Designers » R S » « Groups

Head Over Heels Revlon for women

Head Over Heels Revlon for women
dislike

ozonic

Head Over Heels by Revlon is a fragrance for women. Head Over Heels was launched in 1994. The fragrance features melon, plum and peach.

Melon Plum Peach

Head Over Heels Fragrance Reviews

Alyluz222
Alyluz222

This was my first perfume obsession. I was twelve and my friend's older sister owned a bottle. Every time I'd go over to play I would admire the cute bottle and steal a spray or two. I don't remember the scent, only that I loved it. These bottles are going for 10 dollars on Amazon. I will have to get one just to see how much my tastes have changed. It would be so great to still love it at thirty. Even if I don't like it, the bottle makes me smile.

Interesting fact: this bottle makes a quick appearance in Lil Kim's "No Time" music video from the late 90s. I wonder if she actually wore it.

stanky
stanky

I'm a guy and I simply love this perfume because of the cute bottle!!

DesertRose88
DesertRose88

I had this perfume but even though I used up the whole bottle I still can't make up my mind about it. After spraying it initially I could smell the floral/melon notes but soon afterward it would fade leaving a bland chemical smell. It's not a terrible perfume but i don't think I'll be getting it again.

joliecat
joliecat

Very strong melon and plum with a bit of soft peach....and perhaps musk? I don't find it overly sweet, but it is long lasting.

Unfortunately, this doesn't smell good on me, probably due to the heavy plum. Head Over Heels has a very synthetic chemical smell that doesn't change with the drydown. I don't plan to wear this fragrance, but the bottle is a cute, unique additon to my vanity table.

Abendlicht
Abendlicht

It does remind me of a glade spray we had at my moms house in the late 90's.... Jardin champêtre (country garden). I can't say I love it, but I like it in a nostalgic way. We didn't use this spray in the bathroom, so it didn't spoil the feeling! I don't know if I smell melons or a fake rose.... a bit of pool water... Oh and you guessed : I bought it for the kitschy - cute bottle! It's not bad... It doesn't smell expensive, but, I'm sure that on the right person, at the right moment it's okay! (Not too much!! )

zetsuboukatie
zetsuboukatie

Bought it for the very cute bottle.

At first I cannot stand it. After a while it smells ok, fruity. But it all smells very synthetic and chemically.
I think I smell melon. :)

Would be good for a young girl, but I really don't think I will ever like this one besides for the cute bottle!

HB92
HB92

I bought this perfume online a few days ago. I just tried it out and I can honestly this is the worst perfume I've ever had. It's smells exactly like our toilet spray and the worst part is that about a minute after I sprayed it on my wrist, I have the most horrible headache I've had in a long time and I am someone who hardly has headaches... I can not stand this smell for another second so I'm going to scrub it off right now!

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I adore & collect unusual perfume bottles. So of course when I saw this at a ridiculously cheap price I had to buy it. It's too cute and too easily afforded not to own. I won't pretend that cheap is good. You usually get what you pay for, especially with luxury items like perfumes that need expensive ingredients to make them the potions that we all love. But this perfume is very unusual nonetheless.
I expected a cute bottle that 'happened' to have a scent in it. But after carefully sniffing it (I dread the chemical headache I fear I'll get! I blame the cheap price!) I like the scent. It's reminiscent of Giorgio Beverly Hills, which can be too much for me when over sprayed and can give headaches. But, Head Over Heels is much softer! It's less in your face in-a-bad-way. And now I read the comparisons to Sunflowers and I find that I agree with that to a point, yet Head Over Heels still smells better in my opinion. This one is a puzzle.
One day soon I must dare to spray and leave it on for a few hours. If a headache occurs, I'll still have a cute, funny bottle. If not, I might wear this more often and see how live forms around me react to it! : ) Until then this is all I can say but I will keep you posted.

BTW: Before this was a Revlon scent, it was a Ultima 2 scent and Ultima launched it in the early 80s I believe. So, it's not new and still being manufactured. Obviously there is a market? Yes! Us bottle collectors! ; )

Beatriz2222
Beatriz2222

The bottle is soo beautiful and unique. The scent is soo sexy and I really like it, people use to turn their heads when I walk beside them and some people use to ask me what I am wearing and they tell me that the scent is delicious and unique ;)

Today I tested on my skin "Sunflowers- Elizabeth Arden" and I got surprised it smelled just like "Head Over Heels", amazing I couldn´t believe it !!!

Trust me if you want to know how "Head Over Heels" scent is just test "Sunflowers" from Elizabeth Arden ;)

smvs2010
smvs2010

About ten years ago I tried this and it smelled incredibly sweet and nice on me, I finally have it and it does not work for me anymore, SPICY is all I get. Spicy all the way and nothing else. So sad.

Gekons
Gekons

I doubt I got a fake or old bottle from Strawberrynet.Scent is just disgusting and cheap.

angelheart376
angelheart376

I love it! Have worn it since the 90's. I am asked on a regular basis what I'm wearing. I have always gotten compliments on this fragrance. There are many fragrances that I cannot wear, because of my body chemistry. Head Over Heels is a great one for me! Although, I have noticed a slight change in the fragrance over the years. It was originally made by Ultima II, but now seems to be a Revlon product. Now when you first spray it on, there is a woody, musky smell, but that disappears in a matter of minutes. It doesn't have the staying power it once use to have either. I suspect more alcohol in the formula. I always layer it with the lotion and it seems to alter the smell somewhat, and I think makes it more pleasing.

meg1969
meg1969

Let's be honest. This one's a stinker from the early 80's. It's fun, retro bottle reminds me of the Stray Cat Strut or Sexy and 17 songs made popular in 1983 by American Rockabilly group, The Stray Cats.

IMHO, the spicey floral combination is not blended well, which makes it the fragrance equivalent of a bad perm, an ill-fitting jacket with large shoulderpads, a short, tight mini, red pleather pointy shoes, and bright geometric design shirt with matching earrings, bracelets, and necklace. You might be able to made one or another element work alone, or with something else in the closet, but this assemblage just doesn't go well together.

To me, this one is fun to try when you are 17, but it just doesn't work now. And really tried to like this one for the bottle alone. It wins most original bottle but that is about it.

If anyone has had success laying it with something else for a better effect I would love to read about it. It could possibly work well layered with something else, but I haven't been willing to sully my wrists to try that yet.

pw
pw

krissycat
krissycat

I think this smells a little bit like sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden. The bottle is so gorgeous..

pizza5577
pizza5577

After I sprayed this perfume ,my mom said please take it to the bin.

It's strong smell,no tender not warm scent but it's very very hot and spicy like I sprayed a pepper on my skin.

i absolutely love this perfume. it is fruity and spicy all at once, with a bit of floral thrown in. it dries down to a yummy warm spicy scent with the fruits just as undernotes. the plum in this is outstanding tho. in a good way. it is heavenly. i don't want to push out my other top 5, but if there were room it would be on my top shelf. i love it and i love the bottle.

tubita
tubita

i've just got my perfume. its an old style perfume. in the picture the notes show only fruits but i think it has some spices also. i cant say i like it or dislike..i think im in between..to be honest i had ordered this perfume for the bottle..i cant recommended it..a cheap perfume for a low price..
I think i hate this perfume!! will never use on my clothes or body! just use for sheets or toilet!!!

truffles
truffles

Shockingly bad. I'm wondering if I got a dud bottle (mind you only bought it for £4 for the bottle anyway), or if this perfume is a joke. Cheapest possible aftershave with overtones of melon. For most cheap perfumes, there's a good reason why they're cheap.

geegee

Action, ive noticed this too on many reviews. I have also noticed how different perfumes smell on me at certain times of the month too.

Ladies body chemistry much change considerably day by day due to our hormones. Ive noticed the sweeter perfumes smell rank on me when its that time of month yet the heavier ones begin to smell sweeter than they usually do.

Us women, we are very complex creatures...just like a great perfume, wine or cheese.

Hi Geegee, really funny to see how people smell differently! I get a lot of melon, melon all over the place and a lot of plum as well. I like Head over heels very much, it is strong and has very good sillage!
Good luck!

geegee

I too bought this for the totally kitsch bottle, its so tacky & tasteless that its adorable & one to have a great laugh over.

The fragrance however has a lot to be desired, i detect none of they said notes but smell a LOT of honey.

Its strong & sweet & one you really wouldnt wear for anything special, certainly not for a dinner or where close contact is on the cards with other people. I dont think anyone would appreciate sitting next to you whilst eating dinner & choking on your fragrance.

Thankfully the strong sweet smell doesnt last too long & it dries down in to something a little softer & more palatable.

jubiju2
jubiju2

i had this perfume ,cant say that i loved it but i just liked it.nothing special yea bottle was nice but still i wouldnt want to buy it again .

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I've bought this on sale because of the pretty bottle. A nice collector's item. As vioversilver said the scent itself is nothing special. A mix of banana, melon and some spices or nuts. Will be good for a teenage girl.

vioversilver
vioversilver

Yep , I got this for the bottle also, it really is a hoot , the perfume itself is nothing special, if it really is the fruity concoction that the above notes list, I don't get them either , maybe some coconut or banana,some kind of spice,or resin would of helped flesh this out...

All said and done, its all about the awesomely unapologetically, kitchy bottle and name , it just does'nt get better than this!

mmmmmm smell like sunflower !

mwater1
mwater1

I need a new bottle. I really like Head over Heels. I still wear mine when the mood strikes me.

junior halston
junior halston

This was originally a scent by Ultima when Ultima Cosmetics had counters in department stores that is....

snobuni77
snobuni77

I remember that I loved this scent when I was younger.My friend had it & everytime I would go to her house I would douse myself LOL.

Anyway I had almost forgotten what it smelled like when I was in the supermarket & smelled something great.I started sniffing around & realized that it was a women in her 40's shopping next to me with her child.

I kept debating with myself about going over to ask her what it was....when I realized that I already knew.It was head over Heels.I still like it just as much as I use to.

I would also say that it is a Floral Fruity Mix.I do not get the aquatic from it.

Head Over Heels by Revlon 2.91 out of 5 based on 78 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Head Over Heels fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Revlon Head Over Heels, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Head Over Heels by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Head Over Heels by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.