Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Serpentine Roberto Cavalli for women
dislike

I have it: 515 I had it: 273 I want it: 328 My signature: 10

Serpentine Roberto Cavalli for women Videos
Serpentine Roberto Cavalli for women Pictures Serpentine Roberto Cavalli for women Pictures Serpentine Roberto Cavalli for women Pictures

Serpent, the signature symbol of Roberto Cavalli, is feminine, sensual and dangerously charming. The composition is built around mango blossom known in Hindu legends as the food of Gods. According to a Brazilian legend, snakes eat mango blossom. This floral-oriental composition opens with sweet mandarin notes and mango blossom. The heart introduces exotic Tiare flower and rich scent of Frangipani blossom, refined by violets and black pepper. The oriental base is built on harmony of Tolu balsam, sandalwood and amber. The fragrance was created by Jacques Cavallier of Firmenich in 2005.

Artemisia Mandarin Orange Tahitian Gardenia Mango Blossom

Violet Leaf Tiare Flower Pepper Frangipani

Tolu Balsam Sandalwood Amber

Boadicea Glorious
Azzaro Duo Women

Serpentine Fragrance Reviews

ImissQuant
ImissQuant

I like the bottle design. Starts as a warm scent. Tropical fruit smell of ripe mangoes in heavy syrup or mango nectar made a prominent entrance and briefly it was ok but next came this strong pungent fresh rain scent ( Like Burberry, Light Blue, Clinique Happy…Coco) that was trying to overpower the mango. This is the fresh rain in many antibacterial hand soaps, teen spirit , hair spray, bathroom freshener, men’s shaving creams and aftershave sold in drugstores under sports, athletic themes. I thought that back in the early 2000, the mass market got flooded with rain/aqua/water/breeze musky scented anything. It was the fragrance uniform at that time like Viva La Juicy and its variants are today. Rain notes win in the end ; dry down is fresh rain scent that is cloying and hard to wash off. Hints of musk are noticeable but well integrated in the rain scent enhancing the overall impression of men’s aftershave. Sillage and longevity is moderate. No flowers or citrus evident. Overall this blind buy did not work well on me. The dry down reminds me of Jovan Musk oil, English Leather I use to apply from testers.

Fragrances from this genre usually come up to compliment menswear fashion trends. Tailored suits, pleated trousers, tweed vest, striped shirts, loafers and oxfords. There is a strong unisex vibe in the style. To the right person Serpentine is elegant and very high fashion.

icecube
icecube

Blondine28 - Cavalli is not a french brand - It is an Italian designhouse started by Roberto Cavalli.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is a very sweet fragrance, and quite heavy; the orange, mango blossoms and white florals (gardenia, tiare, frangipani) combine to give a tropical or vacation-y flair without coconut (I say no coconut because so often these notes come with coconut for a beachy flair). I wish it had a tad more sandalwood to ground it and smooth it out, as the florals are giving me a bit of a headache. It is quite comparable to YSL Cinema, although Cinema was more formal and had more amber and more of a zesty citrus presence. I also see the similarities with Oro, although where Oro had that unusual fleshiness of coriander with a fairly heavy pepper note, Serpentine only has the floral-amber notes. If the spicy notes of Oro didn't agree with you, you might enjoy Serpentine, although Serpentine is a lighter, less sophisticated scent.

Marie C Sim
Marie C Sim

This was a blind buy according to reviews and possibly liking it from the others I possess that I love.
It smells nice. I did the pulse point test tonight. Very very discrete on me. Smells almost masculine ... soapy... I will do the real test soon say what the comments are

auroramaria
auroramaria

In Serpentine I especially like the mango which is sweet and fresh at the same time together with tiare and frangipani make Serpentine rather tropical smelling.
It's quite a heady scent so more suitable for cold weather longevity is very good while sillage is moderate
I've had compliments weraing this people around me seem to love it

Kahikatea
Kahikatea

Without looking at notes or reviews or anything, the first thing I thought of (after the perfume cooled off a bit) was bananas. I could smell the sweet fruitiness of bananas. Maybe bananas in an alcoholic marinade. Not very subtle or "womanly", but a happy and warm scent, I suppose. It doesn't last terribly well on my skin, but it is pleasant enough, if you like bananas. I guess it is the combination of mango + tropical flowers. I was hoping for something a bit more edgy, but I can't write it off as commonplace or dull. I don't think I want to go to work smelling like dessert, but I would consider it if I was going out to have silly and unromantic fun with friends.

Tiger84
Tiger84

I blind bought a big tester bottle because it was very cheap, had fairly good reviews, the bottle is beautiful with the snake, and I had been lucky with animal scents such as the Elephant, Panthere or Dragon (Baiser) before.

I expected a creamy tropical mango-tiare scent. What I got was a terribly sickly sweet cloying cloud. My nose can identify nothing but the generic sweetness. This was one spritz upon receiving it. This was the only time in my life I got the urge to scrub, but I resisted and the next morning applied it more liberally, hoping that something actually meaningful, perhaps even enjoyable, would unfold from this. With more sprays the mango at least appears, but very weakly.

This fragrance seems to work on two different levels: there is the big sickly sweet sillage with nothing identifiable in it, present since the second of spraying, so for me the alcoholic boozy quality is the more enjoyable part of the opening. No creamy flowers, no mango, nothing balsamic, not a trace of any pepper, just overwhelming fruity sweetness.

When pushing my nose closer to my skin, there appears the hidden level, and I feel a beautiful aroma, but the sweetness is so strong that this subtle and pleasant part is almost undetectable. The drydown would be nice if it lasted.

Overall I would give the opening away and keep the drydown. However this could be very nice layered with Ambre Sultan or Shalimar (these two just came to my mind as suitable without any specific reason), I'll have to try to see whether those can cancel out the unbearable sweetness. But I don't want to ruin any of these.

After it's gone from my skin, my hair captures a trace of the wonderful mango, I wish the whole lifecycle of the perfume was like this part.

Update: Layering is the way to make this work. It layers well with a coconut or some of the Cubas I blind bought for very cheap only to find out I hate them (I love Gold but Green is nausea in a bottle for me, and Red is not much better, but layered together with this they are doable).

Magdalena23
Magdalena23

Definitely not one of my favourites.Just an "ok" floriental,rather strong ,heady,with a decent staying power,but unfortunately ,on my skin,my beloved and sought after tiare and frangipani notes are strangled,oppressed and muted by the rather masculine artemisia and violet leaf notes.The opening is way better than the middle and base,which ,on me,is totally dominated by amber. Beautiful bottle,but that is not enough. I'm afraid it's a no for me. I am sorry...

Cochlea
Cochlea

Serpentine is classy and sexy at the same time! I like it, there is a tropical feel to it. It is warm yet floral. From the opening, I smell the bright citrus, white flower, the green from the violet leaf. I enjoy the pepper in this, then I smell something sweet from the mango blossom and then I smelt the wood- sandalwood and/or the tolu balsam (I am not able to tell which) as well as the amber note. The longevity is good, but I think that the sillage is very soft.

Blondine28
Blondine28

A typical French scent. Very luxury and very Cavalier style :) Really heavy and yet, somehow really luxury fragrance

;-)
;-)

Finally a floral sent I can stand to use on myself. Just balanced and with a base that makes it interesting and mature. For moments I want to feel feminine. A new summer signature perhaps?!

caylarhene
caylarhene

This might be my signature scent. Out of jimmy choo, all the rihanna perfumes, the leather Alien, halle berry,... and believe me those are all very good perfumes. I get more compliments on this perfume more than any other.I dont like to smell like other people. and this perfume gives me my own smell. This perfume is perfect for everyday of the year. winter to fall. its a gorgeous original scent. this adult fruity, floral smell, like Gold Silk. when i wear this i have women walk up to me saying i smell so good!! im glad i bought it when i did.

Update. This isn't my signature scent but its a lovely smell for all ages. It really takes you to a nice place.

donimili
donimili

Out of all perfumes that i have, Serpentine is one of them that last longest, along with Miss Dior, Alien liqueur, Elixir de merveilles. Also, to me, this is the sexiest that i have, or, at least, that is how i feel wearing it (blush :))
I was reading yours reviews, i see that some of you find Serpentine and Cinema similar, i loveeeee them both. Both of them are just mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Something special. Is it truth that they are BOTH discontinued? :(

Glamdoll
Glamdoll

Purchased this recently! Not totally happy with it, gives a very strong plain alcoholic smell at first spray. Could not figure out the top note. After it settled, there was not much sillage- it was just very powdery & peppery. A bit of flory too. The smells not bad but I was expecting more. At least should have been long lasting!!

Mz_Aisha
Mz_Aisha

Oh my, where should I start. I finally received this perfume. I don't know what note it is that instantaniously smells like cat pee when mixed with my body chem. Could it be balsam?! At first spray I got the same effect as Donna Karan Gold. On me its a stale & what some might refer to as a old lady smell.

I was peeved & yet miffed bc it smelled devine on the nozzle.

I closed my eyes and gave it another chance, another, spray....

That gave me a plethra of warm woodsy notes that I couldn't really capture one note.

I am now currently in a tropical trance. MANGO!!! Wow. this is pretty amazing. I can only hope that this is the end result will remain prominant. If so this is the beginning of a long beautiful relationship.

abeer.abdulaziz
abeer.abdulaziz

I can't stop loving it♡♡

pars2002
pars2002

a Very beautiful scent that I did not expect too much from that... Really worth to try for almost 30$. Highly durable with surprising projection. Not for chicks, it has been designed for mature ladies.

lizziekayy
lizziekayy

Poo, not for me! More like turpentine than serpentine.I am glad I only got a sample of this. It is like dead daffodils and lemon washing up liquid. Even the dry down is plasticky on me. The vagaries of body chemistry...

lirael00
lirael00

I use this one if I want to spice up my life go to a club order a drink and dance till dawn and of course wear this fragrance. I feel really vibrant when I'm wearing this one. And it makes me want to do crazy, forbbiden things. The lasting power is moderate, you have to spray it every few hours. It's quite peppery and mandarine spicy for me, but I like it.

Vignesh_Dhakshina
Vignesh_Dhakshina

Amazing!!
Me being a guy love this perfume. One of my friend got this perfume from Milan used it just for sometime she wasn't a big fan so I started to use it. Its a night perfume it intensify as hours passes. FYI it doesn't smell like women's perfume. I love it.

bubbagump
bubbagump

I don't like this one, there is nothing special about it. Smells very flat.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

Elegant and uplifting balsamic floral. Feminine and fresh.

In the opening I get the citrus and pepper with a touch of green, which settles quickly into a warm inviting floral bouquet over a base of golden warm spicy amber and sandalwood.

I've been looking for an oriental floral that doesn't overpower and this is a very strong contender. My only wish is that the longevity was better on me because overall I love the notes (I'm a chronic under-sprayer though!).

Thanks to the kind Lavallectra who sent me the sample of this.

pinkchevalier
pinkchevalier

I don't get pepper from this one - a lot of flowers (sweet sticky) and amber. I've realized that I dislike this type of concotion, it smells too smothering for me. However that being said, it was pleasant enough with good sillage but whenever I smelled it it made me slightly nauseous. I don't remember the drydown, I feel it's rather unspectacular. For a safe, ambery scent I suppose it is OK but generally not memorable.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I smell a blast of aquatic, old fashioned, perfumey scent. The only saving grace are the citrus Jadore like citrus notes.

layla7658
layla7658

Perfect! Intense but not heavy!

dioradddict

finally I have mine! just waiting, when it arrives I come back to tell u my impressions!

OMG... i ll have to wait again to find it... my purchase was cancealed :(

Juliana6
Juliana6

Just a hint, just a glance, an invitation to become closer that can't be misunderstood. Elegant and subtly sensually sexy perfume.
No screaming for attention, but just being there and hypnotizing. Warm, powdery, bittersweet, very chic and feminine.
It reflects the luxury of Art Deco style ( as the serpents are a very popular ornament of this style).
It somehow reminds me Estee Lauder Sensuous nude, this is just much more deeper and warmer.
The scent stays close to the skin ( well, the snakes don't fly, right?). First I got that poetical image of silky snake... You can imagine what I'm talking about.
Sunlight is streaming through the leaves, warming up the branches and The Golden Snake- the symbol of temptation and sin- is lying there between the flowers. Silently whispering... waiting.... wanting...
She has a lot of time, she won't go and conquer the man she desires. He will come hypnotized and drawn closer to her by this wonderful scent without any possibility to escape ( which he doesn't really want) .
Thank you, Fragrantica members, who helped me when I was thinking about purchasing it. I am really happy with it.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

At first I didn't like it much, it was very peppery and herbal. However when the pepper wears off the base notes are very pleasant and feminine. Probably great to wear in the cooler months.
I've been wearing this for the last few days and it's really growing on me. Also the longevity is quite good, it lasts at least 6-8 hours on me.

MARYNIP
MARYNIP

I bought a 100ml bottle yesterday.Nothing special about serpentine.It smells as mandarine to me and nothing more.Just a waist of monry and not long lasting at all.DKNY is my bestttt.Actually the best parfume I've ever bought and of course TOM FORD BLACK ORCHID.

This is interesting. A person looking at the notes would think this was a really heavy, white floral bomb.
Serpentine has a super fruity opening. I know the notes list mango blossom, but to me it smells almost like raspberry. I can also detect the tolu balsam grounding everything and something herbal-ish which I'm guessing is the artemisia.
Middle stage is more tiare than gardenia to me. Serpentine begins to get a bit more complex and it's simultaneously airy and warm.
Drydown is quite rich in amber, but still that breezy quality remains. My overall impression of this fragrance is that it smells like a tropical vacation and it's in line with the Cavalli aesthetic. Fans of Cavalli's newer fragrances need not be put off by the more mature packaging of Serpentine nor the possibly unfamiliar notes.

babskrimpen
babskrimpen

To me this scnet smells like a cross between Roberto Cavalli EdP and LouLou by Cacharel. I think the tiare flower causes this, but it's mostly the opening that does remind me of LouLou though. Where Loulou is quite a bit too strong for the office/during public transport and RC EdP is too sexy to wear except when around a / your man to seduce him, Serpentine nicely balances in between, without the massive, in your face sillage of Loulou, or the clearly very sexual tones of RC EdP.

SS79

This was a blind buy gone wrong. Based on the notes and ple's reviews.. I really thought I would like it... BUT I got it and sprayed it on my skin.. and YUCK!!! I just got some old lady smelling scent... more floral no fruity at all.. really disappointing... was really looking forward to this.. oh well.. made my mil happy!!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Very fruity in the opening, then dries down to a white floral mix but it's hard to pick out the individual notes. The amber keeps it warm. It's nice, but it's a bit muddled -- the notes run together and it's somewhat overrun by sweet fruit in the opening and sweet amber in the dry down, overwhelming the flowers.

SS79

Based on notes & reviews and some help from some of my fellow fragranticans.. I just bought a100ml bottle of this for only $24 cdn including shipping and tax.. hopefully I will love it as much as others on here!!! I will post my review as soon as it arrives! :-)

freddinos
freddinos

I am a huge fan of oriental floral and Italian perfumes, so Cavalli's Serpentine sounded like something I would really like! And I do, apart from something in the middle notes. Maybe it's the tolu balsam, even though I am not familiar with this particular smell, that gives a certain 'dirtyness' to the perfume. It kinda makes it smell like J'Adore on me, which is not a good match with my chemistry at all. The top and base notes are heavenly, spicy and warm floral with the right italian touch. If only I could get past that middle part...

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

Where I live this is a pretty unknown scent so I was glad I was finally able to find a tester. Serpentine smells really exotic, sensual and sexy. I smell creamy gardenia with a hint of spices. The dry down smells like pure amber. I was surprised to see there's no vanilla in here, I swear I could smell some. This scent will turn heads, especially from men! I think this could be a great partner during a date but also for a night out with your friends. It's already one of my favorites and I'm going to purchase the biggest bottle I can find.

Fonna
Fonna

It comes out as a sweet boozy, scent, like gin in the first few seconds ... gets flowery, green, dry peppery and spicy, then mmmmmm....goes to mimosa, becomes even sweeter in the dry down like a cola scent with that peppery bite.... mmmm like a serpent.

If this has any fruity scent, I am not detecting it, which is good for me. It's a true perfume.

It's unique, and I like that.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

The opening is quite heavy on the white florals, cool, aloof, yet loud, strong, and almost soapy. Heart notes bring a powdery feel that's reminiscent of a diaper bag (before the poopy diaper, thankfully!!), but then it sweetens up a bit and adds a slight hint of pepper. Handcuffs and lace. Intensely feminine, but not warm, or soft, or weak. Regal, aloof, statuesque, classy, sexy. I can see why this scent is titled as it is. It isn't love for me, but silage is good and it's a high quality scent for a good price. I would wear this to formal affairs.

alumiini
alumiini

This is so great scent. This is for confident grown-up woman.

Sexy, wonderfully floral and soft but still strong. But strongvin a best way. Love at first spray.

One of my all-time fav perfumes. It's a classic perfume with a little twist. My oh my, this is a beautiful perfume and it's my luck that it's not common here in Finland. I can feel even more unique when i'm wearing this. Men also use to love this.

joliecat
joliecat

Serpentine is beautiful, sweet floral, moist, very feminine, and only slightly peppery. Lasts aboout 4 to 5 hours, and silage fades after the first hour, then Serpentine becomes a skin scent. Need to search for the body cream, as it may help this fragrance last longer.
Great as an every day fragrance, any time of the year.

the scent of life
the scent of life

This one it was my first" grown-up" fragrance received by my daddy for my biryhday. Everything started from there.. From then on i started to love perfumes and get interested to research about the fragrance world
It is such feminine scent. Sensual but also in a way fresh. Very good for a very young woman too. It is slightly sweet, but not in a powdery way. And the sandalwood is balanced amazingly.

EdP-version.A scent for a grown-up woman. Wonderful deep, dry and unsweet flowers with a great splash of Amber, Sandalwood and Tolu Balsam in base. On my skin it opens up with white flowers and an airy light, peppernote around it. Very elegant, sophisticated and Chic. Not a modern sweet/syrup drenched perfum, so I think this one suits the woman better than a teenager. Its not a loud scent but yet intensive around you. Serpentine does not punch any noses but it will encircling the woman who wears it in a very inviting way. GREAT!! Longlasting on my skin.
(I don't find any Cinema YSL in Serpentine EdP. BUT middle and basenote are very similar to Versace Crystal Noir - topnote they are not alike at all - but after 40 minutes - they are twinsister. Both scents have Gardenia, Pepper, Sandalwood and Amber).

EdP-varianten. En doft för den vuxna kvinnan. Underbart djupa blomnoter med torra halvsöta doftnoter med en härlig dos Amber, Sandelträ och Tolubalsam i basen. På mig öppnar den med vita blommor som har en luftig, lätt pepprig ton. Otroligt elegant, sofistikerad och chic. Inte modernt socker/sirapssöt parfym, så jag tror den passar kvinnan bättre än tonåringen. Det är ingen högljudd doft men ändå där runt dig. Serpentine sticker ingen i näsan men den omringar den som bär den på ett väldigt lockande sätt. Superfin!! Riktigt hållbar på min hud.
(Jag hittar inga likheter alls med Cinema YSL och Serpentine EdP. MEN mellan och basnoten är otroligt lika med Versace Crystal Noir. De är helt olika i toppnoten men efter 40 minuter så är de lika som tvillingar. Gemensamma noter: Gardenia, Peppar, Sandelträ och Amber.)

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

I am not one of those people who opens up bottles of perfume at TJMaxx because I realize that not providing testers is one way that they keep prices low. But if someone else has already opened one, I will sniff it. Heck, I'll even spray it, I admit it. So I was delighted to find an open bottle of Serpentine. One sniff and I was in heaven. Could it be? From the bottle, it smelled just like Organza Indecence! The serpent emboldened me, so I sprayed.

And instantly the lie was revealed. It smelled like somewhere in the Garden of Eden was a huge Frangipani blossom covering something that indoor plumbing would dispatch to the bowels of the earth in a less primordial setting. Paradise Lost!

It took me ten minutes to find my way across the mall to a washroom. But just before I was about to preform a quick baptism, the initial indolic opening act was over. And in it's place, a truly beautiful fragrance emerged. Yes, like the other reviews stated, it smelled very much like Cinema ( same nose is behind both fragrances) and five hours later I am again smelling Organza Indecence.

So I made my way back to the store and bought a bottle for a very reasonable price. It did not cost me an arm. Or a leg. Did not even have to sell my soul.

Jellybean
Jellybean

This one blew my mind, literally! Soooooo good!
Even better than anticipated.
Soft, balmy floral with cosmeticy touch.
Highly sophisticated.
Hangs close to the skin, up to 5 hours.

stormyla
stormyla

All of the nice things reviewers have said about this fragrance are true. It really is easy to wear in all situations. On me the longevity is 8+ hours and the sillage is moderate to heavy.

I bought this and Cartier's Baiser Vole to alternate as "everyday" scents. The Serpentine is by far the better performer with more depth, character and staying power.

The Cavalli is also a much better value as there is quite a bit for sale on Ebay at deeply discounted prices.

If you are looking for something classy with ease and an alluring freshness, give this one a try! The bottle is quite attractive too. What else would you expect from Roberto Cavalli?

TheCountess
TheCountess

Nothing special for me. I hated it. Smells too generic on my skin.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I got a mini to try as I liked the sound of the notes and I like it so much, I am going to get a big bottle. I agree with other reviewers, there is a similarity with Hot Couture as it does share several notes but to me this is less sweet & fruity. This is balmy and reminds me of warm rain on tropical flowers. I like the artemisia and mango blossom at the beginning a lot, the white flowers are not too in your face giving it a really soft and dewy quality. The pepper is subtle and the amber & balsam give it a warm base. This is a really lovely feminine scent suitable for all seasons, day or night.

tulpe
tulpe

Serpentine is very seductive,feminine and soft. i was using it for few years but got tired because longevity is the only one bad thing for me. Love the bottle and ad though. AND personally I dont think it is s
imilar to Ysl Cinema.

siying.hong
siying.hong

Got this as a sample from an extremely kind lady in Fragrantica. Tried it on my wrist. the sillage and longevity are not fantastic.

but overall pleasant sweet scent. not sweet sweet. but tolerable sweet.

I detected tea in the initial burst which i like very much. the crisp of tea leaves...soon after, it transits into the linear sweet scent which has v obvious honey note...that reminds me of Lady Gaga's FAME. haha!

it lies close to the skin ans there is almost no sillage. as a scent it does fine...
Anw, all thanks to the lady that i can have access to this, which i hv nv come across in my country. (maybe cos i hv nv asked for it...but i def dun see it at sephora!)...

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Very similar HOT COUTURE_Givenchy, but SERPENTINE is much better.

vicka16
vicka16

I love this fragrance! For me Serpentine is a very interesting, warm fragrance with slightly peppery notes. It is great for everyday wear and can be easily worn for a night out. Great staying power too.
A lot of people compare it to YSL Cinema. I have both and find them quit different. Cinema is a very sweet and much stronger fragrance more suitable for night wear.

AgnieseLegrand
AgnieseLegrand

It is a very pleasent and elegant fragrance.Smells like sweet orange with spice, but wery warm and casual.On first spray it reminds my very,
Cinema YSL.Almost the same.But Serpentine is much more for a day and lasting power is less then YSL.But still this fragrance is magic.Love wear it, especially now when it's getting colder.

dimplesg
dimplesg

I've just bought this at a bargain price. So far it seems like a very easy and uncomplicated fragrance to wear; probably on days when you're unsure of what fragrance to wear.
Reminds me also of YSL Cinema as mentioned earlier by another reviewer.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

I want to be fair, when i smelled this perfume (yesterday) on the paper sampler thing it smelled sooooooo gooooood! I smelled pepper instantly and the mandarine along with my love sandalwood!! It was so attractive and i was actually set on buying it SO i decided to spray it on my hand; VOMIT! Not vomit vomit but a really weird and awful scent that just made me want to throw up! I waited for it to settle down but it still smelled horrible :(
It's so sad cause i really loved its scent and the way it's put together BUT ONLY FROM THE SAMPLER!!
So i'm not gonna say "dislike" just because it smelled bad with my skin, i'm gonna "like" it cause that's what i really felt!
I think it suits day or night use which is really good! But i couldn't judge the sillige and it's staying power just by that!

I really hoped that it would have smelled good on me :( it's really elegent and chic. Very lady like scent you know the one that is so badass but still girly in her own way!
Gaaaaah WHY WON'T YOU SMELL GOOD ON ME! I'm that lady so i need you :(
Life is unfair :(

For those ladies that love the new Roberto Cavalli, but hesitate to pay the full price, the EDP of Serpentine is equal chic. It is not the same perfume, but I surely do not consider this one less attractive. I am just glad that this one is still available for such a good price, knowing that it's twin Cinema is still on the expensive side!

tvu
tvu

GoGojo - i just want to reply to your message regarding fixing this perfume. I do this very often when i find smell that are too 'powerful' in the summer months. (Instead of giving it away). To balance a heavy perfume scent, i normally top up with something more of an 'aquatic' & 'cooler' in nature, such as "Cool Water" EDT, this fragrance is light and aquatic which balances off nicely with the heavier ones. One spray of the heavy perfume, and two sprays of the lighter one which will reduce the heaviness of any scents. Also spray behind your neck to avoid smelling too much of it, Goodluck :)

Gogojo
Gogojo

I so hope that there are noses out there that can help me.

I was given this perfume and all I can smell is violets. I live in a tropical area so we don't have any violets here and the smell is nauseating until I spray some Roberto Cavalli eau de parfum on top of it.
The violets are still there but not as harsh.

Is there another perfume that I could use with this one to balance out the violets? Or do I just get rid of the bottle, which would be such a waste.

I know it isn't really a done thing to mix scents, but surely there is a scent that would subdue this heavy violet scent.

Hoping someone can help me with this

altair
altair

I have received Serpentine as a gift.
Impressions: Smells expensive, but in the same time generic. You can mistaken it for a hundred other perfums. It does not have that quality of being instantly recognizable like Alien/Addict/Lolita Lempicka etc.
Lasting power:7/10
Sillage:8/10

HelenFlowerz
HelenFlowerz

Magnificent! Very elegant, expensive, feminine scent. For sure a masterpiece.

Reverie78
Reverie78

very classy and mature but at the same time appropriate for young girls too. A glamorous perfume that brings to my mind old stars of Hollywood. I usually wear it on Saturday nights. Although it's too expensive, i think it worths the money.

millie32
millie32

What can I say about Roberto's Cavalli Serpentine .I just love the bottle ,(whats that old saying never judge a book by its cover) but this package is surprising.Musky fruits like mango with touch's of black pepper and just enough hints of amber plus sandalwood makes Serpentine not, too musky enough so you can indeed wear the scent in day time.Do I detect a warm sweet candy like scent? Perhaps clove? This is one of my favorite scent for summer gold sunny and lusty sweet in between.

vmzaneti
vmzaneti

Just gorgeous. I understand those who expected this one to be more challeging. The package and bottle suggests that. But sometimes we don't want to wear something challenging, but just smell awesome. Furthermore, challenging scents usually don't go well in a variety of situations, unlike this pluripotent gem here.
This one excels just because of that: it is distinctive, has plenty of character, and despite of those, it is extremely versatile and pretty much likeable by anyone in my opinion. It's like an all-purpose scent that simply can't do wrong at any imaginable circumstance.
It's a very uplifting and happy scent, with loads of tropical fruits and flowers, slightly spiced and a bit powdery, very balmy and ambery. It is effortlessly opulent... in other words, it has an unpretentious opulency that makes this fragrance very sensual and sexy, but without being too obvious or naughty. A kind of elusive, platonic, restrained sexyness. Class and etiquette underneath a happy, joyful and juvenile spirit. This perfume is french in its soul and brazillian in its heart. As a result, the scent is a passionate and cheerful, yet classy and glamourous combination.
It could be worn all year round, but I think it would really shine at its best in colder weather and in formal wear.
Perfectly suited for woman of all ages - after their teens - that have good taste, sense of humor, young spirit, warm heart, plenty of happy smiles, but class and ladylike personality too.

Ideal projection (not overwhelming and not weak either) and lasts a good deal of time (at least 6 hours). Fantastic stuff.

Thank you Jacques Cavallier.

miracle99
miracle99

I would describe it as sick and mature but not so mature that i can't wear it in my twenties. So, it gives me an elegant and classy touch when i wear it. Ideal for your night out.

Bakersdozen
Bakersdozen

This perfume is warm, spicy, and sweet. It is very well constructed fragrance and I received compliments the very first day I wore it. It also has a good longetivity. I would describe it as pretty and sexy.

SerpentineRC
SerpentineRC

My favourite, it's so sweet and seductive. I got it from my boyfriend. He likes it, too. :)

LittleRed
LittleRed

This was a blind buy based on reviews. I can’t say that I find Serpentine exciting, but it certainly is elegant, glamorous, and possesses some notes that help distinguish it from other “pretty” perfumes. First, it could have been just another tropical fruity floral, but there is something in the top notes that cools it down and tempers the sweetness with a distinct herbal and somewhat green quality. I haven’t smelt artemisia on its own, but perhaps this is what lends Serpentine this distinction, along with the cool crispness of the violet leaf, with which I am more familiar. The pepper is easily identifiable and adds that necessary dash of sharpness.

What I like most about this fragrance is how the notes blend harmoniously on that lovely base of amber and tolu balsam. The whole composition is carried by this smooth, resinous, somewhat oily balm, which gives it much more character than it would have otherwise. It captures those bold top notes, and projects them through a more refined lens, giving Serpentine the polish that sets it apart from tropical and fruity florals.

As others have mentioned, Serpentine is indeed radiant, warm, and undoubtedly has an opulent gold aura. Although I don’t yet count it among my very favourites, I find I am wearing it quite often. I find it suitable for a variety of moods, attire, and environments.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

What a sumptuous delight this is! It is reminiscent of the 80's powerhouse fragrances, but without the hangover (hangovers which are worth it with the classic and potent fragrances). Mandarins, oranges, mango flower, amber, sandalwood and pepper! It is such a delicious, gorgeous fragrance and ever so lasting! It lasts for days on my clothes. If you want to be noticed and love oozing tropical vibes, then go for this one! It is one of my new potent powerhouse fragrances that will remain in my collection for years to come. The silage is awesome. You can leave a room for an hour, walk back in and still smell Serpentine! Goddesses of the world, treat yourself with this. It is divinity in a (very stunning) bottle!

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Hi Dears,
this have been in my shelf about half an year, stayed there to forgotten. And now noticed it last early night after Sauna. And I need to say, this worked huge well with Sauna warm skin, at evening for night. And still at morning I sensed its aroma. So I must say, this goes with me loong way through night time. Definitely will take away from shelf to some place to be seen. *Smiling wide here*. Will recommend to give a try.

pauluch3
pauluch3

Actually, judging by the look of the bottle and its name I expected something totally different. It turned out that Serpentine is a soft powdery floral, but unfortunately I won't purchase a bottle because my skin eats the smell in literally 1 minute.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This perfume does not smell anything like I thought it would. For some reason I thought by looking at the bottle that it would be a real stinker. NOT SO! It smells warm, clean and delicious! The pepper gives it a bit of kick in the background keeping it from being too overly floral. It is clean without being soapy, green and screechy and peppery without being harsh and strong. I like it alot.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

I'm very happy that I tracked Serpentine down online and ordered a big bottle. This is one of my daily rotation perfumes now, in my 'top 5 priced for daily use' category...It suits me very well, is compatible with my skin, and simply smells delicious.

The first spray gives you a long, luxurious inhalation of all things warm and enticing: flowers-fruit-pepper-balsam...It settles into heady tropical flowers lapped with vanilla-y balsam, a bit of sandalwood, lingering light pepper, a touch of violet leaf. At no point did I experience the "over-ripe banana" that a few others mention, but I think I can sense something that might do that on different skin; so testing before purchase is probably advisable. On me, it's simply perfect. It has richness, depth, and warmth, melded with florals that have sweetness but also a touch of something very delicately indolic---as do good jasmines or tuberoses---that makes it have a languorous quality. Projection is moderate, but it lasts surprisingly well, even overnight, and with any rise in skin temperature it will blossom again. It's moderately priced, I like the bottle quite well, and I've been wearing it frequently with compliments from all types of people. Both thumbs way up for me.

maraika
maraika

I avoided trying this, because of the bottle. I thought it would be a heavy smell. But i read the reviews here and gave it a try and it's really what most of you say - a gold scent - very pleasant, comforting vanilla. It reminds me of YSL Cinema. I would wear it in winter, as it's warm, cozy and cuddly. Even the first spray is great - a little fresh and sweet and then comes the warm, elegant, golden drydown. Like it a lot!

SheShe
SheShe

I had a bottle and sold it. I left myself a sample, about 10 ml.

I wouldn't have sold it if the scent was stronger. Serpentine is subtle and delicate - the snake doesn't bite. I can detect mango, pepper, wood... The scent is gold and I must admit it's the best created gold I've ever smelt, I really see gold in my imagination.

Ah, I've also tested an edt version and it's different than edp - an edt is fresher, edp more oriental (I prefer the edp).

About the edp version:

Lasting power 3+/5,
fragrance 4/5
bottle 5 -/5

daliflora
daliflora

It seems to me a flowery and rather subtle scent, very pleasant and wearable, though slightly mature. Not very exotic on my skin, however. The balsam note creates a calming effect, which is noticeable from the beginning.

onimoka
onimoka

I got this gorgeous bottle as a gift from very generous fragrantista- dear "tsofa"! THANK YOU for choosing me! After thinking a while, about how describe this fragrance, i have decidet to get help from preiouse reviewers :) Many good reviews, however, my own opinion close to what "icekat" has wrote ( with the only diference that i could not find better words to describe this). ...exotic, beautiful, it is comforting, sensual, feminine and appealing. I have also experiensed that this fragrance can be used during the day or night, depending on the amount applied.
One more thing - I was wearing "Serpentine" to a job interview. I think i got it! :) Now, my dear "tsofa" - if i do get this job - i will send you a gift too :)
For those who do not know this fragranse, it is highly recomendet if you like Gardenia flower. Soft, creamy very elegant fragrance.

Edit:
Did not get job there,but in love with this fragrance still :) I got another job though, shortly after.

alice_fotini
alice_fotini

This is one of those fragrances I always reach for: extremely elegant, classy, modern and refined, sensual.
It smells expensive (for the good reasons..!)

FRAGRANZA
FRAGRANZA

Good fragrance because it's sweet but spicy. Original. Bottle nice.

Angelfreak4
Angelfreak4

This fragrance is as good as it gets for a fruity-floral one! I love this one so much that I bought a "back-up" 3.4 oz. and body creme. This fragrance is not complete without the body creme! It has gold shimmer in it, and smells like heaven!!

Puppe
Puppe

I like it and it is very long lasting!

icekat
icekat

SERPENTINE is an exotic, beautiful and exhilarating tropical flowers and fruits in a bottle. The scent is comforting, sensual, feminine and appealing. I was instantly enthralled by its seductive character. The scent’s effect can be greatly controlled by the amount applied. The light touch was perfect for the office. It was very girly, pleasant and lovely, a bit romantic but not very dramatic. If I apply medium to strong amount, I get this sultry, sensual tropical vibe that makes me feel like a goddess in a Mayan temple, sensual and sweet but beneath the surface a bit carnal and dangerous. The flowers turn fleshy, heady and powerful but still very pleasant on my skin.

The opening is citrus fresh but then it transforms into sweet and tropical heady nectar of mango blossoms and light gardenia. It is absolutely delicious. The scent is very smooth, buttery and creamy. It wraps around my body like a soft, sensual mist. The heart notes bring opulent tropical frangipani and honey like tiare flowers. The scent continues to flow like buttery nectar, caressing me with a sweet embrace. The dry down is glowing warm amber and balsam. The scent takes a long time to develop on my skin. It becomes more ambery and woody as time progresses.

The scent showcases better in warmer weather which seems to heat up the tropical cocktail of fruits and flowers and makes it shine. I would call this more of a nice tropical fruity floral then oriental floral. Longevity and sillage are excellent. I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a nice creamy tropical flowers scent.
(This review is for Eau de Parfume)

LADYELLE
LADYELLE

This is a very lovely fragrance for spring/summer day tme wear. It lasts all day long

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

You know sometimes names of frags are misplaced. This is the one that should be called. ADDICT. Because seriously I kept wanting it. Thank you Trax for a lovely sample. Love everything about this. A well done maze to my nose.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

A very bright and promising opening that highlights gardenia. Then there was something rather fruity in the middle... within minutes it all but faded away. I didn't even get a chance to experience a solid drydown.

rednose
rednose

I find that Kastehelmi's review sums up my own experience with this perfume, except on me this perfume was not sweet. And I would agree with what many have noted before me about it being generic and unimpressive, but when I woke up the next morning after spraying this, the dry down was something my nose was following like a hunting dog.So, I realized it deserves credit for its sillage and its great dry down.

Coco _Mademoiselle80
Coco _Mademoiselle80

It's similar to J'adore edp, both are elegant, flowery, casual scents for mature women. Unfortunately I get tired of it quickly.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Serpentine by Roberto Cavalli differs from my expectation. The advertisement and the bottle both looks sexy, hot and mysterious, but the perfume itself really didn't impress me much.

The combination of gardenia, mango blossom and frangipani smells quite calm and ordinary rather than a tropical flowers party which can give an impact. Given that I dislike the amber existing in any perfume, I dislike the amber in Serpentine either. It's a bit nauseating that the amber and something like resin can be smelt at one since the first spray.

Sorry, I can't picture myself buying it, though to some extent I like the bottle, it makes people imagine about the ancient Egypt myths immediately. Anyhow I'd like to give the Sliver edition and Anniversary edition a shot, seems that they don't contain amber.

I found it very elegant, classy & classic, feminine. It induces a happy mood. I will wear it at the office during the cold season.

golden
golden

Just bought this and I am loving it. To my nose it is sweet yet something about it makes me feel happy. I feel on my skin it works well and I am blown away by the lasting power.
I think people that dislike this may want to give this another try, as I feel if I were to over spray too much it can be too overly sickly. However use with a light hand and it's a different story altogether.
Rich, sweet, alluring, and seductive. Great for day use and evening. I think it's best suited for cool to colder months.
And remember use with a light touch.

Ladysong
Ladysong

I don't hate it, but it certainly didn't impress me. The sweetness of the mango is nice, but there is something else there that put me off - not exactly sure which component it is, but the harshness lingers on after the sweetness has evaporated. NOT a favorite.

adrienn99
adrienn99

nice bottle but do not think the frag has anything to with it?

Snakes are feared and dark creatures and to me this frag is just an 'innocent' flowery one. Cannot imagine any danger about any woman wearing this. Regarding the frag I would not like to make a statement as I am not a great fan of florals. To me there is not much oriental about this either.

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

Gorgeous bottle... but the scent only served to remind me that I have way too much perfume, and didn't particularly need this one. It's juicy and vibrant enough, which is great if you like snakes to be that way... WTH?! All it says to me is, "Hi, I'm here."

nyoka
nyoka

this is a lovely fume.the notes all blend together and swirl into an envelope of creamy,fragrant bliss.the light fruit beginning reminds me of sweet almost overipe mandarin oranges all creamy and delicious.it turns quicklyinto a peppery bowl of deep pourple violets turning their little faces to the sun.as a finishing act,mellow sandlewood and amber merge into the long lasting expensive aroma.i cant imagine anyone not liking or better yet loving this fume.it does have a sensual air to it and,makes the wearer feel sexy too.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I love this fragrance, but I can only wear it when I am nauseated with stress or exhaustion. Then, it grounds me and makes me feel better and more secure. Otherwise, when I am well, it's a little overwhelming, and can make me nauseated. LOL.

This fragrance doesn't smell cheap at all on my skin. It actually works quite well with my chemistry.

The top and heart notes are very sweet and floral on me, while the base is deeply oriental with the tolu balsam and amber standing out the most. I used to wear it everyday, and I miss it.

I love the opening of Roberto Cavalli SERPENTINE, in which I find the richness of gardenia mingling with balsam familiar and beloved to me from Marc Jacobs ESSENCE.

Unfortunately, SERPENTINE moves with dispatch past this sumptuous stage to evolve into a sweet concoction evocative of overripe bananas, forgotten in a corner of the kitchen until their only hope lies in the possibility of a baking initiative.

I can't explain the black-skinned syrupy banana aura from the listed notes, but something combines in a less than felicitous way with the balsam--perhaps there is mango, along with the mango flowers?--to produce a somewhat unappetizing gourmand medley. Perhaps the tropical flowers account for the sweetness of SERPENTINE. The orange is not at all noticeable to my nose at any stage in the development--this is not a citrusy scent at all.

In the drydown, SERPENTINE becomes more likeable again, with a dryness and warm woodiness that I like. But the overripe banana phase is disagreeable enough to nullify the niceness of the opening and the end.

Sissi
Sissi

A Long Sperpent Decending from the Third
Eye from a Byzantine Gold Statue and the Palace is Wanderlust of Gold dust
Gold Icon Gold Funiture Golden Silk Bedsheets. and a Round Mirror Above
you head.

As the Serpent comes closer to you
behind it it leaves it markings on the
floor Revealing it's Long and Sinuous Line.
allover the Bedroom floor And then
magicly Turns into a Tall Slender Woman
her looks is a cross between Ursula Andress From the James Bone movie D.R No
Nicole Kidman Or Brigette Bardot
Is Covered in Goldust Paint and wears
a Golden G String Bikini and gently lie
back as she gently kisses you and you
moan in ecstasy And you hear the sweet
gentile sounds of the hindu bijans
and a scent of Sandalwood Insence coming into the palace bedroom from the Jeweled Sunset. Conjures up for me.
a feeling Of Bacchanalia when i wear
this.

Sugar419
Sugar419

I ordered a sample of this and was so happily anticipating it, just knowing I would love it by the description. I certainly love the bottle. But no, no I don't like it. It's sweet, very sweet, almost cloying. The drydown could be spicy and maybe it's just my personal chemistry, but there's a layer of sweet over even the spiciness, making this one headache-inducing. Such a shame!

guest_gorgeous
guest_gorgeous

definitely gets the male attention!

guest_bliss
guest_bliss

I totally disagree...This perfume is amazing and my fiance loves it, it is not cheap at all and smells almost like it has a musky warm undertone. Cinema is definitely more fresh however this perfume is more soft, subtle and very feminine.:-)

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

an exercise in how not to be sold by advertising. Nasty blah blah fragrance which smells cheap. Gave it away

Sibling to Cinema EDP, both have the same father, Jacques Cavallier. Love them both!! Cinema a bit more polished, but Serpentine with it's own (less commercial) identity. Both fantastic.

Persephone
Persephone

The death certificate proclaimed, immediate cause: fatal poisoning by a rattlesnake. The bottle mysteriously disappeared right after I got it, as if avoiding to be used.. Rightly so.

Mimmi
Mimmi

Indeed, concept is opposit to scent itself. I was expecting something provocative,challenging - but instead I am enjoying something more softspoken.
On me, the mango/orange note adds personality to the flowerblend. Its low key but persistant, a warm, ripe, not too sweet lasting undercurrant. Blends down well with the soft sandal and balsamic spices. Compared to Cinema I find there is a pinch of dirt here, adding some understated purr of sexiness - "good for a mature woman at the office"? Make no mistake - even if such a concept is undesirable to some Young ladies, it hold its own pleasures and I belive this scent could add to them.
Averege sillage, lastingpower good (8 hrs) EDP.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

It's not hard to like Serpentine.

As others have noted, it is not a particularly original scent, but sometimes I just want to smell pleasant and nice, to myself and others around me, without having to work at learning to like something. Serpentine is well-suited for those occasions. Strikes me as a good perfume for the office, too.

This is a beautiful feminine scent, flowery with a hint of sandalwood, and a sweet/spicy dry-down.

(I am also testing Roberto Cavalli for Her, and I find a lot of similarities between the two, but Serpentine is holding my interest a bit more.)

Not sure what concentration I'm testing as I received the sample in a swap, but it lasts about 8 hours, so I'm guessing EDP. Sillage was average.

It's well-priced, very wearable, non-offensive and comes in a great bottle. What's not to like?

Dark Curls

Never mind, I do not like it. I feel ordinary in it, and the dry down is just too sweet/plain for my taste. It smells pleasant enough but to me it is really boring! I cannot wait to wash it off; however, I had just showered and put it on. BLEH

Dark Curls

So I decided to wear the sample I have of this today and it smells really good! Very feminine. I do not think the staying power is too great on me though. I probably can do without buying a bottle of it.

Should you ever see the body cream of Serpentine, do not hesitate for a second to buy it! Its smells just DIVINE, thick, creamy, warm en leaves a glitter trail. Also if you are a Cinema lover (like I am, and not a surprise also from Cavallier) this one really could suit you as well. Especially the EdP.

c3c
c3c

I lack the words to describe this one. I don't smell Tiare or Frangipani, not compared to true flowers anyway (who's scent I would roll in if I could) but it's intriguing and pleasant all the same. A bit sweet, somewhere along the lines of a very mellow Cinema, maybe a tiny bit of Laura Biagiotti Venezia, but it's own creation. Mysterious, even if you've never seen bottle, which conjures up images of Medusa. Although I do believe she'd wear it.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Wonderful floriental! My new winter favorite. Balanced and sultry. I'm buying it as soon as possible.

silvia_air
silvia_air

It's such a sexy perfume. It smells so good. I adore it!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Beautiful bottle, I bought it thinking with a bottle like this it couldn't smell ordinary, the gold one... but it does... sadly, the most common floral I could think of ; no wow in it, no class, just perfumey, good for mature woman at the office maybe, where you want to smell clean and good, but be lost in your background,without standing up too much... too bad the bottle is so pretty... disappointing...

CaraMia
CaraMia

The opening of Serpentine is rather sweet and herbal, artemisia and orange shine through beautifully. This would have been good enough to hook me in, but the scent actually got better. The sweetness settled down a bit and the green leaves and warm dry wood kicked in to make Serpentine a complex luxurious floral. The pepper is understated and the spiciness stays close to the skin.

I'm wondering if the EDT is the one getting the less than rave reviews? The EDP is glorious and worth a second look!

Yummy

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

This is pure luxury one can buy captured in this dramatic snake-bottle. It`s such an Exquisite and Perfect perfume, that one can not describe it with simple words. One has to experience it. It reminds me of "Cinéma" by Yves Saint Laurent. Only that "Serpentine" is slightly more sofisticated, fascinating & luxurious. Simply an "IT-perfume"!!! And the bottle? A masterpiece of ART!(yes I admit it. I very much love snakes as decoration)

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I have only a decant, but I don't think I would want any more of this. Serpenine might be lovely from a distance, but sniffing my wrist, I don't care for it. It has a kind of pleasant woodsy heaviness, but there is a cloying sweet, and slightly-peppered quality that detracts from the seduction-like flower syrup and candied fennel. The bottle is beautiful...and I certainly don't hate it...

Update: Within 20 minutes, much of the overbearing sweetness goes away, so that I am left with scrumptious imperial sandalwood. I love such brilliantly rare orientals that harmonize notes like balsam, amber and sandalwood, not incorporating too much more, and leaving out the patchouli. While I often find the problem with fragrances of loving the top notes only to be disappointed by the middle notes and all too often, the dry-down, I can deal with some slightly overwhelming top notes when they reveal a fragrance as pleasant as this....
So I want it...sigh....
And the bottle is just gorgeous.

Update:
The sweetness and pepper blend here could work, but it doesn't-the dry down is so nice, but half of the time wearing the fragrance I get an overripe sweetness-not fruity, but sweet in the an off way. This isn't powerhouse, but it's too much in a tropical floral way and not very bold otherwise. Very wearable, but not loveable for me...

guest_Indira_89
guest_Indira_89

I bought the first bottle 3 years before.
and i't still my favor, i jusr adore him...so sexy....and ...i feel much better wearing him...and sometimes feel like I don't need anything else to wear...mmmmmmmmmm

ticalica

Superior lasting power
!!!

Fragrance
Fragrance

I Like this perfume.. It's Sweet and deep in it there's a kind of mysterious touch. But it doesn't give u a refreshing feeling..But it's lovely...

guest_disalee
guest_disalee

Just got a sample and i really like it. Its sweet and peppery, comforting and nice. I love the bottle and want it but since money is tight and im on the search for THE perfect scent it will have to wait. This is not the one for me. Even though its good enough to eat

nice bottle and nice name that matches exactly the perfume inside.I really get the pepper here.in fact it's a bit like "visit" by azzaro,but this one sweeter.
I also get the mandarin orange(I thought it's tangerine,but anyway it's the fruity scent of the fragrance)
most of the times I don't admire pepper in perfumes but it's well mixed in this fragrance.there are just floral sweetness and a delicate hint of pepper.
snakes are strange animals.they are known for being hypnotic.there are so many legends about them.know that I'm smelling this perfume on my wrist I realize this is a good perfume with the right name.
I'm so eager to find and try the silver one.
not old-fashioned nor repetitive,just a new experience for snake ladies!

tsofa
tsofa

I really wanted to like this fragrance... Its notes are lovely but they didn't match my skin at all, especially the sandalwood and the tolu balsam. Extremely strong, lasts all day long on me but unfortunately brings me a bad headache. The bottle is divine and seductive but not the fragrance itself. I'm really dissapointed.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

Extraordinary perfume! I can’t understand all the bad reviews. It’s a very sexy and powerful fragrance. I was initially attracted by the bottle and I wasn’t disappointed when I tried this one on my skin. It’s the perfect summer fragrance, when you want to attract the attention of all men ;) reminds me a bit of Sensi from Giorgio Armani…

Trvevil
Trvevil

Serpents on bottle and the name... so attractive for me. But reviews it got isn't showing this perfume in it's light. Well out of bottle it smells like perfume. Just perfume, you know. It seems very classic scent. But when applied it to my skin it was heavy, oriental beautiful and with faint notes of fresh fruit or sweet flower just like lace. I really love the way this perfume is spicy and sexy, really mature. Then through spicy oriental composition you can feel sweet tiare flower rising. Capturing dry-down of my favorite sandalwood and something else interesting that I never met in perfumes I tried on me before. Nice blend of kinda sweet notes with peppery oriental notes.

PR
PR

tried it few weeks ago, and it didn't catch my attention. generic smell not something I would like to have

dioradddict

oh i´m prone to buy it unsniffied too, but i´m kind afraid... would someone compare its smell with another parfum? does it reminds hot couture? is it a modern smell or not? i have oro and i like it, but i was looking for something easier to wear...

SandraS
SandraS

Lovely at first but too sweet. I got tired really quickly. I got the feeling i was smelling someting sugary like coton candy. Not for me-

Moszatka
Moszatka

Special fragrance with fresh opening and then becames floral and semi-sweet. I like it, not an "everyday-perfume".

Aeternitas

Got my bottle, and I am disappointed. The bottle is so beautiful, the advertising is passionate and goddess-like, sexy, and exotic but unfortunately the fragrance itself is not. Very misleading. It is too subtle and generic. I agree with Maki that Oro is way better. I love Oro, so if you love Oro you will probably hate Serpentine. At first I get a bunch of florals and a bit of sandalwood, and on the dry down I get something fruity with black pepper and amber. It's light and plain. Wasn't expecting this from Cavalli. I gave this to my mom, she likes it :)

guest_Maki
guest_Maki

uhhmm..considering that this is Cavalli, I can say..NOTHING SPECIAL.
"ORO" is so much better and stronger..for ppl with strong personality.

Aeternitas

Just bought this unsniffed, can't wait to see my reaction to it! I will, of course, write a review on it as soon as I try it.

doroula
doroula

This is one of the rare fragrances that make my stomach turn! Sorry, Cavalli, but I would rather skip this one!

2007
elgab89
elgab89

I love this one. I purchased it because I loved the bottle and I was lucky, the fragrance is just as intriguing. It is now one of my favorite fragrances. Sweet flowery with peppery tones. Mmmmm!

2007

Serpentine by Roberto Cavalli 3.74 out of 5 based on 697 ratings and 130 user reviews

Sample
Serpentine Perfume by Roberto Cavalli, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
SERPENTINE for WOMEN by Roberto Cavalli EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
SERPENTINE for WOMEN by Roberto Cavalli EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Serpentine by Roberto Cavalli for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roberto Cavalli Serpentine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Roberto Cavalli Serpentine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Serpentine by Roberto Cavalli. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Serpentine by Roberto Cavalli represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.