Designers » R S » Chypre Floral « Groups

Filly Roberto Capucci for women

Filly Roberto Capucci for women

Filly fragrance was launched in 1983. It opens with notes of peach, neroli, bergamot, aldehydes and green leaves. In the heart there are: hyacinth, jasmine, carnation, orchid, rose and ylang-ylang. The base consists of amber, civet, oak moss, musk, sandalwood and vetiver.

Neroli Bergamot Aldehydes Green Notes Peach

Carnation Jasmine Hyacinth Ylang-Ylang Rose Orchid

vetyver Musk Sandalwood oak moss Amber Civetta

Filly Fragrance Reviews

Filly is sadly discontinued so yes it was a great one!
Few last pieces were sold at fragrancex where i found.
It was not ebay.
The one bottle i have is different from the picture shown.
It has a red cap and is a slim tall bottle.

Filly used to be a great perfume. The one available on Ebay is a shadow of what Filly used to be. The same applies to all other Capucci perfumes sold on Ebay. They are reformulations not worth the money. Most of them smell the same. You barely differentiate between Yendi, Filly or Capucci de Capucci. Recently I bought an original Parce que (parfum) and Capucci de Capucci (EDT). Those were masterpieces. The current versions are a joke.

Action and Olga thanks for giving me the opportunity to find such a well hidden gem.Your reviews helped me a bunch!!!
Mua Mua !!!

Repeat after me.... spicey roses, spicey roses, deep, dark red spicey roses. The old fashioned kind that bloom in clusters. What an opening! This is a wonderfully feminine fragrance. The aldehydes add just the right sparkle. The florals are beautiful! Becomes very refined once it starts to dry down. At one point on my skin the civet tries to start an argument with either the carnation or ylang, but it ends quickly. (Thank goodness!) This is a lovely fragrance!
If you're trying this for the first time, apply lightly. It would be a shame if you got scared off because of heavy handedness. Adjust to your personal taste as you go along.
More folks should try Filly. And that opening makes it a "must try" for rose lovers!
Edit note: Put some on yesterday evening and even though its very close to the skin its been 15 hours.... I'm still catching little hints of the scent wafting upward. So longevity is very good!

When people think of 80s perfumes the first word that usually comes to mind is "powerhouse." I think after the releases of Giorgio Beverly Hills and Dior Poison that may have become the standard. However, there was a period in the late 70s/early 80s when the super-feminine, uber-romantic, I'm-swooning-in-my-floral-frock frags were quite the rage. I'm thinking along the lines of Yardley Lace, Oscar Oscar de la Renta, Le Jardin, Jontue, Anais Anais. Capucci Filly fits this class of fragrances as well.
The frags that I mentioned above were all very popular among the teen set (maybe not Oscar, that was a little pricey) and at the time I thought those frags were made for young girls while Moms spritzed on Opium, Cinnabar, and Norell.
Now that I revisit these "bodice-ripper-bouquets" as an adult I find there is nothing juvenile about the above-mentioned scents; they are well-crafted, well-thought out and have enough subtlety and complexity to make them more than just a teen-frag. True, there is a light airy quality that make them suitable as first perfumes for a 'tween but they are lovely in their own right for women too. I wore Le Jardin a few weeks ago and enjoyed the hell out of it - "romance is back in style, but I never left" says the beautiful Jane Seymour.
I'm wearing Filly right now and it is just lovely. It's very soft, with a touch of sweet florals (but not too much), the aldehydes add lightness, and there is just a hint of the animalic civet underneath (who'da thunk?)and OAKMOSS! to give this a sexy little ooomph. Just when I got to believing that the spring/summer frags were just watered down compositions of nothing in particular I found the mother lode of springtime vavavoom!

Very nice stuff, classy and elegant aldehyde floral. Extremely smooth composition...a little bit of sweetnes and a metallic note. Great sillage and longevity, especially considering it's EDT, just like the original Capucci. Too bad it's impossible to find a large bottle for a reasonable price.
Love it!

Masterpiece in the manner of Fendi and Diva, but of course with it's own identity!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roberto Capucci Filly fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Roberto Capucci Filly, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Filly by Roberto Capucci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Filly by Roberto Capucci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.