Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Charlie Gold Revlon for women
dislike

caramel
cinnamon

Charlie Gold by Revlon is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Charlie Gold was launched in 1995. The fragrance features orange, apricot, sandalwood, plum, amber, cinnamon, musk, violet, freesia, peach, jasmine, caramel, cloves, cedar and rose.

Orange Apricot Sandalwood Plum Amber Cinnamon Musk Violet Freesia Peach Jasmine Caramel Cloves Cedar Rose

Kashaya
Spark
Cantate

Charlie Gold Fragrance Reviews

patxaran
patxaran

At this price my expectations aren't unrealistic but I fail to recognize what others smell here. The opening is a chemical blast sweet powdery almost like aldehydes. After a while I can detect cinnamon but at this stage the fragrance becomes quieter on my skin. The drydown is not bad but barely noticeable. Maybe the bottle I tested was off.

whimsicalpopsicle
whimsicalpopsicle

I cannot believe this is so cheap ... Thank you lovely fragrantica participants for this. Another blind buy, another gem. I have to say though I don't like the opening of this oldie goldie but the way this thing evolves ... omg! This is way better than most expensive well-known perfumes today. I can still smell it, 10 hours after aplication. I sprayed it on my wrist and now I just have to test it on the clothes too, I really need to know what it does to the fabric. Thank you again you all ;)

paolalala
paolalala

It looks like Shafali Fleur Rare, discontinued perfume( Yves Rocher ). This Charlie Gold is very hard to find in France...
I love this warm creamy fragrance, perfect in all seasons.
Chic & voluptuous...

sygrid29
sygrid29

i got this one and it smells like a mixture of avon imari velvet and givenchy amarige. on my skin it smells like a very luscious bubblegum. there is also something in this fragrance that reminds me of Dior tendre poison on the drydown at least for me.

lirael00
lirael00

Why is this so cheap? It's beautiful. Perfect for winter/fall days. It's very crispy oriental and it gives you a feeling of warmth and protection. I've tried to wear it also in the summer, but it's so much better for the cold weather and for me almost all the spicy fragrances with cinnamon as their dominant note are more wearable in winter. On my skin it lasts for about 6 hours, projection is pretty good too. I love Charlie Gold, and i love how you don't have to pay a lot to smell expensive. Get it if you can!

Dragonsheart
Dragonsheart

Better than I have expected. And now I'm in love with this fragrance and It's addiction to this rose in caramel.

ilanjo
ilanjo

I like Charlie so much! I bought it because I read many good reviews here and I'm not disappointed. It smells good. Not strong but also not soft. The smell lasts quite long for me. I had Charlie Blue and I like that too.

KaseyC
KaseyC

All of the Revlon fragrances have never caught my attention. Today, I passed this rack by at a local cosmetics shop and saw it cost only $40 (approx US$5) for a 100ml bottle. I tried the Original, Blue and Gold on my skin. I disliked the Blue which has a heavy note of oakmoss that I hate. Then I sniffed my hand that I sprayed the Gold on... hmmm... it's warm, similar to Rochas Femme and reminds me a little bit of Givenchy Amarige Mariage. When I came home and checked the database. No wonder, these 3 frags share a few common dominant notes like cinnamon, peach and sandalwood.

For Charlie Gold, it starts with sweet orange and caramel. An hour later, cinnamon and sandalwood take over and the scent settles on these 2 notes with sweet caramel as background. I love this combo especially in the cold weather. This scent keeps me warm and safe. I am very surprised to realize that an inexpensive frag like this one can give out a natural scent while some others cost more and smell like a mixture of plastic and artificial scents.

I adore this frag and the feeling it offers to me. No wonder it's been on shelf for decades and got fans at all ages.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Received it today and am a tad disappointed. Based on reviews I was hoping for some cinammon, caramel and spice infused smell but at this point all I do smell is some unrecognisable somewhat cold flowery scent. But I will try it out more and will do another review soon because in general I love the Charlie line. Tested Red today in store and it was a fab flowerbomb :)

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This to me is like Diamonds and Rubies-VERY VERY Spicy rather than Tresor-smells nothing like it to me. Started waring this regularly and I do love it alot. The dry down has so much plum in it that its wonderful. Once your nose get used to this, its just beautiful. Original Charlie will ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE THOUGH.

Voopie
Voopie

I became a Charlie Girl today :D love it and I am so stuck in the Charlie world now ;)

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I love Gold however I got the fraiche so its very weak with little sillage. I gotta try this in a stronger version.

Eau Fraiche (Usually 3% or less perfume oil)
Eau de cologne - EDC (2 - 5% perfume oil)
Eau de toilette - EDT (4 - 10% perfume oil)
Eau de parfum - EDP (8 - 15% perfume oil)
Soie de Parfum (15 - 18% perfume oil)
PARFUM (15 - 25% --sometimes referred to as Extract)

reborn
reborn

Can someone tell me what is the difference between Charlie gold and Gold eau fraiche?Are they very different?Thank you

lisaivette
lisaivette

Fall is the time for Charlie Gold. This is my favorite of all of the Charlies.I know it could be easy to dismiss as a drugstore fragrance,but don't let the ugly bottle and cheap price fool you.
This a a comfy-cozy kind of scent. The opening is very much about the orange and roses. I also get a lot of syrupy peach. Dries down to a sweet caramel cinnamon confection.
For me, it is long lasting. If I put it on at bedtime, I can still smell it the next day. Cheerful, warm, and super affordable.

sazielenora
sazielenora

i could remember that it was back in earlty 2000 the first moment i took my eyes on this lovely oriental scented perfume. i couldnt resist myself from
spraying a bit on my wrist from the tester bottle. i felt in love with rare gold
almost immeadiately. all i can say is this is indeed a perfume that is truly
underated. tday i bought myself a bottle of charlie gold im so glad that the
smell remains the same divine as it was to my nose many many years ago
oh charlie gold how time passes by n everythin seems to change but u
remained the same. to all the oriental perfume lover u should get urself
atleast a bottle of this. its really affordable n worth buying. hapy sniffin

Jahzara
Jahzara

I love Charlie Gold!
Not only is it cheap but it smells so good !
My boyfriend say it smells like cheap perfume but I like it! lol .
And the longetivity is long! It last the whole day on me!

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

An old school oriental floral. By that I mean that it holds true to the 90's. I found that 90's fragrances were heavy, not slap you in the chops heavy like it's glorious shoulder padded 80's cousins, but Charlie Gold is a sparkling, glowing, cocktails at sunset after the beach representation of it's era.

The bottle is a simple flacon that befits the fragrance well as the scent isn't overly complex or pretentious. It's like a little gold nugget that you can carry around with you if you so desire! If you love oriental florals, take a walk down 1990's memory lane with this divine little number!

The plum and jasmine resided on my skin for quite a long time, which is lovely. A powdery sweet musky aroma joined the flowers and fruit about an hour into wearing this one. The dry down was bordering on the gourmande side with the caramel, however, the sandalwood and cinnamon balance it out brilliantly.
Beginning, middle and end. Simple, elegant and fabulous value for money.

Aardwolf
Aardwolf

Fifteen years ago Tresor used to be my signature scent. It was a very emotional period for me with some good but some really bad times. I bought Charlie Gold as a blind buy, but I found out to me it resembles Tresor too much to wear it without getting flashbacks of the bad old days. But I sprayed some on my curtains this afternoon. Forgot about it subsequently, and now everytime I think: hey, lovely smell! I get especially the flowers, not the spice, it smells quite different than the tresori kind of cinnamon on my skin. Probably has to do with (absence of) body chemistry. Longivity is impressive too.

jessbug
jessbug

Unfortunately I don't like it. It's not because of the price, or the bottle: I was wholeheartedly hoping for something amazing. The comment talking about how this would sell like hot cakes if it was sold by a big expensive brand pushed me over the edge to buy this. I wish I agreed, but while this is not bad smelling, it has a very distinctive base note that just screams 'cheap' or 'fake' to me. It's a note I've encountered in several cheap dupe versions of real perfumes. Although I guess that's only a problem because I associate that note with cheap fakes...

Anyway, this is really strong, it has some serious sillage and longevity. I feel like the more delicate notes in this get way overpowered by the peach at first and the caramel later. It's not a soft, creamy, heavy opaque type caramel. It reminds me of low priced butterscotch liquor, the type that always tastes a bit too harsh and a little watered down. I do think my skin isn't doing this any favors. This might smell absolutely mouthwatering on the right person.

Too bad it's not me :(

2.5/5

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

love it but doesn't last but smells very floral on me I have too say I love it!
Wish it lasted longer you have too spray 50 sprays for it too last all day but it so cheap I am fine with that!

My first thought when trying this was "oh dear". I bought this blind and it's not what I was expecting. I was hoping for something warm, sweet, spicy, and ambery. Based on all the references to caramel, I thought this would be sweeter. It's not sweet. I don't smell any cinnamon either. Knowing I should let it settle before forming an opinion, I waited. It didn't get much better but I did end up with a headache. I should have paid more attention to the comparisons to Tresor, a scent I dislike. To me, it smells more like a cross between Tresor and Ellen Tracy, another scent I dislike. I compared the notes of these three and can only conclude that it might be the combination of sandalwood and peach that is causing this to smell so weird on me. Or maybe it's just some sort of synthetic sandalwood they're using. Try before you buy this one.

Pasaka
Pasaka

Another blind buy from Charlie's range. Honestly, I didn't like it. On me it smells very spicy and a strange combination of a sweet caramel and something floral. I can detect a clove scent which dominates on my skin. But if you're planning to buy it, please test it before the purchase

janset
janset

For me it's not oriental because I expect something deeper, darker from a perfume oriental. It's a real gourmand. Moreover it has the prettiest cinnamon and caramel combination. In the opening the sandalwood note is so noticeable that you feel it's a soapy fragrance but the drydown is getting so beautifully warmer and sweet. It's a mood lifting fragrance. Longevity is great, more than 6 hours. I prefer this one to The Body Shop or Victoria's Secret gourmands. When I wear one of them I always need more character, longevity and sillage but Charlie Gold is the perfect answer with a reasonable price.

AmberStone
AmberStone

can someone please tell me how this smells? like floral or fruity or spicy? i saw this real cheap and wondering if i should buy it? im 20 btw.

AngelaChase
AngelaChase

The most overlooked and undiscovered Charlie perfume out of the whole range!
With Charlie blue, red and white being known as the weak sisters after the original Charlie...people stopped trying the Charlie siblings that followed. I feel Charlie Gold can make people rediscover the Charlie brand if people gave this one a try, and if the Charlie company stick with this kind of formula for new fragrances to come.
This does not smell like the other Charlie's because it’s not about flowers or aldehydes! This is the first of the Charlie line to smell like a high end perfume.
This is a autumn/winter perfume for sure and best for night time use because it fills a whole room with warmth and comfort, the way a fire place fills a family's room with love on a winters night!
Chocolate, caramel, cinnamon and amber in abundance! This feels like a mothers hug on Christmas morning. Thankfully the sandalwood and musk do not stand out, for that is a big reason the other Charlie's smell the same and very unpleasing to most, so this is a completely new formulation for Charlie and it’s about time!
It has the strength and lasting power of the original Charlie and Charlie Blue, but there’s nothing overpowering or headache inducing from this at all.
It’s such a surprise when you first spray Charlie Gold to know it comes from the same Charlie family, that you will buy it instantly.
Really does make you feel warm on a cold night, the way a cup of hot cocoa with vanilla sticks makes you feel as you take that first sip!
Lasts up to 6 hours on both dry and moist skin types so it doesn’t mix with skin chemistry too much!
Nothing about this is Oriental though, because there’s no spice in this or any Asian notes at all! Even though cloves, cedar and amber are very present, it feels more like a woody, velvet, creamy scent! If any of the sweet notes are present, it would be the plum which smooths it’s way in perfectly, blending it’s sweetness yet sourness very quietly.
Does remind me of the first “Gloria Vanderbilt” perfume in some ways!

kjaja
kjaja

On the beginning the scent is strong and unpleasant like something out of 70s, but after half an hour it calms itself down and then all I can smell is sweet caramel, lightly woody and maybe little flowery scent. I love cinnamon scent, but I do not get it here, nor the fruit part. Or the cloves. Not even cedar or musk... Maybe just a little musk. However, caramel lasts and lasts, but it sticks very close to the skin.

Paraluman
Paraluman

The initial spray is a blast of alcohol and floral freshness with that sweet plasticky note that just makes my stomach turn.. this unfortunately lasts until the middle phase which is about 3 hours on me.

In the drydown, the synthetic note begins to disappear and a lovely soft caramel starts to peek through. A sprinkling of powdered vanilla makes it sweeter and warmer. This phase is really beautiful and expensive smelling for the price.. if only i can stomach the first 3 hours :(

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I was afraid to buy this, even though I have a few other Charlie fragrances. The Red is my fave, so I did not think any other would come close. This blew me away! I don't really care for perfumes with a prominent cinnamon note, but this smells wonderful. I am so happy I took a chance on it. I smells almost as good as Charlie Red to me! Happy as a clam right now!
Update!!!
I just realized that this scent is a dupe for VS Rapture. I'm comparing them and I can barely tell them apart!!! I love Rapture so this discovery makes me smile!

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

This isn't bad at all ! Cheap & cheerful, but very good for the price- on me is is quite rosy,I mainly get spicy,ambery floral notes with a hint of apricot fruits. It is quite a warm fragrance, nice for autumn/winter days-worth picking up at the moment in the sales as it's going for around £3.99 for a large bottle at the moment,happy days :-)

caiomags
caiomags

Good longevity! A good perfume at low price

ZELJO
ZELJO

this is quite plastic, but anyhow, I like it as morning fragance, I think it suits more men than women, in fact a totally straight guy from my office asked me about that one and ended up buying it too,I find that one very much in the 70s and early 80s style

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This is a deliciously gourmand version of Tresor on me - more musk, more spice and delicious caramel but not in the burnt fairy floss way of many of today's creations. The cinammon and caramel notes are a tad too sweet for my liking and amped up with the rose powder notes become a bit cloying on my skin. I also highly rate charlie Blue as an affordable luxury scent. This is a cheap treat the 100ml is 1/5th the price of the latest fads and the staying power is amazing - give it a whirl!

A very nice surprice! A cheap scent smelling expensive. Great mix of notes and I really like Charlie Gold. I love softspicy oriental parfum's and this one is perfect. Light and airy and yet intensive. No sharp or edgy notes. On my skin Charlie Gold smells good about 4 hour- allright for an Eau de Toilete, I think. Great price, I'm happy I found this one.

En trevlig överraskning. En billig doft som doftar dyrt. Härlig mix av doftnoter och jag gillar verkligen Charlie Gold. Jag gillar mjuk-kryddiga oriental-inspirerade dofter och denna är perfekt. Lätt och luftig men ändå intensiv. Inga skarpa eller kvalmiga doftnoter. På mig så doftar Charlie Gold ca 4 timmar, helt ok för en Eau de Toilette. Bra pris, jag e glad jag hittade denna.

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

i_smell_good_all_the_time and Cisco are right. It is really strong, with somewhat of a plastic smell if you over apply it. I'm just glad I sprayed the first spritz outside! It's starting to calm down now. Once I recover from the first overdose, I'll try reapplying just a little. It does have some promise, and the buttery caramel note is definitely there. It would ideally be a fall and winter holiday perfume. If all goes well, I plan to wear a bit to an upcoming Halloween party. Hmm, it's rather pleasant at this point. We'll see where it is in a few hours, and how the second, little trial goes.
Hour 3, now it smells quite warm and yummy. It may not be my first choice, but applied judiciously, may work for some occasions. Sept 22 update: This has become a favorite!

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

This is an ADULT gourmand. Charlie Gold was ahead of a trend by what almost 20 years....I love that!!! So creamy, cinnamon, spicy with a hint of floral and fruit. The sandalwood and caramel make a great team as well. The price is EXCELLENT because you don't pay for a big name and a pink cutesy bottle. Charlie Gold is wonderful. It sells on Overstock for 10 bucks. This fit my bill in sooo many ways.

Niunia
Niunia

smells like a luxury perfume. sweet, but not in the "teen" way. woody and sweet. good for everyday and soooooo cheap! I am gonna buy some more !

maiker
maiker

Lovely CHARLIE

The first time i smelled Charlie was in a store (paseo orinoco venezuela)the lady who atended me was so elegant, she let me smell 3 diferent perfume. so y didn't see the presentation, this scent is so sofisticated, elegant. i think OMG sure is an expensive perfume.

Y tell the lady, y dont have more than 600.Bs the lady laugh and said. dont worry, the price is 120.Bs for 100.ml :O cant bealive i never see and used this rare gold before.

10/10 REVLON I LOVE ALL YOUR PERFUME...!!!

Pari88
Pari88

Delicious! I get a lot of sweet cinnamon and fruits (plum, and apricot), with a lot of sandalwood and vanilla. This is also slightly powdery with some noticeable cedar and violets! Mmmmmm... It changes so much; this one has a LOT of character. Amazing. It has similarities to numerous fragrances, but I can't pin point the exact ones just yet; as of now none in my collection. This is so yummy, it just makes me so happy smelling it! I feel so much joy in this fragrance; it really amazes me. Who knew? I will never judge a book by it's cover again! I love the fact that it smells so familiar and truly has a little bit of many perfumes out there. This is easily a comfort scent for the wearer, and the people who smell it on you. People will sniff you and automatically just feel like they knew you from somewhere, and will always make them smile. I don't see anything wrong with this. I love it! Yep, gonna wear this one in the fall! It'll wear so well then. Something about it reminds me of the golden and red colors of autumn trees, harvest time, pumpkin and apple picking, wood cottages, the first cool wind on the first autumn morning, and yep, halloween! A very homely fragrance, girl next door vibe. And....SO CHEAP! $7 for a HUGE bottle!

CheyenneaRae
CheyenneaRae

I love all the charlie perfumes. but Charlie gold is number #1.

sharon1984
sharon1984

Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the au fraiche and the eau de toilette? I see there are two types of Charlie from every color?

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

The stepchild among scents. Very underrated yet a complex and yummy scent.
We all know it since Noah's Ark. The bottle is 'boring' and he price is 'too cheap'?!

If this same potion were in a classy, pretty bottle and re-released under a clever name with an equally clever ad-campaign AND priced way, WAY up. How many would covet this? I think lots of people would. It's a well made deep and rich honey-ish, caramel and floral mix. Its silage is sexy and the longevity is awesome.

Forget the prejudice and just judge this one by smell. The same goes for Charlie Blue & Red. *very affordable yumminess*

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Thick, heavy, sweet cloying cinnamon and caramel. I absolutely love this stuff. It has great lasting power and is so sexy. It only cost 7€ for 100ml, that is crazy! I love this. 10/10

CaramelCinnamon
CaramelCinnamon

This perfume is amazing. I was browsing opinons on it's scent and I guess my username devolped from there. I was spending what I had been given for helping to feed a cat (give nbefore job started, I'm still doing it until the 17th or 18th, can't rember.) and there was very little choice of perfume. The gold box caught my eye so I opend it to smell it.Originally, I don't now why but I smelt a honey like smell. I applied some once I reached home and browsed around. I then realised the caramelized warm spicy scent. It is also quite flora. It is by far oneof my favourite perfumes I have smelt so far. I keep smelling my wrist where I have applied it. I am over the moon with this perfume.. It was £6.99 and I realised there were cheaper ones online. But everyone deserves to treat themselves now and again. Besides, I had to go into another store earlier and it was cheap compered to their prices. Especially since the shop I got it from it allways has cheaper prices then rrp prices. It would have been £14.95! The smell is long lasting and smells delicous. You can't go wrong.

10/10 if not over 10. Amazing. Very satisfied with this perfume.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have worn this for years since it was first launched and don't ask me why but it always reminds me of Nina Ricci Liu Air du Temps on first spray and a little of Escape from Calvin Klein it has an almost aquatic note somewhere in there must be the rose. Then when it settles I do get the reference to Tresor as I have always loved that perfume and know the smell anywhere. This lasts a long time too. This in my opinion is the best out of all the Charlies they are all good this one I think smells expensive and more complicated than the others. My husband loves this everytime I spray it and so do a few other guys like family members and someone I work with commented it smelled nice.

Lakambini
Lakambini

There's so much to love about this fragrance. It goes on thick, sweet and sensual, resolving itself into its component notes of cinnamon, sandalwood and above all caramel, as the minutes turn into hours. It is almost intolerably sweet on fabric, though better-behaved on skin; its holiday spiciness makes it fit for autumn and winter, except if you live in a cold country where you can wear it most of the year, along with your suede jacket and boots. Others have drawn comparisons to Tresor but I think mostly of Lancome Poeme when I use Charlie Gold -- a thinner, inexpensive, anxiety-free sister to Poeme. That thinness, and a certain synthetic quality keeps one's expectations at a humbler level -- no thunderous romance, but a stolen kiss made all the more delicious by ... a drugstore Charlie.

Halvah

This is my second review on this perfume. When i spray it, cinnamon and other warm, sensual, creamy notes come, but it doesn't worth for me analizing them, because that is not why I love this scent. After a few hours this becomes so comforting, close-to-skin and warm, a little bit sweet and alluring fragrance that is more important for me than what the actual notes or the quality of materials are. I love it.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I have a pretty giant bottle of this and I like it,its pretty nice.It smells a lot like tresor but at the fraction of the price.
Charlie perfumes last all day which surprises me due to to the low price :)
I still like Charlie origanal better because it reminds me of my mom.She wore that scent all the time while I was growing up :)

madabrata
madabrata

it last all day on my skin. If i spray it at the morning, i'll still notice the warm caramel/vanilla at the evening.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I`m so dissapointed!

After reading all the reviews I was hoping for a smooth and rounded vanilla/amber/cinnamon/caramel perfume.

But all I get from it is a "toiletty" jasmine/oranges/aldehydic feeling. Very very sharp and sour, I got a headache in an instant.

It smells very "mature" and classy I guess, but that`s not "me". The only good thing was the price, sillage and longevity.

Halvah

Charlie Gold is a truly underrated fragrance, but it's unique, warm, creamy and spicy just the way I really love it! It's sweet, but not overly so, ultra-feminine in my opinion and lingering so beautifully that many times strangers ask me what I'm wearing. My husband loves it also.It makes me happy, confident and glamorous. It's not an office-scent, but sometimes I wear a drop on working days, and I don't think it's too much in that amount. But I spray twice when going out, and it lasts all night. Sillage is very nice also.

About the smell itself: firt it may be a little strong but after a while it develops into a spícy (mainly cinnamon) floral-oriental with a soft caramel-vanilla base.

It's the scent that you could sell for three times more money in a different bottle with different label on it.

geur
geur

a bit like CK eternity, but nicer dry down to powder .. Not bad for a cheap perfume. It's really nice and simple

mystica
mystica

Oh, where were you, the good, old, Charlie Gold..

I haven't smelt this since years, but I remember how it smells very well, it's impossible to forget.

"Oriental" it would scream, not in a sophisticated way, nor would it promise depth, it was about being bold and sharp, standing somewhere on the line between cheap and "oh just so feminine in a promising way".

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Action you are so right! These Charlie series are unbelievable!! I am very pleased with Charlie Gold since I was able to score one for $8 including shipping. On my skin, this shines like pure golden floral. Although Jasmine is the lead, it's white smell turns into gold thanks to the peach, apricot, and cinnamon. The clove and rose is also humming in the background of this bouquet of flowers and fruits. LOVE it!! Its formulation is constructed, in my opinion, very similar to one of my favorites: Il Bacio. Recommend using it in Winter time. Also use caution when spraying. It stains clothes to the golden color of the juice inside. Enjoy! :o)

pw
pw

YOU CAN REALLY SMELL THE FLOWERS I LIKE IT

Edieeddy
Edieeddy

Smells a LOT like Naomi Campbell by Naomi Campbell. Only this is a bit 'spicy' :) bought it today and i have no regret. The lasting power is not so good but still, i like it. :) a good perfume in terms of smell and price. VERY AFFORDABLE. :)

Pierina
Pierina

This is a cheap perfume that doesnt smell cheap at all. I used to have some, millions of years ago and it was a bit too grown up for me, was just too classy at the time and I knew it too..
Anyway years on, I was sure I could smell it again but I was wrong, It was Allure by Chanel... very pricey as we all know..
So the moral to my story is this.. If you like Allure but like your money or dont have any money give Charlie Gold a squirt.. you might be in for a nice suprise or I might be olfactorarly demented..

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

A cheap version of Tresor by Lancome! So, if you like Tresor or similar fragrances, you have to try it! Someone told it doesn't last, but on my skin lasts all day! Maybe it isn't very original, but i like this sweet, floral, classy smell!

That does not surprise me ONE bit Idash! This perfume is soooo wonderful!!!

The Charlie line looks soo 'Simple' when looking at the bottles, but the perfumes are AMAZINGLY complex!! I am talking the Charlie range:

Gold, Blue, Original and RED.

They are all EXCELLENT!!!!

idash
idash

OOHH WOW..People tell me I smell so good and ask me what am I wearing?? So warm, luxurious...perfect in winters.

blueberry
blueberry

Sweet and soft skin-close scent! S-allitaration unintended:)
I absolutely agree with Action that Gold is not better than Blue, but still an extremely good product taking into account the smell and overall impression. Amazing how such an affordable EDT smells expensive and classy, even though it does not last as long as the Blue version, but still its lonvevity is not the worse I have ever experienced. It seems a very cozy and luxurious kind of perfume, best for autumn and winter, with its distinctive caramel, apricot, cinnamon, sandalwood and musk notes which make a well balanced composition, without any signs of artificiality. Wearing it just makes me feel so good and at ease, without the overly gourmandish sensations. All in all, superb!
UPDATE 01-02-2012: It seems I am slowly growing out of such scents, but still this one is pleasant and actually nicer than Charlie Blue.

arg1971
arg1971

Based on the reviews and the description of this I am really looking forward to trying this even though its by Revlon and its one of the oldies

This is actually a great perfume! Charlie Blue being the masterpiece of this line, this is a good runner up! In the manner of Tresor !
:-)

cisco
cisco

This is sugar and spice and everything nice. Additionally, it costs so lttle. I am adding this to my Winter line up. It may not last on as long as Just Me by Montana but it certainly seems to be in the same spicy family.

I must amend what I said. There is a "plastic" scent that does not go away and messes up the fragrance.

greengrl
greengrl

I'm very surprised that I like this fragrance since I do not like cinnamon and it is very present in this. I can also pick up on the apricot, plum and caramel. The notes blend together to come up with a warm, sweet fragrance that can border on a gourmand scent. I would wear this for the colder weather since it might be too sweet for warm weather. This is by far my favorite Charlie perfume.

*** This smells very similar to Nicole Miller. They share various notes but the cinnamon and caramel in Charlie Gold set them apart.

guest_Miss Delicious
guest_Miss Delicious

When it came out in 1995 I bought a bottle because I was so surprised of that good stuff. I never expected such a voluptuous fragrance by Revlon. I am a perfume addict and know hundreds of fragrances. Charlie Gold is so "cheap", but the fragance smells expensive, hot, sexy and very inviting.
Trust your own nose and your good taste. Please don't judge a perfume by its simple bottle.
Charlie gold is not "famous" but it's a little jewel :o)

guest_Fiona
guest_Fiona

It _IS_ expensive perfume, full of essential oils, not like nowadays perfumes with lot of alcohol. Just the bottle isn't complicated too much, quite simmple, but who cares.

zaramona
zaramona

It was my first real perfume and made me feel so mature while i was a teen.I dont realy remember the notes but know the opening was pretty sharp just for seconds.Then it was so classy and chic IMO.I got the first bottle as a gift from my sister and bought another two myself,used to wear it every where and enjoyed every drop of it.I am not sure if i wanna have it now since its been over ten years and there are so many better fragrances,hoewer reminds my of happy times.

preciouspetal
preciouspetal

You can definitely smell cinnamon in this.
But must they put such a strong colour in it, it stains clothes and leaves a sticky residue on the skin.
However, it does smell really nice.

i_smell_good_all_the_time
i_smell_good_all_the_time

Even though I barely knew anybody now, that wears Charlie, I can identify it whenever I bump into somebody who used it. I have it because it is given as a gift and has been staying on my vanity table for like 3 years already, but more so, it reminds me of my Grandmother..

During my younger days, say 8-10 years old, my Grandmom, dad and mom wears nothing but Charlie. That is why every time I bump into that musky root beer with vanilla, I instantly knew it! It's Charlie. I think it is due to that history which made me associate Charlie with something or somebody old, like Grandmom. But hey, Charlie still stand the test of time, cause I can still see it standing in the shelves at the perfume section at the malls..

With Charlie, all you need is one spray. Because more than one will make you dizzy. Boy its strong!

badusername
badusername

My sister was a 'Charlie girl' back in the day, and offered me a EDP of this. Searched for it for years, and ended up finding it in a cheap drugstore, of all places!

It is truly a comforting scent once you get past the fact that you only paid 'omg 5 euros for this, so it has to suck', but it's true, I bought it for sentimental reasons only. Don't most people, where Charlie is concerned?

But unfortunately, they saw fit to color it and it looks odd on your skin. I need to rub it to make the orange coloring go away.

elly77
elly77

I had it when I was 20, took it from my mom. Surprisingly all my friends thought it was something expensive and chic, people used to stop me to ask what I was wearing.
I find it warm and comforting but can't find it in local shops.

This perfume may be inexpensive, not having the class and sophistication of perhaps a Guerlain or Chanel, but it is in no way a cheap or nasty smelling fragrance. I find Charlie Gold to be very unique. I agree with Kellstar, the cinnamon certainly stands out in this fragrance. It is sweet without being sickly sweet. I have received many compliments whilst wearing Charlie Gold. My only criticism is that the lasting power is not that great.

Update: I wore this to bed last night and was amazed by how rich and sensual this smelt. It warmed on my skin considerably and smelt like a rich and expensive cinnamon and vanilla scent. My boyfriend actually found it quite sexy, and since he never compliments my fragrances, this is important to note.

Malegria
Malegria

I once basically inhaled the whole bottle!It is fruity and spicy, may be a little loud but I have a sentimental feeling for it.Was very surprised, when I wore Samsara to bed the other night and recognized Charlie Gold-ish undertones in it.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

The Cinnamon stands out in this fragrance for me. It's not one I wear often but it's lovely.

balinese_frangipani
balinese_frangipani

first time I smell this, I enjoy it,it reminds me to the feeling after tasting a good taste of rootbeer , so sweet n tasty but refreshing.. makes my mood brightened..I wear this for casual ...

Charlie Gold by Revlon 3.55 out of 5 based on 223 ratings and 75 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Charlie Gold fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Revlon Charlie Gold, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Charlie Gold by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Charlie Gold by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.