Designers » R S » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Rem Reminiscence for women and men
dislike

marine
salty

Rem by Reminiscence is a Floral Aquatic fragrance for women and men. Rem was launched in 1996. Top notes are sea water, rose, lilac and jasmine; middle notes are fenugreek and patchouli; base notes are musk, tonka bean and vanilla.

Sea water Rose Lilac Jasmine

Eau des Alizés

Rem Fragrance Reviews

apricot.porridge
apricot.porridge

Sea salt. Not nearly as complex as one would think.. I get no sweetness from either the vanilla or the tonka bean.. I do get some patchouli.. this is sea salt, and the beach in early summer.
Now.. I lvoe the beach in ealry summer. Hence, I love this scent. However, it doesn't smell, or wear, like a luxury fragrance - also considering its lasting power being about 2 hours on me.
However I must mention, if you are on the market for a sea scented frangrance, I still can't find an alternative to this that's more convincing and that smells more realistic. So 10/10 for how well the central theme of this frangrance was developed I guess!!

Na0
Na0

For young girls ... Ah Ah ah. Let me laugh...
Or I am weird, am I ?

I'm a man, 27 years old. For the little story, all my perfumes up to now were mainly woody/oriental ones, for cold days.
Except Image (which lasts NOTHING on me) and Narciso Rodriguez for Him (very versatile), I hadn't any true summer perfumes, so I blind bought this one.

So... Girly ? Childish ? Nevermind, I'm in love with that one ! This is really an amazing beachy (but not bitchy ... Ah ah. Hum, sorry ._.) one. Sand and sea on the sun, that's exactly it. My favorite perfumes are ones which recreate a natural landscape, and this is exactly it.

I don't get floral notes, but spicy ones instead on the background, in a gourmand way. It's like you eating a very special spicy cake on the beach in summer. True smell of holydays.

I don't regret my blind-buy at all, as a very first summer/woman fragrance, this is really a beautiful one. You're the sun on my wardrobe, Rem ! ^^

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I really like Rem a lot, but I have body sprays that last longer on my skin and cost much less, too. I think this scent would be very good in hot, humid, and tropical climates where you might want to keep in the refrigerator and spritz on several times a day. I pick up some coconut in this, but it could just be me since it's not listed in the notes.

Bandit
Bandit

I don't know what it is with me and Rem: I find it utterly disgusting. Far from being a perfume. Even more, smelling like "a hot summer day at the harbour, smelling the heated sea, the rotten seaweed, the crystallized stinking salt, the dead fish, the garbage of the boats around swimming in the machine-oiled ocean". Gourmand? Whatcha eating guys?

I simply cannot believe that somebody gives their hard earned money to smell like this. When I was 15 I spent one summer at the sea in the Netherlands at a camping place and a very nice guy there refused to use a bath and only "showered" in the sea. He smelled Rem - so not good.

It's weird, because I tried Crazy, Sea and Etoile Rem and find them really attractive; one more, one less, but nevertheless attractive perfumes.

Adiro
Adiro

I bought this blind, and a wonderful one it is! I am surprised at how sweet and almost spicy, but the right word is actually savory !

The first few seconds the smell is sharp, almost like blue medicinal alcohol, but maybe there is a color association at work here as well. Then the real scent unfolds, and the sunny salty and sweet air takes over ,in a sweet almost gourmand kind of way. The fenugreek note is proeminent and vanillic . I am very familiar with this smell, as I took the fenugreek supplements before. The closest I could describe it is maples syrup and vanilla.

The fragrance doesn't develop much, but in the dry down there is a hint of something bitter, like burned skin in the sun. Must be a bit of patchouli? It is very lovely, and most of all carefree and happy , like an all inclusive vacation at a good five star resort in the Carribean ,

Sillage is only moderate , but longevity is pretty good, but it is such a pleasure to reapply anyway that I really don't mind at all. Happy and young!

the Italian
the Italian

Ok this is probably for you if you want to feel like a manatee.

Come on! What's with all this salt in perfumes now? Is it edgy? I just got thirsty all of a sudden.

vdxl
vdxl

A marine unisex fragrance, that doesn't smell generic: it does have calone and salty notes, but also a very nice vanilla base. The overall effect is the smell of tanned skin on holiday. It is not your overall marine fragrance, beware: the marine effect is just a suggestion throughout of some savoury notes. Womanity must have been inspired by this one. I hated it at first, cause it is hard to wear ( it may stink on a wrong day), but it evokes summer holiday in it's best sense ever. Also, you are highly encourage to wear it in winter/fall: it is solid, it lasts and it transposes you to an imaginary beach with coral reefs...

knife
knife

Thank good for FRAGANTICA!!!! IF I discovered this site earlier I had saved both money,certainly less "irritation headaches",undoubtedly! But better late than ever. I have noticed some members who really facilitated my fragrance purchases! A thousand thanks!

crazyaboutlairderien
crazyaboutlairderien

For my sea smell kick I have Sel Marin by Heeley.
This one did not remind me in any way of the seaside.
It did however give me a headache.

Babina 70
Babina 70

I like it a lot... bought a few days ago, after using the cheaper Fiore dell'onda by Erbolario, that is so similar.
It smells of sea, beach, summer... fresh and warm in the meantime.. I love it.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

Who would have thought the ocean could smell so sweet! This is the kind of fragrance that would be the perfect gift for a young niece. It does have lovely ocean notes. It is very youthful and carefree.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This smells like clothes that you have hand-washed in hard yellow laundry soap and then hung out in an ocean breeze to dry. Nice if you like aquatic notes. I don't.

Midnight50
Midnight50

VERY NICE BUT GOOD ONLY FOR YOUNG PEOPLE, EVEN BETTER ON GIRLS.

jcuvelier
jcuvelier

I LOVE it... my trendy parisian friend wears it and it is indeed absolutely unforgettable. I live in the US but on the following trip home I looked for it, found it and the first smell out of the bottle nearly made me nauseous. The thing smelled AWFUL.
Disappointed but stubborn, I bought it anyway and started to wear it too.

Indeed you cant overdo this thing or you will smell like the beach after a tsunami, but if you use it in moderation, this fragrance is the most unusual, sensuous, intoxicating, memorable, refined and addicting you can possibly find.

Now back in the US, women stop me at the grocery store and ask me what my fragrance is (like I'm going to tell me...). Multiple times I get the usual compliment on my perfume from perfect strangers - males and females - in the office.

My bottle is almost empty, and I am frantically looking for a reseller in the US...

Help!

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

I admit it is really an original scent, though Comptoir Sud Pacific Aqua Motu smells just the same and was created 3 years before Rem.

Yes, it does smell of sea, sex and sun; and yes, it is fresh and warm at the same time. Original and fun it is, refined it is not. Not that that is a bad thing ;-)

Rem is one of those "cult" fragrances. Like you have your Aromatics Elixir addicts and your Angel addicts, you have your Rem addicts. Those that have been truly bitten can't wear anything else. Though I have a colleague that loves both Angel and Rem (and from reading reviews, I learned she is not the only one). Like most addicts she can't smell herself and therefor oversprays. I literally know she has entered the building even before I can actually see her.

So, please addicts, don't over do it. Thank you <3

orchid_84
orchid_84

Very interesting! I have to say the first spray of this actually repulsed me...it seemed very sharp and intensely bitter. Once it had settled on my skin a bit, I found myself sniffing my wrist over and over again.

This does have some notes that are a bit sharp, but it seems to work. This scent evokes the ocean, but in a less typical way than aquatic scents usually do. It has a marine scent, which I would describe as a bitter, earthy ocean scent. The notes that dominate on my skin are florals, a bitter walnut-like note, and some creamy, earthy musk.

Rem is an unusual scent...in a very good way!

IngeJP
IngeJP

This is love at first smell!

I went into a shop because I wanted to buy a bracelet i noticed in the window.
They also sold perfumes in that shop, from Reminiscence.
I dont know why, but I just reached out to Rem's bottle.

It is the ocean, the summer, freedom, happines, being impressed, being emotional, all of this in one scent.

For me, its a treasure, a wonderful discovery!

Not a heavy warm scent that keeps on you for hours and hours, but tiny little drops of energy.

I would say, try it out!!!

pauline
pauline

A wonderful scent...if you don't want to pass unnoticed! :-)
It's my favourite perfume!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Great scent, it reminds me of summer, sea and beach. I like it a lot.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

This is a very different scent. I don't know if I could call it a summer scent though. I smell some vanilla in it, very powerful stuff!!!

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

Guest Keks. You can buy this one in Holland in shops, but there are also dutch perfume websites that sell this perfume. But I don't know where you are from. But if you can get a bottle of this, I would definitly buy it, it is such a lovely, fun, summer, beach fragrance. When I had this one, everybody would ask me what I was wearing. But I never told them and hold this lovely secret to myself. I don't see any coconut in the notes, but I still believe there is a little bit of coconut hidden in this treasure

Maki

Oh My!!!! And some sniffing I did!! This frag is THE frag I've been yearning for!!

It is a little like 'L'eau de Montagne' from (I think) Lancaster which was on the market for only half a year or so. And 'nothing compares to you' was what I sang to the memory of that scent ever since...
But now I've found it's 'reïncarnation' and I am overjoyed!!!
Smelled the 'do re - mi fa - so la - ti do - tune' also..(-:, liked the one with the coconut in it (at least - it smells like coconut but it's not mentioned, might be pine that is responsible for that 'Pinacolada' kind of thing), but REM will definitely be my life-long companion if it is up to me!

To describe this scent let me tell you that I live not too far from the beach (in the Netherlands) to smell the sea, mixed with sun-tanningcream and with all that's going on there, when the wind spreads it's remains over the city in the evening. Such a wonderful kind of scent that does make you reminisce indeed!!

I am a 'reminiscing kind of girl' and this purchase makes me wonder if I'll ever be on earth again...(-:

Thanks to this site and it's visitors by the way, for I would have never found out about Rem(iniscence)if I had not discovered Fragrantica!

So thank you guys!!!!

Maki

Wow..when reading the reviews, I surfed the Internet to find out if this scent and/or other scents of Reminiscence is/are available in the Netherlands...
Guess what: There's a shop in my home town where they sell Reminiscence!
Tomorrow is my day off...this will be a day of sniffing...
So I might update (p)review later...(-:

guest_Sarah
guest_Sarah

Guest Wallie and sophywt you guys are so great in describing this perfume!!! That is excatly how it smells like:):)
Unfortunately they do not sell it in my country and amazon wont ship it:(
Enjoy the smell for me:)

dandy721

The summer night near the sea closed in small blue bottle. I love this one

Acqua Motu by Comptoir sud pacifique has the same fragrance

sophywt

Acorrding to Nowsmellthis, www.yosmiami.com sell full bottel Reminiscence. If you want some decant to try, theperfumedcourt.com is a nice site.

guest_nkeaik
guest_nkeaik

Hi. I'd like to know if anyone knows where I can purchase this perfume from? I have checked all different websites online & can't find it. I live in America.

Thank you.

wow! I love REM!!!
Great gourmand scent for summer!

The openning is a blast of fresh marine notes, and the fresh feeling lasts, hanging over the foody heart notes.
It's not acturally floral, no, there is much more creamy gourmand than floral. But unlike the famous Angel, REM's foody/dessert notes are very light, even transparent.

What amazes me is, how they managed to match these totally oppersite characters into a harmony.

guest_Wallie
guest_Wallie

This is 'the beach sent'

I had this one and it smells a bit like suntanning cream, but in a very classy way.

It is very nice.

Rem by Reminiscence 3.80 out of 5 based on 114 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Reminiscence Rem fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Reminiscence Rem, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rem by Reminiscence. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rem by Reminiscence represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.