Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Charlie Blue Revlon for women

Charlie Blue Revlon for women
dislike

Charlie Blue by Revlon is a Floral fragrance for women. Charlie Blue was launched in 1973. The fragrance features sandalwood, musk, jasmine, oakmoss, rose and geranium.

Sandalwood Musk Jasmine Oakmoss Rose Geranium

Charlie

Charlie Blue Fragrance Reviews

TragedyInsane
TragedyInsane

Reminds me of my mother, she still wears it and it's delightful on her. Alone though, in paper, air or on me I hate it, it has something to it that makes me nauseated.

juzme
juzme

Am not really sure ,but after trying an old Cabochard edt , I would say : this reminds me of it. Only thing is that this one is stronger and more persistent.
Does anyone have the same feeling ?
Anyway , Charly blue is an elegant ,powerful juice.

Tine1world
Tine1world

I bought this yesterday. It's going back. As Tiger 84 wrote. It's a dead ringer for Arpege and I have a lot of Arpege already. I can't wear Arpege in the summer though. It's summer here. I purchased this as I like to collect. That usually means getting the collection. Sadly Blue will have to be returned and swapped. I was thinking to 'White'?

I know it's good to have something like this. If you're an 'Arpege' lover than this will suit. It's on sale here in Australia at the 'My Chemist' chain for $ 7.99. Aussie Dollars for a 100 mill Flacon that is the same flacon for all the 'Charlie' Yes 'The song as well. 'Charlie Girl' comes to mind again.. Ps it has monster sillage and monster longevity

Cheers T.

Tiger84
Tiger84

On me this is a dead ringer for Arpege.
It was a huge surprise, of course Arpege's bottle is beautiful and this bottle, especially the cap, has a cheap feeling but hey, it costs so little I really don't mind how it looks or feels... but the similarity of the juice is striking. Same soapy clean restrained scent (initially I felt Arpege a little sour) which is a bit too clean for me but way better than today's trendy stuff.

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

August 27th, 2014.

I bought my Charlie Blue (eau de toilette) yesterday, after having looked for the original without having found it. To me, Charlie Blue smells similar to its original version. It lacks the aldehydes, but still, very similar.

Another interesting thing: there is no oakmoss in the formula, but Charlie Blue delivers a strong chord of that. I believe the chemists managed to assemble the ingredients in a way to simulate it, or else, they used synthetic oakmoss (if that exists, of course), and believe me: it is very strong and convincing. Sillage and longevity are huge.

Mossy-woody, musky-floral; Charlie Blue is an uplifting spirit with a fresh caracter. It might be a nice option for those who even like the original Charlie, but happen to have aldehydes not working that well on the skin. If you like the original, like I do, but do not find it available, give the Charlie Blue a try and enjoy it.

Edit1: Charlie Blue and the classic Charlie are distinct fragrances.

Edit 2 (on Oct. 8th, 2014):

The more I wear Charlie Blue, the more I love it. It has been revealing wonderful facets on my skin along its dry-down and lifespan.

Sometimes, day or night, I find myself asking where that beautiful fragrance is coming from. I smell my shirt, the sheets..., and find it is Charlie Blue on me. I am so glad I have it!

Edit 3 (on Dec. 20th, 2014):

Charlie Blue is a perfectly acceptable unisex fragrance: it is woody, but still, fresh enough to work very well on a man's skin. I recommend: men, try this Charlie Blue.

For those women who look for a fragrance with a masculine touch, Charlie Blue is vivacious with some woody depth.

Very good option for an after-shower moment. It makes you feel clean.

Now, very important: I have tried the eau de toilette and the eau fraiche.

If you like a fragrance that lasts, huge sillage and longevity, yours is the eau de toilette (the eau fraiche will be a total waste of time for you). But if you prefer a lighter and safer one, than yours is the eau fraiche.

The eau fraiche, by the way, is the one shown on the photograph here. It comes in a metalic-fading-light-blue box and brings the words eau fraiche very clearly. The eau de toilette, visibly writen, comes in a solid dark blue box, one which reminds us of the original Charlie box. Just type Charlie Blue on Google images and see the difference.

perfumebr
perfumebr

Somebody help me out here...are Charlie and Charlie Blue the same thing?

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I tried this on today - it is my best friend's favourite perfume although she wears perfume infrequently, and while out today I felt a bit stale and needed a freshen up so I borrowed a spritz of this, expecting, tbh, something not that great.

It is actually quite a nice little perfume, I would happily wear this!
Ironically I had been bemoaning the loss of oakmoss in some of my perfume loves recently with my friend today (cue usual blank slightly glazed look people get when I get onto my perfume sopabox!) and then I borrowed this to freshen up and got an instant blast of beautiful oakmoss! Where I would never have looked for it as well.

I got oakmoss, powdery musk, rose mainly with hints of geranium and sandalwood and possible a hint of jasmine. It was nice, I would wear this! Pleasantly surprised. Seeing as this is quite cheap I may buy a bottle for in my "school bag" to freshen up with, so long as it still contains oakmoss.

Longevity and sillage were surprisingly decent too, about 6 hours for 1 spray and gentle projection.
A surprise winner!

EDIT - I looked in the chemists today and oakmoss is no longer listed as an ingredient, nor treemoss. No tester either. Hmm. I think I would like a little bottle if it contained oakmoss, but I think this would fall apart without it. We are losing so many perfumes!

poetolatry
poetolatry

I guess I should learn that oakmoss just isn't for me! Sad.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Charlie Blue is an easily unisex fragrance, slightly more brash than it's near - twin, Charlie.

Very fun for Budget Time Travel! :)

zogen89
zogen89

Got this as a Christmas gift......I'm confuse if it's for men or women?? Nice frag 9/10

chlorodream
chlorodream

I was given this fragrance by relatives and whilst I remained open-minded about the packaging, it just smells far too mature for me and not what I like at all. Too harsh with no real base notes (it smelled exactly the same hours later) and it smells a little detergent-y to me. Still, fragrance is a very personal thing. Perhaps I'm just a little too young for it.

1973nasiba
1973nasiba

very classical aroma.smells as all good French perfume of 80s years.all that I hear in this perfume it is powerful musk.it is the main note this perfume.very well approaches under a strict classical dress.longevity of 12 hours. I to put this perfume 4/5.

adair58
adair58

My sister and I swapped our Charlies-her Charlie Blue for my original Charlie. I have come to like the spiced unisex feel of Blue better, and she likes the slightly more feminine floral of the original. Both need to be sprayed lightly, of course, as they are pretty potent!

After reading the reviews, we now both want to try the other Charlies, especially Charlie Gold.

sygrid29
sygrid29

this perfume is the most bipolar but in a good way among my collections. at first spritz, this has a big resemblane to chanel no. 5 without the strong jasmin note. after a few minutes the spiceness kinda reminds of the vintage ysl opium. but you know what? the dryfdown on me smells like dior poison minus the sweetness of the berries at least the recent formulation of dior.

Danita Verpoort
Danita Verpoort

Another classic from the 70's! Has something unique and familiarity like Chanel n5. The fresh green note is always present (oak moss), even in the drydown of warm spicy sandalwood,cedar and musk. A fragrance with character, but not for those who like the candy scents.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

A magnificent 70's monstrosity! This is fantastic value for something that's still living in the 70's. My mum used to wear Rive Gauche and this reminds me of that fragrance. It's green, woody and it means serious business! I always think of Studio 54 when I smell these fragrances. They're somewhat of a rarity these days. The younger ladies want to wear much sweeter fragrances. I implore them to try these 70's gems!

Charlie Blue embodies sophistication with it's woody opening aroma, refreshing green and crisp, peppery geranium middle notes and a wonderful dry down of powdery rose. It's an anachronistic masterpiece for something so reasonably priced! A rich, intriguing, intoxicating, heady, powdery scent that demands attention. One quick spray will last a long, long while on one's skin. Be careful not to spray too much! It's powerful stuff!

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

It's crazy beautiful in a 70's style and definitely non mainstream.
It smells a bit like typical men's aftershave, then herbal aromatic soap, fresh and fizzy, it gets sweeter and warmer, slightly talc-y after sitting on the skin for a while.
Geranium, rose and oakmoss are very evident here in my opinion, smells like a diplomatic settlement between complexity and simplicity, between class and carelessness. I really like it.

evesoho
evesoho

I love this! It's stinky! It's the oldest old lady! But do you know what else it is? Un-p.c. And that is so refreshing. My tip to enjoy this perfume is to spray it once on your bellybutton while you're still drying yourself after a shower. By the time you dress you're golden. Worn with a sense of irony (and granny glasses, or Waldo's uniform from Where's Waldo), this is the ultimate hipster fume and, currently, for the younger crowd, it's genderless. All the cool kids can do it! I just have to laugh, because this was the scent that scared me most as kid when I smelled it on a woman, lol, and now that's the exact reason why I want to wear it. I'm mystified by this strange psychological situation Charlie Blue has put me in. "Charlie Blue" what a fun name!

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

So many dislikes? Oh, come on... it's not that bad at all... and certainly not bad for it's price!
I had the chance to try this today and I was actually surprised... really not bad!
I have smelled so many way more expensive perfumes that made my nose "crinkle", just because it was so awful... Even Chanel No5 smells awful to my nose.
But this one is very wearable!
In my opinion it has unisex qualities. From the opening till about one hour after it's more on the masculine side and it makes me think of men's soap, just fresh men's soap. The longer it's on, the sweeter it gets to my nose and becomes more feminine by that. Quite long lasting as well.

wbp
wbp

This is really strong stuff! Attention, do not blind buy!! I really dislike it!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I was passing a woman in the supermarket who smelled so good I asked her what perfume she was wearing and she replied "Charlie". Well, of course trying to track down Charlie I was faced with a myriad of Charlie flankers! I decided to try "Blue" first. It arrived in the mail this morning. After I had put it on I wrote to a friend that it smelled like a barber's cologne... I meant spicy and bracing, and now I see from the reviews that this is really unisex. It doesn't have the sweetness of the one I originally smelled, though, and is heavy on the oakmoss and sandalwood. But for a cheapie, I'm not complaining. The sillage is massive, one spray is plenty to keep going for hours and hours, so in that respect it is excellent value for money. It's going to take me years to empty this 100ml bottle! In the meantime the search continues for the Charlie of my memory.

Edit: It's not Charlie Red.

piahellgren
piahellgren

This, I will admit, is the thing that somehow makes me feel the same way as my beloved Armani Original for women did! I know Armani is THE scent and it has so much more to it, but this is really not bad and has similarities in the strong, cold/warm and long lasting quality. Just like Armani original it´s heavy on the oak moss and I absoltely LOVE that. AND just like Armani it´s unisex and depends a whole lot on the wearer´s chemistry, I know all scents do, but these type of chypres more than others. There is always a strong shock factor in a strong chypre, but then on me this becomes warm, sexy, animalic without being cloying. I have to admit it is not my man´s favorite and the men I dated back in the days when I wore Armani original found that one weird too. I think men like better to smell like this themselves, but I have to underline that it can smell VERY warm and alluring, it´s a big mistake to just dismiss it straight from the bottle, that first rush. It so grows on the skin after that. I think lots of men like more vanillaish, softer, fruitier, happier smells like praliney La Vie Est Belle on women OR they love the budoir-like scents of, let´s say, the oriental Shalimar. This type of smell makes both men and women confused and most don´t have the patience to WAIT FOR IT! I am VERY happy with this and I will continue trying to make my poor baby understand that the loveliness takes a while to appear!

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have dragged this out again and I cannot understand the comparisons to Chanel No.5. I have that and it just doesn't smell anything alike. The Charlie one is quite sharp and like pine needles at first where as Chanel is much smoother and I would dare to say a little sweeter on the powder and soap this one remains greener, not to say I am blowing sunshine up Chanel's bottom they are just executed completely different to me. This still smells like harsh hairspray to me depending how I spray it. If I mist it on it is quite nice as it settles on my hair or skin but a direct spray on wrist is very harsh. In the really hot weather it warms up nicely on me and doesn't smell so green and sharp it smells more floral but in the cold weather I have to be careful.

I have the body lotion and that warms up on me and I can smell little wafts of it as I move around. My husband always asks what I am wearing he really likes it. I agree with someone who said it smells like Yves Saint Lauren Paris. I think Paris is a little more floral and sweet but I too get the similarities and I think that is why I like this one because it reminds me of that and Paris is an all time favourite of mine I jus LOVE it.

This lasts for an eternity on me so it is good value for money but it is a little scary to think what revlon have put in it because it is a little yellowy and stainy and it does need a real scrub to get it off!

AngelaChase
AngelaChase

What people need to know about Charlie Blue, is that it’s unofficially a unisex perfume! Unisex perfumes were not big during the 70’s, so this was created for women who like the smell of men's cologne! This is actually great for both a woman and man. Because the original Charlie was a burst of flowers that made it overly powerful at times with it’s feminine scent being ultra female, Revlon decided to make a new Charlie, that had the qualities of a man that women like to smell. On a woman, it still has a feminine quality (The Jasmine and Rose) but has the stronger male attachment that makes it smell like a mans cologne in a very appealing way, that no one would think it’s not a female perfume. But on a man, it’s very masculine (Sandalwood, musk and Oakwood) and the Charlie bottle itself is very unisex looking too. So a man could take this around with him (To work, keep in his locker or even in his bag) and not have to worry about it being for women!
Fills a room and is very heavy (Being that Musk and Sandalwood are the main notes, it brings a warmth to the room and does not overpower)!
Lasts up to 6/7 hours on dry skin and 3/4 hours on moist skin and is still able to be smelt from arms length after an activity that makes you sweat (Like the gym).
IMPORTANT UPDATE-I’m wearing this now, and it’s been nearly 2 hours and I need to say that this is a “One spray wonder”! I made a BIG mistake and sprayed both wrists, both sides of the neck and one spray under my shirt and it’s WAY TOO MUCH! Every time my dog enters a room I'm in, he sneezes and has to leave and he never does that! I feel like it’s hanging off my body like a thick, heavy blanket! Every time I move, it hits my face like a tiny slap. The sandalwood and geranium are so thick, they combine and create a thick wall around you that’s ready to punch anyone that tries to enter ha ha ha.
This smells like an actual “Old ladies perfume” because of it’s heaviness and over powering sandalwood. Something that would make every grandfather turn his nose up, to avoid smelling it when your grandmother wore this sitting next to him in the car on the way to their family's home.
One spray on the neck or a spray on both wrists only, would really make the musk and jasmine the main notes and give it a lovely sheen in the room so please don’t over spray!
It does not have the flowers that the original Charlie has, so too much of this and you're left with a massive headache and a sore throat from breathing it in!
I will only use one spray tomorrow to see what affect it has on me but I can’t wait to shower tonight and cover myself in Charlie-White...Charlie-Blue is too much for my senses to take!
Shame on me for overdosing on this Charlie ha ha!

Psychedelicmind
Psychedelicmind

It has such a comforting scent. Spraying it on when stressed is calming, settling, Warm and cosy. like being hugged by mum. I love it. My mum bought this, but I'm using it~ It reminds me of her especially when we're not in the same country now! Love!

Also, spraying it in the air and walking through the mist seems to be a good way to make sure it isn't too overwhelming~ <3

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I love this. I had a phase when I was craving for Chanel No. 5. I had vintage EDT vials at home and I was almost done with them and my hands are itching to get a full sized bottle. It was then that I got sample decants of the Charlies---Red, Gold, and Blue.

When I tested Charlie Blue--it was instant love. My skin has an affinity for the rosy-oakmoss stuffs. I dabbed some on and I smelled a masculine version of Chanel No. 5. (I see eyeballs rolling. My mom did the same thing.)

To say that these two fragrances are similar is crazy I know. However, my skin does tricks like this sometimes----making legends out of cheap drugstore fragrances. Now whenever I crave for the rich-soapy chypre florals with a tinge of vintage, I reach for Charlie Blue. This fragrance is a gem and I am so glad I found it.

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

This gives me a headache. It is strong, over powering and smells very synthetic.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This is a one spritz wonder and a dead ringer for the original Halston. If you like Halston, Estee Private collection, Knowing or White Diamonds give this ago - these all have a heavy whack of oakmoss and rose and I would consider them all quite similar. I find this slightly more uplifting than Halston as it is missing the dirtier animal notes and incense, well on my chemistry anyway.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Yup, it's loud ladies and gentlemen…but I love the whole mix of ingredients! The oakmoss is strong and equaled with jasmine+roses. It takes a confident woman/man who can wear this heady concoction or one who just loves it as much as I do. Sillage is about 2feet and definitely leaves a trail. One blast is all you need and it gets softer as the hours click away (on me, about 12hours). If you like soft, ephemereal scents that are on the shelves lately, this is not for you. Love, love, love this and I'm glad I gave it a try. Only $10 at select Shoppers in Canada. 4/5

One spray on me
Sillage: as far as 3 feet
Longevity: morn to dusk

elizabethari
elizabethari

Seriously, I think I was born with a nose that didn't belong on a child born in 1980. All the luscious, sexy fragrances totally bypassed my generation. We have the fruity florals...lucky us. Right. I loooove me some chypres. Love them. Charlie Blue is no exception. It's gorgeous sparkly greenness that ripens into a softer, yet still butt kicking mossy, wooded floral. One thing that absolutely thrills me is that my chemistry loves this sorta thing. Lucky me!!!

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

As the reviewer below says (Kamisis), if you wear this over the top of Charlie Gold, it's apparently very nice! This may be a useful tip and may well work.

However, on me this smells like a gone off 40 year old bottle of dirt cheap eau de cologne that has gone rank.

It smells like pound store aftershave worn by a man you would never want to kiss.

It's so bad I had to wash it off.

I can't even describe the smell except that maybe it's woody, sharp, stale, makes my nostrils tingle and I wouldn't want anyone to smell me wearing this at all.

Perfume should be pleasant and should make you smell lovely and feel good. This made me smells cheap and nasty and I couldn't wait to get rid.

I find this to be a strong woody chypre, similar in some ways to the original Charlie but this is more unisex. The oakmoss in here is quite heavy, reminding me of bygone oakmoss infused scents like Halston and Todd Oldham. For those that miss their beloved oakmoss, here it is. Give it a try. It's not expensive and is sitting on a drugstore shelf somewhere, readily available. It's not the scent for me, I'm not drawn to heavy woody scents or unisex scents but I can see how this would have a rich earthy quality when worn by the right person.

kamisis
kamisis

désolée je suis française et parle très mal l'anglais donc je rédigerais en français.
charlie blue n'est pas un très bon parfum à mes yeux
trop chimique déjà et une odeur bizarre mais comme j'en ai acheté 4(blue,red,gold et white) j’étais tellement ecoeurée par l'odeur douceâtre sucrée de charlie blue que j'ai vaporisé par dessus charlie gold,et là, chose incroyable le mélange des 2 donne une très belle odeur,
un peu le système de mélanger 2 couleurs de rouge à lèvres et d'obtenir la couleur désirée et j'avoue qu'en mélangeant charlie blue+charlie gold=loveeeeeeeee

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Call me crazy but to my nose the notes of this (first, middle and even a bit of the drydown) remind me of a mixture of a deluded, less complicated and vanilla-less Shalimar and Cabochard without the incense smoke. Shadows of these two concoctions seem to "meet-in-the-middle" in Charlie?!

Either my chemistry is in love with Charlie Blue and makes the notes blend in my favorite way, or, I just have never noticed the resemblance?
Either way I am pleased. It's an inexpensive, long lasting and aura-filling scent. One could do worse. Wow!

::PS:: A lot of these older formulations are heavy characters. Spray with a light hand!!

Lakambini
Lakambini

I really like this. Spritzes on heavy, musky, nutty, with the residue of a thousand votive flowers. It closely resembles the original Charlie, down to that odd note that reminds me of peanuts boiled in their shells. It is resistant to soap and water, and after a wash fades to a pleasant sandalwood odor on the skin. I'm keeping this one: it smells dirty and sensual, and I need more of that in my life; will probably decant it into a glamorous, old-fashioned bottle and pretend I inherited it from a fur-clad, chain-smoking film star of an aunt.

Lushylori
Lushylori

To me,This one smells only slightly different than the Origanal Charlie but 3 times as strong.
I like it but I was shocked that I spritzed some in the air and a slight bit must have misted my coat and it smelled like I gave myself a good dose of it on me directly.
I think its nice that its sold so cheap and comes in such a large bottle and lasts forever.
This one is the type of perfume that MUST be used sparingly but I think it smells good though.
Its definitely worth the price and a bottle should last FOREVER...This week at Shoppers drug mart,its being sold for $9.99 in a 3.4 oz bottle...Not bad!!! Not bad at all.. :)

estaxx
estaxx

I got given this perfume. She really like it but I hated it, and still do. It smells cheap and very over powering. The colour of it also puts me off it, orangey, yellowy brown. Don't buy it

rosembloom
rosembloom

I AM AMAZED THAT THERE ARE SO MANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS ABOUT THIS FRAGRANCE BUT CHEMISTRY PLAYS FUNNY TRICKS SOMETIMES... BUT ON ME, THIS SMELLS FRESH, CLEAN, ZESTY AND POWDERY,. A WOODY FLORAL IN WHICH I DETECT MOSTLY THE SANDALWOOD THE ROSE AND THE MOSS. IT'S A GO TO COMFORT SCENT I LOVE TO USE AROUND THE HOME TO PLEASE MYSELF AND NO ONE ELSE! GOOD DAY FELLOW FRAGRANTICANS!

Halvah
Halvah

I used to love Charlie and was very happy to get Charlie blue as I thought it's the same. actually this perfume is a shame in my opinion. Headnotes are the notes of charlie's but very fast this fume becomes a stinky, spoiled mass on the skin and on clothing and a horribly stinky but just as strong and longlasting smell remains that is impossible to wash off our wash easily out of cloths. It is so bad it made me literally sick. And this is not a question of taste, I think. This is not simply a watered down sister of the original charlie, but is like the worst replike that only resembles in headnotes and cheap, artificial, disgusting juice remains of all the nice headnotes. Must be one of the most horrible perfumes ever - sorry. However, Charlie, the original one was beautiful, bold and sparkling. I would happily pay 3 times the price of charlie blue for a bottle of the original charlie.

wesserle
wesserle

používam ju ako náhradu Melody dreams, nikde sa už táto nedá nájsť. Z nostalgie a ako spomienka na mladší vek mi úplne vyhovuje na bežný deň.

id
id

Geranium, musk and roses. Very long lasting and intensive. To me it is very similar to Paris by YSL after the opening when the note of a rose becomes silent. Longevity is incredible, it lasts and lasts.

SheShe
SheShe

I had a bottle some time ago and I sold it. The geranium is what I could detect the most. All in all it wasn't bad done but I got uncomfortable when I was wearing it. It was too strong and this is eau the cologne! It has a great lasting power and doesn't feel it was created in 70's - I'd say in 90's!

It's a bit masculine.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

To be honest, I think I actually like Charlie Blue (the freshened-up version of the original Charlie in the dark blue box). It smells like it was made of cheap materials, but the composition is fairly well-balanced, and its chypre-esque citrus and oakmoss scent profile is actually quite unisex, bordering on being outright masculine. There is a green hue infused between the lemon and orange top notes, probably the geranium, which sets a pretty good stage for the hints of rose and white flowers that follow. Although it conjures rather jaundiced 1970s imagery of Chesterfield-smoking women ironing and watching soap operas, I could see this version of Charlie working for the right 21st Century man or woman. It sidles next to Grey Flannel as an under-appreciated and classic floral chypre drugstore cheapie.

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

This perfume reminds me of an era; when I was little, and couldn't have it, admiring all my grown up relatives for wearing it. It was that innocent perception on sexuality and attraction, and I bought a bottle unsniffed, just because I don't want to lose this memory and feeling ever!
Εdit: and guys, it is floral. To me, it's spicy floral. And soapy, but I forgive it for all the above reasons :-)

LaPetite
LaPetite

This is the scent that i would typicaly dislike if it would be released now , BUT it is so retro , so vintage, it has this little something that in the 70's a scent could be at the same time funky AND classy ! This is not a perfume for everyone , i must admit , would go very well on someone wearing groovy colors , like it was trendy in the 70's
To sale nowadays Revlon would have to add tons of sweety notes :-( , but please don't change it ! Charlie Blue is part of perfumery patrimony ! Don't touch!

blueberry

UPDATE: This is a master of longevity! I washed my clothes on which I had sprayed Charlie Blue and they still smelled after that!!! It is simply unbelievable. I love this stuff, although it seems too intense to wear it in public! For the use at home it is great and really inexpensive!

guest_FragranceFanatic
guest_FragranceFanatic

Quite simply the most horrific perfume I have ever encountered in my entire life, both on the skin and in the air. This stuff is NASTY! It almost choked me! Just smells like chemicals and urine with subtle hints of perfume oils which, even without the chemical, urine smell, would still be somewhat unpleasant and very ordinary. This so called perfume is not worth a penny! Or a cent! The positive reviews are completely baffling me. Try a sample first I guess.

Scent-a-holic
Scent-a-holic

I liked it for the first 5 mins or so but after that it became a chemical horrible mess on me I had to run home and scrub this one off. Very good lasting power though (unfortunately for me). In a nutshell N-A-S-T-Y at least it was for me.

blueberry

Charlie Blue is a powerful stuff! Amazing musky, woody and floral mix is kind of animalic to my nose, but I like it. I wouldn't classify it as purely floral as the old school muskiness is too distinctive. I guess it is a very seductive scent, a bit dated-but I do not care at all;-) It is not an office scent, but rather "after hours". I sprayed it yesterday on my wrists going to bed and today I woke up still smelling this super sensual aroma. Not to everyone's liking though, do test before buying.

Cyntillate
Cyntillate

It's really about the song with this one. The fragrance is utterly forgettable. But it's worth wearing when you're out and about because that awesome little commercial ditty keeps playing in your head - "and they call it, Charlie!"
If only I had a 70s style pantsuit I would spray on Charlie and go to the mall.

This is a masterpiece. It is very complex, great quality and for an even better price! For you wondering what it smells like, it is the twin fragrance of Jil Sander III. I have them both and love them both, but the Jil Sander III is of course a much more expensive perfume. Both masterpieces.

mcelferr
mcelferr

I can hardly remember. I had it when I was a litle girl. it was a fever those days. I remember the sweet sandalwood. Just thhat. But it was warm and I liked it.

Sumeer
Sumeer

Bought it for my Wife... definately a Unisex Perfume...very nice at its price...

guest_charlie blue for men and w
guest_charlie blue for men and w

dear reader if you are a man of boy please try and use charlie blue and wright a review it is stupid that people only say that charlie blue is for wormen i think that is a load of bull and that who ever wants to use charlie blue should be alowed to and i also think that the wholes salers the people who sell charlie blue should say that it is a fragrance for mrn and women please let people know that this fragrancen is for men and women by leaving a coment thanks i am a man and use charlie blue and it is loverly and smells nice

charlie blue is also a unisex item for men or wimen did you know that

IuliaPana
IuliaPana

I had this perfume, the only difference was that the bottle was translucent and the liquid was blue. It smelled like Cool Water from Davidoff, everybody tought I was wearing that so it was a great deal! :))

A friend of mine adores this and wear it all the time. It was my Aunt's scent back in time. As for me... well, not my fave one. It smells so cheap and dissociated on my skin. It's like throwing strange notes together without any sense, it's quite harsh and like something you get used to smell because it was everywhere. Yes, it's cheap but not worthy IMO.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

An underrated fragrance, probably because it is a drugstore scent, and once was so ubiquitous. My Gram wears this, and I had a bottle of it myself. This fragrance really hangs together as a seamless whole, like many scents of the 70's. It is bright and upbeat, and it stays true all day long. My only quibble is the new "Blue" version doesn't smell exactly like the original, though it is supposed to be the original fragrance.

winx61
winx61

Charlie blue è il piu' simile al mitico charlie degli anni '70... delizioso.. ed anche economico!!!

Charlie Blue by Revlon 2.89 out of 5 based on 197 ratings and 59 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Charlie Blue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Revlon Charlie Blue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Charlie Blue by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Charlie Blue by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.