Designers » R S » Chypre Floral « Groups

Bandit Robert Piguet for women
dislike

leather
Bandit Robert Piguet for women Pictures

Bandit is the most daring in the whole line of perfumes like Caron Tabac Blond and Chanel Cuir de Russie, perfumes for an emancipated woman on the turn of the last century; for a woman who dares to smoke in the public. Bandit was made for the avantgarde Robert Piguet's collection, inspired by romantic sea voyages and pirates. Bandit is a classic "chypre" with dark animal notes and aggressive leather accord. In 1999, after 25 years, production of Bandit started again. Eau de toilette has the greatest sharpness. In the perfume version, leather and smoke notes are followed by clear notes of white flowers and vetiver. Bandit was launched in 1944. The nose behind this fragrance is Germaine Cellier.

Aldehydes Orange Artemisia Gardenia Galbanum Neroli Ylang-Ylang Bergamot

Diorling

Bandit Fragrance Reviews

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

Bandit is single-handedly the most uncompromisingly acerbic, driest, leatheriest fragrance I've ever smelled. On first application, it punches me in the face with an instant sourness, and then proceeds to a dusty dark somewhat masculine-smelling leather base, without discarding its bitter edge. Obviously, leather notes do not fare well on my skin.

Cabochard also is not appealing to me, but seems more ashy than bitter like Bandit.

If you like dry leather scents, you might find it interesting to try Bandit and do a comparison with Lauder's old Azuree, which had, if my memory is correct, a more pleasing top note.

I am basically an oakmoss and galbanum girl, and chypre-ish perfumes are my faves, but these leather chypres don't do it for me. If I want to smell what feels to me like a pleasing leather character, I wear Goutal's Passion, or I go for my favorite bombshell animalic chypre from the past: Revlon's original Intimate, which has held up amazingly well.

If you don't like aldehydes steer clear of this one! I like the idea of putting galbanum in this type of composition, but due to the excesive aldehydes I think I prefer vintage Cabochard (which is not at all aldehyde free), for example. What's funny to me is that if you take out some of the florals and the galbanum I think it would be quite similar to Avon's old Leather Cologne, which was marketed to men!

Stampinator
Stampinator

I want to love this so much but I find it a bit sour and uninviting to my nose... Smells dusty green and dirty to me.

Alex1984

@Alisha76: No worries, there is only one Bandit, edp and pure parfum. It is marketed to women but like all perfumes, it has no gender. Rock it with pride!

Alisha76
Alisha76

This is listed as a women's perfume. I have a sample of it, I'm adjusting, deciding if I can pull it off. I could have sworn they took a sample of this from the men's section.

Can anyone tell me if they make a men's version of this same fragrance? Or is this fragrance just tough enough to sold in the men's section? (I don't want to mistakingly buy the women's if I prefer the mens)

Alex1984

Bandit is the ultimate leather dominatrix. The one that wears her leather gear, her 9inch stilletos, covers her body in white floral scented cream and takes on the night in search for innocent victims. Along the way she has a cigarette or two, and finally arrives at the dark forest she has cited her victim..er, customer, and starts performing what she knows best; making everyone kneel before her! God what a ride! That's why I love her! Can you believe that this piece of art was marketed to women? Very few would dare to wear Bandit today, let alone adore her. Even men seem to be intimated at times. You gotta love Germaine C. If Bandit lets you into its world, after the hard core show is over, you're in for some more. But what's the point of getting home with her when the best part has only just begun? Wear her, adore her, let her do you, and just enjoy the ride. For once you are under her spell there is no turning back! My favorite leather ever and one of my top 5 fragrances. Absolute masterpiece!

Kipling&Alice
Kipling&Alice

I am making a side by side comparison of the vintage Bandit pure parfum and the current formulation of Bandit EDP. The opening is very fresh, verging on bitter green, but also reminds the root of a plant freshly pulled from the soil and crushed – there is milky-ness and buttery-ness of that root in the opening and in the middle notes. This is vetiver in its utmost freshness. Then the leather begins to appear. In parfum it is very soft, almost like suede – but very clean and new. In EDP, it is more reminiscent of the leather than suede, but still very fresh, the new leather. Overall, current EDP is a tad sharper than the vintage parfum, but not much different in its composition; and I expect that the dry-down will be fairly identical. Compared to Cabochard’s leather both Bandit parfum and EDP are a much softer and fresher renditions of it. I am not detecting much else at this stage (first hour), none of the flowers or coconut with amber. Civet, woods, patchouli, musk and moss are so well blended together that none stands out but instead produce this effect of a new leather bound book (in EDP) and new suede jacket in parfum. I may have to revisit this review to complete my impressions after the dry-down. So far, this is a very fresh leathery chypre. Bandit’s leather is much softer than the leather of the Cabochard. For those who like or are interested in leather scents this is a good reference fragrance to try. Tastes of course vary, but the drastic divide in descriptions of this scent I can only attribute to the different formulations, as well as nock offs (one of which I had spotted on eBay just recently). The samples I have smell very natural, no harsh synthetic notes of burning rubber or plastic are present as was mentioned in some reviews. This is definitely a scent to be revisited before the final verdict can be pronounced. But from the initial experience I think it will be worthwhile.

SeverinaSerizy
SeverinaSerizy

This perfume is very green and fresh yet leathery and warm on my skin. I absolutely love it!
Were having a surprisingly cold summer here and I have been wearing this perfume a lot, and for me this is my new go to perfume replacing Maison Margilas "untitled" and Pradas Infusion d Iris as my daily full size bottle of juice.
Reading the reviews one might get scared of this classic scent...It's naturally of personal preference but for me big white flowery scents like for instance Fracas intimidate me much more than a chypre like Bandit.
Bandit is a bitchy, edgy scent that gives me a sense of strength that is uncompromising.
There is absolutely n o t h i n g seducing about this scent it yet it's very sexy in it's own masterful way...If that makes any sense to you. It's not saying come to me...it says I'll get you if I choose to.
And for reference in the leather note department; I do NOT like Tom Fords Tuscan Leather at all.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I remember finding this perfume for the first time, at Sephora. Ah, youth. I would smell anything you stuck in my face in those days. Probably that is how I ended up, for years, with scent as a bad migraine trigger. Revenge of the nose. There are a lot of crappy, chemical perfumes out there, Gentle Readers.

But Bandit isn't one of them. It remains a favorite of mine because it's one of the first I ever encountered that didn't smell like perfume-with-a-capital-P. It smells, as a matter of fact, like sweat.

Huh, you are thinking. Why would I pay for that? I can make my own sweat. But here's the thing: you never know what's going to happen to your sweat after it's on your skin, or worse, soaked into your clothes. With Bandit, you know you're going to smell like sexy sweat. Kink. Good kink. It holds its smell for hours, quite unchanging after it dries down.

The notes I get from Bandit are, in this order of both time and intensity: leather, vetiver, oakmoss, animal raunch, and pepper-for the sting. A classic by the genius Germaine Cellier, God love her.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant of the EdP concentration. It opens up with a blast of aldehydes then quickly calms down and joins in by civet and white florals. Projection is moderate after the initial blast but longevity is good on my skin. I would imagine someone like Angelina Jolie in the movie Gia wears this.

CitrusHead
CitrusHead

Whoa - this perfume slaps me upside the head! I put just a dab on one wrist & was engulfed in the scent. All the urban legends about the scent and power of this fragrance are true. I do not think I've ever experienced a fragrance quite like this one. It is relentless; just try to wash this off. Even after scrubbing in the shower there is a complicated scent. I hate it & I like it. It's bizarre. Very heavy slap of leather & dirty musk, animal, myrrh & I don't know what else. I really don't notice flowers on my skin. This is huge and very complicated. I could see a man pulling this off but for me, it's just way too much - it is beyond the beyond. It's more a psychedelic experience than a fragrance. WOW - anyone who can actually wear this, I bow down to you! I am not worthy!

projectalice345
projectalice345

I must give a review, I wrote one and then erased it, too concerned that I might offend a dedicated Bandit fan.She was such a milestone in history this one........ I was so excited to try this one, the reviews, the ads with the knives, " a half wild whore'????? OMG, "skanky" You say?? I must try this one then. My favorite frag is Seductive Goddess by Baby Phat,a smell with out much popularity as it smells like medicine on most people, and many hate it, plus its a celebrity frag and not from a perfume house so its not well known. But i dont care its leather and patchouli and I LOVE it. Many have said the smell is "skanky" or like " a stripper with a leather coat on" so I was like...well, well well what have we here, Bandit you say???Maybe a longer lasting version of what I like. So I ordered a small tester and waited with great anticipation for the dirty leather pants smell. Yes I imagined, it will be like a Mick Jagger hang over.....or maybe a nice leather coat in a bar......I received the small bottle and quick spritze away

NOOOOOOO!!! What a disappointment on my skin!!! It turns into the tamest dried flower smell in the world. What is this?????

I was so bummed! I wanted knives and gross pants with sweaty motorcycles! On me its like pickle juice! its a very strong smell that I think is made very well though, it has huge staying power and endurance as a frag and had I liked it, it would have made a loyal ally and it would have stayed with me along time.

Sadly a no go. I cant really wear Chanel type Aldehydes, but I am still glad I tried this one, it does feel empowering, it feels like it was made to blaze a trail in womens lives. I will keep the tiny bottle but not order more. Bandit I salute you as a woman who can not wear girle girle smells, you are a mighty beacon of turning events for what was to come later, but you shall remain a mystery as you turn to pickle juice and popurri on my skin and I don't smell leather at all. Leather??? What leather??? I am glad you exist though and paved the way.

Just a side note.....to any dedicated leather fans who had a bad experience with this, try Tom Fords Tuscan leather. It might work better.

missylynn78
missylynn78

I have wanted to try this one for a long time, as it's a classic "must try" for anyone who loves perfume. I put it on about 10 minutes ago, and I'm still trying to figure out if I like it. I love certain leather and tobacco scents (Tabac Blond and Cuir de Russie are two favorites of mine), so I figured Bandit would be right up my alley. It did remind me right off of the thick, heady parfum version of Tabac Blond. But the difference is that Bandit is a bit more green, sharp and earthy, while Tabac Blond is a little more soft and powdery on me. I think I still prefer TB, but Bandit does remind me of those lovely, warm late summer evenings in the country, with the hazy smell of thick woods and hay. Makes me want to go take a long walk out at my grandparents' old farm... :)

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

please note about the dryout...
some green note, strange and addictive. it´s like a note created "just for you" great.

wlmyer2
wlmyer2

It is a wonderful composition, but must be worn by someone who is daring and likes earthy scents. It is not a perfume to wear to work or concerts. I have found that people who do not understand the beauty of perfume compositions often times find this scent offensive. On me I do not get any leather, which is sad. On me this perfume is essentially oak-moss and civet from start to finish.

marioslg3

After using it for two days, is not my cup of tea. 100ml bottle if anyone wants to swap.

marioslg3

Starts green and floral and turns into dark leathery/ rubbery perfume...

StealthAngel
StealthAngel

I hear many people talk about Bandit as a raunchy, skanky, tough scent, but nothing could be further from the truth in my case.
It comes on salty and aromatic but the dry down, surprisingly, is all tenderness.
My DH swears that the vintage parfum smells like jamming his face into my leather jacket. Not rough and tough, but warm, personal and comforting.

Bandit also has a profound erotic side: not the overtly sexy, giant crotch flying in your face thing, but the troubling, butterflies in the stomach, knee buckling internal silent moan that threatens to betray you when you get dangerously close to your unsuspecting crush and can smell that which is only reserved to those admitted in the 1 foot of personal space:
The muskiness of skin, the primal scent, that deeply rooted low key purr that rises from the fauve's loins.

Yet for all its dense, opaque feel, Bandit has a silky side that glides over the senses and permeates everything it comes close to: long after you think it's gone, someone will walk by you, take a deeper breath and blush up to their ears with a helpless smile.

It's leather. Spiced up, flavored and adorned for its entrance, but it's leather and all the stories in its past. And it will leave in its wake the kind of memories that make the best blackmail material.

iridian
iridian

It's so interesting to read so many reviews from women who have come to Bandit only after learning of her reputation... and I was the other way around. I was a complete perfume virgin when I discovered Bandit around the age of 21 or so, and it was love at first scent. I knew nothing of Bandit, aside from the fact that I had just stumbled upon the scent of my soul. The experience of Bandit was such a powerful awakening to me.

I've worn Bandit for the past 16 years now, and every other scent to me pales in comparison. In fact, Bandit has ruined me for all other scents. I'm slightly amused by the reviewers who state how careful they are to wear Bandit only in this or that situation, and frankly, I don't know if Bandit is for such a person who wants to be careful. Many such reviewers state that one must hide Bandit in the darkest of places during the day and bring her out to breathe only during the darkest of nights. But since I've discovered Bandit, we've been inseparable 24/7 and throughout all of the stages of my adult life, including my job shelving and paging books in a library as a college kid and my career as a library departmental head as an adult woman. Keep Bandit locked away during the day? Pah! That goes against everything she stands for... apparently.. and I didn't even know what other people thought of her until now.

All I know is that even when I'm home in my pajamas feeling out of sorts, if I spray some Bandit on my wrist, all is right in the world again, and I feel like I could move a glacier. In fact, I've had dreams of swimming in a cold, raging sea of Bandit, feeling perfectly at home (in fact, this would be heaven to me).

I think back over the times in my life that Bandit played her roles... One time, I overstayed in a relationship, partly due to the fact that my man so loved my Bandit. Another time, a man I was seeing told me that he did not like my Bandit, and I immediately started losing respect for him (dump the man, keep the Bandit!). Yes, these things seem silly to say now, and they only occur to me in hindsight, but it's amazing to me how very profoundly I find myself embodied in this scent to where one's opinion of the scent is surely an opinion of me... I think that's how one's signature scent should be.

I regret that I cannot be as scientifically eloquent as some of the wonderful reviewers here are, as I never had a chance to “develop my nose,” as I say, once I discovered Bandit, I never looked back. All I can give here is my anecdotal experience with this stunning masterpiece. And whether you agree with me about Bandit being your scent or not, I hope you never settle until you discover a perfume that affects you as deeply as Bandit affects me.

Scentabella
Scentabella

~Bandit, that sensual androgenous scent that flirts with me insanely in the bottle, more powerful than Cabochard and more refined than Halstons Catalyst and more seductively smokey than Lapsangsouchon Tea... and oh does it tease me... in the bottle...
I spray on my skin and my nose has a heartattack as if the most sexy man has just walked past me...
But after a few minutes on my skin i am wanting it off!
It turns sour like an old maid on my skin, well she ( my skin) is used florientals and the heady flowers of Fracas.
So why did I go there? Well the same emigmatic skin makes cabochard smell like that old cussons imperial leather soap on me... I wanted something a bit more fetishistic, something more sweaty and leather mixed in my thrown flowers!
I supposed cats pee is ( the major dry down on me) is someones fetish somewhere, its not mine.
This is the very first perfume that i can sniff like a maniac in a bottle and actually balk at on my skin... Dam shame.
I bought it blind from all the lovely reviews, as the ones that talk of smoke and leather and subtle floral etc are exactly what I was looking for.
I am that conundrum female... I have been told many times... especially when dressed all masculine wearing the most feminine Fracas ( which my skin loves) and JPG Classic Parfum!
i have an old formula EDT of it too, perhaps I need to get the Parfum bandit? or maybe layer some Cabochard Ambre over it ( yes i know thats scandlous... hehe)
I try that for a starters, but I think ill just put on some Pamala Picasso when Im feeling particularily wicked... or some niki de saint phalle...
I 'll keep looking for the True leather that I can wear
( Im sure it will end up being the expensive Cuir de Russe knowing my luck!) its intersting about the reference to kouros, a friend at school used to wear it with her leather jacket and she smelt great... but then she was a sallow skinned very dark haired girl... maybe Strawberry blondes / fairs can't do bandit? interesting to see what others think on that?

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

On me, the initial blast was uninteresting - seemed unappealing. But the drydown was gorgeous and stayed very long. I am thinking of layering it with Guerlain Aqua Alegoria Mandarin Basil. I will take a full bottle.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

The first blast of citrus and smoked tobacco is seriously demonic, so mean and green and dry, it took my breath away. It's incredibly thrilling, it immediately makes you want to grab the day by the lapels with your fists and shake it into what you want it to be! If you're looking for a pretty-pretty perfume-perfume, then this is not for you.

If you want to channel your inner James Dean (with that amazing haircut of course!), smoking cigarettes through dark red lips on your speeding motorcycle, and strut around a dusty roadside motel room in your panties and stilettos twirling your butterfly knives, planning to rob a bank, because you can and you just don't give a damn, then this is definitely for you.

The leather is not an elegant vintage handbag -- it is a thin, buttery-soft, perfectly worn-in biker jacket that fits and clings to you like a glove, the progression of Bandit is that smooth. The animalic rumble underneath is like a feral femme-fatale on the prowl, not for love, but for trouble and adventure.

Leather-lovers and green-lovers: this is heaven in a bottle! Super modern, super chic, uber bad-ass.

Lulutupelo
Lulutupelo

I just received Bandit EDP today, and really like, not love, it. I'll have to give it a few days of wear, as I often change my mind. This is very much like Cabochard EDP, but lusher and smoother. If you want a similar but far less expensive fragrance, go for the Cabochard EDP.

This really is a lovely fragrance, which takes about two hours to tone down a bit from the sharp leather chypre opening. I also get a strong tobacco even though it isn't listed as a note, which is really a plus for me.

This isn't the wild woman fragrance so many refer to; it is very much like the ladies from the early seventies who were probably wearing Cabochard. They were new to wearing pants in Mississippi, pondering women's lib, and suddenly found themselves in a completely different reality, both frightening and liberating. They were actually far more interesting than the 80's Poison crowd.

I would recommend ordering a sample before purchasing a big bottle, as this is strong enough to be scary to the modern watery floral fruit lover. It is a real perfume, honestly, something sadly lacking in the retail market. Even the great Chanel's fragrances come short of Bandit. (Unless you have the great Cuir de Russie.)

valenceis
valenceis

I don't think Bandit is anything like Jolie Madame. JM to me is HEAVY on the violet. So much candy-sweet violet on leather that it was overwhelming.

I have the Bandit shower creme and I love how it's sour, leathery pungency and "nearly spoiled" richness makes me feel. I save it for only special showers. My "bandit shower", when I want to really embrace my fierce inner lady.

I would call this one butch. This one reminds me of the only perfumes my mother ever liked, the understated, the unfeminine, mellow, dry, dark and sophisticated beauties. Bandit smells like a library in an old mansion in the springtime. Her wardrobe was all earth tones and jewel tones, nothing clingy, lots of masculine details like ties and low, sensible shoes. She had a very handsome style with just a little hint of femininity around the edges. A little rough and a little sensual. That's how I would describe Bandit.

What do you call a tomboy who is all grown up? The woman who isn't a boy, she is a MAN. A woman who dresses and carries herself just on the knife's edge of sexual ambiguity. Soft, but not. She's not hiding her femininity, she's just not...accentuating it, because she has far too much class. If you care enough to know, you just know. SHE wears Bandit.

pronose
pronose

somehow the formula has changed!!!!! and doesn't last like before!!!!! too bad for this great scent!

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Hey Korous, come here, I want you to meet someone... This is Chanel, Chanel Cuir de Russie... Chanel meet Korous, okay, now you 2 go and make a baby... What's that? What should you name your baby?? How about BANDIT!! And there you go folks! YSL's Korous and Chanel's Cuir de Russie did the nasty and out came Bandit, all Big, Black, and Beautiful as she is. So basically you have the combination of 2 of the finest perfumes to ever come down the Perfumery pike, and to be honest, the olfactory effect this creates is astonishing!

Bandit opens with probably the loudest most brash opening I've ever experienced. I could very easily see someone slathering layers of Bandit on them repeatedly due to the drug like dopamine feeling this opening creates, and I'm not exaggerating. Buckets, and I mean bucket fulls of sparkly-fizzy neon green Aldehydes that are so freakin` strong you can actually feel the tingling in your mucous membranes, miles of florals (Super dry florals, nothing sweet, but not dead, just extremely realistic as God intended them to be) as far as the eye can see, mixed with cow hides, whips, collars and chains, oh my, and every forbidden sexual leathery contraption you can wrap your twisted little mind around. It's absolutely breathtaking. The first thing that popped into my mind was Korous! And secondly, Cuir de Russie!! Except, these 2 gems combined and magnified times 10, it really is something else... I couldn't believe my nose.

The heart of Bandit is quite strange because at this point it's a combo of the 2 masterpieces mentioned above, and strangely the Leather disappears, only to leave lots and lots of flowers fluttering about which creates the olfactory illusion of fruits, but remember, not sweet and still insanely green, but that can't be you ask? There's no fruit in the pyramid?? Well let me tell you, I can most definitely smell some Peaches and Nectarines of some sort going on.

The drydown... Well I guess the Leather was taking a nap because now it's back, and quite strong, along with that lovely Civet, oh how I love Civet! So now what you have is the drydown of Korous and Cuir de Russie... Carnations, Jasmine, Oakmoss, Civet, Leather, Patchouli, Amber, and how unbelievably lovely and disgustingly filthy dirty it is.

I'm honestly really blown away by Bandit. You can just smell the history in this stuff (no pun of course) and what excellent stuff it is! I blind bought Bandit due to all the negative and crazy reviews about it, and because the history of it, and it blew away all my expectations x2. I don't find it too Feminine, or too Masculine at all. Maybe more Feminine in the opening, but the drydown is definitely more Masculine due to Civet, Leather and Patchouli. It's just plain gorgeous, and very high quality I might add. It's not a sillage bomb in the drydown (EDP version) just overwhelmingly sexy and close to the skin, but longevity is excellent. The one thing that I am personally pleased with about Bandit is that although it is a true `chypre` with having Oakmoss at it`s base (synthetic or not) it never ever leans into Old Lady territory, because I`d have to run far away, and I'm also quite in love with the jet black Art Deco flacon that says "I mean business, only wear me if you can appreciate me", and I wish I had more hands, so I can give Bandit a strong 4 thumbs up!

TeaforTwo
TeaforTwo

I have tried, and own, only the current edp, and adore it. I don't find it aggressive or butch, I think of it as an energetic, sunny, large sort of scent. It is also the best representation of a carnation I have tried by far, the leather somehow making the carnation redder and more powerful. The leather is creamy and buttery, as though it were melting in the sun. This fragrance is genius.

Bandit, though similar to Jolie Madame, works much better for me. It does not share the same urine laced mustiness.
Bandit opens like this, BAM! I'M BITTER! Artemisia for days. It does pretty quickly transform into a rooty, powdery leather. I agree that it is quite unisex and could be seen as "butch". I do not find it particularly skanky though.
Skanky, to me, implies a certain "loudness". Bandit is strong, but not loud. It's cold, not hot. Bandit is serious business.
I can smell the myrrh and citrus in the drydown, once all the mossy/tarry/bitter notes settle in.
I used to feel that I could not pull off Bandit, but I think perhaps I was mistaken. I could see myself wearing this for certain night time occasions.

Elviel
Elviel

I have been trying this perfume and wearing it on and off over a couple of years. It has taken me that long to decide whether I like it or dislike it.

Why so long? Well I wanted to like it. I like the idea of 'Bandit' (although the cowboy song 'Branded' always does a little dance in my head when I think of 'Bandit').

There is a spirited beginning with citrus, sparkle, and fowers.

There is a middle with a mix of flowers perhaps dominated by the tuberose (mine have finally flowered - yay!)

There is a sweet dry down that I smelt as powder and vanilla but looking at the notes I would not argue as to it being coconut.

However to my nose there is a strange high pitched sharpness that is not citrus, that is not like anything I have actually smelt on its own for comparison. It dominates the whole composition for me on my skin and on a cotton wool ball (which is still wafting after three days straight) and although not an unpleasant smell it is one I find strangely disturbing.
Is this civet? I don't know as I have never smelt civit (or civitone) to compare. I don't smell it in Tabu which is supposed to be a civet bomb - so what is that smell? answers on a postcard please).

So I was prompted to finally make a decision becuase a special offer at £55 was to be snapped up if it was a thumbs up. It is thumbs down for me but if I could tame the cat it would be another matter altogether.

Decant sample of Eau de Parfum circa 2011/2012 ish.

tinkmoi
tinkmoi

wow, EDP tester from perfumed court.. I love it .. this gives me what I wanted to get from my Tabac Blond parfum.. Sharp, cold and not too sweet; I have to let this develop before I further commentbut I think I will need to aquire a bottle :)Happy

Ouch!
Ouch!

I'm glad I got to try this!

This goes through some weird stages on me and in the wrong order, I get wet greenery with a spike of vetiver in the opening. The lush florals are behind giveing a bit of smoothness. Mainly Rich tuberose is what I can smell underneath the greeness. It has a realy dryness to it, and the oakmoss never goes away, it gives it musty feel.

The heart is when vetiver, the almighty vetiver descends with the leather accord bringing up the rear. The drier stages after about 3 hours smell like pure vetiver on me. A bit too much! It's like the base notes are appearing before the heart as it's not one bit floral to my nose.

The flowers can only really be noticed once the vetiver and leather calm down a bit. It does turn more flowery and a bit spicy on me when it's reallllly dry. I like this stage too..this fragrance takes me on the little journey and it's definitley a Chypre for a daring person.

Krupp
Krupp

Bandit is Marlene Dietrich in a bottle: A bedroom affectionate, sensual, experienced woman with bright red lipstick, white fur and cigarette in a tube, seducing one with a firm hand! Ahem...! With 3 spritz I have felt her presence all day, and it has been WONDERFUL! Know simply no perfume like this .... I'm in love.

sidewalks
sidewalks

Bandit smells SO bad ass in the opening. It doesn't last, however, and it becomes this hum of car-smell. I personally do not like car-smell, which is too bad because I'm dying to buy this. I want so much to love it!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Bandit is a well-known women's perfume that celebrated perfume reviewer Luca Turin claims is butch enough for a man to wear. And it is. It's a mossy, dirty chypre... it's okay. I like it. However, I find it rather soft despite its well-known skankiness.

I prefer Estee Lauder Azuree Pure, which people claim Bandit reminds them of. That's the one for me, I think.

Aramis? People think this reminds them of Aramis? I don't see that at all!

Note: My favorite leather scent is Tom Ford Tuscan Leather - but in cold weather Elsha works very well, too.

I wish I could get my florals-only wife to wear this...

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

I see Bandit as Kate from Taming of the Shrew. It carries a lot of heavy baggage that simply isn't true when you get to know it. It is, in truth, GORGEOUS! Others have done such a wonderful job of describing the composition of the perfume that I have nothing more to add other than my appreciation, and I definitely appreciate this wonderful juice!

Sharyl
Sharyl

Poor Bandit has been called so many names: skank, butch, dominatrix. I admit I wasn't sure what I was going to unleash when I opened that sample bottle! Oddly, I find the opening very leathery, but it quickly dries down to a lovely, soft, powdery floral on me. What's all the fuss?

Nickie
Nickie

Have I been sent the wrong sample? Well, let's assume that it's right...

My first impression of Bandit was of an estranged but upbeat relative of L'Heure Bleure. Eight hours on, that thought still holds although the similarities aren't quite as stark now.

Bandit's longevity is impressive vs my LHB EDT. At 8 hours, it's lovely and soft and doesn't have the melancholic quality which I associate with LHB.

I've enjoyed wearing Badit very much today. However, as I already have LHB as a fixture on my Favourite Fragrance shelf, do I need to add Bandit to the collection? Well, no. But I want to! ;-)

jht4060
jht4060

Robert Piguet Bandit makes every other leather perfume I have smelled seem more like a tiny patch of suede. It is raw cattle hide that was poorly scraped, peed on by the local tomcat, and left to fester for a few months. Or to quote hbomb9410 (read full review below), "It smells like a pair of leather pants, never cleaned, once worn by a grungy rocker whose gender remains a mystery, abandoned to hang in a musty thrift store for about thirty years". If you wear it outside your home you would be well advised to spray in the air and walk through the mist, though the skankiest notes moderate quite a bit over the first few hours.

I rather like it once in a while for the olfactory atom bomb experience, but how it got to be popular with supposedly sophisticated women is beyond my ken. On the other hand, I think the reviews by Ditta70 and blacktaffeta below give two fascinating historical perspectives on this classic perfume.

I have the 2013 EDP, which comes in a plain black spray bottle with an octagonal black cap.

10 / 10 for sheer audacity.

Ditta70
Ditta70

I got a sample of Bandit in a posh London department store, from an adorable SA, one of the rare really interested ones. (I mean really interested in fragrances, not her commission...) She told me the story of Piguet's perfumes, and the fact that this particular one was created in 1944. This in itself blew my mind. 1944...after the rock bottom of WWII in France, Paris gets liberated and someone creates a new perfume. Back to business, life goes on.

According to the SA, the scent on the one hand is a reminiscent of Paris in ruins, the smell of smoke and destruction, but on the other hand it is the fragrance of the War Woman: liberated, strong, autonomous, requiring much more from life than ever before. As I work with the elderly in the UK, I KNOW these women...:-) OK, now in their 80's and 90's, but the glory of their past can still be detected in a glitter of the eyes! I know a lady, who was one of the first women operating the radar, and, as she proudly tells, teaching radar operation to much older officers in the army. Most definitely the war years were the time of her life, in many ways.
I like imagining my clients in their prime, and Bandit helps me in this. This fragrance is feminine without any trace of human warmth. It is no-nonsense, powerful, self-assured. It is a woman dressed in 40's fashion: wide shoulders, bizarre little hats, smoking a cigarette and living for the day, cause for all we know, tomorrow may never come.
I am pretty sure Marlene Dietrich wore it when singing to to troops...
In my humble opinion, Bandit is as colossal a masterpiece, as Picasso's Guernica. I can totally enjoy it as a work of art, but as an everyday perfume...no. It is a memory of times gone by, and as such sheer perfection.

I put it on yesterday, going to my bank to sort out some issues. The lady clerk was wearing one of those churned-out-by-the-dozen fragrances that are launched these days. The difference was as shocking as it goes! Put Guernica together with a drawing brought back by the neighbour's kid from pre-school. (Not your kids, as that is of course the loveliest in the whole wide world!!!)

Also, I had a hard time being my warm and cosy self wearing Bandit...I felt intimidating and haughty, hard as steel and cold as ice. No, definitely I could not wear it, but I will most definitely put it on and enjoy the sheer grandeur of it in the privacy of my home. At least till the little vial lasts...

Patty Cake
Patty Cake

After searching for years for the perfect scent, I came upon Bandit EDT. It was a rather masculine scent and maybe that is why enjoyed cuddling up to it. The EDT was, however, a one night stand. It began to smell like bug spray and I sold it at a garage sale. I'm stubborn and obsessive so I decided to give it another try. This time I found it in Portland at The Perfume House (what a devine experience). I purchased the EDP and the pure Perfume. The combination of these two were the perfect balance. Most perfumes turn very sweet on my skin and last forever so I prefer a scent that has some weight to it. Florals can end up making me ill. Bandit turn warm and deep and sweet. The green notes and the woods have the most magnificent dry down. I own many perfumes but Bandit is and always will be my favorite. It is certainly not for everyone. It's not a girly perfume but if you want something distinctive, wild and sophisticated all in one bottle, go for it.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

Bandit is a strange beast. It smells like a pair of leather pants, never cleaned, once worn by a grungy rocker whose gender remains a mystery, abandoned to hang in a musty thrift store for about thirty years. This was my first encounter with such a prominent civet note, and my reaction was quite visceral. I can't say that I necessarily like Bandit, but I'm intrigued by it. It's skanky to the extreme, but, to me, decidedly unsexy with its heavy aldehydes and oakmoss. I can't think of a single occasion for which this scent would be appropriate, and maybe that's the idea--wearing this perfume makes you feel inappropriate.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

This review is for the vintage parfum. Today I received a tiny bottle of it - and now have an orange stain on my arm to prove it! This is some serious juice.

Fragrances like this remind me of an important and salient fact about the time in which they were created. Everyone smoked. During my early childhood in the sixties, all three of the adults in our house smoked heavily, and this was perfectly normal. People smoked in the streets, on buses, in the cinema. Everywhere. Therefore, most people had quite a compromised sense of smell (and taste), and perfumes were strong, so that everyone could actually smell them. Chypres in particular complimented smoking, and of course proper chypres were all the rage back then.

Which brings me to Bandit. Yes, it's a very strong animalic leather scent. For the sixties - normal. For now - it's unbelievably powerful. That degree of leather is not found outside some of the more way-out niche houses, and the animal quality is considered very rude. But the truth, to me at least, is that it smells very beautiful. It reminds me of the leather in my London childhood - bus seats, satchels, my uncle's car. And of the women who came to play bridge with my parents - the younger ones, who smoked and drank martinis and wore turtle-necked sweaters with slacks.

There are some similarities with vintage Cabochard, yes - but I still feel able to go into social situations wearing Cabochard, which I think has more refinement. Bandit is like Paco Rabanne La Nuit in that the animal is very strong.

Needless to say I adore my tiny sample of vintage Bandit and can't wait to find a full bottle. Quite where I'll be able to go once I've got it on is another matter. I may be having some quiet days at home with my new obsession.

alexis_lomakin

BANDIT is an artwork, a unique fragrance suitable for both women and men, who are strong, confident, and independent; those people do not tolerate commonplace and conformism, quite often they break the rules, and break them beautifully, deliberately and well!!!

suhaesa
suhaesa

i smell my uncles.. returning from germany london and greece in their charlie stone trousers and tight unbuttoned shirts ..with their heavy.. masculine.. sharp.. musky.. ambery.. full of incense.. and spices leathers..i think its so much more of a masculine perfume.. very intense.. and sexual ..fit for a really hot italian stallion..a dark ..mysterious.. smokey.. sensuale.. powdery.. aldehydic.. reminiscent of some 80ies bombs ..like magic noir ..and azurie from estee lauder.. or youth dew ..or even jovan sex appeal..there are parts from opium..to my nose i feel its a bit too vulgar.. not an utterly refined.. perfume ..yet it is unique.. beautiful ..confident.. and in a class of its own.. more of an oriental.. chypree ..that doesn't take you high ..its a down to earth ..perfume.. fit for hard working people.. who just want to smell strong.. to cover up all their hardships ..it makes sense that it was made right after world war 2 when women were taking men's jobs.. for its a really masculine perfume.. maybe it made them fit better in to a masculine dominated society ..
oh wait a minute.. its calming down.. the flowers and a hint of subtle sweetness.. is emerging from beneath the rubble..the cigars.. the um the hmmmmmmm maybe fidji guy laroche... and a bit of madam rochas..its a confused perfume.. with schizophrenia..it has so many personalities ..so many facets.. that are so diversely remote from one another.. and wouldn't make sense at all.. in any one full composition.. its a fragmented crazy perfume ..that will make you wonder who am i and where do i belong ?
a bit medicinal..earthy .. resinous..one annoying note of something medicinal.. minty ..fresh green that i can describe maybe green leather ..
bandit i was waiting to smell this for so long bought a 100 ml edp spray i wish i bought the pour out edp smaller extrait..from the fifth floor at harrods knightsbridge for it smelled so much better.. ..

edp 100 ml
p.s
my uncles are in their 50ies and 60 ies now !

alexis_lomakin

Ok, I finally got my order from The Perfumed Court (as far as I know, it’s a trusted source of vintage fragrances).

Now I have the following versions of Bandit by Robert Piguet:

(1) Bandit Light Pour Homme EDT (Alfin inc.);
(2) Bandit EDT (Alfin inc.);
(3) Vintage Bandit EDT Original Formula;
(4) Vintage Bandit Parfum Original Formula;
(5) Bandit EDP (Fashion Fragrances & Cosmetics, LTD);
(6) Bandit Parfum (Fashion Fragrances & Cosmetics, LTD).

Versions # 1 and 2 (by Alfin inc.) are grossly reformulated, I wouldn’t recommend even trying them, it’s a waste of time and money.

Version # 3, Vintage Bandit EDT Original Formula (obtained from The Perfumed Court): A strong green chypre with a pronounced leather accord. Very nice!

Version # 4, Vintage Bandit Parfum Original Formula (obtained from The Perfumed Court): an absolutely gorgeous three-dimentional fragrance which olfactorily complies with canonical chemical design for Bandit by Germaine Cellier.

Versions # 5 and 6 (by Fashion Fragrances & Cosmetics, LTD) are currently on the market. Both are very similar to the vintage versions of Bandit EDT and Parfum Original Formula obtained from The Perfumed Court, but Bandit EDP from Fashion Fragrances & Cosmetics, LTD is darker, stronger, and a little floral I would say. Dry-downs are really similar between vintage Bandit EDT and current version of Bandit EDP (Fashion Fragrances & Cosmetics, LTD).

I’m still interested in trying Vintage Bandit Parfum and EDT Original Formula versions from sources other than The Perfumed Court .

For now, I would totally stick to the current versions of Bandit de Robert Piguet from Fashion Fragrances & Cosmetics, LTD, USA. I’ve heard that their current nose, Aurélien Guichard, trained in Givaudan, was really careful in going back to the perfume formulations by Germaine Cellier and in trying to recreate Bandit as close as possible to its original.
Note, they make only Bandit EDP and Bandit Parfum, no EDT!

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Bandit is the scent of Left Bank larcenists who steal sometimes by stealth, on occasion by sleight of hand but always with an enormous sense of style.

Its leather note is, quite rightly, a legendary knockout punch given power and lift by a physical architecture of aldehydes and oakmoss.

However, there is some playfulness here too, beyond the freshly squeezed citrus and steely galbanum of the opening a teasing hint of florals sits behind the great fist at the heart of the fragrance.

The dry down too is a pleasing affair as the muscular perfume relaxes slightly but loses nothing of its toned character. Here the smoky notes of vetiver and myrhh come together in an accord resembling rolling tobacco.

Bandit may not have the most glamorous of names, but this is the highest end heister you’re ever likely to come across.

This is pilfering made perfection.

*************

A fragrance that Bonnie and Clyde can enjoy together forever.

gentiana
gentiana

Short review for Bandit EDP, purchased in march 2012. The first 10 minutes is really hard to handle with it - a very strong pungent smell, you feel like ripping your nose ... but soon, this hurricane settles down in a pleasant - although strong enough and full of character - leather smell, some florals and slight B.O.
After one hour the smell is a tame leather, with more florals and an exciting skin scent. No more shouting tiger... more like a purring kitten in your arms.

aveilhe
aveilhe

Warning, negative review:

Well, now I know what kind of leather fragrance I DON'T like. I don't like one that smells like newly waxed car leather combined with a veterinarian's office.

Bandit is not a friendly, warm, or inviting leather. It does not want to be your friend; it does not want to romance you.

Upon first application I am bombarded with a messy array of jumbled floral notes and leather. Within 15-20 minutes, the floral notes fade entirely, and I am left with a harsh, astringent leather note combined with a car wax/cleaning product scent. It reminds me of the inside of a used car with leather seats that has had years of food, drink, and body odor build-up -- the owner wants to sell it, so he/she tries to cover up the stench with air fresheners and deoderizers.

I definitely don't get amber or vetiver...I do, however, get civet (the vet's office). Also, I have no idea what notes comprise the leather accord here -- it does smell like leather, but I detect none of the usual cade and birch, which typically impart a smoky odor. This leather is sharp and cold.

Honestly, this was a scrubber on me. When I want leather, I will stick with sensual, inviting, womanly leathers like Chanel Cuir de Russie, Habanita Molinard, or Caron Blonde Tabac.

I hate to berate a classic, but I suppose they can't all be positive revelations...

EK
EK

The no-nonsense square black bottle already gives a good hint of what's inside. Don't expect a celestial fantasy garden with little fairies and teddy bears jumping around. Bandit is not like that, it's more the mood of a rainy street in a black and white movie.

The fact that it was released during WW2 absolutely makes sense. Think about the fashion of the era. Wide-shouldered suit jackets, strict lines, what we now call business-style. The shortness of cloth meant that clothes had fit tighter. The pencil skirt was born. All in all more masculine. (Dior's "New Look" wasn't born until after the war, when frivolous use of cloth again was a possibility).
This was also the time when large numbers of women went out and did "a man's job" like never before. Heavy metal industry, truck driving, anything.

Bandit fits in perfectly here with its heavy leather. Fits the lifestyle of women, fits the look of the movie stars too. Actresses looked rather vampy and dramatic during that time, not "cute".

I get the leather straight out from the second I spray, though it's not supposed to be in the opening. Quite masculine, but all the flowers tone down the aggresiveness.
As it settles,it mellows up very much with a distinct sweetness perfectly balanced with the leather. At the last stage the animalic notes adds sensuality and seductiveness - and a sort of understated femme fatale mood.

Bandit is a masterpiece. Depicts an era perfectly, but not by any means dated. (I don't know what "dated" means in perfumery anyway). This type of perfume is so unusual these days, which makes it a real statement fragrance. A beauty.

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

Taking advicefrom Lovingthealien, I reboot my sense of smell. Bandit may never pack a holler as does Azuree, but I had no idea how refined a composition I was dealing with. Bandit fools you with its monster green of an opening, but even there there is never a hint of screechy harshness to make one gasp. The woodsy burst is joined by flowers not of the loud, brash cloying hothouse variety, but tiny, wild, and sweet and continuing on the herbal theme. Sweet, grassy Camomile tea comes to mind.This is my kind of floral-uncultivated,deep in the meadow.I love when I get earthy whiffs of marijuana from time to time.I also forgot to mention the leather I don't smell at all (which I do like).
I am in awe of Bandit-it is my heroin. I also love Azuree and Cabochard; layering all three is the best. I have established my Holy Trinity of Fragrances.

Catty
Catty

For me, its to Heavy, to Sharp to be a female scent. I would Love to feel that on my Husband, in an elegant Situation, on the evening.

The Quality is upmost, but as a Woman, I would Never use it.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Ah! The birth of the famous butch leather fragrances - Bandit, Cabochard, Aramis, Azuree.

It is most similar to Cabochard, and least similar to Azuree. Bandit is a peculiar specimen, however, different from the others in several ways.

While the others have a tiny degree of sweetness, Bandit really goes overboard on the bitter, dry notes, with the frankincense and civet in particular adding a bitter bite to the earthiness that is the trademark of these leather chypres. While the others have a good blend of sweet citruses in the top notes to ease the opening a bit, Bandit gives it to you straight, with an unadulterated bitter green opening that is truly shocking. Instead of a very blended, subtle floral element, Bandit plays with the popular fresh soapy floral fragrances of the time and bends them into something ugly and dark, mirroring its statement on femininity.

The others, and Aramis especially, are much more accessible. They are catty, certainly, but Bandit is a total bitch. The others are foresty, classy, and chic, but Bandit surpasses them all. It is the very essence of a twisted, poisonous sensuality. I can imagine Cruella DeVille would have worn bandit rather well.

My bottle of the EDP was actually a gift from a generous basenoter who loved Azuree but couldn't handle Bandit. I feel guilty wearing it tonight, because I know what a beautiful treasure they passed on to me.

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

better stock up now...perfume shrine blog says it is going to on another reformulation process

9-na
9-na

I have vintage that's on my "I love" shelf, and today's Bandit was a present. Well... Vintage is a tyre on me. It's on the ground. Weeds, dark, green, strong weeds grow in it, through it, around it. A nice flower is about to bloom, too. The scent hides and comes back, it hides again, it comes back... The flower does bloom. The weeds are there with it, making it smell even better, and the tyre is simply wonderful. Modern Bandit tries to smell this way, but it doesn't, it's just another scent that isn't bad, but it isn't Bandit. It's louder, the tyre is too clean, the weeds are too tame, the flower has nothing wild left in its nature.

rosalie68
rosalie68

Some days, the EDP makes me sneeze. Perhaps it's the weather. The parfum is very subtle. I sniffed at my wrist and was wondering if I had put any on at all (but left it as with parfume "less is more' is NEVER wrong). Half an hour later I pushed my hair away from my face, caught the scent trail as it breezed back down to my side and went "Wow". NICE.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

As im quite new to the "Hobby" that is perfume-mania , I hadnt had any experience with leather perfumes before i got a great bunch of samples off a fragrantican some time ago , when I had realised that one genre missing from my small but growing wardrobe was LEATHER. Getting to opp to test 2 well loved leathers was great :)

I was hoping to love one or the other and then i could make a purchase which would go towards a "proper" frag wardrobe that covers all genres/eras/styles............( Im still a long way off that dream , but im getting there slowly but surely , bottle by bottle , step by step!)

..........On first test all those months ago , i didnt care for either Cabochard or Bandit , however , as i didnt hate bandit as much as the former , i knew id give it a re-test in the future.

Having a quiet night in , i thought id give the 2 popular leathers a 2nd chance. Side by side comparison

I have Cabochard on one wrist on bandit on the other. In all honesty i still dislike cabochard intensely , its too dry , too harsh and it reminds me of old ash trays . Sorry to fans - no offence intended , just stating my honest opinion. On the other hand , BANDIT has grown on me and gone from dislike to like. Compared to the Cabochard it is so much smoother , and a little sweeter i cant isolate any 1 floral , but the touch of sweetness is there. The best thing about BANDIT is I can actually detect a warm, , sexy robust leather smell from start to finish. It reminds me of my dogs leather harness or a horses saddle. Strangely comforting! I can also detect the green chypre facets - Oakmoss n Galbanumn , which is all good as i love oakmoss/chypre scents. The floral sweet nuance is blooming more now ( 2 hrs into wearing) , i also detect a slight BO note , must be the civet ( i have never smelt isolated civet , but im pretty sure its the culprit of the sweat note here!) , the sweat/BO note is not too strong and it goes well with the blend IMO , it doesnt put me off. It actually smells quite appealing , in the way a lovers leather jacket with there body smell on could be an aphrodisiac.

The sweet floral and chypre touches make this BANDIT infinitely more wearable than Cabochard IMO.

I dont know on which occasions id wear this perfume I think it would be nice as one to wear just for myself as a bedtime "comfort" scent. ( i love to smell a perfume on my arm as i fall asleep , does anyone else have this odd behaviour! ) I cant stop sniffing my arm and i think a purchase is in order , a decant maybe. Im glad i gave this a 2nd chance . Cabochard however is a no-no , its just "too much" , maybe it clashes with my chemistry.

A side note on Gres - Out of a 20+ testers the only 3 I disliked were Cabochard-Gres , Ambre de cabochard - Gres, Cabotine-Gres . I had thought that Gres is not for me , until i tried Caberet - which is a lush vintage rose vibe . Thank God for Caberet , or id have written Gres off compleley!

judyk
judyk

Thank goodness for the lovely and surprising sillage of Bandit (1999). Tempted as always to sniff my wrists, I find the skin scent is all leather and oakmoss, but the air around me is suffused with aldehydes and flowers with just enough leather and oakmoss for that vintage 1940's feel.

I'd love to try the original (no surprise there!). There's a 60ml/2oz vintage bottle going on "that" auction site right now. Only £579/$900 *cough*. I suppose 50 or so of us could pool together for a ml each. ;-)

ETA 30Aug12: I snagged a small vintage (60's possibly?) edt and did a side-by-side testing. Initially they smell identical but after a few minutes the new Bandit releases a slightly fresher, "younger" floral than the vintage. The vintage, though, has a deeper, sexier base that seems to be missing in the new.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Power vintage; oakmoss and aldehydes. It gets juicier and flowerier with time. Creamy bearable drydown. Howevez it remains strong, cloying and semi-syntheticy. It's one of those versatile fumes for either undercover classy and/or boozy nights out,lol
Too much for me. This is geared for mature dominatrix generation to be more specific.

Strong and far from tenderness leather chypre.

It really reminds made of leather things scent a lot!

Most of all I feel the leather, neroli, jasmine, ylang-ylang, vetiver and oakmoss notes in this fragrance, which make it intensive and a little bit sharp. The vetiver note really makes the leather note more deep and the fragrance more leathery in general as the result. The neroli note is intensive enough and makes this chypre citrusy green. Besides, the vetiver note and the moss note brings associations with a forest scent.

Despite it's strong, it smells understated enough. The lasting power of this fragrance is really good.

I rather like this fragrance than don't, but I think that it will be suitable only while wearing the leather jacket or something like this to seem rather elegant than rude and overpowering.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I don't like to leave short reviews but there is no need for a long winded discussion about Bandit (Current Version).

Someone mentioned in a review that it reminded them of Tom Ford "Black Orchid". I say very true but I'd like to add :

" Smells like a toned down floral TF Black Orchid with musk and a mild leather note. The leather is muddled and not in front as much as I would like. The musk is more obvious to me. Exotic spices can be smelled hovering on top"

I was looking for a replacement for Cuir De Russie Chanel because of longevity issues. This is not the one !

Bold and Brash but in a feminine way. I can get into some gender bending scents but I WOULD NOT want to be in public wearing this.

gerhard.mulder
gerhard.mulder

Since I've bought this I've worn it almost non-stop, and all I can say is: Leather, oak moss and civet? I'm on board. This fragrance is fearless yet vulnerable; pure sex yet loving; so subtle and yet so dirty. This fragrance is for those who understand sex and love and heartbreak and breaking hearts. I would spend a night with someone wearing this, wishing it would turn into an eternity, but knowing it will all inevitably end with the sunrise.

velb95
velb95

IT
Ho incontrato questo profumo al Smell Festival 2012 di Bologna durante la presentazione meravigliosa FRAGRANZE MAI UDITE con Bernard Bourgeois – Osmothèque Paris. Non sono riuscito a credere che sia stato creato nel 1944. È un vero capolavoro dei tutti i tempi: animalesco, fiorito e aromatico, sensuale e provocativo, magico e seducente. Ogni volta che lo annusi, senti una nota diversa che improvvisamente salta fuori dalla composizione. Le note di testa neanche loro vengono svanite, ma si abbassano come la luce del tramonto, come i ricordi lontani del passato, come l'amore mai perduto, che con una nota animale dominante scuote l'animo ancora e ancora.

EN
I came across this perfume on Smell Festival 2012 of Bologna during the wonderful presentation FRAGRANCES EVER HEARD with Bernard Bourgeois - Osmothèque Paris. I could not believe it was created in 1944. It's a true masterpiece of all times: animal, floral and aromatic, sensual, provocative, seductive and magical. Every time you smell it, a different note is suddenly pops up. The top notes are never vanished, but dim as the light of the sunset, as the memories of the past, such as love which can never be lost, and with a dominant animal note shakes your soul again and again.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

I am very happy that I was able to get my hands on a pre-formulated mini of this perfume. Let me preface this review by saying that any scent with leather as one of the main accords in it is hard for me to like. I primarily associate leather based fragrances with scents marketed toward males, anyway. But Bandit is pretty good. The immediate scent is definitely leather, almost overwhelmingly so. This leather is wonderfully different...a beautiful, rebellious, trailblazing, yet vulnerable type of woman would wear this leather (think Gia Carangi back in her hey day), not the kind of leather you would find on the Kelly Caleche twinset wearing, tennis playing girls at the country club. Soon after, the vetiver comes in and settles plushly into a background of soapy smoke. My fiancee and I both put it on last night and we both love it! I don't want to use it up, so I'm going to use it sparingly, but the rumors are true...Bandit is awesome.

dodacon
dodacon

Everybody seems to want to show off when they write reviews of BANDIT. I am not like that. I have been wearing a succession of formulations of BANDIT since 1977, and this makes me an authority. I was aghast when I rewatched LA MAMAN ET LA PUTAIN (1973) and heard Francoise Lebrun say "I hate that scent!" How could she, how dare she? I will tell you this: if you are a dummy, and you spray great troglodyte squirts of BANDIT, you will never understand how it smells or what it is like to wear it. Enroll in a remedial class in finger control - then try once more and tell me your revised opinion of BANDIT... I am quite simply appalled at this state of things...

sateni
sateni

Luckily I just bought a trial of this perfume. I was looking so much forward to wear this, I was intrigued but....I just can't make myself like this one. I've tried it a couple of times but I get headaches from it. I do smell the wonderful sides of it, and also the lesser ones, but it leaves me cold, and I feel as if I'm surrounded by concrete buildings and heavy traffic. This is a no go, unfortunately!

Scentrist
Scentrist

I just smelled this for the first time and only one thing came to mind: Deja vu.

Bandit is HUGE. Massive. It's big, brash, take-no-prisoners bold and a total throwback to everything that you would expect from an outspoken woman's power bomb. Smelling this was like a trip back into the 80's when something like this -- it smells so familiar to something else I simply knew but couldn't identify -- was the norm of fragrance, except this was even more than just the norm.

It pronounces that the wearer has entered the room and now owns it in no uncertain terms. The leather/civet/amber/musk combination at the base is surreal. It's a truly great fragrance, though on many it will seem anachronistic and too powerful and without subtlety. It's strong, but the subtle message beneath is animalic and signals enticement -- that it draws others in is the subtlety.

But it's certainly not for everyone and something you need to spend a day wearing to understand the reaction from yourself and others.

Confection10
Confection10

Yes; there is two different version of Bandit edp. Another reminds Azuree or Cabochard, another is more floriental-chypre, but beautiful as it is. I have them both. Labels are similar, only liquid inside differs

Minna<3

Hi Bandit:

Yes I am sure.
I like heavy scents, so maybe I am used to wearing them.
I bought a new sample on the net, to test it.
If you want to, I can send you the sample..?
Let me know!

Bandit
Bandit

to fanny:

Are you 100% sure you tested Bandit? Because everything you said doesn't fit, imho:

It's strong like hell and not subtle at all, very un-80s, strong strong leather, no "soft" flowers. It's the bomb to my nose.

EdT (older) and the extrait are more subtle, but still throw themselfs at you.

Or did they change the formulation the last three to five years? I'm a little frightened right now...

EDIT: As fanny let me kindly sniff her (genuine!!!) sample, I'd say, that the sample was off. I guess, Bandit is still the beast. :)

I like Bandit.
At the same time, this reminds me of so many 80's chypres, which, actually had more character.
Very subtle for a leathery scent, later on, soft flowers.
Sure, I will gladly use up my vial (probably in less than 2 days, as it is rather weak), but I don't think I'll be buying this Piguet.

EDIT 27th march 2012
After correspondence with Bandit (sic), she tested my vial and it seemed weak indeed and must be "off".
The above review is no longer valid..!

drummagick
drummagick

Received a tiny bottle of vintage parfum this morning, dabbed a little on the back of my hand and the opening was total skank! Civet, I guess. That opening settled down very quickly and turned into a heavy floral over a hint of dirty ashtray. After an hour and a half, I had to lightly wash some of it off so I could bear to explore it throughout the day. It was just....too much.

It's not that I don't like it, I'm just not sure what to think of it. I've never smelled anything like this!

My first thought was, this is one naaaaaasty perfume, and I don't mean that in a bad way. A very unsettling perfume.

I can hardly wait to shock someone with it.

kris919
kris919

really Bandit, is that all you got? While I find this an interesting scent, I cant help but be disappointed. Here's why: The first hour is herbs, herbs, herbs, sharp, peppery, very slightly soapy, and heavy on the green herb. Smells like green peppery cooking herbs. Then the leather appears, the leather is on the down low, it's not loud, it's not a dominatrix, it's not going to remind you of a bad girl smoking a cig on a motorcycle...no way. And if at any moment you blow on your skin to bring out the notes more strongly, you'll get hit in the face with more of those green herbs. Wait a few and the low-key leather returns. This is a thin leather jacket left in a herb garden, then it rains, and days pass. then you find the jacket and put in the trunk of your car, and you forget its there. Then you bring it in the house, hang it up, and never really wear it. I do kinda like the leather of it, but I wish it was stronger. I so hate the opening. Why the top notes are strong and the leather is not is beyond me. Sometimes, skin chemistry blows.

Henriette
Henriette

I am among those who think Bandit is similar to Cabochard. True but incomplete. Cabochard is airy, gentle, muted; Bandit is strong, vivacious, witty. None is better than the other as they are so different in their expressing themselves. Personally I like Bandit more but for the simple reason that I have used Cabochard for so many years that I feel like a little change now. Only for this. Cabochard is perfection and Bandit is a perfection under a different view.
Both are gorgeous, both make you feel you are elegant, self confident and, well, maybe no longer in your 20es.
I also understand many would cringe at this being called "feminine" with the leather, a little tobacco and some bitter notes. But I think elegance is an attitude and the way you smell when the smell is good can define you as an elegant person. And here the smell is so, so, so very good.
I was lucky enough to buy a bottle (at a perfumer's shop) with a little sticker saying this is the original formula so I understand the original Bandit is still around and still sold in "official" channels.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

My sample of the EdP concentration starts out as a matte, slightly soapy, greenish, non-sweet, scent with low-key leathery-animalic undertones. As it dries down, the initial strong flatness gives way to a softer, ylang-ylang chypre-type scent, and I can’t help but wonder if this has lost some of its original top notes, since I don’t smell any of the galbanum that’s supposed to be present.

Oddly, the citrus doesn’t appear until 30 minutes into the drydown, when I start smelling orange peel for a short time. I don’t find this to be a predominantly leather scent, so maybe the leather was mostly lost in reformulation. Sillage is moderate at first, with regression to a skin scent after the first couple of hours. The scent on skin persists for at least 5-6 hours.

Overall, even minus the galbanum, I like Bandit. It’s a conservative and enjoyable fragrance to wear, a vetiver-based chypre that’s not too floral.

id
id

Leather at its best together with oakmoss, galbanum and aldehydes. A note of civet is also very nicely composed into this scent. Bandit if perfect on my skin. A must try and must have for the lover of leather scents.

spookyjan
spookyjan

many years ago i was 20 i was invited out by a man who i had liked for ages..The date didnt go well,we just didnt click...i met this man again by chance 5 years later,an since we was by then both married we got talking about THE DATE back then,he commented that he thought i was too shy for him,i agreed an said i was shy in my earlier days,he then commented that even though he didnt want to see me again at that time,he never forgot the perfume i wore that evening.I have never had a man say this to me aprt from my now hubby..an yes in those days i wore Bandit.

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

Picture Holly Golightly picking up Terry Malloy (Brando "on the Waterfront") and having a night of wild abandonned sex. This is what she would smell like when she wakes up in the morning and tosses her knickers into her purse before sneaking out the door with a smirk on her face: like a proper lady laced with leather and sex. Fabulous!

JToronto
JToronto

This fragrance seems to be so polarizing. I expected something really challenging from the posts... biker girl, leather jackets, etc. Didn't experience this at all. It smelled GORGEOUS! Yes, the leather is there but it's balanced by flowers and something a little animalic... picture riding in a horse & carriage festooned with flowers, the horse is a little sweaty but not in a bad way. Very rich with a definite sweetness. Now, I love leather fragrances (Cuir de Russie, Knize Ten), but this one felt softer, richer, more floral and feminine... more balanced... I would choose this and let my beau wear the Knize, perfect match, now nice horsey, get me to the church on time! It also has a gradual "fade" without that "face powder" dry down of a lot of older perfumes, which is a big relief...

nogunsofar
nogunsofar

my bottle is almost empty now. I found this perfume is changing day by day when I smell it. when I just got it, the smell got inside of my head quickly after I sprayed on my whrist, and I didn't like it, cos it's really strong, especially about 10 minutes later, all I can smell is leather and it gave me the headache, so i had to wash it.
But then, the smell is not like that anymore. it's like my brain or nose have getto use to it, and start to like it, cos it's so different and it proves that I am different.

This is a dark perfume, and it reminds me of this movie: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

jtd
jtd

It’s often said that Bandit is a love it or hate it fragrance, with the implication that greatness is divisive. Well I’m smack in the middle of the road with this icon. Bandit makes me wonder, even though I’m an enormous fan of both leathers and green chypres, if there’s something particular to its construction that neutralizes the defining elements of the two genres on which it's based. There are other leather chypres that appeal to me: No 19 EDP, Aramis, Heely’s Cuir Pleine Fleur, Rabanne’s La Nuit, possibly even Cuir de Lancome and Scherrer de Scherrer (questionable that they’re both leather chypres or, respectively a floral leather and a green chypre.)

After the first sweeping minutes of Bandit, the chypre and the leather seem to cancel each other out and Bandit isn’t as vehement as either a strong green chypre or a nice, rough leather. The basenotes are dry but calm and feel more woody than anything else. Not particularly bitter, not smoky.

Bandit doesn’t entirely satisfy either my chypre or leather urges. I reach for other green chypres, leathers, and even more satisfying leather chypres like Azurée far more often.

14maurice
14maurice

Finally! It arrived from Europe. My first vintage Bandit. Holly mother of pearl leather, leather and yet more leather. Start Is strong leather stays leather to end. This Is one tough bitch!!!

delphine67
delphine67

For me bandit has a sour note wich I dont like. It has also a sharp leathery note.
This is not a scent for me to harsh and to sour

LaPetite
LaPetite

The first time i have tested it , i disliked it .
I gave it another chance , and liked it after all ! I guess i had a " tired nose syndrom " the first time .
And it's a big surprise to me because i usually HATE the leather note , really , it makes me sick , but i guess the combination with flowers makes it more " wearable " for me , so i like it ! It's original , deep and complex . All that you can expect from a niche perfume !

olga1780
olga1780

Wow, the EDP is a hell of a leather scent! i thought Madame Jolie was hard core leather, but it pretty much pales in comparison to Bandit. I can't see myself wearing it with anything other than black leather outfits or some kind of black pant outfit as it is not what you call a feminine scent.

At first all you can smell is overpowering leather, but 30 minutes later some sweeter notes join in that remind me of Youth Dew and make it sexier and more appealing.
Buy a smaller bottle, with it's intesity it will last you until the death do us part!

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

I put Bandit EDP on last night and after much reflection, here are my thoughts. The beginning is intense and overwhelming in the most positive sense. It takes you for a ride and you don't know what to expect next. I find it thoroughly feminine. It is like the essence of feminine power, of assertiveness. After 2 hours is when the most amazing of all dry downs came up, extremely sensual and less aggressive. I love Bandit and will crave for it from time to time.

pippab
pippab

This is for the re-formulated version. Peeyew!! I purchased this perfume after reading good reviews, and I found it to be so intolerable that I gave it to my gym trainer after she asked what it was. I couldn't get rid of it quick enough. It reminded me of a dirty ashtray.

I can see the similarities between Bandit and Cabochard, but where Cabochard is totally wearable, Bandit is a scent that can be worn by few women successfully.

I'm sure it could be appreciated by a very brave, self confident and strong woman, but I'm afraid I couldn't bring myself to persevere with it, and I'm no shrinking violet. I like my fragrance to be noticed, but Bandit was not for me.

Grottola
Grottola

This review is for the current Eau de Parfum of Bandit.

I've never smelled any of the original pre-1999 reformulations or any other concentration, but hopefully this one gives me a decent idea. I will say that Bandit is probably the most bi-polar fragrance I've ever smelled. The top notes are all about dark, smokey leather, the coveted smell that Bandit is known for. It's pretty masculine in my opinion and the combination of neroli and leather smells great.

THEN, without a moment's notice, as soon as the top notes start to fade Bandit morphs into a fruitier Mitsouko. Like, a fruity chypre. It's not as powdery or distinct as Mitsouko but that fruity chypre structure is right there, and I'm left wondering what happened to the awesome leather I was just smelling. It's dark and bitter for maybe 30 minutes, and then does this to me? BANDIT, YOU BI-POLAR BITCH, YOU!

It's not bad by any means. I kinda like it. But that's what Bandit EdP does on my skin. I will say it lasts a really long time.

I wanna try the vintage formulations and the EdT of Bandit to see what it's REALLY like, because this has got me curious. Overall, the current EdP isn't bad but it's not the cold, hard closet masculine that everyone makes it out to be, except in the top.

Unfortunately I've never had the chance to smell the original version of Bandit, but I can say this reformulation is still HUGE! A majestic striaghtforward bitter leather chypre and one of the few in the genre to absolutely stand out. It opens with a bold and strong animalic note that dominates the whole scent throughout. Green notes, white flowers and woods, joined by slight spices in the drydown, soften the general harshness and severity. A perfect creation, unique and surely a trendsetter in the leather/chypre genre. Bandit is a serious contendant to other masterpieces of the same family such as Knize Ten or Cuir De Russie but where the latters strike as luxurious and enveloping, the former is definitely among the most severe and "cold" compositions available on the market. A masterpiece and an all time favorite.

A must try for anybody!

semj
semj

oona noir.........Badass Bandit horsey girl probably divulges in some very nasty extracurricular nighttime activites (too nasty toomention here). She is quite the lady by day but more O at night...........

oona noir
oona noir

I was so excited to try Bandit, wanting to get a whiff of a real badass. I tried the parfum and I got NONE of the biker girl associations. Bandit lives in a stately manor and gardens flowers in the afternoon. And when she's done with that, she goes and rides her horse. She loves show jumping. I was so bitterly disappointed with the Bandit on my wrist, who was absolutely the furthest thing from a bandit, that I haven't tried my edt yet. I wonder if it will be different, but I'm starting to wonder if I will ever manage to give the edt a spin. The parfum was that boring. :(

Cereza
Cereza

Leather is just not my thing. First I should add that. But, if there would be no leather note I would be all over Bandit and sniff it all the time.
It has a lovely green openining, which is very soapy and somehow clean yet being rough and "criminal" from the leather and I believe greeness and sharpness of carnation.
Altough I cannot imagine myself wearing this because of the leather note, I can easily understand it's uniqness and the fact that so many love this. It's a masterpiece as every other Robert Piguet fragrance. I'll stick with flowery ones though, but if you're ok with leather and not afraid to be "femme fatale", give it a try and you'll be surprised of the quality of this wonderful gem.

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

I can't imagine a more aptly named fragrance. It's not just a leather-jacket-wearing badass, it's a BANDIT. This fragrance somehow gets to the heart of the character, not just the look. It smells like almost rubbery leather - like burning tires AND a leather jacket! - without any other notes being particularly detectable... certainly not the flowers! (Though no civet either, on me anyway.) It starts with leather, and ends with leather, with leather in between.

I was hoping that I could get transformed into one of those bandits-at-heart, as janudy can do when she puts this on, but some people are just mild-mannered Clark Kents with no attitude in the tank, like me, it seems *sob*. (Well, I can get attitudinal, but in the wrong sense.) I'm just going to go quietly cry in the corner now...

Sissi
Sissi

Bandit is a woman who loves to take control of the opposite sex with one scent Leather! not fooled around with
leather not synthtic uncut muskiness that makes it's appeal for ages.
So what makes Bandit special? of course
we have the main ingredient leather what makes it diffent then other leather scents is the supporting florals that makes it a bit of an Feminine touch with the powdery feel of violets dries to a underpining of Spicy texture of Carnation and jasmine with it's secretive aura is a mysterious
personality that rarely exsist in today's perfumery and veltet feel of
rose.

I also admire is that green notes that consists of artemesia not listed are a bit of grass and the freshness of Aldehydes adds to the sharp and clean scent that is unique to Bandit.

The Drydown is a dark rasianish drydown of myyrah adds to the esoteric feel the warm amber with it's sweet raisenish scent blends to make it a bit sweetish
with patches of musk makes it a bit masculine The Amimalistic properties
of Civet makes it primal and untamed.

And with the mossy finish of oakmoss
and the elusive undertone of Patchouli ends with an earthy finish.

What does Bandit conjours up to me
is an Pale and Slender woman with Black
hair with Black Leather Gloves and Leopard langerie with a Leopard amimal
printed backround Ala 1950's Pinup
or in a role of the female Dominatrix boss in the corprate workforce around the meeting on a long table full of men controling every rule they do.

This is not a Girlie Girl scent not for a woman who does not want make waves or shy quiet passive personality this is
an scent that demands repect and your
Attention.

Robert Piguet BANDIT opens as a heavy leather fragrance. It's really almost stifling, even sparingly applied. After a few minutes, the dark and strong leather-myrrh amalgamate begins to subside and the composition becomes somewhat more feminine, though in something of a stealth-bomber way. "Bandit" seems to me to be a very apt name indeed, for this is the scent of a woman who steals the hearts of men, a bona fide femme fatale.

I initially did not understand how BANDIT could be considered a chypre as opposed to a leather fragrance. I mean, if this isn't leather, what in the world is???? The key here is that the drydown does eventually, after breaking through a nexus of leather whips, exhibit a chypre quality.

BANDIT is a very appealing creation, which I might add to my collection, as I like it even more than CABOCHARD or CUIR de LANCOME. My only concern is that I don't actually wear leather perfumes that often, as they strike me as inappropriate for most (certainly diurnal!) contexts.

janudy
janudy

Someone at nstperfumes once wrote that "Bandit is drinking and smoking and leather jackets, and running around at all hours getting into all sorts of mischief." I could not agree more--this is a dry, brown leather jacket covered in dark green moss that's been thrown in the dirt. I don't wear this when I want to feel pretty or sweet. I wear this when I need to feel like a bad-ass even though my knees are shaking and all I want to do is hide.

gr3g
gr3g

I had luck to buy new version which has on box written in french that this is original formula (from 1944), so I write about the best version :P
anyway this is indeed the strongest female fragrance ever, many male use it and I also, on the begining it is the sharpest, middle and base notes are much more polite and floral than first sniff. Scent is dark, rough, confident, little bit elegant and oh yeah damn sexy.

Kterhark
Kterhark

When I first tried Bandit one thing came to mind: All-night Diners.

I wasn’t sure where my mind was going with this; did I think it smelled cheap? (it does have a watered down base). Do I associate it with the smoking section? (yes, a little)
But then it clicked. In college I waitressed at a 24-hour diner, along with a sixty year old woman who came in every evening to work the night shift. I think she wore Bandit.

She was quick witted, loved her cigarette breaks and knew how to take late night customers in stride. My shift overlapped hers for a few hours, which I always looked forward to.
One night a family came in and told me it was their son’s birthday. This meant they wanted the free, 3-bite birthday cake we handed out. After their meal I went to the freezer to get the cake, and realized we were out.

Panicked, I told my co-worker my problem. Without batting an eye my Bandit wearing partner in crime placed a 12 oz paper cup upside down on a plate, covered it with whipped cream, decorated it with cherries and topped it off with a burning candle (which she lit with her own cigarette lighter.) “There’s your cake,” she said.

To me Bandit is the smell of competence.

Update.
I suppose it was only a matter of time. Bandit has been reformulated /tamed.

Fragrance X, a USA site has a few items of the original formulation as well as a separate listing for the new version.

I have used this site from Australia with no problem using paypal.

Will be interested to read a review of new Bandit (label has yellow print ).

efm

Bandit is difficult, as uncompromising as all hell. However I believe you don't have to be a hell-raiser to wear it successfully - just not give a damn what anyone else thinks.

I love it but I don't expect compliments when I wear it, when they come, you look at that person in a new light.

As ageless as black leather - from little Goths to cool nanas.

However heed the warning - use the RP web site as a knock-off could be noxious.

adele l
adele l

I love piguet as a rule-but not this. Smells exactly of leather in a new vehicle. I get no floral notes on my skin..it is unique but not really wearable

NatWeb
NatWeb

While not especially my type if fragrance, Bandit is fantastic. The quality just reasonates with every sniff. To me, it smells like a man's bathroom: leather, wood, soap and mint. Wears extremely close to the skin and is discreet, notoverpiwering. For those who like out of the ordinary fragrances, this is one for you.

hollycat
hollycat

Sometimes I like to wear perfumes, close my eyes, and allow images to come in. I like to do this with fragrances that are unique and different. But with Bandit I could barely stand this ritual I do. This scent is not loud or aggressive to me, like many of the reviewers noted. On my skin it smells like a very cheap mens after shave. Its soapy and pungent and painful. The only image it evokes is an accidental spillage of gasoline.

rithacha
rithacha

So far, Piguet is THREE FOR THREE in my book. And each perfume is so DISTINCTIVE and magnificent in its own category that I'd love to try the rest of the house. Compared to Fracas and Baghari, Bandit definitely the most difficult to pull off. If Fracas is an hourglass-shaped Marilyn Monroe with the fringed doe eyes, and Baghari is a malicious fairy, Bandit would be a gaunt rebel with safety-pins decorating her leather jacket and the lost face of a waif.

Before you meet her, you HEAR her. Loud. Banshee. Scream. It reminds me of the prolonged rumble of a motorbike, instantly filling the room with exhaust and black noise. It's an edgy snap of spices and citruses, louder and darker than most other chypres I've tried. Then you see a short-haired woman, dressed head to foot in black leather (in my imagination, she has piercings and tattoos all over). She immediately pushes all the wrong buttons, from her outlandish red lips, the rips on her pants, to her coughing bike, but she doesn't give a **.

After this point, maybe you're brave enough to sit next to her and have a few drinks. She's actually quite a talker. Ran away from home, she dumped her boyfriend when he got boring, loves chai tea, what about you? Layers of florals, edgy carnation and patchouli. Before you know it, you've talked into morning and the bar is empty. Well, she gets up and stretches in her supple leather clothes, it's time to go. You realize you didn't even ask her name. But from her sharp head to her leather shoes, you should already know, right?

c3c
c3c

Sorry Bandit fans...I can't stand this. It's extremely masculine, but I wouldn't even want to smell it on man. For me it's simply terrible. True I tend to be a fan of more feminine fragrances, I adore Fracas, I made it 30min. with Bandit. I don't think it's a matter of being able to wear it or not wear it image wise, it's a matter of liking what you're wearing.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Wow, this is awe inspiring! I bought it unsniffed, the EDP; it arrived with the authenticity seal on. I was expecting it to be more brutal, after the reviews I read, but no. It's strong, spicy, incensy, leathery, floral, hot, all in the same time. Very sexy in my opinion,in a non romantic,kinky kind of way; powerful, a definite head turner, not for people under 25. After a while, musk, soft leather, definitely chypre, exotic flowers come; definitely no sweetness, vanilla or fruits; none of that. Yet very feminine, I don't see how this could pass for unisex; maybe the edt...but not the edp. Mysterious at its best, elegant, adventurous. Almost like a mixture of all Chanels perfume, to which smoke and leather was added; reminds me of Coco Chanel mostly, with a hint of Shalimar and a dash of No.5, plus some greens and leather. Very close to perfection, I am delighted with it!
edit:
My nose must have changed... still have 70ml of this, for swap, if anyone wants it... I just cannot wear it anymore, I am not strong enough for Bandit! when I spray it, I feel the perfume wears me and not the other way around, as it should be. Just too much!

I never expected to fall in love with this fragrance, but here I am finding a new love for leather-based scents.

Bandit is definitely not a shy fragrance. This wants to be loud and I'm happy to let it do its thing. The composition is mostly sharp green notes, with surprisingly lots of soft flowers and rich, hard leather notes. This is truly an intense olfactory pleasure in one sniff.

In truth this fragrance isn't as strong as you might think, it's not girly that's for sure but it's still very feminine. This is for a woman of confidence and strength, not necessarily a raunchy woman, just a woman that knows what she wants.

Like alcohol, Bandit is strong and fierce like a glass of straight vodka, not those watered down, lolly-flavoured vodka beverages.

Overall I still cannot believe that I love this dry, smokey, leathery and almost bitter fragrance. Bandit truly is a masterpiece.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I had to try this scent again-
The last time I grappled with this one, I decided the pungency of this herbacious leather is best for a bit of gender-bending-or just demonstrating the old wisdom of Coco Chanel: "A woman shouldn't smell like flowers--A woman should smell like a woman."
And I put the sample back in the drawer, to spray on one of my fragrances which smell like flowers.
Why did I start thinking about Bandit, with its green-bourbon-animal-leather harshness so many times after deciding I could never wear it?
Because I changed my mind! Or it was at the back of my mind....That this scent is not pretty, not easy, not delicate....Nor juicy nor creamy....But I could wear it! I could imagine this on a few fierce (and a few quietly intense) women I know. I could imagine this on a few men I know too-fierce men in their own ways.

It may not be my weapon of choice, but it doesn't resemble anything else I've ever smelled. It's a puzzling opposite of Fracas.If people say this smells "old-lady-ish" I would have to ask them "Where are those ladies who wear this that you speak of?"

guest_guido
guest_guido

stellen sie sich eine dunkle nasse strasse morgens früh vor noch, in der luft liegt rauch u.benzin. eine strassendirne lehnt an einer hauswand.
so müssen sie sich bandit vorstellen, ein verruchter rauchiger fast männlicher duft Civet u. Bibergeil sind Bestandteile.
ein aussergewöhnlicher duft für noch aussergewöhnlichere frauen.

TigerLady
TigerLady

This is a rare scent, and to find it in authentic formulation is rarer, on-line. Do NOT take a chance on purchasing the obvious bootlegs you will receive if you order it at a ridiculously low price. I got stung like that. Bandit is not an easy fragrance to knock off, and the awful junk they'll send you for less than $50 will knock YOU off, it smells so bad. Use the Piguet direct-marketing Web site or the department stores. It costs the full retail price ($75 minimally), but it will be real, and if you love warm, sensual, stimulating aromas that will last, Bandit will be one of your most coveted EDPs, too. There are so many different kinds of notes blended with the basic chypre mix--amber, musk, moss, wood--it's difficult to pinpoint them all, but they all go very well, and this can also be layered beneath a green floral with an amber, woodsy, or musky base for a very intriguing result.

rainbowfrog
rainbowfrog

hmmm difficult to describe this perfume. i was given this perfume by a friend of mine, 1st time i sniffed, it smelt so unique..felt like i ve never known such a complicated smell. everytime i smell it, it gives me different phases. sometime feel its " madame" , i mean, elegant, sophisticated, noble..to match a elaborate dress, sometime feel so masculine, yes smell for Pirates, bandits actualy, such perilous smell. afterall, this perfume will always give you a new perception, impression. when i was wearing it , the friend who gave me this perfume said " i found bandit, firstly this perfume then an woman,you are bandit " deep leather,smoky smell, i can never got bored with this. makes me feel special. real masterpiece.

BronxBeauty
BronxBeauty

Boy, this stuff sure does smell dangerous!

The olfactory equivalent of having (a much younger) Mick Jagger stick his tongue down your throat.

I personally love this scent. I hear many folks complain that it is vile, with a plastic or burnt rubber smell, etc.... I own eight of these, and some DO smell a bit different. There were a few reformulations of this scent, with Adrienne Arpel making an EDT for a while. The Robert Piguet website does NOT offer an EDT for sale at all.

On me, this is almost powdery, and I get many compliments. The drydown can be a bit sour on my skin, but it is not unpleasant. I have three bottles that DO have a sort of burnt rubber or resin smell when they first get sprayed though, so I am wondering if that smell just has something to do with the age of the bottles, as they all were purchased from the Piguet website, and all had the authenticity sticker on the wrapping stating it was the original formula. This smell IS a bit off-putting, but I actually do like it, and it eventually fades away and the drydown smells the same as the other bottles I have. I have had some of my bottles stored for seven years, and they still smell the same as the new one I have bought.

maggiesmeow
maggiesmeow

I wish ppl were a little more openminded--this is a horse and hound woman scent, a lady who steers her own sports car with leather driving gloves. Classy, panache, early Bond Girl and Mrs Peel. None of this silly bondage notion. One early ad was a lovely drawing of a black leather gloves holding a plucky bunch of wildflowers.

TheBritishEccentric
TheBritishEccentric

The amazingly unique BANDIT certainly takes no prisoners! Hard as nails, with no underlying softness whatsoever. Almost vinyl notes bordering on leather. A dominatrix of the perfume world it wealds it's whip with aggresive sensuality! Bandit is for the brave only, but once experienced you will be back again and again for a good whipping!! Sexy as hell!!

Trvevil
Trvevil

Bandit is very old fashioned perfume from the very (spicy) beginning til the very end. I could line in Bandit with such perfumes like L'Arte di Gucci and Soir de Lune Sisley (which I only sniffed out of the bottle). I didn't find it very agressive at all... maybe that's the way I am? Anyway, at the beginning it's quite spicy and something green is there as well, then, when settles down, it still has the green notes, leather and warmth.

Trinity
Trinity

Bandit is truly a beautiful but brutal fragrance!
Since I could not find it in my country, I had to order it from the US.

Bandit is strong, green and simply out of this world! If Bandit were a human, she would just look like the gorgeous Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.
Fearless, powerful, smart, dangerously beautiful and ready to beat up any (bad) guy! ;-)

On me it starts off very green and sharp...(reminds me of petrol, but in a good way). Soon it calms….becomes more flowery and leathery and close to the skin. The fragrance stays with you all day….now and then I get a swift of something beautiful close to me….and then I have to remind myself that is I that smells so divine!

For me, Bandit is a masterpiece….it was worth spending a fortune on this fragrance! Although, I do not wear it often in public….I rather keep it to myself….like a hidden treasure no one is allowed to know of…..my preciousssssssssss!

Robert White
Robert White

This is quite strong; starts out with a bitter orange note that segues into several minutes of the driest flowers in the universe, then a strong, almost acrid leather that smells to me like wet, dirty hair. I like it, it is definitely related to Aramis (the first perfume I ever wore, back at age 17), which is related to Cabochard (same perfumer), which relates to this. This is a tricky one to wear, and is not for everybody. It's not a happy, sunny, type of thing - it's dark, existential, and brooding, as far away from Lolita Lempicka (another favorite of mine) as you could possibly get. Still, a classic. Five stars.

rebella
rebella

I tried Bandit for the first time yesterday, thanks to lovely F_A. This review is only a little pre-review, since I most certainly try it a coupple of time to figure it out.

It is very strong at first, like knock out on bottle. But even if it is strong the notes are pleasant, but strange. Green, flowery, leathery and complex. Like having a unknown visitor from a time long gone. Actually iy makes me think of these girls in the victorian London burlesque-scene dressing out and performe as men. Absolutly intriguing.

It settle down after about an hour. Leaving something sweet, a heavy dose of leather and something green, aromatic reminding both me and my husband of cannabis. Lasted all evening, and I enjoyed it, but in a weird way. Definitly a fragrances that has to be carefully discovered and then appriciated, or maybe.. not? No, I guess I will like it, but this is of that kind you only shall wear when you feel strong at heart.

A classic, a must try if only for historical reasons. Or whatever...

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I've been testing this one for a week or so. Bandit (I tried the Eau de Parfum) is certainly unique. Fragrances just don't smell this way anymore, and there's obviously a reason why this one is still around. I would describe the scent as a flowery perfume sprayed on a leather jacket, with a bit of talcum powder on top. It's well-crafted and complex, evolving through different scent layers over time. Good persistance, too---the scent lasted all day long on my skin. I can't say exactly who this perfume would be right for. Definitely one to try before you buy, as not everyone will find Bandit to be a pleasant scent.

PR
PR

I didn't like it.. I am affraid 'Bandit' joins the row of perfumes I can't understand or appreciate it stands for me in the same shelf with YSL 'Y', Rive Gauche, some Chanels like N5 or N22, and others. Pity, the title was such a magnet to me, though less money to spend:)

megaoi
megaoi

Wow... newgabe's description is... interesting and... original. Sounds like a good scent; hope to try it soon.

Aiona
Aiona

There are apparently MANY different formulations of Bandit -- the eau de toilette (EdT) and the eau de parfum (EdP) being among them. I don't know which one I tried as it was a sample from a fellow perfume fanatic. I think it was the EdT, but I'm not sure. Anyway, from others' reviews, I expected this one to stink. But it didn't really. At least, not as bad as the opening of Dzing! The opening is very bergamot and galbanum. But that fades within an hour or so, and becomes LEATHER. LEATHER and something sweet. Like flowers or candied apples! And it stayed that way all. day. long. From about 8:00 AM to now (midnight). Long lasting and leathery. It's marketed for "women" but surely men can wear this one too! I am told that the EdP is less leathery and more subtle and flowery. So be aware, if you don't like one formulation, you might like another.

newgabe
newgabe

Wearing Bandit is an event in itself. There is simply no escaping it. Even one spritz starts aggressively strong, pungent and seriously leathery- but does not turn my stomach like Cuir de Russie. It stays true for many many hours then wears down as if it is part of the skin itself. It's incredibly sexy- like a half wild whore who has ridden from her last job on a powerful horse! Couldn't be more different to the shallow world of fruity pop celebrity perfumes!

Bandit by Robert Piguet 3.95 out of 5 based on 556 ratings and 123 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Bandit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Bandit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bandit by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bandit by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.