Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Fracas Robert Piguet for women
dislike

I have it: 1201 I had it: 346 I want it: 884 My signature: 40

tuberose
Fracas Robert Piguet for women Pictures Fracas Robert Piguet for women Pictures Fracas Robert Piguet for women Pictures Fracas Robert Piguet for women Pictures Fracas Robert Piguet for women Pictures Fracas Robert Piguet for women Pictures Fracas Robert Piguet for women Pictures Fracas Robert Piguet for women Pictures

Fracas was first launched in 1948 and then reissued in 1998. Intoxicating fragrance in Parisian style, known for its refined simplicity, and as an object of desire for women all over the world. Fracas is glamorous and comfortable at the same time, modern and provocative. It is ultra feminine and sexy!

This year Robert Piguet house celebrates the 60th anniversary of the fragrance Fracas. The composition of this fragrance is enchanting… It opens with freshly sweet notes of bergamot, mandarin, and lilac. The heart brings lovely fusion of white flowers. Tuberose, exuberant and seductive, nicely blends with pure, clear and intensive notes of jasmine, white narcissus, gardenia, lily of the valley and white iris, with a hint of orange blossom and violet embraced by sandalwood, vetiver and sensual musk in the base.

Fracas comes in a recognizable black bottle, typical for this brand, as all of their fragrances come in bottles of the same color and shape. It is available as 7.5 ml (0.3 oz.fl.) and 30ml (1 oz.fl.) parfum extrait and 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) and 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) EDP. It is accompanied with matching body care product – Silkening Body Wash (250ml), Silkening Body Lotion (250ml) and Silkening Body Crème (200ml). It can also be found as solid perfume (2 gr).

This fragrance has tickled the imagination of many celebrities, and many of them such as Madonna, Kim Basinger, Martha Stewart, Morgan Fairchild, Carolina Herrera, Stella Tennant, Courtney Love, and many other, have placed it among their favorite fragrances.

The nose behind this fragrance is Germaine Cellier.

Orange Blossom Mandarin Orange Green Leaves Peach Hiacynth Bergamot

Coriander Carnation Tuberose Violet Root Rose Geranium Osmanthus Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley White Iris Rose Narcissus Gardenia

Sandalwood Amber Musk Oakmoss Cedar Vetiver

Blonde
Truth or Dare
Douglas Hannant
Sensual Tuberose

Fracas Fragrance Reviews

mi55anthr0py
mi55anthr0py

Mom loved this; it's always been instantly hideous and gag-worthy for me. I suspect it's the tuberose that my nose (and skin) can't abide...

gardeniapetunia
gardeniapetunia

I have had a small sample of this for several months and have worn the fragrance occasionally. It is the edp. The sample is still almost full! Just wiping the dabber on my skin is enough to create quite a silage and lasts all day. In the smallest amounts, this is lovely but I can see how even a squirt would be overpowering.
It's beautiful and unique, however, it does not feel retro to me. Many vintage perfumes have a certain quality that dates them but this seems modern.
Creamy, buttery, silky smooth floral.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Only recently I discovered Fracas; Very intriguing scent

100mlEDT

When I was a young lad in primary school my pride of joy was my pencil case full of coloured pencils and scented texters. I had all the colours of the rainbow packed tightly within the bulging fabric of the zipped case. It would explode its over stuffed content upon opening, spilling texters and pencils all over my desk. I enjoyed smelling the scented aromas each colour had within its plastic lid, often closing my eyes and guessing what colour I had in my hand. Sniffing so enthusiastically It left coloured smears on my nose.
Fracas takes me back to that time in my youth with its tutti frutti loveliness and recalls images of the most vivid pink texter ink staining crisp white paper.
Fracas is an intoxicating, amplified neon floralesque smash up. Sensual, sexual and heady. Beware.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

العطر نعم محقق شهرة واعتقد بعض الاخوات قد تنجذب حول بسبب الشهره لهذا العطر
من ناحيتي العطر انثوي جميل جدا لاني من عشاق النمط الكلاسيكي

ولكن هناك امر مهم احب ان اذكره العطر كلاسيكي حتى النخاع فالمستعجل حول العطور سيرفضه من اول مره وسيقول انه عطر رخيص وربما شببه باحد ملطفات الجو ومن هذا القبيل الامر الاخر ان العطر حاد في بدايته ولهذا انصح بتجربة العطر قبل شرائه وشمه وتركه حتى يتطور ومعرفة كيف يبدوا لاحقا
موفقين.

Capricorngal19
Capricorngal19

It's glamorous,sexy and creamy. It smells like Christmas to me.

I was in perfumania doing my usual perfume shopping when I came across Fracas. I asked if I could test it out but I am sooooo glad that I did.

The tuberous is the star here! I love my white florals!
Now my signature is Kim Kardashian's first perfume and I get a lot of compliments with a that one but Fracas smells like a sexy darker version. It's definitely the Omega of all white florals. Michael Kors, Kim K, and Madonna all got inspired by this classic.
The dry down on me gets dark, creamy and woodsy. Perfect for cold weather! Ugh I just love it.
I love having a signature but I love to mix it up every now an then! I will be buying this.

P.s. It last for about 6-8 hours on me.

ImAddicted
ImAddicted

It's just floral explosion perfection. Tuberose, which I love, is the master from beginning to end, but you can notice it's surrounded by light mandarin, tangy fruits, gardenia and so many flowery notes. Fracas is one of the few "female" fragrances in my collection. I don't really care for that kind of sexist label, specially for perfumes. By the way, the bottle is not black! If you place it against strong direct light, you will notice the glass is actually a very deep dark shade of red! Super strong silage and projection. Wear it with caution.

CeceliaHuynh
CeceliaHuynh

I think I have an old bottle and I love this smell. Again, a very rare fragrance to sniff out in Australia so it always gets noticed. I am the only person I know to like it enough to wear it, most people find the rose to overpowering. I dislike tuberose but Fracas is an exception.

If you like YSL's Paris, get an upgrade and buy Fracas.
If you want an upgrade from Fracas, get Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower!

NB: I am collecting all Robert Piguet's perfumes because they just go so well on my skin. I also find this to be the case with Annick Goutal.

Does anyone else have this experience with particular brands/perfumers? Why is that?

Brian0523
Brian0523

I love the EDP, and I really have nothing to add about the scent, etc. I love it! However, I do not love the fact that the bottle is so cheep - on scale with drugstore perfume bottles. Cheep plastic cap (which should be glass considering this perfumes price range) and an even cheeper looking paper label on the front. Very disappointed in the packaging. It's just crap.

Spaztic
Spaztic

I had fallen in love with Beyond Love, so I went in search for more that were like it...that's where this came into the picture! I was instantly interested in the fragrance that all other Tuberose fragrances are compare to/inspired by. Sadly I couldn't find it where I live, until one day I found it on a discount rack (!!!), you know the Marshals,TJ Max, Winners type thing. So I blind bought it and I love it so much I went and bought a backup of it.
On my skin it's actually quite beach-like. It smells like hot glistening skin and flowers heated by the sun and I even get a little bubblegum. Really takes me back to the Hawaii or the Bahamas.
Here most everyone is talking about how heavy and thick it is and I'm thinking of the beach. That's skin chemistry for you

Mistressvoodoodolly

StealthAngel I totally agree with you. Please, people, get a bottle off eBay or Etsy that is vintage!!

Mistressvoodoodolly

I again don't understand why they reformulated. Robert Piguet was a genius to approve this beautiful rich, natural fragrance. I've read he was the inventor of the little black dress. This is the LBD of fragrances if you can get the vintage. The new one is candy sweet and has no depth. I got my mom a vintage bottle and she just sat there and said, "yes, this is my youth." I will never get a reformulations, it lacks the layers which bloom on your skin and the class.

Michelina
Michelina

Fracas would be the natural choice for someone who finds tuberose to be -more often than not- a rather disagreeable accord; one who balks at the chirpy indefatigable optimism radiated by white florals…right? Going into this, I was preparing myself for something archaic and affected, lots of pomp with little delivery, and yet am here to concede that the overwhelming praise for this fragrance is entirely just.

My nose catches the tuberose, smoothened out by gardenia, jasmine, and a lush peach accord, kicked-up with a bit of musk and spice, all backed by a fresh, yet subtle, green undertone.

Creamy and complex, the bi-polar nature of this scent -as mentioned in the description- is quite evident from the get-go: it’s opulent yet inviting, classy and cozy, bitchy and bewitching all at once. Enough to make your head spin, (and might indeed lean a bit too dramatic for some) yet, whether virtue or vice, I can say with full confidence that this leading lady is, at the very least, never a bore.

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

Fracas is one of the most recognizable and beautifully blended florals of all time. I have never smelled a floral fragrance so natural and lush and wet and green. It is incredibly smooth, and I don't see this as simply a tuberose fragrance because the tuberose is so well blended with the jasmine, gardenia and orange blossom. It is nice on paper but it truly comes to life in a fracas of flowers on the skin, one recalls the heavy yet fleeting scent of flowers in the night air. Perhaps the most feminine perfume I have ever had the pleasure of trying, this is for the ladies only! The scent of Fracas is so elegant that I would feel wrong wearing any casual clothing with it. If you love white florals you must try Fracas, you will not be disappointed.

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

I love Fracas from all my heart. I went smelling it in order to buy it for my sister because she likes tuberoses and I ended up buying 2 parfum essences, one for me and one for her. Oh, my! This fragrance is exquisite. To me, it smells so expensive, elegant and sophisticated. I am not good describing notes but I don't feel it is heavy on tuberose. I find it very fruity, almost syrupy tuberose. Like all the beautiful flowers in it were melt into a delicious nectar. And my husband likes it. From all my biiig collection he likes 4 fragrances, including Fracas.

Holli
Holli

Fracas is pretty amazing! I know it's usually referred to as a tuberose, but on me it smells EXACTLY like the orange blossoms blooming here in Florida. It's a beautiful summer day in a bottle. Despite many comments to the contrary, I think it's a very easy to wear scent. I might even call it childlike.

I have this in both edt and parfum form. I find them comparable. The parfum is a bit warmer and smoother. My husband always compliments me when I have the parfum on.

CitrusHead
CitrusHead

Eau de Parfum - I love this. The tuberose is intense; flowery, creamy, buttery heaven. I've smelled many tuberose perfumes & none of them have quite this lovely balance & pureness. The jasmine & gardenia are very pretty & not fake smelling. There are so many pretty flowers in this & they all have their moment but it's the tuberose leading them by the hand all the way to the end. The amber, musk, cedar & vetiver keep it serious and give it extra depth. And no patchouli to muck it up.

It amazes me how au courant this is - it does not smell dated in the least. Pretty will always be pretty and to me, this is the definition of pretty.

This lasts all day on my skin & if I put it on my clothing, I can smell it after being washed. This is not a perfume for someone who doesn't like white flowers or especially tuberose.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

This perfume somehow reminds me of Hawaii and all the incredible flowers growing everywhere there. It is light, but has amazing sillage. As an icon of white flower perfumes, it lives up to its' reputation and to me this is not a dated perfume at all. It is more of the benchmark that the others strive to attain.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

I was expecting to love Fracas considering all the rave reviews, but it sadly made me sick to my stomach. I tried it twice but couldn't handle any more.

On my skin, it really smelled like someone using deodorant to cover already bad body odor, where, in this case, they used tuberose & gardenia to hide the mustiness.

It just wasn't meant for me and it has made me very leery of tuberose.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

Dear heavens, this is foul. I'm so disappointed-I've been wanting to try Fracas ever since I read one of Jilly Coopers novels and the heroine wore it. I got a sample and eagerly tried it out, only to discover that on me it is absolutely horrible. It's a HUGE scent, overpowering, domineering and in your face. The top note is a big burst of bitter, sharp florals, and then turns into spices. I caught cardamom and mace in there, as well as a hint of slightly musty and mouldy lemon peel. I smelt like an out of date Christmas pudding for an hour or so And then it became just tuberose, lots and lots of tuberose with a fatty buttery heart. It really is the weirdest combination on me. My boyfriend hated it and wouldn't come near me, and said it gave him a headache that matched mine. I'm glad I tried it, and at least I know I'm not missing out on anything. The scent in the bottle is nothing like the scent on me. In the bottle it was rich, elegant, sophisticated and proud, but on me it seemed to change character totally.

Jillita
Jillita

Epic, and yet a surprisingly organic gardenia. Green notes. Creamy beyond compare. A sultry sandalwood lingering at the finish line. There's more but I can't parse out the notes yet. Like sitting under a blooming gardenia bush on a tropical island and inhaling blasts of gardenia writ large and also a sweetly springtime island mangrove. I have fallen deeply and madly in love with Fracas. I am ruined for everything else right now. I dabbed it before attending a play and then was distracted by it the whole time; it was piping in that gorgeous balmy gardenia into my nose, and I worried I was gassing out fellow audience members. I asked my husband if I had applied Fracas too liberally and he assured me he couldn't detect it. Fracas is the real deal. It lives up to its legendary status. It is the sine qua non of the classical feminine florals.

Antares811
Antares811

I gave this tuberose masterpiece to my mother as a gift and she totally loved it from the first sniff.
A sophisticated and feminine classic.

Elviel
Elviel

Fracas is beautifully complicated; it took a month of wearings to sort out this from that. Fracas provides interest all day as the cloud of scent surrounding the body is quite different to smelling the skin direct and quite different to the little bursts of scent from under clothes (I spray in the little collarbone recesses to get this effect).

Spraying now for this review the opening is dry oily green and herbal spicy, a little resinous, a mix between cardamon and large leaf parsley, with just a touch of sweet orange zest and peach. The florals at this stage are springtime flowers reminding me most of daffodils and English bluebells.

Further into the wear the biggest surprise to me is the strength of the osmanthus that preseents as oily green, honeyed apricots and cream (and it is this that wafts so sweet from under my clothes throughout the whole of the day).

I find the gardenia and tuberose to be very well tempered by a savoury lily-of-the-valley and a whole bouquet of other flowers. There is a very subtle plasticine or clay note that I notice ocassionally when smelling my skin direct.

I get very little in the way of base notes. For me this is a perfume in two parts. The first part is osmanthus with its rich apricot and honeyed cream that wafts from under my clothes periodically all day along with a background of lemony jasmine. The second part is the way it smells on my skin directly - a dry oily greeness over a large bouquet of flowers featuring prominently gardenia and tuberose.

Two perfumes in one - how nice!

Projection is moderate on me at around 3 feet. Sillage is also moderate as I am not noticing a trail of perfume around the house. Very long lasting at 12 hours plus I find the perfume complete at the end of a long day.

Full bottle from February 2014

ask247
ask247

I was so excited to try this perfume only to be extremely disappointed in this one note wonder. With all the hype I was certain I would love Fracas, but sadly it is not for me. I found it to have no depth or development, only tuberose overload and rather boring. Not the kind of scent that drives men crazy, maybe bees but not men. It will stay in my collection for novelty and so I can let others try it and maybe it will grow on me someday or I'll become an unwilling bee keeper.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i am re-trying fracas for the first time in years. i remember finding a mini bottle at a marshall's(!) back in the late 80s or early 90s when i was a young teen, and i loved and cherished that little bottle for years.

i still really like fracas, but it is a bit different than i remember, or my memory could be hazy, but i get mostly gardenia backed up by tuberose, but the gardenia has a bit of a waxy/creaminess to it that smells a little weird with my skin chemistry at first. the creaminess tapers off however, and i am left with a powdery gardenia-iris musk with hints of the tuberose leftover.

this is a beautiful scent, and one of the more purely femme white florals that i can wear and love.

danaklein
danaklein

Inspired so much new fragrance, but it is the real thing, the copycats never got to this level! The tuberose is so creamy and so fatty that it actually is overwhelming, I think you just need a tiny amount of it, that goes very very far already.

Alex1984
Alex1984

So yeah! Fracas is the ultimate tuberose queen/bombshell/take no prisoners.
I love her for that but at the same time it makes it a bit harder to pull her off. If you ain't got the balls, she's gonna drag you around like there's no tomorrow. But on the days you crave her, and the stars align, she's just right.
She is also the ultimate femme fatale fragrance. This is the reason that I feel guys with the right attitude can pull her off as well. When I do wear her, all I get is compliments and filthy looks. Grrr!!!!
On my skin it opens up with a powdery violet/iris combo that turns into the creamiest most bubblegumy tuberose gardenia combo. No fooling around, nothing artificial, Fracas goes straight to the point. She knows what she's got and she ain't afraid to show it. The tuberose gardenia combo steals the show for me, and the orange blossom just shows at times to sweeten things up a bit. Some spicy carnation stirs thing up a bit along with geranium, but again the white floral part takes over. And I just swoon in its lush erotic creaminess!
I have the eau de parfum, I get monster sillage for the first couple of hours, that quiets down a bit after that and 24 hour longevity, with a musky animalic drydown with just a hint of oakmoss. The parfum stays closer to the skin and feels more animalic up front, less powdery and more sweet. Both versions are incredible, and while the eau de parfum lacks the animalicness of the parfum until the late drydown, it doesn't feel weaker or cheaper. Just a bit louder, which you gotta admit: it's Fracas, she's earned it!
Bottom line, amazing perfume, amazing quality, amazing perfumer. The reference tuberose to end all, Cellier has some masterpieces that are hard to beat, unimaginable in today's industry; which brand has the balls to launch this mother f****r today? Amazing on the right woman, and even more so on the right guy at the right time. Just go light on the trigger, she's a powerful one!

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

I was given a tuberose scented candle from Zara Home Collection as a Christmas gift, the smell of it reminded me of my first tuberose scent maybe 10 years ago, Michael, by Michael Kors. It was the first time I came into contact with the intoxicating aroma of this flower. I finished several bottles of Michael and Michael Sheer until they stopped selling it. Michael Kors perfumes were no longer on sale in the major perfume retailers in my area.
The scented candle was the trigger that made me do some research on tuberose perfumes and that’s how I found out about Fracas. Reading the reviews I wasn’t sure what to expect so I had to go and try it myself.
And my first reaction was: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

I went to the shop yesterday convinced I was just going to try it, take some time to let it develop and if I would decide to buy it I would go back but in no way I was going to make a hasty decision. Boy was I wrong! When the saleslady sprayed it on my forearm I felt like I was under a hypnotic spell. I said: ‘give me the biggest bottle you’ve got.

I have been wearing Fracas for the past 24 hours, I re-applied it after taking a shower and again before going to bed! On me the longevity is more than average, 6-7 hours. The dry down surprised me, after a while the flamboyant tuberose steps back and the iris and musk take over, it left me with a very comfortable musky powdery skin scent I appreciate very much. I am surprised not many people rated the musk, it takes time to develop but when it’s there you can’t ignore it.

People here say it is ‘loud’, but I find it a very soft and intense creamy perfume. I am definitely wearing this to go to work; I am over 50 and self-confident enough to cope with this. My colleagues are used to my perfume obsession by now, only occasionally they make remarks about it (mostly when I wear my Montales, they all have monstrous sillage )

If you are a shy person who doesn’t want to stand out then you better stay away from this one or apply it sparingly. If you like pure white florals then you should definitely try this!
I am feeling very ecstatic about Fracas, it is wonderfully beautiful!

deda147
deda147

I went kind of Tuberose frenzy after I bought ToD (but that one didn't work for me), so I did some research about Tuberose centered fragrances and that's how I encountered the famed Fracas. I wasn't sure if it would make a good blind buy, reading al the polarizing reviews here, so I ordered a sample.

First impression is some sort of pleasantly sweet fizz soda juice when you sniff at the sample. It changed rather drastically on my skin. Even though the opening was quite sweet and almost cloying, it quickly dries down to a very lovely, creamy, buttery tuberose. I can't distinguish any separate notes. My male skin seems to tone down the sweet floral notes and bring forth the basenotes. It might be uber feminine on a woman, but I'm sure men could rock this one as well. Longevity is excellent, but the sillage isn't that big, at least, not quite as powerful as I would have expected. Maybe my sample went a bit off, but I'm rather happy with the apparently toned down sillage. Quite sure I am going to buy this one soon :).

Update: Bought this one last week. My bottle seems to smell different though: I don't get that juicy, soda fizz opening anymore and overall it is a lot less sweeter. Maybe the shop I ordered a sample from send me a sample of Petit Fracas? Instead the opening is a lot more indolic, heady tuberose mixed with some sort of sweet but balanced fruit/flower melange in the background. It dries down rather quick to a linear, albeit very enjoyable aroma of velvet, buttery tuberose. Sillage also doesn't seem extreme from my ordered bottle. Although my sample smelled different and I first preferred that one I took a liking to my FB. Still not sure whether I'm going to keep it, it makes me a bit dizzy but it smells so good!

Update 2: After a few wearings I consider this one a very easy going scent for me. If I don't want to choose between all my other fumes I always pick this. It always pleases me, with it's lovely aroma and elegant sillage!

connie@ginkwunk.net
connie@ginkwunk.net

I have an approximately three-quarters full 1.7 oz. bottle of Fracas available to swap for a bottle, one or more decants, or a good set of samples. Within the US, please message me if interested.

Scentmad
Scentmad

I am not sure about this perfume. I want to like it more than I do. It's very strong and has an extremely sweet note, not something I love in a perfume with a couple of exceptions (Angel being one). I will try it again, at the moment it gives me a headache and that doesn't bode well when I try a perfume to be honest. I really had high hopes but it may be consigned to my "drawer of doomed fragrances".

Update: OK, couple of hours in, I love it. Yes, it's still sweet and it has that "old lipstick" smell about it. When I close my eyes and sniff I get red plastic roses - if plastic had a decernable smell of course. I would only wear this in the evening though, it's too poky for the office and too much for day time generally - just my opinion. Happy I have it now. A couple of hours ago I wasn't so seduced by this perfume, what a difference though once the middle notes come in it's truly lovely.

heymoe9

Tuberose is a strange flower. It overpowers most perfumes, and I wish it wouldn't. I am not a fan of tuberose, I was hoping for a lot more peach. It's an okay scent, not a favorite.

Jessamina
Jessamina

The goddess of a perfume. Reminds me of dancing with beautiful women, painted faces, taffeta and stockings, moonlight and lipstick kisses. It mellows into violet filled moonlit masques and the love of the chase, and thrill of being found.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

I don't quite see how someone couldn't like this, but that's just me.. Looks like I'm not afraid of the big, bad tuberose! I do think this is suited for someone a little more sophisticated than me, though not necessarily older. Sweet, beautiful, clear but soft and a little creamy, it's a classic. Just don't see myself actually wearing this for some time..

nikkibom
nikkibom

I am well aware of the likeness to GV Blonde, but why do i keep thinking that i am wearing BS Circus today? I definately has similar notes - although Circus is much more a sweeter scent.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I want to worship in the temple of Fracas; the garden of Eden. I am constantly buying tuberose in the summer because I love the way the fragrance drifts through each room at night, and I mingle that smell with some jasmine growing outside in my yard, right beside my neighbor's gardenia's. At night when both plants come alive, it smells like Heaven. This is what Fracas smells like to me.

It instantly brought to mind the Matisse painting, "The Black Shawl" because it's lustful, and voluptuous, then I thought, no it's definitely Billie Holliday in her honeyed voice singing "Summertime" in a musky small town in Louisiana. It's dark mysterious, undoubtedly feminine, strong, unapologetic, bold, memorable, yet ephemeral. It's the kind of perfume a perfectly coifed 1940s pinup would wear. It leaves a scented trail behind you, but also a trail of people talking about "that scandalous scent!" that just walked by.

It's a full, lush, white bouquet of indolic tuberose, jasmine, gardenia, orange blossom, and LOTV with a creamy peach softness on a sharp green aldehyde base. It's the dressed up, red lipstick and candy apple red stillettos type of perfume. Not just a perfume for special occasions, but a perfume for when you want to get noticed.

I wore it to my high school reunion because I wanted to make a bold sexy uber-feminine statement that said, "Hellooooooo remember ME? (batting eyelashes)". Mission accomplished! Both men and women alike complimented me and said that I smelled divine. This is definitely one of my favorite "special occasion" fragrances.

Lulutupelo
Lulutupelo

Wow! What a wonderful, loud but classy tuberose gardenia! It has good staying power on me, about 4 to 5 hours; and it has good sillage, about arms length for a couple hours, then it tones down a bit. This is absolutely one of my favorite fragrances. The many copies of this fragrance can't compare. I actually wanted to give a poor review so fewer people would but it, but honesty won out.

This is really the best white floral I know. It's so smooth, rich and complex, a must have for lovers of tuberose and gardenia. It is a masterpiece.

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

To me this is an amazing classic scent!
If you like Madonna Truth Or Dare, you will LOVE this one.

It reminds me soooo much of TOD, but softer and more beautiful in a way.

Its an amazing white floral/creamy tuberose scent that is to die for.

Melvinmilk
Melvinmilk

Note:
Kindly read in your most genteel, southern accent. Thank you.

The Hobo's tale of Doll Baby

Doll Baby crosses the rail road tracks in her big sisters tattered old prom gown. A dime store strand of toy pearls wrapped around her slender neck.

Balancing on the tracks in filthy bare feet, her long red tresses blow around her face like a strawberry Medusa.
Doll Baby starts humming an old bar room tune her Mama use to sing when their Saloon was a hoppin!

As she sings she opens her box of Cracker-Jaxx and tosses a cornel in the air and catches it her mouth, one by one.

Streaks of dust bowl dirt on her long legs peek out from the torn lining of her decaying ball gown. A bit of mud across her forehead, and a splatter of bright red lipstick on her perfectly formed mouth looked out of place on the young girls face. The round rouge circles of bright pink on her plump cheeks only added to her look of a pretty baby doll that had been left in a child's sand box for a month or two.

Doll is all smiles as she approaches a group of rag tag boxcar bums she spotted along the rail tracks.

The box car bums are speechless as this odd beauty graces their presence.

Doll curtseys like her Mama taught her, then holds out her box of Cracker Jaxx, and passes it around to the clan of misfit boys.

"What they call you besides pretty girl" ? Asked a Hobo called Billy Boy. "Doll Baby she replied, as though it was a typical name for a 15 year old girl". "You sho do like a pretty doll, a real walkin, talkin doll baby!

They all laughed and passed a dirty bottle of nasty hooch around the box car camp fire.

Billy Boy lit Doll's cig and offered her a dusty, box carton to sit upon.

These Hobo boys have traveled the tracks coast to coast, but they have never laid eyes on anything like this woman child called Doll Baby!

Doll had a special way about her, she could feel the sadness others felt in side their broken hearts.
Doll certainly had enough sadness in her own life, to know what these luckless pedestrians were feelin.

"You see boys, my sister Winnie won a beauty contest and ran away with a railroad man". My Mama died from too much drink last year". "Heck I never met my Daddy, but Mama said he was a no good for nothin waste of a human being" ! Now it's just me, in that big old boarding house over that a way". Doll pointed to a large yellow ramshackle place. You could tell from it's bones it was once a pretty wedding cake style home, complete with it's own saloon. "Once the railroad men left town, all our business went with them".

The boys looked at Doll with deep sadness in their eyes, as they spotted the large "condemned property" sign on the old fallen wedding cake dwelling. .

Doll held a captivated audience around the box car camp, So enamored with the sad ballad of her young life, the boys felt immediate kinship, and accepted her as one of their own. However, when the stories were over, and the drinking done, the depth of their misery and hopelessness filled the night.

Doll felt the boys intense sadness wash over her. All at once she got up on a old box car and started to twirl! She danced like a beautiful gypsy as she chanted in an odd language all her own. She then took a tiny purple vile out of a slit in her hem that she used as a pocket, and smashed it on the ground, and she continued to twirl .

Suddenly ...a down wind came and conjured up what looked like a tiny tornado. They were living in the dust bowl of America, and this was no sand storm! . A magical gust of the sweetest, headiest aroma, filled their nostrils and evoked instant dreams of a time when these men were happy and had hope, jobs, and family's.

As they inhaled the heavenly elixir, smiles ran across,the faces of these lost souls, and a feeling of joy and glee filled their empty hearts. A promise of a brighter future had been reborn again in these men. They all knew as long as they had hope, they were gonna make it!

Billy Boy shouted "hold your glass up to Doll Baby, the muse of the boxcar boys",!
Doll Baby curtsied to the men and twirled into a wonderful sent cloud of what she called Farcas. She continued to spin, until she drifted away like a vapor disappearing into thin air.....

The boys were overcome by this miraculous event. Tears ran down dirty cheeks, as they spoke the word Fracas.

Note:
Even today...if you find yourself by the old train tracks, 14 miles south of Pascagoula Mississippi, they say you can still catch a glimpse of Doll Baby walking the tracks. Many Folk's who stay nearby at the Historical Wedding Cake Inn report a wonderful sweet smell that fills the room, then disappears as quickly as it came.

dorothea333
dorothea333

For the first time I tried Fracas. I was expecting to be blown away by it's beauty, it's larger-than-life- appearance, as I really like white florals. And this one is supposed to be the queen of all white florals.

But Fracas is pure-evil-in-a-bottle.

As a child by mistake I ate a spoon of whipped cream, that had gone bad. After that I didn't go near whipped cream for years.
And to day I relived that experience. I never got to smell any flowers just the 'creaminess' of very very old cream. It hit me really hard like a pan to my forehead, and for a few deeply confused moments, I actually considered leaving the perfume on to give it a chance to develop in a more friendly way. But I simply couldn't, it was just to nauseating.
Don't blind buy this frag. You might belong to the ones who adore it, and who have a skin chemestry to pull it off. But it seems that there is really no in between here. And if you don't love it, you have a good chance to belong to the minority of us, who desperately consider chewing off an arm or two to get rid of the smell.

perfumebox
perfumebox

Fracas is for me the ultimate tuberose fragrance. Very tart, very heady, with a hit of buttery, over-ripe indolic fleshiness and a shock of wet green-ness that references a big bunch of moist, live flowers. There is a brightness and a joyful strength to the scent, combined with a voluptuousness.

I reserve this timeless beauty for days when I feel like a (happy) diva, and I haven't met a man - including my husband - who didn't think it smelt beautiful. Just use a light hand because it has fantastic sillage and lasting power. Don't give Fracas a bad reputation by overdoing it. I find 1 (2 squirts max) of the EDP to be more than enough for the day.

And you better like big white floral perfumes cos this is the queen of them all!

MsFCAS
MsFCAS

This is my first review and it's only fitting that it is of Fracas. I love it. I just find it too strong for everyday wear. That's a lot of flower going on.

I'll probably spend my life trying to find an "everyday" Fracas. It makes me weak in the knees and slightly dizzy. All good.

pansylady

The way that Fracas develops on my skin makes me think of a woman's maturational process

Top notes: Gum-chewing teenybopper, giggly and giddy

Mid notes: Blossoming young woman, oozing phermomones

Base notes: Mature, matronly woman wearing cashmere, gloves and pearls

By the way- it's been over two years since I've smelled it- so I guess this is one of those scents that leaves a long memory trail-

lia78
lia78

A burst of Gardenia! A burst of Glade! Creamy and sweet tuberose in the end. This has such great reputation and I don't want to be one of those to go against it's decades and millions of fans, but, I have to be truthful and honest. It's not my go to fragrance but, I admire it's pureness. I can imagine how this was such a hit in 1948 but growing up in the 90's with all the household products carrying gardenia scents... I can't imagine how this one can stand out without making a first impression of household/bathroom spray!
Perfumes make such lasting impressions because it triggers one of our sensory glands, marking a memory of what was... and what is.... a memory to some and to others, something totally new and possibly interesting enough to behold. However way, you wear your perfume, casual, formal or so, it will always remain personal and intimate. And wearing this requires a certain mood. Not an everyday fragrance for me. It has to be smelled close to the skin to be appreciated. It is love or hate! Hit or miss!
It's a risky scent to wear nowadays... you can either leave an impression of floral bathroom queen or floral tuberose goddess! I took a leap of faith and bought a bottle! I wear it now around the house... it makes me feel comfy and relaxed... I am now the "tuberose goddess of all the queen of bathroom scents"... haha

KaseyC
KaseyC

I got the 100ml bottle with the silkening body lotion in a gift box at a good price. It's a blind purchase as I've never tried this frag before. I have been very curious about this frag since I saw it on a youtube video and the name 'fracas' did catch my attention.

Before I tried, I was worried if this frag has a weird scent or some kind of burning plastic note that I associate with the package and bottle. OK, I just sprayed it once on my forearm. Hmmm, I couldn't identify all notes but there're some very noticeable: tuberose, orange blossom and gardenia. It's rich, strong, kind of heavy, sweet, kind of soapy, super feminine, elegant, dreamy, cozy... and a bit dark. It's definitely a frag for evening in the colder weather. The longevity and silage of this frag are reasonably good. For some reason, I was waiting for a citrus note to come out to WOW me but it just did not happen. Overall speaking, I like it but still far from buy it again.

FashionSavvyDolly
FashionSavvyDolly

I really wanted to like this one but it just wasn't for me. I'm sad about that. I travelled all the way Henri Bendel to smell it. However for me it was lacking something. Maybe too much tuberose for my liking? Not sure. But I didn't feel like it spoke to me. However I do respect and understand those who love it as it is a classic.

EDIT: I smelled the pure parfum and it's really lovely. Not sure why it changes so much in the Eau de Parfum form.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Fracas by Robert Piguet is unparalleled. I absolutely ADORE the classic simplicity of this fragrance. Lush, white gardenia and jasmine blossoms comprise the heart of this masterpiece. Sillage and longevity are moderate. A five star gem!

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

This is a fragrance you buy for yourself. It is not one that attracts compliments from others I find. Buy the lotion too, because it for some reason smells a little better in my view. I wear it to work. It's not so powerful one cannot do so. So much more interesting than the usual dept store offerings. Not for the under 40s perhaps.

greenelf
greenelf

I read somewhere that, because she was frequently cynical and depressed,when not actually drunk, Dorothy Parker used to wear the Mary Chess Tuberose fragrance. It reminded her of the Tuberose perfumes that morticians used to mask the smell of embalming chemicals in the late 19th century and she liked that it reminded her of death. Interesting! I have never had that association with this floral note and I wear sweet florals very well, so when I first tried on the Fracas perfume that I was given as a Sak's Fifth Avenue salesperson--(we got TRUCKLOADS of gratis!)--I quite fell in love with it. Elegant, long lasting and exquisitely feminine! A classic--for sure! It IS a love/hate fragrance--but then, all the really great ones are!

Madge101
Madge101

There is absolutely no middle ground with this, you will either love or despise.......personally I think this is perfection!

HATORI
HATORI

It`s light soft green, but long last tuberose

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Fracas is an interesting fragrance. It is a cacophonous mix of fruit and flower at first, almost too assertive in its boldness. After it settles a bit, it turns into a beautifully buttery tuberose. It's not like the fresh flower; that is heady and breathy in a bright white floral way. This smells just like natural tuberose absolute; the aroma of rich cream with just a touch of indolic flower. The pure natural material is far more subtle in strength. That is the true character of Fracas - natural, warm, creamy tuberose. Despite the complexity, it is simply beautiful. Surprisingly, the base of the perfume is beautiful. It retains its creamy tuberose character while acquiring a warm musky tone. It fades gracefully and gradually, as though melting into skin.

Worn gracefully, it's gorgeous, but it is also an easy one to overapply. Such a monolithic aroma is best worn as a subtle accent.

jellybeantree

I love you fracas! So special this fragrance! Tuberose at its finest!

ultracat
ultracat

I tried this one back to back with Carnal Flower.

I admit that I didn't like my first whiff of Fracas. There was something in it - menthol, maybe? - that reminded me (and I know this sounds strange) of root beer. Thankfully, the butterinesss kicked in after 10 minutes or so and things started to get good, then great, then amazing.

Fracas is less green than Carnal Flower. The menthol in the opening sort of serves the same purpose as the green note in Carnal Flower - to un-cloy the heavy florals. But after the menthol/root beer fades, Fracas goes the opposite direction. While Carnal Flower gets less creamy, more orangey in the drydown, Fracas actually gets creamier, more buttery. It's absolutely delicious.

So, I prefer Fracas in the drydown to Carnal Flower's drydown, but I love Carnal Flower's green opening. Since the drydown is most of the life of a perfume on my wrist, I'm leaning toward Fracas.

Museumgal
Museumgal

It's difficult to write about this one since everything has already been said about this timeless classic. Wonderful tuberose, lasts amazingly, should be in every white floral lovers test list. For me what stood out especially is the blending of the gardenia and tuberose notes. The tuberose is obviously the star but the gardenia is a wonderful supporting character here, you can smell both notes distinctively but they are really beautifully blended to complement each other. So I guess for all the clamoring about how wonderful a tuberose is, in truth this is really my very favorite gardenia scent.

Stephaniejanef
Stephaniejanef

I always respected this huge Perfume and testing it had been on my to-do list for a while. In the past year, I have morphed from loving spicy orientals to preferring opulent florals. I am on the hunt for a magnificent floral to fit my current desire, so I thought I'd try Fracas today. I am coming to terms with the fact that I am growing up and my tastes are becoming more lady-like.
After trying Fracas, I can rest assured that I have grown up but have yet to grow old. In other terms, I hated it.
I still respect it immensely, and know that it is perfect on some ladies, but on me, it was headache inducing and petulant. There is a specific note in it, that wants me to scrub the skin off my hand, as the scent will not go away. My humble opinion is that they should sell a heavy-duty soap in the shops were this perfume is available for testing. Somebody please tell me what note is doing this to me? I thought I liked tuberose, I love rose, I love white florals and appreciate all the ingredients in the base notes. Could it be the narcissus? There is a nagging flower in there somewhere..

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

I had read all the reviews and it appears that Fracas is either a love or hate scent. I don’t see middle of the road opinions. When I found a small bottle at a good price I decided to try it for myself.

First, I agree with the reviewer below who lives in Hawaii who found it to be almost a false tuberose. I have grown tuberose in my yard (I also live in Hawaii) and frequently enjoyed leis containing this flower. Fresh tuberose does not smell exactly like this. Too much fresh tuberose can be suffocating; however if I wear a lei with tuberose I don’t feel the need to immediately take it off or scrub myself, I merely wear it a while and then set it aside once the fragrance becomes overbearing. It can induce headaches because it is a very strongly scented flower, and normally leis include it only as an accent note, as the lei artist / florist will alternately string the flowers with carnation or rose buds and not present a strand of only tuberose which could be overwhelming to the recipient.

Having that in mind, I was expecting Fracas to have taken the tuberose and lightened it by blending with fresh components. Instead, Fracas takes tuberose and blends it with a massive dose of white flowers, led by orange blossom, creating a waxy fragrance that is by no means soft or gentle. I say waxy because that is the sensation I had wearing this; it was heavy and thick, pulling me down into a quicksand-like pool of oppressive and cloying floral sludge. There was an oily slick of plastic residue floating on the pool that clung to the tuberose and sticky peach, further thickening the composition. I put it on early in the day and soldiered on, waiting for a dry down or further developments, but it just remained in its waxy/plastic state and continued to emit its fumes; while they slightly reduced in strength as the hours wore on, the notes never changed or improved. Tuberose is a heavy scent, but I don’t think it improved by the addition of the orange blossom or gardenia which can also be heavy, and the hyacinth which drags it down further.

Obviously this one is not for me. After I managed to climb aboard a raft of soap and scrub it off, Fracas was removed from the premises and I hope not to encounter it again.

alicepolice
alicepolice

After a while of owning both Fracas and Truth or Dare, I must say I finally understand why the comparison of these two could be seen as an insult to Fracas. They are similar, but in no way comparable.

Fracas is a carefully constructed composition of flowers. You could say that if ToD is a sketch which captures the idea of an artwork, Fracas IS the artwork.

It meets you square whenever you try to flee. It's incredibly sweet, yet so very prominently flowery, as opposed to many other white flower scents, which can easily be mistaken as merely candy sweet. Fracas is almost a little bit cold, to me, which is why I love it so much. It finishes the spectrum -- this is a COMPLETED scent. That's what makes it so sublime.

I worship this creation. I really do.

muskymale
muskymale

This perfume reminds me of Coco Chanel when she said: "A woman must be two things: Classy and Fabulous. ". That, to me, summed up what Fracas is all about. J'aime Fracas...!

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

BAM! it is loud dark deep and happy to be alone <3 i love this perfume, it's my personal favorite! My fiance does not like it , he thinks it's too strong. But he also thinks strawberry smells awesome :) cool guy eh! this is what i would wear if i wanted everyone out of my way and everything to be done my own way! it's a woman wearing leather and high heels with a dark dark berry lipstik

Gardeniawhore
Gardeniawhore

One of the most fabulous white flower fragrances ever. For those that loved and now miss the original Tuvache Jungle Gardenia, this is not necessarily a dead ringer, but it does have very much the same effect with perhaps a touch more sophistication. The gardenia/tuberose note is quite voluptuous, buttery and lingering. The narcissus, iris,carnation and rose seem to linger the longest - meaning hours later - giving it a soft powdery dry down. This is a classic "diva" perfume that captures the scent of "fame", if there can even be such a scent! Wearing it makes one feel wonderfully glamorous, and not surprisingly, it was a favorite of the great American coloratura soprano Beverly Sills.

arae
arae

Love, Love, Love this perfume! It is sensual, and immediately brings a sigh from me when I spray it. It is a nighttime perfume for me, especially if I am going out with someone I am interested in. I love tuberose/ gardenia, and this reminds me of another favorite, Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder which I use sparingly because of the cost. Another reviewer said it is a simple perfume, and I agree, despite the numerous notes used to create it. Just White Flowers! I love it.

Nickie
Nickie

Far too shouty for me. I like something with a bit more mystery and calm. Fracas cuts to the chase straight away and I can't rein it in.

It's definitely a statement piece. Silage is huge and, if I'm brave and wear it till it disappears, I think it'll last a good 8-10 hours.

But, I'll stick with Naheema which gets its message across without the need for raised voices.

EDIT: I lasted (coped??) for 2 1/2 hours, but have had to wash it off. Not enough promise of more notes/ tones for me to carry on with it. A pity.

FBC
FBC

My favorite dress up and feel pretty perfume. A little goes a long way.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

I really wanted to like this – it has such history. Also, it smelled really enticing and unusual on a card.

But on my skin I found it too sweet and blowsy. I think it's the tuberose.

ncolep
ncolep

i love tuberose, but to me fracas smells like baby aspirin. i happen to like that smell, but not for the price

My story of tuberose
Read the reviews, googled tuberose, got the best price for Fracas on EBay, smelled the bottle, heaven. Put it on and it smelled hideous on me.
Curse you body chemistry.

bossontherun
bossontherun

Tuberose monster indeed. Damn! and WOW! Unisex hands down!!!

LOVE.
WANT.
NEED.
Oh, you delicious tuberose monster, why was I ever afraid?

lupereira
lupereira

A very, very, very dark floral... Uau! Baroque and majestic.

Anatares
Anatares

A masterpiece. In my opinion: the best tuberose scent.
Sweet and creamy, excellent lasting power, sophisticated and feminine.
A must have for big florals and tuberose lovers.
Very important: don't overspray it.

emilystajic
emilystajic

everything and more, this scent i had put off buying cause of price but all reviews were glowing and my best friend bought me a 3.4oz bottle. hurhhhh!!!! happy... wish for solid and extract!!! lol

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I think there must be something wrong with my nose! I read that Marilyn Monroe used to wear this, I read all of these amazing reviews, and so I expected the most amazing fragrance.

I tried it on and wasn't impressed but thought it must be just me. I bought it and sprayed it all over myself and all I can smell is buttery tuberose.

I can't believe someone as glamorous as Marilyn Monroe would wear Fracas! It smells so cheap and unexciting.

You could achieve the same effect as wearing Fracas by buying one of those Indian attars with the single note Tuberose. A small bottle of that would cost you about £3 as opposed to the £95 I spent on Fracas.

sosterland
sosterland

Just tried my sample of EDP today. I love fragrance but am just now starting to learn more about notes. I hear everyone talk about tuberose but I smelled almost a syrupy grape or plum scent at first which I did not like. I do not like plum notes like in poison original. Maybe it is just my untrained nose or did no one else get a grape or plum scent? Could it be the combo of tuberose and iris or peaches?

I appreciate you feedback. I'm really new to this but really want to learn more about fragrance. Thanks!

Aloken
Aloken

I first got a mini and with excitement, immediately applied it to my wrists. Within seconds I thought "What is this delicious smell?" I had to compare it to the now flowering tuberose I was growing and had wondered why the flowers did not smell as good as this.

On that day however, I had to go to the gym. Trapped in the back small dark stuffy room with a standing fan barely able to reach me... I had wished the stationary bicycle was real so I could escape and ride away from the sweetness emanating from me.

With most of my wearings now, I actually find it quite light and not heavy at all. Longevity is quite good.

lenorebarton
lenorebarton

It is said that our sense of smell is tightly bound with memory. Recently I was fortunate to purchase a vintage bottle of Fracas. The scent instantly brought memories of childhood and my maternal grandmother. A stunning redhead, she worked as an executive secretary in Manhattan. Always impeccable, dressed in the most beautiful clothes, every hair in place. I recall Fracas intermingling with the fragrance of her cigarettes, the coffee she constantly drank, the gentle touch of her violet scented face powder and bees wax scarlet lipstick left on my forehead after she bent to kiss me.
The perfume itself is lovely, a brilliant floral. Bold tuberose, gardenia made creamy by sandalwood, hyacinth--not just the hyacinth flowers, but the tender green shoots and leaves as well. A bit of quiet musk keeps Fracas from being overly frou-frou, although it is definitely girly. old fashioned, but in a "timeless", "classic" way.
Is it the memories that make me enjoy Fracas so much or is it the scent itself? I do not know, but to me, this perfume is beautiful.

RoseBourbon
RoseBourbon

Tuberose and white flowers perfume, so feminine, sensual and pure. I knew about it for years and didn't buy it, but let's face it, it's special, cannot be taken for any other perfume and can be worn at any age. It accompanies you and it involves you in a beautiful scent without suffocating, with a wave of perfume behind you. So lovely no wonder it resists on the market since the 1940's. Thumbs up from me. One negative thing: I like it so much I don't feel like wearing it, something like not any occasion is worthy of it. I have this thing to make reserves of perfumes I like especially for the one that are out of the market.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Tuberose, Gardenia, with a grounding note of musk. High Register. Soprano with warmth and a slight bouquet of upper register florals.

From the first spray of this, I was hooked... this has a first blast that is very fresh... I can see why someone said that if I liked Eau du Ciel that I should try this one. It has a very clean, bright, uplifting aroma to it which draws me in - and wants me to smell some more.

-------------

I heard that this is Martha Stewart's Signature Scent, which says quite a lot. I've always thought that Martha has impeccable and exquisite taste. She is very classic and is always on the cutting edge of home designer trends... I value her input and have learned a lot through her over the years!

-------------

Based on a number of people's reviews, they said that Madonna's Truth or Dare was very similar to this... so I tried a sample of both Truth or Dare - and Fracas to compare the two. Truth or Dare is more high and sweet than Fracas. There is a depth to Fracas that is not found in the notes of Truth and Dare. Both are HIGH Register, Soprano scents. Madonna's is wearing much lighter and a bit less intrusive - within the first 15 minutes of spraying. I will have to wear them longer to really see how they unfold, then report back.

The first hour of wear, I'm liking the Fracas better due to depth and dimension that it has, which I'm not finding in the Truth or Dare scent. I think that both have their place in your wardrobe, particularly if you like fragrances that are higher octave, bright, clear, and clean. Madonna's wears a bit less intrusive than Fracas and would probably be a better fit if you worked in a tight space with others or were attending a social event where you were having to sit really close with other people... like a movie theater, theater performance, airplane, or may be in an elevator with a lot of people. Fracas has much more silage on my skin.

The endurance test - about 8 hours into wearing...
Madonna's Truth or Dare comes out the clear winner here. Fracas is still slightly detectable, but Truth or Dare is showing up with a form that you would expect fragrances to carry into the 4th and 5th hours of wear, rather than 8 hours later.

I'm still partial to the initial 2-3 hours of wear with Fracas, I feel that it has its own voice and would definitely have a place in the same fragrance wardrobe with someone who wears Madonna's Truth or Dare. They are both sisters and fruits from the same tree.

--------------

Joy is a lower octave than Fracas. If you like the full bodied beginning of Fracas, you may also like Joy. However, Joy has a very strong carnation scent as it dries down on the skin... or at least it did with my chemistry.

If you like Fracas and Madonna's Truth or Dare - try Calvin Klein's Eternity (the original, not the flankers). It hits in this same register... a very high, sweet fragrance - clean, crisp - but a little bit one-dimensional.

---------------

Have I added this to my own personal collection? Yes - and No. I ordered a small sample to see how often I wear this fragrance and to see what type of response other people have when I am wearing it. So far, it is wearing slightly higher octave than I typically wear. In my opinion, it is super sweet and would require just the right event or mood. In my opinion, I feel that this would be a much better spring/summer fragrance than winter/fall... but that's my own taste.

zsuzsa.popucza
zsuzsa.popucza

I usually like strong perfumes but this one is choking me but I can imagine that in the future on my 40-45 I´m gonna like it.
But I´m in love with the little one Petit Fracas

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Must love tuberose! Which, happily, I do, at least when it is this caliber of tuberose...Fracas is intoxicating. A big, bold opening full of tuberose, underpinned with orange blossom, bergamot, and a frisson of aldehydes. Next up, tuberose, with an assortment of other florals in supporting roles, and a spicy note I don't see in the listed notes; smells of cassia and white pepper, perhaps a hint of clove? Geranium, carnation, lilac, narcissus, more tuberose. A distinct coconut scent, probably from the warming of the tuberose at this point. The merest allusion to peach. Now, sandalwood, vetiver, a bit of oakmoss, cedar, light musk, and something rooty-buttery, presumably iris root. And tuberose, of course...

Rich as custard and smooth as silk, narcotic and uber-sensual. A floral to end all florals, and a stronger showcase for tuberose than many tuberose soliflores. Blissfully free of the cheap, suntan lotion undertones of lesser tuberose scents, Fracas is deservedly a classic. A masterpiece of perfumery, and while I can't argue with calling it feminine, in a very sexy, womanly way, I also think it smells unconventionally delicious on men. One for the ages.

Sillage is perfect---I like to know I'm wearing perfume! Others will know it, too, but not, I believe, in any obtrusive way. Duration is very good as well. Both EdP and pure parfum highly recommended.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I know this is a classic scent but I haven't smelled it until recently. I just tried it again this weekend.
Fracas is a tuberose bomb, for those ladies who own or tried Truth or Dare, Fracas bears uncanny resemlence to it. Its also full of tuberose and gardenia so if you don't like white florals, stay away.
One thing about Truth or Dare, its a lot sweeter than Fracas, almost cloying at times but Fracas is definately more floral and not quite as sweet.
The lasting power is awwsome on Fracas-one spray lasted me for hours. Contrary to what some reviewers were saying, I don't see this scent as "vintage" or from another era. I was expecting it but its surprisinly modern. It is truly a classic.
P.S. Incidentally, another reviewer said that it smells like cheap Hawaiian oils-I have to disagree with that. I live in HI and smelled most of locally made gardenia and tuberose oils and none bear simularities to Fracas. Most of those actually concentrate on green fresh gardenias/tuberose.
Fracas is much sweeter and more complex, no comparison there. Its a unique scent and I would love to own a small bottle of this.

Joan Marie Bauman

Such a lot of reviews have been inspired by Fracas! I just tried it a few days ago, and liked it somewhat. Then it warmed up outside! Oh boy! Such a difference! All the warmest, smoothest, most delectable floral joys melt on my skin. I was so captivated by these divine scents, that I couldn't concentrate properly on anything, and walked around smiling in a sort of white flowers induced narcotic-like daze. Mmmmm! Yummy!
Strangely, Blonde by Versacci makes me deathly ill. I give it a try now and again, to be democratic, but just can't stomach it. It's an immediate wash-off, and still lasts for hours. Shalimar is the other total failure on me. Unlike Blonde, it lasts for three days in spite of the wash-off attempts. Ugh! Such a waste on my skin type.
So I was frankly surprised by my body's immediate affinity for Fracas - surprised and delighted! Now I'm plotting to buy more of it without ruining myself financially, yet making sure that what I get is the real thing. Any suggestions?

For me, Fracas is just so lovely. Wearing it has nothing to do with force of character or boldness, or the desire to make a statement! I simply love the way it smells on me! I feel veiled in sunlight, warmth, and the beauty of Nature's most wonderful flowers. Feminine to the max, yes! But one doesn't need to be brazen or assertive to wear Fracas! Just a lover of white flowers!
I get lots of gardenia with the warm sunshine. As a child in my grandmother's garden, I first discovered perfect gardenias, and spent many long minutes inhaling their splendid fragrance, comparing the freshly opened blossoms with fully opened, and then with the slightly older ones. Blonde, for me, has captured the scent of the already too-old gardenias! Nausea-inducing!
Fracas has put the perfect, mature-but-still-young, gardenias in a bottle, then added golden green leafy light, finishing with warm and loving sunshine. Germaine Cellier has certainly out-done all other perfumers with this creation!
Hors catégorie!

claudiad13
claudiad13

OK, wow I am a true lover of white flower. My own mother says that white flower is for "old ladies" how mistaken. White flower is for "elegant ladies". Fracas is the Mother of White Flower (pun intended). I loved everything about the perfume from the first smell of Tuberose to the hint of Gardenias I smell. It is my favorite White Flower perfume I have ever smelled. I only have a sample of the perfume but I have an idea that this going to be my mother's day gift!!! hahah

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

Orange opening against violet purple mountains. Multi white super luminous milky, creamy, warm, a bed with layered with petals, some yellow, pink and red bits here and there. Pale warm, sleepy, lazy, happy, satisfied skin bodies. Parquetry floor under the sun exhaling woodsy balmy scents.

Fracas makes me think of Toulouse Lautrec's series of works representing a couple in bed 1892. Specially that one in which the woman has her own arms framing her head and on the fluffy pillow. It was the first scent that clearly recalled an artwork I knew. I had connected scents to colours or vague images before but this was my first art-frag match.

Perhaps because against many of the previous reviewers opinions, I don't think of the noise in this scent as that attention which a showing off, loud, rich, spoilt and banal women will continuously be calling and needing in which I don't find any glamour by the way.

No, Fracas is much more for me. It is the scent I fantasize was first worn by women who against an enormous social pressure, fought to create space enough for them to breath and be, achieving to make their desires become visible and true. Intelligent, tenacious, sensitive, strong, untameable, truly beautiful women.

Probably some of us would find them a little naive today in some aspects. That's the reason why I like using Fracas just some days, when I need to feel like a hopeful unbeatable warrior surrounded by beauty.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Boring review here. I can't pick out notes like I used to in music class years ago. But this one I seem to be liking the longer it is on "my chest, neck". I dabbed some on my wrists and I guess it wasn't close enough to my nose, so I wasn't so fond of it. It really developed into a delightful fragrance when I put it on my heart. It is feminine and just depends on what mood you are in if you want to wear it everyday. I don't think I'm ever that loyal to one fragrance. I'll put this up there with my top 10, which get rotated. I think you should give it a try next time you are at the big department stores that sell it. Some fragrances go "off" after awhile, and I'm not sure whether this would do that or not. I don't know about it being vintage smelling, if it works, then it works :D I like it!

Edit: 11/13.....Well, if you were to describe this fragrance in one term, that word would be 1940's woman who wears slacks. Now, you know what that means. Because in the 1940's most women still wore skirts "all the time". It's nice however. Since I live in the modern world, but things are still very much the same as they were, I will only revisit this once in a blue moon, or sell it off. It's not bad though, my first review was my initial thought. Tonight it's cold out, and fragrance always really shows it's true personality in the cold blasts of winter, and that is how she is.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

I am always amazed at how differently a perfume evolves on different people. On me, Fracas starts with a powerful waft of tuberose and animalic scents. Then, miraculously, after about 10 minutes, it is an enveloping caress made of soft, oh so soft, tuberose with a tinge of coconut and peach creaminess. It stays very close to my skin, and has none of that overpowering quality often described. Definitely very feminine, but not in a femme fatale or a girly kind of way. Just perfect. One of my very favourite perfumes.

Joan Marie Bauman

I am considering purchasing fracas - it intrigues me! But the price puts me off, and from the reviews I can't begin to tell what it could smell like on me. How does one get hold of a sample of this fascinating fragrance?

rachelcerq
rachelcerq

For every compliment I get on another perfume, I get ten for Fracas. But it must be applied with caution. If you can, try/purchase the pure parfum so you can dab it on (because a full spray can cause headaches).

When dabbed on your neck and chest, the warmth of your body lifts this perfume, and you smell nothing short of a goddess. I have many perfumes in my collection, but this is the one I reach for when I want to keep my boyfriend leaning in to kiss my neck when we are out. And it works every time. :)

Fracas is exquisitely feminine. Rating: 5/5.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

To me it smells mostly of tuberose and amber.... it's really rather brilliant... I would never have guessed their were so many notes. This is a gorgeous sexy fully bodied jessica rabbit type ;)

I owned Fracas and I have4 owned Blonde by Versace and they are very much two entirely different perumes. The only similarity is the strong tuberose note. But in blonde the tuberose comes accross verry different, its more of a white floral with a clean musky base.... tuberose, not a amber tuberose, fracas only starts out like a white floral /tuberose perfume... ends up very different, very quickly.... I guess if you like blonde, for the daytime then fracas might be a good nighttime perfume for you. And they are most definently very different enough from each other to constitute purchasing both perfumes

Personally, I love Fracas... and really didn't care for wearing blonde. While it is a quality perfume... there is an eliment about it that just really didn't suit my taste. A nd I do love these types of white floral tuberose perfumes... just idk, not blonde

freddinos
freddinos

What a lovely, delicate yet powerful floral perfume!I tried a sample of the EDP. It reminded me very much of the heavenly smell of a certain variety of gardenia that can only be found in the emerald Ionian Islands in Greece. Fracas is not loud or bold to my nose, just creamy, white floral and utterly feminine. I can almost detect a coconut note that stands for richness and oiliness. Would gladly purchase a full bottle, it would work magic during warm, well dressed nights out on my holidays in the greek islands this year...

hadassa
hadassa

Bold, dense, loud, thick white floral, creamy to the point of greasiness, insolent and gorgeous.

Gigantic tuberose, overripe peach, intoxicating jasmine, poisonous gardenia. Fracas is beautiful, but deadly.

I heard Courtney Love and Madonna wear it. This is exactly how I picture personae that would pull this off.

A diva kind of a woman would wear it well. If you don't feel like you are a diva, don't even bother.

Fracas is an undoubted masterpiece which I personally dislike.

I heard Courtney Love and Madonna wear it. This exactly how I picture personae that would pull this off.

Fracas is an undoubted masterpiece which I personally dislike.

leeyah87
leeyah87

Fracas is a candied and syrupy Tuberose. I get a good deal of fruit nectar mixed in with the heady white florals. Hubby always says I smell like Pez candy when I wear it.

seashellbikini
seashellbikini

Reviewing the current eau de parfum, dabbed. After reading some of my favorite reviewers and perfume bloggers describe Fracas as "almost sinister," "can be overwhelming," "incredibly sensual," "heady," etc. I was prepared to have my mind blown. Since I was dabbing, I put on quite a bit. At first it was a lovely green, fresh tuberose blend. Then it softened down to a really lovely soft floral. Then it was gone. In 2 1/2 hours. About an hour in, my husband had to put his nose right against my wrist to smell it and his response was "That's pretty and soft." Sigh. No va va voom there!

I'm going to try to get a sample of the parfum and see if it is more of the classic floral bombshell I was looking for. Or maybe some of the vintage formulation.

aveilhe
aveilhe

Fracas is an opulent, over-the-top, baroque tuberose perfume. This is what tuberose candy would smell like (does such a think exist?). Fracas begs for attention...no, she demands it. Bright, tart, saccharine, fizzy, creamy -- all at once. If you are not prepared, she will give you a cavity!

I can't say that I would actually wear this fragrance (I am testing a decant), but I'm so glad I tried it! I have truly never smelled anything quite like it. It's a very particular take on tuberose: all of the earthy sensuality of tuberose is down-played, while the heady, creamy, uber-sweet aspects (this comes in part from a grape-like jasmine note) are emphasized.

I personally like my tuberose a bit more subdued, but if you are looking for a floral/tuberose fragrance that is ripe-fruity-sweet and no-holds-barred, then look no further!

RedDeLishus
RedDeLishus

The only thing wrong about this perfume is its cost. And even that is only because it is out of my range. With the amount needed to even get a hint, it is more than worthy of its price. And the scent is incredibly distinctive and luscious, also more than worthy of the price. When I am able to get my hands on this I never use the spray, because it give too much.
It can be very repulsive to people though. It is perfect for a few, and otherwise not at all. There isn't much of an in-between.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Sorry tuberose lovers - Whether I sniff this on a card or on my skin, it smells like petrol, also sulphurous, so a diesel fart I'm afraid. I know I'm not alone in finding tuberose difficult, it's love or hate I think. Mind you, Fracas isn't as bad as Poison to my nose. Oh how I hated that perfume

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I smelled this on a card, with high hopes that it would be all the things you ladies spoke about.

...I hated it. I've smelled this on women in the past (not knowing what it was) and always been offended by it. Now I know.

tubereuse
tubereuse

A very nice scent on others...only wish that it could be good on me. For some reason, it's always been kinda meh. Planning to try again soon as this is definitely worth another shot!

frant
frant

This is my favorite scent. It was suggested to me by a very dear friend and I've worn Fracas for a number of years.
For quite some time it was difficult to find, but a shop had a supply that I bought out, even their little tester/sample sizes. Only the parfum, I don't care for the lotion. Fortunately, it became available again, but not too well known or widely available. I've never met anyone else who wears it. It is my signature scent and I guard it closely.

disti
disti

Fracas has been a very succesful blind purchase for me, just went by "a decades old classic" and "smells of tuberose". I have the roll-on version, so it goes very easily in my evening clutch.

It reminds me of a whole different era. Very seductive, elegant and feminine. Noir.

Miss eva_6418
Miss eva_6418

Hi Everyone , just wondering whether this fragrance does actually smell like versace blonde. I have never smelt this before. Im in love with versace blonde I think they have stopped making it, so Im looking for something that smells similar. Does the fracas?

gmstrack
gmstrack

I finally tried Fracas, and although it isn’t the type of fragrance that I typically wear, it was everything I hoped it would be: intense and visceral. There are already several fantastic reviews describing Fracas, so I really do not have anything to add, except I can only imagine what it was like to sniff this in 1948. It must have been mind blowing, like hearing the Stooges’ “I Wanna Be Your Dog” for the first time in 1969, although Fracas doesn’t evoke same sense of self-loathing. Today, contemporary music uses new technology unavailable to Brian Eno during the 1960s and 70s. In perfumery, we have Carnal Flower, an excellent tuberose update; however, the 2005 iteration can only aspire to evoke the same magic (cultural relevance) created by the initial composition.

5/5 Hard-hitting: three chords and the truth.

persefoni
persefoni

At first i was a bit sceptical about this one, as i'm not really a flower lover..

However, i was rather intrigued by the fact that it has been around for so many years, and so many people praise it, so i went to a niche shop and tried Fracas, Bandit, Baghari... and, alas!

This is much more than i had expected - sublime!! Fracas is by far the strongest and somehow the most contemporary! It must have been a true pioneer at its time. Whereas Bandit reminds of other chypres of the time, and inevitably brings to mind older women, Fracas smells modern, bold and timeless!

I bet Blonde by Versace was a first cousin of this one!

Baghari, on the other hand, is a warm, oriental vanilla, with lots of chocolate and cocoa to my nose! Also magnificent!

The prices in Athens, Greece, are shameful, for that matter... almost double the American ones... Pity..

mimikins24
mimikins24

I used to wear Fracas a number of years ago, but did not re-buy it after my bottle was done. I ended up with a small parfum as part of a swap. Now I can't remember why I ever stopped wearing this gem!

Although the list of notes is overwhelming, this fragrance is really a bombastic green tuberose. In the drydown, I find the green, citrus notes fade, and I get a light musk/sandalwood base --- but this is an unapologetic, heady and loud white floral, from start to finish. I know others will disagree, but I do not detect any of the indolic notes associated with some white florals.

Very feminine and seductive, I like wearing this scent for evenings best, but if applied sparingly, I think Fracas would be fine for day. Definitely not for the faint of heart, in my opinion Fracas gives and requires an air of confidence from a woman.

Great longevity and powderful fragrance, so I prefer to just dot a bit of the parfum on pulsepoints --- no EDP spray for me!!

ChloeYellow
ChloeYellow

This fragrance reminds me of my childhood memories. When the aunt and my grandmother gathered in the house. The smell of tuberose and jasmine mingled in the air. I get the same fragrance in traditional weddings some of my family. The combination of tuberose and jasmine. Memories that mean so much. If I missed them, I would wear fracas. I'm happy with fracas.....

L0vely
L0vely

Fracas is one fragrance I am going to love for a long long time, although it smells very similar to private collection tuberose gardenia which I also have and love.. I also love both for their longevity because I really love strong fragrances.

joyviolet
joyviolet

I wore Fracas in 1983 and it was perfect for me then. I tried it again in the mid-90's and it made me physically ill and I broke out in hives. Wow! How could it change so drastically in a decade? Maybe it was my chemistry that changed. I will never know, sadly, I threw it in the bin.

Jayela
Jayela

My friends say that s an old lady fragrance. I am really really upset about it. What do you think??

aber19
aber19

This is one of the best perfume ever created for sweet tuberose, gardenia and jasmine lovers. It is great value for money, it really lasts over 12-24hours. On the skin it is 12hr and on clothes 24hrs. The exceptional quality of ingredients are the key for this one. This perfume is romantic, sexual and really uplifting. This masterpiece still stands the test of time. Every perfume collector should have a bottle of this luxury fragrance. This is a timeless classic whereby any age group can wear. Just imagine walking in a fragrant garden and smelling the beautiful banquet.

allayloo
allayloo

I enjoy many of the more vintage and heavy sophisticated scents, but not this one. Fracas is a scent that I would love to love based upon what everyone seems to think of it, but it is quite honestly the most intolerable scent I have ever put on my skin.

Screaming, cloying tuberose that doesn't scrub off very easily: to me, this is Fracas. I seem to be in the minority, though.

Catty

My Sample arrived, and Fracas is really Great! I Love tuberose and I would say that Fracas is the haute Couture Tuberose and Carolina Herrera the pret-a-porter One. The Carolina Herrera's scent is Fracas, the Inspiration to create CH.

I Agree with Many Reviews that say, that Fracas is not easy to carry. It's beautiful but it's a Heavy floral, appropriate for evenings.

I Stay with CH, top quality, Lighter and Easy to wear.

Anyway, a very beautiful fragance.

Whit
Whit

So, I've been trying this out since I got it. First off, it really is the ultimate tuberose, as everyone else has noted. Upon first application, I was like "Whoa! This is LOUD!" and I was thinking I had made a mistake about blindly purchasing it. But, it settled and became a very beautiful, mysterious and sexy-in-a-refined way aroma. It smells old-fashioned (I mean that in a good way), and modern at the same time. I must say, I feel rather snooty while wearing this! LOL If you're a die hard tuberose fan and you've never tried this, please give it a go because no others compare to it. It's simply mahvalous dahling! :)

Catty

I loovveee tuberose! until now, my beloved floral is Carolina Herrera a pure tuberosexjasmin combination.
As I´ve heard so much from this classic; the tuberose mother from all other fragrances that came after it in the market. I will give it a try.

I just ordered the sample, and I tell you later if I can with that, since many people here said that Fracas is not easy to wear...

Paloma Lette
Paloma Lette

Another white floral? I should probably start steering away from florals and explore completely different notes, but when the salesman tells me that this fragrance was worn by none other than Marilyn Monroe, and that this perfume is the original tuberose, why ever would I say no? Tuberose is one of my all time favourite scents, it’s very womanly and provocative, but in a very sensual way. The concept of this fragrance is enchanting, it’s objective is desire.

I was surprised to see just how many notes this perfume actually contains, seeing as it’s so heavily forefront with tuberose, I really don’t smell a lot of the citrus top notes, I smell mostly the florals and muskier/woody base notes, particularly musk, cedar and sandalwood. Almond is very present for me, I love almond blossom, it’s very amorous on a woman, very adultery. The base notes bring to life in this fragrance a butter rich, almost caramel like exuberant, which I am beginning to become drawn to in perfumes. Fracas is long lasting, the notes don’t change with time, the scent is always present, I can detect hints of gardenia, rose and orange blossom at different times, all notes in which compliment my skin incredibly well. I love the simplicity of this fragrance, it’s not highly commercialised, it remains classic, like Chanel. Whilst it remains modern, when I spray this, I get an array of vintage history, being that classic fragrances were made for “older” people, back then, you didn’t get many young teens wearing Chanel, like I see some doing so these days, Fracas is clean and not at all youthful in my opinion, so many fragrances these days market “youthful” to target to a younger audience, I refuse to purchase any of those fragrances, I love the unapologetic classics.

The bottle and packaging is very overly pink, and it’s usually the shade of pink that I hate, I’m not a huge fan of the overpowering magenta and fuchsia, I do however like the refinement and recognisable black bottle, black I feel sets a tone, a base, then the colour and added notes flow from the foundation. I have been reading reviews of users saying that it was too strong a sense, tuberose has been described the same way as patchouli, you either love it or you hate it, there is no in between, I can see it being overpowering for some people, or even potent, however in my opinion, if you wear this fragrance the way Robert Piguet intended, with simplicity and femininity, it will capture, Fracas is definitely now considered a favourite of mine, I could never have too much tuberose!

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

Creamy tuberose made soft by a hint of coconut. It smells like rich velvety petals of a tropical flower.

It is a very good fragrance from start to finish, but I wouldn't wear it often. This is timeless and show stopping. Worth a try.

leighhannah
leighhannah

I can't believe I blind bought this in the early days of perfume collecting, but it worked out so well, I love it! I do get the blast of tuberose and the animalic (sex) aspect to this perfume right away, and although it changes and softens, the tuberose is always present. It’s a rich, classic perfume, but beware: it’s very big initially. One time I put one drop between my breasts on a train, and forced the passenger behind me to move. Oops, pardon me.

vld
vld

The tuberose is gigantic. I was a Fracas lover from the first time I smelled it. It is a bold,hot fragrance so a little goes along way. I love the sweetness that clings With a deepness. It has a mysterious quality that is like nothing else I can put my finger on.. Definitely a perfume for those who love sweetness with lots of Tuberose and want to feel voluptuous and mysterious. I refrain from wearing this in summer as it is too warm for a summer scent. Love to take a candlelit bath then slip into bed on a cold winter night wearing Fracas.

cinema1974

fracas I usally purchase the cheaper perfume version, well I just purchased the real purfume version and it was like expensive but it smells wonderful...you only need on squirt...the Neuiman Marcus website has it and it the pure perfume version with the gold spun on the top bevel...well it last really long and worth the price...

Henriette
Henriette

I realized I wrote reviews for all the other historical Piguet's scents but Fracas. Don't know why. Maybe because this is such a controversial fragrance, as all masterpieces truly are controversial.
I find this is controversial with me too even though I love and have been using Fracas for long.
It's not an easy perfume, not for every day. It's sumptuous and, while Shalimar and Mitsouko and L'Heure Bleue are sumptuous as well, the Guerlain's ones are easier to wear. I would never feel out of place with Shalimar or Mitsouko as their richness is more discreet, maybe most widely "accepted" while Fracas has to be regarded as a fragrance for special occasions.
This does not mean that I never use it when I wear jeans and go to the supermarket or take my son to school, it's more a matter of inner disposition. There are days when I feel more comfortable wearing Fracas no matter how elegant I am or how special my occasions are. But for sure I can't think of wearing it 7 days a week, it would make me feel just too much.
All that said the scent is rich, feminine, long lasting and special in many ways. If you love the Great Classical Scents you can't miss having or trying it. Yes, trying. Do not let you be stopped at sniffing Fracas at the counter: take a sample, wear it and then ... just fall in love with Fracas ...

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I really tried liking this, because it is said to remind of Paris and glamour, and let me just say, if Paris smells like this perfume I never want to go. I tried and tried and tried, maybe it doesn't work on my skin, I just feel so repulsed by this smell, I don't get it at all. All I get is grandma, medicine and morgue.

100mlEDT

Thankyou Madonna for leading me to Fracas ! Truth or Dare is a homage to Fracas ! So what ! I don't know why people get their fragrant knickers in a knot when people make comparison ! The notes share the same floral family and while there is a tuberose reference in ToD fracas is a standout fragrance that owns quality and iconic history ! Don't they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery , relax people !
Apon smelling Truth or Dare I fell hard for tuberose and now I have Fracas , that's a good thing , so many fragrances smell like other fragrances , you can only re invent the wheel so many times , don't take things so personally ! Not naming names (ah hem )
As I collect fragrances and wear what I please I actually preference ToD over fracas , thou the quality of Fracas is better I find madonnas offering more creamy and I get a little green which I think is very complimentary ! Well done to both fragrances ,

cinema1974

Fracas I have been wearing since 1989 and i agree it does not smell like Madonna pefume. This is one of the first perfumes my aunt purchased for me when I was a teen. It was her favorite and then it became mine. I love this perfume and it in a class of its own...

angelic4296
angelic4296

People need to stop comparing this to Madonna's Truth or Dare. She might have (arrogantly) thought in HER mind that she created a fragrance inspired by this, but Truth or Dare DOESN'T COME CLOSE. The ONLY similarity is that they're both scents based on white florals. PLEASE, for the love of all that is good, STOP making such an INSULTING comparison....insulting to Fracas. Truth or Dare is like the wannabe pitiful version of this, AT BEST.

Ejlgsp71
Ejlgsp71

So delighted to have this one at last. Timeless gorgeousness. Perfect creamy tuberose.

irisjetaime

Un jour après avoir mis ce parfum, dans l'habitacle de ma voiture un parfum de gardénia flottait.
c'était délicieux.
La ceinture de sécurité avait frotté contre mon cou imbibé de Fracas.
Tout ce qui fait le côté vert du parfum avait disparu et un parfum opulent flottait....
C'était bien agréable.

Très vert sur ma peau.
Frais et voluptueux en même temps.
Je me suis parfumée à 13h30 et à 17h00, le narcisse est toujours présent. J'adore.
Il me semble être en février avec ces bulbes de jacinthe que l'on vend en hiver peu après Noël, associé à la tubéreuse, les narines sont à la fête....

Ana_Raio
Ana_Raio

It is a perfume for special occasions ... Classic, elegant and original. A masterpiece! Transmits authenticity and personality. Leave a trail floral very nice ...

É um perfume para ocasiões especiais... Clássico, elegante e original. Uma obra-prima! Transmite autenticidade e personalidade. Deixa um rastro floral muito agradável...

cuivre
cuivre

INCREDIBLE!!!

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Fracas' reputation precedes its character. The reality of this perfume whose name means "noisy brawl" is one of depth, comfort, and owning the room but with elegance. No, this is not a quiet perfume, but what does one expect? No need for a noisy brawl, Fracas wins a fight with a dismissive one liner. "There's the door, what's your hurry?"

Fracas is the spirit of wit and a certain air quotes femininity of the woman who wears bright lipstick during a "natural look" season. She knows better than to let anyone dictate her pleasure or mess with her irrepressable self-made beauty. Fracas is a rumored favorite of many complicated, uniquely beautiful, and stylish people, not to name-drop, but these give an idea of the this perfume's personality--uncompromising: Iman, Stevie Nicks, Courtney Love, Martha Stewart, Madonna, Edie Sedgwick, Isabella Blow, rebellious debutantes, and some perfumista men (shoutout to the late, great Robert White <3).

The current version is blended into a single entity, sui generis--you'll smell only of Fracas: butter-rich, kinetic, self-assured. Some say a tuberose soliflore, but the jasmine, amber, greens, and other florals are remarkable too.

Upon falling for Fracas I thought that meant tuberose feeding frenzy. It turns out Fracas' tuberose is one of the most refined and least assaultive out there. And though loud fragrances are too often wrongly dismissed, many tuberose bombs wear the wearer out, great perfumes all but hard to get right: Poison, Amarige, Byzance, Carnal Flower, yes even Giorgio and the prank of the bunch: Tubereuse Criminelle ... these aren't as forgiving as Fracas.

Fracas is not just a sprayed out bit of alcohol settling into your skin; it's a song or movie playing out all around you and drawing you in. The concept of Germaine Cellier's original creation retained in today's version is a distillation of what a woman knows other women might like to be: present but alluring, complicated but unfussy, elegant but unapologetic.

Fracas does last, but more into undulation and trajectory than a correlate of time. Some days it's only strong enough for two hours, other times it graces me with its presence all day. The most striking thing about Fracas is how much the fragrance moves: its sillage is a sort of veil dance. The name would suggest getting picked up (the cops, a John, a cab at 4 AM), but really this is an anytime pick-me-up.

muncierobson
muncierobson

i sampled this after trying madonna's truth or dare - had heard that it was inspired by fracas.

The similarities were obvious, sweet white florals, heavy (almost overpowering) sweet and musky notes..

Reminded me of gardens I often run past, especially on a damp summer's evening - not sure which floral was which - therefore i deduce its expertly blended, distinctive and very original (I like truth or dare too)!

Fracas is addictive.. i cannot stop sniffin my arm and love it when a gust of air blows it towards my nose...

It is def a lov or hate scent - some said i smelled like an old lady, others said i smelt divine.

Prob not an everyday scent, could perhaps become overpowering.. thought I am more than happy for her to take control of my senses!!!

Kasane14
Kasane14

I don't think strong florals and I get along. I wanted so badly to like this--the legendary wearers, the black bottle, the great label--but it's soooooooo sweeeeeeeeet.

After crawling out from under the enormous pile of tuberoses, I tried to give it a chance by letting it dry down. After thirty minutes I decided forever that I am not a Fracas person and had to wash it off, but not before getting a migraine.

I kept it anyway becuse I still love the bottle.

HilaryAppleFace
HilaryAppleFace

Honestly, what can I say about this scent that hasn't already been said? It's a glamorous and chaotic scent with a ladylike twist. An over-ripe, super sweet and tropical tuberose with an old-fashioned feel. It's sexy, loud, somewhat obnoxious, but at the same time it is charming and kittenish. Fracas is the girl that's screaming for attention, but once she gets it, she purrs and settles down. Fracas is so many things at once that it really is any woman's perfume, and I mean that in the best possible way.

laura.linger.3
laura.linger.3

This is not a fragrance for little girls. It's a BIG scent with powerful ideas and a lasting sillage to match. On my skin, it is mostly all about Tuberose, and that's with a Capital T. Tiny hints of the orange blossom and the sandalwood. I like to be silly with Fracas and wear it around the house on junky, yoga pants wearing days. It makes things much more glamourous. If I had to put a song to Fracas, it would be Double's "Captain Of Her Heart." Again, I'm silly that way, but Fracas is the kind of scent that would inspire songs, books, great works of art, bridges, and skyscrapers. I have a small trick for lightening her up a bit when a headache threatens from scent (cursed migraines!): I take unscented Lubriderm lotion in my palm and spray a bit of Fracas in my hand on top of the lotion. I mix the two together and apply all over. Trust me, it works.

laura.fopiano
laura.fopiano

This was a blind purchase based purely on notes and Fragrantica feedback, I don't buy fragrances because Hollywood's elite wear them.

Fracas is compared to Madonna's truth or dare? Pfft, don't insult her! She is much deeper and sincere than truth or dare could ever hope to be.

Fracas is a sinful, decadent, and intoxicating bombshell of a fragrance. She is a voluptuous, intriguing, self assured, a little too drunk at a party, but always a lady fragrance.That takes no prisoners and never apologizes for being who she is.

I am a server in a Southern restaurant that pours out breakfast treats by the hundred's and I wear my Fracas with pride!

What is really interesting about her on my skin is the silage. She is light and sweet on me. While at work about 2 weeks ago, I kept smelling this wonderful scent, I started sniffing to find who was wearing an amazing scent, to the point that I was almost hyperventilating. It was me! I've never had an experience like that, I had not idea that she can project 4 feet away!

Although I have not yet received any compliments, I pay no mind. She will be with me and on me for a very long time!

Another home run for the Frangratica noses!

serflayg
serflayg

Absolutamente bello, sensual, intoxicante. no puedo dejar de oler mis muñecas. hace honor a su fama.
Si bien es femenino se combina muy bien con otras fragancias masculinas muy secas logrando un efecto muy sofisticado, realmente MARAVILLOSO!!!!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Well, I've finally got my hands on a sample of Fracas, and the only word that springs to mind after 20 minutes of wearing it is, "Wow". It's the very best of an old school fragrance - heady, seductive, elegant and wonderfully diva-esque. A little goes a long way, but this make me feel wonderfully feminine and strong. The notes are almost cyclical on my skin, with the tuberose coming back and forth to hypnotise me. This is not for everyone, especially if you like your perfumes sweet. However, if you're more of a vintage-gal who wants to be noticed, this is definitely one to try.

clover.chen
clover.chen

finally bought a bottle of fracas.
i debated over whether i should buy it after comparing it to douglas hannant for sometime. they honestly smell so so similar but hannant smells just tad bit more fruity and even a a little sharp. despite the fact that the salesperson was name dropping all these celebs wearing it, which to me was a turn off, the smell won me over in the end.
this is possibly the first tuberose perfume i smelt that i defined as the tuberose. i didn't like it at first, found it too strong but it became a grower. i would say this isn't the usual scent i would go for, too utterly feminine, sweet and even soapy, but it is so sophisticated and warm and if sprayed correctly, not cloying at all. i love this scent now. i love tuberose in different variations, but as far as i know, this is the best and most classic warm tuberose out there.

debsauter
debsauter

Fracas is almost too wonderful for this world! I really cannot get enough of it. I've loved this perfect scent since 1990!

LaPetite
LaPetite

Oups i did it again >< But come on !!! 50% off on a Robert Piguet !!! How can i resist this ??? At the begining of the sales it was 30% off , but now it has been lowered to 50% ! And the 2 bottles were still here as if no one wanted them . I'm happy that the people in my city are such perfume ignoramus :-P

Fracas is a tuberose monster , and i'm a tuberose lover ! This scent is a must have for all the fans of this note . But it's not only tuberose however .
Many people describe it as bubblegum perfume , it surely reminds me of that treat too , but it doesn't make this scent childich or girly ; it is complex , sophisticated ,so special , so niche , so paradoxical !

I heard Madonna has worn this scent and really loved it , no wonder her recent perfume "truth ot dare" is very similar to it ... ( I have found Truth or Dare fresher however .)

Better on cold days!

In a world where Mitsouko is considered the reference chypre and Chanel No.5 the reference aldehydic floral, Fracas is the reference tuberose. A classic and slightly buttery tuberose-centered composition with a strong and ostentating personality. Loud and a tad vulgar yet incredibly compelling.

Mandatory test for any true fragrance lover.

noori
noori

Such a strong and sweet tuberose, creamy and rich, it doesn't even let the other notes come forward, the flowers sit quietly in the background of this strong, wonderful tuberose. One or two drops, or one spray should go for the entire day, any more than that could give you a headache easily.

The first tuberose scent I smelled was Poison, Fracas was only the second one, but since then, Fracas is The Tuberose for me, and even though I really like many other tuberose-based scents, if I should choose, which one to buy, it would be Fracas.

murasakisan
murasakisan

I read many rave reviews of Fracas, but neglected to read the fine print. Had I done so, I might have realized that my tiny sample of vintage Fracas from TPC would pull me squarely into a gardening mistake I made a long time ago. I saw a tuberose flower in the garden book and had to have one after I read about its extraordinary scent. I purchased a small plant, planted it under my living room window and waited for it to perfume the air both inside and out. I came home and was overwhelmed by the sweet, honeyed fragrance that came through the window. I couldn't stand it.

It was too much -- too sweet, too sickly, too tropical, just too too. So, I moved it to the bottom of the garden where I could admire it's gorgeous waxy blossoms from afar. I have exactly the same reaction to stargazer lilies -- beautiful from a distance, but too much close up.

Today, when I put on the Fracas, I desperately wanted to wash it off. It was so sweet, it began to give me a headache. I stuck with it, driving to do some errands, hoping it would develop into something nuanced and layered, as I've grown to expect from vintage scehts. But it was not to be. Every time I sniffed my wrist, it was the same -- tuberose, tuberose, tuberose. I hope the original fragrance had more subtlety and this was just the effect of time on a once great fragrance, but if it was, I will never know it, and I suspect Fracas was always strong, direct and heavily focused on tuberose. If anything, it seems very contemporary as so many perfumes now are syrupy sweet and strong.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I adore adore adore Fracas, it's sharp, sweet, sexy, vulnerable, sensual, a complicated woman.
This is undoubtedly the queen of tuberoses and for those who are asking, no to me at least it does not smell like Madonna's truth or dare. They may both be based on tuberose, but there are tuberoses and then there is The Tuberose. The longevity and sillage on this beauty is spectacular and it's my go to scent for whatever the occasion, to sparkle, flirt, energize a crowd, even to sleep with.

No, no, no, no, NO!

THIS is THE Fracas?! The Fracas that everyone raves about?

I realize most people maybe don't get over to Hawaii as often as I do and don't know how real tuberose really smells, and that's not their fault of course, but Fracas smells identical to about a zillion common and inexpensive Hawaiian perfume oils. Fracas, to be honest, smells fake compared to those. It has a plasticky scent that just wreaks of false tuberose.

Please don't spend your heard-earned money on this Hawaiian perfume oil impostor. Do some Googling. There must be something online that is easy to obtain that comes from Hawaii and can do the trick. I'm thankful I didn't waste money on even a sample of this very sub-par floral.

Opalwind
Opalwind

Fracas... A highly sensual, provocative and alluring french fragrance, as timeless and ageless as the scent itself. When used sparingly, its bloom unfolds in about 20 minutes depending on ones chemistry. The word "unrivaled" has often been used when describing Piguet's masterpiece.
As a hairdresser in 1980 I sold dozens of bottles of Redken's Piqué a week, rumored to be a copy of Pigeut's Fracas. Within a couple of years Piqué vanished. It appears that Fracas was released on the american market about the same time. Maybe a coincedence....
Being addicted to Piqué as much or more than most of my customers, I am inclined to believe the rumors especially after receiving my first bottle of Fracas. Redken didn't quite capture the floral depths of Fracas but I remember the essence of Piqué enough to believe the rumors now.
For me, Fracas is best applied by spraying into the air before me, then walking into the cloud as it drifts down.
It is my only "French" perfume and certainly sets itself apart from others I own. "Soir dé Paris" which I purchased for my mother once it became available again is another french favorite of mine but Fracas will always bring back old memories and create new and special ones for me.

personagrata
personagrata

Well, at least, I 've learned my lesson not to try anymore classic floral perfumes. This is definitely not for me, too classic, too noble, too "proper". The only thing I like about it is the slightest soapy character that struggles to get over the floralas but can't win. Not to mention, that if you suffer from migraines, as I do, this would be your ultimate "coup de grace".

pippab
pippab

A blind buy, and I gave it my best shot. I tried to love it, I really did, but I'm certainly in the minority and I really don't get what all the fuss is about. I detect a rubbery note that I find unappealing. I'm more of an oriental lover, but I do have some heavenly florals in my collection, so I'm not averse to them. To those who are fans of Fracas - enjoy!

Edit. I decided to give Fracas another try and won a barely used bottle for a song on eBay. I must say that I sure have changed my mind. What I described as 'rubbery' in my review above, now seems more like creaminess and I'm constantly sniffing my wrist. It's extreme in its strength and lasting power which is a pre requisite for me in a fragrance. I'll stand corrected - I've been humbled by Fracas, it's a beauty and now on my top shelf!

mubes89
mubes89

Amazing. A true diva. This is good stuff and I sure will get heads to turn. It's very strong - My favourite is Tom Ford Black Orchid, and that's strong too but this one...... really really powerfull!!!! - so go light on the spraying or else the scent will be too much and you might risk to knock someone out :-).

This is the only white flower scent for me. I love it

Raina
Raina

I'm not a very big fan of classics. To be honest, I run in the opposite direction when there's even a hint of classics like Shalimar or Coco. So it came as a huge shock to me that I had come to obsess over this perfume.

It all started with a sample vial. When I first scented it, I put it in a pile to be discarded along with all my other "perfumy" samples like L'Heure Bleue (which I can no appreciate a little more.)

Fast forward a couple weeks and for the first time I notice a beautiful scent wafting over from the pile. It was buttery and sweetly floral, so lovely and riveting. I dismissed it until I noticed myself coming back again and again. I followed my nose to an empty vial of what was suppose to be Fracas. It had evaporated right out of the sealed tube, but what was left was so utterly captivating that I couldn't bring myself to throw the vial out. I never thought to purchase it but every once in a while I'd bring it out like an addict looking for their next fix.

I lost the vial, but not my growing addiction. More and more my mind would linger over this scent until it became this huge overreaching shadow over all my other fragrances. If fragrances are my crack, then this is my cocaine. She is the end all and be all of my fragrance wardrobe.

The reviews below have said it all, and done a better job of saying it than I have. It's reckless, vulnerable, drama, young, sexy, and classical at the same time. Utterly timeless. It reminds me of Marilyn Monroe and I can easily see this as being more of her scent than Coco.

On my skin its that famous, and oft copied but never replicated, buttery tuberose. There's a soft cacophony of sweet, white florals. Some subtle but wonderful spice, like cinnamon (I'm assuming this is the coriander at work) sits in the background. The base notes create that old fashioned amber scent that you commonly smell in the classics (think the "perfumy" note in Organza and L'Heure Bleue.) but it's not overwhelming, which helps it translate over through the years and gives it more of a timeless feel. You can easily see why it worked then and even why it works now.

I probably made a mess of a job trying to describe her, but that's okay because she's a bit of a mess too. But that's only a part of her, and we can't help but love her anyway.

rosarossa
rosarossa

The opening is majestic, it is still a masterpiece a true tuberose reference perfume, no matter if other frags have come, for me it's the perfect perfume of tuberose. It lasts hours, hours and hours.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

This was my signature scent for the whole of 2009, until I inevitably ran out (sigh). I preferred it as an evening scent though as it's very heady, in your face sexy and totally dripping with mischief! This is a scent not for the faint hearted, it lasts all day and has a constant sweet tuberose cloy about it, that if not careful, can end in a headache. The fragrance, which has a vintage feel to it, and if I were to compare to two great icons, is more Marilyn Monroe than Audrey Hepburn. Marilyn Monroe used her sexuality as a weapon, whereas Audrey Hepburn was a weapon herself because she didn't. One was brash and a little bit tarty, the other - modest and refined. Fracas is the brash and tarty woman who makes no apologies for her sexuality. Fracas is also, a lost, chaotic, impulsive and tipsy character. It came to me in a certain period of time in my 20's, and it appealed to me when I was lost, when I didn't know myself. That was before I realised that my sense of style was more Audrey, than Marilyn.
Edit: be careful with this one. It is not everybody's cup of tea. Tuberose can make people sick. And this has a hell of a lot of tuberose in it! So be careful with your dosages.

lat
lat

I finally had a chance to try this one during a recent trip to Paris. I'd been hopeful and I sure was not disappointed.
It's a complex, intoxicating concoction of VERY powerful ingredients for emotionally unstable, fragile and neurotic women. This is not necessarily a bad thing though. It's a representation of those who seek attention not for fame reasons, for those who are hopelessly seeking true love and always fall for the wrong person.
Fracas is almost hysterical in that aspect. It is a bold statement, of course, but it's a unique fragrance with personality and underneath all that "oomph!" lingers a bitter aftertaste. A one spoonful of tar in a jar of honey that is not ruining the fragrance in the slightest but giving it the edge.

That being said, I am not fortunate enough to carry any white florals well and this one is no exception. I shall admire you from the distance, my troubled friend!

jellybeantree

I reordered this again, I also feel like I need to have it in my collection! It's not everyones favorite and people that don't like tuberose don't like it. It's really love or hate . No in between. I personally love it! I find it fresh with sweet flowers and I get compliments always as well as some people who don't know what to say since they never smelt something like it before. :) I find it very special.

Lune d'Ete
Lune d'Ete

Tuberose with a jammy note, a lot of jasmine, a little bite-ish. I love fracas to pieces, but worry about wearing it a little bit: it has such a huge personality that my every day style is too modest for it. Fracas can be too much for everyday wear. It's almost like wearing fake lashes (though good quality ones) in daylight. But soooo beautiful!!!!
P.S. Not particularly a bed perfume, it can be too sharp to the person whose nose is close to your skin, but might work for some.

myplacebo
myplacebo

Having read reviews, I was intrigued and worried at the same time about Fracas, would it work on my skin. After recent testing, I got my answer. Like a dream.....

The blast of rich, creamy tuberose is the main player for the opening. I get a pop of bubblegum in the first few minutes too. Gardenias, and orange blossom join in. I can detect the lily of the valley/narcissi/hyacinth adding a certain green quality in the transition into middle notes, but passes after an hour, and adds to the
multi faceted nature of this perfume and creates a simultaneous yoyo effect, tuberose + another, tuberose + another. Just glorious.

Strangely, after a couple of hours, I get subtle expensive soft leather gloves within the tuberose cloud, which notes are doing this I don't know,perhaps the musk, but it's actually surprisingly pleasant. The longevity is amazing, lasting all day, with a steady fade. It's definitely a love it or hate it, rich tuberose is the main star, but certainly is not linear or one dimensional. 1 spray was enough to create a captivating buttery cloud with ...plenty... of projection, this one is potent without heaviness and oozes quality. Straight to No.1 love on my want list!

balzac
balzac

Fracas has to be one of the most reckless scents known to my nose. It's a fast moving runaway train off it's tracks. It is not self-contained, and It's very obtrusive. While it's glamorous, fem, and original, it is also very presumptuous and arrogant. This is not a "nice" parfum, but it's wonderful because
It also has a very mischievous quality about it and there are very few parfums (if any) that can capture the essence of mischief. It's lively, it's exciting and it's serious.

I get small waifs of the gardenia, however, Fracas is the finest escapade of tuberose.

Enjoy, it's a show stopper.

Longevity 10
Silliage 10

Anna_V
Anna_V

Fracas is another one I find very unique. It is feminine and sexy, but not super-girly (which I hate!). The description says there are a lot of flower notes in it, but it is not a floral scent at all (I also hate super-floral scents). So it's worth trying if you usually shy away from florals. The flowers are tempered with rich and spicy notes. It is really deep and sensual when you take a long sniff, but not overpowering. This is one that grows on you, and then you can't live without it (just bought myself a bottle for Christmas!). The only let-down is that it fades fast which is strange, because it is a high-end product with quality ingredients. Maybe it's just my chemistry. Worth a try!

timeazsofia
timeazsofia

When I first encountered Fracas, I was surprised, becaused I excepted I won't like it at all because of the tuberose. Much to my astonishment - I liked it.

It was so amazing, creamy and fresh somehow. Loud, but
refined, mature and young in same time.
And the more I wear it, the more I like it, now I am love with it.
Fracas made me love tuberose.
Very interesting, that some reviews are about Fracas befit more "major" woman. I don't think so. In my opinion Fracas can easily worn by every women from age 16-90!
Amazing longevity and sillage.

Gabi310
Gabi310

Since being a huge fan of tuberose and having read all the wonderful reviews I really wanted to like this. I was expecting something really dramatic and unique but unfortunately my skin chemistry doesn't agree with my whishes. Instead of my beloved tuberose taking center stage the peachy-fruity notes overpower the florals from start to finish. I'm sure I'll give it another try in a couple of months to see if we get along better. Till then I keep looking for my personal queen of tuberose.

genxer123
genxer123

I give up.

I have spent almost five years trying to find something close but not identical to Fracas, because I am a signature scent person (one for cold weather, one for warm) who simultaneously has wanderlust. Unti Fracas, I changed my signature scents every three years or so.

I wear Fracas in cold weather (for eight years!) and Green Tea or Calyx in warm weather (for four years).

Summer fragrance I choose each year depends on my state of mind. If I am introspective and satiated, it's GT; if whimsical and curious, it's Calyx. Winter? Always Fracas.

I traveled far and wide, tried every -- and I mean every -- scent with similar or nearly-identical notes I could find, including all those recommended by perfume aficianados, those here included.

Sometimes wanderlust is overrated.

Fracas cannot be replicated; hell, it can't even be approached.

Unlike its wanna-be doppelgangers or even those scents that seem to wish for inimitability but with notes similar to Fracas, Fracas stands out on and for me with three qualities:

1) its clean, creamy drydown (as opposed to too much wood, amber, musk, gardenia takeover, or cotton candy);
2) despite its not being a natural essential oil scent, and hence having to contain plenty o' synthetic ingredients, I get not a single whiff of synthetic anything (for some odd reason detectable synthetic reads on my skin as "cheap" though that's certainly not true for everyone); and
3) perhaps surprisingly, softness without powder. I do not like powdery drydown.

I put a LIGHT layer of Fracas body lotion on lower legs and upper arms, and one or two spritzes of EDP on wrists/blouse cuffs. No kidding about the latter - half of the spritz goes on my skin, half on my clothes. I like the sillage best with this method. In dead of winter I use two spritzes, in late autumn/early spring I use one.

It's assertive without being obnoxious; intensely feminine without being apologetically sweet or cloying; elegant without being ostentatious.

I surrender. Fracas, you have no peer. And until I find a non-white floral to love for winter as a new signature, you will have no replacement . . .

anettelove
anettelove

I have been using Fracas since I was 18. My sister found it. I am 37 now.....When I use it all I get is "OOO you smell good..and what is that scent?? and I love it!!" but one of my best friends tried it and it smelled like rotten something on her....??? a chemical reaction to her????

Jellybean
Jellybean

Milky tuberose scent. I prefer creamy tuberose, not sure about this one, it's like something's off. Rotten milk maybe? almost as one of the ingredients went bad but was included anyways.
I read such great reviews about this one, and must disagree. There are definitely BETTER tuberose scents outthere. This tuberose is too bad-braethish for my taste. I see gazillion other notes involved but none of them really stick out, except slight muskiness present at the end. It gets worse and worse with time, it's nausea evoking. I 'm gonna pass on this one:/

Tuberose, tuberose, and more tuberose. I don't understand all these reviews of complexity, all I'm getting is tuberose. I might be able to wear this once in a while but not every day.

aschiffm
aschiffm

I was expecting to love this because I love tuberose and deep complex perfumes but this one is unfortunately not for me. It is strong to the point that it screams PERFUME and is a big mix of everything in the book in its highest most ripe concentration. The peach fruit is a little too much, I was actually expecting the peach to be the thing that calms the concoction down but it just ramps it up more- not a pretty peach, it's like peach alcohol. Very diva and old fashioned, very loud and overly dramatic

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I am not a fan of florals...much less, white florals. This perfume, though, is gorgeous. I love it. I had to buy a bottle. The tuberose is loud in the beginning..it soon tapers into a beautiful, feminine blossom of flowers. It stays a little sweet on my skin. Blended so well..no synthetic notes at all. Gorgeous...flirty...with a little vintage side to it. Probably the only white floral I will ever own...

rikkistein
rikkistein

This perfume will forever be associated with a woman I used to work with in the 80's. She was all of 5'1" and 100lbs soaking wet, but when she walked into a room she'd be preceded by this flower bomb of tuberose and white flowers and when she's leave the room, the scent would remain hanging in the air for hours. We always knew where she'd been in the building. She'd leave her mark wherever she went. Fracas packs a wallop if you don't use it sparingly. I never liked it and I still don't care for it. It made me sneeze and gave me a migraine. Just too strong for me and I like strong scents, just not so much the white flowers. Too heady.
It's one of those 'love it or hate it' brews.

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

Apologies in advance: Based on rave reviews, & despite many reviewers' warnings to NOT buy this blind- I gambled, & lost- But now (finally!) have learned that THIS is that horrible, nauseating, migraine in a bottle-frag. God how it's awful. I barely sniffed the cap & ran to the toilet to vomit. I have a looong history of horrible migraines, I do recall during the 80's that this was one trigger- I really (really!) love BIG frag's, but this one just nauseates me beyond anything I've ever smelled in my entire life. Literally, I'd rather be skunk-sprayed, or roll in dog-doo, than be subjected to this. TMI- Sorry, I went a bit overboard, I truly respect & appreciate other reviewers taking the time to offer their own opinions/reviews- No disrespect meant, I just wanted to offer a counter-point on behalf of migraineurs, and others who just can't tolerate what to me = "sickness in a bottle". What I do love & wear: Miss Dior (originale- my absolute all time favorite), Diorissimo, Dioressence, Chanel #19 (original), Arpege (among my top 3), Joy, Aromatics Elixer (a HUGE frag), and, rarest of rare, to my nose, most stunning of stunning: Mitsouko :) Again, no disrespect to those whom love Fracas! Surely my choices aren't everyone's fav's either- Especially when I wear Aromatics Elixer, I apply very sparingly- realizing that it can be too much otherwise :) God, I DO so vividly recall, feeling SO sick upon being near anyone wearing (what I now know to be Fracas)- OK I'm done, thx for reading !

virga
virga

Fracas is deadly beautiful, creamy and deep gardenia scent. Because of demure but dark femme fatale quality I can not imagine young (20 +) woman wearing it. The way I see it, Fracas is mature woman in her late forties. She wears elegant clothes, she smokes (yes, Fracas goes along with cigarette smoke very well) and talks in low seductive voice - imagine Marlene Dietrich in “Judgment at Nuremberg”. Despite the fact that I can enjoy classics such as Shalimar, L’heure Bleue or Bandit, I am still to young to Fracas. Another reason why I am not going to buy it: Fracas smells amazing from the bottle, but when I spray it on my skin some chemical note pops out and disappears only after an hour or so. In a world of hurry it is too long to wait. But nonetheless this scent is a masterpiece; it whispers tales about the old world - world of true class, old money, good manners and deadly sins. Enjoy it if you can:)

Nallely360
Nallely360

What made me go crazy and just buy this perfume is all those wonderful reviews. However, I just recieved my first bottle of Fracas today, which dont get me wrong I like the smell but its extremely strong on me. Its super loud and all I cant really smell is nothing but Tuberose which I love but for some reason it just doesnt get along with my skin type.Which I find a little bit odd since I have several other fragrances that also have Tuberose and smell wonderfully on my me.

kris919
kris919

tuberose and jasmine, strong, right off the bat. so strong. I smell many other notes too. This is one complex white floral! very well done. Anytime I've sniffed a white floral or worn one (briefly!), it's given me such a migraine that I vowed to stay far away from this category for as long as I live. However, I was given a sample of this, and I have to say that this is a very nice perfume, although I would also say you have to have the right chemistry and attitude to pull this off everyday.. kinda like you're loud, you're proud, and u just dont give two craps! Check out my strong white floral perfume, bitches!! I dont have that aforementioned attitude but the drydown is to die for, and it's the best part of the whole thing in my opinion. It's warmer and pretty and softer at that point...and trust me, there's nothing pretty and soft about me, but regardless...I love it at drydown, way moreso than the beginning.. I keep sniffing my wrist like a whacko.

Sissi
Sissi

Fracas is an Angel with a Icepick, never read a Book by it's cover no matter what note nor how Angelic
A face might be, Everything has an Dual side to them.

Fracas opens with Pure White Tuberose gives an Air of
Insular Ambiguity and Clinical Elegance like a Cool Hitchcockian Blonde Innocent from the inside but Deadly luring the Male Species to their Unfornatate Doom, As Fracas dries Peach comes steeping though
puling the scent to a new direction of inhibited
and primal animalistic Intinct Like the newly plucked
Fruit from the Garden of Eden by the Ingenue Eve Adds the sin of Fracas, Angel turned into a Devil,

The Drydown has a measure of powderness due the presence of Violet adds the Girlish Feminity and
Iris for Innocence The Coriander note Gives Fracas a little Kick with it's Spice I also detect Raspberriess sweet with tartness, Sandalwood brings warmness and Amber for it's reasious Sweetness,

Fracas has a versativity to her Nature One Minute she can be Sweet Goody twoshoes kittish and Innocent Then a Dominatrix Don't **** with me Attitude The Next.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

The only thing I can smell is jasmine, but that is fine with me, I love jasmine so absolutely no problem.
But definitely strong and heavy.

adesoprano
adesoprano

I have it because of the wonderful reviews, but I'm not in love... I think It's too fruity. And the sillage .. It's sad, but you can smell it only if you are really close.

femmeNikita27
femmeNikita27

I've just purchased 10 ml to sample and I love it.
On me smells like a mixture of violet with strawberries.
Very intense smell, great staying power but to me has little to do with typical white floral scent.It's very fruity.

zind
zind

Mmmm... I am so, so happy that I tried this. It is like rediscovering a scent from my childhood. Not that this is anywhere near a childish scent, but I can swear that I had some toy or eraser smelling similar and I have been searching for the scent ever since! I guess it turns out I love tuberose, and it's beautiful in this feminine and sweet perfume. The sillage must be one of the best I've encountered in a perfume, and I love how I can smell it on myself without having to go sniff my wrists (which I can not help but do with good perfumes!)

I might get arrested for saying so, but there is something slightly rootbeer-ish about this. It is of course not that sickly sweet and doesn't really smell like rootbeer, but I can see how it can be too much for some and that it is not for everyone. Which is good, cause hopefully I can keep this jewel to myself for a little while and know that I don't smell everybody else :)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

jellybeantree

I know I have said this a million times before with other fragrances but Fracas is becoming a new love. It's just so special, it doesn't smell like anything I have ever had or tried before!

jellybeantree

I have to agree with the previous post, I don't find this fragrance exceptionally strong! At the beginning I am hit with a wallop or fracas of over ripe flowers and it does borderline strange then when the queen of tuberose comes out she sweetens up and becomes the ruler of this perfume. I really love it to be honest! I am happy that I can wear this. It smells very different from the perfumes of today, but to be honest it doesn't smell dated to me. When I wore private collection estee lauder, a few friends said it smelled vintage , meaning old school. So I wasn't really sure if I wanted to continue wearing it, but fracas is vintage but it doesn't smell old to me, it just smells divine!!

UPDATE: I have got compliments from my friend at the perfume counter who I have known for years! She said she could instantly smell something beautiful. Usually she has to come in close to smell anything on me! I only wore two sprays, i was afraid it was maybe too strong, but the silage is perfect ! I am loving this and the compliments are giving me confidence to want to wear this! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
MASTERPIECE!!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

I guess I'm one of those that dosen't find this to be exceptionally strong.

Tried this in Neimans today, and though I enjoy the smell of it, strong it is not!! I could certainly see where it COULD be, if you apply more than 4 sprays.

Fracas has that sweetness that is much more expected with tuberose, a more enveloping and intoxicating butteriness that for some can be irritating, for others, enticing.

On me I got what I consider a pretty typical tuberose scent. This tuberose is more expressed as a perfume, and less as a natural smelling floral like Carnal Flower. They're both on totally different scales as far as what the tuberose smells like, and IMO, are totally apples and oranges; no comparison.

I sprayed twice and it never overwhelmed, didn't fill my car with scent, and really was amazingly well behaved!

It is however, amazingly persistent. Going on 6 hours and it still smells amazingly fresh.

So I think that for longevity its great. Sillage...at least for me, its ok and not terribly strong.

Its a little sweet and somewhat linear, so not a lot of imagination needed for this one.

I wouldn't recommend it for someone who isn't already a tuberose lover. It can be a bit iffy in that territory.

cryptic
cryptic

Fracas is a gorgeous diva of a scent. It will turn heads, get attention and wear you rather than the other way round if you're not careful. Fracas is Edie Sedgwick in a bottle for me, iconic and timeless. Amarige may be bigger and Carnal Flower may be more chic, but I'll stick with the original bionic tuberose.

netorian
netorian

This perfume is forever young and the fruits with the flowers makes it very-very attractive.

Once I saw in the TV that Madonna blown a lot from the bottle to her dress. I don’t know why, cause this scent is very long lasting, and very strong.

Germaine Cellier was a real great perfumer. With Fracas she made one of the best tuberose fragrance… . By the way, I also smell the fruits, what makes it playful and sexy!

Uniqueness: 10/10
Erotica: 8/10
How i like it: 9/10

Good for a first date? Well... not a bad choice, but for a first date it can be too strong. But perfect for the second one!

jellybeantree

I just ordered this one and I have tried it in the past but I think the sample was bad. So I ordered a bottle because I for some reason am in love with white florals! Will update! This is probably not the best blind buy to get, I hope my chemistry is kind with this one.

nikkic78
nikkic78

The first time I tried Fracas, I thought, "Whoa, that is a W-O-M-A-N. Intensely sweet, buttery, creamy, voluptuous, feminine, soft, and strong. Not at all innocent or niave. I smell like I just came from making out with my lover over lunch but I'm going back to work hair slightly eschew but mind fully competent. I love to wear it! I find it very intimate and sensual! But I also find it smart, nurturing, bright and friendly. You know all the things a woman is at home, work, and play. Gorgeous!

scentedrat
scentedrat

I felt I had to try this one since it is so well-loved. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Seems my skin can't handle tuberose unless it's mixed well with other, quieter flowers. I can't say I like this on anyone else, either. It is the kind of scent that you never want to be trapped with in an elevator.

lilinah
lilinah

I began wearing perfume as a teen in the 1960s. My favorites were Shalimar and Fracas. And these are scents i still love and hold a place of honor among my fragrance "collection".

Fracas is a lovely floral blend, not a solifleur, but the primary note is Tuberose. I considered writing that in all caps, because there is nothing timid about the tuberose in Fracas. And it lasts and lasts, with an old-fashioned (and i say that with love) base (i'm also a huge fan of traditional base notes). I would recommend using it with a light hand, if you are not a confirmed tuberose (and jasmine and gardenia) lover. Fracas is potent!

I would call it the ultimate feminine perfume, except my boyfriend prefers to wear tuberose and gardenia based perfumes himself :-)

linkypinky
linkypinky

Stunning! Its beauty lasts unchanged for 12h or more. Linear masterpiece. It made me want to get hold of all tuberose scents.

napiergirl
napiergirl

YES YES YES ...Every woman has to try this once in their life !This has such a pure natural smell ,like essential oils .Modern feel for a vintage perfume . Even a slight incense smell.There is a fruity element which kinda brings back childhood memories ...this stuff is nothing short of a magic potion.

cinsot
cinsot

My motivation for acquiring Fracas a few years ago was driven by my love of the euphoric aroma of jonquil. Jonquils used to sprout randomly every year under the canopy of the ancient (well, two hundred year old!) European inspired garden surrounding one of Sydney's earliest mansions I was fortunate enough to share with some local artists and fellow art students many many years ago.

From the bottle I enjoy Fracas. I like to remove the lid and let it rest on my bedside table and allow it to gently seep into my surroundings. Nothing more is required.

I have stopped wearing Fracas because it became the aromatic equivalent of Whiskeytown's infamous anthem: Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart Tonight. The lyrics go on to inform the listener that "After all it is mine".

Fracas and this cleverly penned song are synonymous to me.

On my person Fracas induces a state of somberness, like carrying around a heavy boulder. It overrides my normally upbeat demeanor and I feel instantaneously defeated. I put this down to the tuberose note dominating the entire bouquet. My beloved jonquil is drowned out by the bellowing tuberose.

That said, sometimes I wanna break my own heart, but life really is too short to go there consistently.

I'll stick to deriving pleasure from this fine piece of perfumery using more subtle methods.

jtd
jtd

I don’t believe in soliflors.

Of all the floral notes in perfumery, tuberose is the one that to my nose smells the least like its eponym. Soliflor perfumes don’t convincingly imitate flowers. The art of perfumery relies on chemistry to deliver an olfactory product. Plants through biology and evolution, have created complex metabolic systems that use scents to connect plant and animal in complex symbiotic relationships. In terms of implicit purpose and function, perfumery and flowers have nothing in common.
And not to be too dogmatic, but chasing the representational form is generally less effective in perfumery than in many of the other arts. Photorealism has a solid place in the visual arts, yet even there representation is elusive.

That said, Fracas works for me in three ways. 1) The ‘tuberose’ note’s distance from actual likeness makes it seem like any other aromachemical, making Fracas seem less like a specific flower and more like all other perfume. 2) Fracas successfully suggests the scent of tuberose. It finds the flower’s defining features, modulate them and create a notion of a flower, not an image of a flower. 3) Fracas doesn’t pursue a flower from top notes to drydown. It starts with the sharper attributes of a flower, but winds up with a scent that makes me feel as if I’ve been slapped with a fresh loaf of sourdough bread.

Still I find Fracas appealing. It is overpowering, beautiful but not pretty, “chemical” in a way that many actual botanicals are, and distinct even from other ‘tuberoses.’ Also the whole femme gender thing, especially from Germaine Cellier, is brilliant, and as a homo, I approve.

I don’t own any other soliflors, with the possible exception of Guerlain’s Nahema, which is a different discussion. Having Fracas is all I need.

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

I can't stop sniffing it. I love it. I can't even explain why. It's a synergistic, alchemical miracle...

jazmam

I also have Versace'Blonde' pure parfum and no it does not smell like Fracas. It's nice as well, but isn't stunning like Fracas, just because a fragrance has tuberose and gardenia in it doesn't mean it smells the same..I think they are completely different . Versace's 'Blonde' does not have this kind of tuberose and the tuberose is not the in your face, not prominent! Totally different parfums

jazmam

WoWzerS, I love it! I'm not a huge tuberose fan, but I'm thinking this must be tuberose done right because I cant get enough of it.

It's a sweet with an ever lingering sillage and slightly creamy tuberose but not the old lady creamy that is caused (i believe) by too much creamy gardenia in the mix. This is something I believe young women could definently pull off as well as old.

I'm just in awwe, what a realy interesting sweet tuberose perfume..If it were Ice cream I'd scoop it up and eat it :p

It is definently strong making it a great value just remember to use sparingly. As it driesdown... the tuberose develops into soft yummy sweet interesting slight creaminess. Very sexy, prety ... i see why this is so big amognst the scarlets in Hollywood, it's really an absoutely fabulous parfum with tons of charactor ;)

MUUUWAAAZ TO YOU ROBERT PIGUET!
XOXOXOXOXO

Amour, Michele
Amour, Michele

Never have I been intimidated by a smell. Hell, I was that girl who wore Samsara to school when I was 15. (And I had the discretion not to tell this impudent girl what I was wearing when she asked only because her boyfriend liked it. Tough). But, Fracas is intimidating. If I were to feel comfortable, to really pull off this intoxicating fragrance, I would first need a chauffeur, a Rolls-Royce, pearls, and bloody hat and gloves. And I would have perfectly coiffed hair in low chignon and say "home, James" through my veil. I would look like those women in classic Dior New Look ads. It's that sort of monumental classiness that makes Fracas so amazing but almost unwearable for me. Trust me, it is divine. It smells so amazing. But, am I woman enough to wear it? I don't know.

Cams
Cams

Super strong and a little obnoxious. Will wear in the extreme cold of a Canadian winter. Jury is still out...

Elise1214
Elise1214

Fracas is definitely a strong perfume. I would possibly categorize it as being a close relative of Tom Ford's Black Orchid. It is a dark mysterious fragrance. One spray is MORE than enough!

Scarlette
Scarlette

Gorgeous. I do not find it over the top or too sweet. Tuberose to the hilt. Tuberose + Hot Melting Sex baby!
For the movie star in me, and all of us.

tobytyler75
tobytyler75

I tried Fracas for the first time today. Initially and all the way through, the sweetness was too much for me. But there was a very lovely and different floral scent - maybe the Tuberose?? Not experienced enough yet to know for sure what Tuberose smells like. Anyway, I was intrigued by Fracas, although I don't think I would buy a bottle due to the intense sweet.

Roan
Roan

My paradigm about the tuberose has changed with this perfume. I am absolutely stunned by the beauty of Fracas. Complex, dark, seductive, sweet. All I have to say - wonderful!! That is all.

Fizzy
Fizzy

That is very unusual scent. I have never smelled it before, till testing it because of lot positive reviews here. This is the one in the ocean of fragrances and maybe in the world, which keep the SAME scent the whole time! There is no heart and base, I still smell the head. From the beginning to the end.

AMAZING! If every fragrance were so honest in this way and would not change their character like weather-cock in the wind, we would save a mountain of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ambrosia8
Ambrosia8

Even when i make some weird comparison on a perfume that i review, or when i say i smell something bizzare and absolutely not listed in the notes of the perfume in question, i always end up getting one or two of those little balloons... And it comforts me to know my nose is not alone in the world! But I'm pretty sure this time, this review will be balloonless! Because on me, after the first 5 minutes, Fracas has a strong, sickening odor of..... garlic ! o_o
I tried it three times, because i'm such a fan of tuberose anf gardenia, and everytime my wrist was stuck to my nose in a sort of masochistic gesture as i couldn't believe i was really smelling garlic! But there it was!
I'm looking forward to smelling it on someone else, because my skin and fracas do not get along, that's for sure.

shenanigans
shenanigans

Fantastically huge creamy goodness. Knocked my socks off in the best way. I think gypsy parfumista nailed it when she talked about the dual personality of this fragrance. It is everything in-your-face sultry and yet manages to be shy and alluring at the same time. Love it.

lucifera

i have to take back the part in my previous review that this was light, well i just didn't put on enough i guess :p and i shouldn't try scents when im just out of the shower, i tried this a few days ago and this DOES last ;p it's just that i own just a little sample vail and no spray, i love it just as much as michael kors!
difficult choice..

caliking
caliking

it is said that VERSACE used to wear this.
may he rest in peace :(

I tried to pull this off and FAILED !

This has a strong tuberose smell, tuberose with a capital T !!

YUCK!

latelittlesleeper
latelittlesleeper

This is for the vintage Eau de Toilette.

I never really liked Fracas, other than in parfum form, which is the smoothest version of Fracas I've tried. I am not a great white florals lover, so Fracas's orange blossom and gardenia were a little screechy/mentholated/bleachy-smelling to me, just not my favorite thing to reach for.

Then I found a bottle of the vintage eau de toilette and I get it now!

Vintage Fracas has this almost waxy smoothness. It is also a perfect scent to have in a splash bottle, because while its florals are notoriously bright, it wears a bit transparent. And vintage Fracas has something the modern seems to be lacking, a deep, recognizable oak moss that gives the mentholated white florals a backbone, a base. Modern Fracas just smells overbearingly strong and baseless to me. I find the oak mossy depth of the vintage much more compelling.

lucifera

suprisingly light on me! after a shower i've poured some juice on my neck and few hours later i couldn't detect it anymore! i thought this was way more tuberose then micheal kors, but no.
this is nice but on me not as seducive as mentioned below, kinda meh.. i like it but i love micheal kors. i'll give fracas a chance and use up the sample :-)

If you have never smelled a real tuberose and always wondered what it smelled like; DAB a little Fracas on your skin! (C'mon, I dare ya!)

This opens with a brief interlude of greenery and some light fruitiness, as powdery and sexy neroli and jasmine pave the way for HER to arrive. As it dries, you get an idea of what it must be like to be in the fields of Grasse, late at night as the moths fritter about coated with HER pollen and drunk on thick nectar. Tuberose is flowery, powdery and darkly delicious. It has subtle nuances of "rubber" and smokiness, and it goes well with the heady roses, creamy soft lilies and dry violets also present. There are numerous other flowers cavorting about, no doubt. They are all dancing; circling and bowing to HER though. Here Madame Tubereuse rules! Under the cacophany of white florals, dry spiciness is detectable (with repeated sniffs after your nose is accustomed to HER) from carnations, geraniums and corriander. This is PERFUME without a doubt! Bawdy, sexy, racy and yet somehow quite elegant and sophisticated. Visions of Mae West come to mind...but then again, so does Courtney Love. Fracas is just that...a "scrap" between all that is posh and polished and all that is vulgar and sexual. Who wins? Depends on who you ask! As it finally settles (if you can even say that!) it has a wonderful smoothness and is still very rich and exciting. Woody, earthy and resinous...THIS is how perfume used to be. Full of wonder and bigger than life. There is nothing else like this! It entices you, bowls you over, picks you up and hugs you! GOD that man knew how to make perfumes...

Sillage: great
Longevity: Astounding
Overall: 4.5/5

This came out over 60 years ago, and it will be treasured 60 years from now. This scent is timeless and complex yet quite simple, really. Fresh opening, central power-flower with a supporting cast of thousands, and a rich sensual finish. Wanna knock 'em dead?? SPRAY it! Wanna tease em? Dab it...y'know where! They will come running to you or away from you, but one thing is for sure: you WILL be noticed!!

*Thanks Weegee for the full vial!* What a treasure you and IT both are...

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

Extremely heady tuberose yet pleasant and inviting. Classy and vintage... reminds me of something Elizabeth Taylor might wear. Very glamorous. I love the base after several hours... sensual.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I finally got a sample of this, had been waiting to try it for a long time as I love tuberose. Well, in all honesty, I find this scent just a little bit overrated. The opening is strong and "perfumy". But that doesn't last too long. 5-10min later, I get a beautiful floral bouquet where the tuberose is nicely supported but the other flowers. This is my favourite part. I do think the middle notes are a masterpiece. But in the dry down we are back to the "perfumy" type of smell, strong and musky, definitely not something I am crazy about.

I own a bottle of Kim Kardashian (very inexpensive) and a bottle of Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia (rather pricy) - at this stage both of these come before Fracas in my books.

larali
larali

Um... I am not a person who can define notes at all, too right-brained. So here is my take on this. With no disrespect intended- Fracas is strong. It rather smells like air freshener to me. That is, sweet and heavy, meant to dominate rather than accentuate. I'll admit for me it is headache-inducing. However-- there is a time and place and person for every fragrance. I can easily see this as a dressy occasion perfume for any age.
Edit to add: I think this is a personal chemistry issue with me. I keep sniffing it hard-- and I think there is something good down there that doesn't want to come out! The musk maybe?

weegee
weegee

Tuberose lovers take note: Kim Kardashian is a Fracas clone. Really & truly! I've done a wrist-to-wrist comparison and can't deny that KK is a lower cost option if your budget can't handle Fracas right now.

***My Fracas review was posted nearly 2 years ago and I'm happy to report I'm still "in like" with Fracas. But honestly, I think KK is a more interesting take on tuberose, perhaps (dare I say it?) a younger version of Fracas.***

JuliofromRio
JuliofromRio

Owning a bottle of Fracas is like owning a diamond ring. It´s simply beyond comparison. It means de-luxe, sophostication and glamour.

I think Fracas is a winter perfume. Tuberose and summer don´t get along. In the summer opt for the feshness of Dioríssimo or Marc Jacobs.

My wife has worn Fracas for years but has never told anyone what she´s wearing. It´s her signature fragrance and she refuses to share it.

Viva Piguet1 Viva Fracas !!! At a time of cheap new versions of the vintage classics, it´s great to know that Fracas mantains its traditional and noble smell.

Tradition must always be respected. Caron should bring back the genuine Muguet du Bonheur and Balmain should bring back the original Vent Vert. We won´t mind paying what they are worth.

hamster
hamster

"Fracas" is a wicked, lascivious scent with a warm soft heart.
"Fracas" is a woman strolling down a narrow, lamplit street in the damp pre-dawn hours in black lace stockings, a web-soft wrap thrown over her slutty-sweet frock, and a knowing smile on her face.

Lady Love
Lady Love

(Review edp)

Tuberose explosion!

I find Fracas too sweet at times, simple and very linear.
Anyway it's a pretty, feminine white floral, but I just can't get very excited about it.

Has excellent longevity and wears close to the skin.
Just don't take the risk of buying this one unsniffed.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

I appreciat this scent for what it is...really a bit of a masterpiece. But this is just. not. for. me.
I wore it in college for a bit when I was branching out into the 80's new wave music scene and it seemed to fit me for a time back then, with my geometrically angled hair cut and vintage clothes...lots of black. Now I find it too loud for my tastes.It is still very pretty, though.

12amag

just had the best Christmas time...obviously surrounded by Fracas ... it has such a warmth, that i didn't even feel the coldness of winter :P (and it was cold: -7 C)

btw, really love the new face of fragrantica. Happy holidays!

parfumeguru
parfumeguru

I wanted to test the sample I got yesterday while at home with no other lotion or fragrance.

It is not an offensive perfume in any means,but I would not buy it all. Madonna can wear it all she wants as she is about my grandmother's age.

Fracas mostly reminded me of Turkish Palaces and Museums I visited and it also smells like churches and mosques as well. It may sound weird,what can I say we are all different aren't we? :))

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

I made the mistake of sharing my "Fracas" with a "friend." She'd never heard of it until then. Afterwards, she would wear nothing else. The same thing happened when I introduced someone to Jean Couturier's "Coriandre" and Rochas "Mystere." Now, if someone asks me what I'm wearing, I just make it up - unless it's my daughter. Then I tell her not to tell anyone what she's wearing, unless it's one of those obvious perfumes that everyone knows.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

a very heady floral, somehow as if it came out of another age - an age of women in crinoline dresses and big fancy hairdos and hats. Certainly wouldn't wear it myself, but would perhaps enjoy catching a whiff of it from someone walking by.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

This is a warm, heavy, gorgeous elegant tuberose. Unbelievably gorgeous and elegant. I can see this being a daily perfume for me in a few years. Just gorgeous.

mocha43
mocha43

Lush and luxurious! Amazingly modern even though it is vintage. After trying Carnal Flower I had to try Fracas to compare these tuberose floral sensations, and I am so glad I did. I love them both, although Carnal Flower may be a bit more sophisticated. Fracas is much more affordable and the quality is wonderful. It should definitely be tested by anyone that loves a floral fragrance.

pansylady

FINALLY! A vintage fragrance (older than me) that I can wrap my arms around in a loving embrace!
This is white flower heaven, friends...

Fracas smells wonderful straight from the bottle, and it just keeps getting better and better as the day goes on- and wow, this stuff is potent and longlasting, too!

I pick up a little spearmint in the top-it must be one of the "green notes"-

There's a pleasant soapiness in this fragrance that makes it appropriate for daytime, in my opinion- this aspect reminds me of Oscar-

This fragrance doesn't come off as indolic or animalic, as do many white floral fragrances, and I don't see this as a night-time femme fatale fragrance at all- rather, it is utterly feminine and sophisticated- very "My Fair Lady"-like-

If you like Amarige, vintage Chloe and other unabashedly feminine floral fragrances, please give this one a try, and soon!

guest_Perfumefreak
guest_Perfumefreak

Oh my!
This is very big and juicy perfume. Mouthwatering even.
Reviews gave me the impression that Fracas is a big knock-out-like perfume.
I bought it and used it everyday at work. Not even one person came to tell me, how my perfume would be overwhelming or toxicating.
The person who did notice my perfume, thought it was very nice and lovely, she was sniffing the air in the room.
So, not bad at all.
Now I use Fracas very sparingly because it is my special occation-scent.

janudy

Fracas is a rich, buttery tuberose that reminds me of a very decadent dessert. Good in small portions but sickening when overindulged, Fracas is a power house of a perfume.

I don't find fracas sexy or sensual, per se--I find it a bit naive. Fracas doesn't realize how amazingly seductive it can be, if worn properly in the right situation. Otherwise, it smells a bit out of place, like a woman dressed in jeans at a black tie event.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I tried Fracas when it was reissued in the nineties. I had heard so many stories about how intoxicating it was and lasted all night. It just about exploded with scent when I tried a drop. You could smell floral all over the store. It's real perfume ! I don't think it's for me because it goes wild like a giant perfume monster in a sci-fi movie when I wear it.
It's everything they say it is and maybe even more ! Be sure to test for 24 hours before buying. Even after washing that's how long it lasted on me.

sofiii
sofiii

Fracas is not what I imagined, I was expacting something more like Chanel No.5 and YSL Paris kinda classic or big 80s floral. Well, Fracas has its own big, sweet, creamy floral personality.

Fracas is like a nice creamy tuberose dominant scent in the beginning. Sweet, really tropical sweet with some well-blend depth in comparison with the post 2000 type of tropical watery creamy stuff. It reminds me a lot of Monyette Paris. I'm not a fan of tuberose, but this creamy one makes me feel comfortable, it's big, strong, bald, but not in an synthetic skinning bitch way(think about those badly done really fruity fresh tuberose or sweet heady jasmine).

Fracas doesn't develop much, just gets less tuberose, and more depth, sweeter, smoother and creamier.

I can see why so many people adore it, even me(normally a tuberose/gardenia/jasmine hater) likes it a lot. Even thought it's not my style and I won't buy it, I still enjoy trying it on. There's nothing bad/irritating in this perfume. It's definetely a well-done perfume.

However, I wouldn't say it's sexy, darring or anything along the seductive line. Personally I find it more creamy, nice, sweet, with a little bit vintage glam, and it's more a tropical-inspired floral day scent.

Worth trying!

Cereza
Cereza

Where do I even start. I'm only 21, so I was cautious to try it, because all in all it is classics, loved by so many divas with great experiences and accomplishments in their lives and then there am I. 21, just starting to live my life. By accident I poured all the 1 ml sample I got on my wrists and, boy, this is heady, it was almost hard to breathe, but this is extremely beautiful as well. This is so feminine, sexy and seductive that I can't imagine how can one not love this. Well maybe if the chemistry is not right or maybe if anything not being "floral fruity" is considered bad without even trying.
For me this is ultimate pleasure, I know that maybe it's no appropriate for me to wear it, because of my young age, but who gives a damn. I love this. It's perfect and I need to get my hands on a full bottle.
Fracas is the ultimate flower scent, there is so many of them and they are so well blended together in a lovely, creamy, and, for me gentle fantasy which I cannot stop sniffing. I'm so lucky that when I picked sample to test I chose Fracas. This made my day. Beautiful.

Corto Maltese
Corto Maltese

This scent is very daring, for a bold woman with a strong and dashing personality that tends to be noticed immediately - from the first moment she steps into the room, she catches everybody's attention. But she is not flirtatious or bad mannered. She just is. The velvety and creamy tuberose is definitely the most prominent note that gives this perfume its classy character, but the clear cut lines of its notes that seamlessly blend with each other almost dissimulate the fact that there are apparently so many of them. If it weren't so, it could be nicknamed the Chanel No 5 of pure florals, but it is so much more, more feminine, more seductive and more special (original), just right for a real diva. On the other hand that very quality seems to be its major shortcoming, because who would be able to wear all the time and everywhere? It may be worn only on special occasions, by a truly special lady, or it would appear ridiculous.

marinadina
marinadina

I was quite scared that this multiloved perfume would just be a huge loud floral, not able to wear it, except some people, but happily i was completely wrong! Either my skin likes it, or its just amazing,, the tuberose is from the first sniff there until at least four hours, not permitting any other note to appear. After this, little by little, turns to a skin perfume, and in the end of it-after twelve and more hours, its such a fresh white floral, your skin only much better!!!!ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abby1920
Abby1920

When I first smelled this fragrance, I liked it, I thought it was a very glamorous scent. I'd picture Eva Gardner wearing somehing like this. However, when I smelled this the second time, it reminded me a little of sweet tarts. Now I don't know if I'm that crazy about it.

janudy

This is the perfume that started my obsession! My first impression was--WOW, this is what REAL perfume should smell like! It was so bold, so glamorous, so sexy, and the tuberose knocked my socks off. But it's not a loud perfume like Giorgio or Amarige, which I found way too much for me. This one didn't scream off my skin, it melted into it so I felt like just by wearing it I was bold and glamorous and sexy.

efm
efm

Is this the most discussed perfume on the site ?

I read Vuelo's comment with amusement, she wrote THE FOLLOWING

I'm inclined to think that the "fracas" on this perfume is supose to mean "this here is for vulgar, noisy women who tend to act embarassing, slutty-flirty and indecent without giving too much damn about it"

This sounds like my kind of perfume.

Fracas is unapologetically strong and sexy. Makes me laugh at its overt flamboyance. Can't play safe all the time. Don't wear Fracas all the time either but when the mood is right .....

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

I guess I must be a huge white floral fan, because to me this is the freshest, sweetest, purest white floral I have ever smelled, and I love it. Perhaps this is sacrilegious to say, but it reminds me strongly of how White Shoulders smells on my skin...maybe it's just my skin chemistry or something. Tons of tuberose and hyacinth and orange blossom and maybe a touch of violet and lily-of-the-valley and yes, gardenia for absolute sure, though gardenia is not listed as a note. I don't detect any fruit or woods or amber at all..no creaminess or butteriness, no dark note. Just damp, crushed white flowers with maybe a touch of fresh green grass. Incredibly sweet and heady. A perfect summertime fragrance.

zsazsa
zsazsa

When I sprayed Fracas on paper, it smelled really amazing. I could distinguish many notes and they all went well together to create something sweet and heady, tropical night flowers blooming-type perfume. Hmmm, very promising. However on my skin, all I get is synthetic, sweet, sweet syrup and cotton candy. But I am not giving up so easily. I'll try it again these following days, when my nose and I have recovered sufficiently. Right now I am going to reach again for my handkerchief sprayed with Shalimar and put Fracas away for a while.

floriana
floriana

Fracas is timelles,high class floral scent, deep, refined and very feminine.
The composition is perfect balanced. Loud and rich, elegant and refined in same time.
For my opinion more distant than sexy.
I notice charming white flowers bouquet with one of the best tuberose performance ever.
Creamy, soft, and beautiful, for women with personality, for real lady.

vuelo
vuelo

I was curious what fracas means, I speak very little french. So here's what I found:

fracas=
1-Everything is done with tumult, with great noise and disorder.
2-Sound similar to something that breaks into pieces.
3-Making noise (Figure) Make a lot of embarrassment.
4-crash

ok. It's... creamy, buttery tuberose. It has a certain character...could have easily been called "What do you do for money, honey?"

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I have been waiting rather impatiently for my 1.5ml sample to arrive, reading all the reviews in anticipation. And today, it has appeared! Hooray!

I am so glad I took Ash's advice on a light application. I applied a half spray to one wrist & it almost knocked me out! Wow, this is heady!

To be honest, I *almost* don't like it. Yet it has that certain allusive charm & mystery to it that keeps me captivated. I can see this one will require patience & persistance to acquire its taste.

It is both vintage and timeless, extremely rich, quite different to anything I have worn before. Absolutely intriguing.

UPDATE: Three months on, Fracas and I have finally parted ways. I never did get the creamy tuberose others so delightfully described. It did become more palatable for my nose with wear but ultimately I could not escpae the fact that I still found it harsh, medicinal & shrieky. Poor Fracas is not to blame, it jsut doesn't blend well with my skin.

Fracas however is still THE ultimate reference for learning about tuberose. I can now single tuberose out in almost anything!

hollycat
hollycat

Fracas is a gorgeous, warm, somehow dark floral fragrance. By dark, I mean, I feel very serious and sophisticated when wearing it. It doenst have a playful spirit, rather it makes me feel that I am a woman to be taken seriously and respected. Theres something about it thats commanding. Its such a sexy scent. On my skin chemistry Fracas is soft, its not loud or offensive at all. In fact Ive had to tweak the amount that I wear by adding a few extra sprays.
Even though fracas is a floral, its somehow yummy to me. Its the creamy, musky base that sets it apart from other white florals. Its exotic, heavenly, and Oh so WOMANLY.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I didn’t know what I was expecting when I tried this EdP version of an old classic, undoubtedly the reformulated version. However, after seeing other people’s reviews, I’m glad I dabbed it on cautiously from a sample vial rather than spraying! My first impression was of a classic French perfume, feminine, blended from a lot of different notes, but then something started smelling strange, like a towel that has been festering in a humid bathroom and needs to be washed. There are white flowers all right, tuberose and gardenia and orange blossom, which are all very good, but there’s another note that’s like lactones (probably what is described by others as “creamy”). I think the excessive creaminess ruins the flowers for me. The other thing that contributes to the unwashed towel impression is what must be synthetic oakmoss, which doesn’t smell anything like the real thing. The saving component in the base is a hefty dose of clean musk, which helps mask the synthetic oakmoss. I would love to smell the vintage version of Fracas so that I could compare. For now, the new Fracas goes into the archives as a reference.

lialu

I've GOT it!!! I recently got this in a sample pack from TPC and fell head over heels. Got a full bottle in the mail yesterday. What an intriguing, uniqe scent. There is a slightly "almondy" quality to the tuberose that I just can't get enough of. My dear husband, who is a tad sceptical when it comes to my interest in perfume, was stunned. He loves it too, says it's to racy for comfort. :-) Glamorous, super feminine, classy, independent. HAppy me!!! :-)

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Mmmmmmmm! Lovely!

Sprayed this on my wrist several hours ago. I should write down my thoughts while it's still "smell-able".

Up until a few hours ago, Fracas was a mystery to me -- it can't be found at just any cosmetics counter. Plus, it was one of those vintage classics whose praises are sung by people "in the know". I was so curious!

On me? Delicate peaches throughout, which gives it that creamy-ness reviewers are talking about. Next is a floral combination of both tuberose and orange blossom.

Besides becoming a bit fainter with time, its scent hasn't morphed too much (which I like. Sometimes I like the initial spritz but don't like the dry-down; other times I can't stand the first few hours, but the end is pleasant).

Must. Get. Some. Soon.

lialu

Got 5 samples from TPC today! One of them the legamdary Fracas. No wonder it is so well liked and recognised. Loads of tuberose, unmistakeable, unique. First sniff a bit scary, then wow! Long lasting too. :-) This is very addictive. Can't stop sniffing my wrist. I don't now if there is a top100 or even a top10, but this should be on every perfumistas top 10!!

Blissful80
Blissful80

Very, Very addictive! I never smelled fracas before. I really loved the way it was described, it smells just like pure tuberose, it has a very lush clean musky dry down that smells sexy. I LOVE this perfume! I bought it about a month ago.... and I have tons of different perfumes too... but, I have been wearing this almost everyday. Everyone I have come in contact with while wearing this lush sexy perfume has told me I smell soo good. LOL that feels so nice, it makes me smile everytime someone says something!Lasting power is amazing. This goes so well with my chemistry too its like after you wear it for a while you can't tell you have anything on but everyone else seems to know it. Also, when I take a shower it smells so good in the shower. It makes people notice you in a curious way lol because they are wondering what your wearing or should they ask...lol Im hooked!!! Every since I have bought Fracas I only want to where fracas, I own so many perfumes I can't decide what I want to wear because I keep coming back to Fracas.

adele l
adele l

This is the best tuberose- must be used very sparingly otherwise it has an almost soapy edge to it that you can taste! Huge, heady white floral with clean, soft undertones. Unparalled in longevity and sillage, old fashioned but not dated.

12amag

i got Fracas today, i was so happy... so i tried it. First 15 minutes, really hated it...but then as it settled it was the most enchanting thing ever, .... but i think i'll save it only for special occasions. Such a beauty, Really glad i bought it :D

nyoka
nyoka

i got to try fracas for 2 days.at first spray,it was almost chemical like,but in just a second,i was surrounded by a boquet of beautiful white creamy flowers.all day it was as if i was walking barefoot,crushing them between my toes.the scent would waif up and tap me on the shoulder again.after a long day as i tired,so my fracas calmed down into a musky sandlewood dreamy,soft finale.

devotee
devotee

I received Fracas as a present shortly after it was reissued. Don't get me wrong, I like tuberose, but I hated this with passion! To me, and to other people I tried to pass it on, it stank, so much that I struggled to give it away! I think I'd sent it to some unsuspecting soul in the end (my aunt) who lives abroad.

HOPE007
HOPE007

One of the most beautiful perfumes I have ever had the pleasure of trying. I have been dying to try it and found it at a well known store that sells cosmetics and perfumes, when I went for something else. I immediately bought it after I sniffed it... It does remind me of White Shoulders in a way... but it lasts oh so much longer. I have a huge issue with perfumes never lasting as I have semi-dry skin and for some reason even the best perfumes only last a few hours unless I put it on my clothing.. but this one lasts and lasts. Totally gorgeous overall. I cannot praise it enough... It did get me many many compliments when I have worn it. Definitely one to try!

SYDNEYGIRL
SYDNEYGIRL

i was hoping id love this, i got a sample and it was such a strong smell! i decided to persevere as i love almost all the ingredients that are in there,and desoite the fact that it smells like sugary lollies/candy to me..i wore it to work one day and had an appointment to see a collleague in his office,whilst i waited in his office-clearly reeking of fracas; he walked in and profusely apologised for the fact that the cleaners had been in and used such strong detergents! of course i cracked up laughing and informed him that i am wearing a perfume that madonna wears, he was so embarrased and when i told his wife about what happened she couldnt stop laughing! i guess the lesson with fracas is 'less is more' its really strong and heady! gave it to my friend, she smells lovely!

Peggy
Peggy

I love it.Ordered it online unsniffed and when it arrived it had the most divine smell of all.
It's a clean tuberose floral. Here in Greece Tuberose is a common but vanished flower the later years called "indichi".Sexy-very feminine and seductive of course..

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Fracas is "bigger" than any other perfume I have, so reviewing my experience with "her" is hard... I say "her" because Fracas is definitely a "HER" nut just a perfume. She has personality; she has power, she has tantrums; but she is beautiful and seductive, and people tend to forgive her mistakes, because she is so very charismatic.
I wanted to own Fraas simply because of the reputation; plus I love Robert Piguet. My first to own was Bandit, and Bandit and I, we experienced love at first sniff. Fracas however, was not.
First reaction was... this isn't as strong as everyone else says it it. Spray spray spray. What is the big fuss over this?
Second reaction... it smells like tuberose, but not that much; it's not warm enough like others described it; it's not lush and it's not wet, and where is the jasmin, and gardenia and orange blossom?
Third reaction... ok, this is getting stronger, what it going on? ok, tuberose is not light scent, it's blooming on me! then the rain comes, and intensifies the fragrance even more. It's wet and strong and sweet but still quite harsh, at least according to my nose. And then finally, a note nobody mentioned, cinnamon ! Spicy, smooth and with a pinch! Blends so well with the tuberose! Or is it the wet dirt smelling like this? ...
it's the rainforest scent mixed with this enveloping and almost suffocating scent that comes from an enormous plantation of tuberoses.
I love it but this doesn't mean it's the best perfume ever. Not at all, I have others I love much more than this.
However, if you can wear it, more power to you.
Fracas is bound to leave an impression. what kind, well, I cannot say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder; but one thing is for sure... it will make you, without a doubt, unforgettable.

c3c
c3c

Malegria was good enough to send me a sample of this. It leaked in the mail and when I opened my package it's all I could smell...yum! Tuberose is definitely prominent, but if you've ever smelled the Hawaiian Pua Keni Keni flower Fracas is a great rendition of it. It's fabulous and I immediately set out to find a bottle to add to my collection. Mission accomplished, package is in the mail, can't wait for it to arrive! Meanwhile I'll dream of Fracas.

vioversilver
vioversilver

Fracas is a heady, rich tuberose scent - creamy, lush , very strong personality , but with class.I get some jasmine too, at the end there is a musky, woodsy effect mixing with the florals.
For some reason I get the image of Ava Gardner with this perfume - she looked regal , beautiful for sure , but at the same time she had quite a strong, earthy personality - she could throw down with the boys when she felt like it - but still be a true lady..

Another classic that sure doesn't connote 'old' to me, it can stand proudly amongst all others that have come well after it.
This perfume is another that seems steamy & moist , just as Ma Griffe does , at least to my nose.

This was the EDP version I tested, got very soft on my skin as the hours passed,the cedar seemed to really show up nicely, mixing very well with the main diva here, tuberose.

mymlan
mymlan

As an Versace Blonde lover I was certain that Fracas would suit me as well as I've been reading the reviews. I also had a vague idéa that Fracas some day could replace Blonde which is becoming more and more hard to get.

The amazing thing is that when I compare them (Fracas edp - Blonde edt), they actually smell almost the same. On my skin the difference is tiny. I find Fracas a bit dryer and sharper than Blonde though. Blonde is a little bit sweeter and softer. But when I go from Blonde Edt to pure perfume and compare it with Fracas, the difference increses. Blonde perfume is much sweeter and more widely flowering than Fracas. Fracas is still the most potent of them and its staying power is tremendous.

Fracas is the most bold of these two ultra feminine fragrances. Yet Blonde is softer and more flowering in a broader sense. I believe both of them will be in a very special place in my heart, side by side rather than overlapping. What can I say? Adorable florals, I need them both! :)

Update: I actually sold off Fracas after a while as I never used it. It think the tiny difference between them made me prefer Blonde that I already had a strong relationship with. If I would have Fracas again if would have to be the pure perfume that smells so heavenly of buttery tuberose.

guest_Angélica
guest_Angélica

Fracas não admite imparcialidade.Assim como o Eden Cacharel.Ou se ama ou se odeia.Eu gosto,mas deve ser usado com muita moderação.Prfeiro florais mais suaves.Mas é requintado,bem vintage.

I had never heard of FRACAS, much less seen it for sale anywhere until I was selecting something from Colonial Drug on Brattle Street in Cambridge, MA, to use a gift certificate. FRACAS was recommended to me as something "new to me" worth trying.

They were not wrong: FRACAS is a genuine, bona fide, perfume of a perfume! What a change from the dime-a-dozen evaporate-in-fifteen-minutes fragrances currently experiencing their fleeting fifteen minutes of marketing glory and dubious fame!

I am swathed in bouquets of flowers that make it impossible to forget that I applied FRACAS edp (every bit as strong as what is usually bottled as perfume) eight hours ago--and I recall occasions when FRACAS lasted even until the morning after. This is a fragrance that calls out to everyone within a 500 meter radius: I AM WEARING PERFUME.

Fortunately, however, its impeccable quality makes it possible to wear this edp in public, and even to be proud to do so, provided that one is prepared to answer questions all day about the wonderful scent presenting itself insistently to the noses of anyone who finds himself in a closed volume of space with you. FRACAS is apparently loved by Madonna and other self-assertive types, which comes as no surprise.

If you are looking for an innocuous "skin scent" or prefer to hide the fact that you wear perfume at all, FRACAS is definitely not for you. On the other hand, if you're looking for a truly delectable floral with an utterly unique, impossible to imitate composition, FRACAS will make you smile. The only fragrance that comes even vaguely close to being a second cousin to FRACAS, at least according to my nose, is DECI DELA by Nina Ricci. There is a playful je ne sais quoi at work in both, and their overlapping basenotes seem to link them together in my memory somehow, despite their evidently very distinct qualities.

When I ran out of FRACAS and went back to Colonial Drug, they were all out and recommended PAVILLON DES FLEURS as a similar scent. So untrue. PAVILLON is much more floral and does not have the "FRACAS edge" that makes this perfume so well named and beloved by me.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I smelled this several years ago out of a tester, and thought it smelled like a gymnasium full of sweaty Avon ladies..."and lift...and spray...and bend...and spray."

Since then, I have come to my senses. Fracas is wonderful, but it is better dabbed on than sprayed. After the first 10 minutes it becomes very lovely and soft, and doesn't get shy and disappear. It is perfect on skin.

Malegria
Malegria

Fracas is a good tuberose scent - and that`s about it, in my opinion. May be I expected too much, but on my skin it is a soliflore scent, beautiful in the beginning and very washed out and vague in the end, no strong base, and despite the complexity of the notes, tuberose conquers all.Of course, if you like tuberose that much, love the strict simplicity of a bottle (like I do) and don`t care about the price (I wish I could) - go for this elegant tuberose bomb.But, honestly speaking, you can find a tuberose cheaper and long lasting then that (whispering: and more enticing, too!)

jellybeantree

Oh no this perfume doesn't work with my chemistry at all! It smells like beautiful tuberose but underneath is a very pungent undercurrent of something that doesn't work. Well I still have carnal flower, its the only tuberose fragrance I LOVE!

This is most likely the most popular niche fragrance in the world. Prior to testing Fracas, I had read so many rave reviews so my expectations were high, very high.

I'm certainly not disappointed. Fracas is every floral lover's dream. Rich, heady white florals on a creamy and woodsy base.

Don't think pretty and reserved, think bold and seductive. Fracas is an interesting combination of buttery tuberose and jasmine with subtle hints of spiciness, (possibly due to the coriander, geranium and amber) and a refreshing green-like quality.

This fragrance is powerful and a definite head-turner. Despite being produced in the late 40's, I find Fracas quite modern and certainly appealing.

The lasting strength is beyond wonderful and the sillage equally as strong. However, if over-applied this fragrance could be a little overwhelming.

Fracas becomes particularly powdery in the drydown which doesn't bother me in the slightest. Its delicately powdery quality is very soothing and feminine on the skin.

This is one fragrance that I urge other floral obsessed people, like myself to try. It's hard not to love this very unique and beautiful scent.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Fracas, indeed! This scent is beautiful, loud, exuberant, simple yet lovely. It is definitely a contradiction that somehow pulled together works. While the tuberose and the gardenia are prominent, I can smell the underlying of jasmine and orange blossom that when blended turn this one into dynamite! Not something I would wear everyday, as I only have a sample bottle and every drop is precious. This is the scent of a strong yet beautiful woman who is unapologetic for her independent bluntness and freedom. I love it!

Flora55
Flora55

I adore Fracas, as big and loud as it gets and unapologetic for being so, one of the few perfumes that I can't think of as ever being unisex, it just screams "I am woman" to me! The heady combination of candied tuberose and orange blossom is hard to pull off but that's what this diva is made of, and we love her for it!

rednose
rednose

Not at all spectacular. I've figured that this perfume would be so much more...it is just OK. Infact it needs a little oomph.

This is the kind of fragrance I would associate with an 80 year old English lady from the 40s named Fran.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I find this sensual, but barely wearable--I have smelled this once before on an acquaintance, and found this a bizarre but sensual classic- a skin scent of an ice queen. I would think so much tuberose would give the impression of a warm voluptuous lady-it smells like cold milk on me, while it smelled like a heady, drying bouquet on the lady I first smelled it on. From a distance this must be more pleasant too, sniffing my wrist I find it a bit overwhelming. It is kind of elegant, but not for me. There is a harshness about this mix of chemicals, this is really the perfume of bombshells, in more ways than one. I actually prefer Bandit, even though I had a negative reaction to it at first.

alianeblue
alianeblue

Tuberose in my country of birth is called Azuzena, and it represents death. I really never liked tuberose scent as a child because it reminded me to funerals and deceased neighbors. However when I was introduced to Fracas some years back at Neiman Marcus, I couldn’t believe that this sophisticated, complex, elegant and divine scent had a lot of Azuzena notes. My grandma used to tell me how beautiful this fragrance was back in her 20’s, but I was never interested on it until I smelled it at Neiman Marcus. So I didn’t buy it right away and instead waited to see if could find the original version, since I imagined that such an old scent had been reformulated already. I managed to get half bottle of the original Fracas at www.theperfumedcourt.com, which resulted in a great asset to my collection.

memechose
memechose

Fracas opens with sweet and delicate notes of bergamot, mandarin, and lilac. The heart brings a charming fusion of white flowers. But by the time the Tuberose, strident and seductive shows itself, (no matter the veiled and flirty jasmine, white narcissus, gardenia, and lily of the valley and white iris); it is the tuberose that is locked in an almost painfully passionate embrace with the base notes of sandalwood, vetiver and sensual musk.

guest_guest 1967
guest_guest 1967

im jahr seiner enstehung 1948 war es ein paukenschlag von einer der wenigen weiblichen nasen der parfumwelt germain cellier, es ist ein rausch aus weissen blüten, der tuberose. robert piguet widmete diesen duft der schauspielerin edwige feuiliere. man sagt das er seine düfte stets an den geschlechtsteilen der frauen testete, so die pikante legende. nach seinem tod anfang der fünfziger verschwand fracas aus europa, um in den usa seine comeback zu feiern.
es ist gerade an der amerikanischen ostküste und bei bergdorf goodman einer der top ten düfte.

allexa27
allexa27

Tuberose ,tuberose and creamy tuberose.Thats it.For me is very plain,not complex at all.Sure i like it but it is not something to die for.I was expecting much more before i got it.

Amanda79
Amanda79

A vintage fragrance with prominent tuberose and I just love it. Fracas takes me back in time without smelling outdated. The mental images run rampant taking me to the 20's. I want to throw on a flapper dress, fishnets, hair in a bob, tons of makeup, drink a martini, listen to jazz and smoke one of those long cigarettes. Tuberose goes great with cigarette smoke too. VERY sexy. Not something I could wear everyday but I might have to pick up a bottle for fall/winter... hmmm maybe around Halloween and go as a flapper girl!

maggiesmeow
maggiesmeow

With apologies-this is putrid. i think the tuberose scents are something akin to territory marking entre females only. Suffocating tuberose mingled with a purile berry middle note and something musk does not spell "take me". In fact--most men i know LOATHE the smell of it. Sorry girls.

TheBritishEccentric
TheBritishEccentric

Fracas is my signature fragrance. I have had a love affair with it since the 60s when I first smelt it on the genius Ossie Clark whom I worked for. One whiff and I am back in his studio and that heady time in history! A truly unique fragrance and instantly recognisable for those in the know! Men adore this fruity lovely too!!I was broken hearted when this was discontinued and would search for it in every country I visited and sometimes a dusty bottle would be unearthed, thank goodness it has been reintroduced and it still smells the same as it did back in the 60s unlike many others that have been reformulated. One of the most iconic perfumes ever made!

ramiske
ramiske

All TUBEROSE! Which is perfect, because it is probably my favorite floral! I really love it, but it does need to be used in moderation!

anava33
anava33

Fracas is an amazing and extraordinary perfume, in which Classic femininity and contemporary sensibility run into this luxuriant white floral scent.
The power of seduction of tuberose, the white jasmine, jonquil, gardenia, rose of Bulgaria and orange flower in a profusion of delicate white flowers, with base of sandalwood, vetiver and musk. Fracas is a perfume that makes the difference when we are wearing it.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

This is a very sophisticated and creamy jasmine. Unfortunately, it does clash with my skin chemistry. I was hoping it would work nicely because in the bottle, it's superb ...

Fracas belongs to a woman of beauty, elegance, sturdy self-confidence, and enchanting femininity. Though it doesn't work well with me, it certainly has my respect. It IS vintage after all, and MOST vintages deserve no less than awe. One spritz and this perfume creates a veil of rich, silky, and aromatic flowers on you. Once you get to the base, the silk veil unfolds gently, slowly...revealing a soft amber cardigan woven amidst the finest woodsy & earthy notes known to man.

This is coming from someone who usually runs away from Jasmine...but if I could wear it, I would, and I would wear it on proudly.

Trinity
Trinity

I am a bit scared of "Fracas" I must confess. She is so utterly beautiful and perfect that, while wearing her, she makes me sometimes painfully aware of my flaws…...

"Fracas" belongs on the red carpet….paparazzi taking her picture and she stunning, beautifully dressed up with a big smile. She IS all Tuberose and she knows exactly how beautiful she is……

I only wear "Fracas" while I am feeling absolute fabulous and confident of myself - nicely dressed-up with perfect hair and make-up. Otherwise, I could not take up with her….it is like standing next to a gorgeous super-model. If you are not completely self-confident you will disappear next to her and no one will ever take notice of you….

"Fracas" is therefore not easy to handle! As with all beautiful women, she can be quite demanding and obnoxious….if you cannot cope with her strong scent, she will walk all over you …she will wear you instead the other way round!

But, if she likes you….loves your skin chemistry, she will be the best friend you will ever have….she will generously share the limelight and will lend some of her beauty to you!

How to make friends with her? Flatter her, take her seriously and treat her with respect….take her out to the most beautiful places, but be strict! Only let a few drops of this heavenly jus touch your skin….otherwise she will be too much to bear!

Cherub573
Cherub573

Well I have respect for this fragrance as being a classic. I hesitate to call this a fresh floral and it hardly reminds me of fresh blooms though it is creamy and quite unique.
It is strong and gives off a lot of sillage, definitely for a woman who loves luxury, which is why I went out of my way to introduce it to my mother, who loves it. And I love it on her. She also likes to wear Michael by Michael Kors, which I think smells very different, but they both share a tuberose heart.

Intense white floral with incredible creaminess, daring but never gross, Fracas is the essence of happiness! When I wear my little drops of Fracas I feel like entering in a different world of pleasure, poetry, softness and love! First notes encourage me to go on, like a promise, "go on, there's much more". Like a sweet explosion of white flowers flying around my head like not- so-innocent fairies, tentalizing, they bring a ray of sun each weaving a web of golden light.
Fracas is not a scent for rush hours. No running into the city, no crowded places. Fracas is a multi-faceted cloud of tuberouse creaminess that deserves slow times to enjoy. It conjures images of intimacy, sensual happiness: think of a big white bed with silk linen, early summer, a window open over the bed with early sun passing through playing reflections with the white wall, bed linen and happy skins of two happy bodies. I see a hugging couple waking up in the summer light after a night of love . She's tender and beautiful, he's dreamy in love. They know each other spiritually and sexually and the more they do the more they feel love. No one is around... maybe a cat, maybe singing birds in the silence of a flowering garden outside. They smile knowing, no word needed. One minute or a hour? Who knows? Time is sooo slow and all around the light of gold envelops the whole scene. What will they do? Tea for two? A walk in the garden? The incredible plentyful happiness of the heart is there. Fracas is there: love, golden love, untouchable.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

If every other fragrance you own disappears within a few hours, this is your perfume. It lives on well into the night. Fracas is one of the most powerful and beautiful perfumes ever created. It's a woman... and you only need one spray on the wrist. On the neck it could be very intense. This is best in other places, so you get the scent of it without being overwhelmed. Fracas smells differently on me depending on the season we're in. I prefer it in the fall and winter or at night. There is something so enveloping about this perfume, and after that it consumes your lover's senses. Very intoxicating and alluring tuberose that cannot be resisted.

essija
essija

I do deserve Fracas even though I am No Diva. My skin loves this. It is unlike anything I have ever smelt and it must be the Violet I'm getting the most of. To me this smells like Ripe Grapes off the vine ready to make a suculent devine wine. Ohh how this is not really white floral on me at all, it's deep red wine... Love you Fracas!

Spring25
Spring25

Wow, this scent is wonderful! It's the best tuberose I've tried since Estee Lauder Private Collection. It's very long lasting to boot. I can't say enough good things about it! This is a must try, especially for tuberose fans.
Oh yeah, great name too!

Mals86
Mals86

Fracas is the reason some people believe they hate Big White Florals. (Just like Opium is the reason that for years I believed I hated Orientals... as it turns out, I hate patchouli and adore Orientals with no patchouli in them!) Fracas is the reason that every time I brought home a white-floral fragrance as a teenager, my mother made me take it back.

Fracas is a diva of a scent, with a personality as big as that of Maria Callas. I love her, but I do not really deserve her. She demands six dozen red roses in her dressing room, diamond and ruby jewelry, chilled champagne, evening gowns, and six pairs of Manolos to choose from, before getting into her stretch limo to go out.

My lifestyle includes jeans, twill pants, turtlenecks, and sensible mules. It includes three children, a dog, and a cat... when I wear Fracas, I feel like an imposter. She is too enormously gorgeous for my life.

When that changes, she will be my new best friend. Watch out: we will b*^$h-slap you with huge bouquets of tuberose at the grocery store. And you will adore us.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Fracas belongs on a diva's dressing table - the kind that has a diamond necklace draped over the mirror, a powder puff of rare scented talc below and letters from the fans strewn everywhere!

At first, I felt a bit - the words came to me in embarrassment - stately, wearing this perfume down the street. I felt too young and sharp for it. It does have a very traditional floral bouquet, with top notes that are clean and powdery, fresh without being medicinial...then as it settled and warmed another word for it came into my mind; ravishing.

The soapiness gave way to a luscious blend of orange flowers and tuberose - in fact, every other tuberose perfume I've tried pales into insignificance beside this rich creamy beauty. Sensual. Delicious.

lote
lote

A blond fragrance for a brunette.

When I wear Fracas I suddenly feel like noir star Veronica Lake but dripping in jewels.
It is a flower unapologetic in it's voluptuousness.
I was behind a woman wearing it like a rain coat in a coffee shop. I felt that sacrilegious and does the magical perfume a great disservice.
It calls for delicate layering from out of the bath to anointing lightly with it's holy tuberose.
It deserves cashmere or light evening gown and perfectly applied lipstick.

Not for the faint of heart. Fracas is serious business.

karolwf
karolwf

This is my absolute favorite fragrance. I travel quite a bit and I am always receiving compliments of the scent. Once when I was returning from Europe after a 12 hour flight I was complimented on the cologne and I raved that if I could still "smell" nice after that long a flight than the parfum had to be good. Wearing it makes me smile as it is really a head turner. I just adore the floral fresh scent as it is definitely feminine, romantic, and seductive. Although vintage it is still a first. I feel naked without it. It is the icing on the cake.

katyas
katyas

I have the tiny Parfume Extrait and have used it only sparingly because of the exorbitant cost to get more. This is a lovely, floral scent with a bit of spice lurking in the background, waiting for the unwary to wander by. I was very glad to find a good deal so I have even a small bottle of this lovely fragrance.

Robert White
Robert White

This is, as they say, the shit. I love tuberose, and this is the big one. I know this stuff is feminine as all hell, but it's just too good for me to give a damn. When I want to wear it secretly, I dab a little under my nose so I can smell it all day. Then other times I throw caution to the winds and shpritz it on. Then men move away from me on the subway and women look confused. It's big, sexy, and slutty, just like I like my lady friends. Although I can't stand her, I'm not surprised in the least that Courtney Love wears this.

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

This scent smells great! It reminds me of old Hollywood glamour. I actually heard that Marilyn Monroe wore Fracas, besides Chanel no.5. I never cared for no.5, but I have been searching for another timeless, sophisticated scent and Fracas is it! I love tuberose fragrances too, and Fracas falls into that category. So lovely.

honeydays
honeydays

My signature fragrance for the last year. I agree that it's strong, but I wear it every day. Makes me feel like a lady. I shop around and in the past year nothing has impressed me like Fracas. Luckily, my bf likes it as much as I do.

Nuppu
Nuppu

For years I have been reading and dreaming of Fracas, it did sound so good with opulent tuberose and everything else nice, maybe even my ultimate favourite candidate. So when I at last did get my sample, I was in great suspence.

And what a heaven Fracas is! It's even better than I did imagine it. So soft, velvety, creamy, ultra feminine. I do get loads of nice orange blossom at first, then arrive smoothest, most creamy tuberose of possible. Sweet but not sugary. I do not find Fracas too strong or overpowering on me at all.

Love it!

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Fracas is an absolute must try fragrance. Even if you dislike it, it is a classic in the truest sense, and should be experienced at least once. I would never wear it personally (not a big floral lover), but the tuberose in this is so buttery, round, and lush, that it transports me to the tropics. It is gorgeous, even if it's not the perfume for me. Wear it with a light hand. :)

PR
PR

Very elegant, rich fragrance. I like strange warminess of the scent, and then there is something in composition that surrounds you with its aura, and you just can't resist. The composition itself is not something that can be understood by notes, its too complicated, it just have to be percieved. One of the most intriguing scents I came accross so far. After initial burst of warmness some soapy strange note starts emerging, I can't say if it annoys me or pleases, but I couldn't resist but spray Fracas on my wrist( which I don't do at all). After an hour I understood it is familiar to me! Can't say from where, but someone appearantly was using it from my environment..and I can't balme myself for not noticing it as a perfume, because it strangely blends into person, becomes his second skin, his things, and I can't blame the staying power either, which simply can't be competed with.. stayed as fresh on the wrist for hours and hours and hours.. as fresh, just more lingering and slightly softer.. and sweeter..on the next day. Amazing perfume.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Fracas is a gorgeous, heavy, loud floral. I didn't care for it at first, as I thought it was too overpowering. The strong tuberose aroma can be a bit offputting--it almost has a rubbery smell at first, but it gradually mellows on your skin to a softer floral. Fans of true floral scents will enjoy this one.

moccabannana
moccabannana

One of the sexiest & femminine fragrances ever created. A beautiful blend of rich, thick flowes and assertive base notes. Not a chioce of silly girls but of confident, strong, up on their own, women.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

I love Fracas. And like all old-fashioned perfumes, it lasts forever! :):):) This is not for the faint of heart. But it underscores my assertion that new frangrances don't last anything. And no, it's not my skin. Fracas, Opium, KL (Karl Lagerfeld), Serge Lutens, Michael Kors, and others like them last for ever on me. It's just some of the new ones. Bummer.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

It's a sexy, voluptuous floral that every woman should at least try. It definitely has a vintage feel, but however it is not outdated. I love it very much, it exudes the beauty of women; very effeminate. Awesome quality, too! It makes me think of pale pink lingerie with ruffles, oddly enough ;p. Tuberose is the note that I remember the most from when I tried it.

guest_Sweet
guest_Sweet

I adore Fracas. It is glamorous, feminine
and seductive. Even though it is vintage, it still manages to smell modern, yet original.

Fracas by Robert Piguet 3.86 out of 5 based on 1411 ratings and 295 user reviews

Eau de Cologne 3.4oz
FRACAS for WOMEN by Robert Piguet EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
FRACAS for WOMEN by Robert Piguet EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Fracas Perfume by Robert Piguet - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Fracas Perfume by Robert Piguet - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
FRACAS for WOMEN by Robert Piguet SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 6.5 OZ
Gift Set 3.4oz
Robert Piguet Fracas Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz Silkienng Body Lotion 200ml 6.5oz 2pcs
NORDSTROM.com
Robert Piguet 'Fracas' Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz
Robert Piguet 'Fracas' Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz
FRACAS for WOMEN by Robert Piguet EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
FRACAS for WOMEN by Robert Piguet EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Fracas fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Fracas, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fracas by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fracas by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.