Designers » R S » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

dislike

almond
nutty
yellow floral

Musc by Reminiscence is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for women. Musc was launched in 1970. Top notes are ylang-ylang and white flowers; middle notes are powdery notes and almond; base notes are musk, coumarin and amber.

Ylang-Ylang White Flowers

Sun

Musc Fragrance Reviews

Mammajamma
Mammajamma

I have worn this three or four times now, and I love it. When I don't want to have an overwhelming presence and I just want a snuggly, comforting scent.... It reminds me of holding my babies when they were very, very small and you could only give them a bath every other day. Remember the yellow Johnsons baby shampoo? This smells like a baby's head that was washed with that, but the next day... Just cuddly and soft, a bit sweet on top of the musc. Jovan musk can smell like that shampoo , but more musky and animalistic.... Reminiscence Musc, once the startling ylang opening settles, just makes me feel calm and peaceful. I had to reapply once today, but then it really seemed to stay around. Like a hug from a loved one.

Irisaddict
Irisaddict

Just tried a sample of this today, it wasn't what I was expecting at all and I can't get past the fact that this smells almost exactly like Johnson's Baby Oil! I don't dislike the delicate sugary wafts of sweet, powdery almond & heliotrope but it smells almost identical to said oil, so I can't see me ever wearing this as a perfume.

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

This is a strange one. On me it's a powdery sweet/mild spicy musk. Sort of weird in a nice way. I like it, but it's hard to peg into a style of musk. Perhaps a vegetal, animalistic musk with sweet powder on top? I suggest sampling before purchasing.

sophywt
sophywt

How strang it smells completely flora on me!

it turns out to be a pretty, chic heliotrope scent, slightly powdery and milky vanilla-ish in the base. There is no animalic or fecal smell, and i hardly notic any typical musk notes. A soft, innocent scent from beginning to the end.

It is better than L.T. Piver's Blanc Heliotrope on me. The almond notes are rounded well with other notes and have a balmy feel, while Piver's occasionally gives a plastic or cyanide smells.

Lasting power is ok, and to those like skin scent, this one could be perfect.

christianne1
christianne1

I have been wanting to try this for ages and I'm so glad I finally did! What a gorgeous powdery almond musk! Classic type of musk but with a softer edge than many of the classics, while still remaining very musky. Nothing screechy or sharp about it. I am a big musk fan and have tried tons and this is one of my very favorites. Leans pretty feminine so just a warning. Sensual but only slightly animalic. I get no skank whatsoever. It is like a classic musk with a slight modern twist that keeps it from smelling dated. Musc does fall a bit flat and sweet after a couple of hours but a quick touch up spray will bring you back to musky almond heaven.

raw umber
raw umber

Thanks to 2746cstreet for my sample of this. Reminiscence Musc is surprisingly rich and honeyed. I don't know what I was expecting, but the natural sweetness actually calls to mind Cedre by Serge Lutens. I think it's the amber which registers as honey that connects the two scents for me. Anyone who is pursuing a naturally sweet honey-type scent would be right to check this out. It's just lovely.

The musk, while not raunchily animalic per se, has the animalic quality that honey naturally possesses, making this a very original and appealing interpretation of musk. Almond really comes to the fore in the dry down, though its fruity nuances are more perceptible than its potential to turn chokingly powdery. It is clear and lucid.

Musc is at once intimate and non-demanding. The best combination of qualities, with great longevity and low projection in the cooler temperatures I am experiencing today.
Sweet and chill.

polly golightly
polly golightly

uno dei pochissimi profumi al muschio che mi piace. inizia con un muschio soft, passa attraverso un verdissimo ylang-ylang, assestandosi sulla mandorla amara

spidola
spidola

If it supposed to be a perfume of “love or hate”, I’m in the love side… Even more - I absolutely love it! Musc is a marvelous skin scent, like your own skin but better.

It’s sweet, but not cloying. It opens with ylang-ylang, but this top note fades rather quickly leaving the place to sweet ambery almond. The musc is always dominant, from the opening to the dry down, but it’s not the Musc Nomad AG kind fresh pure musc (that for me was rather irritating), its’soft, powdery and inviting. I would compare it with Narciso Rodrigues For Her Musc Intence were musc is combined with honey, amber and ylang-ylang.

Even if I think it’s suitable for day and night use, I do not suggest it as blind buy. But I’m really happy that I found this wonderful, soft, silent, secret weapon of seduction…

Longevity 5-6 hours.

I tested this one yesterday and I was slightly disappointed because I expected a much more almondy-powdery scent and more powerful.
In the beginning it smells very fecal, but much tamed compared to other famous musks.
It was disturbing or just embarassing. After 10 minutes the fecal edge went away, almost, and I smelled a soft delicate fragrance, not overly complex, close to the skin with a vague almond note, thanksgod not your typical synthetical punch-in-your-nose almond you get everywhere. It smells both sexy and innocent, carefree as if it was just a hint of an aura of unknown perfume that could be the wearer herself.
The sillage is not big but it's longlasting on my skin.
I think it's a little bit simple and it reminds me of Bottega Verde Muschio Bianco, but better.
It gives me an idea of a scent that grows on you in time.

nakedcity
nakedcity

Those of us who were fortunate to have hiked up to a high mountain top, high enough to be inside a big cloud on a cold day, you have smelled Musc. I don't find this fecal in the least, nor do I smell anything animalic. What I know is this scent has everything I like: bit of powder, clean musk and great staying power without being strong. In fact it is the softest longest lasting thing I own and I love it for it. It smells like soft almond incense, if such a thing exists. This is an overlooked gem worthy of more praise and recognition. Really simple and honest, well composed and low key but not wimpy. Gorgeous.

MY FAVORITE.

In the very beginning there is a slight indolic quality, but it fades to a soft, buttery almond + ylang-ylang with a creamy, animalic base.

Smells like warm bread and sex. I don't mean "sex in a bottle". I literally mean it smells like sex. Like "ho, air out your bedroom".

mondaniaux
mondaniaux

On my skin this smells fecal, I thought there was something wrong with my nose, so I asked my son to smell the spot at the back of my hand where I sprayed Musc by Reminiscence... and he said "yuck"! Oh well, this one doesn't agree with my chemistry.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

It's too much musc for me. I have a sample of this and I sprayed both on me and on my boyfriend. It smells better on him. On his skin it smells like cinnamon and woody notes. Since musc really is a male thing, I think it's natural that it smells better on males. On my skin it smells ok, but it's too much musc and I find that boring. I want something more than just musc in the mixture. After several hours, the musc almost gets me nauseous. Several hours of smelling musc, I feel it starts to smell similar to gasoline. It's a perfume you either love or hate, I guess. It takes the right skin chemistry to pull this one off nicely and in my opinion, a male is better suited to wear this.

pvzdr
pvzdr

I love this perfume very very much

its so good!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

This is my least favorite by Reminiscence but I do like it. The Ylang Ylang is really strong. It's gentle but sexy.

MissLola
MissLola

i test it today, i don't like it at all, it's to strong to much old lady like. Not my cup of tea, i can't wait to wash it of.

bluefalcon07
bluefalcon07

This fragrance is soapy and very softly.
It does not have sharp taste.
A gentle fragrance.
I usually wear "Pachouli by Reminiscence", but sometimes wear this for a change.

Musc by Reminiscence 3.84 out of 5 based on 103 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Reminiscence Musc fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Reminiscence Musc, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Musc by Reminiscence. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Musc by Reminiscence represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.