Designers » R S » Floral Fruity « Groups

Eugenie Rance 1795 for women

Eugenie Rance 1795 for women
dislike

Eugenie Rance 1795 for women Pictures Eugenie Rance 1795 for women Pictures

Eugenie by Rance 1795 is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Eugenie was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Jeanne Sandra Rance. Top notes are passionfruit, melon, mandarin orange, lily-of-the-valley and bergamot; middle notes are magnolia, orange blossom, peach, jasmine and rose; base notes are orris, sandalwood, amber, vanilla, oakmoss and vetiver.

Ylang-Ylang Bergamot Mandarin Orange Lily-of-the-Valley Black Currant Passionfruit Melon White Flowers

Jasmine Neroli Rose Peach Magnolia Violet Leaf

Vetiver iris Sandalwood oak moss Amber Vanille

Eugenie Fragrance Reviews

juju0716
juju0716

If you are 30 or older and were expecting something BAM this is not it. This is a really GIRLY fragrance for teenagers and slighly older. The price might be misleading, because you typically won't expect perfumes for young girls to be this expensive. But yeah. This is for young girls.

It's a very pretty scent, but it doesn't smell any different than the "typical" pretty scents. So, if you were expecting something different and special. THIS IS NOT IT.

But for me, I really like it. It's the best out of the perfumes I've tried recently. I've tried many other fragrances that smell similar to this, but this is by far the most refined, and the most balanced of all.

I've never tried any of victoria's secret's fragrances, but I feel like they might have something like it because the image Eugenie gives me is something very similar to what I think of as Victoria's Secret.

Just imagine that you are in a high school or a college, and there's a really pretty girl sitting next to you. And this perfume smells just like what you would expect to smell from that pretty girl from your highschool.

Ellie-7
Ellie-7

"Meh" nothing special, over priced. Opens with a fruity sweetness which would be good for teenage girls with good taste. Certainly better than having them wear cheap celebrity brands. But if you're a woman looking for something memorable this is not it.

natella
natella

Like this sophisticated, subtle, very light scent.
If properly (very little amount) applied, it is with me all day long, yet not heavy or harsh.
Very girlish, womanly and yet fresh.

arrokaj
arrokaj

i got it for my bday. i liked it. different and elegant. the price it's a little bit high.

Most of all I feel the bergamot, blackcurrant, lily of the valley, melon, neroli, jasmine and violet leaves notes in this fragrance.

Light floral with citrusy lightness. Pure and delicate.

But it doesn't seem to me charming enough.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

The begin was not very promising but after some minutes it became a very pleasant, fruity smell - subtle is the best describtion of this fragrance - in any way but as many reviewers already noted: you can have the same for much less money!

BlackJade
BlackJade

On me this starts out as a white floral with a strong melon note, but after about an hour the sweetness gives way to a watery, slightly sharp scent very similar to Yves Rocher's Ming Shu Fleur Rare. Not bad, but too much of a transition for me.

janelle70
janelle70

Smells good on paper, good enough for me to grant it a spot on my "fragrance tester real estate", i.e., my forearms, on which I test 3 fragrances on each arm *lol* whenever I drop by the perfume section. But nothing spectacular on my skin, strangely. To make things worse, it was gone in about 2 hours!

9-na
9-na

A present. A little citrusy, a little flowery, backgroundish.

mylancome
mylancome

Eugenie is citrus fresh, suitable for hot summer. Not my type. But you like Miss Dior Eau Fraiche (Rance is better quality than Dior), that kind of citrus begamot fresh, Eugenie is for you.

Compare to Josephine, Josephine is more womanly, Eugenie is young lady.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

My Dear Eugenia...
At the beginning smells at me the bergamot, then after the hour are developed petals of flowers and fruit with stem,leaf.. . Magnificently she smells. Gently,suble and womanishly. A very little Laura Biagotti and Gucci Envy me with very hight class oil essence. The are very delicate notes and balancing. Not strong tacts.
Is splendid and the beloved. Such personal. I am glad Eugenia with I happened upon you.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Eugenie is my least favorite of the Rances that I've tested. This fact is surprising considering I often like fruity florals. It's more like a fruity aquatic. It reminds me very much of the opening notes of Escada's Into the Blue. This is certainly a fruity scent, but it's not as sweet as I would like. I was hoping the drydown would be nice, but I really couldn't detect any oakmoss in it or anything else that would salvage it from my "dislike" list. I hate to say it, but I would liken this to Cabotine Rose, which is the cheapest smelling floral fruity fragrance I've ever smelled.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

On me, this is very feminine and subtle. I like it best after the opening as the middle and base notes take over. Although it does have something that makes me want to cough initially (maybe an aldehyde in the spray tester I have), it's worth waiting a bit as it becomes a very tasteful floral. I also notice that it continues to change throughout the day which I find amazing and complex. Has great staying power and I'm still smelling it at 10 pm as I'm dressing for bed. It's definitely different in the evening, somehow deeper. I really love this fragrance!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I'm not nuts about fruity florals these days, but Eugenie is a nice one. I find it hard to believe that a melon, peach or passionfruit accord would have been achievable with the raw materials available when this scent was supposedly developed for Empress Eugenie. I imagine the original recipe has been through a bit of updating to suit modern sensibilities.

I've tried a couple times now, and it's . . . nice. Pleasant. Ultimately, nothing special that merits this price. As Leesee already noted, this one is dominated by the fruits. About four hours in, I could detect a lovely but fleeting hint of the iris that quickly disappeared into the general floral blend that I experienced as the dry-down.

Fans of fruity florals would probably like it but can get a similar effect from a lot of less expensive fragrances.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Disappointing to say the least. I was expcting something a bit more grand. Although the composition is nice, it quickly fades leaving a slight powdery rose trail. I'm not sure any one fruit stands out more than another for me.

I'd describe this as a tasteful fruity floral. A touch of sophistication, so it shouldn't be put in the same category as most other current fruity/florals on the market.

I wouldn't spend any money on it,even as beautiful as the bottle looks.

Leesee
Leesee

The legend behind this scent (or marketing ploy) is that it faithfully recreates a fine perfume that was once treasured by the Empress Eugenie. Perhaps Eugenie was a fruit-freak, because this scent is all about fruity notes, with melon being particularly dominant, followed by passionfruit. The floral notes, when they finally arrive, are charming, but not prominent enough to really register. The scent has impressive staying power, decent sillage, and of course, the dubious "legend" in its favor. But unless you really, really, really like fruity perfumes, you probably will not like Eugenie.

Eugenie by Rance 1795 3.95 out of 5 based on 83 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rance 1795 Eugenie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Rance 1795 Eugenie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eugenie by Rance 1795. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eugenie by Rance 1795 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.