Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

Visa 2007 Robert Piguet for women

Visa 2007 Robert Piguet for women
dislike

Visa 2007 Robert Piguet for women Pictures

Visa is a perfume created in 1945 by perfumer Germaine Cellier. That classic edition was reformulated and brought back on the market by the nephew of the original company. Perfumer Aurelien Guichard reformulated this Oriental fragrance for women, which opens with notes of white peach, pear, violet leaf, Italian bergamot and mandarin. The heart is a bouquet of floral aromas of ylang-ylang, rose, orange blossom and immortal. The base notes are includes patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver, oakmoss, vanilla, benzoin and leather. This fragrance is available as 30 ml perfume extract and 50 and 100 ml EDP. Visa 2007 was launched in 2007.

Bergamot Violet Leaf Pear White Peach Yellow Mandarin

Amarige Mariage

Visa 2007 Fragrance Reviews

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

I can't thank Angelica 000 enough for the most unexpected and generous gift! At first I get shades of Shalimar, with a soft underlying lanolin note. I see no likeness to Angel at all. The fruit, vanilla and leather are soft but give it substance and sophistication. I wore it yesterday to lunch with a couple of friends and they both remarked how yummy I smelled. Great lasting power and silage. That's all I can ask from a fragrance. How I love this one. Absolutely delightful!

emily francis
emily francis

The spot where the sunshine peeks in when you open a forgotten favourite drawer.
Thoughtful and personal, love!

K1
K1

If Shalimar and Chergui have a baby she should be Visa! It's essentially fruity with slightly caramelized pear and peach, that settles in soft smoky vanilla, honey-like woody resin and leather base, all with feminine accent. Visa is a perfume between feminine mystique and quintessential oriental woody vibe. It's a modern femme fatale, a seductive and a perfect signature scent.
★★★★

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

A lovely complex fragrance. It starts out quite light, & I was a little disappointed, sweetish, I guess from the pear, floral...Boy was I wrong! It only took another 10 minutes & I was transported, the fruitiness dropped away a little & the Vanilla & Sandalwood took centre stage. Robust & exciting, another wonderful Piguet.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

A more vintage dated version of Angel, like if Angel was created in 1985 this is what it would have smelled like. Angel is more robust, stronger, deeper and more patchouli in my opinion. Visa is a softer more subtle yet expensive take on Angel. It just feels of higher quality, better ingredients and just nicer all around.

I might add that it does bare a resemblance to Chopard Wish but this is also of a higher quality in my opinion.

I do like it and find it to be very nice and well made. I wonder if I did not have it though would I miss it? Wish is a nice replacement.

JohnMc

Really gorgeous and uplifting, this is probably the only fragrance that is designated for women that I would definitely buy and wear. It's lovely and fruity and uplifting and really well blended.

Douceamere
Douceamere

Very peachy indeed! Not exactly gourmand as we know the genre to be these days (I don't smell any noticeable caramel, vanilla or candy notes), this is more of an elegant floral-fruity sweetness. It feels very pretty and fun.

I find no relation to Angel and very little even to Chinatown, both of which I find richer and more opulent; this is instead very similar to Nina Ricci's Deci-Dela, though perhaps with a bit more leather.

It gets a lot more interesting in the drydown, as the earthy elements begin to gain prominence, but the fruitiness persists even then. Very much more serious and less pretty in the base, this is the part I love. I really wish there was more of the earthy aspect throughout.

Update Sep 2015:
I ended up buying the pure parfum, and I am so happy I did! The deeper, earthier aspects are more noticeable here than in the EDP, and I can finally smell a little of the vanilla and patchouli that made others draw a parallel with Angel.

It is still *not* Angel, however. It is still very much a peach scent, even if the earthy aspects are augmented in the parfum. While the EDP is an elegantly pretty peach scent, I would say the parfum is an elegantly sophisticated peach scent. Both are lovely.

desdemona7
desdemona7

If you don't like over sweet frags, then stay away from this one. My body chemistry said, no. On me it smell like Kelly Caleche which I also can't wear.

gaz525
gaz525

Absolutely adore this. If anyone in the UK is selling a bottle message me :-)

lilalina
lilalina

Sweet peachy, boozy.. syrupy.. A very strong and heavy perfume.. Very old fashioned in my opinion..

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Sadly,, Visa was close to perfection for me apart from 2 accords or notes that sadly gave the whole mixture a very 'generified' feeling. It was the mandarin and violets and together they produced that soft 'orange-haze', floral powdered accord I just can't stand and which pops up in Chanel's Allure homme along with a billion designers and Niches that stray into using this duo, or even one of the notes.

Here it's smoother and more refined but the pear note, benzoin and peach just drown away into the eternal sea of the 'orange-haze'

I get the very fleeting but great not of the immortelle trying to peak above but to no real avail.

So all in all a very promising scent. I can see Piguet wanted to keep some old traditions and build a modern scent 'around' it but for me the orange-haze is just a predominating accord that would only be best left out.

But very sad to see Niche desginers simply either plumping for this combo or going down the band-aid oud, smoking chimneys, 'gaspipe' herbal greens or throwing celery, figs and rhurbarbs all around the place like nothing ever mattered.

My rating: 6/10.
Scent quality: 8/10.

Zazou
Zazou

Thank you becuille, for your excellent review. Visa is a timeless masterpiece.
Just one point I'd like to add:
This is probably what Angel would smell like if it were a classy perfume instead of an utterly vulgar frag.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

Fruity, rich - baroque even but fleeting on a very warm spring day, even in the evening. Seems like a typical winter scent.

becuille
becuille

I don't think I've ever described a fruity perfume as elegant before, but this one fits the bill.

I expected this to be very woody, but it's much more of a fruity chypre. The fruits really dominate and they're very smooth, paring nicely with the creamy vanilla. Peach and pear are the stars of the show on my skin.

I don't really pick up much in the way of florals. On me this is all fruits and vanilla with a slightly woody kick in the background.

This is certainly the classiest, most expensive smelling fruity frag I've smelled.

The sillage is on the mild side of moderate and I find the longevity amazing - at least 12 hours from a couple of sprays.

mellene
mellene

I bought the spray parfum version (not EdP) recently released in 50 ml as I found dabbing too heany. Being a huge fan of vintage Visa in any formulation I dab a bit on with a spritz of the current formulation which has been stripped of Animalis Synarome which leant it's leathery animalic vibe.

Elizete Araujo Moura
Elizete Araujo Moura

My friend has this one gave me a few drops of your bottle in a day party and found it great fragrance of white tea leaves, is a delightful freshness, remember after a day of rain; I love!!

MsBacall
MsBacall

Everything NatWeb said and I quote: "If I was a spy, I would wear Visa. Understated and refined from first spray, it is possibly the most elegant fragrance I have ever smelled. It blends into the crowd quietly but don't mistake silence for meekness, this fragrance is determined. I love it. On me it's not overpoweringly sweet at all, it's gentle and slightly powdery with the sandalwood coming through. This is a fragrance for an intelligent, clever woman who travels the world, wears chic silk blouses, drinks fine wine with old friends, who laughs a slot and loves even more. Has made everything else I've ever smelled in my life seem cheap by comparison."

My thoughts exactly. This is my new favorite!!!

Felurian
Felurian

This perfume blew me away. The second I tried the tester sample, I had to go ahead and buy the bottle the very next day. To me this is an unusual perfume, a masterful blend of sweet gourmand and rich fruits. I normally don't like fruity scents, and prefer incense and gourmands. Visa is such a rich dark fruity gourmand, almost like fermented fruit mixed with a strongly flavored dried fruit strip. This is a strong perfume but very smooth and beautiful to me. Not one note is out of place. Also, a problem I have with many perfumes, even high end ones, is I always detect a chemical backdrop which puts me off the fragrance. But there is no such contamination in Visa. It is perfect.

Note: I have noticed that people who adore Fracas don't like Visa as much in comparison. I like Fracas but I can take it or leave it. Visa is definitely my favorite Robert Piguet scent by far, and among my top 5 of all perfumes I have tried.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Nicer than, but smells very similar to The Original "ANGEL, by Mugler" Now Angel has been reformulated. But the original and Visa are kissing cousins (to my nose).A cross between Muglers Angel & Chopards Wish. Visa is a bit cloying.
Nice & maybe much nicer on someone else., but for me I'll pass.
The true beautiful, sensual, swooner & my heart enjoyed Fracas EDP & Pure Parfum

VISA at the very most 7/10

serchina
serchina

I am definitely not a fan of the fruity genre, but Visa is such an amazing composition full of oriental elements and woods beside the leading peach that make it so irresistible for me. It is one of the best woody-fruity fragrances on the market. The resinous benzoin and suede-like-leather are following this woody peach and creating a retro vintage classic together.
I dont see any similarities between Visa and Angel!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The reformulated version of Visa is a rich, sensual but somehow linear and contemporary fruity-floral chypre, much lighter and more lively than "classic" chypres. Aldehydated and solid, a sort of more adult and calmer version of Daim Blond, less syrupy and more powdery. The drydown is equally powdery-floral, slightly dry, with a subtle suede note, much lighter than I expected – I was hoping for some naughty, darker side to reveal, but instead it was pretty much all there. Well-executed, safe and pleasant, the perfect gift for a refined woman/girl; but to be honest, a bit pale and "mute" to me, with a feel of waiting for something which (spoiler alert) you won't get.

6,5/10

Absolument
Absolument

Visa is one of the rare fragrances ( 2 in my collection) which can only be enjoyed in winter. I don't know if my sense of smell is different in that season due to the coldness or if it's my skin...

fanny
fanny

The category 'oriental woody' is quite right, but I must emphasise the role of fruit here.
The peach has a leading presence; what is more, we have immortelle and a subtle leather to give this peach a solid darkening.
The pear is not just a bit-player; luscious yet restrained, it upholds its modest position next to the glorious benzoin, which features as a second dignitary.

As Visa was reformulated in 2007, I wonder what the original must have been like, as this really has a beautiful vintage character: smooth, complicated and extremely well mannered.

Intoxicating.

(For fans of the discontinued Asja, help yourself to a sample of Visa soon, I urge you!)
(Sacrebleu -Intense- also comes to mind)

Majesty
Majesty

Visa reminds me strongly of Sophia Grosjman´s creations,such as Tresor ,Kenzo Kashaya and Ysl Yvresse (by the way Sophia Grosjman uses peach a lot in her creations,all of the mentioned perfumes contain fruity accords of peach,apricot and nectarine!)Visa is like a combination of the perfumes I mentioned with a touch of spice.I can clearly feel the juicy peach opening which develops to a patchouli-peach combination with a hint of spice. I couldn´t detect leather which is a shame because I love leather. Overall,it´s a juicy,fruity scent with good lasting power. For those who love peach based perfumes or Grosjman´s creations this one is a must try.

allaboutbeauty
allaboutbeauty

I don't see the resemblance to Angel by any means, but everyone's body chemistry is different. On me, this perfume is a close fit to Shalimar. I really loved this scent on paper, but on my skin it turned powdery very quickly. This would be a lovely fragrance on the right person.

jht4060
jht4060

The Brangelina to Angel, Piguet Visa (2007 release) is a beautiful sweet Oriental. Where Mugler Angel is melon and big ethyl maltol (candy sweet), Visa is peach and restrained resiny sweet (benzoin or Peru balsam). Where Angel is vibrant and happy, Visa is elegant and thoughtful. Where Angel is classically feminine, Visa is not - in fact it seems almost masculine to me, albeit in a sweet way. I wish it were a bit stronger.

The top note is overripe peach, bergamot, and violet leaf, but the peach is restrained and well-integrated into a mild benzoin sweetness. There is studied suavity and meticulous blending of notes. I get a subtle rosy floral enriching the middle, followed eventually by a dense balsamic finish, with patchouli and woody notes. To me, the whole experience is not at all like Angel. Where Angel is big and sweet and melony, Visa is faceted and balsamic and peachy. I love them both, but as a man I am more comfortable wearing Visa in public. When I wear Angel, I expect people to wonder if I paint my toenails.

*sophi*
*sophi*

Sweet Woody Patchouli
It's so marvelous , juicy -peachy, plummy and dark at the
opening ...
The heart unfolds rose and immortelle notes so clearly smelling upon a base so of sweet woods (vetiver) and earthy patchouli .The combo benzoin-vetiver and patchouli at the base is so very characteristic of this perfume along with the juicy fruits (may be this makes most to compare it to Angel TM).
All in all the perfume is very well made mixing fruits , florals and woods with such an easy way that is not overpowering and letting space of one phase to unfold on each other with sophistication and elegance.
Marvelous and recommended!

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

The initial blast was urine like and almost scared me, then quickly it is peach wine (the reviewer who said it is peach wine is correct)..... then its simple delicious and sophisticated. I am taking a big bottle for spring !

Fizzy
Fizzy

Fruity fragrance with a lot of leather in it. You have to like the leather, to love this juice. Longevity not so good - about 3 hours on me, sillage OK. Better for cold weather.

butfly23
butfly23

I have a 5ml sample from Jovoy. This is a lovely perfume, a gourmand scent to my nose.
But I don't think I would pay the price for a full bottle when there are similar scents around.
Still rich and sugar/candy fruit, deep and warm.

sniif
sniif

Dark Kiss by Bath & Body Works. Super sweet dark berry syrup that can cause a nosebleed. Visa's touch of powder makes it a hair more adult than DK. Very informal. If it had an age, it would be 25 going on 15 and its younger sisters would be high schooler Coach Poppy and college girly-girl Yves St Laurent Parisienne.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This is just lovely! The only distinct notes I can pick out are the opening peach and pear. After that it's a beautiful, sweet powdery fragrance. It smells like an older perfume. It's what Chanel no. 5 should smell like, if that makes any sense. In that Chanel no. 5 is what I used to think of when I thought of a perfumey smell. Visa is a gorgeous, classic perfume.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I wanted to smell like a glamorous star of the cinema screen so I tried Fracas which Marilyn Monroe among others wore and which everyone said was so amazing, so intoxicating, so long-lasting blah blah but I tried it and I can't believe anyone so glamorous can wear something so stinky!! Same goes for Floris Rose Gardenia that Marilyn wore, God bless her, which smelt like washing up liquid for washing dishes.

Refusing to give up, I tried Visa - figuring that having been made in 1945, it would still make me smell like a glamorous 40s, 50's movie star.

It's lovely, like someone else here said, it's boozy, alcoholic smelling like a nice peach wine which I love. It dries down, nice and powdery and smells like it could be someone's sexy natural smell. I sat there during my day thinking, 'Wow, someone smells lovely!!' then realised it was me :)

The only disappointment was that the base notes can be achieved with a cheaper perfume by Avon called Timeless. However, you don't get the same expensive, boozy smell with Timeless or the explosion of glamour, fizz, and sparkles that Visa gives.

I don't know if I felt like a glamorous movie star with this but it took me a bit closer.

The biggest problem is that I don't know what a glamorous movie star smells like.

kris919
kris919

I hate when high hopes turns to mush. This smells like a very dry yet musty light peach, followed quickly by old lady talc. not strong either. blah

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

I love the smell of over ripe peaches going bad, juice seeping through the skin. That's here with a resinous benzoin. There's a hint of patchouli, oakmoss and some (not enough) leather. This is a powdery, rich peach sent. I don't detect anything like Angel, which on me smells like a patchouli nightmare.

Amazing descriptions by Happyme2009 and mellybee!

freddinos
freddinos

This is a good example of a perfume done right. It may open with lots of sweet patchouli like so many other perfumes today (Angel, La Roue de la Fortune etc etc) but time is on its side. After a while, it becomes complex and so mysterious... It has the smell of a mahogany cupboard where precious cigars, vintage liquors and dark Vahlrona chocolates are being stored. Dark yet comforting. The dry down is so unisex, I can see a true gentleman smell heavenly when wearing Visa...

suhaesa
suhaesa

it reminds me of those mango.. chocolate.. sweet.. perfumes decades ago .. and i am sad to say not the really expensive ones either.. i remember having one for about 60 us $.. i used to ware it so much ..when i was in love with my 9th grade sweet heart..he loved it and now every time i smell this i remember those days ..so i was surprised to smell this again in visa.. the so talked about perfume.. and for some strange reason before i opened it to review it.. i got a notion that it was going to be some not so waw or expensive smelling perfume.. and i was right ..when i tested it at harods i had a tone of other mesmerising perfumes.. i went to get bandit and added this too unfortunately ..
oh my i sprayed again ..simply sweet ..tropical.. coucounuty.. patchouli .. vanilla.. mangoes.. and even chocolate.. it reminds me of Nina ricci dela cei the pink fuschia utterly sweet discontinued one..
its a sensuale perfume.. perfect for a tropical honeymoon ..or a get away ..peachy.. nectarines.. but cloyingly sweet..with amber.. sandalwood ..a bit leathery ..powdery.. spicy.. not dry ..benzoinic..
maybe i need to let it develop and test it some other day when i haven't been testing giants..

edp 100 ml
perfume ratting 4.2 out 5
bottle rating 4.2 out 5
my current personal liking ratting 4 out 5
bought from Harrods knightsbridge london

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Sample review:

Fruity? Floral?? Sweet??? Vanilla? Leather?? Where? Where are they? All I can smell is vetiver I think... this perfume smells like hay to me. Spiced up by the 'fenugreek spice aspect' of Immortelle... No, I don't like it.

Oh wait... I think I have just found an old leatherjacket underneath that huge pile of hay... Too bad it has gotten all musty... No, I still don't like it.

Next...

alice.ruggeri
alice.ruggeri

Just sublime, very long lasting, the perfume you will be remembered for...
A signature. I have no words to explain, its balmy yet powdery, sweet yet intense, enveloping, it would stay on your clothes or on the pillow you've slept on for the day after, its charming and fascinating.

bacall
bacall

I must admit that the pleasant elements of Angel springs to mind upon initial sniff. However, once it begins to settle with ones own body chemistry the magic of this masterpiece comes alive. I could never do this perfume justice by attempting to describe its notes although I can tell you that I really do smell angelic this morning. Such a well blended scent that epitomises femininity and class. You can tell that it was created to give Angel a run for its money and it certainly succeeded. Comparatively, when Angel dries down I'm left with harsh patchouli, whereas Visa dries leaves a heavenly dreamy scent with a delicate powderiness unlike anything I have ever smelt before. Deep sigh....imagining fluttering silky wings of a fairy wafting this divine sweet scent all around me. Simply incredible!

Edit: Ummm I'm getting a much softer and nicer version of Coco Chanel...strange albeit gorgeous!

martina.lazzaro.5
martina.lazzaro.5

questo profumo è a dir poco sublime....ha una base talcata con note dolci,appena spruzzato si fonde con la pelle, non è comune,lo ritengo ricercato e sofisticato...mi ricorda un po' il black di tom ford

jtd
jtd

Visa puts a slightly different touch on the fruity perfume. It’s a stewed stone fruit mix. Plummy/peachy/apricot-like. It’s also got a taste of indeterminate spice along the clove/cardammom/nutmeg axis. Spices that would go well with stone fruit, incidentally. It’s not bright by a long shot, but neither is it heavy or impenetrable. Though dark and concentrated, it remains notably fruity; not boozy, not syrupy, not leathery to my nose (despite many reviews I’ve read), and not ‘radiant’ in the grand Iso-E Super manner.

The drydown loses some of the wattage the fruit has at the start, but comes to have a hushed nectar-sweetness similar in olfactory hue to the woody/aromatic scent a piece of unfinished rosewood has.

If you’re looking for a fruity perfume that doesn’t convey ditziness or guilelessness, try Visa.

dannysmom
dannysmom

Sorry. Kind of a negative review.

There is nothing wrong with the perfume, it's just not for me. To me, this smells vaguely like Angel with A LOT of powder and peach. It's like a fruitier and much more powdery version. While Angel is what I'd call modern, Visa seems old-fashioned. It made me feel slightly sick wearing it, though. From the description; I really thought I'd like it, so make sure you try it before purchasing. If you like the fruity powder in perfumes like Guerlain My Insolence (another one I didn't like), maybe you can do this one.

orchid_84
orchid_84

In Visa, a boozy, sweet peach intermingles with deep, medicinal woody notes. The benzoin is strong – to me, this fragrance smells resinous and ambery, not vanillic or creamy. I don’t pick up on any strong floral notes, except perhaps a whiff of dark red rose petals. The vetiver, leather and immortelle make this warm and a hint smoky on my skin as it wears. Although the peach note is strong, I wouldn’t necessarily be put off trying this if you don’t normally like fruits. This is an unconventional fruitchouli.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

This was too peachy and orange-blossomy for me. These days I find Robert Piguet scents to be like Tom Ford: a bit hit n miss (in context of the price tag), but I find this particular one lacks complexity or depth. Don't get me wrong, on first whiff it had me hooked,(and I like it better than I like Baghari), but I find it gets boring over time. Like a staple diet of peaches and blossoms. There is just "something" amiss, in my opinion. If you like both summery and peachy scents, this could be the one for you. But I just found it too one dimensional for my taste.

sab628
sab628

This perfume is so special, on me it's like a creamy musk with ylang ylang and vanilla, and of course the leather which adds some roughness to it. I love it. Still, it's so strong, I only wear it in the winter

JohnMc

Simply gorgeous, sensual, dreamy bouquet of florals and woods - I'm gonna say it right here, as a guy I simply love this fragrance and whilst it's marketing-gender is aimed at women, I'm willing to buy this for its sheer beauty alone! Awesome, awe inspiring and heavenly. Guys, don't be afraid to try it.

paulie86
paulie86

I've never really read reviews on or had a desire to try other Piguet fragrances because, Fracas is the love of my life from this line so i'm content with just having her in my collection but that's so funny that everyone referenced this to angel because that's exactly what I thought of when I first sprayed this on yesterday afternoon.

That reference on Angel lasts only a few minutes then Visa takes on a whole new personality. Visa is a very rich decadent fragrance it's heavy vanilla and spices I think this scent is sweeter than Angel and I think is an all together better fragrance in my opinion. It smells exotic and beautiful I couldn't stop smelling my wrist lol lasting power on Visa is amazing unlike Fracas which on some days lasts along time on my skin and on other days only a few hours even after dousing myself. I feel like I need to buy this immediately lol

roseharlow
roseharlow

needs to be worn in cold weather to be truely appreciated.
a little too heavy for hot days.

valarian
valarian

I remember trying Angel years ago and I didn’t like it so I'm surprised after buying Visa and loving it, that that Visa and Angel are said to be alike! I will have to try Angel again, out of interest!
I’ve just sprayed and wow it's strong! That’s not a bad thing though, you can always put less on but you can’t amp up a weak perfume. This is sweet and rich, very much of a type. For me the main contenders are Vanilla and fruit as I don’t really smell the leather very much but it is there and probably stops this from going over the edge into the realms of impossibly sweet. I've been wearing this now for 3 hours, or is it wearing me? Boy this is strong! What a refreshing change though, these days many of the new perfumes have absolutely no guts at all, this one is quite different. Overall my summing up is.... great quality, amazing longevity 10/10 and amazing silage 10/10. Very sweet and rich and well worth the money should be applied in small amounts. Oh and don't make the mistake of wearing in an enclosed space for any length of time, people will hate you!

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

A crazy (read inebriated party gal) woman yanked this out of her purse at a party a few nights ago and liberally doused me with it! LOVE LOVE LOVE ... first of all it's Piguet ... how can one not love??? Secondly it's Piguet ... :o). I own Fracas and Bandit ... this was ordered the very next day!!!

Henriette
Henriette

If ever I would buy and wear a scent with strong fruit notes - none in the league of Mitsouko and Femme, just to be clear - I think I would go with Visa. The white peach opening is strong, almost aggressive but not vulgar. It fades away little by little into a soft buttery vanilla and woods and from the loud opening it melts into a soft simphony. I am not a fan of vanilla and peach in scents but I will certainly consider this one.

napiergirl
napiergirl

This scent although does not suit me ,is obviously an elegant and classy fragrance . I love fracas but this i would associate with my big sister . There is the serious leather and benzoin in the mix with bursts of fruitiness and vanilla ....Im not THAT much of a lady to make this mine Fracas suits me much more, a bit more youthfull and free spirited but for a more sophisticated goddess this is stunning .

id
id

It is a silent scent on my skin, I've been expecting something more, maybe the "wow" impression but it didn't happen.It reminds Dior "Dolce Vita" just without cardamom note and some sparkling tones. I couldn't find leather which I love in fragrances. Very special though, benzoin, peach and vanilla together creates a smell of camomilla on my skin. The smell I enjoy but don't wear myself.

delphine67
delphine67

Im testing this today and the main notes on my skin are peach, vanilla and a powdery note maybe the benzoin or vetyver. The peach is very noticable after appleing, then the vanilla joins in.It turns into a lovely sweet and slightly powdery scent. Nice and sophisticated

JohnMc

Tried this fragrance this afternoon in Selfridges in London after being told by the saleswoman that this was 'unisex'. Not so sure whether it is unisex after reading that it's for women, but what the hell, I am sure that 'Visa' is an exceptionally alluring, sensual and yes, Gourmand fragrance with a light and seductive texture. Another one for my future wish-list.

angel6
angel6

I just got Visa and I'm madly in love with this perfume, it's very elegant.
I also have Fracas and I can't wear because I find it too loud, and Bandit I wear in moderation, but Visa I will wear in the summer and Winter because I feel very confortable. I see lots of people comparing this with angel, I don't think so, but reminds me of Chinatown.
Excelent longevity. Highly recommended.

Blimunda
Blimunda

Visa is a reminiscence of the Christmas holidays.
It smells of dry candied fruits topped with bitter cocoa powder. Adorable and unique in my opinion, I see no similarities with Angel!

kewart
kewart

Oh, this scent is completely swoonworthy - just
divine!

I feel totally fabulous when I am wearing it and
adore the fruity/chypre vibe it gives off at the start. Later on the immortelle and leather notes are to die for and the drydown is a class act.It is a creation that invites hyperbole.

Wear this scent anytime you want to feel amazing or keep it as your little secret weapon!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Love! At first spray it smells sweet and grassy. I tried again today and it is complex. Complex in the sense that there are so many different and beautiful levels of scents to tune into. The basenotes come through so raw and pure. It has a similar complexity as Tom Ford's Black Orchid. It's the second time around when the realism of what is being smelled comes full circle. Amazing!

naheed
naheed

What a classy scent is Visa 2007!

It's a luxury to wear such a perfume because the way it travels from the start till dry down is just amazing. It's a perfect balance of notes at every stage.

Visa 2007 starts powdery and is a mix of floral and fruity notes. As it starts to settle, the fruitiness mellows to floral and here I also smell a good amount patchouli. When it settles down completely, it becomes a little sweet and one can tell for sure that this sweetness is of vanilla. Leather seems to have been mixed just right as I hardly smell a harsh leather note in the dry down.

Dry down in any perfume is of great value, because this gives the final verdict for the buyer that if she/he should go for it or not. And I would say Visa 2007 has a very rich dry down and doesn't smell cheap at any stage.

Here's what my teenage sister said when I applied it and entered the room. She was like wow! What a gorgeous scent and it's powdery. Yes, it is a powdery scent right from the beginning and probably the best one for sure.

vertigo
vertigo

Visa is AMAZING.
When I tried it for the first time, it opened citrusy and green. I was testing many perfumes then and found it obvious that this one with it's quite cold opening would go along the chypre path.

I was so wrong.
Visa is a woody-floral-fruity.
What moved me from the very first moment was its resemblance to ... no, not Angel.
Prada by Prada. I really wonder why no one noticed... I admire Prada, but its firm patchouli is just too much for me.
Visa has everything just so perfectly balanced.

They share many things: the top of bergamot, other fruits, green feeling when touching your skin; the heart of ylang & rose and the drydown: sandalwood, patchouli, benzoin, oakmoss, vanilla...

What you can't deny Prada is its beautiful carnation and powerful patchouli.
What you can't deny Visa is its fantastic equilibrium in all stages.

I choose Visa!
I really don't have words to describe it!
It's structure is so stable in every single second, yet smells so tremendously natural, unaffected ... in one word: ELEGANT in its all meanings. Because elegance is quality, simplicity, perfect balance.

Warm, powerful, beaming ...
Staying close to the skin and radiating at moments you don't expect it, always ready to surprise you.
The beginning and heart can make your head spin, the drydown makes you feel so comfortable, sensual, so very yourself. In this feature it resembles Bvlgari Black, 1826 by Histoires de Parfums, J'ose by Eisenberg.

Delicious fruits, mind-blowing powdery rose, warm woody base.

On my skin it goes quickly, in about 2 hours, right to its drydown, which lasts and lasts for hours.
Visa is just a bit vinatge.
For a mature woman, who knows what she's worth and what she wants from life.
For a woman who LOVES LIFE.

Galya
Galya

yes,it's parent of Angel.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I was given a sample of this from a generous member (thank you, Guusje!). I'm not a lover of orientals, but am trying to keep an open mind. I own Piguet's floral creation Fracas and quite like it.

On me, Visa starts off smoky/fruity/spicy and is very LOUD. A very little goes a long way: I've barely dabbed my wrists. At this point I wonder if I've made a mistake -- should I scrub it off? The smoky quality blows away, and what remains is a sweet oriental, and still somewhat loud on my skin. (I'm not sensing any woody-ness.) I could easily see this as unisex.

I'm no expert, but just have a feeling that the materials in Piguet's creations are superior. Yes, very sophisticated, but still too oriental for me, I'm afraid. Maybe there's an oriental out there I'll love. Never say never!

hollycat
hollycat

This smells just like Angel on my skin, which surprises me because the notes are all so different except for the patchouli and vanilla.

I get a lot of patchouli and vanilla with some overipe fruit. very gourmand.

I was really hoping for something more original. Im disappointed that this smells all too familiar to me.

guest_FrengranceAddict
guest_FrengranceAddict

Very mature lady smell,,specially when i use Oud before spraying it,,i let the oud rest for minutes then spray Visa to compine and react with each other,,This perfume is used by lots of Royal familes ,,love it

Robert Piguet VISA 2007 opens very fruitily--almost jamlike--and proceeds to a mild, almost savory and slightly arid, ever-so vaguely leatherish drydown via a sweet and spicy patchouli stage. A few floral seasonings are sprinkled here and there along the way.

My distinct impression is that this reformulation was constructed on the ANGEL model. Although this version of ANGELalia is not repulsive to my nose, it definitely is far too sweet for about half of its life, so with the huge slate of competitors in this category, I have no good reason to make this one my own.

VISA 2007 is my least favorite "made for gals" Piguet fragrance, all of which I have now tried. (Doesn't hold a candle to the divine FRACAS!)

gr3g
gr3g

To me at first it is fruity esspecially pear with vintage lipstick scent then two or so hours later it become leather smokey scent. Great fragrance not only for women.

adele l
adele l

This is absolutely stunning- most of what i try leaves me underwhelmed but this is beautiful. Borderline too sweet but holds back before it overwhelms; you have to be in the mood for a headier perfume to wear it! Reminds me of a powdery chloe narcisse that can actually be worn.

NatWeb
NatWeb

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Visa on me is extra sweet, the softest leather one can imagine, and fruits that have been sitting in a crystal bowl waiting to ripe for too long! Somebody took them, mashed them, added the finest and most expensive natural Tahitian vanilla iceacream to them, and then put the mixture all over their most expensive leathery Hermes purse!
The scent is the result!
You look at the mess and you think... what a mess.... but surely it smells delicious!
So in conclusion, Visa is a bit messy. Messy because I cannot decide when it would be appropriate to wear... it's too strong for day, one puff lasts forever, and dangerous for night when somebody may attack you thinking you're edible!
On cloths the smell never goes away, unless you wash them with a lot of detergent. Luckily it smells so good that you don't want it to disappear.
I guess they have to make it worth your money, as this one was well over $100, topping by far my Bandit and Fracas from the same house.
But I suppose you get what you pay for, and it's going to last me more or less forever...

allexa27
allexa27

For me Viza is very fruty and sweet.It is sure sofisticated .The lasting power is average

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

really fruity, sweet and warm, but it feels nearly oily to me which i do not like.

mellybee
mellybee

Visa by Piguet was created for "a sophisticated woman travels the world but never gets lost in the crowd. Her signature fragrance is reminiscent of all the places she visits and sights she sees."

So the traveller in me was attracted to try the reformulated Visa. I am not convinced that the right olfactory group is oriental floral, it is much more chypre fruity for my nose. Or, let's say, a spellbinding combination of a bowl of ripened fruits and a bunch of variegated flowers with gourmand lethery chypre accords.
Mandarin, pear and white peach sprinkled with vanilla sugar are leading one into the heart of the fragrance, composed by rose, orange blossom and ylang-ylang deepened by honey, at least for my nose. The composition is never overwhelming, nor cloying, in fact, it demonstrates, how alluring the combination of fruit and flower can be. The gourmand notes are refined and sophisticated. The immortal and moss give chypre quality to the fragrance. As the scent dries down I can also smell the subtle earthyness of patchouli.

Visa is a well done fragrance with depth and character, offering a choice for the cold days.

PR
PR

Nice, very fruity, very lighthearted scent to me, not the one you would expect to come out of the black bottle. I liked it, but next to Fracas it looks very ordinary, though they're in different olfactive groups..oops, is it oriental woody? don't believe that. It's very fruity, rather floral fruity,starting with capital 'F'. I hope my nose didn't play tricks on me

jillsy
jillsy

I had forgotten how wonderful Visa was until I resniffed it the other day, it was like falling in love all over again! Love it! A sweet fruity floral but with character, unlike many of the new releases on the market. In the base there's a tiny bit of oakmoss and vetiver, only barely there - like a whisper of a chypre. Gorgeous!!

Erika_K
Erika_K

Really close to Angel, but much more fuity on my skin