Designers » R S » Chypre Floral « Groups

Capucci de Capucci Roberto Capucci for women

Capucci de Capucci Roberto Capucci for women
dislike

aldehydic
Capucci de Capucci Roberto Capucci for women Pictures Capucci de Capucci Roberto Capucci for women Pictures Capucci de Capucci Roberto Capucci for women Pictures Capucci de Capucci Roberto Capucci for women Pictures Capucci de Capucci Roberto Capucci for women Pictures

Capucci de Capucci by Roberto Capucci is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Capucci de Capucci was launched in 1987. Top notes are aldehydes, coriander, green notes, peach, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are carnation, tuberose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are leather, amber, patchouli, coconut, civet, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Aldehydes Coriander Green Notes Peach Bergamot Lemon

Capucci de Capucci Fragrance Reviews

here the olfactives notes of Capucci the Capucci,
the one currently available distribuited by Weruska & Joel:

Olfactive family: CITRUSY-GREEN-FLOWERY

top: bergamot, orange, cassis, neroli, galbanum

heart: violet, hyacinth, lily of the valley, rose, ylang-ylang, coriander

Base: musk, oakmoss, vanilla, sandalwood, amber, cedar, vetyver

My nose does not notice any vanilla and amber.
It is definetely a dry fragrance specially the drydown. I see it very good as unisex.

mufulia

The olfactive description given by Fragrantica is about the Capucci de Capucci in a pink box, written Capucci de Capucci on the box and ON THE BOTTLE.
This Capucci the Capucci is discontinued and only avalaible through (miniatures) collectors. Here in the Netherlands, Europe is still quite easy to find.
(miniatures collectors)
The Capucci currently available in perfumery (web) shops, is a citrus/green/floral. It is not a chypre at all. It has a mostly white box, with some yellow and reddish purple and it is written original Capucci de Capucci on the box, while on the bottle is written Capucci Femme. Currently distribuited by
Weruska & Joel. They both were launched in 1987, so
what you can currently buy is not a reformulation of the other one! I have both and like them both, but maybe I prefer the so called "reformulated" one,
because of his drydown, very very resembling that of
Anais Anais.

athenian
athenian

Capucci de Capucci used to be a great perfume. The one available on Ebay is a shadow of what CdC used to be. The same applies to all other Capucci perfumes sold on Ebay. They are reformulations not worth the money. Most of them smell the same. You barely differentiate between Yendi, Filly or Capucci de Capucci. Recently I bought an original Parce que (parfum) and Capucci de Capucci (EDT). Those were masterpieces. The current versions are a joke.

yvankraft
yvankraft

Oh, this makes me think of The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone! What a beautiful fragrance, so classy, ladylike, luminous. A kind of perfume that is in extinction these days... As great as Coco, Paloma Picasso or L'Air du Temps.
Update: The current formulation is entirely different from the original, it reminds me of Oscar by Oscar de la Renta. More precisely, Oscar + Joop Femme. The original was crisp and chypre, the new one is baby powdery and sweet. It's not bad, but it is not the Capucci I had one day... Could someone tell me his/her impressions of what it is like now? I'm curious...
Update 2: Close to Lalique!
Update 3: Between Vanderbilt and Oscar de la Renta.
Final impression: it WAS so good.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

I have tried both the vintage of this lovely fragrance and the current formulation. Don't throw tomatoes at me but I enjoy the current formulation better. The vintage comes on so strong in the opening it is a challenge to wear. The chypre is HUGE! I find the current more wearable. It wouldn't seem out of place any season for any occasion. They both have the same and BEAUTIFUL dry down along the lines of Joy by Jean Patou or First by Van Cleef and Arpels. It is soft, cozy, womanly, classic decidedly NOT a current offering. Think museum quality...instead of fruity smooty celeb fragrances. I love it!

Happy Perfuming! ♥

Meche2011
Meche2011

This perfume has been one of my favourites since the mid 90's.. A lot of my fragrances from that time have come and gone from my collection, but, I have always kept Capucci around.

A lady I worked with wore it one day and I wanted to smell just like her.

To me it has a light powdery scent without smelling too sweet or heavy. The original is the best, however, the reformulated version is still a beautiful fragrance and the dry down smells the same as the original. Capucci is a very underated fragrance and I will never be without a bottle.

I still wear it at least 3 days a week, it never fails to attract compliments. "mmmmmm what is that perfume you are wearing?".. was a response I got only 2 days ago.

In my opinion Capucci smells the way perfume was intended to smell, CLASSY, not a sugar fruit bomb.

Croneangel
Croneangel

Strong... luscious.... how did I miss this one back in the day?! Its my new love. Will write a more comprehensive review later. Can't type properly with my nose in such close proximity to my arm.

alchimia72
alchimia72

It's not bad at all, but it results a bit too soapy for my nose. It's not my cup of tea.

EK
EK

This perfume is Drop Dead Beautiful!

The opening is so nice, round and well-blended.Very elegant and smooth. And it just gets better and better over time.
It doesn't take long before the coconut and patchouli stand out. They mingle extremely well and stay strong during both heart and drydown - at least to my nose. There's nothing tropical or beachy about this scent in spite of the coconut.
It's one of the most elegant perfumes I've ever laid my hands on. Very warm, smooth, seductive, above all classy. The longevity is amazing - after 8 hours I still got whiffs of it when I moved around.

I wore it to work today. No way I am ever going to waste this gem again for something like that!

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Mr Capucci designed some Jackie Kennedy dresses.
The only problem is that my nose is not Jackie body and my nose dislikes this fragrance.... ;O)

krmarich
krmarich

A 20th century Italian masterperfume! It has fallen into obscurity in recent years. Such a shame! Capucci was considered the Italian Givenchy in his day. It is evident in this larger than life bouquet of Roman spring florals that keep playing off of each other for hours. Oakmoss and patcholi are evident yet all in refined elegant taste.

It reminds me of vintage Ysatis with more flowers and less spice. This is like watching, listening and sensing a great Italian Opera in all dimensions. Its just another reminder of the diversity and strength that Italian perfume had. It is discomforting to discover another classic reformulated or discontinued every day I visit this site!

Alas, this classic is long since vanished. For you vintage fans, its worth the hunt to find a bottle.

Thanks for this precious decant, Natalie!

Angel10
Angel10

Is very nice, very rich. You have to like the soapy florals though, which are not my style. I wish I loved it, as Capucci has fantastic silage & longevity! Just too soapy for this gal.

I appreciate the quality. My mom will love this one!

Update: Sprayed it on a magazine on my desk, and when both my hubby & daughter came in to talk to me, they scrunched up their faces and said, "What is that smell? Not a new perfume of YOURS!?" I assured them that I was getting rid of it.

Wow. They have never both said anything like this without being asked of any of my fumes. Has to go.

olga1780

Thank you, Action! My purchase of Capucci was inspired by your review by the way! I noticed, you too like to dig out the priceless gems forgotten by many. I noticed i am getting really irritated with a lot of highly commercial scents worn by every other person(even though I have a lot of them, but at least high quality ones)...maybe because they make you blend with the crowd.

olga1780

Oh, wow...this is so much better than I expected. Very along the lines of Oscar. Love it!
My husband, however, who doesn't give a damn on a regular basis, disapproved it. Said " it's too overwhelming". Very strange because he likes Opium and Boucheron on me. Maybe i sprayed too much ( 6 sprays...huh? No wonder it knocked him over).

3 hours later it smells so gorgeous. 1-2 sprays well in advance prior to mingling with people is more than enough.

imoore
imoore

Hi,

Based on the purple boxed mini perfume I purchased, I have bought the big one like down at Perfume country. But the two are very different in smell!
My advice is to invest into a purple boxed which costs twice as much as this ruffled white boxed something and enjoy!

Just to give you an idea of this fragrance...
Robert Capucci, a very intelligent and artistic Italian designer that is able (is he still alive btw?) to create his fragrances in an unique style. They all communicate class, complexity, non-commercial, intelligence and own identity. SUPERB is this original, in the manner of 'First' and 'Diva'. Other favorites are Ballade a Venise (impossible to get!! :-(), Opera III (of which I think will become a collectors item before we know it). I have been wanting to try YENDI for ages, as well as Filly and Parce Que.
Chat Lunatique is a HUGE fan of the Capucci for men original, still available for a great price I hear.
In conclusion: Capucci should be there on every shelf of all Fragrantica members..

A complex, layered perfume with a classic structure and composition, CAPUCCI opens clean and crisp with a lemony edge. Shortly thereafter, the aldehydes make their presence known and impart a soapiness to the middle floral phase. Finally, the aldehydes begin to dim as chypre elements emerge but without ever becoming too darky and muggy. The cleanness characteristic of the opening persists throughout.

The edt has good longevity and is a perhaps surprisingly coherent fragrance, given the veritable smorgasbord of notes. I did not detect the coconut or the civet, which is probably a good thing, since such notes are best used very sparingly, as subtle condiments, I think.

Although some might find CAPUCCI "old-fashioned," I like it. And so does my cat, for whom even the tiniest trace of civet appears to be a magnet!

Capucci de Capucci by Roberto Capucci 4.34 out of 5 based on 69 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roberto Capucci Capucci de Capucci fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Roberto Capucci Capucci de Capucci, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Capucci de Capucci by Roberto Capucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Capucci de Capucci by Roberto Capucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.