Designers » R S » Leather « Groups

Mon Cuir Ramon Monegal for women and men

Mon Cuir Ramon Monegal for women and men
dislike

leather
Mon Cuir Ramon Monegal for women and men Pictures Mon Cuir Ramon Monegal for women and men Pictures Mon Cuir Ramon Monegal for women and men Pictures Mon Cuir Ramon Monegal for women and men Pictures

Mon Cuir by Ramon Monegal is a Leather fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Ramon Monegal. The fragrance features russian leather, orange blossom, labdanum, musk, sandalwood, indonesian patchouli leaf and nutmeg.

"Daring and insistent. Skin to skin, leather infused with musk. A bohemian attitude, honey from Labdanum and Sandalwood creating a free, flexible and adaptable spirit." Mon Cuir was launched in 2012.

Russian Leather Orange Blossom Labdanum Musk Sandalwood Indonesian Patchouli Leaf Nutmeg

Mon Cuir Fragrance Reviews

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

I have to be honest, this house realllllly threw me off. I say this Bc I was excited to try this and dry wood thinking they would be the best going off notes...nope. They are the worst. Actually I just ordered cuirelle as its my favorite out of the ones I tried. Agar musk isn't bad, but it's a incense bomb and if you have, Xerjoff Zefiro, Clive v for men or Armani prive Bose de encens, it's all the same really.
This scent is just a mess honestly. It smells like a cheap China leather heated up in a small box of plastic with something floral trying to come through , like the way a urnial cake tries to cover up piss or something.
4/10 scrubber

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

A musky sweet leather with very low silage. Judging by the pyramid you would think it's a beast but that is untrue. Orange blossom and leather don't mix at all and the musk adds a BO type of feel which is strange IMO. Try before you buy this one. I think the house in general is a failure right along with Phaedon and Six Scents.

trippy
trippy

a chemical take on floral leather..a waste of time... and money

Q80
Q80

it's Russian leather minimized to the letter. it has that soapy powdery effect upon leather accord, it's like the light essence of light paige gray color car leather, it's truly elegant and not risky at all. i see it as the lighter version of Grand cuir by Retro.

Ramon Monegal fragrances fits all tastes and i guess this brand isn't that niche, i mean it surely has quality i admit that to the max but i can't see any factor that make RM different than any other common brand but their quality. they need to work a bit more on their fragrances and break the repetition that they are making & kick that smoothness at least for once because honestly i see their collection is for older people only (and i mean 50+ older).

btw, my Bro is a model and he is into commercial fragrances which brings me headaches. While we were in London he didn't bring his fragrances so he borrowed this one from me and wore it before going to a night club. Honestly, i can't tell how many ladies has flirted with him and told him "you smell good" that of course besides telling him the usual sentence he is used too "you look hot" & which i personally despise ;P ..... no i don't... just joking :P

hint: *Use this in bed when you are with someone & see how magic works ;)

Cereza
Cereza

"Mon Cuir" is a rather pleasing leather fragrance. It develops around musk and it's rather sweet, though this is truly unisex.
The initial blast at the opening is a bit rubbery, but soon it settles to a creamy and sweet musk and sandalwood accord, the heart part for me was very much dominated by nutmeg making the leather both soapy and powdery, I did get a bit baby powder resemblance, which I can't say was unpleasant.
The drydown gets a bit too heavy on musk for me, I get a slight urine note.

Silage wise this is on the low side and staying power is rather good - around 7 shy hours.

gmstrack
gmstrack

Mon Cuir by Ramon Monegal opens with beautiful smoky patchouli accompanied by citrus and musk. The opening is fleeting, however, and MC quickly transforms into realistic leather that transforms one’s skin into a new handbag or a nice pair of boots. The leather note is pleasant, albeit plastic-y—which isn’t necessarily off-putting—but feeling like a walking handbag or an air freshener in the shoe department just isn’t my thing. This is simply my personal taste and I tend to be picky about leather fragrances, but I’ve sniffed enough to know that this one just doesn’t stand out enough from the crowd for me to put it on the “must sniff” list. On the other hand, leather fans might love this, so don’t let my complaining stop you. Go. Sniff.

It rubs the lotion on its skin 3/5

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Nice citrus-orange-bergamot opening on a leather-vanilla accord, with a bold sticky and animalic heart and quite a massive powdery feel around. The initial overall smell is quite classic, that type of gloomy animalic chypre like in Jicky, with uncomparable less depth, strenght, complexity – in short, more of a "tribute" (feeling nice today; otherwise, I'd say "parody"). Everything sounds more linear, simple, synthetic and toned down. But, it is still somehow decent. The worst part is the evolution, after a while you basically get an annoying and cloying smell of sticky warm soup, a sort of hot rubbery accord which manages to be at the same time dull and irritating. The drydown is basically a safraleine-like note (synthetic rubbery leather) with a resinous/vanilla feel, sweetish and flabby. The only "pro" is that both persistence and projection are rather weak.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Extremely powdery to the point of smelling like scented toilet paper along with a synthetic leather note. Do I dare admit that I noticed a slight feculent quality? Absolutely repugnant. I am hoping that LuckyScent made a mistake and sent me an incorrect sample. My nostrils are still recovering. (60)

ravenna
ravenna

Leather leather leather- through and through. No suede, horse saddle or S&M gear are to be found here. Instead this to me smells exactly of luxury handbags or rarefied driving gloves- and little else. Such a true to life scent in this case frankly strikes me as odd, why would I want to smell like a human handbag? But I've never really been able to get into the leather genre so this comes as no surprise. I prefer my leather notes tucked into a larger overall picture, as an accent to other overtures. But, if you are a leather "soliflore" fan I would definitely check this one out, it may be just the thing. Projection was average and longevity quite good.

rosecat
rosecat

I find i prefer Monegals leather creations over his florals. Very warm, the notes that stand out apart from the leather & orange blossom are something like benzoin, even though its not listed above. its powdery sweet in the drydown and here i pick up the nutmeg & orange blossom notes strongly. Its quite beautifully blended. A rather nice Leather perfume, unisex yes, the white floral notes work well.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I had earlier reviewed this scent and said I didn't like it even though I thought it was really well done. After trying it on my skin a few more times I can say that yes, it is a brilliantly done leather and the drydown is soft and beautiful. There is still, however, those first few moments when you know the handsome polo player just got off his horse in his expensive boots and he may have stepped in a little something on his way to get the cup for the winning team. But leather and horses and everything about horses go together so it's all good. I'm liking this now. I don't think I would ever wear it- I wear Monegal's brilliant Cuirelle, a floral with leather, but I do now appreciate the artistry of Mon Cuir.

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

Mon Cuir is a fine fragrance, well done and not too far off the beaten track. It is a neighbor to such perfumes as Jaïpur Homme, Jicky or Givenchy Pi. The leathery, or better: birch tar appeal is only for refinement.
The florals are a borderline case. They are not just orange blossom - and definitely not natural orange blossom oil. They have too much longevity to be natural. Besides the orange blossom, there is also a twist towards tuberose and gardenia, and it is slightly candy-like. At least, this note prevents Mon Cuir from being a bore. Although there is only a small amount of florals, this specific accord is distinct enough to be well discernible, and the way that it shows up makes Mon Cuir an altogether problematic fragrance.
The floral note is much more present in the sillage of Mon Cuir than directly on skin – and it does have sillage! But directly on skin, everything is dominated by tonka and the supposed benzoin. This makes it really difficult to evaluate the fragrance, and I very much doubt that the majority of customers will be aware of that behavior when testing it at a shop. It makes me grin: some male customers may consider themselves quite macho wearing Mon Cuir while they send out ladylike wafts to their environment!
Mon Cuir is great for women who like that tonka and benzoin style, but as a gent’s fragrance, you should use it with consideration. Try to be aware of the flowers, and keep in mind – they are pretty much synthetic, so they will not wither! After two hours, the whole fragrance breaks down into a powdery muskiness, but the flowery sillage will still be there. I think, Mon Cuir might appeal to fans of Prada’s Amber pour Homme – the strength of Mon Cuir’s florals does not quite reach that of Prada’s violets.
For a test of Mon Cuir I should give the advice to withstand the lure of sniffing directly at the skin area where it was applied to. Be patient and wait until a natural draft gives Mon Cuir back to you the way everybody else around you will get it. Or maybe put a paper strip of it somewhere and come back later – the secret will become clear.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ramon Monegal Mon Cuir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ramon Monegal Mon Cuir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mon Cuir by Ramon Monegal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mon Cuir by Ramon Monegal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.