Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Jean Nate Revlon for women

Jean Nate Revlon for women
dislike

Jean Nate Revlon for women Videos

Jean Nate perfume was first launched back in 1935 for the Jean Nate Company, which was later bought by Revlon. This timeless classic possesses citrus, floral and spicy notes, such as lavender, jasmine, rose, carnation, lily of the valley, cedar, tonka bean, musk and sandalwood. It is available as 60 ml EDT, along with the additional body care products.

Lemon Bergamot Lavender

Rose Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Geranium Spicy Notes

Tonka Bean Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Musk

Jean Nate Fragrance Reviews

MRowe
MRowe

Got this a few times as a gift when I was a kid and always thought of it as a bath or toiletry type product rather than as a perfume. Very refreshing and citrusy.

CosmeHaul
CosmeHaul

I used to love this stuff and used it from childhood to college, because we lived in a hot climate and it was so refreshing. At that time, the Charles of the Ritz-branded Jean Nate splash and after bath powder smelled softly sweet, lemony, and spicy and on me it dried down to a lovely lemon sugar cookie scent without being syrupy.

The curent Revlon formulation changed Jean Nate splash to a less sweet, less lemon cookie, more herbal fragrance. I don't like it or find it refreshing anymore. It's not as soft and pretty now and smells a lot more "unisex" for lack of a better term. Before the reformulation, it was unmistakably "feminine".

In particular, the current Revlon formulation has more herbal notes and cedar, even straight from the bottle. Its scent reminds me of what might result if someone mixed some Avon Skin So Soft or old formula Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo fragrance into the bottle of Jean Nate. Or perhaps a few drops of Aromatics Elixr?. You get the idea.

Unfortunately that means on me, by drydown Jean Nate doesn't work for me. My body chemistry doesn't do green-woodsy-herby well at all.

ETA 9/30/14: Today I remembered one of the differences between old formula Jean Nate and the current formulation: the old one had a lovely honey note, which sadly no longer exists in the new formulation. I realized what it was today while I was applying Nivea Milk & Honey lip balm. Add lemon to that and a bit of spice, and you have old formula Jean Nate.

scentedkub
scentedkub

Isn't it crazy how notes that now seem to be designated as masculine nowadays were so readily used in female-targeted fragrances on a few decades ago? I ran across a huge honkin' bottle of this at Walgreen's for ten bucks. For some reason I have been really wanting to buy a fragrance that was old school and spicy and different. I think I find spice to be comforting, and I had a long week and needed some comfort. I have Tabu, but I guess my debit card was burning a hole in my pocket so I had to buy something new LOL. It's terribly hot and humid here, and I've been reading about how nice this is in warmer weather so I gave it a go. The lemony scent gives way pretty quickly, and what I end up with is something reminiscent of Old Spice, but not so strong that it's unbearable in this weather. Decent longevity for the concentration, and I am curious to see how it does if worn to work or out and about as my skin warms up in the sun.

Mango Plantation
Mango Plantation

Ahh, what a classic! The soft lemon is timeless. Very refreshing when you're just out of the shower. I like to pour some into a spritz or spray bottle and be quite liberal with it, before going out to sit in the sun, watching a little league game, or hiking thru the zoo. I can't imagine it'd ever offend anyone.
I'm actually out of the splash right now, but I have (had) some powder. Just a few days ago I decided to jazz it up a tad, so I mixed in some rose scented powder. FABULOUS!

When the forecast calls for over 100* in the shade and you just KNOW anything you wear won't go well, grab your JN - perfect!

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

Something that is missing from the description is that for a time, before being purchased by Revlon, Jean Nate was being produced by Charles of the Ritz. These are the bottles that I would look for in order to smell the real, excellent perfume that this was!

And the body splash (also Charles of the Ritz) is perfect for leaving in the refrigerator for a cool, refreshing splash in the high heat of summer!!

Soie
Soie

Soon after application this looses its brisk quality and becomes more of soft lemon & herbaceous lavender fragrance, with prominent notes of musk; spices (mostly sweet nutmeg and cloves, as was also mentioned by a previous reviewer); and woods.

While I do find the fragrance pleasant enough at this stage, my preference is actually for the brisk scent of Jean Nate that my nose deciphers while it's still in the bottle ....

Penny Urn'd
Penny Urn'd

If anyone is familiar with Willie Nelson's classic "Stardust" album, there is a cover of "Sunny Side of the Street" that is at once joyful and low-key. And the deceptively simple message of this song is choosing happiness over misery.

"I used to walk in the shade,
With my blues on parade,
But, I'm not afraid.
This rover
Crossed over."

That is, to me, the essence of Jean Nate. You spray (or splash) it on because you choose to be happy.

If you're a niche/designer only girl/guy craving a bit of sunshine in a bottle. . . don't be afraid. Go ahead and "cross over."

elph
elph

I had a maternal aunt who wore this. She used the whole set, which included the after bath splash with the powder and the lotion. She would put the splash in the refrigerator so it would be cold when she put it on. Sometimes she would let me wear it when I visited. I liked it very much as a little girl. It's still a comforting scent for wearing to sleep, maybe due to the lavender.

Roselorien
Roselorien

I found out about this fragrance from a cat trainer who swears by it for repelling cats away from areas they should stay away from. I was not surprised to find it offended me almost as much as it offended my felines. I was however very suprised to find out that people actually want to smell like this on purpose.

babayaga
babayaga

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Jean Nate cologne spray. In the seventies, my mother used the body splash-- those ginormous bottles with the big black knob cap... one bottle after another, year after year. She always smelled subtly fresh, slightly lemony. It was very soft. The small bottle of Joy my father bought her was for special occasions only. I just bought her a bottle of Jean Nate body splash, for old time's sake (she hasn't worn it in years, and I didn't realize they even made it anymore til I ran across it at Walgreen's). I gave it to her, but didn't even bother to smell it myself, such a perfume snob I have become. But I love these reviews, and I'm going to give it a real, legit test. I agree with other reviews in that I love that it's a low-cost but good quality product.
Update: I bought myself my own huge bottle. It's lovely. Of course, it's quite citrusy, but I really get the rose in it. I'm loving it quite a bit more than some of my recent niche samples lol.

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

I know this was very popular in the 70's and that's where most people draw their connection to it, from. But for me, "Jean Nate" reminds me of Busby Berkeley movies and Art Deco styles; mainly, women of The Great Depression and new immigrants to The US, who still liked to look and smell as polished as they could but had a very, realistic idea of what "living within their means" meant. It's sunny but elegant, simple but not childish. It's the scent of a 1930's working girl, those who wanted to look and smell pretty but didn't have hundreds of dollars to spend, doing it.

It's no secret that "Jean Nate" comes cheap and although not as ubiquitous as it was in even the 1980's and 90's, it's still easily available at some drugstores and certainly, online. "Jean Nate" opens on a smooth, juicy lemon that is made softer with a hint of lavender. It doesn't take long before a sweet, hint of baby powder rolls in, probably a result of the classic, rose-jasmine fonds of the early, 20th century that were carried in as the go-to heart for fragrances, afterward.

The sweetness isn't quite vanilla and I can see how tonka bean would be listed as a note because this sweetness is almost touched with a hint of coffee and the top notes of lemon and bergamot hint at Earl Gray tea. The result is an image of a plate of lemon drop cookies and lemon-lavender madelines in a classic coffee shop.

As "Jean Nate" dries down, it becomes noticably greener, drier, muskier and spicier, with a spice mix that smells like nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. It's reminiscent of classic, sweet spice scents, like "Old Spice" and "Tussy" deodorant. It comes from a time when "fresh" scents and fougares anticipated how they would wear on bodies getting a little ripe in warm weather or tight quarters so even late, into wear, "Jean Nate" smells like lemon powder, softened by musky spice. The musk has a nice, solar quality to it, mimicking the scent of sunkissed skin. No matter where you are, what you're doing, "Jean Nate" works overtime keeping you fresh and, to use an advertising word from the 30's, dainty. On men, the spices will smell more prominent on muskier, male skin.

I love this unique take on lemon -- a note I adore, but it's hard to find its presence delicate enough for me, in other blends -- and I love how it has that sunbeam optimism of other scents of The Great Depression but with a grounded sense of quiet reflection.

It's low priced but respectful and it reminds me of a time when creators really tried to make the most elegant things out of limited resources because most women couldn't afford more and creators kept that in mind. I like that.

lisadotdash
lisadotdash

This brings back so many memories from 1965 when I was 11 or so and saw this every day at the pharmacy, wishing I was big so I could buy it. Now I have it and wear it every day almost. Just the memories and the inspiration as this was the very beginning of the modern womens movement, way way before Charlie.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I remember this as a summertime fragrance when I was a younger teen. One of my Aunts would gift me the splash every year for my birthday. Funny thing was that I never was particularly fond of citrusy scents back then. But the scent didn't really linger, it was just a cool, refreshing splash for a young girl and it was what I was given so I used it. This was the beginning of body splashes as we know them today. It was a very popular drugstore fragrance when I was a teen. I recently purchased one as a memory, but it's the vintage from Lanvin, Charles of The Ritz, not Revlon. It's a bath and body perfume of Jean Nate. So I decided to revisit this old classic and to my surprise, found it just as light, refreshing, citrusy and airy. The perfume is more on the oily side, but still light. It's not a feeling like the splash, but the scent is still reminiscent and brings back fond memories. Jean Nate bath and body perfume is a clean scent, a hint of spice, a tad of muskiness that's not overpowering at all. I noticed it does get stronger in the heat. It's a daytime scent that's good for all ages, especially in the warmer weather. I get lemon, mixed with bergamot, sandalwood and spices in the musky perfume blend that sits close to the skin for a few hours. Good for the gym, poolside, hiking, sunny days, anywhere or anytime in the hot summertime. A perfect clean scent. I'm glad to spend time with this old memory again.

rockegg
rockegg

This was my summer fragrance when I was just starting out. I bought it on a whim recently, and was amazed to find that I still like it. The irony is that because my nose is so sensitive I tend to wear just the tiniest amounts of my fragrances and I rarely get compliments because you have to be pretty close to me to smell them, but I have been complimented while wearing this. That's right, the cheap drugstore stuff. This is a unisex sort of scent. Never mind the marketing.

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

I had this one quiet a bit in my teens -late 70s early 80s and I loved it. I mostly had the splash and loved to use it after a bath or shower.

I remember it to be mostly lemon , some lavendar and a spicy background. A great summer scent.

I sometimes layered this with loves lemmon for extra a lemony feel. The loves was hard to get for me so this was mostly a replacement, but I did love them together. I didn't like the cologne concentrate as much, it was stronger with notes other than lemon.

After a family member had made some cutting remarks about it I just stopped using it. She liked love's baby soft - so I don't know why I put so much weight into what she had to say since I wore this mostly as a replacement for loves lemon which I wore because it was nothing like Baby soft.

My review is for a version labeled that it was manufactured by Lanvin/Charles of the Ritz, which would date the bottle sometime between 1964 and 1972. I find this scent fresh, lemoney, summery and pleasant. At first, there is an unmistakable burst of lemon, but there are some other greenish notes that are hard to place, perhaps because they are not used much in perfumery today. I do smell the lemon, bergamot, lavender, and perhaps a touch of geranium. There is almost no sweetness to this scent, other than the very mild suggestion of florals. Despite the prominent lemon note, there is not even a hint of cleaning product here. This dries down to a very light lemony powder, like baby powder but softer, and still maintains the hint of lemon. This is very light and stays close to the skin, so I think it would be hard to overapply this. Just when I think I can no longer smell it, I get a whiff of something soft and powdery - very nice. Great for summer because it’s not overpowering at all. I am curious to try the Revlon version of this to see if it’s any different.

naomin
naomin

Ohhhh...this one is special, and classic! In my opinion, a woman's classic scent collection is not complete without a dash of Jean Nate. Unless you hate it, lol, but I think that would be hard because it is such a light, fresh scent that really takes one back in time a little bit.

fire2heart
fire2heart

I think I need a perfume intervention.... I've been going crazy about perfume and scents lately and I think this tops it off!

I had smelled lemon in the air and wanted a perfume/cologne to wear when the weather heats up. I had forgotten about Jean Nate until I did a search on here for lemon scents.

It totally brought back the 70's and early 80's for me.

I went to Walgreens and bought the huge bottle of the body splash and smelled it in the car before going home and poof! I was back in time!

The tops notes are as I remember, but I don't remember it being so spicy and smelling like carnations toward the drydown on my skin. But, I don't mind that at all. I have some perfumes that will go well with it.

I know many are disappointed with the change in the formulation. Scents and memories are very powerful. And there is the nostalgia factor too. I'm not a big fan of change either but change is inevitable. Embrace it :)

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

Even though Jean Nate is pretty much the opposite of my usual fragrance preferences, I actually rather like it, and defend it against those who call it an "old lady scent" (that phrase is ageist, anyway).
It's the essence of "clean and fresh", period.
I think men could use it, too,especially the splash, as an aftershave.

sherry1234
sherry1234

I want to like this,but sadly I don't. I have a spray on body splash and lotion set...I do like the lotion,but the body splash smells like bug spray! Ugh!

Fonna
Fonna

This is the American version of Europes Formula 4711, and not too shabby either.

I do enjoy this fragrance, I just never associated of it as a scent. I thought of it as a final hygenic rinse after a bath or a pick me up. Of course, the "splash", not the perfume. Indeed, is a true cologne, imo

I have bought the splash three times in my life, but not lately.
I remember it as a mellow lemony scent, with lavendar. Very fresh and clean. Not piercing at all, very gentle. I wouldn't mind smelling this all day. I would say it would be great for the office or going to the beach. An every day scent.

Hmmm, I think I'll go get some this summer come to think of it.

lulu7898
lulu7898

I am a bit new to this "splash" fragrance. How does one use a splash like Jean Nate? Do people pour it on after a shower while in the bathtub? Do you take a cottonball and rub it on the skin?

astamm62
astamm62

A nice pleasant scent...This smells to me like Johnsons Baby Shampoo,original one. The only negative thing is the lotion smells nothing like the fragrance..The lotion smells of lemon,doesn't smell bad,just doesn't smell like the cologne.

bailarina
bailarina

I think this smells nice, it is just that I would not buy it again because there are so many new scents to choose from. But really, it is not bad, and I don't think it smells like floor cleaner or anything like that. It smells very fresh and clean, like you just took a powder-lemony bath. Its OK to smell clean.

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

I am with Sassy1 !! I am so far from being a snob, that I can say I love this, and have for decades.
I have heard it being referred to as 'ghetto' to my disgust - not out of the fragrances` respect, but out of respect for people in general- but that`s another topic for another place.
My mother had the spray, splash and dusting powder when I was a child, and around 13 years of age I discovered how refreshing and cooling it could be.
I love the verbena and lemony scent. I buy a huge splash bottle about every other year or so from either from Walgreens, Ebay or Amazon. 30 ounces.
I wear in every season. I have splashed and smoothed on, I have poured some into a spray bottle and used it that way. I have combined remnants of 4711 and CK1 into the bottle.
I have layered Jean Nate with musks. I started doing that the summer I was 15 years old, and brings back awesome memories and feelings :)
Also good to layer with shea and cocoa butter creams, monoi oils and sesame oils.
The combos are great, the fresh with some warmth.
The best is just wearing alone, on a very warm to hot day, in a light breezy sundress.
Even on this cold winter day, I might splash some on.
My mother still has an unopened tin of Jean nate Dusting powder I gifted her with in the 80`s... I may have to steal it away from her ;)

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

From the Revlon website:
Top Notes: Lemon, Bergamot, Lavender
Mid Notes: Rose, Jasmine, Muguet, Geranium, Spices
Dry Down: Amber, Musk, Patchouly

I have loved this my whole life. The concentrated cologne that looks like it smells like lemon drops but instead smells of lemon leaves and lemon blossoms, as well as the after bath splash that smells of lemon verbena and lavender. I'm an RN and get nothing but compliments when I wear this all summer long at work and at play. Only wished it wasn't so impossible to find where I live that I have to buy it on evilBay and pay shipping. I have Jean Nate' "perfume" from gosh knows when brand new in box too!

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I've always loved Jean Nate...wondered why I had stopped wearing it...So I bought some, applied it liberally and broke out in a spectacular, painful and itchy rash.

Oh, yea,that is why...

Actually, it seemed a little different this time. Less crisp and more musky. Has there been a reformulation?

This is the only scent I am allergic to. No idea what ingredient provokes the reaction.

pfcs
pfcs

I haven't had this for many years. I used to WANT to like it. I thought the huge bottle of splash, for generous use all summer, was just too cool! But it just isn't my taste in scent.

twillocks
twillocks

Oh my gosh! I saw this at Wal-mart the other day. I had totally forgotten about this. Memories I had the body splash when I was teenager decades ago.

fishmerised
fishmerised

I remember the old jingle, "tingle to the touch of Jean Nate".

Really enjoyable, fresh and lightly oriental to my nose, one of my first perfume loves as a teenager. I hadn't seen it around for years and I don't think it's readily available in Australia anymore. I was excited to find a bottle in Westmead Hospital Chemist last time I was in maternity ward - 12 years ago. Still have a little bit left and ration it out to make it last, lol.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I have always loved the smell of Jean Nate.

And, even though my nose is more educated these days, I'm not a big enough perfume snob to admit I still like it very much.

A fresh spicy citrus with only a slight plastic note, not refined by any means. Very simple in it's presentation and sold by the gallon, it is meant to be splashed on with abandon as a barrier against the heat of hot summer days.

No match for the lovely Eau de colognes of Chanel and Guerlain but nowhere near the high price either.

Despite it's cheap legacy, I will continue to wear it gladly.

VintagePro
VintagePro

Smells very citrusy from the bottle, but on me, the spicy notes come out more and I wind up smelling like Obsession by Calvin Klein. The freshness gets totally lost.

Update: I've figured out that if I layer this with something really lemony, like Mark (Avon) Self Sanctuary Lemon Sugar, it keeps the spicyness from overtaking everything.

nananessa
nananessa

I just don't like this one. It smells like a lemon room fragrance to me. It just smacks of "cheap" to me, my apologies to all fans of this fragrance.

Josefyn
Josefyn

This classic smells pretty cool, reminds me of my grandmother, she loves this fragrance. It smells great on her, but I do not like how it smells on me.

RavynG
RavynG

been a few months since this thread had any action....but just had to add my experience to it. I am almost 50, and starting to get not only hot flashes, but all my old beloved scents are turning on me! I have picked up a favorite on my shelf to spray myself before getting dressed only to run gagging into the shower with a parade of clothing on the floor behind me more often than not the last 6 months! Today I had another unfortunate experience with my most beloved Jean Claude Gauthier Classique. I could just cry! I gave myself one spray and put on a fresh chenille robe since it was supposed to storm all day and I was going to curl up on the couch with my new Vogue Spring edition 600+ pages. Even the cat would not sit in my lap. It got so bad the robe and anything underneath got thrown in the hamper and I ran in the bathroom and soaped up with Dove Go Fresh Burst. It STILL did not help! So I grabbed some Vick's Vapor Rub and slathered my chest, breathing in the menthol fumes and trying to stop gagging. I washed it off with said Dove again. It was better but there was still a lingering sweetness. By this time I am in a full-blown hot flash. So in desperation for comfort, coolness and some kind of crisp fragrance retreat I sprayed on my chilled Jean Nate Body Splash I keep refrigerated in a spray bottle. Pulled on my leopard print mu-mu. And finally got to sit down on the couch and look at my new Vogue. Jean Nate saved the day!

dame piglet
dame piglet

Like andrevarx, I can see this as a unisex fragrance... especially the splash version. So zingy and fresh! It's appropriate for any age.

CalicoSilk
CalicoSilk

I reach for this every time I need a boost to get going. It is my workout motivator.

Dayhomemama
Dayhomemama

This was one of my first perfumes, I was about 7 and my parents always splashed this on us....we were the best smelling kids in our school!

perfumecollector
perfumecollector

After thinking about it for a while, I ended up buying the 2.25 oz cologne spray of Jean Nate and am enjoying its refreshing scent on a hot day. What draws me to this fragrance is the touch of spice in it. Citrus, light florals and the spicy notes that give it an interesting aspect - nice. I also have the 30 oz splash which works well but I like the cologne spray as its stronger, and is easy to carry in a handbag. I agree with the previous reviewer that the lotion is quite lovely and is definitely a good buy if you like this scent.

miahreis
miahreis

I went to CVS Pharmacy the other day and happened to see two big 30 oz bottles of the Jean Nate lotion and splash for $10 each. After reading reviews on this site, and reading another lady's website where she said she really beat the heat from this, I thought I'd give it a try and I must say that it's purely pleasurable to smooth this lotion on my skin after a shower and add the splash...you've got heaven. I really like the lotion, it keeps your skin very smooth and soft. The scent is wonderful, very citrus/lemony. I think sometimes I smell like a lemon sandwich cookie LOL My boyfriend also likes it, he snuggles really close and just nuzzles my neck for wiffs of this...not just for old ladies, I dare say :)

glama
glama

Personally I always thought it (the body splash) smelled like listerine. I knew one lady who used it after every bath & her bathroom always smelled like jean nate for hours.

weegee
weegee

As much as I enjoy wearing the Jean Nate after-bath splash in hot weather I found I reached for it several times this past winter after a shower just to bring about a bit of summer's sunny warmth. It's so darn cozy and I swear I imagine my skin looking a bit tanned when I wear it, as if the summer sun is beaming down on me.

Sweet, citrusy and buttery (and with no hint of "old lady"), the formula has not changed over the years. The spray cologne is longer lasting but hard to find - I found mine at Big Lots. The bath splash is readily available in drug stores and is well worth having. I think I went through nearly a quart of the splash last year alone. Good old dependable JN will always have a place in my fragrance wardrobe.

Oh, and if you love(d) this "essence of summer" in a bottle, you might enjoy Tuscan Soul, a similarly low priced refreshing beauty with a tad more citrus but without Jean Nate's "buttery" note. I have and love both but understand how Jean Nate could be a bit too sweet for some.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

I remembered this classic from my younger days, when affordability was the main criteria after the actual fragrance, and there were not many options for places to buy fragrances When I saw the body splash again in a drugstore on my holiday in Florida, I could not resist. I thought it might make a wonderful addition, particularly in the heat and humidity. It smelled wonderful in the bottle; a bright, crisp citrus, refreshing and light. However, when I put it on, it immediately lost the citrus clarity and became an oily brillecream-like scent that I could not wait to remove...Ah, memories and scents, not always a match made in heaven!

cloyd42
cloyd42

When I was a kid one of the first signs of coming summer was the Jean Nate showing up in the bathroom. Walking in to the room steamy from a shower and the citrusy-flowery scent seemed luxurious and getting to use it after a day at the beach or the lake to cool hot skin was heaven.

Seeing a bottle at the drugstore the memories came back and I bought it, halfway expecting to be disappointed since it's so ridiculously inexpensive. Instead I found something better than remembered: bright open lemon, carnations, and a very nice light musk that I had completely forgotten about. Is this sophisticated? No. Is it a cheap delight that cools skin and smells wonderful? Yes. I will never be without a bottle of this again. Welcome back, old friend.
Sillage: 4-5 ft
Duration: very good
Fabulosity: a popsicle in August (that's good)
Price to value ratio: Excellent
10/10 for what it is

sparkybish
sparkybish

Oh Jean Nate, how I love thee! Let me count the ways.
In summer, when the humidity of Virginia makes other scents unbearable for me, you do not overpower.
Your powdery citrus bouquet envelopes me, comforting me through the day.
You never give me a migraine, and for that, I will always love you.

Never leave me Jean Nate! Never. Or I will find you. And boil a bunny in your kitchen. You must always stay with me. Always.

Carnelian
Carnelian

JonCologne has it right - I loved this perfume in the 80's, it was sweet and had a light almost fruitiness to it, it was very fresh and pretty. I got a new bottle of it and it is a bitter muddled mess! What did happen?

who didn't love this cheap citrusy goodness in the huge yellow bottle. i use to be amazed when i was a child and went downtown with grandmother and would gape in awe at the huge bottle of jean nate that stood taller than i was. every adult woman i knew wore this at some point or another, especially for day wear. arpege, evening in paris, or chanel were for evenings out. this brings back terrific memories of my childhood. funny, as an adult, i've never actually owned a bottle myself.

zakiya
zakiya

This was my grandmother's favorite after bath splash. The scent just takes me back to my childhood.

JonCologneSplash
JonCologneSplash

truly not the same formula anymore as it was a few years ago say 2000, what happened revlon..get it back to the original scent please now its terrible.

sweetcookie
sweetcookie

Like many,Iremember this from childhood. Not so much that I used it, however, but that the nuns at my Catholic school did. Each and every one!
It's a nice, light, mostly citrus scent which is hardly used these days, but then,again,I haven't been around many Sisters lately. Brings back memories,

bliss
bliss

This was my 1st perfume as well! I loved it so much. It made me feel so grown up and confident. It was very light and fresh and comfortable, I wore it everywhere. It brings back many great memories. Cinsot, I also recognize many of the notes as ones that I still love today. Jean Nate was a great start for me.

kalynne
kalynne

My 1rst perfume when I was 10 years old! I was so excited to splash it on like the comercial. Light, citrus, a pinch herbal. My sensitive skin couldn't take it so I only enjoyed about 2 splashes.

Kiku
Kiku

This is my "go to" fragrance when the days are sweltering. Light and just sweet enough. The citrus notes keep it from becoming cloying in the heat. Beautiful and classic because of it's simplicity.

andrevarx
andrevarx

Haha ... I believe that EDC is unisex, at least in Mexico is sold as unisex cologne. It really has a linear aroma, but pleasant, among flowers with citrus notes and a formal floral.

It is eminently everyday fragrance, perfect for bathing and sair I think works very well for young people takes about 4-5 hours on my skin. It has a very accessible price I guess that is so global.

It makes me laugh to think it is better known as women's fragrance, I received many compliments with this EDC. It's like a very very simple version of CK One EDT.

Jean Nate by Revlon 3.61 out of 5 based on 185 ratings and 54 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Jean Nate fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Revlon Jean Nate, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jean Nate by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jean Nate by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.