Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

Umbra Ramon Monegal for women and men

Umbra Ramon Monegal for women and men
dislike

Umbra Ramon Monegal for women and men Pictures Umbra Ramon Monegal for women and men Pictures Umbra Ramon Monegal for women and men Pictures Umbra Ramon Monegal for women and men Pictures

Umbra by Ramon Monegal is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Ramon Monegal. The fragrance features haitian vetiver, serbian oakmoss, black pepper, bourbon geranium, canadian fir and tonka bean.

"Essence of the earth, capturing the bitter scent of Vetyver root, under the freshness of musk, the texture of Lichen and spruce balsam and that like a shadow define its soul and its perfume."

Haitian Vetiver Serbian Oakmoss Black Pepper Bourbon Geranium Canadian Fir Tonka Bean

Kenzo Homme Eau de Toilette Boisee

Umbra Fragrance Reviews

protosv
protosv

Wonderful fragrance with strong vetiver, fir, and though it's not listed, I get a mint accord as well. The pepper, mint and fir fade, and the vetiver stays through all the way to the sweeter vetiver drydown, which comes 8-10 hours later on me. There is also a lurking faint lemon-citrus accord in the background that sometimes makes a fleeting appearance, only to disappear moments later. I almost get an amber-like accord in the drydown as well, which is also very pleasant. Projection is good for the first 6 hours, then down to skin scent, lasting for 4 more hours. Overall, this is a very pleasant scent, and while it isn't groundbreaking, it's sure to garner compliments for you.

All that said, absolutely do not buy this scent, as you'll be wasting your hard-earned money. Instead, head to Amazon or the Bay, where you can find 1.7oz bottles of Kenzo Homme Boisee (Woody), which this smells literally IDENTICAL to. You will pay approximately one fifth the price of Umbra, and will have lots of spare cash in your wallet to boot. I have Umbra on one arm and Kenzo on the other, and the while the Kenzo has slightly more mint and pepper in the opening (which I like), they are otherwise identical, right down to the 10-hour longevity. I also find the Kenzo projects better, which I like as well. Overall, Umbra is a very pleasant scent, and if you love it, you'd be doing yourself a huge disservice if you didn't check out the Kenzo first.

Lana148
Lana148

Silky smooth, soft vetiver. Some geranium, black pepper and fir tree smell peaks through. Nothing too innovative but super pleasant and fresh. Beautiful green fragrance - classy and easy to wear.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Citrus opening on a weird, unsettling, metallic/ozonic base – same note I detected in at least other 3 Monegal's. Mentholated and calone-ish balsamic accents, something shady and organic like oak moss, soft musks, some flowers. Wax-like vetiver – which I never like, and I don't get why so many contemporary vetivers do have that awful glue-like smell. I like this more when the flowers kind of "morphs" into a nice accord of sweet and talcum notes, while the vetiver note becomes more rubbery and soft. This creates a sort of weird but interesting suede-like texture which I quite enjoy. Then again, a change; this all melts and slowly becomes almost a chypre accord with a balsamic breeze – yes, kind of Mitsouko realm here, respectfully talking. While overall I don't like Monegal that much, I must admit I quite enjoy this fragrance – the notes, the materials are bit "meh...", but still it has a nice and intriguing story to tell, with quite a lot of twists and surprises.

7,5/10

bcray82
bcray82

Think white crisp shirt and a navy suit, yellow tie in April.This this clean upbeat well rounded fragrance. Reminds me of Moschino Uomo but a little more softer powdery undertones. You could save 130 bucks and get the Moschino, unless you want a to spend a little more for something more refined. I see this more as a day scent. Definitely clean and is not loud.

bananas
bananas

I wanted to purchase an expensive high quality fragrance FROM Spain, to remind me of my travels through this amazing country last year whilst I was there.

Stumbled across this wonderful parfumery boutique in San Sebastien stocking all the beautiful & special niche fragrance houses I have seen & read about in magazines & this site.
UMBRA by Mr Monegal was my choice & it is sublime.

Unisex in nature. Not cloying, sweet, floral or sickly. The cool 'dampness' & wet but summery feel of this scent reminds me of the coastal walk between Getaria & Zaragoza, 2 quaint, postcard perfect, Northern coastal towns of Basque Spain.

The warmth & summery vibe of the sea & blue blue sky with the sun beating down on one side….the moist coolness & relief of the abundant, green, almost tropical, luscious hilly growth on the other side.

This is what UMBRA conjures up for me when I wear it now….back here in Australia.
Lush & happy travel memories…...

jhitt793
jhitt793

A brilliant vetiver scent, with a quite beautifully done balsam note. The inclusion of black pepper and geranium leaves pick up the spiciness of the vetiver, and add balance to the musky tree moss. The overall accord is one of an earthy dryness mixed with a verdant vegetal quality. Conjures up images of a moss laden forest just before dusk. (61)

esteban747
esteban747

Geranium and spicy pepper.
Masculine and fresh.
The Canadian fir is fabulous, it gives to this composition a little note of Pino Silvestre in a remastered and modernized way.
This is the type of fragrance that most houses would associate with the outdoors, mountains, lakes, etc.
Nice, masculine.
I'm not crazy about it, even though I think it's a great scent. It doesn't feel too daring or innovative.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

This is amazing. The vetiver is green and sharp very similar to Sycamore in my opinion. However, the tonka contrasts with it giving it a spicy-sweetness and the gernaium adds an herbal/sharpness...it is all supported by a mossy vibe and which is giving it a classic feel very nicely done and a perfect signature scent for the mature and refined. I like Agar but find it too similar to other ouds on the market..this one is quite unique with what it offers.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is the most beautiful vetiver ever. It does not over-power. All the ingredients mesh and the drydown is restrained- I agree with alfaron As a woman I will wear this andlove it. The drydown is spicy and green with a bit of woodiness, too, which is guess is the oakmoss. Such beautiful balance. I am a huge fan of Monegal perfumes. Amazing. Perfect vetiver concerto. Showcasing the main event but not letting it take over the whole ensemble. Gorgeous chords- the perfect note ultimately. An evening fragrance I would say. Perfect for an evening with a bit of spicy food or something substantial like lamb with red wine. Hmmm.

Umbra is a dry, kinda sweet-balmy, woody-mossy vetiver. A solid rosy-geranium plays a central role providing both fresh and old-school facet. Kinda soapy. To be completely honest, it actually opens with a modern accord of green fresh vetiver and pepper to then quickly evolve into a sweeter woody-mossy balsamic drydown that's definitely more old-fashioned.

Interesting if you like restrained mascluine fragrances. Turns great on a woman...

Rating: 6.5-7/10

Umbra by Ramon Monegal 3.93 out of 5 based on 52 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ramon Monegal Umbra fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ramon Monegal Umbra, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Umbra by Ramon Monegal. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Umbra by Ramon Monegal represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.