Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Xia Xiang Revlon for women

Xia Xiang Revlon for women
dislike

Xia Xiang Revlon for women Pictures Xia Xiang Revlon for women Pictures

Xia Xiang (pronounced "see-AH see-AHNG") by Revlon is an Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Xia Xiang was launched in 1987. Top notes are bergamot, amalfi lemon and tangerine; middle notes are jasmine, african orange flower, gardenia, ylang-ylang, rose and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, oak moss, tonka bean, vanille, peach, plum and chamomile.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Tangerine

Jasmine African Orange flower Gardenia Ylang-Ylang Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Tonka Bean Vanille Peach plum Chamomile

Xia Xiang Fragrance Reviews

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

What a gorgeous fragrance, and what a pity it has been discontinued! This made me a "Xia Xiang hunter", always looking for more bottles to join the ones I have.
By the way, it is amazing that they still smell great after all this time! I keep them in a cool and dark place and the fragrance is still wonderful, even though I cannot detect much citrus anymore (I am not a citrus lover so I do not really mind)... the warm flowery heart, the beautiful chamomile and oakmoss are still there for me to enjoy...
It's a shame that fragrances like this one are no longer produced and the market now seems to be focused on candyfloss/caramel perfumes.

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

Great... thanks to Fragrantica, I have yet another discontinued lovely to ache for, until it is mine again! I had forgotten this one, and I actually feel terrible about that... I wore it quite a bit in my teens, and I can smell it strong as ever just from memory. The adjectives that come to mind are warm, soft, sweet, powdery. It felt "young", but not juvenile. Often, powdery scents can go kind of "church lady" on me (nothing wrong with church ladies, I just don't necessarily want to smell like them, haha)This one did not. This powdery went the way of fuzzy sweater/ kitten fur. The vanilla was just present enough to make it warm, but not at all gourmand. I remember it smelling "pink"... but not in a rose or peony or cupcake way... maybe jasmine did it? I'm not sure about that, but I am sure that my husband will be coughing up $30 for .8 ounces on ebay, very soon. How in the world am I going to break this to him... ;)

dkbjlb5
dkbjlb5

I loved Xia Xiang! It smelled so wonderful, but I could buy it at the drugstore for around $8. That was a major plus when you have a family. I've always been a bit of a perfume snob and I would rather not wear a fragrance than wear something that smells cheap. Xia Xiang had a fragrance that I couldn't describe. Floral, but not too sweet. Sexy but not heavy. A little bit musky? Maybe. Spicy? No. All that I could say for sure was that I loved it. People would ask me what I was wearing and I didn't want to tell them. Partly because I didn't want anyone to know that it was so inexpensive and partly because, until I saw an advertisement on tv, I had no idea how to pronounce it. A friend finally got me to tell her. I told her that I was wearing Zia Zang and smiled because she had seen it but didn't know how to pronounce it, either.
One day I walked into the drugstore and saw that they were heavily discounted. I bought all that I could afford and grieved the passing of one of my favorite fragrances. I've heard that so many people are asking for it that they are thinking of making it again. But it won't be the inexpensive luxury this time.

HyacinthBucket
HyacinthBucket

Another nice cheapie from the late 80's. Very light and feminine floriental. Powdery, soft, and not at all spicy. A light floral oriental.

archivist
archivist

Bearing in mind that bottles of these have aged, and that there are different concentrations, I've got about six bottles of this and it seems to have aged pretty well. The labdanum is probably more oomphy than it was fresh, but I love that. A long time passed between the 80s (when I wore this every day as a teenager, and it was definitely unique in a scent landscape dominated by Designer Imposters body spray versions of Giorgio, Benetton Colors, and Poison) and smelling it again. When I did get a whiff of it, I realized why I have always loved Vol de Nuit so passionately - Xia Xiang is very similar to it on a lot of levels, and Xia was my signature scent during a time in my life when I felt immortal and all-powerful and completely myself. (I didn't bother much with conformity until I was in my mid-20s). The scent itself is not in-your-face; it's a powdery, orris-rooty oriental chypre which has more in common with Je Reviens and Vol de Nuit than other 80s perfumes. It is perhaps a touch greener than Vol de Nuit until it dries down, a little less vanilla and a little more orris and vetiver. On the distant drydown, Xia Xiang is unrepentantly animalic. Like, on the level of vintage Joy. It was there all along, working dark sexy magic on the subaudible (subsmellable?) consciousness, all fresh and powdery and demure - almost a sleep scent - but underneath all of that, there is musk and something civety. This is not a scent you'd want to put on your clothes, it's definitely for skin, where it can burn off like it should. The nightgown I sprayed it on one night smelled divine for awhile, but I was shocked to find that it smelled like the cat might have sprayed on it after a few days, and since I was hanging it up in the morning I have to assume it's the perfume. Joy does the same thing. On skin, taken as an evolution of a day or night's wear, it's still divine. If you like vintage Guerlains, this is worth a blind buy for a small bottle.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I really want this one because I remember always nearly buying it back in the day but somehow never did...the little 'wax seal" on the bottle is unique and you have to love saying the name :).
Ive been so bad lately splurging with perfumes, maybe I will...

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

Flygirl - there are several bottles of this in perfume strength on Ebay. Make sure that you don't get mislead by the idiots who call any bottle of fragrance "perfume" no matter the strength. I found the real thing, real perfume, only today. No need to settle for cologne that has likely gone bad by now.

FlyGirl1984
FlyGirl1984

This was my favorite cologne of all time. I wish I could get a replacement that I liked as much.

DuhConrad
DuhConrad

I love the smell of this one it is very strong and lasted a long time for me.

mychinarose
mychinarose

I wore this perfume when it was launched in the late '80s and have such fond memories that I recently purchased an un-opened and sealed bottle off of ebay. I could immediate suss that the top notes (amalfi lemon and tangerine) have turned, as citrus tends to do (and I mean, it's been 26 years!). Gradually the dry-down produced the familiar powdery oriental smell that I remember, but I do miss that initial citrusy spritz. Is it wearable? I can't really tell yet; I think I'm too afraid to commit to putting it on for a full day's wear, especially in hot weather, and especially because it's a bit sweet.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This was such a beautiful scent. One if the most beautiful powdery orientals. It was a very special perfume to me. I had the gift set perfume and dusting powder with a gorgeous dusting brush. It really looked lovely on a vanity with powder puffs and powder jar, the whole works. My Grandmother and I had the same taste in perfume so I bought her a bottle and she loved it. Ahhh, memories.

I always thought this perfume could have came out in the 20's era, it makes me think of Claudette Colbert in Cleopatra. Exotic. Powdery. Oriental. Spicy.
Makes me want to purchase it again.;)

seneca
seneca

I use to wear all the time when it first came out. And, had several bottles before changing up. Another I wish I would have stocked up on.

All the family kids used to cuddle to me and say, oooo you smell so good. And, that's about the only thing I can remember.

At that time it was considered very sultry, an oriental.

CheyenneaRae
CheyenneaRae

I have this perfume and it smells nice it is strong when you first spray it on and has a mossy, woody, floral, musk flower scent to it but the after smell is good like a rose, floral, power, woody scent. It is hard to find, and is expensive. It is a good scent, and after you spray it on you can smell it on you the very next day. Because they don't make it anymore I have a half full bottle that I don't use just for decoration :)

nananessa
nananessa

This was by far my favorite Revlon fragrance! It was just heavenly, one of the first oriental florals I just fell in love with & swore by. I would still love to have it again. I remember the ylang-ylang really came out on me & I loved it. I wore it for years. It was similar to a spicy Anais Anais, if you can imagine that. And it lasted longer on me than AA.

For boardbat, if I am remembering the pronunciation right, it was like "SEE-AHH SEE-ANGH", excusing my southern sccent!

scud1230
scud1230

Oh why did they stop this one it was amazing i really loved it. Very different from I wear now. Revlon please bring it back!!!!

mareeblines1610
mareeblines1610

Absolutely loved this perfume and it used to drive my husband wild. He called it Essence of Tiger

gazelle
gazelle

I can remember finishing up a very small bottle and it wasn't enough. I've never seen it since. No wonder I liked it. It had oakmoss! It had depth.

As I familiarize myself with the fragrance notes, I've found those perfumes I've bought, liked, and used up had moss in the base notes. Curious...

aromaminx
aromaminx

it has been a long time since i've smelt this...however i can say i'm not a fan.apart from the difficult to pronounce name,it also made many around me request i never wear it again in their company lol

guest_alma oviedo gonzalez
guest_alma oviedo gonzalez

fue mi mejor perfume en mi adolecencia y ahora lo sigo buscando pero no lo he podido encontrar me gustaria me lo enviaran a domicilio y liquidarlo personalmente al recibirlo o si me pueden decir donde encontrarlo a la venta en nuevo leon se los agradeceria.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

This was such a strong, extotic perfume. I bought it in college after falling in love with the bottle and the name. I wore it and secretly loved it, although it wasn't totally me. It was strong and made a definitel statement. My boyfriend love it, though. Why did they stop making this?

karlee79
karlee79

my mom wore this and i used to sneak wearing it to school when i was like 10! I loved it too. I recently bought a little bottle on ebay for my mom to pay her back but it did not smell the same. Great scent, very mesmerizing to me.

Scnets N Things sells a knock off. It is very similar. The only thing missing is the purple color.

liquidiridium
liquidiridium

My mom used to wear this.Very nice. Intimately Beckham is a very much stronger yet kind of similar scent.

guest_Susan
guest_Susan

This is my hands down fav perfume! I got so many compliments from friends, lover, strangers. "You smell so good." "I like your perfume." "What are you wearing? I like the way you smell." Along with "I've never heard of it," when I'd tell them the name and of course spell it out. I bought my first bottle at ritzy Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL outside Chicago. Everyone knew what to get me on gift giving occasions, it's all I wanted because I tore through this product like no tomorrow. Now I can't get it anymore and the sites that do carry it are carrying very old stagment bottles and they cost way too much. Please join with me and write Revlon.com and request that they bring the product back. The problem for lack of sales was a complete lack of advertising, no commercials, no ads in magazines and it seemed only the upscale malls carried it. The minor malls should've been allowed to carry it too.

tllupton
tllupton

I first bought Xia Xiang at the Kadena AB BX on Okinawa Japan in 1995 and loved it! I have a knock-off brand I use occasionally that doesn't smell quite the same. This scent reminds me of the years we spent living in the orient and will always be my main fave! Wonderful memories.

Mals86
Mals86

Oh, I do miss my Xia Xiang... it's been so long since I've smelled it that I can't even write a proper review, but from my memory I'll write down my impressions of it.

I loved the fresh citrusy top, and the way the florals entwined. I actually could not have told you what notes were in this fragrance; it just smelled heady and summery and floral, and the base was clean and woody. I don't remember ever noticing vanilla in it. Although it's an oriental, it's not heavy at all.

This will always be the fragrance of my Trip To Europe; I wore it every day.

Amythyst
Amythyst

This was my signature fragrance in high school, I actually got a boy's intense notice while using the lotion in class.. he asked to borrow a pencil and couldn't stop sniffing it!! LOL A great frag, and too bad they stopped making it!

Xia Xiang by Revlon 4.33 out of 5 based on 106 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Xia Xiang fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Revlon Xia Xiang, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Xia Xiang by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Xia Xiang by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.