Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Scoundrel Revlon for women

Scoundrel Revlon for women
dislike

Scoundrel Revlon for women Videos
Scoundrel Revlon for women Pictures Scoundrel Revlon for women Pictures Scoundrel Revlon for women Pictures Scoundrel Revlon for women Pictures Scoundrel Revlon for women Pictures Scoundrel Revlon for women Pictures

Revlon launches Scoundrel fragrance in 1980. The fragrance was advertised by the actress Joan Collins, also known as Alexis Carrington from the very famous TV soap "Dynasty." The scent is advertised under the slogan "Seize the moment" as witty and successful, designed for women with great personal style. Joan Collins describes it as sophisticated, elegant and a bit sexy.

Top notes: aldehydes, pineapple, bergamot, artemisia, mint and marigold. Heart: jasmine, hyacinth, mimosa, peach, cyclamen, lily of the valley, rose and tuberose. Base: cypress, cedar, oak moss, musk and raspberry.

The fragrance is available as pure perfume, and as a cologne spray since 1981.

Artemisia Bergamot Mint Aldehydes Pineapple Marigold

Jasmine Hyacinth Tuberose Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Peach Cyclamen Mimosa

Musk oak moss Virginia Cedar Raspberry Cypress

Celadon

Scoundrel Fragrance Reviews

Bedhead
Bedhead

I used to wear this (and love it) in the 1980s like many other reviewers. I found it recently on Fragrancenet, and since it was still inexpensive, I thought I'd relive my youth... Either my tastes have changed significantly (even though I wish shoulder pads would come back) or it was vintage stock that has gone strong, because the bottle I got packed a whallop! I could smell Scoundrel even before I opened the package... it permeated EVERYTHING, like a closet sachet on steroids. The scent did bring back memories, but I had to get it out of the house. Too much even for a commanding presence like Joan Collins (who still looks like a million bucks)!

I've been on a bit of a quest to amass fragrances that remind me of my youth. When I was a young teenager, I was given a mini of this as a gift. I wore it till it was gone, having no idea what a mature powerhouse fragrance this was. I just bought a huge bottle of this and received it today, and the scent memory has returned. This is a huge, powerful floral, not very aldehydic or spicy to me. The florals are strong and slightly bitter, and the jasmine a bit indolic. There is a mild soapy quality that is subtle and sporadic, all on a green woody base. A drop of this fills the room, and its a cologne concentrate. I cannot see wearing this often but I am glad I got this back into my wardrobe.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

So this scent is still available? I had no idea! I hope the perfume sold now has not been reformulated, as I LOVED the original Scoundrel. This was my first introduction to tuberose (although it is not a top note).
Scoundrel is a heavy, rich, extremely sweet scent, with amazing longevity and sillage for an inexpensive fragrance. I am seriously thinking about buying some, but am worried about possible changes.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Joan Collins used to be the face of this one and I remember seeing an interview with her a few years ago where she mentioned that she used to promote a fragrance but actually thought is smelled like room spray. I wonder if Scoundrel was the fragrance in question? Or was it Spectacular? Whatever the case, it's pretty rare that you hear what a celebrity REALLY thinks of a the fragrances they put their names to.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

My mother wore this for a long time, alternating with Chanel No. 19, which I also love. (She and I have very similar tastes.) Smelling it always reminds me of her.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

what's with the pineapple note in almost half the perfumes released around 1980? I wonder which aromachemical caught like a wildfire around that time

i had this years ago when it first came out. what a sexy fragrance that i wore to go out for a night on the town. a strong and pleasing blend of notes that dried down to a sexy simmer. memories.

nananessa
nananessa

I loved this one! Why do they keep DCing the best fragrances?

And the beautiful Joan Collins, still looks great to be her age! Wow!

arg1971
arg1971

This perfume smells so good but you cannot find it now liketalking about. I Purchased abottle of perfume oil in this a few years back all gone now and cannot find the site anymore that I ordered it from

Scoundrel by Revlon 3.63 out of 5 based on 18 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Scoundrel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Revlon Scoundrel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Scoundrel by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Scoundrel by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.