Designers » R S » Aromatic « Groups

L`Altra Follia Riva for women and men

L`Altra Follia Riva for women and men
dislike

L´Altra Follia from Follia di Aquarama is aquatic fragrance introduced in 2008. It is dedicated to all of those who love cruises and travel. Connecting the continents and aromas from far away countries, spiced sea breezes, blue skies and endless horizons, it opens with basil, star anis and tobacco leaf. The heart in composed of cardamom, cumin, cinnamon and red pepper that give the composition a spicy rhythm. Base notes include vetiver, cedar and licorice. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP, 100 ml EDT and body care products: 200 ml revitalizing body lotion, 200 ml shower gel, 200 ml deodorant spray and 125 gr soap.

Tobacco Basil Star Anise

Caraway Cardamom Cinnamon Pepper

Vetiver Cedar Licorice

L`Altra Follia Fragrance Reviews

Rerik
Rerik

I had the blue bottle of L`Altra Follia and also the sport version (brown/oragne bottle).

L`Altra Follia blue bottle starts with star anise and end with star anise. It´s definitely made for the night. The smell reminds me very much of Baldessarini Strictly Private, even though there is no star anise in BSP.

L`Altra Follia Sport is a summer scent. It contains a lot of spices, so it´s not a typical aquatic, more a fresh salty scent. Reminds me of Jean Patou Voyageur.

This review is also for the Sport one in the orange bottle. I didn't mind the way it began, despite not liking aquatic fragrances. When the top notes wear off, I get mostly that metallic dusty quality common in many aquatic fragrances, apparently. Yes, there may be a hint of this or that note, but not to the degree I'd like. I was hoping that there would be a nice teak and ambergris base, but the dusty metallic quality just went on and on. I can't really judge one aquatic versus another because if I wear one once a year that would be a lot for me, but I didn't find it to be a terrible "chemical mess" as I found others to be, if that helps. The longevity seems fine and the projection ("sillage") seems to be at least acceptable. Otherwise, I get a fume-like quality, rather than distinct notes, and I don't like that at all, though others might (or else why would they make these fragrances in the first place?).

This just tells us how body chemistry play a major role and how it twists and turns a fragrance. I am glad it works well for ya and it's very unfortunate that it didn't work on me. T_T

*This review is ALSO for FdA Sport-orange bottle-as I have never seen the original anywhere, and this "sport" version is not on our database...yet*

Notes for Follia di Aquarama SPORT are as follows:
mandarin, golden kiwi, yuzu, lime, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, aquatic notes, waterlily, sambac jasmine, vetiver, cedarwood, labdanum, ambergris and teak(...whew!).

Follia di Aquarama are a company that manufactures luxury Italian speedboats that start upwards of 50,000 dollars (with no extras). I inherited this wonderful scent from nattonline (Thanks again guy...I love it!!) and it (to me) smells like a million bucks...but not PR 1 Million! ;-)

This does have a bitter citrusy opening but has its sweet side as well. The two blend very well, and this smells very "european" to me. After the citrus and fruit dies down the cool wafts of airy mint take you to a heart of smooth spiciness tempered with watery florals and a sweet breath of jasmine. Sexy, strong and utterly refined. The drydown is expensive wood with exotic resins overlayed and some very fresh vetiver to keep it clean and so very manly. I am actually in awe of this scent and am so happy to have it! I wear this often as it smells so rich, but is unlike anything else that I currently own.

Sillage: very good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4/5

This company has been in business since 1842, and it is obvious that they value classic old-world craftsmanship and high quality ingredients. This is how you would expect a man coming off his yacht to smell as he passed you on the docks...sharp, elegant and polished. But refreshed by the sea and his face tanned by the sun reflected off the water, sporty but not cheap-elegant but not pretentious. In a word: Splendid!

I made a blind purchase of the "Sport" version in orange bottle of this and let me tell ya, it's not really a sport scent. It doesn't even have a pleasant smell. It smells artificially bitter and minty almost like a herbal ointment mix with aspirin powder. The list of note actually have fruits like orange and kiwi but I can't even get pass the bitterness to find out what else it has to offer. I will try it on my skin and if I make it out alive, I will write more what's up with this flanker.

::UPDATE:: So I give it another try on my skin. This time, it chills my skin with a strong blast of alcohol which is quite boozy but quickly evaporated. I do smell orange, but it's a bitter part of the orange zest. Then I pick up woody scent, a bitter woody veneer (or teak) scent. It becomes bearable after 6 hrs! Yes, I tortured myself for 6 hrs for you guys! Well, the whole bitterness just ruins it for me! This one will be put away to the furtherest corner of my cabinet... Probably forever. Good bye Follia di Aquarama "Sport"!!!

FYI, if you are a brave one and wanna try. I am up for swapping with just about anything really including except Brut, Axe or Old Spice, you know.

L`Altra Follia by Riva 3.71 out of 5 based on 8 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Riva L`Altra Follia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Riva L`Altra Follia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Altra Follia by Riva. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Altra Follia by Riva represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.