Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

Rogue Man Rihanna for men

Rogue Man Rihanna for men
dislike

Rogue Man Rihanna for men Pictures Rogue Man Rihanna for men Pictures Rogue Man Rihanna for men Pictures Rogue Man Rihanna for men Pictures

Rihanna launches her fifth fragrance and the first masculine one in her collection, called Rogue Man. After the successful releases of feminine fragrances Reb'l Fleur in 2010, Rebelle from 2012, Nude from 2012 and Rogue from 2013, the pop icon opted for a masculine version of her latest fragrance.

The perfume was developed by Frank Voelkl as an oriental - woody. In the top notes there are bergamot, clementine, black pepper and rosemary. The heart consists of cedar, jasmine, vanilla orchid and labdanum, leaning on the base of sandalwood, patchouli, amber, musk and tonka bean.

Rogue Man comes out in September 2014. Its advertising campaign shows the singer and a tattooed model. Rihanna posted on on twitter: "Ladies! This September wake up next to your man smelling like this! Makes you wanna steal his Tshirts"

Black Pepper Clementine Bergamot Rosemary

Jasmine Cedar Labdanum Vanilla orchid

Sandalwood Musk Patchouli Tonka Bean Amber

The One for Men

Rogue Man Fragrance Reviews

jaydemm17
jaydemm17

Smells 100% like a pina colada but not in a cheap way despite the price... smells great and lasts all day. Caribbean vacation in a bottle!

groover
groover

I agree with khaldoon1984 there is nothing
special about this scent, it is very ordinary
in the same fashion as other celeb scents,
it is a good fragrance but in my opinion it never
reaches the same level as a designer scent and
its far from niche quality, this is a scent for
those who just want a good smelling fragrance,
collectors will be dissapointed as they tend to
ask for higher quality, but still a good buy if you
dont expect it to be something unike.

djbuffoon
djbuffoon

One of the best contemporary celebscents, especially for men. It's clean, fresh, alluring, and a little sweet. A lot of votes seem to favor this as a winter fragrance, but I beg to differ, seeing as how this cologne is surprisingly light and could easily get lost in cold weather. A spring/fall fragrance, I would say. Really nice. 8/10

khaldoon1984
khaldoon1984

i got this perfume , it's not special at all , it's normal the longevity & Sillage i s normal as well , it's not recommended for people they looking for special scent .

Scent : 5/10
Longevity :7/10
Sillage :6/10

mapache
mapache

OMG
Grabbed a 1 oz spray today at TJ MAXX...$9.99.
I must say, it is very similar to D&G The One, but...I find it much better !!!! Longevity, since I put it on this afternoon, has been GREAT on me. The One did not last that long.
As a side note....Rogue for women is spectacular !!
Picked it up for $9.99 1 oz spray also. What a surprise these 2 were !!! I will be ordering larger bottles of both !!!

domcho
domcho

Very pleasant and really more powerfuull then The ONE from DG.
Very cheap...100ml by 20 euros :)))

Nice Parfum, good longetivity, good silage. Well done

Stonerrock
Stonerrock

Very good fragrance. Can be used on summer evenings and night also. Picked up second bottle for $30 100ml at chemistwarehouse great value. Am glad i found this.

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

This is a very nice cologne. It does remind me of Dolce and Gabanna The One for men, though it is not identical, it is still very similar.

The fragrance itself is very pleasent and seductive.
The lasting power is amazing.

The projection does exactly what I want it to.
For the first hour, it radiates within a few feet or so at the most, but after that it stays close to your skin, but is still the the next day. So it is very nice and long lasting and not overpowering at all.

Fragrance 10/10
Lasting power 10/10
Projection 10/10 (if you want you fragrance to remain close to you)

If you're wanting a fragrance that enters the room before you do, this one isn't for you.

wongkar
wongkar

received mine today !

damn, this is interesting !
its smooth, sweet, simple, it's just brilliant.

i like DnG "The One" that much, now imagine this :

pick the warm and sweetness of "The One" + lots of tonka bean. and ermm... that Vanilla Orchid is the "highlight" in this juice. it makes this different from any other within the genre.

it reminds me of Charriol Pour Homme EDT (the drydown of the charriol is slightly similar to Rogue Man's opening IMHO)

glad i reserved a bottle.

for those of you who like : warm, sweet, alluring scent, give it a try, simple yet complex at the same time. i dont know how to describe it, but it is THAT GOOD !

Scores:

- Scent : 9.5 out of 10 (lovely warm-sweet scent, which i like)
- Longevity : as always, gonna update later on this one.

- Projection : Moderate. its better than "The One"s projection off course. lol

- Versatility : 8 out of 10. it's good for night time wearing i guess? and its pretty safe to wear in warmer nights either. yea i know, im pretty skeptical about "when" is the right time to wear such fragrance. as long as i think that it would fit my activities and not offend anybody in the meantime, i'll use it. no matter "when" (day/evening/etc).

Overall : finally, with this being said. give this one a try. this one is sure a compliment getter i believe !
and its that kind of fragrance that would make hugs longer.

Masterpiece ? who cares. it's GREAT, it's Full Bottle Worthy, i'll absolutely rock on this one !

Regards

BroomRider28
BroomRider28

Imagine Hugo Boss' 'Hugo' with a LOT of tonka bean and you'll get an idea of Rogue Man.
Longevity is good, sillage is average.
Ultimately, this is a very forgettable fragrance.
My husband already owns "Hugo' so there's absolutely no need to buy this sweeter rip-off.

dmirror
dmirror

Nice sweet spicy fragrance like somebody else posted it does smell a little bit like spice bomb d&g the one and roca wear evolution the performance is also good with this one as well these celebrity fragrances are actually nice and pleasant most of them by cologne guru experts standards they may not be much in the weird note and scent section but to us regular Joe's that just like to smell good they're nice it's a like and 7/10 better suited for cooler weather fall winter and cool spring it might be a bit much in heat last off the bottle is creative but it is oddly shaped when trying to spray it on when your fresh out the shower with wet hands you'll probably drop it so stand over the couch or bed so you don't break the bottle or the sprayer I got big hands but I still have to use both hands to get it right

dariodp123
dariodp123

My fav perfume right now! I love the fact that it's vanilla but not vanilla! Think this vanilla orchid is a better ingredient than vanilla! It's not too much!

hendra777
hendra777

After reviewing the review here I blind buy this Rogue. It is bottle is rather big with big cap with synthetic leather on it.
First Impression, It is spicy at first , I think black pepper, then after 10 minutes it evolves into some sweet aromatic scent - Cinnamon. after 30 minutes it evolves again into sandalwood and amber.

The longetivity is around 10 hour and the sillage is strong at first 3 hour, after that the smell is only near your skin but it is still there.

It is good fragrance if you like spices

jochris
jochris

my first try…smells like hmmm D&G the one +Spicebomb V&R=Rogue Man

jayjosh87

Sexy masculine scent. Starts off fresh and citrusy. Then goes into a leather floral with vanilla. And base comes out and sticks to the skin with the Tonka beans and sandalwood and amber giving that warm vanilla scent making it very masculine. It changes about 2 or 3 times but that's what makes it very Rogue! Long lasting too. About 7 to 8 hours. Great for dates and bedroom play.its very different from other colognes out right now. Good job rihanna for being a women's made fragrance. It's my favorite this season so far.

RyBayBayMPLS

so i know i already wrote my take on this the first day i tried it.. but i would like to add a few things i have learned.

it garners compliments, it smells different than your average celeb scent, it has decent projection and the best thing is it LASTS.

i sprayed one spray on the back of my hand before i left to attend a Timberwolves game around 6pm.. it is now 4am and i can still detect it on my skin! awesome

RyBayBayMPLS

Love Rihanna and i love this cologne!!

I was at Mall of America and they had a great deal in perfumemania where you get the whole gift set for 69$.. Unfortunately it was the last. Shopping spot i hit and was short on cash.. But because i have a Rihanna bracelet on he gave me a free travel spray sample!

I have had it on about 6hrs now and can still smell it on my arm.. Definitely gonna buy!

Jomoves
Jomoves

Tried this one this morning and I'm sad to say that this is a very standard, very average mens fragrance along the lines of Jay Z Gold and JLo's Deseo for Men, except without the berries. Longevity is good, projection is moderate, but this is a big disappointment. Noting new at all.

matej.jedvaj

apparently it's out everywhere now, just saw a post on facebook...hope i'll finally get it

kaysee
kaysee

On me longevity is good but projection weak.

Not a big fan of the fragrance itself, was expecting something more intense/wintery but to me that's a summer fragrance. subtle and just okay.

Too bad coz I was rly anticipating this one.

louisminaj
louisminaj

Okay, I was highly anticipating this fragrance as Rihanna's female fragrance are incredible, so when I had a chance a rushed to House Of Fraser! When I smelled it, I tried it on my skin, so this is my interpretation of it, the fragrance was very bright, almost summery on my skin, so I looked at the notes and I was really shocked! I wish I was getting the listed notes, but I'm getting a very pleasant summer smell? Maybe it needs time to develop so I will edit this in a few hours, but I am slightly disappointed with this so far, wouldn't buy it as I prefer heavy fragrances. I will give it time.

EDIT: So it's been 4-5 hours since I've sprayed this on my hand. And I must admit, it got a lot better, this REALLY warmed up nicely, but still, it was only nice, nothing exciting, just nice. Doesn't do much for me, I'm upset as I was really looking forward to this one. But a pro for this is that it's been on 4-5 hours and its actually lasting REALLY well. So that's good I suppose.

Jakemusic
Jakemusic

I just bought the gift set for Rogue Man by Rihanna and it is amazing! The fragrance is absolutely amazing and worth it's value. I highly recommend it for someone who wants a not overpowering, sweet but masculine, fragrance. It is masculine and has a bright opening. Then it soothes down to woody and vanilla and sweet. It's hard to describe but really my favorite mens fragrance. It's so good and best of all it's by Rihanna! It's the perfect fragrance!
Rating: This gets a 9.5/10 from me. One of the best fragrances out their now!

GregorAPBDH
GregorAPBDH

Okay so this is my first men's fragrance review as I normally only collect women's perfumes. So as is said I don't normally buy men's scents but when I heard Rihanna was releasing one I just had to have it. This isn't actually that bad. I have worn it once or twice since getting it to see what reactions I got to it from friends, family and work mates and overall they all liked it. I think it helps that it isn't an overly masculine scent. The notes are blended together very well and I love the composition of the scent. The lasting power is also amazing !! I got 14 Hours out of this ... 14 !!! I have to say Rihanna done well and I would happily buy another men's fragrance if she released one. 9/10 from me. Keep up the good work Robyn Rihanna Fenty x

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Got to admit I really like this, I don't know what I was expecting but as soon as I sprayed this on it was a warm comfy smell. Quite peppery to start and sweet. A lovely woodiness and vanilla scent which kind of reminded me for a moment of Jil Sander Man Absolute in the dry down. The sandalwood and patchouli with the amber is very long lasting on my skin. This is perfect for winter and evening use. Longevity is excellent which I am very pleased with. Had 2 compliments on first wearing. I bought the 100ml Edt Gift set with the aftershave balm and shower gel which is on offer at House Of Fraser. Very impressed for a celebrity fragrance.

coockie
coockie

Perfume-princess, it's already been sold in House of Fraser.

jayjosh87

I've gotten compliments with this colonge. Its sexy

matej.jedvaj

i don't know why do i so desperately want to try this perfume, that never happened to me....the problem is it's still not available in my country although macy's is shipping to my country (it says "product not available at th emoment") and i can't find any other release dates...i've never been so anxious about a perfume but i can't wait another 2 years to get it.....some info someone???

David Musk

Yeah, at least I got it! I ordered it on macys.com

At first when I smelled it I had a sense that I was smelling something I had years ago (when I was 18-19). It is so warm, sweet and sexy. NOT for 35+ and Summer, hot weather. Recommended to wear in cold days and nights. When I tested it outside it was much better.

I bought gift-set and I'm happy with it.

In general this fragrance has "We found love" aura with sexy and warm notes!

Loved it! :)

eddyglaze
eddyglaze

Love this fragrance! Received it in the mail from Macys.com about 2 weeks ago and I'm addicted to it. At first, on my skin the cologne smells like citrus and sandalwood, and it is very masculine, sexy, and somewhat spicy. And then, it dries down to a very nice sweet smell. Still masculine, it smells like vanilla, amber, cedar wood, and floral. Perfect for the fall or winter, either during the day or at night. I love Rihanna and all of her women's fragrances are lovely as well, this one doesn't disappoint. I can smell it on my skin for many hours, projection is good. Not overwhelming, but enough to get compliments. I bought the gift set; the after shave balm is excellent as well.

ChristopherK21
ChristopherK21

Rihanna just launched this fragrance officially at a Macy's in Atlanta yesterday!!! :) It is officially out NOW!!!

David Musk

I've ordered it today on Macy's. I'll share my estimations as I receive... Waiting for something unique and outstanding.

matej.jedvaj

so....september is over, is it out yet somewhere because i can't find it in the stores or the internet.... i have a feeling something bad happened to this perfume...

alex_deshazo
alex_deshazo

@Blueneon I know I thought it's was suppose to be released in September. But you know the lady gaga new unisex fragrance said it was suppose to be released in September but I later found out that was for the UK the USA will be released in January. So now I'm thinking the same thing is happening with Rihanna's cologne that the September release was for the UK. That's the only thing I can think of. But she did take to her twitter and said something about a September release. So I'm so confused at what's happening. But I second your post I went into Dillard's, Macy's and I heard sephora is suppose to carry it too? Maybe. But none of them knew what I was talking about.

Blueneon
Blueneon

I'm thinking the same thing.
All of the associates at Macy's looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about information on "Rihanna's new men's cologne".
They claim they've never heard of it.
I'm like, "Am I the only one who does their research?"

Patiently waiting to hear more about this.
It's supposed to be out in September, but something tells me it won't be released as scheduled. I guess we'll see.

marcello19
marcello19

Thank God lavander is missing from this fragrance. Sounds interesting.

johnnyz
johnnyz

This sounds really interesting. I'll need to check it out for sure.

ChesleyMusic
ChesleyMusic

Looks like its gonna be the toned down green/citrus version of original Rogue

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Note's sound really promising, I've loved every one of Rihanna's perfumes thus far Rogue Woman being my fav...I just hope she knocks it out of the park with this one too! I love her I have faith in her, can't wait to test, hopefully I'll like it it sound's like it'll be good for fall/ winter. :)

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Here are the notes!

The woody oriental was developed by perfumer Frank Voelkl. The notes feature black pepper, rosemary, clementine, bergamot, jasmine, cedar, labdanum, vanilla orchid, sandalwood, musk, patchouli, amber and tonka bean.

cologneking
cologneking

To Every Fragrantica subscriber:

The notes for ROGUE MAN by Rihanna are listed on another fragrance blog:

NOW SMELL THIS (NST)
nstperfume.com

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rihanna Rogue Man fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Rihanna Rogue Man, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rogue Man by Rihanna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rogue Man by Rihanna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.