Designers » R S » « Groups

Fracas for Men Robert Piguet for men

Fracas for Men Robert Piguet for men
dislike

Fracas for Men by Robert Piguet is a fragrance for men. Top notes are lime, apple, neroli and bergamot; middle notes are teak wood, patchouli and rose; base notes are labdanum, musk and vanilla.

Lime Apple Neroli Bergamot

Teak Wood Patchouli Rose

Labdanum Musk Vanilla

Fracas for Men Fragrance Reviews

DSun
DSun

ahh...haha...a..ha..haha...hahhahahaha...hahahahha!!! Good joke!

So...ahem...is this satire or parody? Because I really don't know. Although, I know I am very amused by it...LOL!!

THIS is Fracas? For men? Really? This is how Fracas for Men would smell like??? hahahhahhaha....omg!
===========

Ok, joke's over. My honest opinion is: Good joke, bad scent. When I first sprayed it on, it took me to those early times when I first started making my own scents and didn't know what in bloody hell I was doing...some of my concoctions actually smelled like this!!! (Well, some worse, some better.)

That's why I was laughing so hard! Fracas for Men reminded me how utterly clueless and what an idiot I was. LOL!!! I still am, but hopefully, I've learned a few lessons since then.

Anyway, to sum it all up: this is a bottle of cheap ingredients haphazardly put together by (what appears to be) an amateur...and then given commercial distribution. (Ouch, that last part hurts! Why him, not me??! *sob*)
___________________

7/5/2015 Thanks, Lanier, for the history lesson. It was very helpful.

Sherihan
Sherihan

What year this was made?

LANIER
LANIER

DREADFUL is the kindest word I can come up with for Robert Piguet's Fracas for Men. Oh my bloody stars it is like smelling Freon mixed with sewage from Tijuana that has been fermenting in an old cooler for about six weeks in the Mojave Desert. I have passed homeless men on the street that smell better than this travesty.

I did a little research and there is a reason behind why it smells so bad. It seems this was created when Piguet was sold to a company called, Alfin Inc solely to cash in on the fame of Fracas for Women. When the company was sold Fashion Fragrances & Cosmetics Ltd. in 1995 this formula was dropped as a phony Piguet from the line. It was considered not a legitimate creation of the house of Robert Piguet by those in the know.

I won’t even bother to go into the notes since they are so noxious that I could not identify a single one as I ran screaming for the shower. The bottle is some kind of pseudo deco design with a huge ugly plastic cap. It shouts “I am cheap, loud and classless and I don’t care!” through a bull horn as it rides on a unicycle down the center of Rip-off Avenue. Fracas for Men is the grand marshal of the bad taste parade.

shamus1
shamus1

Why isn't this categorized as a leather? Why isn't leather listed in the pyramid? Fracas for Men is so obviously a leather fragrance, albeit a dry, spicy one.

I can only imagine the negative reviews are from people who don't like hardcore old-school styled colognes. Fracas For Men is as old-school as it gets, the smell of spiced soap and old worn, musty leather. It smells a lot better than how I describe it, and it is extremely masculine smelling.

This is a much better fragrance than its cheap price may suggest.

MY RATING: 8/10

desmondorama
desmondorama

I enjoyed wearing this fragrance and am personally in awe of Fracas for women; yet sadly, I have to agree with AliceBowie that the packaging and mechanism of the bottle could be improved.

I would still buy and wear this fragrance purely because I like it, it's inexpensive and because I refuse to be a perfume snob.

The lime, apple, neroli and bergamot are very masculine/citrus top notes that actually last quite well, and the sillage of teak wood is great in the drydown as well.

This fragrance is definitely worth a try if you're not fussy about the packaging.

AliceBowie
AliceBowie

Wouldn't it be great to have a male version of the sublime, women's tuberose classic Fracas? Unfortunately this doesn't even come close.
Fracas for Men has to be the greasiest fragrance I've ever experienced. If those citrus dominated top notes could cut through the oily, teak wood note that floats over Fracas for Men's very cheap smelling base of musk and vanilla, it may have had some balance. But, as it stands, this cheapo, drugstore fragrance reminds me of Vitalis mixed with Crisco.
BTW, the bottle's plastic top and spray mechanism are made of the cheapest materials.
Poverty bottled!

Fracas for Men by Robert Piguet 2.95 out of 5 based on 27 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Fracas for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Fracas for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fracas for Men by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fracas for Men by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.