Designers » R S » Floral Fruity « Groups

Petit Fracas Robert Piguet for women

Petit Fracas Robert Piguet for women
dislike

tuberose

Designed to appeal to a younger market who is not yet ready for classic fragrance Fracas, Petit Fracas is a chic floral bouquet, elegant and enchanting, but not too serious. This youthful fragrance is perfect for flirty fashionistas or fashionistas at heart.

The tuberose note of classic Fracas is moved into the second tier in Petit Fracas. Opening with notes of fresh citrus (bergamot and mandarin) and pear, the floral heart of the fragrance reveals tuberose, in conjunction with jasmine and gardenia, atop a sweet base of cocoa, musk and sandalwood.

The Petit Fracas packaging is the characteristic sleek black bottle of all Piguet fragrances, with a pink label and a whimsical heart adorning the 'i' in the fragrance's name. Petit Fracas was launched in 2012.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Pear

Tubereuse

Petit Fracas Fragrance Reviews

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

Petite Fracas is Fracas with cacao and it is sweeter and less green than the original. I like all of Robert Piguets fragrances. It is pretty and the name fits perfectly!
UPDATE: After wearing it for a while they dry down is not my thing I just get Cacao. I will stick to Fracas

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is an enduring, ultra-sweet fragrance that is very noticeable. When I tried it on, for the rest of the day all I could smell was Petite Fracas. It's nice in a girlish way, gives a "pink" feeling. Very feminine, very cheeky.

Update: The lasting power is incredible. It smells as potent as it does after the first spray, several hours later. And does develop into a cocoa-tinged masterpiece. It's a special fragrance and one that could become a signature for someone very easily.

Part of the appeal for me, is that I tend to dress casual (out of office) and I like the pairing of casual clothes/tomboy style and the sweetness of Petit Fracas. It makes for a punchy and intriguing combo I think.

rieestyle
rieestyle

For me Petit Fracas is love at first sight. A nice lady at bergdorf goodman sprayed it on me and I couldn't' stop sniffing off my wrist. I usually do not buy perfumes after first encounter; I would do tons of research and try a sample for at least 10 times to make sure I truly like the perfume. Petit Fracas is the first perfume ever that makes me fall in love after one spray. The rest is history.

Creamy, divine, super long-lasting - which is a must for me when I buy perfumes. Usually I put it on in the morning, and I can still smell a strong endnote at night. If I put it on my hair, it would last for days. I always get tons of compliments when I wear it, and my friends would always say "ah this scent is so YOU!" I wore it during one of our first dates with my boyfriend, and I still remember the look of enchantment on his face.

Petit Fracas has quickly become my signature. As a white floral lover who demands long-lasting power, I'm truly grateful that I found my signature!

Cereza
Cereza

As a huge fan or the original I was more than eager to try this.
"Petit Fracas" for me is a very sweet perfume, it's far superior to other floral fruities, but I can't say this is my style. I dislike the pear note as it's rather "shampoo'ish" to me, I also feel that this is a bit too sweet, not because of the tuberose, but mainly because of the added cacao and pear.
I do not find this young and innocent, it is still very old school and similar to "Fracas" just the tuberose is tamed down, it also has a longevity of 7 hours.

I would suggest trying this to those who love the original and might fancy something a bit different, but in the same traditions.

moloxa123
moloxa123

Very heavy, realistic flower scent. Creamy, warm and elegant.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

I am both curious and suspicious when it comes to supposedly modernized or revisited versions of classic perfumes: on one hand I do understand marketing rules and the willing of many Brands to be up-to-date without abandoning the glorious trail left by their masterpieces, on the other I think there is - or there must be - a good reason for a fragrance to be considered as timeless and often used as a comparative for valuing other scents in the same category, hence there’s no need to appeal younger crowd with kind of easier to wear variations.
But hey, that’s just my humble opinion, and sometimes I get surprised by the beauty of some historical fragrances’s little sisters (or, age-wise, even children or nephews to them). That’s what happened with Petit Fracas. This fragrance somehow manages to fascinate me, and while I feel I could never pull off the opulent and uncompromising Fracas I would gladly find a place in my wardrobe for this one.

Since my first encounter with Petit Fracas the word “retro” instinctively popped up in my mind without any apparent reason (even though I suppose tuberose is responsible for that kind of ancient vibe).. each time I dab some drops from my sample I am carried away by the reverie of being a young lady in the early Twentieth century, meeting my lover in an intricate maze surrounded by sultry flowers and succulent fruits while a chilly wind moves my hair and my velvet dress.

An almost caramelized pear greets me, made even more vivacious and youthful by an enticing breath of brisky citrus notes; as soon as this EDP settles on my skin, I am introduced to a harmonious, elegant, softly creamy accord of white flowers, powdery cocoa and tuberose, here thankfully enhanced in its fruity and mouth-watering facets and almost devoid of its usual intoxicating vibe. The whole effect feels much more abstract than natural, as if the perfumer wanted to evoke a precise feeling or painting an image instead of replicating the smell of flowers and fruits: whiffs of delicate petals and juicy nuances surround me like a gentle breeze, and as minutes pass I am more and more reminded of the smell of something… wedding’s confetti! More exactly, the romantic and vaguely nostalgic scent of those little tulle envelops in which each almond is enclosed, retaining the smooth and ethereal aroma of sugar and fabric (it's surprising how the scent of white florals is able to suggest such olfactory sensations depending on the way it is rendered - coconut, butter, almonds, even peach at times - and that's one of the reasons why I find those notes so fascinating and magical). The fragrance doesn’t seem to change drastically from there on, it just gets a bit rounder and more intimate in the drydown, dominated by a soapy hint of tuberose lying on a base of sweet musk and subtle sandalwood that accompanies me for several hours. A huge sillage is not to be found here, this EDP lingers tenaciously but in an extremely natural way on skin… I guess people around me would get a sophisticated, feminine and slightly malicious trail as I pass by wearing Petit Fracas.

All in all a very well done and lovable fragrance, a must-try for white floral lovers: thank you again, dear Fragrantica friend, for your thoughtful gift of this sample :)

(While the familiarity with Fracas is pretty detectable, I honestly don’t get strong similarities to Madonna Truth or Dare - except they’re both centered on white flowers and sweet notes… this one is subtler, more refined and doesn’t show the suntan lotion effect I definitely get from ToD. I like both, but in a different way and for different reasons).

spidola
spidola

IMO it’s a gourmand tuberose scent.
I like the top note – the pear. It’s very sweet, seems more a jam of the pear, not fresh pear. And I like a lot the try down where I can smell the chocolate, but unfortunately I don’t like the heart of the fragrance – the tuberose. It’s loud and obtrusive for me. Even if the name is “petit” it’s anyway Fracas – seemingly soft and discreet, but in fact it’s rather loud. I think if I don’t feel the fragrance close to me, it wouldn’t mean it’s not good... I appreciate a lot a high quality of Petit Fracas, but I couldn’t wear it.

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

Bought it this summer, because the guy who helped me was so nice and I thought I loved it.
Way to sweet for me, anyone interested..100 ml?

aki777
aki777

Two words - creamy and divine!

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

If you told me this was a celebrity fragrance I would believe you. Don't get me wrong I love my Paris Hilton Paris Hilton and I love Madonna's Truth or Dare, but I also appreciate the price point. A burst of pear with tuberose and a little cocoa in the dry down. Now if you have the two previously mentioned Celeb scents layer the PH over the Truth or Dare (that's what I did on opposite arm, almost identical to Petit, but seems to be wearing better) when people ask what you are wearing, tell them Petit Fracas!

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

okay I'm curious to try this now after buying madonna, I LOVE the modonna perfume so it would make sense to like this since they are close, I want to get my hands on a bottle of this now thanx to madonna!I bet it smells just as good !

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

Sometimes, something results in an 'aha' moment and this is exactly what happened in my encounter with Petit Fracas…there has been a huge backlash by some against modern trends, by those who continue to mourn the demise of perfumery trends of yesteryears and i will admit i was also in that group for a while..but i gradually started realizing that perfumes are as much supposed to celebrate the existing tastes as they are to preserve the tradition and maybe we need to have forward looking approach instead of still sticking with the past and Petit Fracas provides an answer how a compromie is possible…It, at once, manages to preserve what has made Fracas timeless but at the same time also reflects the existing trends, by adding fruity and slightly gourmandy vibe..Fracas has always been meant to reflect success but there is a long journey before success is achieved…Petit Fracas is meant for those who are halfway in their journey to success. The fragrance signature is still tuberose but it is cheerful tuberose, not the intimidating tuberose that represents the older, more successful Fracas crowd

muskymoi
muskymoi

Now THIS is the fracas i can get on board with. It's a sly little devil that insinuates the tuberose in the middle/drydown versus the VERY FIRST THING that hits you. This is lovely and thick and creamy and sexy and ladylike all at once. Like I said, I'm on board with this one. Now, onto coughing up 150 clams.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Sample review:

To me this is not much more than a fruity sweet blend of tuberose and pear on a soft bed of musk... the cacao might be responsible for the sweetness of the scent, but I cannot tell the note apart. Not a bad scent, but I wouldn't purchase.

judyk
judyk

Sincere apologies to those who love Petit Fracas. I don't hate it but...

The citrus and pear make the opening interesting but they quickly slip away, leaving overblown tuberose, Aunt Millicent's gardenia and a bucket-load of saccharin.

Give me the original any day!

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

Petit Fracas opens with familiar fruity burst, which is pungent and sweet and sharp. For the first 30 seconds it might just be the latest strong fruity modern perfume, but there emerges a slightly pepperyness which then turns into the familar heady tuberose of Fracas. It might be hiding beneath the gourmand chocoalte and fruit, but Fracas is there somewhere. As this fagrance dries down it becomes a sweet heady whte floral with a fruity gourmand twist, not sickly sweet, not nauseating, but certainly edible. The heart of this perfume is not that far removed from the original, but it is modern enough to appeal to a new generation, or anyone who found the Fracas just a bit too much.

bacall
bacall

I received this perfume today as part of a graduation/xmas gift from mum and sis. I already own Visa of which I absolutely love. Petit Fracas is just as beautiful in a completely different way. Its such an interesting clean musky sensual scent - not as sweet as Visa albeit just as refined and charming. I love the fact that both perfumes stand out from a lot of generic smells on the market. Such a comforting scent that is far more innocent compared to its 'bomb-shell' sister Fracas.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Exactly @genny17 - ! Petit? This is a jet plane of a perfume. I have to say that this post is in sympathy for those people who were asphyxiated by 'Poison' in the 80s (never was a perfume so aptly named). I used to wonder what the note was that so disturbed me - it's tuberose, and it seems to be love or hate.

My take on tuberose is a back alley where you go to find some spare parts for you car, in haste you step right into a pool of petrol. It's high summer, there's been no rain, so this is super condensed petrol (extrait de petrol), there's no way of losing the aroma without a thorough shower (involving loofahs or exfoliant cream) and a complete change of clothes. I'm not exaggerating when I say this smells exactly like old petrol to me.

I find it so strange that this note is seen as ultra feminine - I love the idea of a voluptuous ultra femme diva who makes no apologies for who she is, but to me, tuberose is a huge turbo diesel fart so enormous that it refuses to diffuse even when you open the window.

This flower must really divide opinion in the perfume world, or is it just me?

Might be called Petit but it still is unmistakably a Fracas!! So not very wearable in my views, unless you love Fracas to start with. Petit Fracas is smoother , the tuberose mixed in with a nice cocoa note.Piguet makes a huge statement with his fragrances, and it is either love or hate. For me they aren't wearable, they are suffocating, and abrasive, almost sticky. But very recognizable no doubt. For some no doubt a masterpiece that will endure.

cinema1974
cinema1974

I don't know but this smells amazing...it not Fracas but Joe Garces the CEO of Robert Piguet market this scent for younger crowd because his daughter did not like Fracas. It does have a french twist but I think it an easy fragrance to wear not a dark mysterious fragrance but an uplifting one... it has a fracas note but more of citrus fruit...Amazing... My Aunt gave me this bottle since she gave me Fracas as my first perfume. Amazing....

maen
maen

Opens with a fresh air of fruits, and I can detect Chocolate note from the first moment, is not loud and is very smoothie.
Then the rich opulent floral notes are appearing, Gardenia and Tuberose, mainly, but way modernized, less strong than regular Fracas. Always mixed with the Chocolate hint, which makes a fantastic different joint.
Base notes makes the fragrance very creamy and pretty.

As They suggest, is young and innocent, also I find it very sexy, because the floral updated side.
Elegant, and as always by the brand and nose, very french.
Different from what's out there...

jonr951
jonr951

Oh wow I want this! Along with the original still! : )

Petit Fracas by Robert Piguet 4.15 out of 5 based on 101 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Petit Fracas fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Petit Fracas, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Petit Fracas by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Petit Fracas by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.