Designers » R S » Woody « Groups

Replique Raphael for women

Replique Raphael for women
dislike

Replique Raphael for women Pictures

Replique by Raphael is a Woody fragrance for women. Replique was launched in 1944. Top notes are bergamot, sicilian lemon, cardamom, neroli, coriander, clary sage and aldehydes; middle notes are ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, egyptian jasmine, mimosa, tuberose, heliotrope and coumarin; base notes are oakmoss, olibanum, powdery notes, musk, ambergris, vetiver and patchouli.

Bergamot Sicilian Lemon Cardamom Neroli Coriander Clary Sage Aldehydes

Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Egyptian Jasmine Mimosa Tuberose Heliotrope Coumarin

Oakmoss Olibanum Powdery Notes Musk Ambergris Vetiver Patchouli

Tweed
Mystere

Replique Fragrance Reviews

I now have about 50 ml of the "spray mist" in a bottle that looks like it was made in the 1950s. It is a tall glass cylinder that is transparent with a metal cap (not the bottle pictured above, as the glass is fluted and the cap is more of a gold tone, and where the glass ends toward the top there is red band with the name Replique on it). There is a paper label on the bottom saying it was made by Raphael (1.9 ounce size). Anyone know for sure when this style bottle was marketed? At first it has a dense and aldehydic quality but then I can barely smell anything (2 sprays). My sensitivity has been fairly low recently but I was surprised that it was almost non-existant! Perhaps a bit like vintage Cachet but I don't even want to make a firm statement on that comparison. My plan is to wait until my sensitivity is low and give it another chance.

ILoveReplique
ILoveReplique

My mother wore this in the 50s and elegant as her later perfumes were - Joy and Amarige - nothing has ever entraced me like Replique. I bought a bottle of something new of the same name and burst out laughing at the audacity, it smells like soap. I actually took it around to several women at work and asked what the thought it smelled like and they all said soap! You should not be allowed to reuse and degenerate a great name, this is like like someone with no voice singing Ave Maria. This site says Mystere by Rochas is similar, I will give it a try.....

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Raphael Replique vintage parfum
My best friend recently had a birthday party with a vintage burlesque theme. It was a black tie event, and everyone dressed the part. I wore a fitted lace fishtail dress by Mandalay that reminded me of the original Barbie from the 1960s. I received so many compliments that night, but the best one was when someone told me that I looked exactly like Rita Hayworth in her iconic pin up photo wearing a black lace dress. He even dug out his iPhone to show me a picture of what he meant. I caught my breath because the resemblance was uncanny. Ever since that day, she’s been one of my idols. She was a lifelong dancer, as I am, so I loved her immediately and since I already look like her, and dress like her, I also wanted to smell like her. I learned that one of her favorite fragrances was Raphael Replique, so naturally, I had to have it, curious to know what “The Love Goddess” smelled like.

On a backpacking journey to the rainforests of Costa Rica, I was fortunate to have met a biology professor from the University on vacation with his children. I told him that it was my deepest desire to see a black panther in the rain forest. He laughed, but indulged me. That night, he took us hiking through the rainforest in search of my black panther. I cannot describe the feeling of being in one of the most beautiful rainforests on earth, in the dark of night, surrounded by the thick dense greenery teeming with animal life looking for one of the most dangerous animals on the planet. Raphael has bottled this scene for me.

This fragrance is a deep resinous sexy green. The top floral notes in my vintage perfume have probably faded, but what remains is this musky base created by the olibanum, musk, oakmoss, and ambergris, all softened by a well blended heliotrope, mimosa, and jasmine heart with the tiniest touch of clary sage and powder. This is probably the sexiest scent I own. I found my black panther.

One blog described it as a cross between vintage Tabu and Bal a Versailles, but that’s not quite the whole story. It’s even deeper, greener, and muskier on me. I would say it’s more of a mix between vintage Tabu, a touch of Piguet Bandit, and a drop of Bal a Versailles with a sharp opening of Irish Spring soap (which I love). All I know is that I feel incredibly sexy and dangerous in this, like a black panther circling her prey ready to pounce. This must have suited the Love Goddess perfectly. With this on, I have a bit of Rita’s swagger in my walk now, and I have my vintage Replique to thank for that.

PinkSky
PinkSky

happened upon a vintage bottle of this
i must say, i am well-pleased

it is a classic, woodsy, warm expensive leather scent
upon me...

the bergamot, sicilian lemon, cardamom open
perfectly upon my skin with a bare hint of sweetness

and settle into a lovely
rich sandlewoodsy italian suede that lasts a long time
upon my skin

unisex friendly - all i have shared this with like it

it is a cozy autumnal scent that makes me want to wear a good sweater, and find a friend to join me sipping chocolate in front of the fire, sharing good conversation long into the night...

(i was told jacques guerlain was the nose behind this)

stormyla
stormyla

Recently I have been searching for Replique for a good friend who used it as her signature scent. In sampling the product I ask myself why I ever stopped wearing it.

In my experience there is no other fragrance quite like it. I can't wear Chanel No 5 EDT at all and see absolutely no similarities thereto. However as another poster mentioned there is something remenicent of Cabochard in Replique.

I have both extrait and EDT of Replique. It's my opinion that the EDT has retained it's notes better than the extrait. I have sampled several bottles of both.

There is something so incredibly compelling and mysterious about this fragrance. I keep finding myself trying to sniff out the source of this aroma. The smell is wonderful, refreshing and very engaging.

For anyone who wants to try a vintage fragrance, this is a good one. There is lots of it around for very reasonable prices. For the most part, even partially used bottles have held their notes well.

This scent, even the EDT has great longevity and quite a healthy sillage. Remember this is a fragrance that was around before deodorants. If you adopt this as your fragrance, you surely will be a trendsetter!

teacup
teacup

I just bought this blind from ebay and I am very disappointed. Not in the fragrance itself (which is lovely) but in the fact that, to me, it is so similar to Chanel No5 edc, that owning Replique seems utterly redundant. No, they are not identical; Replique has a certain sharpness that I don't find in the Chanel. And also I don't have much of a nose; perhaps someone more experienced and discerning than I would find them to be drastically different. (Also I have no idea how old my bottle is; it has the hourglass shape and looks old.) I am writing this review (my first) because I want to tell others something that I wish I had known prior to my purchase.

judyk
judyk

Réplique was my mother's favourite perfume in the 50s and 60s. She only ever had two small bottles of it - a standard mini (which, though long since empty, I still keep in an old clutch of hers along with her compact, hankie, etc) and a fancy, though equally tiny, bottle of pure parfum (shaped like the bottle in the second photo). When they ran out, my stepfather remembers being charged with a mission to find her another bottle! But to no avail.

Now, in these days of internet auctions, it's a relatively easy thing to find vintage Réplique. Not such an easy thing to win an auction, mind you, but I did eventually manage it and now I have my own mini (about 2ml I'd guess).

To me it smells very strongly of oakmoss, which must account for the strong "leather" note I get. Definitely aldehydes - in fact I was surprised aldehydes didn't get any main note votes until I came along. Only a hint of sweet florals with a rich, creamy note floating over all.

But most of all, it smells like Mum. Leesee's description is spot on!

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

im still so in love with this. Pretty sure my bottle is at least 40 years old. I imagine it may have lost a lot of the vibrancy of the top notes but its so perfect just like that. It may have come from a French house but the scent and presentation draw me into the dark heart of a German black forest. Thanks Raphael i want to watch the brothers grimm now @.@ Btw is this one still in any sort of production at all? i saw a bottle in a fragrance outlet and was in disbelief. I plan on going back for it

sherridee
sherridee

Up-front disclosure: I am selling off my (large) collection of perfumes in advance of leaving the U.S. permanently.

Having said that, I am in two minds about Réplique. I like its classic style which reminds me of the (later) Cabochard and the fact that it is persistent without being aggressive. On the other hand it is definitely redolent of the forties and fifties and to me it seems a bit dated.

Just to clarify, I am talking about the original and not the modern formulations. I have two cartons of the perfume in the original glass-stoppered bottles, mostly in 7.5 ml and a smaller number of 15 ml. I may even have some larger sizes.

I would rate Réplique at 7 out of 10.

calliope07
calliope07

Yep......a classic scent. I have used the vintage as well as the new version. Not for everybody, but translates well into a perfume I'd use in a business environment. Doesn't scream flowers.

weaversouth

I should add that another lovely thing about it is that this was the first gift of perfume I ever received from a boyfriend! (-;

weaversouth

I have to concur that whoever bought it changed the forumla. It used to stay with you all day and was a very fresh scent. Later versions don't last and smell a bit cheap.

i had this perfume years ago, it always took on a coconut kind of scent on me after it dried. i wasn't crazy aboout it. wore it to work in the colder months. i didn't rebuy it.

Definitely smells of the 40s. It's one of those elegant, formal blends, complicated but well done. Glittery aldehydes, golden citrus and the classic smooth warm base keep it fresh without making it smell old so much as historic. It's just a bit like a visit to the past on me. I'm pretty sure I'm sampling the new blend. If it smells this nice, I'd love to try the original.

I have never found another like the original Replique. It has been the only perfume that my skin loved the scent. Theoriginal formula was changed and t it's just not the same. The company who bought Replique should have paid for the formula too! not just the name!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Replique can be bought anywhere at most online perfumeries. I LOVE THIS SCENT VERY VERY MUCH!!! I have received many compliments when I ware this scent. It dries down to a very nice powdery scent. Its a crispy powdery scent unlike anything else so I cannot compare it to a scent that is like this. I like to give examples so if anyone who ever wanted to give this a try would have an idea but this one is a lone ranger on the planes of scents.............sorry.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

Bought this aeons ago and still have that teeny weeny little vintage bottle. Recently, though, during a house move, the stopper was chipped slightly. It's still such a pretty bottle...

patti
patti

The genuine Replique has not been manufactured for years, so what is available commercially is not the real thing at all. The only way I've found that I can get my hands on this is through eBay, and that's frustrating since it's hard to outbid someone.

I've been searching for something like Replique for decades, and haven't found it. It like Youth Dew (the original stuff) but recently discovered that it has almost not notes in common with Replique.

Any suggestions?

Enchant
Enchant

I don't know what the original version of this perfume smelled like, but this smells like wine and wood on me. I'm sure some people might like this, but it's not my cup of tea.

Editing to say I've tried this one again tonight, and it's growing on me a little. I imagine this is what it would smell like if you had a picnic with wine at a lumber mill lol. The first spray goes on very strong of wine and wood, but after a while it settles into a nice warm woody scent. I think this could be a unisex scent. For the price I guess it's alright.

Leesee
Leesee

Like just a few other classic scents, Replique has always reminded me of the scent that wafted up from the inside of my mother's good handbag. . . soft leather, flecks of tobacco, an elegant powder compact, a tube of red lipstick, and the indescribable but instantly recognizable scent of glamour. In reality, Replique is a transparent floral chypre with elegant bone structure and impeccable manners. But in my memories, Replique will always be my mother after "a lovely evening out."

Replique by Raphael 4.24 out of 5 based on 48 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Raphael Replique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Raphael Replique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Replique by Raphael. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Replique by Raphael represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.