almost in a cliche manner, but beautiful and emphatic nonetheless. This friend finds his companions in my collection amongst the Jazzes, the Rive Gauches, the Obsessions and the Bruts. Wonderful and the only Ralph fragrance I personally rate along with the Daddy of them all (of old schoolers) Polo Green. Just bought a bottle today and loving it!

rum
rum

Probably the only other RL scent that I like along with Polo (green).
I discovered Safari back in 1995 when it first came out. At the time, it was quite different to the mainstream stuff that I saw as being sold in my town. Long lasting, elegant (despite the dude in the ad being dressed like something out of the 'Jungle Book'), yet tame and not at all over-bearing, Safari works really well in the summer for me. RL mention Caribbean spices and the rusty colour of the juice certainly gives that impression.
It is contained in what is probably the most elegant bottle for a designer scent on sale today.
However, it's quite dated for me now, but I still think it deserves a well done for being popular to this very day.

dosojosnegros
dosojosnegros

i haven't worn this in a while and forgot how much i love it. first blast i get an unusual scent and taste of something sweet followed by beautiful cedar, patchouli, and menthol although i don't see it listed. beautiful packaging and bottle. class in a bottle. i have the older formulation so i don't know what the newer stuff is like. every scentaholic should have this in their collection.

AZ
AZ

It's old school tough muscline perfume of the 90s.

I remeber the days I used this perfume. BEWARE OF OVERDOSE: This perfume is so strong could make you faint lituerally.

ahhhh...this takes me back.
I haven't had this for years but that's not nessarily because I don't like it.

I can still remember the smell vividly and echo the other reviews...this one is old skool...and not for the faint hearted.
It was even old skool for 92 frankly...very masculine though and not to my usual taste but you can't always go for sweet, aquary stuff sometimes you need to man up and get a bit macho...and this is the one for those moments.

Idlehands
Idlehands

I really cant decide if I think this cologne is brilliant or just terrible. I cant bring myself to buy it as I feel I will never have the courage to wear it. I always keep coming back to it in the store. I will test it smell it and grimace...But then 5 minutes later I will be smelling it again. My first impression was "this is too old school..too dated". But then later I realized that its actually very alluring in a strange way. I think this is definitely for an older crowd. I dont think this would appeal to too many men or women under 35. Its musky,green and floral (things I typically dont like). Everything you associate with an old school frag but for some reason, I find myself pulled back into this one. I say if you can pull this off and feel confident walking into a room with this...DO IT!

kpv
kpv

When I put spray on Safari I get a very clean masculine floral spicy leathery woody scent. It reminds me of a fall day out in the fields shooting birds or clays wearing earth tones, leather field boots and shooting gloves. It's perfect. Not too overpowering or offensive. I get a hint of lavender at first, but then the green notes, bergamot, and lemon notes come in the mix. Then the cinnamon and rose come out in the middle. A very good mixture. At the base I get a lot of leather, oakmoss, and cedar with a flirtatious surrounding of patchouli and sandalwood.

I put three sprays on my chest and one to two on my wrist for my own pleasure. Longevity is there of about 7 hours as far as I can tell. Silliage is moderate. Nothing heavy. I have had a great deal of compliment over the years wearing this and women seem to enjoy the different scent on a man in his 20's. I lost a bottle of this last winter and my lady friend at the time went and bought me a new bottle so she could continue to smell it on me. She said it was one of the things she first noticed upon our first embrace and looked forward to smelling it everytime after that.

Zizan
Zizan

this is a classic from ralph, I am a big fan of the base notes which intensify after 6 hours. When I was a non vegetarian the musk would intensify to an almost exquisite pheromone. Now I am a vegetarian and the cedar sandalwood combination is almost temple like and meditative. The musk is a subtle undertone after a shower in cooler climates boosted by the patchouli.

mithu21166
mithu21166

It's Sandalwood all through, a class from it's maker. The Citrus whims at the fades quick and the aldehyde is not too prominent. Excellent.

Shanester66
Shanester66

Im a sucker for frags from the 90's...once in awhile you dont want new...you dont want trendy...you dont want sweet & unisex...you want to smell LIKE A MAN! This frag accomplishes that very well IMO.

Cole86
Cole86

Ralph Lauren Safari is one of my all time favourites. A true classic that exudes a masculine, elegant and sophisticated scent that every gentleman should have. More for the mature man but if you think you can pull it off then go ahead and try. Recommended for those over 30 who find that it's time to put away all of their younger playboy fragrances and who are ready to join the gentleman's club and drink their whiskey straight.

Cire
Cire

This stuff is magic on me. projection, scent and sillage of this frag leaves me with no words to explain or express the pleasure it gives me. I'd love to say;- I'll always buy it as long it is available.

browne54
browne54

GREAT CLASSIC AND REFINED MASCULINE SCENT! Another home run from the Ralph Lauren house. This one is not very well known. It was discontinued a couple years ago and was released back onto the market, to my knowledge without reformulation. I don't find this one to be as good as the original Polo (Green) but it certainly stands on its own two feet. I find it is very properly named because it has a base of greens and aldehydes which give it a rugged and outdoor feel. I think its most prominent note is leather, which I absolutely love. It is a very elegant fragrance which I find promotes an exuberant gentle confidence. I really like it and would suggest it to anyone who likes masculine scents and its tired of the presently popular best sellers. The only issue I have with Safari is its presentation. The bottle is cheap. Looks wonderful but when you pick it up you can tell your money didn't exactly go to the best looking crystal. I wear this casually year round but particularly enjoy it on a mild sunny summer day, as I said, properly named.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Comes in a ridiculous "faux elegant" bottle. Most reviewers detect a leather scent, but I'm getting lavender-citrus. It's not bad, but it's not especially good, either. Kind of trashy. It smells mass market to me. Clean up on Aisle 4 of the T.J. Maxx.

My wife is okay with it.

It was amusing watching the personable young gal at Sephora decant this into a sample spray bottle - it just about gagged her, and she made various stink faces. (Single guys take note: This is never a good sign if you intend to use cologne to attract women.) Her co-worker, when called over, agreed and made stink faces of her own.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

The best Ralph Lauren in my opinion, Safari is a timeless classic, almost fougere.
Woody aromatic opens with intense notes of lavender, lemon and aldehydes that give an almost icy freshness and a slightly herbal.
The heart becomes slightly hot and spicy, cinnamon gives this touch and with it, a light floral touch. The base is wrapped in comfy leather and musk and woody nuances by patchoui and sandalwood.
A woody bright, that smells like wealth, luxury and power.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

The 2nd best fragrance Ralphie has ever made. Period. New version, as is Polo Green, is different, but the essences of the originals are still there. Safari is like Polo Green's manly spicy adventurous cousin. Albeit, in spirit, as the two do not smell anything alike. I have used Safari since the mid to late 90's and have only twice ever found it in gift set's ( one with a 4.2 edt & aftershave, one with mini edt and 1.7 oz shower gel) Also once found a 2.0oz bottle at TJ Maxx yrs ago. Needless to say I feel it will be yanked any day now. It just doesnt seem to sell well, even though it's smell is fantastic. Many compliments from women, and men. I use this at least twice a week still. Most if not all have never heard of it. Only once have I ever found someone who was wearing it, and I think I freaked them out by immediately knowing what they were wearing, lol Just get some while you can, this is the next Polo Crest- In terms of people who will be reminiscing about it and driving its prices up on Ebay in about 10 yrs.

peake1
peake1

Inside this classic RL bottle is an amazing lavender, lemon and leather masculine fragrance! So smooooth subtly spicy and very addictive. I have just started to wear this 90's scent and it takes me back to another time when I would smell this on the older cool preppy guys with their polo shirts collar up and a beautiful girl on their arm. This is a people pleaser for everyone from your Grandmother to that first date your trying to impress. Find a bottle before it's all gone and rediscover a great era in men's "colognes."

Scent-9
Longevity-7
Projection-5

simpatica
simpatica

Love this perfume. It was my ex' perfume 19 yrs. ago. It's not too strong yet it smells really nice. A classic from the 90's and it really looks so posh.

fabdamico
fabdamico

I absolutely love the bottle, but I find the scent much too mature and aggressive for my liking.

lickthetins
lickthetins

tobacco, leather, spice, grass and grit. I smelled this in a magazine 15 years ago and haven't forgotten it. It should be a controlled substance. causes ovulation in women.

tna11
tna11

I got this from gifs really amazing smell I use it mostly in winter and it sure enjoyment to wear safari for me I still have bottle few juice left so might buy this again when run out and I don't think there is another perfume smell like this one and its smell really classy make u feel real gentleman if u know what i mean. I personally think this fragrance is one of best from ralph lauren I have own.

thanks for reading

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Got this cheap at wall mart awhile back didn't to much like this but I'm a opening mine person welling to try something once

haasemanzi
haasemanzi

It smells of wealth!!!

mynameischarlie

I loved the smell of this but it just would never last on me so I returned it. I tried several testers of it to make sure it wasn't just a bad bottle. For me it had a life of about 2 hours.

Dinahzita
Dinahzita

This is such an amazing scent. It smells good on everyone I've ever smelled it on, it smells good at all hours of the day and in any kind of weather. When I told people it was a men's perfume, many people didn't believe it, though it smelled masculine enough on every man I know who wore it. Timeless, I think.

meshary007
meshary007

Ralph Lauren Safari .. Classic Fresh

A must have for every classic man
Smells like old type of after shave "Old spice"
Fresh Lavender

scent 9.8/10

Ralph Lauren Safari .. Feel The Journey

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Younger brother of Pasha de Cartier, this is a tad spicier a nice alternative for today's young generation (if you are sick and tired of aquatics), is and always will be a classic! 8/10

Chet56
Chet56

The polling results are interesting because I always thought of Safari for Men as a warm weather day scent - although I wore it as an all-occasion fragrance year 'round. Perhaps it is because I first saw it in the Ralph Lauren store at Ala Moana Shopping Center. Safari for Men not only is a fragrance I enjoy wearing (and others like too), the branding and marketing position reinforce my personal image - adventurous and refined, American and cosmopolitan. The woody and spicy notes speak of caravansaries in Central Asia, East African savannas, trips through the Panama Canal and leathery libraries in London. For kids who grew up on Tarzan movies and came of age to Raiders of the Lost Ark, Safari for Men is the perfect signature fragrance.

Jellynifer
Jellynifer

One of my favorites for a guy, the scent, the bottle, everything.

jtappenden
jtappenden

Very sensual.Very good.

ZELJO
ZELJO

a good one for men in his 40s like me, soft,not to be noticed in a flamboyant way and suitable for most occasions...and the bottle THATS elegance

The late 1980s and early 1990s represented the Golden Age of the Baroque Fougere, and Safari for Men has its place among them. By this time, the idea to include a "fresh" element seems to have become popular. Red for Men by Giorgio of Beverly Hills and Quorum are two examples (and I only mean the original formulations of them). Red went with mint and Quorum with grapefruit. Safari went with a eucalyptus quality. Red was about the sequoia, Quorum a leathery tobacco, and Safari with leather and wood. Of course, there are a whole lot of other notes involved. You either like this kind of busy fragrance or you don't. One thing that's very important to me with these fragrances is balance, which not all possess (I find Santos to be too sweet, for example). Safari begins a bit unbalanced, but not offensive, and over time it balances out nicely. In my experience, you have to wear these kinds of fragrances several times over a course of months to fully appreciate them. Many people probably don't have that kind of patience, even if they don't mind wearing these "old" fragrances.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Ralph Lauren's Safari represents the apex of achievement in fragrance under the Ralph Lauren name. From the packaging bearing the classic crest to the actual juice inside, Safari is a tip of the hat to the more gentlemanly days of a citrus top over a classy balance of florals and a leather, vetiver and sandalwood dry down to keep things rather stately.
There is nothing rather groundbreaking nor daring about Safari. Safari's greatness is achieved through its professionally first rate blending and the abilities of its notes to create a greater whole that emits an air of composure through its full-flavored yet fresh organic conception.
The bergamot and lemon notes stand out early, mixing with eucalyptus and/or a synthetic mint/green note that gives Safari a rather herbal citric feel. The middle notes are mostly common spice garden varieties with a touch of floral, with the basil, geranium, thyme and especially the cinnamon blending well with the top to create a rather classic and well-worn familiarity accentuated by the slightest touch of feminine floral to give Safari a higher range than usual for its time.
The dry down is a standard Polo trademark, the cedarwood, oak moss, patchouli, sandalwood, leather and vetiver allow for the floral and herbal middle notes to stretch out and live deep into the dry down.
Safari is for the wearer looking for a bit more substance and full range in his cologne. Someone who can appreciate the past and is sophisticated enough to understand the great art of attempting to achieve timelessness while still remaining very much modern and vivid. Safari offers these things and is highly recommendable for formal and professional occasions, but shouldn't be rushed into. It is best recommended for men 35 and over but is especially enjoyable to those who have experimented with scents a bit and can fully appreciate its classical pretensions and full-bodied professional execution of Safari.
Longevity is outstanding, with 8-12 hours the norm and 14 not inconceivable on some. Projection is also fantastic, with 6+ hours the norm before it turns a bit toward a skin scent.
A showpiece in any collection that is a bit harder to find than the other Polo releases, but is well worth the effort looking for it.

oxm
oxm

Safari by Ralph Lauren for a long time, I underestimated, perhaps because of another fragrance
I think his double nose (similar as two drops of perfume), the scent in question, or maybe it was: Duke of Atkinsons.
Now, I do not know if Duke is still for sale but Safari now shines its own light, is nothing short of magnificent fragrance, fresh and spicy, elegant and gentle, all in
a bottle magic magic but so empty when it could get out of the Genie of the Lamp (if you have recovered from the hangover)
and my first wish is to make him fill up again.
Citrus fruits and spices from delirium, to prove on foggy days in the cold that creeps in his lapel.

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

Ralph Lauren Safari is an extraordinary perfume. All starts with the stunning Colonial bottle, bold and proud with the great emblem of the Ralph Lauren House, like a carafe filled with Good Times of Empire instead of whisky in some lord's colony mansion trophee room. Work of art.
Very bitter and little sweet-sour opening of artemisia and herbs with a warm citric touch invites to the Safari.
Opening is strong, vibrant, twirling the nose – I blame lovely coumarin. I understand that „Safari” is only a name, a slogan, but opening is indeed Wild and Grassy. Not necessarily reminds of Africa, but surely a hot summer-meadow aroma, this of pale sun-dried grass and aromatic, green herbs near the ground. A little dusty also, it's somehow calm but sharps senses – just in case? So wild. I believe that's why it's considered as a formal office/business scent – „you never know”, „be always ready”.
More about mixture, there isn't mentioned in the list of notes but I believe there is an eucalyptus note in here – not African at all, but certainly exotic, moreover: warm, dusty and fresh with no doubt. Or maybe it's only an impression.
As the fragrance settles down on the skin, then I still feel bitter artemisia, but also a metallic mix of carnation, leather, cinnamon and 'eucalyptic' note, it's possible that is cyclamen, which I cannot distinguish. The heart is only a little less bitter and less fresh but certainly more flowery, sweeter, warmer. More Colonial, more African. The projection is wonderful! The aroma blends pleasantly and notes cross over each other making the fragrance changing as a whole part slowly, so the note pyramid has many, not only three levels.
The drydown is the most animalic here, musky, woody also with a touch of carnation and leather from the core. Definitely sweet, warm and gentle, lasts this way for a day-long. A charming near-skin aura of sweetness and spiciness with a metallic touch of leather – base is very natural, where animalic and vegetable notes combine with elegance.
The opening and heart is detectable for a quite long time – top notes surround for about an hour or two, while heart for couple of hours. What is important, the sillage of the heart is soft but undoubted. I just adore all stages of the fragrance, but personally I lust for the core – heart notes. They are most detectable for myself, with just brilliant development. Warm, vibrant, elegant, spicy, mature. Exquisite!
Wearing Ralph Lauren's Safari makes me just peaceful during an ordinary day in rush. Sometimes, when I find some time to think and wear it, Safari reminds me of an adventure beyond all time. Adventure which is always on the horizon and which is called Life... So many things to see, experience, think about... The perfume isn't mysterious, deep, noir, modern, shocking... It's bright, calm, gentle, elegant, vivid, down to earth, true and timless.
Great choice for sunday afternoon garden party, to the office, for some occasion or just everyday – depending on the mood. Though I agree, the shirts fit best with RL Safari.
One of the most impressive fragrances I've ever encountered. No matter how commecial it is.

alassouli
alassouli

I hate leathery notes in any perfume for example a very famous perfume called Fahrenheit original for men, but this Safari (leather notes) is an exception. It is a real man's perfume. My dad has used it for years and many times I gave him this as a gift. My husband's B-day is coming up and I am willing to gift him either this one or Givenchy Pi. Pi by Givenchy, Safari, and LA NUIT L HOMME By YVESSAINTLAURENT YSL For MEN are my top three favorites for men.

Note: Attract ladies... it is wonderful tool LOL.

[14/11/2011]

behzad1280
behzad1280

Twenty years, it’s not a long time ago!
Probably this cologne attracts men by first impression and after a month they will get tired of it totally! The same story happens for many unusual colognes either!
Not unique and peerless. And …Yes, it reminds me “Pasha de Cartier by Cartier” and I wonder both of them released at 1992!

بوی گرم و خاص اون شبیه به ادکلن پاشا کارتیــر هست با این تفاوت که این عطر کمی گرم‌تر و دلنشین‌تره
در کل عطر چندان منحصربفرد و جذابی نیست
دوام و پخش بوی اون هم در حد متوسطه

crysna
crysna

oh my! love this fragrance,one of my dad favorites, is very refined perfect to wear on a date or night out, smells perfect not to strong and not to soft. well done mr. Ralph Lauren a true classic!

silvrsrfr
silvrsrfr

My classic, which I wore for many years. good sillage, lasts. A semi-formal scent with dark resinous spicey base. I recently ran out & the only reason I'm looking for something else is my wife wants me to try something different for a change!

bp
bp

Excellent in all respects.
It has a brilliant olfactory composition.
The bottle is superb.
The brand is modern and original.
What more can you ask for in a perfume?
I love it.

mynameischarlie

I loved the fragrance but I don't give it high marks because it only lasts on my skin for two hours max.

krmarich
krmarich

This is the one brief shining moment for Ralph Lauren. In the 1990s, trend was lighter & cleaner than decades before. This shimmering masterpiece is all of that and more. Safari was rugged and romantic. Its bottle remains the most elegant on my dresser. Its contents are equally treasured, and now used on very special occasions.

Most reviews below often mention its linear quality. I think it does develop ever so gradually and slowly. The sharp aldehydes bring the leather, lavender and sandalwood to your attention immediately. The florals weave between the patcholi and oakmoss with much grace. Carnation, rose and jasmine have a dry quality. The leather and sandalwood dominate the closing, allowing the cedar appear. Its is green and golden.

Its stately and composed like a fine symphony. I would catagorize it as more of a woody chypre, but then its so much more than that. The oakmoss and sandalwood project far and wide, much like the African savannah.

What is the best occasion to wear it? I rarely do because of its scarcity. Here is a suggestion: Pour a whisky, grab the one you love and watch Out of Africa...

dakdana
dakdana

Very good one. My sister got me my first bottle ten years ago and i've used about a total of 8 bottles so far all from her. Must confess its a masterpiece and people keep asking what it is....

xerces1492
xerces1492

I take back the comment I posted last year. This cologne is like a good wine, it gets better with age. Of course, for those of the younger generation this cologne may turn you off but you'll grow into it. Most people aren't turned off to the smell, it lasts, and projects. Be careful for counterfeits, this one only recently came back on the market.

midos
midos

so nice parfum! 30+. class
longevity 5 to 8 urs!

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

Nice fresh fragrance that I find quite linear and stays close to the skin . I find its 'old school' soapyness quite appealing in this scent .I always keep going back to this one but can never really decide when is the most appropriate occasion to wear this one ?

hovvy
hovvy

One of my favourites. It is a real man's scent. I get compliments every time wear it.

twlahue
twlahue

i really liked this one. it has a similar vibe to the original polo, but a bit more wearable. my wife said that it is not one that she would pick for me though...

so, i guess i wont be getting this one. i liked it, but did not love it.

samihardanian
samihardanian

Its one of the best choices i recommand it to special men age over 40 years.

Freshmike
Freshmike

I wasn't in love with this cologne. I gave it to a friend of mine who seems to like it. It reminded me of an "older man" scent so it didn't suit me. My name is Mike and I APPROVE this review!

bra_chorni

unisexual playful fresh sexy and elegent,great for indian summers and da monsoons,picking up sandalwood and lemon,mom loves it so do many others,,hell yes its mine now.

bra_chorni

unisexual,sexy fruity refreshing,long lasting all at dat same time.my signature scent,mom loves it and many others,love da chunky bottle,had da 4.2ounce edt,used it for da indian summer and da monoons,da sandalwood and da lemon works like magic in this one,LOVE IT.

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

suitable for office, very musculane and worth a try

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

This is such a great smell, classic, casual, warm.
My only problem is that my paedeotrician wore this, so do
I want to smell like my childhood doctor?
Well he smelt fantastic, so yes :-)

Limelight
Limelight

This was my trademark in the early to mid 90s. I had to smell it again the other day, and it was like cheating with an old girlfriend. All the great memories came firing back and i had to put the bottle down. It taunted me from its familiar bottle and the tiny sample stayed with me for maybe an hour and it was gone.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

To me this is a scent from the past & even tho it was created in 1992 it smells older than that. I would compare Escada Homme to this & I much prefer Escada Homme over this. Both are of an old school feel yet IMO, Escada is superior in smell & class! Safari has good longevity & last a long time 6+ hours. But im not fond of that spice smell I get from this. It has a nice bottle if you collect such things, but the juice is a no go for me. Im not a fan of Polo's scents & there is a reason for that, they just dont appeal to my taste.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Very pleasant, sweet, leather, soapy fragrance. Does not evolve on my skin, stays as one note, but, it is a lovely smell. The soapyness reminds me of Jazz which is great. Staying power is good, projection is fine too. For the mature gentleman. Classy bottle and a classic scent!

andrevarx
andrevarx

A very classic EDT woody, with light colors and thin, very relaxing. Has notes that allow you to be casual and formal at the same time. With a quality similar to the Romance of RL, but with his touch a bit more herbaceous.

Preferred age range for middle-aged men to mature, too mature for teens. Good quality in the fragrance.

guest_Gee
guest_Gee

its just amazing smelss very gud and classy

guest_wendy
guest_wendy

Love this classic on my husband especially the mid, end notes.

Venom
Venom

Great classic scent. Well worth a purchase. Not an everyday scent, more formal to me then anything. Confident and strong. Just don't over do it.

the wow factor is there for safari men.. the base note is totally awsome!!!

aromaminx
aromaminx

i have worn this {a female} and asked by both genders what scent i was wearing.my chemistry suits this and the female version repels me lol.it is an intense sexy green scent,fabulous sillage and can be worn from morning til at least cocktail hour. so if you are a confident gent....search it out.

asmahtp
asmahtp

a very fine fragrance for men.Masculine and sexy scent for a very confident man. A classic.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

LOVE this on a man. All I can say. Oh, I had a crush on my 32 year old neighbor when I was 16...he wore this cologne..this is all I shall say in the matter.

AalaAM
AalaAM

What makes this clog ne especial is the intensity and longevity of it which is based on the concentration of the aromatic compounds, I recommend every woody aromatic lovers to own a one. I used to wear this back then when I was at school and I used to steal it from Daddy, and I just got this from best friend Osama and I was blown away, gosh it has broughta a lot memories back again.

guest_Shok
guest_Shok

I owned my first bottle in 2000 and now a decade later, I'm hooked again.
Safari is a fragrance that oozes class, masculinity and sophistication.
It truly is a classic, in my opinion.
Something about this fragrance does it for the ladies!!!

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

Hi tekindeniro, this fabulous perfume is still in the market!! I've just bought it a month ago,u should try to get it somewhere more reliable. Btw HK, do have it in the department stores.love this!! :)

vin570
vin570

Sorry, Tekindeniro, but it's still in production. You shouldn't be saying that there are only forged versions available on market.

Tekindeniro
Tekindeniro

Hello all! This is Tekin De Niro from Istanbul, Turkey. Ralph Lauren Safari for men is absolutely my favourite. It is a real shame this product is discontinoued. Anything you might be able to find on the market is made in Hong Kong and doesn't smell anything like Safari used to smell.

r0bdigz
r0bdigz

Used this in high school. A little went a long way. My girlfriend at the time loved it. Most likely because I didn't smell like a young boy.

guest_eric
guest_eric

My brother bought me a gift set of Safari several Christmas's ago. I never really decided to wear it but after sometime I thought I would try it. I couldn't believe how many people asked me what I was wearing! They said it is very seductive yet manly! It is truly a great scent for a man.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Oh, I realized I never wrote anything about this and since I'm residing at my place all the time without daily going out through perfume stores, I guess I can write about this one..
I found half empty 75ml bottle in depths of my house and decided to keep it for myself. I can't call myself a lover of scents Pour Homme, but this one has special meaning for me when someone makes me angry and I feel like I need a real strenght and then I use this one- it's warm and makes me feel cozy. It's green opening is very delicate, green and there's absolutely nothing feminine in it. And aldehydes won't bite my nose. I use very much of it though, also it's very uncomfortable because it's a splash botte and I often end up spilling it all over. But bottle itself is very great and suits very confident people. Longetivity also is great- lasts all day (..well, at least if you bathe in it.. ^-^)

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

This was very powerfull stuff. It was spicy and very strong. A little did go a long way. The bottle was rather classy too.

periquito89
periquito89

I know this scent since it was launched. I first smelled it in a magazine, and so ... smelling it again took me back to 1992. I'm neutral about this. I mean, it's not bad, but I feel like something is missing (despite the many notes this fragrance has on its description) to turn this to a more pleasant, elegant, classic scent. It is a male scent indeed, but I use to remember two things: some cleanning smell - and this is not good, or a green blend with eucalyptus in it, witch reminds me some kind of grove - and this is just so so. Maybe it could be a safe choice for office or business, but I would no longer use it. Longevity and the bottle are good ":-).

vertigo
vertigo

What a fantastic bottle! It looks like a bottle for tipples.

What a great scent! Elegant, warm, assiduous, delicate and sensual.

For independent, self-confident men, who like crazy adventures and realize their most unusual dreams. For men of XXI century!

m_pooka
m_pooka

I used this one a lot, but needed to try something different. If I remember well, it has quite a good longevity, a fair projection and sells a rational sophisticated image. Great choice for young adults who want to make a statement.

ticalau
ticalau

The base notes looks absolutely stunning!! waw... just the whole thing looks great, the bottle, notes... I must check this :D

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

when description comes we shall know more, but for now, the range of components is stunning. i like the bottle. :)i find it very manfully elegant.

2007

Safari for Men by Ralph Lauren 3.99 out of 5 based on 452 ratings and 81 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ralph Lauren Safari for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ralph Lauren Safari for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Safari for Men by Ralph Lauren. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Safari for Men by Ralph Lauren represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.