Designers » R S » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli for women

Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli for women
dislike

Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli for women Pictures Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli for women Pictures Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli for women Pictures

This is the first fragrance from the designer Robero Cavalli-a true reflection of his provocative style. For his clothing collections,Roberto Cavalli uses animalic materials, which are very sexy and sensual, that’s why the snake is the symbol of Roberto Cavalli’s lable.The perfume is classified as modern oriental; top notes include tangerine, red apple, bergamot with a touch of magnolia. The heart is made of may rose, freesia, wild orchid and Diastella. The base is woody composed of precious woods with musky undertones; Indian sandalwood, cedarwood, patchouli, amber and musks. Roberto Cavalli was created in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel.

Magnolia Mandarin Orange Bergamot Red Apple

Rosemary Honeysuckle Wild Orchid Freesia

Amber Patchouli Musk Sandalwood Cedar

Roberto Cavalli Oro

Roberto Cavalli Fragrance Reviews

AngelEuphoria
AngelEuphoria

Just received this among 20 fragrance samples I plan to test and review. So far I love this and I'm sorry I didn't purchase this much sooner. This appears to be one of the very few fragrances we can enjoy year round, except for extremely hot/humid weather. However, this would wear well for cooler summer evenings.

UPDATE: After further testing this, I would wear for very cool summer evenings, fall/winter/spring - days/evenings. I would use for Church, special occasions, date night and weekends. I don't think it would wear well in a conservative business environment...This reminds me a bit of my classic favorite, Samara (Guerlain).

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I ended up trying this one by accident. I had read the reviews for "Roberto Cavalli EDP", the one in the rounded broze coloured bottle, thought it sounded potentially interesting and so ordered it online at a good price. Instead, this one came, leaving me with that all too familiar question of WHY do so many perfume brands release different perfumes with the same/almost the same name? It makes no sense to me!

Anyway, that was a couple of years ago and although I had tried to arrange a refund or exchange the website I bought it from was playing silly beggers and wanted me to jump through so many hoops - and pay some many extra shipping fees etc that in the end I cut my losses, shoved this to the back of the wardrobe and forgot about it.
I just came across it again the other day and figured I should try it before I sold/swapped it away.

Verdict is: Not for me. Opens quite strong with a fizzy kinda smell along with apple, some unidentifiable flowers, and something that brought to mind raspberry or strawberry. It was quite sweet, yet also more zingy-spicy-fizzy than I'd anticipated, something very loosely and distantly related to the sherbet spicy fizz of the aldehydes-rose-incense/olibanum-spice accords seen in some niche scent, albeit much quieter and with less flair. I wonder if it might be the cedar creating this note, as sometimes I find it can be a spicy tickly note.
This isn't quite non-descript in the generic just another sweet women's perfume, but to me it is not interesting enough to grab me. The interesting fizzy top fades fast as does the sillage and within a few minutes this does become quite a generic scent on my skin.
Lasts a long time but quietly. Probably a good choice if you like this kind of thing but its not for me.

shell_bell
shell_bell

When I first spritzed this lovely I was instantly and strongly reminded of the classic Hanae Mori. In fact, this fragrance reminds me so MUCH of HM that I'm surprised I'm the only one to note it. The notes between the 2 are very similar!

It's subtle, delicate and delicious with the amber and sandalwood giving off an almost vanilla vibe. The cedar keeps it crisp. I would consider this a lighter version of the HM perfume. I just might invest in a larger bottle of this little gem.

Snicole82
Snicole82

So I tested my sample of this last night on my skin and it smelled so lovely. So I felt it was safe to wear to work today.

UMMMMM, I think NOT.

I dabbed it on my sleeves and collar of my shirt - not my skin this time and I smell like a beer. Literaly, like I've been up all night in a bar. No bueno.

fawnydawny
fawnydawny

this one is gorgeous. spice mixed with everything nice. it's like nothing i've ever smelt before. i'm quite sad my bottle ran out.

Shoshi
Shoshi

Quite a spicy musk scent with some faint florals (magnolia). Smells a little like Oro by Cavalli. It's unique, spicy, but wearable and melds into your chemistry.

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

Creamy And patchouli. Not my style :(

LookOut
LookOut

I won this fragrance during a game, so I might as well review it :) I found it hard to identify the notes, but then again it's a floral fragrance without jasmine and rose (which I can identify pretty easily), so that was to be expected.

In the opening this scent is a flower bomb! It's still weird to assign a colour to a scent, but I find this smells red. So red flowers basically. I think it's the orchid, but it might as well be the magnolia. I also notice a fruity touch, but once again my nose can't identify them. At first I thought it was strawberry, but that's most likely due to the red colour that I assigned to the scent, so my nose is playing tricks on me ...

During the drydown the fragrance becomes warmer thanks to the amber. After a very long time the sandalwood joins in as well, supporting the warmth given by the amber.

The perfume is quite overwhelming when freshly sprayed, but as time passes it becomes more subtle and closer to the skin. And also quite powdery, in a good way. It's a deliciously soft scent for ladies. Due to the fruity opening and warm base, this fragrance can be worn all year long in my opinion. I can easily see this as someone's signature scent!

lirael00
lirael00

This one is great. The mix of amber, sandalwood and patchouli gives this perfume warmth and comfort. Whenever I wear it it warms me up from head to toe. It's typical Cavalli because it has that special spiciness that you can find it in other Cavalli fragrances too. For me it's more winter fragrance (because of the warmth that I get from it). Lasting power is long too and you can wear this either during the day or night.

katushka37
katushka37

I remember liking this perfume when it first came out but didn't end up getting it then. Fast forward good 10+ years and I found this forgotten scent again. I am glad I got it now because I will appreciate it more.

At the beginning in true Roberto Cavalli fashion this scent is loud and powerful. I get lots of sweet florals, lots of red apple and a touch of citrus. As it settles a bit of amber comes through along with honeysuckle ( I don't know why amber is listed as a base because in my case it made an early appearance).

Then it transforms into beautiful sheer pink floral with just a hint of sweetness. Gosh that phase was truly beautiful, I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists.

At the end it settled into sweet cedar and sandalwood and I swear I could smell some raw vanilla bean there. Overall a good first Roberto Cavalli fragrant creation and IMO the best to this day.

pattyk
pattyk

I'm almost done with my first bottle of this beauty. I bought another one because I never want to run out of it. I also have ORO and I love that one too because it was supposed to smell similiar to Organza Indecence. I mix the two sometimes (Oro and this one) and the smell is awesome. I get compliments on this one every time. I cannot explain the smell just that I want to smell it and use it all the time. It is not offensive, not over bearing, not loud or dramatic. It's just a perfect fragrance for any time, day or night, even before you go to bed. If I spray it on my clothes, I can smell it the next day. I love it and will always have it near by. BTW, I have hundreds of perfumes and this ranks near the top. I would call it a soft exotic perfume.

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

I was fragrance shopping on my lunch break back in 2003. I was just browsing, trying to see if anything caught my nose. :-) I tried the ones that were heavily marketed and none really moved me. Then I came accross this.

This is my absolute FAVORITE fragrance of all time. I can't even break down notes or explain what makes it so great because my reaction is totally visceral.

It's sexy, feminine and strikingly beautiful.

The only fragrance that has ever come close to my total infatuation with this one is Stila's Creme Bouquet. Creme Bouquet was an absolute masterpiece but didn't smell as seductive as Cavalli.

(Running away from computer to go sniff bottle of Cavalli.)

lily13ana

very beautiful smell but the lasting power 4-5 hours maximum. Oro is far better with longevity.

lily13ana

Who created this perfume? It is gorgeous!

Yola
Yola

Hello everyone, i'm no expert in describing which flowers or other tones i smell but i love this one!!

A blind buy, based on price and reviews and tones here!

At first spray i thought oh no, not my taste at all. I sprayed it on the back of my hand as i was allready wearing Rosamor (also very nice) and i can't stop sniffing now.

Very soft, feminine and special scent, not too sweet, a bit powdery but still fresh enough. I'm so happy!!

Jola 72
Jola 72

I agree with all these reviews,this scent is very special one in a special designed bottle.Beautiful,fresh musky floral .Herb note shares that natural balmy aura blend with fruity sweetness ,I can detect some strawberry or wild halon in it It is all about sheer musky fruitiness Very good lasting power and silage It is not very lite,but suitable for summer I like Oro much better Pink vegan woody scent Interesting and unique

Osusanna
Osusanna

This manages to be a woody fragrance without adding too much sweetness yet is still very feminine and sparkly. There is a cuddly element to this perfume because it has a warm feel to it, yet is not overly so. I think it's definitely a fall/winter inside type scent. Sillage is great and radiates with the sparkle element, thanks to the patchouli. There is a prominent spiciness that works well with that patchouli. Probably a great going out fragrance, but not for the office. It's just too loud and too feminine.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

When I first put it on ,I thought "oh,no!" because all I could detect was sandalwood,amber and freesia which combined smelled very much like cinnamon and I am not a fan of overly spicy perfumes. However,it does develop into a really nice scent. I do get the bergamot in the beginning but not for long, and then the magnolia and honeysuckle give a balmy quality that is very subtle.I don't get rosemary which for me is a blessing,nor do I get the mandarin or orchid. You are left with very soft florals,gentle musk and warm woody notes. Quite pleasant,but a shame that some of the notes are virtually undetectable. I would recommend for day or evening,winter or fall,moderate sillage and longevity.
I have to say I much prefer Serpentine,as it is a lot more intense than Cavalli for Women.

maryum.malik
maryum.malik

beautiful scent in a beautiful bottle at a cheap price! it's floral but a tiny bit spicy and edgy. not a sweet one at all. smells kind of mature and sophisticated. lasts pretty long too, about 5-6 hours on me.

Sammie7
Sammie7

Beautiful fragrance that I just happened across! I loved the bottle, so unique! Everyone loves this perfume when I wear it!

Roses and Spices
Roses and Spices

Floral and sweet and I have finished the bottle! It was a good everyday perfume. It didn't
announce you as you walked in the room yet it alway made me smile when I put it on because it was just that little bit different. The bottle cap was of a snake and it was made of plastic but I used to love it. It had quite a few notes in it and although mainly floral with freesia, orchid and bergamot it had an oriental twist. Ah happy memories.

nichka
nichka

Am I the only one who detects a huge resemblance with YSL Elle?

vicka16
vicka16

On my skin it is a very spicy oriental scent. Not excactly what I was expecting from the notes listed here...

This is a very unique and sensual perfume. It is strong too with a long longevity! It is very special, so if you use this perfume pe prepared to ventilate that you are quite special too!

Nemosh
Nemosh

Like this one you can wear it the whole year round day and night.
There is some resemblance with the Oro but they are quite different perfumes. This one is less bold , but subtle. If your not a fan off bold perfumes you'll like this one.
It is quite nice and last a long time on my skin about 5 till 8 hours.
I don't know if it is still in production but you can find them quit cheap on the internet stores.

artsyrn
artsyrn

I love the Rosemary in this,but I find this a very light fragrance that for me stays close to the skin. I prefer my fragrances to project a bit more. Too bad it's not amped up a little more, because the composition is really pretty.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

What a beauty!

I have a vegan (non animal musk) imitation of this perfume. That musk photo is so sad up there.

This is very green. I feel it is more of the cyphre variety. I love it! It is grassy smelling,fresh green green grass. I think this is from the patchouli and the rosemary combining in harmony. I feel like I can smell that smell of freshly mowed lawn grass. It is very unique,this little gem.

I do smell tinges of sweet,yet spicy apples,(soft spice)and slight floral notes.

I am blending this today with a nutty,smoky vanilla oil that I have,and they blend beautifully.

jrova
jrova

Wore this 5-6 years ago in my teens and still LOVE IT! †his has so many positive memories for me.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Very sweet, a bt herbal and bit boozy :-) Similar to Oro but a bit toned down. I still find it quite strong although it doesn't project much (stays rather close to the skin). Really wanted to like it but this is one of those blind buys that didn't work out for me. Not sure what exactly bothers me about it, maybe the rosemary? It is actually hard for me to distinguish the notes here. They all kind of blend into one sweet/spicy and very distinctive smell. It is not something you've smelled before for sure (perhaps with the exception of Oro).

Thank you very much for your detailled review Mizz!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

@Action: no they don t have something in common actually. they smell all different. but i m wearing actually a combination of versace woman and this one, Cavalli woman... and it smells good ;D

well, i'm gonna review this one...
i like this perfume very mutch for spring and summer, while versace woman is very likeable too, but way tooo sickening sweet and powdery, this one isn't powdery at all, so the mix is a quite good one.

Cavalli woman is fruity-flowery, fresh, crisp, bittersweet, soft and tender and it's juicy, not sickening or sticky.

it starts with a burst of freshness and juicyiness very promising, the heart evokes with a really nice freesia and a very pink orchid, sooo sweet but natural smell (bittersweet) with honeynotes and the rosemary (at least i guess it is this one) gives it a quite unusual an intriguing untertone which one puzzles me everytime when i wear it. drydown is soft woody-earthy but the heady flower mix and the juicyness of the top are shining through from top to bottom. the amber and patchouli is not really detectable for my nose in this.

staying power is very good, sillage fantastic.

For ladies knowing this one, is it in the same line as Versace Women and Lapidus Women? They really resemble in concept and perfume category so it seems..

dioradddict

i used half of my 75mls bottle on winter 2008... then came summer and i looked for new scents...and my mom now uses it on winter days... i just forget about this...but every time my mom uses it, she passes by me and i feel delighted...

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

The sweetness is offset a bit by the rosemary, which is very faint to me. But the dry down is very sweet, although not cloyingly sweet. I'd say it's about as sweet as a fragrance could get without becoming sickening. It's a nice scent, but not one I could wear everyday. Stays fairly close to the skin, only light sillage so it would be ok for the office. It's ok but I am still looking for my perfect summer scent.

c3c
c3c

This reminds me of those ufo shaped round two toned candies you used to be able to buy on a stick like a tootsie pop, "Smarties double lollies suckers", do you remember those? That's what I think of when I put this on. Dry down is a bit different but basically the same, just softer, two toned candy from the past.
I enjoy the trip down memory lane and it makes me crave one of those darn suckers, I'm just not sure I want to wear it. Especially since it makes me want to eat sugar. Sigh.
BTW the bottle sort of matches that ufo candy image too doesn't it?

liwe
liwe

For me its smells like a nice chokolate, i was so desapointed when I found that there is't nothing like choko... I love this fragrant,is so sweat but in the best way, pleasant for wearing,elegant.

Manuella
Manuella

Very soft smell.
Scent doesn't last long,feel like I need to re apply after a few hours.

dioradddict

yes, i agree it´s not very long lasting, 4 or 5 hours on me...so i spritz it on my clothes :)

xexe
xexe

This one is my very good friend favorite. Very plesant, sweet and ...innocent. Don't stay long, but still its good to wear in public - light and not giving headache.

dioradddict

this is the perfect one, the one i´ve looking for for years and then i found!! floral, elegant, for refined woman.not for teenagers. magnolia patchouli and honeysuckle, fresher than oro but still full of style...i´m in love with it...

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Exotic! It smells like a fruitier, lighter and summeresque version of Oro. This is definitely a different kind of fruity floral. I thought that the light pink color of the bottle would determine it as a generic fragrance, but it isn't. Very unique, nice. But I wouldn't wear it myself, Oro is more my tastes since it is heavier. I can smell the magnolia the most and then some honeysuckle with some patchouli on the dry down. I would recommend giving it a try if you want a new perfume for the summer that will make you stand out from everyone else :)

Beauty Encounter
Sample
Roberto Cavalli Perfume by Roberto Cavalli for Women
Roberto Cavalli Perfume by Roberto Cavalli for Women
Roberto Cavalli Mini by Roberto Cavalli, .17 oz Mini EDP for Women
Roberto Cavalli Mini by Roberto Cavalli, .17 oz Mini EDP for Women
Eau De Toilette 2oz
Just Cavalli Cologne by Roberto Cavalli, 2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Just Cavalli Cologne by Roberto Cavalli, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Just Cavalli Cologne by Roberto Cavalli, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Just Cavalli New by Roberto Cavalli EDT Spray 1 oz for Men
Just Cavalli New by Roberto Cavalli EDT Spray 1 oz for Men
Just Cavalli by Roberto Cavalli EDT Spray 2 oz Tester for Men
Just Cavalli by Roberto Cavalli EDT Spray 2 oz Tester for Men
Just Cavalli New Cologne by Roberto Cavalli, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Just Cavalli Cologne by Roberto Cavalli, 2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Just Cavalli New Cologne by Roberto Cavalli, 3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging 30ml 1oz
Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging 30ml 1oz
Gift Set 7oz
Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli for women Gift Set III. Eau De Parfum 1,7 oz Body Milk 2,5 oz
Just Cavalli New by Roberto Cavalli EDT Spray 3 oz Tester for Men
Just Cavalli New by Roberto Cavalli EDT Spray 3 oz Tester for Men
Roberto Cavalli New Perfume by Roberto Cavalli, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Roberto Cavalli New Perfume by Roberto Cavalli, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Eau De Parfum 3oz
Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Gold Eau De Parfum for men 3 oz
Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Gold Eau De Parfum for men 3 oz
Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging 50ml 1.7oz
Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 2.5oz
Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli New Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz Eau De Parfum Spray 5ml 0.17oz Body Lotion 75ml 3.5oz Shower Gel 75ml 2.5oz 4pcs
Gift Set 1.7oz
Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli New Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz Gold Box 2pcs
Gift Set 1.7oz
Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli New Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging 90ml 3oz
Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging 90ml 3oz
Gift Set 2.5oz
Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli New Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz Gold Box 2pcs
Gift Set 2.5oz
Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli New Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
Gift Set 2.5oz
Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli New Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz Shower Gel 75ml 2.5oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Roberto Cavalli Roberto Cavalli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Roberto Cavalli by Roberto Cavalli. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Roberto Cavalli by Roberto Cavalli represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.