Designers » R S » Oriental « Groups

Charlie Oriental Revlon for women

Charlie Oriental Revlon for women
dislike

Charlie Oriental Revlon for women Pictures

Charlie Oriental is an oriental chypre fragrance for women launched in late 1980-ies. The fragrance is intense and rich and contains fruit, florals, spices, woody accords and patchouli. Charlie Oriental was launched in 1988.

Fruity Notes Woodsy Notes Patchouli Floral Notes Spices Clove Oriental notes

Opium
KL
Cinnabar

Charlie Oriental Fragrance Reviews

krmarich
krmarich

Thanks to my fabulous perfume endowment today, I have 2 full bottles of this first and best flanker of the classic Charlie.

Wow! I was always tempted to plunk down lots of cash for this baby. I guess good things come to those who wait.

After the thunder of YSL Opium and Cinnabar this was perhaps a logical decision from Revlon to spice it up. Indeed, it was a little late in the game as spicy orientals were falling out of fashion by 1988. Charlie Oriental was barely on the market. I love the original incarnation of Charlie from the 1970s and this takes it to the next level.

You get lots of cinnamon and cloves at the opening that last through until the ending. Then the miracle happens. All of the floral notes from the original appear to the skilled nose. There is hyacinth, violet, lily and the whole gang neatly tucked into the spicy mélange. It is definitely cold weather friendly and very nocturnal.

It keeps its feminist independence while it visits Chinatown and becomes Charlie Chan! Its luscious, sensual and would frighten the sugar coated orchid-berry fans of today. Indeed, it was made for women and not little girls.

Had this been released in 1980, it would have outsold Opium et al. Alas, only a chosen few in the perfume world had the chance to experience this. I finally get to become one of those lucky few today!

naanad
naanad

I love/miss this scent so much. I'm allergic to most perfume but this was one of the few I could wear.

HyacinthBucket
HyacinthBucket

This was the only fragrance in the Charlie range of that time period that I liked. A great little cheapie oriental that smelled more expensive.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

An absolutely gorgeous spicy scent!! This was my signature scent 22 years ago when I met my husband. He loved the way it smelled! I just found a bottle on ebay. I can't wait to see if it brings back any memories for him.

Bottle came today. It still smells as yummy as it used to. Husband still loves it!!

Voopie
Voopie

I would give away my arm for a bottle of this !!!!!

Mamou
Mamou

This was just a lovely scent. I liked best of all the Charlie incarnations.
Can it be found today?

stacia79
stacia79

My sister wore this every day when she was in 8th grade and I, the kid sister, thought it was an amazing smell. I would love to get my hands on a bottle again and see if my adult self still loves it. It's the only Charlie incarnation I enjoyed.

Charlie Oriental by Revlon 4.65 out of 5 based on 19 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Charlie Oriental fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Revlon Charlie Oriental, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Charlie Oriental by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Charlie Oriental by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Estée Lauder Cinnabar Givenchy Organza Fendi Fendi Oscar de la Renta Oscar Cacharel LouLou Estée Lauder Azuree Pure Lancome Magie Noire Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles Calvin Klein Obsession Yves Saint Laurent Opium Dana Tabu Estée Lauder Knowing Estée Lauder Youth-Dew Ralph Lauren Safari Christian Dior Poison Guerlain Samsara Eau de Parfum Guerlain Shalimar Estée Lauder Estee Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison