Designers » R S » Floral Fruity « Groups

Lasting Revlon for women

Lasting Revlon for women
dislike

Lasting is a sweet fruity floral fragrance introduced by Revlon in 1995. Top notes are pear and lotus, with the heart of lily of the valley, osmanthus and heliotrope, and the base of exotic woods, patchouli, sandalwood and musk. Available as EDT.

Lotus Pear

Volare

Lasting Fragrance Reviews

nitschevo
nitschevo

I remember picking this up for little money in the clearing section. And I also remember that this was the first perfume I ever brought back. It just smelled so bad and rotten - but seeing all these reviews here I am sure of it that I just got a bad bottle. Which unfortuantely sometimes happens. Maybe when I see it again, I will push my luck once more!

magdallenna
magdallenna

This perfume is not strong, very light ad pleasant i my opinion.

mhubbard
mhubbard

As I recall, this was just a bit like Tresor for about 5 minutes....then I don't know what happened. I had a couple of bottles, I recall finding them on clearance. It seems the base notes were not as pleasing or just disappeared. I never used the rest of the bottles. Sorry, no more details...

Lakambini
Lakambini

It’s true I never met a perfume I didn’t like, but this one had a weird smell. On my palm I detected two separate accords: powdery peach a la Tresor, and Colgate. I thought my nose was playing tricks on me until I saw a 2010 user review on the website I bought it from: “a crisp, delicate fragrance with subtle mint undertones.” Ah, now I see.

These two contradictory accords are in dilute strength (it’s a cologne, after all): they do clash at first, but not seriously enough for me to give myself a scrub. The fragrance is not what I expected from the listed notes. However, after researching osmanthus flower, I've come to the conclusion it's responsible for the peachiness (actually apricot) I detect, maybe in combination with the pear. After 2-3 hours, the scent fades completely from skin but remains, veil-like, on clothing, with the peachy florals and the toothpaste still in their earlier proportions. Yes, you do need to top up, which is a good thing I paid just 3 quid for the 100ml blind-bought bottle.

Pretty enough in the end; can be tossed into an overnight bag should we ever drive around this summer to visit friends.

UPDATE: This is really growing on me! I have been wearing it in the evenings and on to bed. It's not as light as it seems at first, and as the mintiness dissipates, the powdery-peachy side gains strength and its oriental aspect emerges. The drydown is sweet and woody. This is in early 90s style, and there aren't any recently-composed perfumes that smell like it. Really nice when you've been wearing it a few days. Lesson learned - don't dismiss something just because the price was cheap.

skinny gumbo
skinny gumbo

I loved this. Love when you shower, spray, go to bed, and wake up. This was awesome for that! Had it as a young woman.

Pasaka
Pasaka

Personally I didn't like this one at all! Awful smell, although after reading pyramid notes it seems to be a wonderful smell. All I can smell is pear and lotus. As to me, this fragrance doesn't worth even a small amount of money!

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I blind bought a bottle of this on the internet based on the reviews here but I have to say I'm disappointed! It arrived today and I excitedly took a sniff but really didn't like it and didn't even want to try it on my skin .. or even use it as an air freshener! So, I binned it! It just smelled a bit cheap and nasty, and very drug store'ish. Oh well, at least I gave it a try!

gatsby
gatsby

I have one for swap. 100 ml, sealed, perfect condition.

Aspendina
Aspendina

I have a 1.7 oz up for swap if anyone is interested, US swaps only. I just bought it on amazon. Main problem is it has that "i've never been used smell" like something changed it in. However if u loved this scent as much as me and want to smell it once again, I find that if I spray it on my clothes (just once) and let it sit for a while, that "i haven't been used smell" goes away and u are left with that wonderful fragrance u you'd to love. I just really want to spray it ON ME so I will swap this, but I will say that this is one of the most lovely scents I have ever owned, and I've owned alot.

Revlon pleeeeeeeeease bring this back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

halwaya
halwaya

I bought this one on sale after I have read somewhere it is very much like Giorgio Armani Sensi. Well it is not the exact smell - but in my opinion not far from the original.
Lasting isn't maybe a perfect name, as I don't smell the product after a while (or maybe I am just getting used to the smell - hard to judge). However I am happy with this purchase and I love the fragrance.

takeasniff
takeasniff

If you want an affordable floral then this one is a good one. I have worn it for around 15 years. We had this in Australia a long time ago. I got it as soon as it launched I can remember quite clearly wearing it all the time. I often was complimented. It vanished for a long time. I am over the moon that it has showed up again. I will get a bottle. The only place I have seen it in Australia in Melbourne is the Chemist Warehouse. I love it. I tested it and it still smells the same to me. It is called Lasting but you do have to reapply it throught the day but that might just be my skin. It is worth a test if nothing else.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This is a very pretty feminine perfume that's great for daytime wear. It's a light scent so it's nice even on hot summer days. It does tend to fade quite quickly on me which is the only downside. Apart from that it's a lovely perfume.

pw
pw

sweet and floral scent not too strong

Larabella
Larabella

This perfume is wonderful. Hard to track down now. I use to wear it all the time and it gives sweet floral bursts wrapped in vanillary woods. I imagine the two entwined together, while swirling around the senses. Excellent staying power, a little amount goes a long way.

I have read some reviews stating that all newly purchased "Lasting"s smell different. I can't tell the different other than the new bottles/formula may be a little stronger.

Oh wauw!! Finally this one made it in the database!! Does anyone know how it smells?? I am sooo curious!!

Lasting by Revlon 3.58 out of 5 based on 42 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Lasting fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Revlon Lasting, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lasting by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lasting by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.