Designers » R S » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Moon Drops Revlon for women

Moon Drops Revlon for women
dislike

aldehydic

Moon Drops by Revlon is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. The fragrance features aldehydes, rose, carnation, ylang-ylang, musk, sandalwood, vetiver and amber.

Aldehydes Rose Carnation Ylang-Ylang Musk Sandalwood Vetiver Amber

Estee

Moon Drops Fragrance Reviews

nanette.tredoux
nanette.tredoux

It is easily available in South Africa, and considered an "old lady's perfume". I tried it today and it is not that heavy on me. A bit sweet, but not unpleasant. It is not expensive here.

Update: I bought a bottle and to my surprise I am loving it. it starts off rather sweet, but the woody notes come through shortly afterwards and it evolves into something resembling warm spicy cream soda. I couldn't wear it every day, but I find it amusing and different. Yes, it is very retro, but at 61, so am I.

Mazeppa
Mazeppa

Prism Relaunch Moon Drops

Really nothing like the original devine Moon Drops.

Reasonable fragrance for the price but doubt I would buy it again.

Revlon unfortunately has no interest / intention to do a genuine relaunch of the original oil based fragrance which had a most amazing staying power.

This cheap little Prism Moon Drops is gone before you know it !

Cy M
Cy M

Prism Parfums in the UK have just brought out Moon Drops Eau De Parfum !

PurpleIris49
PurpleIris49

I pulled my first review to do a bit of thinking about Moon Drops. I wore Aquamarine in the '60s and then Moon Drops in the '70s. This is really more of a memory than a review.

Yesterdaysperfume lists the notes as follows (and there is an interesting write-up there as well):

Top notes: Aldehydes, gardenia, peach, raspberry, bergamot

Heart notes: Lily of the valley, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, carnation, orris, honey, tuberose

Base notes: Sandalwood, musk, cedarwood, moss, styrax, amber, benzoin

I am quite certain that the perfume Aquamarine later became Moon Drops, as I remember shopping for Aquamarine in the early '70s and was disappointed that it couldn't be found anywhere. I was very happy to discover Moon Drops as it smelled almost exactly the same. It was one of those "thank heaven" memories. Moon Drops is a lovely scent, although the carnation made me allergy-ish. I'd love to own a bottle again, even with the allergies. It is a beautiful scent, and I always thought it worked best during the spring and summer months. Reminds me of hippies, youth, the drive-in and fun-filled summer days.

Dark, thick, and stinky, my sample of Revlon Moon Drops is clearly marked "vintage", which of course doesn't mean very much, since the perfume was launched in 1970. Is my sample from 1970? 1980? 1990? 2000? Who knows?

What a perfect illustration of how perfumes transform over time in unpredictable ways, making comparisons to other people's experience of them more or less irrelevant. Could be a great perfume or an ugly Tabu knock-off. But wait: which came first: Moon Drops or Tabu?

Perhaps Moon Drops was an attempt to re-create the signature scent of Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble. I suspect that they might have taken a liking to this dark, thick, stinky, and rather tawdry-smelling syrup.

All of this to say: to each her own sample and her own perception of that sample, as well.

(Post-script: Tabu was launched in 1932!)

PerfumeFerret
PerfumeFerret

I love Moon Drops. I have the solid Frog fragrance, powder, and foaming bath powder. It is so rich smelling. Very classy.

sulaimanyakub52
sulaimanyakub52

Next to this the only perfume that came close was between Poison and Opium.Moon Drops is really dreamy stuff.

sherryberry
sherryberry

I need to get some of this!! I've only seen it on ebay and it is pretty expensive. What to do??

AmberStone
AmberStone

My mom just bought a bottle of this, so i think its still available. Try to steal from her but she always notices its gone. Really strong and lasts sooo long. I dont smell the floral in it though.

one of my signature scents of the 70's. i still own a 1 oz bottle. the top notes have gone off a bit, but that strong spice of a scent is still there. i don't wear it anymore, but i do occasionally take sniffs of my bottle and it conjures up gorgeous memories of a wonderful time in my life. i absolutely love/loved this fragrance. my winter scent that lasted and clung to my sweaters for days.

mcgood
mcgood

This drugstore fragrance is beautiful!! I scored a bottle of shimmery body lotion first as a blind buy and it was love at first sniff. I purchased the concentrated cologne next and layered them last night before bed. It smelled familiar and comforting and is still smelling just as heavenly this morning!!

ninaboo
ninaboo

As I understand, this was created to be an Estee economically accessible dupe for the masses.

It's much more strong than Estee, in fact, it's a little bit like nasal napalm but wow it is gorgeous.

My mother wore this a lot and even when it became harder to find in the 90s, she would scour places such as Makro and dusty pharmacies to procure her olfactory poison.

These days since I refuse to pay the dumbass exorbitant prices for MD on Ebay, Estee is a DUPE for MD for me now lol.

This is pure nostalgia for me and my mother driving me to school in a bottle.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I am thrilled that Fragrantica has added this one to the web page in a profile... now if someone who has smelled this would review it! Those of you who can remember these now unavailable drugstore beauties are really so very lucky....
Please share your thoughts and descriptions of Moon Drops with the rest of us. Thanks Fragranticans!

Moon Drops by Revlon 4.21 out of 5 based on 41 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Moon Drops fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Revlon Moon Drops, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Moon Drops by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Moon Drops by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.