Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Unforgettable Revlon for women

Unforgettable Revlon for women
dislike

Unforgettable is a rich and intensive floral and woody oriental, launched in 1990. Top notes: freesia, orange blossom and lily-of-the-valley. Heart: iris, orris and jasmine. Base: amber, musk and sandalwood.

Available as 50 ml EDT.

African Orange flower Freesia Lily-of-the-Valley

iris Jasmine Orris Root

Musk Amber

Unforgettable Fragrance Reviews

nanette.tredoux
nanette.tredoux

Today I found both Unforgettable and Unforgettable Too at a chain pharmacy in South Africa. I tried both, one on each wrist. Pleasant scents - I could wear them, but not every day. Perhaps on a cool evening. Because of the sillage, I don't think either is suitable for the office - I can see that not everyone may like them, although I do. Unforgettable is sweeter and lasts longer than Unforgettable Too, but they have a distinct resemblance. Unforgettable is not expensive and also available as a deodorant body spray, which makes it excellent value if you like this sweetish, flowery, ambery fragrance.

nvenus
nvenus

Deodorant:
My first thought of the overall scent was incense but looking at the notes, I guess it's a mix of every listed note: amber with a twist of woody and floral notes. I'd say it 's more floral than musky. The scent-combination between amber and some flower note is similar to a honey scent, so it could get "confused" with that.

So Elixir by Yves Rocher and also Road Runner by Looney Tunes are all unique in their own ways but I definately find them a bit similar to this fragrance.

It's a very elegant and classy scent with apblomb, suitable
for any occasion and season.

Although I find this blend of notes highly interesting, it's not among my favourites but I would wear it and for that reason I recommend it to those who think they'll like it after seeing the notes.

dglightblue
dglightblue

I get a honeycomb element in this.
On me it might be too old, like its a thick smell.
Not unpleasant, definitely warm and rich.
Not bad for the price here, don't know how easy it is to find now though. I had to order one, the tester was probably old ish, but I still liked it. I think I either have it tucked away, or gave it away.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Niche quality of the blend. Think Sonoma Studio type of fragrance or Penhaligon's. Aromatic, deep amber, tamed musk, sensual mix of jasmine and orris root, earthy, feminine and instantly likeable. I never wore it, yet it makes me feel nostalgic. Need a bottle.

Decadence85
Decadence85

If anyone knows of or has a bottle of the 1999 edition called Unforgettable Too, please drop me a line as I really want to try it.

This is definitely reminiscent of Joop! Femme. I love both.

Camden-esque
Camden-esque

This is a very nostaligic fragrance for me. A close family friend had bought it when it was out new and it forever will remind me of those times. I was in my early early teens back then and would cut out images of Claudia Shiffer and Cindy Crawford from Revlon campaigns and scrapbook then.
So...based on that I have very postive feeling associated with this fragrance. It is strong but in such a lovely way. This fragrance is sophisticated to my layman's nose.

llburris

WHAT?!? This is described as soft to moderate more than monstrous???? My skin eats scents for breakfast. I literally ran all my coworkers (3 floors) out of the office wearing this. Wow. Chemistry IS a tricky monster. I absolutely love this fragrance though.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Gorgeousness.

I've had Unforgettable now for only one day, but she is already living up to her title. So unusual in a perfume, to perfectly represent her given name. ;)

We have divinely blended Amber, Musk, Florals... and what smells like a hint of civet. In other words, Unforgettable is a siren of a perfume!

Two surprises:

1. Freesia usually hates me, yet here I don't smell it at all. Whatever chemical is used for freesia typically goes quite sour on my skin, but nothing of the kind happens.

2. Iris actually makes itself felt! It's quite difficult to find inexpensive scents with a (noticable) IRIS note, so I am one happy camper.

As a final note, comparisons to Joop are correct. These fragrances have a lot in common, though a different emphasis. To be precise, Joop is considerably more Potent and longlasting. Unforgettable has a gentle cologne strength ( in spite of it's intially powerful top notes ). I find that Joop is more about tonka and sandalwood, while Unforgettable shares many rich floral notes notes but has a WARMER, more musky/amber vibe. Of the two, Unforgettable is more delicate, evoking a golden or copper color.

Conclusion: No doubt about it - a 5 star drugstore classic! SEDUCTION itself....

llburris

I am wearing this wonderful fragrance today. I sprayed it on about 30 minutes before leaving my house for work. About 3 hours later, I get an e-mail from a co-worker asking me not to spray my perfume in the office because it was way too strong. This is a sillage MONSTER on me. Just a little warning if you have people who you work with who are snobs when it comes to delicious smelling perfume ;o) I am going to see if I can find another bottle to stock up. Reading the reviews it seems like it is getting hard to find.

Update: I found a bunch of them on eBay for a really low price! If anyone is interestd......

Femigirl
Femigirl

I love it. Its cheap but it smells expensive and vintage.

celebrity89
celebrity89

When I smell T.M. Alien I think of this one. Rich and lush.

AnnaXXV
AnnaXXV

I found a near-empty bottle of Unforgettable at an estate sale. One whiff and I was hooked. A must-have for my fragrance wardrobe! Warm and comforting, a spicy amber scent that, when warn with restraint, adds a subtle, but noticeable air of confidence and mystery to the wearer. Reminds me of Joop! Femme but not quite as tenacious. I don't get the floral notes, but that may have to do with the vintage bottle I found. Delicious!

nadia11

I love love love this perfume. It really works well on my skin and lasts such a long time. I think the sandalwood dry down is quite beautiful. Not too overpowering but just right. Im looking to have this in my collection verrrry soon. :)

[email protected]
meutia_hnm@yahoo.com

nice perfume, i wear this when i was in junior high school. My aunt sent it from USA as a gift...

Hi Rhemay Hi Simone
i actually found the original vintage version of Loreal Unforgettable on Ebay along with cosmetic bag and lipstick/nailpolish. I think it cost around 80 dollars. I hope this helps

nadia11

i absolutely adore this fragrance, It does remind me of Joop Femme., I think this perfume was my first love of musk and vanilla.,It is gorgeous!Id love to find it again and hope i can re-visit my first memory of it.

Koralanne
Koralanne

I used to wear this in the nineties, loved it and a co-worker of mine loved it as well. When I bought my second bottle I bought one for her as well. She was thrilled but brought it back to me and said it stunk on her, she was so disappointed. I was disappointed as well, but a little self satisfied too. How often something smells wonderful on someone else but not so wonderful on me......

I bought a group of vintage mini bottles that included one of this fragrance. The sandalwood note is really good here, and it's not too floral (I consider it unisex). If you find that niche amber fragrances are too syrupy and lack balance, yet you don't want a lot of florals or spice, this is one to try. However, I think that you should find a vintage one, because I can't imagine that this would be reformulated very well. Anyone know how to tell the difference?

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This was a teenage disaster on me I think a family member gifted this to me when I was 12 or something - definitely not a teens fragrance but I wore it - it was a super ambery fragrance which turned into a sweaty oriental. Very heavy on powdery iris but I did secretly love it. Spraying is the key a gentle spritz is all that is required. At some point I also owned unforgettable too which was a more balsamic/vanilla version and very 90s but I can't see it listed here. This is similar to Ciara but it is drier and less hippie on me. However I would like to give it a whirl again as my chemistry seems to have changed over the years - years gone by I could pull it off now.

Jomoves

"Unforgettable, that's what you are ..." or so sang the handsome Nat King Cole in the advert with a young Cindy Crawford. I did buy this when it first came out and while I liked it, I didn't love it. One night I was playing around on Youtube and came across the advert mentioned above, and so decided to hunt it down and have a sniff for old times sake.

I found it at Myer, a department store here in Australia, and asked the sales assistant if I could have a spray. It has certainly been reformulated because it was just AWFUL! Really acrid and unpleasant with none of the soft amber and musk notes that I remembered. Even the assistant remarked how off-putting and strong she thought it was.

So like all good perfume hunters I managed to get a hold of a vintage bottle from eBay. And there it was, the beautiful fragrance that I used to wear. I actually think I like it more now - it's almost Tom Ford-ish in some ways, and conjures up a sense of modern glamour before the bling brigade hijacked that word.

Unforgettable indeed!

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I used to LOVE wearing this powdery, sweet, sexy scent! I wore it throughout the 90's! Incredibly long lasting! I used to wear it to a former workplace and my ex-manager despised it (she told me so, she was incredibly rude about it). Needless to say, it used to hurt my feelings, then I got over it and bought more and doused myself in it like it was going out of fashion. Unforgettable taught me a lesson - NEVER let negative people try and rule your life. If you like/love a fragrance, WEAR IT, no matter what.

Jomoves

If you've ever wanted to know what the female lead character of a Jackie Collin's novel written in the 80s would've smelled like, then just sniff a bottle of this!

3843kate
3843kate

I wore this for my wedding and I want to buy some again just to have and remond me of our day!!

jnet77
jnet77

I'm still clinging to my bottle of this that was reintroduced with Halle Berry when she was doing the James Bond movie. I still love the scent of this and I have a couple sprays left but I never use them. Too afraid. And yeah can't find it anywhere at all. Sad.

i agree chaos 2, it does remind me a bit of deseo. its alcohol/floral at first, like deseo, then kind of a warm/ floral/spicy powder. not a big favorite of mine, but it was an ok casual scent.

Rhemay
Rhemay

I wore this scent years ago and have not been able to find it anywhere, I would love to have a bottle.

SimonePenharbel
SimonePenharbel

Please, I need some information. The Unforgettable still being marketed. Where to get?

chaos2
chaos2

I wore this in the early '90's and loved it. There was a version that had sparkles or glitter in it and was pretty. I would put it in the category of Dune or Deseo and that kind of warmth. I miss it.
The Mirada scent from Avon reminds me of Unforgettable.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Unforgettable was one of my very first perfumes (from High School) & my signature scent for years & years. I realise now it is responsible for my love of Amber notes.

Slightly spicy, musky & a tiny bit powdery, the orange flower gives it a little bit of sweetness. Unforgettable has great sillage.

After I finished my last bottle of Unforgettable I moved on to Joop! Femme, which I describe as the "grown up version" of Unforgettable. I then started on my fragrance journey so I don't have a signature scent anymore.

I bought 2 bottles at a Revlon sale for nostalgia, they sit at the bottom of my cupboard, like a shrine to my obsession!

Vanilla77
Vanilla77

I wore this fragrance in 10th grade- such memories! It was very powdery and a little sweet. I don't remember it smelling very floral though, so the notes surprised me.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Unforgettable fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Revlon Unforgettable, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Unforgettable by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Unforgettable by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.