Designers » R S » Leather « Groups

I have it: 1 I want it: 10

leather
smoky
Tabac Blanc Roberta Andrade for men Pictures

Tabac Blanc by Roberta Andrade is a Leather fragrance for men. Tabac Blanc was launched in 2010. Top notes are bitter orange and fig; middle notes are leather and exotic spices; base notes are cedar, tonka bean, cacao pod, castoreum and musk.

Bitter Orange Fig

Leather Exotic Spices

Cedar Tonka Bean Cacao Pod Castoreum Musk

Tabac Blanc Fragrance Reviews

SchopenhauersNose
SchopenhauersNose

According to Roberta’s own site, Tabac Blanc has top notes of bitter orange and fig, heart notes of tobacco flower, leather, and exotic spice, and base notes of cedar, tonka, cocoa, castoreum, and deep musk. It was launched in 2010 by Roberta Andrade, who is the artistic director and perfumer at Roberta Andrade. You can find her site at RobertaAndrade.com.

Tabac Blanc is one of the scents that Roberta has made for men under the Elemental Scents collection, along with another gem called Monsieur which I will review in the very near future. Tabac Blanc is stunning, beautiful, and completely honest about what it is – white (or blond) slightly leathery tobacco. I was introduced to the perfume in a Scent Trunk box last year, and after Imaginary Author’s The Cobra and the Canary (another leathery tobacco flower scent), it was the second full bottle I knew I would eventually buy.

The initial spray of Tabac Blanc opens up with a burst of lively bitter orange and while I usually don’t care for fig, I can detect it here and it undergirds the elegance of the whole opening. After several seconds, I can start to get the utterly seductive notes of cedar, spices, tobacco (flower), and leather. I love tobaccos of all kinds, but the genre usually limits you to certain seasons: they’re usually heavier perfumes, and better for colder weather – but this would make a superb scent, with its zesty, tangy orangey opening even in the warmest of summer days. The tobacco, even as it dries down, never becomes dank, dark, or ashy. All the way through the dry down, it retains this bright, airy, aromatic quality, thanks to the tobacco flower and the cedar – the two most prominent notes later in the perfume’s life.

As far as lasting power, the EDC sample that I received through Scent Trunk lasted maybe 3-4 hours on my skin. As I’ve mentioned in reviews, as long as something can hit the four hour mark, I have no problem with re-applying. (Who really wants a perfume to last for 12 hours anyway?) However, this enhanced EDP version gets me a couple of extra hours, and to my nose has a bit more of depth of tobacco, cedar, and that wonderful suede-y leather. You can get the upgrade for a pittance on many men’s selection in Roberta’s collection (see below), and it’s very much worth it.

A note on the names that you’ll find on Roberta’s site: you’ll notice that all of her perfumes marketed for women come in eau de parfum, while the ones for men come in eau de toilette. I asked her why this is, and she said it was because men often see the word “parfum,” and think it’s for a woman, even though it’s under the men’s section on her site. I asked her to upgrade my personal purchase of Tabac Blanc from the EDT to the EDP strength – a favor that she will gladly do for any customer. Another spectacular thing is that even with that increased concentration, my bottle still only costs $55 for 60 ml – still less than a $1 USD/ml. I can guarantee you that you can search the designer, niche, and independent perfume markets for a tobacco of this quality at this price point, and you will end up empty-handed. If you’re looking for a year-around, bright, dusty, masculine, complex tobacco scent, this is perhaps one of the safest blind buys that I could ever recommend.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roberta Andrade Tabac Blanc fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Roberta Andrade Tabac Blanc, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tabac Blanc by Roberta Andrade. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tabac Blanc by Roberta Andrade represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.