Designers » R S » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Moon Drops Revlon for women

Moon Drops Revlon for women
dislike

aldehydic

Moon Drops by Revlon is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. The fragrance features aldehydes, rose, carnation, ylang-ylang, musk, sandalwood, vetiver and amber.

Aldehydes Rose Carnation Ylang-Ylang Musk Sandalwood Vetiver Amber

Norell

Moon Drops Fragrance Reviews

Dark, thick, and stinky, my sample of Revlon Moon Drops is clearly marked "vintage", which of course doesn't mean very much, since the perfume was launched in 1970. Is my sample from 1970? 1980? 1990? 2000? Who knows?

What a perfect illustration of how perfumes transform over time in unpredictable ways, making comparisons to other people's experience of them more or less irrelevant. Could be a great perfume or an ugly Tabu knock-off. But wait: which came first: Moon Drops or Tabu?

Perhaps Moon Drops was an attempt to re-create the signature scent of Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble. I suspect that they might have taken a liking to this dark, thick, stinky, and rather tawdry-smelling syrup.

All of this to say: to each her own sample and her own perception of that sample, as well.

(Post-script: Tabu was launched in 1932!)

PerfumeFerret
PerfumeFerret

I love Moon Drops. I have the solid Frog fragrance, powder, and foaming bath powder. It is so rich smelling. Very classy.

sulaimanyakub52
sulaimanyakub52

Next to this the only perfume that came close was between Poison and Opium.Moon Drops is really dreamy stuff.

sherryberry
sherryberry

I need to get some of this!! I've only seen it on ebay and it is pretty expensive. What to do??

AmberStone
AmberStone

My mom just bought a bottle of this, so i think its still available. Try to steal from her but she always notices its gone. Really strong and lasts sooo long. I dont smell the floral in it though.

one of my signature scents of the 70's. i still own a 1 oz bottle. the top notes have gone off a bit, but that strong spice of a scent is still there. i don't wear it anymore, but i do occasionally take sniffs of my bottle and it conjures up gorgeous memories of a wonderful time in my life. i absolutely love/loved this fragrance. my winter scent that lasted and clung to my sweaters for days.

mcgood
mcgood

This drugstore fragrance is beautiful!! I scored a bottle of shimmery body lotion first as a blind buy and it was love at first sniff. I purchased the concentrated cologne next and layered them last night before bed. It smelled familiar and comforting and is still smelling just as heavenly this morning!!

ninaboo
ninaboo

As I understand, this was created to be an Estee economically accessible dupe for the masses.

It's much more strong than Estee, in fact, it's a little bit like nasal napalm but wow it is gorgeous.

My mother wore this a lot and even when it became harder to find in the 90s, she would scour places such as Makro and dusty pharmacies to procure her olfactory poison.

These days since I refuse to pay the dumbass exorbitant prices for MD on Ebay, Estee is a DUPE for MD for me now lol.

This is pure nostalgia for me and my mother driving me to school in a bottle.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I am thrilled that Fragrantica has added this one to the web page in a profile... now if someone who has smelled this would review it! Those of you who can remember these now unavailable drugstore beauties are really so very lucky....
Please share your thoughts and descriptions of Moon Drops with the rest of us. Thanks Fragranticans!

Moon Drops by Revlon 4.33 out of 5 based on 24 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Moon Drops fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Revlon Moon Drops, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Moon Drops by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Moon Drops by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.