Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Calypso Robert Piguet for women

Calypso Robert Piguet for women
dislike

Calypso is a new version of the classic perfume from the 1950's, which was reformulated by the perfumer Aurelien Guichard. Calypso radiates romance, seductiveness and power, including the mystery and appeal of classical nymphs.

The fragrances is a combination of fiery and lush flower layers. Top notes: mandarin and geranium. Heart: Bulgarian rose, orris root and rose centifolia. Base: patchouli, amber and suede.

It is available as 30 and 100 ml EDP. Calypso was launched in 2010.

Geranium Mandarin Orange

L'Instant Magic

Calypso Fragrance Reviews

fragranstein
fragranstein

Amber ve paçuli temalı kokuları her sıktığımda genelde kendimi 80'lerdeki bol ahşap mobilyalı evlerde gibi hissederim ve bu his bana tatlı bir hüzün duygusu yaşatır. Calypso, bu hissiyatın üzerine muhteşem işlenmiş bir sardunya ekleyerek, sanki eski bahçeli bir ev içerisinde oturuyormuş havasını yaşatıyor bana.

Açılıştan kapanışa kadar sardunya kokusunu hissedebiliyorsunuz. En başlarda sardunya/gül teması ön planda açılıyor ve saatler ilerledikçe amber ve paçulinin kokusu belirginleşerek sardunyaya ahşapsı bir destek vermiş oluyor. Ben bu parfümün altına, kendi yaptığım ve sadece Amber'den oluşan bir kokuyu vücuduma deodorant gibi sıkıyorum. Böylece hem koku amber ile destekleniyor hem de kalıcılığı artıyor.

Calypso tende iyi denecek kadar uzun süre kalıyor ama farkedilirliği yüksek değil. Yakın temaslarda çok daha iyi algılanacak bir koku. Hafif, yaz ve bahar ayları için gayet uygun. Her ne kadar fragrantica'da for women yazsa bile kadınsı değil.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

The other day I looked up any fragrance which had the note suede as part of its overall aroma. Calypso was listed having some suede I just wasn't sure how much being a woman's frag. I remember seeing this fragrance at a sister store of TJMX, I was lucky and found a 100ml bottle EDP for only 40.
Having a Robert Piguet EDP for that price was worth making the purchase regardless being a blind purchase or not!
After spraying it on my skin, a blast of sweet aroma of floral notes with amber bring's it together beautifully with a warm vib. At first I thought it might be a bit sweet, after the fragrance settled the powdery scent with just a hint of suede gave it a really gorgeously islands aroma.
Longevity and Silage are very high lasting at least 8hrs.
My personal final throughs,
I must admit that if someone told me that I would enjoy wearing a woman's fragrance, I would of told them that there @$*& crazy. Since I have been a member of this website, I have opened my mind to what's considered a "woman's" fragrance...men could enjoy it just as much if it's appealing.
I now own Bandit which is much more of a herbal/spicy aroma with some leather notes perfect during the winter. Even Bandit has a real sweet appeal which makes you wonder how is it possible.
Now that I own Calypso it is definitely a sweet/floral aromatic scent which is excellent. I'm glad I bought this fragrance and will enjoy using it throughout the summer/fall months. 9.5/10 :))

jtd
jtd

Calypso has its finger in quite a few pies.  The aquatic note makes you think you're going down one road, but the floral quality says otherwise. Then there's the salty, smoky quality and a smooth suede notes. Oh, don't forget the powder.

Calypso is awkward and I can’t quite tell if it works.

The disparate notes don’t read as a complex formula. They’re awkward and make you think that the perfumer might have been indecisive about composing Calypso. The fragrance it most reminds me of is Gorilla Perfumes Breath of God, although I also catch a whiff of Parfumerie Générale Psychotrope's Jolly-Rancher-on -acid note. Calypso is arguably more worked out than Breath of God, but it’s also less interesting.

Quirky but mannered, Calypso feels like a conversation with someone who's accent you can't quite pin down. It leaves me with the suspicion of an dodged question, as if the perfume is resolved but I'm not quite.

ancaan
ancaan

I am in love.

I've ordered few perfume samples and this one was among them. I am absolutely obsessed with it! Stunning perfume! Luminous, feminine, graceful, elegant and urban. I can easily smell the geranium, which gives an almost tickling feeling to the pink and dewy rose. A little bit citrusy note is added to the velvety leather. This gorgeous perfume is a symphony of notes created for the nymphs.

becuille
becuille

This is so airy, elegant and feminine. It's just beautiful.

On my skin, the geranium is the star of the show. I'm so happy to have found a feminine geranium because I absolutely love the smell of it, but it's more common to find it in scents that lean towards the masculine. The rose is very subtle, it never becomes heady or difficult to wear, it stays very "pretty".

There's something old school about this but it doesn't feel like an imitation of anything. It's more classic perfume with a modern twist.

The dry down is beautifully powdery. I never get the patchouli on me, just a slightest hint of amber and a lovely, creamy suede.

It's so rare to find such a unique fragrance that's also very easy to wear.

You know those paintings you see of nymphs and muses dancing in meadows? That's what this smells like to me. It's just so free and happy.

I would never recommend blind buying any scent, but if you really wanted to do it, this would be the one it would be safe to do so with.

7-8 hours longevity, moderate sillage (other people notice it on me, but only when I'm up close).

I will definitely be getting a full bottle of this because, like Mary Poppins, it's "practically perfect in every way".

mutmiu
mutmiu

Calypso is a well-blended soft oriental fragrance, sophisticated, classy and ladylike. It has an elegant retro quality, yet it isn't a heavy vintage-styled perfume. The velvety rose, powdery iris and pale suede rest on the base of sweet amber. The whole fragrance has a mild, quiet, hazy character, although it is quite longlasting.

This scent is a hidden gem, a gentle beauty among the over-hyped, loud advertised - be it even niche or mainstream - perfumes.

CitrusHead
CitrusHead

Opens with a beautiful combination of lemony geranium and mandarin orange. Within a minute it turns into a powdery, lovely rose with undertones of amber & a hint of patchouli. The patchouli I can do without - I don't care for it but this is a really light and more amber version; not full-on patchouli. This is a really beautiful and sophisticated fragrance. A lovely ladylike scent that is not overpowering.

It's not for me because I can still catch those patchouli undertones but I can appreciate this one and would like it on someone else. It has a moderate sillage so if you apply lightly you won't offend. It lasts over 5 hours on my skin & longer on clothing.

christianne1
christianne1

Calypso is one of the greatest basically unknown (for me at least) fragrances I have tried. It starts with an absolutely stellar opening of mandarin and geranium, the kind of opening that causes your mouth to drop open. It turns to a powdery chypre "light"...a mossy, amber rose/iris floral with a smooth suede like feel. There may not be any moss listed and maybe the patchouli combined with the other notes could be creating this affect but whatever it is, it is chypre like, although subtle and delicate.

Calypso is understated elegance....but somehow it isn't stuffy. It remains inviting. I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal...and I feel totally comfortable in it even during the day. Honestly, it seems like the kind of scent that is perfect for any occasion, any season and any time of day. It is subtle but mesmerizing. I honestly can not imagine anyone just flat out not liking this. It is so incredibly well balanced and inoffensive. It is simply beautiful.

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

I don't know why I wasn't expecting much from this sample. Piguet's Baghari is one of my all time favorite scents, so it makes sense that I would find Calypso lovely. I've been searching for a wearable rose. Years of wearing Tea Rose scarred me to scents with particularly green scented roses. I love Lipstick rose, but only for special occasions. Calypso is the rose I have been looking for! The opening accord led me to believe I was in for a chypre, but on my skin the patchouli and moss faded quickly. Soon the rose and lots of soft powdery amber come out. They blend beautifully - it's soft, a little sweet, and warm. Nothing stands out too much. This is a sophisticated perfume - they don't make them like this anymore! I think a full bottle is in my future.

puncturedbicycle
puncturedbicycle

On me this is an old-fashioned ladylike powdery floral. I want to say it's in the style of Arpege but I don't mean that it smells like Arpege, more that it's so well-blended - it is Perfume with a capital P - that I struggle to discern individual notes. Powdery and floral definitely. Reminds me of a fragrant steamy bathroom but I think that's the powder. Also, off the top of my head I keep thinking of Oscar (OdlR) (which my mother wore in the 80s), and Vanderbilt. Not a peak experience for me (not really my kind of thing) but pleasant, hard to dislike.

spidola
spidola

The woman who wears Calypso has the Mona Lisa’s smile!

This perfume is so discreet, reserved, but also so charming. It’s like a morning mist, where you might miss. I like a lot the story of this perfume - Calypso was the name of a beautiful nymph who loved Odysseus and kept him on her island for seven years.

I can feel rose, geranium and a lot of powdery notes…. I guess it’s iris. And I can detect some sweet amber. But the key word of all composition is “SOFT” – seems like the perfume has been hided under a soft cashmere blanket.

BEAUTIFUL!

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

FYI folks, I am pretty sure that this perfume was named for the nymph from Greek mythology who kept Odysseus captive on her island for years and years.

I doubt that it has anything to do with the Caribbean music style.

varykino
varykino

My very favourite kind of rose is the old-fashioned 'moss' roses, those with the resinous crest on the green base and stem of the bud. The scent transferred to your skin when you rub your fingertips against the sticky resin is addictive, simply intoxicating — aromatic-herbal, rich-warm-green-sweet. Yet it seems almost impossible to find this very specific facet touched upon in rose fragrances.

The patchouli-suede accord in Calypso is beautifully refined, and sketches the shape of a classical chypre onto a dry, yet rich, red rose. I have only a vague idea of what rose geranium smells like, but I wonder if it's that, along with the patchouli/suede, that imparts the moss-rose-like, aromatic note to this perfume. It's underpinned by powdery orris and given further depth by a soft amber that gives me whiffs of associations to the rosy warm amber of Chamade's drydown. But Calypso is much drier, more linear and aromatic, with touches of almost a coffee note from some angles.

I visualise Calypso as a grown-up, warmly confident woman, with a wry, adorable smile. She is, in a word, GORGEOUS. I've been going through my sample at a distressingly fast pace, and unfortunately blew my summer perfume budget on my holiday travels. But my birthday is coming up in September, and so, with a bit of patience, Calypso shall be my lovely companion rose for the fall. Moss rose! That's worth a happy dance. :)

The name Calyspo makes me think of tropical islands with sunscreen, rum and fruit. None of this is present in Robert Fracas Calypso instead this is a gorgeous, slightly sweet in the opening, rose amber. An under appreciated gem!

freddinos
freddinos

This is so gorgeous! Received three samples (Fracas, Visa and Calypso) and this was the last to test, for some reason I never thought I'd like it!I cannot describe individual notes in Calypso, as nothing screams its presence. All I can say is I'm mesmerized, I never thought I'd find a perfume with such an appropriate name, Calypso. The nymph goddess who lived in an Aegean Island in Ancient Greece. She seduced Odysseus making him stay with her for 7 years before he could break her spell and free himself to continue his long journey towards Ithaca. If this was what Piguet had in mind when creating this scent, to my opinion he succeeded. It is bewitching...

Roge'
Roge'

Im a male. I recently requested a bunch of samples through Bergdorf Goodman. Perhaps, i was sent Robert Piguet Calypso in error. I didn't discover until the love affair began that i was indeed falling for a feminine fragrance. HaHa, laugh it up...This is some good powdery stuff. Upscale baby powder of sorts. I was hoping to see some men reviewing this to further justify my love for this stuff. Well anyway, love is blind.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

simple & quick review ..
Starts heavy as someone who said like (Agent Provocateur) then it's so powdery .. powder & powder & powder ......
Then the heaven will come the dry down is an amazing mix between powder & aromatic notes ..

I doubt if I will purchase this because I hate the powdery notes generally ..

But I agree this is a real beauty :)

puddley
puddley

There is SO much to say about this magnificent marvel that I'm going to have to make a disjointed review with a few facets!

Firstly, it exists as a NEW GENRE - a chypre-rose-amber. Why? It possesses the austere somewhat chilly earthy understatement of the chypre (the patchouli is soft and discreet which does a good job of being rather 'oakmossy' rather than a stonking patchouli bomb). The rose is again gentle and merges beautifully with the geranium (which is not as peppery as usual, simply adds a freshness to the rose which stops it from cloying). These two aspects appear for about the first 30 mins making it initially a cool chypre.
After 30 mins it 'warms up' and although the initial elements are still evident, a softening creeps in and it's heart reveals an amber with a little orris powderyness. It's not overly powdery though, retaining a freshness that is extremely natural and earthy. I'm used to smelling huge spicy oriental ambers which I adore but I am equally enamored with this 'spice-less amber', extraordinary.
The dry down is a buttery rosey soft wood amber with very round edges and no corners.

AS A VISUAL I am smelling an old fashioned sweet wild rose at night in a damp garden, complete with all the earthy soil, bitter foliage and sap aspects. It's a stunner!

A NOTE ON PATCHOULI ROSES - Aren't they mostly disgusting? I'm thinking 'Rock and Rose, Avril Lavigne etc'.. terrible plasticky artificial stuff. I can't imagine anybody else ever creating a truly perfect one such as Calypso.

A NOTE ON THE NAME - It has nothing to do with Calypso or any other Latin dance, somebody here mentioned it was more like a ballet, a great observation with which I agree.

A NOTE ON THE PIGUET RANGE IN GENERAL - 2 Others have also really impressed me:
VISA - Stunning oriental peachy gourmand
JEUNESSE -Bright, sharp fizzy bubbling greenery and berries
However, their great Icon - Fracas, for me is a vile brew of white flower putrification.

Calypso has moved me greatly..

orchid_84
orchid_84

For me, Calypso starts off as a much more wearable version of Agent Provocateur. I get a dark, animalic rose and geranium scent - minus, thankfully, the artificial and stale quality I got from AP. The suede and patchouli give this a beautiful seductive and earthy feel. As this dries down, it becomes powdery and much lighter. It's a lovely scent, although I wish the initial darkness stayed around longer. There are other fragrances from this house that I personally prefer; nonetheless, Calypso is a very well-done and sensual floral-oriental.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Oh thank you so much Yamba1 for introducing me to this gem. I wore it all day yesterday, and in the supermarket I kept running into myself! The smell lingered in the aisles so it has massive sillage. Having steered clear of florals for years, I am now finding with further testing that there ARE actually some nice ones out there. I must say this one seems to be wrongly named, from a fiery rhythmic dance I expected a more dramatic spicy perfume - this should be re-named "Ballet" for its femininity and gracefulness. The geranium and orris root were always going to make this a go-er for me!

Robert Piguet CALYPSO is a gentle, friendly floriental perfume with a dominant, slightly sweet amber base. To my nose, the florals are absorbed into the sweetened amber layer rather than being independently distinguishable. This is definitely far more ambery than floral, it seems to me.

I do smell the rose geranium in the opening, but it is coated with and muted by the light amber layer. I would not describe CALYPSO as a thin oriental (a genre of which I am not fond), but nor is it very thick or insistent à la hard-hitting classic oriental perfumes. I am curious, actually, whether the gentle demeanor of this recent reformulation is intended to make the perfume more appealing to modern wearers.

All in all, CALYPSO smells nice, but it will not forge a permanent memory trace in mind. Very inoffensive while still being pretty, this perfume would be difficult for anyone not to like.

olga1780
olga1780

To be honest I don't have much to say, because you have to experience this beauty for yourself. Calypso is pure luxury....a beautiful bright pink powdery rose against black velevety background - that's how I visualize this scent. Very deep and feels more complex than the notes reveal. It doesn't last for half a day, but for solid 5-6 hours. I saw some reviews mentioned low sillage, but if you noticed the spay dispenses very small doses of perfume. Try to double spray it and you will easily stink up the room!
This is for sure going to be a permanent staple in my collection.

Henriette
Henriette

I agree with Mellyhelly, it does not smell like a combination of single notes but instead it's a powerful mixture of unknown, incredibly wonderful notes. I am talking about the reformulation and have no idea regarding the original. Either the reformulator, Monsieur Guichard, made an excellent job - and this is more than possible, more than probable - or the original was so wonderful that no reformulation could ruin this lovely scent.
All the positive adjectives apt for a scent can be applied here: original (it does not resemble any of the many scents I have encountered in my life), refined (not too loud, not too tamed, just right), complicated (without being a messy array of ingredients), modern (but not so trendy that in a few years it will be outdated), classic (but not only for ladies or "grannies"). Just perfect. My compliments to Monsieur Aurelien Guichard, I am a purist and rarely do like reformulation but I can hardly imagine Calypso more perfect than it is. I regret its not being more widely popular: we would not end up hiding our nose at the cinemas, restaurants, shops ... when close to a woman not wearing lovely masterpieces such as Calypso.

This perfume smells very special on my skin. Before reading here I didn't even notice that it is about rose geranium! It's a faint perfume at first, I can barely smell it on my wrist and it never gets loud, but it smells delicious nonetheless! There is a tad of powder but just a vague hint.
Rose geranium, iris root, suede, patchouli? I have no idea. It smells none like the single notes smelled alone. It rather smells globally like a very elegant, subtle yet present feminine perfume, very attractive and almost relaxed in its beauty but knowing where it's going to! I could say it smells very "nice" but it doesn't render the right and complete idea.
It also reminds me of something smelled in the '70s, a typical feminine smell, both tamed and elegant.
Also addictive.
If you expect a buttery tuberose bomb like Fracas, you're not on the right road! Calypso smells completely different and much less obvious to describe. It somehow escape definitions.
In its tamed and subtle way it lasted for hours on my skin and I found myself smelling my wrist in delight until I decided to wash my hands!

weegee
weegee

Put quite simply, Calypso is the most beautiful geranium fragrance I've ever encountered.

Calypso is not the somewhat harsh fragrance of the common windowbox geranium as in the photo above. Not at all. Instead, Calypso is pure rose geranium, Pelargonium 'Graveolens', whose leaves you can rub between your fingers to transfer the essential oils to your skin.

The orris root adds a mellow softness to the rose geranium, the mildest of patchouli adds a "chewy" texture (that I consider patchouli's most important contribution to any fragrance that includes it) and the suede notes create a buttery "taste" while citrus and amber combine in a way that's imperceptible to my nose except to add a certain sense of sunshine.

I've worn my sample several times over the past few days and each wearing suggests a linear structure because, I suppose, it is so very well blended. While I'm disappointed in its 4-6 hour longevity and nearly non-existent sillage (it stays very, very close to my skin), I still deem it full bottle worthy because it is so incrediby beautiful. Speaking as a life-long gardener and life-long lover of fragrance, this goes to the top of my want list.

Edit July 2013: It took me a year and half but I finally have my full bottle and I'm delighted to note that both longevity and sillage are much more impressive on warm skin in hot weather than in the dead of winter when I first sampled this beauty. Of course! While it was a breath of sunshine in winter, it makes sense that a sophisticated floral would smell best when its featured flower is blooming in its own season. Absolutely gorgeous!

id
id

Strong geranium and silent rose at the opening, after that comes patchouli. It doesn't develop very much on my skin. Sillage is low, the smell itself is classic, but not loud.

A promising name, but not my type of scent at all. First I thought I had mistakenly tried on a male scent. It's so masculine and harsh somehow. In the heartnote I smelled a nut scent very strongly and the scent went a bit softer. The staying power didn't seem too good on my and I guess on me orris root, suede, amber and patchouli came out most, which are not my favourites in a scent. All in all on me it was like a nutmeg scent with a very masculine side.

angel6
angel6

my first impression is the amount of patchouli as I don't like patchouli, but saying that my beloved VISA also have patchouli and dispite that I adore it.I wore Calypso for 2 days now and I can see lots of simmilarities to Visa , the rose and orris root soften the patchouli, and the mandarim keep it sparkling. I think this is a new favorite. Recommended.

Yamba1
Yamba1

I have tested most of the Robert Piquet perfumes and am the happy owner of a bottle of Bandit. I've been desperately keen to sample this new offering from the house, so today I made the trip to one of the few places in my city that sells it.
I was so excited to have that first test spray, yet when I out my nose to my wrist, I could barely detect anything. Definitely not the like bold and assertive fragrances such as fracas and bandit. I felt a little bit like a child whose birthday gallons have just popped!
BUT, about 10-15 minutes later I began detecting the most enchanting, feminine wafts and I realized this gorgeous smell was in fact the mild mannered Calypso. It took a while to kick in, but I was rewarded by a delicate floral which was balanced beautifully by soft downy leather which served to give this fragrance structure and depth. It is easy to see that there may be distant traces of of Calypso's sister, Bandit lurking behind the geranium! Not that calypso is a bad girl like Bandit. No, she is the perfect lady.

This is pretty, feminine and thoroughly enchanting. Due to it's delicacy, I personally would not recommend this for evening (I prefer the hard hitters for that) but would be best enjoyed by someone who is after a beautiful delicate floral with just enough edge to keep you enthralled.

Calypso (2010 formulation)

Calypso fulfil the basic principle of perfumery for which a fragrance should, first of all, smell good. While this statement may sound obvious, we witnessed too many examples of perfumes smellng like crap (really too many to mention).

A strong bitter geranium and unripe mandarin opening turning into a middle phase where rose makes its appearance with a remarkable presence together with iris. The general lush vibe is enriched by musc and hints of suede that perfectly blend together all the previous elements into a classic floral chypre. Elegant, rich and formal. Maybe not so distinctive and unique and surely not the most successful among the Piguet offering but it still smells damn good.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This is such a gorgeous composition!! My favourite from Robert Piguet. When I first sprayed it on a card, I immediately made an association with Kenzo Amour for some reason. I thought I detected powdery vanilla, but a bit darker, more complex and interesting and less sweet. On me, it develped into smoky, woody rose - amazingly seductive and sexy. That's when I discovered that it actually reminds me of Kenzo Flower (without the sharpness), not of Kenzo Amour. Anyway, I love it!

adele l
adele l

So, so soft and pretty but not a wallflower in any way! Powdery geranium over the velvety suede, a hint of sweetness..wears close to the skin but lasts for ages. Quite subtle but far from ordinary!

delphine67
delphine67

Have smellt this one yesterday in Antwerp in a perfume store with niche perfumes. And I like it. In the opening it reminds me a bit to Narciso Rodriquez that same muskyness but fresh of the mandarin . But when it dry's down it gets a bit leathery/ Suede vibe, its a modern classic.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Oh my! My ongoing love affair with Robert Piguet had me expecting a brawny floral hot with spices and leather. Instead this delicately opened with an almost shy mixture of geranium and rose that may be the most perfect floral I've ever experienced. As it's warmed the orange and suede have crept in, making it broader and lighter with that exquisite floral note being improved but not lost. The amber has a gray feeling to it: it reminds me very much of Prada ambers. (I've had my nose on my wrist so much that I now have the perfume on my lips. The taste-smell experience makes the importance of the geranium-rose balance even clearer.)

The name of this perfume is a puzzle--it implies gaiety, loud music, brass and fireworks. This is a deadly serious intellectual and austere perfume that I can only describe as aristocratic or perhaps stately. If it were a goddess it would be Minerva rather than Venus. Not only do I love this perfume I respect it.
Sillage: 1-2 feet
Durability: several hours at least
Fabulosity: Total if you can accept the darkness
Price to value ratio: excellent

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

This is a beauty! By far the most wearable of all Piguet scents, at least according to my nose. It is not voluptuous and loud like Fracas, nor sweet and overly feminine like Visa, nor rough and adventurous like Bandit. Ok, I admit, I never tested Futur.
But I love this one. The scent of crushed geranium and roses seems to dominate on my skin, with lots and lots of powder, and roots, reminding of a woman's secret chamber where unspoken pleasures await. This is what I imagine a royal courtesan to smell like. A very high class, pleasure giving female, that knows its worth, and is not afraid of selling it to the highest bidder.
This is a soft woody floral, never loud, never overwhelming. It's velvety in nature, even "squishy". There is a dark side to it, it lacks luminosity. Although not a heavy perfume, there is something about it that makes me think it's best worn after sunset. Middle notes dominate the composition, luckily.
If I was to give a color to this scent, I wouldn't color it in orange and black. It would be a heavy, dusty, rose. The color of the sky covered in sunset clouds, before a heavy storm, with just a few red rays of sun trying to cross over.
Despite the fact that it has few notes, this scent is very complex, and very very unusual. I don't know the smell of the original Calypso, but this is incredibly beautiful and unique.
Somehow, I don't expect it to became very popular though. I think because it doesn't have the sweet and bubbly energy so popular nowadays with the some, nor the heavy and incensy classical oriental mystery that others seek, this will not a gain a large audience.
But is surely won me over!
Sold from the first sniff, and to the last drop of my bottle!

Migotka
Migotka

Hmhmhm, a fantasticly romantic new fragrance from Robert Piguet!

I remember not liking reformulated Visa all that much, so I was not really enthousiastic about this one. I love suede and roses, but there are so many things that can go wrong in a fragrance that I was nto sure whether I would enjoy it. Calypso actually really surprised me. I don't know the original, but this reformulation really works for me. The fragrance is quite modern, but at the same time remained very classic.

One thing I was afraid of was the the earthiness coming from patchouli and orris root- two notes that often overpower composition and spoil fragrances for me, but Calypso is not earthy at all.

The fragrance is delightfully soft, slightly powdery, the rose mixes really nicely with the suede undertones. The flowery notes are not your usual boring flowers, the quality of ingredients is very fine as expected from such an established perfume house. It is one of very few fragrances where geranium really shines.

A great advantage for me is that Calypso seems to suit so many different occasions, from a casual outing to an evening at the opera.

Calypso by Robert Piguet 4.19 out of 5 based on 221 ratings and 36 user reviews

Beauty Encounter
Sample
Calypso de Robert Piguet for Women
Calypso de Robert Piguet for Women
CALYPSO DE ROBERT PIGUET for WOMEN by Robert Piguet EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
CALYPSO DE ROBERT PIGUET for WOMEN by Robert Piguet EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
CALYPSO DE ROBERT PIGUET for WOMEN by Robert Piguet EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Robert Piguet Calypso Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Robert Piguet Calypso Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Calypso Robert Piguet Perfume by Robert Piguet, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Robert Piguet Calypso Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Robert Piguet 'Calypso' Eau de Parfum
NORDSTROM.com
Robert Piguet 'Calypso' Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz
Robert Piguet 'Calypso' Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Calypso fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Calypso, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Calypso by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Calypso by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.