Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Rogue Rihanna for women
dislike

leather
Rogue Rihanna for women Videos
Rogue Rihanna for women Pictures Rogue Rihanna for women Pictures Rogue Rihanna for women Pictures Rogue Rihanna for women Pictures Rogue Rihanna for women Pictures Rogue Rihanna for women Pictures

Rihanna presents Rogue, her fourth fragrance for women, in September 2013.

“People are always changing and evolving and with Rogue I wanted to switch it up to reflect who I am today,” said Rihanna to wwd. “I made it for all women, for every mood, because we all want to project our true selves.”

The fragrance is announced as a flirtatious and sensual oriental, containing accords of lemon blossom, cyclamen, jasmine, rose, plum and suede over a base of musk, woods, patchouli, vanilla and amber.

Mario Sorrenti photographed the advertising campaign. The fragrance is available as Eau de Parfum in three sizes (the largest one is 125 ml).

Lemon Blossom Cyclamen

Jasmine Rose Plum Suede

Musk Woody Notes Amber Patchouli Vanilla

Rogue Fragrance Reviews

angeldoll
angeldoll

My lovely Rih. Great job. I received this perfume as a gift from my mom. Thank you Mom again :) I did not plan to buy it. I thought it will be heavy for me - Plums, vanilla, suede. But no ! Perfume is a very well balanced. It's sweet & spicy floral fragrance. In my view, it is very sexy scent. I see it on a woman in a black tight-fitting dress,in some designer heels...With big wavy hair. It is one of smells for a fatal encounter with a man. That is my vision for this fragrance :) My favorite from Riri was Rebelle but this is better. Rebelle is unbridled, seductive. Rogue is a sexy, sensual, feminine...And Yes - The bottle is very nice.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

When I spray this on, I feel as though I am transported to a tropical island with the intense sun shining on my face and no worries. It makes me feel calm, relaxed & comforted.

Rogue is a sweet, warm & fruity fragrance. I get a delicious plum note followed by a blend of leather, patchouli, amber & vanilla. I feel this is more suited to summertime. It lasts around 6 hours on my skin and has excellent sillage.

Overall, a gorgeous perfume that makes me feel happy and calm. What more could you want?

magrathea17
magrathea17

"love or hate" scent indeed - huge hate for me.

for me personally, one of the worst perfumes I´ve ever smelt - intrusive, brothel-like smell, makes me sick and I can´t eat at all while getting whiffs of this - which is too bad taking into account I´ve already tried to wash it off 3 times and it´s stil there!!

it resembles Gucci Rush which I dislike as well (having stupidly blind-bought it), but this one lacks that burnt vanilla-rubbery odor, yet it´s still more unbearable to me than GR..yuck!

only plus about it - truly lovely bottle

caylarhene

Okay.. This is a perfume that you either love or hate. Really no in between. This is one of those perfumes that is not going to smell the same o everyone. Its smells awesome on me. And I love this perfume. She did a more grown up smell when she made this. I have many perfumes and I get a real sweet, leather smell that makes me want to wear it everyday. I try to mix it up a little but I'm almost on my 2nd bottle if this. IT can be worn everyday of the year. Not too heavy or too loud. I've got many compliments on it. And its one of my favorites. I have another signature scent.... But I can't stop wearing this one.

Khariq
Khariq

This perfume is very mysterious I'm not sure if I like it or not and I have the biggest size

bea_lll
bea_lll

This perfume is very long lasting indeed. But is very synthetic too. It's very similar with Darling by Kylie Minogue.

Anahi
Anahi

This is so much more longer lasting that i thought! i really like it! it's very feminine, wearable, powdery, but not bland, it has depth to it, wear it any occasion, really unique! the clutch that comes with it is too cute!

plutodagirl
plutodagirl

This was a blind buy for me. When I read the reviews that it smells like BV... I bought it online. Upon first sniff... I thought, hell yeah, it smells a little like BV, but then that peachy sweet note got to me, and then I was unsure of it. I put it away for a few days, then decided to try it again. I have been wearing it EVERY DAY since then. There's something about this perfume that makes me feel all warm and cozy.

The first time I wore it to work, I kept getting whiffs of this wonderful floral smell. I thought I was smelling someone else's perfume, as they were passing by me. During the day, I kept getting the same wonderful whiffs... then realized it was me! The jasmine note stays with me along with the musky, ambery, suede dry down. I've been pairing it with Victoria's Secret Forbidden Vanilla body spray, and these two work heavenly together. I've pushed some of my other beloved perfumes to the side since purchasing Rogue...very unusual for me, since I tend to wear different scents each day, depending on my mood. This was the best blind buy ever.

bananas
bananas

This would have to be a direct…almost almost …copy of Bottega Veneta.
BV has become a precious 'Summer signature scent' for me & nearly finished my 2nd bottle. It is everything a scent should be to me. But when I read these reviews about ROGUE I had to go out & buy myself a bottle of this.

Yes yes it is Sooooooo close. It lacks the depth & sharpness or freshness of the oak moss note & the refinement, elegance & longevity of BV; but it is a pretty grand but softer & cheaper copy in my opinion.

In NO WAY could it EVER replace my beloved BV, but I can & will spray liberally.

ChesleyMusic
ChesleyMusic

Its powdery and It really last long around 2 days.

angel6
angel6

tested on paper today and is very similar to Bottega Veneta and Gucci Rush. It's ok

agentj
agentj

Tested this at the store today. I didn't expect to love it because I haven't liked the other Rhiannas, but...I love it! I don't get most of the notes listed, just a lovely natural peach and suede, but it's beautiful and would be easy to wear every day. Nicely done.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

The initial spritz was juicy and fruity in a sweet way which settles very speedily into a heart of a very gentle and submissive jasmine, followed by fresh succulent plum and I also get peaches, so go figure, as peaches are not mentioned in the notes.
I love the dry-down which is dominated by a suede note, which to me,makes this smell wonderful and then the usual patch, amber and vanilla come out for the encore.
I think that celeb fragrances are slowly taking a turn around and there are more and more celebrities who actually care about the fragrances that they are promoting and putting their names to.
Kate Walsh comes to mind with 'boyfriend' and Rihanna is one such celebrity whom I feel has taken the time to create a very lovely and serious perfume.
This is a very beautiful scent to my nose. It has an impressive longevity and is strangely addictive and unusual. I feel that it is an evening perfume, befitting of a romantic meal in a swanky restaurant with a loved one.
I'm trying to say that this smells 'special', expensive and different. I adore the suede note which makes it stand out from the crowd and gives it that high end of the perfume market aroma.
This is certainly FB worthy as far as I'm concerned and it will stand tall amongst my other perfumes which vary from the ridiculously cheap to the ridiculously expensive.
This perfume is neither heavy nor cloying, neither too sweet or too dry, but, like the Goldilocks enigma, is 'just right'.

KVM
KVM

this was strong and long lasting but i disliked it, so for me wasn't a good thing, tried washing it off and the smell just wouldn't shift, maybe it didn't suit my skin chemistry but this was just a no for me, reminded me of medicine.

GregorAPBDH
GregorAPBDH

Rogue by Rihanna is the latest perfume from the battleships actress. The box is completely different from the original boxes. It is a black bumpy effect with a rose gold border. This time the bottle is a cuboid shape with 6 spikes in the bottom. The cap is the same shape but it has a bumpy texture. The liquid is also a goldy color.
This perfume gets 8.5/10 from me :)

Dionne1024
Dionne1024

I purchased the gift set from the Military base on last month for $29.99. I love it...

This was instant love for me. Rogue has a deep, rich, fruity, mildly leathery scent about it that I find mesmerizing. This has a very slight masculine edge a few hours into wear, noticeable as the initial sweetness of the plum mellows. I can also detect patchouli but it's not strong. This is one of my new favourites and has really impressed me. And to think, I nearly dismissed this, thinking it would smell like an old handbag. This is fantastic.

JKKJ19
JKKJ19

Horrible....at one point it smelt of wet clothing (which I'm guessing is the suede) :(

rococozephyr
rococozephyr

Starts off very sweet and fruity, like peaches and berries, then calms down to just peaches with warm undertones of suede. I was really surprised to see that peach isn't one of the notes in Rogue; I suppose the fruitiness I'm smelling comes from the plum, but it just screams 'PEACH' to my nose. The suede is much more pronounced during the drydown, but it shares the stage pretty magnanimously with the peach and they mix to make a lovely, natural skin scent. Though I've found my tolerance for sweet fragrances is waning, I actually really like the sweetness of Rogue: it's very warm and mellow in a way that recalls peach jam more than the cool, juicy fruit or candied frippery you end up expecting from other, more cloying, celebrity scents.

Rogue's warmth and sweetness make it sexy in a way that's very effortless and casual; it's the kind of scent you'd wear to match your "no makeup" makeup or your best-fitting jeans. This is for days when you feel like being sexy without having to compromise on comfort, for days when you just feel like lazing around and letting the cute guys do all the work in sniffing you out.

It would pair especially well with brisk autumn nights and cozy cashmere sweaters, but it isn't at all heavy; in the warm, sticky climate of Manila, I've received nothing but compliments while wearing Rogue. It doesn't have crazy sillage, but it's the kind of scent I'll notice when I'm fussing with my hair or clothes and wonder "what smells so nice?", before realizing: hey, it's me!! It also lasts pretty damn long; it'll hang around in my hair or on my pillow for up to twelve hours after I first apply it, and though it's faded some by then, it certainly doesn't turn into a shrinking violet.

Reasons to check out Rogue: you're looking for a "sweet" scent, but feel burned out on much sweeter scents like Pink Sugar or (heaven forbid) Hanae Mori; you want something with a natural feel, without having to go down the sexless soap and laundry detergent route; you want a comfort scent that isn't immature or overwhelmingly foody; you just really like peach jam.

ladieqah
ladieqah

I am a rihanna's perfume collector.
This is the perfect one than all..
You should know rihanna's perfumes all meant
To be bold. It does smell like gucci rush but
This one in its perfect way. Go try u wont regret

norlyh
norlyh

Quite a diversion from the style of fruity florals which seem to be popular in the celebrity scent segment. I wonder if it was a test case to see how well a suede/leather note would be received? I don't get into celebrity scents at all, but this one seems wearable. The leather note is an oh so soft suede which is nicely tempered by the vanilla and peek-a-boo floral notes. Judging by the heavily discounted prices I'm seeing here in Australia, it hasn't achieved the same level of success as Rihanna's previous releases. Definitely for the type of girl who calls her own shots.

NonScentz
NonScentz

I agree, to me it is very simular to gucci rush.

Eneli
Eneli

I'm not a huge fan of celebrity fragrances but I'm positively surprised of Rihannas perfumes (Nude as exception). It's not a typical Britney-Christina-bubblegum-and-vanilla-perfume.
It's a lovelly cent and like most I get lots of plum and suede which is not bad at all. I will probably buy a big bottle because Rogue means a whole lot of perfume for reasonable price!

jinjun
jinjun

This is the absolute worst fragrance I've ever smelled so far. It makes me want to puke every time I smell it. Bad and worse. Sickly sweet/leathery and super cheap smelling.

cdimond63@gmail.com
cdimond63@gmail.com

I liked Rebelle, Reb'l Fleur quite a bit. I really like Rogue. Finding it smells like Gucci's Rush but not so intense

archivist
archivist

I agree that this scent has a resemblance to Bottega Veneta, and I don't understand why leather isn't listed as a note; however, it is still a muskier, more floral version of the scent. It could easily pass for a flanker of BV because of the foundational similarity, though. I really, really, really don't care for Rihanna as an artist, but I'll have to put this on my wishlist (I'm writing based on a sample spray).

lilywhite13

This is like Bottega Veneta but a little warmer! very soft, sexy and sassy! good longevity and soft sillage. Reb'l Fleur is STILL the BEST of the entire collection tho.

Emilia88
Emilia88

Am I the only one who gets a really powerful melon note out of this?
I normally dislike melon but I love this perfume!
Rihanna really delivers.
I was sent this beauty by SmellMe (thank you!) and I am pleasantly surprised, even though i get tons of melon (which isn't even listed in the notes, lol).
It is light and sweet so I will probably use it alot in the spring and summer.
The notes I get are:

Melon 80%
Vanilla 15%
Leather 5%.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Wow , all this notes..This one smelled of Peaches,Nectarins and white flowers to me , I had it on my skin for a long time sniffing and trying to find out the notes without looking what actualy was in it. This has no leather ,plum or cyclamen on my skin. Infact i would almost say it has a tiny resamblense to Dalissime ,They are not the same but they have bouth the same peachy ,vanilla line lingering all the way thrue,
A girly slightly more grown up perfume, easy to wear not very unik or outstanding IMO , Nice but not my thing sins im not that big of peach lover

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

I didn't like this on a paper strip so I tried it on skin. On me, I detect patchouli, leather and citrus sweetened by berries. I usually like the first three notes in perfume but there is something screechy in Rogue (is that the lemon blossom?). It reminds me of bug spray masked with sugary-type perfumes. I own Bottega and Gucci Rush. Bottega is more patchouli and pepper with no lemon blossom - loud but lovely and alluring. Gucci Rush is sweet peach with patchouli - a chypre layered behind honeyed fruit. I like her Rebel which turns to sweet skin scent in the drydown on me but I think I will skip Rogue for that screechy note which does not go well on my skin. This is not necessarily for a mature crowd because it is not sugary. If you don't like patchouli and leather, you won't like this as this will smell manly on you.

On me,
Sillage: projects to other side of small bedroom
Longevity: 2 hours of within a room, afterwards within a foot

taz7711
taz7711

I really do love this perfume. I find Rogue to be more of a mature scent compared to her other perfumes but I still love it! The perfume to me starts off as a sweet,leather and musky smell. As the day goes on I get a lot more of fruity-vanilla notes, which I love this type of smell. I also really love the bottle! I would recommend to try this :)

KyleHilton
KyleHilton

Being a Rihanna perfume you'd expect it to be bold and loud, daring and provoking just like Rihanna herself. If those are your expectations, prepare to be disappointed. For the first hour this smells like some sort of lemon cough drops, then fades into this suede musky base. I'm very surprised at how bad the longevity and sillage of this is, i actually have to press my nose against my wrist to smell it and it lasts 3 hours at best. The bottle is heavy too but i love it, so simple yet stylish. I'm just disappointed at the perfume quality, Rihanna needs to start making perfumes with the nerve and LASTING POWER of Reb'l Fleur again. There's really no point in wearing a perfume if others can't even smell it and you can barely smell it on yourself. Make your perfumes stronger RiRi!

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

Rogue by Rihanna is awesome but when I first smelt this I kinda of was very hesitant to wear it out cause I was not sure if I loved it or hated it but after wearing it out to work and having all my coworkers asking what this was that I was wearing . I told them and they all didn't believe me. Now I know some of you think Rihanna is you know game Hungary or whatever I've seen on here but I love her and let's face it the girl know her fragrance. This to me is very classy and sexy without being slutty which I love .9/10

love45
love45

I love Rihanna's perfumes. Rogue is nice too but it took a while for me to like. I guess it was the lemon blossom but after smelling it over and over again, I have grown to like it now. It is a unique perfume just like Rebelle and Rebl'Fleur are which is something I like about Rihanna's perfumes. It is also an elegant perfume so you could wear it anytime of the day IMO. I recommend it :)

sugahuni
sugahuni

Absolutely fantastic.Similar resemblance to Tulisa 'female boss' perfume, both are great, this occurs to be the sweeter version.Another stunning fragrance to add to her consistently beautiful range of perfumes :-)♥

ROSBAYBEE
ROSBAYBEE

I had tried this before and was still wondering if it was a purchase or a maybe.
When I went to Dillards they had it 25% off so I sprayed it again and walked around. I found myself really liking it. On me the suede is prominent and it's a bit woodsy. Definitely not too sweet, but not 'dry' on my skin either. It is soft and warm, but not in your usual creamy vanilla confection way. This is more like cashmere. It's sexy without being in your face.
I thought I'd just get the small bottle but in the middle of checking out, decided to go for the large. I love the substantial bottle, it definitely has weight to it. I am loving the smell more and more and finally figured out why. On me at least it does make me think of Gucci Rush, which I couldn't wear but loved on other people. One in particular, my ex-mother in law, who is no longer with us. It always smelled wonderful on her. So no wonder I am loving this so, it makes me think of her. She was such a ray of light, always positive. I am so glad I purchased a large bottle that brings back such lovely memories.

pesareshikamo
pesareshikamo

عطر جدید ریحانا با نام Rogue در سال 2013 طراحی و به بازار ارائه گردید . این عطر با شعار مردم همیشه در حال تغییر و تحول هستند با نگرشی جدید به بازار معرفی شده است . محصولی بسیار مناسب شیرین برای بانوان که می توانند از این عطر خوشبو در فصل زمستان در محیط دانشگاه و محیط اداره خود بهره مند و از رایحه دلنشین آن لذت ببرند . این عطر که از نت های شکوفه های لیمو ، گل یاس ، گل رز ، آلو ، مشک ، چوب ، نعناع هندی ، وانیل و عنبر تشکیل شده است به عقیده کارشناسان رسبین بسیار مناسب برای روزهای سرد سال می باشد .

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Lizzie 81's comment: "there is something...almost a violence to the smell that repels me a little and makes me want to get away from it."
I said nearly exactly the same thing.
The suede is so smooth and seductive, that I brought my nose back in for another sniff even though I could already tell it wasn't my kind of fragrance. But there was something ELSE that I just found disturbing and disquieting and I wrote in my journal that "it makes me want to get away from it."

Weird.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have to agree with Lizzie81 on this topic. I have tested this quite a few times now and it smells so much like Rebelle without the coffee note. Everytime I have tested it something so familiar stood out and something I really liked. It was the same experience with Rebelle I can remember liking the smooth woody notes in that mixed with the sweet coffee. If the coffee was too much in Rebelle then try this one as I think it has taken the best aspect of Rebelle and used it to form Rihanna's most mature perfume to date. This just blends so nicely with my skin but retains the woody smell without veering off into sickly sweet territory. It is sweet but not like most celebrity scents there are no cupcakes and overdone vanilla here.

I will keep testing this because some people complain about the lemon in this so I will see if I can notice the same off-putting features.

This lasts for so long which is a bonus Rihanna and Britney and J Lo have very strong perfumes. Oh and thank goodness she changed the bottle from that shoe heel which was so awkward and takes up so much space amongst my other perfumes such an annoying shape. This bottle looks really nice and matches the smell perfectly.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i dont know how i feel about this one. i get a strong plum, an almost medical quality, something tart, sweet, and suede. its definately different and iteresting. i defintately agree with the cough drops reviews. i think the plum and suede are a little too much for me. i think it smells like how i imagine rihanna to smell. i think the fragrance fits her image. i imagine a girl who has a lot of money, yet still down to earth. maybe she dresses a little trashy, but those trashy short shorts cost more than my entire outfit. i think this is more suited for an under 25 crowd. i think more casual everyday fragrance.

lizzie81
lizzie81

It is extremely strong and powerful and I really appreciate it for it's boldness. That being said, I can't really say that I enjoy it :( THere is something cold and in your face, almost a violence to the smell that repels me a little and makes me want to get away from it. No easy task seeing as it lasts forever on the skin even after washing! I want to like it, but I just can't.

For me the loudness of the lemon blossom dominates everything from start to finish and I think this is where it all goes horribly wrong for me. It sits on a base of suede and muskiness which I think I would very much enjoy if it weren't for the persistent Lemon blossom. I was hoping at first that this top note would fade off and leave the soft, deep base behind but no, unfortunatly it clings on to the bitter end.

This one reminds me most of her 'Rebelle' perfume I think, and although the ad camapign states it's totally different for Rihanna from her previous offerings I can definatly detect a similarity to her previous perfumes, like stated particularly to 'Rebelle'. (which I adore by the way).

It's a shame I really can't take the lemon blossom as other than that I would probably enjoy it!

P.S The drydown is reminiscent of Taylor Swifts newest one, which is of course very similair to 'Burberry'.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear readers,
Well I gave this fragrance a chance to wow me like it has captivating so much left and right and my field study of this is not so full of glee like many here.
When I went to the perfumery I was expecting this perfume to be quite a daring vixen type of scent since seeing the notes here that has some ingredient's I enjoy in perfumes so there I go trying this out and I wasn't sold.
The scent is very typical woodsy musky flower types of this cookie cutter era where there is no true memorable uniqueness of beauty and quality.
This reminds me of trendy in the moment types of female characters with a vulgar style at some level, one of so many and will be forgotten the next in the realm of the fickle and short memory span individuals . This falls into the category of the "wham bam,thank you ma'am" style of perfumes, of course if this is your kind of fragrance you want to indulge in? then proceed and spend your hard earnings but if you desire true quality that brings fascination and memorable moments that will imprint the minds and hearts of those you beheld ?, my dear reader. Look elsewhere for what you seek isn't in this bottle.

nitschevo

Tested it yesterday on paper and think that it is an improvement! That being said you might imagine that all of her previous scents very unwearable for me: to overpowering and way to sweet. But tastes are different :) The bottle of Rogue is nice and the scent while being sweet has woody notes as well as a tad patchouli that move it in another direction than her other fragrances. I think that it is more of an fruity oriental, if such thing exists! :) Not really detected the suede note, though.

ashika.maharaj.39
ashika.maharaj.39

OH MY GOD! I love celebrity scents but this one in particular is my new signature scent! I wear all day everyday and ieven my boyfriend loves it which is nice to know. Last a great length of time and i want more in each size sonthat i never run out. Absolutely adore!!!

mamufa
mamufa

I really like it. I didn't even want to test it, because I knew other fragrances of Rihanna. For me they were too heavy, too sweet, simply for teenagers. After I saw that some of you compare it with Bottega Veneta I tried it. And I loved it immediately. I didn't buy it at first. I took a small sample.
And I didn't fall out of love to it.
Beautifully composed and subtle but sexy as well. I would say it's "dry".
It's perfect for the colder seasons.
It's longlasting. It stayed on my jacket for over 4 days.
Now I am a happy owner of 30ml. Unfortunally they didn't have bigger bottles at that store.
-------------------------------
The longer I have it, the more I love it. I just bought the biggest bottle I could get (125ml). As a Xms gift for myselt :) I simply love this scent. It is not too sweet. It is not too dry. It is interesting and in a way provocative. Sexy and feminine, but it doesn't screem, it surprises many people and intrigues them. I actually prefer it to Bottega Veneta, because Rogue is softer and more feminine. The leather is dominant, but not so harsh.
I'm going to use it, till I hate it.

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

Absolutely my favourite fragrance of hers. Its such a nice change from the others. I found them too sweet and overbearing. What i love is the femininity and freshness of it! So clean and sexy, sillage is perfect. I love catching whiffs of my perfume through out its duration, ive had it on for 3 hours so far and it is very much evident. To love a fragrance before determining its longevity is a big sign for me. If it smells that good, i need to buy it! Reminded me a lot of Burberry Body Tender with its sheer freshness. Highly recommended.

UPDATE - its been 8 hours and i can still smell it on my wrist very obviously but softly... great quality!

smellME
smellME

I have to say Rihanna - I'm impressed !
Didn'know what to excpect and hadn't read any notes...
First - fresh balmy lemon and fruity like pineapple or is it strawberrys and cream ? Anyway , it starts really tasty sweat and delicious but it softens and more flowers makes a nice sweet heart. The drydown is as a contrary raw , dry resin like. but the overall perfume is very nice and fresh. It is resinous but has an overall freshness to it that other suede /resinous perfumes usually don't have.

A beautiful but not groundbreaking follow up to her rebelle series !
Very well made and 6-7 hours of longevity is not bad for a scent of a celebrity. The heart note appeared on me like a mix of elie saab le parfum and mauboussin .it is lush and modern and will be the one of five, in my group of well done celebs together with...
Royal desire. Believe. Lovely and Covet.
Congratulations to Miss Rihanna and her noses...who's
created a warm sensual light oriental with a twist !

En Fragrance Delicto
En Fragrance Delicto

A short review/ comparison: Gucci Rush meets SUGARED LEMON. It's incredibly sweet, but still with a bite of leather, candied lemon peel and musk. If you can't deal with the brazeness of Gucci Rush's plastique fantastique, check out Rogue's sweeter (and less wild) younger sister.

louisminaj

I'm adding another review as I have finally bought my bottle, so I can actually talk about it properly! Okay, my thoughts are still the same! I absolutely love this fragrance! It doesn't quite best Rebelle for me, but it's an amazing contender! The fragrance opens with a very strong burst of Lemon and I get a leather(y) vibe from it, guessing that's the suede? But it's a very strong floral almost oriental vibe. I love the opening, smells perfect for spring and autumn months! After about an hour I get a I get a very strong jasmine smell! Mixed patchouli! I'm not over keen on Patchouli but in this fragrance it does work a hell of a lot! The patchouli is what makes this fragrance last I think. The dry down to me, is your standard Vanilla, woods and musk, which I don't mind, as I love Vanilla and Amber!! So, the scent is amazingly well crafted, Rihanna really goes in on her fragrances, as none of hers disappoint me! If you like her line, you really like this one! Go try it!

louisminaj

Ugh, smelled this today at Selfridges and LOVED it! I love all of Rihanna's fragrances, and this is my second favourite in her collection, behind Rebelle! But this one has a very strong white floral kick I think with a lot of Musk and Vanilla! Its blended very well! The suede is very strong as well! I can not wait to buy this fragrance! Everyone needs to go and smell this! But, the only drawback is that, to me, this smells VERY similar to Gucci Rush! I think its the white floral notes but it is very similar! Which isn't a bad thing! I love it so much!

SS79
SS79

1. Tired it...
2. Loved it...
3. WANT it!

rachellecunningham
rachellecunningham

There must have been something seriously wrong with the tester bottle I used because when I sprayed this on paper it smelled like those Swedish Berries candies and nothing else. I admit I was quite confused as I'd read up on the notes beforehand. Maybe I'll have to test it again from a different bottle because that just made no sense to me.

Take two: nope, still smells like those gummies to me. Oh well, I tried.

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

It is beautiful from the beginning, reminds me of Bottega Veneta, they share many similarities, but at the dry down this one becomes unpleasant for me, I think patchouli & ambra& musk start to be cloying and unpleasant combination . I liked it a lot at the beginning & heart , but was disappointed at the end, and these base notes are going on for a long time. Scrubbed them with soap & brush! Sad! I thought at last I found a very good frag from celebrity which I will buy but no....Be cautious and do a very serious test before deciding to buy this.

brittanyswilson
brittanyswilson

I wasn't sure about this one at first, but I ended up falling in love with it. It really blends beautifully, and really does smell feminine, confident, mature, yet edgy at the same time like Rihanna intended. Longevity and sillage is good too! I sprayed it on one wrist and three hours later people were complimenting me on how good I smelled, so that tells you something. I'm looking forward to wearing this through the Fall and Winter. This could very well be my favorite fragrance of hers to date. Love you RiRi!

prettyswag

This does not smell anything like jlo glowing..thats stinks sorry...thats powdery heady floral...this is soft and clean leathery musk like bottega.

Jomoves
Jomoves

This is an interesting progression. It's kind of like a blend between a fruity floral and a more musky, mature fragrance. The silage is good and the longevity is really impressive - I'm getting a good 7-10 hours out a just a couple of sprays. If you're looking for a reference point, it's like sweeter version of JLo's Glowing. The bottle is a nice one as well. I get the impression that this hasn't been a big success because it has just launched at pretty cheap price in Australia.

Sjdaugherty
Sjdaugherty

Got a sample of this today and sprayed about an hour ago. First fot anunbelievable blast of lemon that lasted about 30 seconds then the plum cane chiming in then a touch of musk. Let me just say that this one is not for me. The lemon im smelling is just to much. I deeply love reb'l fleur but this one and my chemistry just dont mix well at all. C'est la vie!! But still adore Rihanna and reb'l fleur!!!

Blueneon
Blueneon

I have to say, Rihanna is on top of the game in terms of celebrity fragrances!
Reb'l Fleur, Rebelle, and Nude were each a unique element of Rihanna, and were beautifully made!
Rogue is no exception!
To me, this fragrance is a mature, sophisticated scent with a hint of that sassy-RiRi flavor.
Definitely captures her essence!
I get mostly a tangy Plum and Lemon Blossom, but the Suede and Patchouli notes add a sensual, deep vibe all the way through.
These 4 notes stand out to me the most, and are combined all at once to create a gorgeous scent!
It has great silage, and sits on my skin for hours. At the end of the day, I'm still getting whiffs of Rogue on my wrists and it's wonderful.
Will be reaching for this all throughout Fall and into Winter.

Easily my new favorite by Rihanna! Possibly my new favorite celebrity fragrance, period.
She has truly outdone herself. I can't imagine it getting better.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This girl knows what she's doing when it comes to her scents. Just got to test this out @ Macy's today && just like her other 3 I like it just as much. This though is prob my favorite out of all of them, I don't own any of her scents but after smelling this it's deff. on my wants. I must say with the listed notes I expected this to be a big fruitchouli bomb specially with the comparisons to Bottega, On the paper It immediately grabbed me so I had to try it on skin, && behold it was even better It was actually like && delicate on my skin.

I do get why some compare it to Bottega, Rogue's suede && patchouli hints at it a bit...it's like Bottega but slightly more watery/tame. Rogue's patchouli I must say to hints slightly dirty which I quite like the plum && lemom blossom help round it out making it a little more sweeter. It's longevity is slightly above moderate sillage isn't too bad either. I really like Bottega but it's too pricey so this will deff do. I love Rihanna to so I have to support my girl, I will eventually be getting this. :)

Overall: 9/10

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

I gotta say I like Rihanna music and her perfumes. I have now 3out of 4 of them. Nude was too young for me., could not get it. Loved her first rebel fleur- always found it similar to flower bomb at a fraction of the cost. Rebelle was sweet but different so the bold coffee note got me. I Could care less if a scent s by a celebrity or if it's a Huge fragrance house. The scent captures me, not the name. My perfume closet significantly varies in price

Now for Rogue, to be honest this scent is not extremely different. I've smelled some similar but the suede changes the fragrance significantly, give it that velvet finish. That feeling that makes you want to linger there.
Opening is light and floral. I love that the patchouli is not overbearing. It's there but light, it doesn't take over the scent, then the close is a velvet finish of soft vanilla musk on a bed of suede. Very feminine, enticing and if it can make him linger near you then That's a sexy scent. I give it a thumbs up
Longevity 8hours on me
Projection close to med

perfumemermaid
perfumemermaid

In response to those that do not like this perfume, at first sniff I will say that I was one of you. I must say I was disappointed when I tried it at Macy's last Saturday. I even told the saleswoman I had high hopes for Rihanna's latest creation and it did not impress me. But thank GOD I tried it on my skin. By the time I got home 4 hours later I couldnt stop smelling the drydown and I actually fell in love with it. All I can say is that either a perfume works on you or it doesn't and if you are lucky like me you are going to enjoy this one! Also sillage and longevity are great. Just got my bottle tonight! Rihanna you have made me proud once again!

almarie

I actually really like this. I sprayed the Bottega Venetta at my store today, and I still have to say that this is definitely better because it has more sweet undertones to it but it does resemble the bottega quite a lot. I will be purchasing this soon!

prettyswag

i like ..this...but so sad..it does not last on me...gone in one hour...picked up kenzo flower in the air..for another trade...i wont keep something if it has no power..
edit: The rebelle perfume is my fav out of all rhi rhi's scents....the coffee and chocolate blend is so lasting on my skin...this is sexy like bottega.v but does not last what so ever, but i find bottega v. (I have a tiny bottle)..is more leathery fresh on the drydown..so quality vs quanity on these 2 scents but ROUGE IS BOTTEGA'S lil sister that copied her older sister.

asher.jessie

I want to post another review, to sort of give a follow up of my thoughts on this fabulous fragrance.

I'm a huge fan of Rihanna's perfume line, because of it's presentation of delicious warm scents, that are just generic enough to be well received, but unusual enough to set them apart from the rest of the crap out there. I enjoy all four of them, with Reb'l Fleur and Rogue being my top two.

Rogue is a delicious blend of warm, sensual fruits, some light floral dustings, and a predominant smooth suede smell sensation.

It's not new or innovative, but as I've said before, this one again succeeds in being JUST unusual enough to set it apart from the rest. It still has that Flowerbomb, Sensual Amber, Killer Queen Vibe, yes...in the way that it's warm and sweet, with fruitchouli notes....but the lemon blossom, suede, and dominant plum note really make it a cut above the rest, because it feels a lot more seductive, rather than smelling like a carnival desert.

The drydown is beautiful, because I smell some beautiful musky florals..the lemon blossom brings out a really odd fruitiness, similar to tangy gummy fruits. And the cyclamen, which is actually noticeable, contributes to a mysterious floral accord that most people wouldn't be able to describe.

It's a nice balance of been-there-done-that with wow-this-is-actually-very-nice.

It lasts four to five hours on my skin, and it's very warm and musky in a second-skin sort of way. My coworkers notice it on me, describing me as smelling very "warm" and "cuddly," and it ends up being very comforting.

prettyswag

ROGUE NOTES: bergmont,pink pepper,jasmine,plum,patchouli,rose,suede,amber,lemon blosson,jasmine,sandlewood,vanilla etc.
Bottega V. NOTES: bergmont,pink pepper,jasmine,plum.patchouli.....thats why they are so close...you can see the notes are close...maybe the perfumers are related! ha!

prettyswag

5 men told me this is sexy....so there u go ladies...not over sweet, not all too fruity...sexy femme...legs...and leather boots gal..around a sexy guy!

prettyswag

I actually traded my katy perry queen for this.. ROGUE ... is the mature, sexy, woman dressed in heels, leather attire, hot red lipstick, a lil tough, a lil elegant..but naughty and dirty..i love this on my skin..for its smoothness, it is close to bottega v..but..the drydown softens on the skin which bottega v..stays a lil screechy...but at least for rogue..its not an everyday fragrance, its mature, its for a sexy night out..and great for fall coming and its a cold weather fragrance and may change minds of some ppl who dislike it now..once the winter comes..what do u think of this?

Rogue managed to give me a headache and turn my stomach in less than 10 mn, I do not like it one bit!! I cannot believe it would be compared to the elegant and distinguished Bottega Veneta!?
A mix of cyclamen, patchouli, plum, woods, ending up smelling very strange to my nose, and the lemon on top of it. No harmony in the scent, the notes clash so much that in the end it doesn't even smell like perfume really, another weird concoction, I don't know, the only nice thing about it is the bottle!!!
I will add it has something of the latest Taylor Swift, Taylor.
Whoever wants it I am giving away my bottle.

lilywhite13

Can anyone that already bought ROGUE describe the longevity and the sillage, please?
The first two Rihanna fragrances are very strong and I love them, except for Nude, which I find very common, unoriginal with a weak longevity and sillage. So, before I purchase it, I want to be sure!! Thank you so much :)

annwnoe

I tried this today at Macy's. I sprayed it on a card to take with me and also on my wrists. I am very happy I was able to sample this before I did a blind buy from Macy's website. When I did an availability search using my zip code on Macy's website, it incorrectly indicated that it was not available at any of the malls in my area. Indeed I did find it at my neighborhood mall. On to the review! :)
I have Rihanna's three other fragrances, and I love each one. I assumed I would also love Rogue. I was very surprised by this scent. I was expecting something stronger, perhaps more masculine. I would describe Rogue as linear, soapy and powdery. I would put this fragrance in the fresh category. In my opinion, if any of her fragrances could be described as "rogue," it would be Rebelle, which is still aptly named. Sample this before you buy. You may like it or not, but it may not be a successful blind buy.

perfumeholic88

Does anyone know is it already avaible in Europe? I really hope it will come to EU not like Madonna Truth or Dare Naked -..-

Whit
Whit

I tried this yesterday (9/13/13) at one of my local department stores, and I must say, I was rather disappointed.

All I got on my skin was berries, a little bit of floral and not much else. Judging from the notes, I should've really enjoyed this one, but I feel let down. It doesn't smell very oriental to me and I figured it would be more "tough", especially with the name "Rogue". I also found the sillage and longevity to be rather weak, which I was not expecting, given the fact the her first two releases last all day and night on my skin.

With all this being said, it's not a bad fragrance and it would be good for the upcoming fall temps. I was actually going to blind buy this but I'm glad I waited until the stores in my area got it so I could test it. If you're expecting this to be in your face and tough, it's not; it's rather soft and feminine, which is quite a departure from her previous releases.

caylarhene

all i have to say is that i love it. its my favorite scent so far. everything smell different on everyone. but this smells awesome on my skin. its a very mature scent!!!

Sweetgirlie8
Sweetgirlie8

I tested this one out today at Macy's and it's a very pleasant scent. It has a strong aroma of a certain fruit I think it's the lemon blossom or something but i wouldn't mind buying me a bottle!

shoshana25
shoshana25

I tried this the other day at Macy's. One of the SA's gave me a strip with the fragrance on it. It smelled pretty fresh, clean and interesting so I asked her to spray my wrist. Well, while shopping around I kept smelling my wrist to see if I liked it. It's definitely not an ultra feminine scent. It reminds me of another perfume, but I can't remember right now. I would say that the main notes that i get are the suede adn vanilla. It's not my kind of scent, it's probably a little too complexed for me. It smells very mature, not old lady, but I'm 29 and I cant imagine me or my fiancee' liking this one on me. You have to be strong, powerful and confident to wear this. Not to say I cant be all of the above, but I'm more of a meek, conservative, smiley person. This just would be out of place. I do have to give it to Rihanna though, it smells nice, different than most scents that's out right now...Celebrity or not. I may even enjoy getting a quick whiff of this on the right person.

almarie

I sprayed this at Macy's yesterday, and it really does smell like Bottega Veneta. I'm not sure if I would actually enjoy wearing this one because it is a little strong. I really pick up on the leather note in this. It's definitely a great dupe for Bottega Veneta for a fraction of the price. It's a little to leathery for me, but in six months or so, it'll be cheaper on eBay and then I might get it to add to my collection anyways, but I definitely would not buy it now.

nitschevo

Really want to try this - could be that this is going to be the first Rihanna scent I happen to like as I find the othe three ones too sweet.

asher.jessie

SO excited to finally have this in my possession! I'm so incredibly impressed with this one. Rihanna's fragrance line so far has offered some very wondrous perfumes that, while not being incredibly innovative, have succeeded in using some very interesting and unusual combinations of notes. Reb'l Fleur is my favorite, because of the dark, hookah-esque coconut/patchouli vibe, but this one is easily my second favorite.

It's very warm, sensual, and sweet. On the opening, I get mostly lemon blossom and plum in a tangy, sensuous fruity attack...then as it settles on the skin, there's a rich suede softness, dominated by an amber/patchouli combination that is all too familiar in today's mainstream perfumes, but also incredibly all too likeable and comforting.

I also detect a light jasmine note in the midst of it all, making it sweeter and more full-bodied with some floral accentuations.

The dry-down is almost straight up vanilla and amber. It's very sweet and warm.

It's a light oriental, with fruitchouli overtones. Not particularly innovative, and a bit similar to Killer Queen from Katy Perry...but in the end, Rogue is definitely more plush, comforting, and glamorous because it's not all about the fruit notes with this one.

It feels like you're wrapped in a cloak of suede, and it's so incredibly plush and warm. The amber/patchouli/plum vibe seems to be all the rage these days, but it makes this perfume so inviting and comfortable.

It's definitely Rihanna's most mature offering, but it has something that everyone can like. I'm quite impressed!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Just got this in the mail today and I spritzed it on my arm and was sooo disapointed! I've been waiting for this forever. All I get on my skin is the damn suede! I'm sniffing this for like 15 minutes trying to figure out what this smells like. I'm smelling it every 20 seconds to see what scent is this simiar to. It was on the tip of my nose. Then, it hits me. BOTTEGA VENETA EDP! This smells like a pinch of salt of sweetness was added to Bottega Veneta

It has that leathery/suedey feel to it that Bottega Veneta has but it's ust a half a pinch of salt sweeter. Bummer as I want own Bottega and I wanted THIS to be different! Definitely my least favorite scent. Hope the men's version, which hits stores in September 2014, is better

*EDIT* Ok, when first sprayed it has a lemony/leather scent to it. It dries down to Bottega Veneta 7 minutes later. Even with the lemony scent you can smell Bottega in the background

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

this one really does smell like cough drops! I don't like when people describe a scent that way but that is exactly what it smells like... I'm not trying to be mean or bash the fragrance but it really does smell like vicks. I have to say I wasn't too thrilled only one of hers I liked so far is nude. The rest I can do without especially this one... I will pass

iowagirl301
iowagirl301

I tried this yesterday at Dillards. The first spray I liked it a lot. I got this warm fruity, mixed with patchouli. As it started to dry down the patchouli got much stronger while the fruity smell lightly lingered in the background. Honestly I to me it smelled as it the patchouli was almost to strong, or it did not blend in as smoothly as it should have. It just felt like the one or the other did not belong together in this fragrance. This is just my own opinion, & not everything works for everyone.

grace2424

Smelled this one @ Belk's the other day. It is a warmer fragrance, not my style, so I am not sure if is was just sample or pre-sale. But try Belks. My 14 y/o daughter loves the warm & cozy scents as I would say this is one. She wants it!

perfumeholic88

I´m also thinking if it will avaible in Europe. For example Madonna Truth or Dare Naked is not avaible in Europe and I say it´s stupid!!

Lavenia
Lavenia

Hope this one will be available in Europe this eyar as well in USA. Can´t wait for it!

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Like/Love/Dislike....really?!! Quit voting when it's not even available yet :-/

asher.jessie

This is available for purchase on Macy's website! Search "Rihanna Rogue."

They have the 4.2oz bottle and the lotion, but it seems to be on "backorder," but hey, at least it's still available to claim.

I can't wait to have this!

annwnoe

I have all three of Rihanna's previous perfume offerings, and I love them! I am planning to purchase Rogue soon after its release, or possibly for Christmas. All of her perfumes are a cut above, and I expect this one to be no different.

Emilym1992
Emilym1992

I'm not a huge Rihanna fan, but something about this intrigues me so much. Looking forward to its release so I can see if my intrigue is for good reason.

perfumeholic88

Why people are marking notes , longevity and sillage if Rogue is not realised yet!!

eliasradiance
eliasradiance

waiting to smell her 4th fragrance the notes seem so interesting and different from his three sisters in shape and certainly in smell too .

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

I really love Rebelle, Reb'l Fleur and Nude - I think Rihanna's fragrances are really well composed and not like many other typical sweet celebrity-perfumes which smells sweet young fun - but also smell like a thousand others. Rihannas fragrances are more unique to me. But I really dislike the high heel bottles - I think they are ugly and especially the larger sizes are weird and awkward. I also find it a bit boring with three perfumes with the exact same design. Which makes me even more happy about Rogue !

Really can't wait, the notes sounds promising :)

Rogue by Rihanna 3.40 out of 5 based on 225 ratings and 92 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rihanna Rogue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rihanna Rogue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rogue by Rihanna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rogue by Rihanna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.